What is the best game of this generation?

What is the best game of this generation?

Attached: Mosiac010122929983u84u8u45.jpg (2449x1231, 1.8M)

Attached: hk.jpg (1000x1000, 247K)

hollow knight

Hollow Knight is ass.

um, no sweetie

Persona 5's probably my favourite. I really like The Last Guardian as well.

Based, Yea Forums are just being contrarians by shilling a niche indie game while shitting on the actual popular ones for being "Pretenious" or "Tumblr" despite never playing them

Hey buddy, I think you've got the wrong door, r/gaming is two blocks down.

It seems like the people who don't like it are the people who don't find enjoyment from exploring areas and filling out the map, which is fair enough. Not everyone finds that stuff enjoyable.

By that definition then BOTW would be the best game of the generation

>this generation
What do you mean by "this generation"?
Which is "this"?

If we judge by the latest releases, DMC5 is easily the game of the decade.

I personally think it's Devil May Cry.

Attached: Underworld (1).webm (1280x720, 2.09M)

Will probably get called a zoomer but thought it was genuine fun and keep going back to it at least twice a year.

Attached: minecraft_horizontal-key-art.jpg (1600x900, 343K)

they'd answer with the witcher 3 dumbass

Sekiro

I like most games in the genre. Outside of the admittedly fantastic visuals and a few good bosses HK is weak IMO

Whatever game made you happy

Attached: 1522212850431.jpg (1168x1128, 164K)

To a lot of people it is.

It’s hollow knight
It’s probably the greatest metroidvania ever made and I’ve played a bunch of castlevania and metroid

DMC5 wasn't even the best game of March.

Why? The only detractor for me was the relatively uninspired power ups.

That's your opinion I don't really care about.

DMC 5

Movement is too loose and weightless, level design is legit bad, music isn't memorable, too many environments are samey looking.

I’d say this is a better choice than fucking Persona.

Fate GO

Trails FC > Trails SC > INSIDE > Journey > Bloodborne > Undertale > Limbo > Persona 5 > ALBW > RE7 > BOTW

Attached: goodbye.jpg (804x459, 47K)

Dragon Quest XI

Attached: 1724DF4C-BDA8-4AAD-97FC-1511CE0D21E3.gif (200x260, 3.86M)

>Movement is too loose and weightless
Considering you're a small bug creature, I thing the movement and weight feels right
>level design is legit bad
Why?
>music isn't memorable
I dunno, it has at least a few tracks I could hum. Outside of that I think it's all very fitting at the very least. I think the soundtrack is pretty great honestly
>too many environments are samey looking
I think they do a good job of giving each area its own distinct feel. I kind of get where you're coming from, but almost all of the game is set in caves, so I think they did well with what they had.

Bloodborne

not breath of the empty, more like winds howling

97, Cope more

I honestly disagree on everything. I enjoyed playing through HK once and I'm unlikely to play it ever again, but the movement in the game is objectively well-tuned, level design is objectively "at least decent" given the movement options you're getting throughout the game, there is memorable and powerful music in the game even I noticed despite pretty much never paying attention to it, and the environment is highly varied between the levels.

Just because it's fresh, that's natural.

Don't act like you don't know.

Attached: Bloodborne.jpg (767x1080, 233K)

But bloodborne is shit

Wanna know the name?

Attached: F9931F42-A8B9-4656-BF8A-7B6F302A1E60.jpg (1024x911, 111K)

This, only liked because it's the only noteworthy AAA Sony exclusive

every game is the best game.
play on, gamers

Attached: 1541450598076.png (1050x700, 187K)

Attached: E0602304-D954-493C-A5D0-78B097CCA876.png (300x168, 98K)

HK is just a side scrolling game.

This gen was incredibly barren. Two of the games in OP are solid pics though.

Bloodborne, you retard.

That's not even possible though

> All 4 of the games in the picture are solid
Fixed

So?

That wasn't even better than the first RDR.

Persona 5 is just a boring visual novel

I'd pick Subnautica. Maybe biased because it washed the awful taste of KH3 out of my mouth but it was some solid fun.

Persona 5 is not very good and is a triumph of marketing over anything else. I'm biased against Undertale's writing, but its workings are fine.

Nier Automata or Red dead redemtion 2 for me so far senpai

But i have also yet to play DMC 5, Bloodborne and sekiroill get to them

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Bloodborne
3. Persona 5
4. Hollow Knight
5. DMC5

Three of these games were released in 2017.

Attached: 1515629417660.jpg (960x960, 109K)

Literally a piece of shit & fails in every single aspect of game design except Graphics

All fantastic games. here's how I honestly ranked them:
Undertale > Persona 5 > Nier: Automata > BotW

Undertale tremendously surpassed my expectations and delivered a vidya experience I haven't had since I was a kid.
Persona 5 was able to keep me in a game and enjoy it for a long time which a videogame hadn't done for me for a long time
Nier was great with beautiful soundtrack and the true ending was very memorable
BotW was fun to explore but it left me wanting more at the end of it

Attached: 1.gif (500x375, 483K)

You're a AAA piece of sh*t

Watch your step or I won't censor myself next time.

