I get that people hate the reboot but why are there actually people who unironically try to claim DMC 2 is better than...

I get that people hate the reboot but why are there actually people who unironically try to claim DMC 2 is better than DmC: Devil May Cry? Like, there's no fucking way in hell you can objectively say 2 is a better game, even if you hate the changes the reboot made. Saying 2 is a better game is like saying a piece of shit tastes better than chicken soup that's too spicy just because you hate the chef that made it.

And no, hating Tameem is not a reason to hate DmC.

Attached: dmc 2 dante.jpg (1920x1920, 2.46M)

They're both shit games, but DmC is a shit game which went out of its way to disrespect the franchise it spawned from, which makes it immeasurably worse. DMC2 is just a bit crap compared to the other installments in the series.

>DMC2 is just a bit crap
>just a bit crap

It was so bad super best friends didn't even do a full playthrough of it, that's how shit it was, even the reboot actually got a full playthrough from them

dmc 2 dante is sexier than dino so dmc 2 wins

>try to claim DMC 2 is better than DmC: Devil May Cry

because DMC2 didn't try to be intentionally offensive to DMC fans, unlike DmC which seemed like it had scenes just to spite DMC fans.

still doesn't make it a worse game, it had objectively better gameplay closer to dmc games than whatever 2 was, 2 was literally a third person shooter with dante slapped in

It all comes down to what has each game done for the series.
DMC2 actually added something to the series of substance while DmC didn't do shit.
DMC2 added multi aim with the guns.
DmC added people speaking during the style meter. How fucking revolutionary.

Bro let’s players not playing the game isn’t an argument but I’m not disagreeing with you. The definitive edition of DmC is pretty solid gameplay wise. It just shits the bed at literally everything else. DMC2 is just fucking awful

literally not an argument.

Intent is the difference, 2 is shit because it was slapped together in 4 months, DmC is shit because they wanted to spite the fanbase.

DMC2 is just incredibly tedious. All bosses didn't like you getting close to them and Guns did ridiculous damage.

DMC2 didn't want to turn out the way it did, it just didn't have the time and budget
DmC was completely intentional, so for some DmC seems like a game to be more offended by
But you are right, DmC as a game is better than DMC2

Attached: 1535408097328.png (1386x610, 1.25M)

DmC also added slow mo kill cams, doppelganger for Vergil and that cool deflect animation Vergil uses when you shoot at him

also the dark urban setting

It's like comparing dogshit to horseshit, who the fuck cares, neither is worthwhile.

4 months holy fuck, its better than I thought then

So dumb shit nobody asked for or noticed.

DMC fans have no desire to appreciate anything about DmC. It's more enjoyable than 2, but they'll never admit that.

I still don't get the marketing direction for DmC. Who thought it was a good idea to outright insult the fanbase like that while making a reboot?

>chicken soup
>spicy

What the fuck is wrong with your taste

mental illness.

not him, but I love making any savory food spicy.

>hating Tameem is not a reason to hate DmC
Except it absolutely is. Self-inserting should never be a thing, ever.
That game is still not as bad as DMC2 though.

Attached: 9lxz9.jpg (608x358, 60K)

This

I'd argue dmc 2 is better because dante had a cool outfit and good animations, also Lucia>>>>>>>Kat

>Never had Korean soups.
What a pleb.

>It was so bad super best friends didn't even do a full playthrough of it
How the fuck is that a metric for quality and why are you retarded enough to know and mention it?

I highly doubt they "wanted" to spite the fan base. Sure, a few bad jokes and quips were thrown in that were attempts at references but that's fucking retarded

>food analogies

Attached: E63FB1E8-DEAF-4ABF-801B-BCB7ECF42B35.jpg (902x1024, 125K)

>"I don't care what fans think" Tameem
>"Not in a million years"
Fuck off idiot.

Stated after the game was widely considered awful. I find it hard to believe the game was built on that idea.

Especially considering it was said by a petty prick who can't admit when he's wrong.

>DmC also added slow mo kill cams
Nothing of value
>doppelganger for Vergi
Should've made another Agni and Rudra (or at least something similar) boss instead
>also the dark urban setting
DmC doesn't have """dark""" urban settings
And they don't resemble each other at all

dmc2 is actually challenging on the hardest difficulty, has bosses that feel like they belong in a DMC game instead of god of war or zelda, runs at 60 FPS and has a lock on button

DmC has none of these things

>also the dark urban setting
this is something that originated in DMC2 you fucking brainlet, the entire game is demon filled Rio de Janeiro and the visuals in DMC5 are very similiar (and not at all like DmC's super colorful red and blue contrast everywhere)

The last scene of the credits is the guy who plays Dante giving the finger to the audience.

I think that kind of spiraled out of control after the initial frosty reception.

Overall DmC is a better game but almost killed the series. DMC2 is hot garbage but at least it introduced shit that 3 took and made god-tier. The only thing DmC brought to the table were some minor aesthetic touches.

>but they'll never admit that.
DMC fan here, I had more fun in DmC (the definitive edition) than DMC2 I even beat it in Dante Must Die, are you happy now?
And let's be honest here DmC didn't bring alot of good things, but the DE did (must style)

There's an argument to be made that base DmC is worse, DE is much better though.

DMC2 gave us the bloody palace, if nothing else

>dmc2 is actually challenging on the hardest difficulty, has bosses that feel like they belong in a DMC game

I call bullshit, I doubt dmd mode would make that much difference in dmc 2

t.Tameem

Attached: g5bwyj7bntr11.jpg (422x461, 21K)

play it yourself and find out. the game is still easy to exploit but the enemies get a lot more aggressive on DMD and actually put up a bit of a fight, especially given how much recovery most stuff has

A 15 year old edgelord trapped in a grown man's body

DMC 2 is more than just BIT crap I'm afraid, but I agree with you.
DMC 2 has good moments/aspects which surpass DmC by far.

Attached: dd.png (833x707, 910K)

DMC2 was shit but introduced several great new ideas and mechanics to the franchise, many of which still appear today. DmC actively regressed in almost everything except visuals of a specific manner.