The best game of all time

The best game of all time

Attached: morrowind.jpg (1024x768, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

labofabyll.com/others/2019-03-20_Masterfile.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not video games

Good taste

Outward gives me morrowind feels

I picked this game up recently and played it for a good while and it was absolute dogshit, even worse than new vegas. I won't let Yea Forums recommend me betheshit again

git gud

Be honest with yourself, it fucking sucks. Oblivion is the peak of the series. Incredible balance of the RPG mechanics of Morrowind but not excessive enough to be confusing, and the art design has aged gracefully

>become hortator of all the houses

Aaand dropped. Most boring fetch quest in any game ever.

>and the art design has aged gracefully
oblivitards are delusional

Attached: Goodfellas Laugh.jpg (620x375, 280K)

>Bethesdrone telling me to git gud

I'm not the guy who thinks the best RPG ever made is shit.
So your opinion is worse than a so called "bethesdrone"

Can´t disagree.

Attached: 1486519107987.jpg (1920x1080, 524K)

Bethesda games were always complete garbage

>Incredible balance of the RPG mechanics of Morrowind but not excessive enough to be confusing, and the art design has aged gracefully

Attached: Oblivion.jpg (520x649, 95K)

>Incredible balance of the RPG mechanics
>Oblivion

Attached: Yamasaki.jpg (240x250, 6K)

Perfect

Yes, you retard. There's a difference between the art design and the actual technical assets

literally video games

Any one of you fair individuals have some loose Skooma?

Attached: caius cosades.png (600x1000, 1.13M)

not a video game, keep your diceroll simulators on their board

Is this some new meme

By the standards of Skyrim and Fallout 4, Oblivions balance is miles ahead, I wouldn't call it incredible though.

>Oblivions balance is miles ahead
>bandits in ebony armor
>the best strategy for builds is to be UNDERleveled

This fucks me off, luckily static mods such as OOO fix it

It's an out of season April Fool's joke

Guys for real, I've played for 100 hours total in 2 attempts and every time I get to the point where I get a daedric weapon I come to realization the whole fucking game is just doing literal worthless quests and chugging potions. I guess I just don't get satisfaction out of being so powerful that nothing matters.

Attached: 1553087728168.jpg (640x646, 45K)

>he doesn't know you can skip that
Fucking n'wah

That's every Elder Scrolls game

Attached: 20190407201532_1.jpg (1024x768, 122K)

Best city of all time. ESO does it justice too

Mournhold. City of light. City of magic.

is openmw fully playable? every time I try to play the original with like 2 mods i keep getting crashies

Yeah it is

Yes

yes, 100% playable and not a single crash or glitch in 30 hours for me

only thing missing is shadows

Nah.

Attached: 1554765681605.jpg (3002x2996, 1.59M)

Not in nightly builds

whats your favourite weapon, Yea Forums ?

Attached: 528378234.png (500x398, 99K)

Hopesfire
Dawnguard
Gold brand

Skyrim bandits aren't any better. Their ebony armour just looks like leather.

Bound longbow w/ gass arrows that smith in Ebonheart restocks.

Finally playing it. I’ve tried before but couldn’t make it 2 hours, but now I’m at cruising altitude with with it. I’m enjoying it quite a bit, but how can I power level my long blade skill? Or are trainers the only way to go?

Yeah trainers is fastest

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the game was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I clicked for an attack, the game instead "rolled a dice".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time I missed. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Todd's mind is so governed by cliches and dead mechanics that he has no other style of game design. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Morrowind by the same David Brevik. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Morrowind at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play Diablo." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Morrowind" you are, in fact, trained to play Diablo.

Attached: 20180123211640_1.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

Diablo is a really good game as well.

Attached: 20180121022124_1.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

games made after 1999 are not allowed on /vr/

Damn, that sun looks gorgeous.

Attached: 20190407202122_1.jpg (1024x768, 104K)

What's a fun build or character to RP as?

Attached: herd u like mods.jpg (2560x1600, 540K)

have sex

A ridiculously racist Dunmer mage that finds new and creative ways to kill filthy lizards and cats.

Is that supposed to be Balmora? Yikes.

It might be Suran.

thot u liked mods user

Attached: 1291912363_preview_4.jpg (2560x1600, 1.31M)

>trees

Attached: super-vomit-vector-clipart_gg70028754.jpg (188x194, 11K)

no that's balmora you can see the temple in the back and thats the tavern with the bad people in in right behind the silt strider rider

I enjoy playing Morrowind. I enjoy OpenMW even more.

>tried to get my friend to play coop with me
>he refuses to read anything and just runs around
>has no idea what the quest is about or what we are doing
>asks me what is happening
>tell him to read

and we never played again

why

Attached: Why+every+time+i+see+this+i+cry++_8209b1abf0a21ea60a0fb07f293e88e5.png (634x476, 64K)

dont be friends with retards

I do, but...
Yeah.
It's like putting saguaro cacti in Bruma or some shit.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend being mentally challenged.

Slow quiet RPGs aren't exactly a good fit for raucous multiplayer. I had the same problem with trying to play Divinity OS 2.

>Start Morrowind
>*Tap + player-> setluck 100*
Now you are playing a perfect RPG, instead of a dice rolling simulator.

The SAME friend and I tried that and we had the SAME problem

>refuses to read
>clicks past story
>runs around

god just fucking kill me now I just want to play comfy RPG games with my (1) one friend where we are both stoic heroes

Attached: nas1.jpg (431x600, 60K)

I just don't think the genre is well suited to it. You don't go hang out with your friend and then spend the whole time at his place quietly reading lord of the rings, you know?