Kid Icarus Uprising

BOTW is boring.

Your mother was boring.

just like BOTW

Dude why the fuck are you seething?

Why is Bloodborne so worshiped when it's basically a faster Dark Souls? It's a good game, but pretty much souls tier.

Sekiro is the game where From proved they got balls to at least change the formula and it worked well.

Attached: sekiro.jpg (1920x1080, 352K)

Tetris 99

Very solid pic there.

Y the f@*k are you breathing?

Sekiro didn't change the formula. I'm so sick of hearing you retards regurgitate this nonsense.

>and delivered a vidya experience I haven't had since I was a kid
I honestly wonder how fucking old are you and what the fuck was your childhood.
I played Undertale and I liked it a lot but it felt nothing like the games I played on the old consoles (and I started playing games from NES).

I'll make a bold assumption that you're a memeing retard - one of those who is incapable of analyzing anything and just posts meaningless memes like "soul" and "comfy" instead.

You know cursing will get you banned, right?

Such restraint, he's censoring himself even though he said he wouldn't

So literally because you got BTFO'D? Got it

Never played Undertale, what makes it so great? It certainly doesn't look so interesting and I'm not talking about graphics, but I didn't really see a unique feature or anything that made me want to try it.

Play it & find out for yourself Faggot. It's literally just a darker version of Mother 3 except with Touhou style gameplay

You people are damaged in the head if you think The Witcher 3 isn't game of the generation

Here.

Valid.

Attached: IMG_1015.jpg (727x1024, 134K)

Persona 5 > Undertale > Botw > shit >>>>>> Cringy Highschool Play Automata

Literally just a RPG version of RDR2, except with a even less likeable protagonist & worse gameplay

There are good games. None are the BEST.

It has a pretty good story with a pretty interesting approach to telling it.
Also, the music is fairly good, and the combat is decent if you don't hate (easy) bullet-hell games.

You just like RPGs better.

nigga you like Persona 5 you have no business calling anything else "cringy highschool play"

based and bloodbornepilled

>Undertale tremendously surpassed my expectations and delivered a vidya experience I haven't had since I was a kid.

I kinda laugh and shake my head at people who say this. I figure they must be exaggerating. Nothing Undertale does is realistically impressive or original. At least not if you've actually played a lot of games in the years you've been alive.

I'm 24 and I've played more videogames than I can even remember.
I don't even remember what my first videogame was but the first things I played were a shitload of snes and dreamcast from being a poorfag, which is probably why I've emulated a lot of shit when I was a kid. This includes a lot of romhacks and point and click adventure games.

>incapable of analyzing anything and just posts meaningless memes like "soul" and "comfy" instead.
Undertale was literally the most soulful game in years

Attached: 1534461286595.jpg (612x612, 216K)

It has unique characters that most games are too afraid to include in our current times. Toby is breaking boundaries, making progress for gaming.

Had to be said.

Attached: IMG_1059.jpg (800x1131, 174K)

Nothing. It's just hyped by people easily impressed by meme humor and fourth wall breaking as well as a pretentious lolsodeep story.

It's a masterpiece because it was made with passion & soul, something of which nothing else in the last 8 years has done

>Undertale was literally the most soulful game in years
I don't think you got his point.

Attached: some anons thoughts.png (472x245, 41K)

Don't worry I definitely got his point.

Mario 1 is better

>Undertale was literally the most soulful game in years

I'm 27 and Undertale doesn't come close to being vaguely impressive from the games I've played over the years. I mean the dev himself seems to be way out of touch when it comes to why people enjoy video games.

Still baffles me why such a game got so damn popular. Must be the memes.

Things BotW did wrong:
-combat
-music
-interesting overworld content
-unmemorable sidequest and/or storylines

Yet people will still say "97" to feel like superior retards and ensure the next game won't improve.

Attached: 1495323213922.jpg (320x287, 81K)

>-interesting overworld content
Whoops. I meant "uninteresting overworld content"

Arms

>Unique
>A lazy guy
>A haughty but naive idiot
>A nerd
>A sheltered warrior
>A troubled king

Wow, you're right! We've totally never seen these charcater traits before, nope!

I'm talking about characters that don't necessarily conform to the pervasiveness of modern heteronormativity

What, have you not PLAYED a game in eight years? Have you been under a rock until after Undertale came out?

It's not really hard to beat a game that ends with a final boss you can't lose to. Am I supposed to feel accomplishment out of a gaming experience with no tension or risk? From an RPG no less? Seems cheap to me.

.....what the actual fuck are you talking about?

Persona 5 much like Nier Automata is very melodramatic, but what makes Nier Automata "highscool play" tier is how utterly pretentious is is.
Persona 5 doesn't have "muh adam and eve... the apple... *9S caresses himself with 2B's dismembered arm*".