I prefer playing at night.

Attached: Morrowind Vivec.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

You are right user. A man can dream can't he...

Attached: 822.jpg (440x310, 32K)

Is this an actual screen? Looks really, really bad desu. Not because it's low res, but it doesn't even look like a human body. Are his upper arms supposed to look like they're melting or something? 1/10 desu.

caius cosades is literally my gym inspiration, shut the fuck up

I never gave that guy the letter. Im missing something of worth?

you're not wrong, I've always believed Oblivion should have been used as a platform for the really ambitious mod projects like Tamriel Rebuilt, since it's more accessible than Morrowind, but not as dumbed down as Skyrim. Unfortunately we never got a 64bit of the exe, and there was never an attempt by fans to recreate the engine (like openMW) so the modding community either stuck with Morrowind or moved on to Skyrim Special Edition (See the Beyond Syrim project) its a pity

The bodies are all supposed to look ripped, but with that giant drop from the ribs to the stomach area, it looked like everyone was starving or something.

Attached: IE7yRE2.jpg (462x406, 27K)

You can play it from start to finish but the engine itself is unfinished, lots of optimization issues that currently have no-one working on them, it still has a load of bugs but It's actually more stable than Beth Morrowind in spite of this, and it's still lacking support for features that you can get by modding Beth Morrowind, I think the only features it has that really trump Beth Morrowind is support for navmeshes and multiplayer support. Multiplayer support at current point is not part of the main project, you need to download TES3MP to enable that.

Dumb nigger incarnate..

there is nothing dumb about my post, Oblivion was more fun to play than Morrowind and had a lot of features that unfortunately were removed in Skyrim such as Classes, Acrobatics and Spellmaking, it's the perfect balance

Oblivion has better stealth and combat, but Morrowind's magic is way better.

Yet you're completely ignoring the core issues with Oblivion which aren't things that really can be changed, things like the shite tier lore and worldbuilding, the shite tier world scale, and the implementation of VA, Morrowind can side step all of this shit because it's biggest flaws are things that can be changed without anywhere near the amount of work and redoing of the esm/bsa files

Elder scrolls games are great til about half way through the main quest. I don't understand how anyone can play past that point.

More like Oblivion

>miss miss miss combat

Nope

>not appreciating the ideal dunmer form
go get gains from a saltrice kwama egg diet and train your acrobatics, n'wah

Attached: 1554656270056.png (900x900, 499K)

>inb4 the paid mod supporter, Trainwiz shits up the thread.

kek looks like Joaquin Phoenix in the Joker trailer

Paid mods aren't that bad, Bethesda just handle them extremely poorly.

My Character can:
>Fly indefinitely
>Teleport
>Rain death from above
>Murder anything in 1 hit
>And anything around it, for that matter
>move at blistering speed
>never miss a hit

There is not a single other rpg videogame that offers that kind of freedom. Not even other elder scrolls games.
Morrowind is one of a kind.

Minecraft

Minecraft isn't an rpg though

of those problems you mentioned I think that VA is the biggest issue. removing the textbox was a huge mistake.
But the rest can be fixed.
Morrowind's dice roll combat and horrible animations and lack of mounts can't be fixed. the cities look dead with people just standing there while in Oblivion they walk from place to place following a routine

It would have been cool if people had created more ambitious mods for it, but like I said, the engine was never upgraded, so we're stuck with Tamriel Rebuilt and Beyond Skyrim

>of those problems you mentioned I think that VA is the biggest issue
>the lore and world building in tesiv is good
>Morrowind's dice roll combat and horrible animations and lack of mounts can't be fixed
>can't be fixed
>can literally be fixed with mods right now and doesn't require an engine redo to fix any of this shit
This has to be bait, I refuse to believe that there is someone this retarded.

Balmora, home..

Attached: balmora.jpg (720x540, 51K)

the lore and worldbuilding was fine, did you play shivering isles? What about Jyggalag, the embodiment of duality between order and chaos? And all those awesome quests? You even go into a dream at one point... while Morrowind is just fetch quests
as far as those fixes you mention, last time I played Morrowind was 2009, I did try some combat fixes but none were particularly satisfying

Shivering isles is just one part of the TESIV lore/world, the rest is shit, you can't use a self contained location to somehow make the claim that the complete and utter rape of Cyrodillic culture including the complete removal of distinctions between Niben and Colovian cultures is somehow fine, the game at it's very core is complete shit, things like quests are layered onto the already heavily flawed base game, and do not support your base idea that Oblivion is the better game to build off of, that is an objectively wrong argument, since quests are not as hard to change as things like the entire world that the quests are built on top of.
combat overhauls suck for Morrowind but really I guess you are too dumb to understand the points here.

At it's core Morrowind is objectively the best game to build a full Tamriel from, it has the best base game in terms of lore and world building, and these things are much harder to change than the things layered on top of them, and it doesn't have retarded shit standing in it's way like the voice acting, things like quests, mounts and combat are far easier to change because changing them doesn't require you to completely change the world that they are layered on top of. But on top of this there has been actual work into upgrading TESIII, there are multiple province mods with fully complete locations that are available to play right now, as well as an open source engine that is building itself up to combat the actual issues plaguing Morrowind, things like combat included, there's a mod that's being worked on right now that adds in climbing, and has a combat system that allows players to strike individual body parts of enemies in combat.
But that's beside the point, Morrowind is the best for building on top of because it's base is actually a good place to build off of unlike Oblivion.

labofabyll.com/others/2019-03-20_Masterfile.png

>look up modern mods/setup
>20 third party programs
>99999 individual textures to download
>have to clean mods

its just not worth it anymore