By disrupting Steam's kingly reign, the Epic Games Store is fixing the PC games market...

By disrupting Steam's kingly reign, the Epic Games Store is fixing the PC games market...at least that's what an ex-Valve dev says.

Valve has enjoyed monopolistic hold over PC gaming for a long time now. But now Epic Games is using its Fortnite billions to challenge Steam where it hurts most: its pocketbook. Armed with the might of an established launcher used by millions of Fortnite gamers, tons of cash, and an engine the powers lots of big AAA games, Epic created a storefront that lets devs keep 88% of all revenues of games sold on the store, compared to Steam's 70%. This split is creating real competition, says ex-Valve dev Richard Gledreich, and some of gaming's biggest titles are jumping to the Epic Store with exclusivity deals as a result.

Gledreich, who worked on the inside lines and saw Steam's earnings behind the curtain, says the store was basically stifling PC gaming and holding it back.

"Steam was killing PC gaming. It was a 30% tax on an entire industry. It was unsustainable. You have no idea how profitable Steam was for Valve. It was a virtual printing press. It distorted the entire company. Epic is fixing this for all gamers," the dev said on Twitter.

By claiming exclusives and winning over developers and publishers, the Epic Store is fostering change, Gledreich says. Before now Steam ruled everything and everyone had to pay the 30% "tax" to sell their games on the store.

"Also, Epic has done something new for the gamer community. They took a stagnant marketplace (PC gaming) and reinvigorated it with real competition. They are investing hundreds of millions (billions?) into PC gaming."

Attached: epix.jpg (802x618, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nwd56K7rp7A
mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,190072/
youtube.com/watch?v=xYBUYJqSMDo
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTcxNTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is just the beginning. The PC Game Store Wars are just revving up. D*scord's new PC gaming storefront has an even better revenue split than Epic's--it lets devs keep 90% of all sales--and should further disrupt Steam's strong hold on the market. These three opposing forces should offer a kind of continuous system of checks and balances; when one store messes up, the other one should take the opportunity to swoop in and bring change, forcing the others to adapt or become obsolete.

"Gamers believe that the PC is somehow special and immune to market dynamics and market forces. It's not. It's been defacto monopolized by a single greedy storefront for a long time and gamers grew used to it," Gleidreich continued. "Change was inevitable. Even if EGS fails something else will pop up." The PC gaming community is quite frustrated over Epic's exclusive deals. Big games like Borderlands 3, Metro: Exodus, The Division 2, and even Remedy's new IP Control are skipping Steam for up to a year. This chase won't stop any time soon. It's really the only reason anyone will buy from the store, and Epic knows it. The furor is further inflamed by the Epic Store's current awful setup. The store still doesn't have a shopping cart or other basic features, and it's quite awkward, wonky, and just so barebones. Even Gledreich acknowledges the store's problems: "EGS is currently shit but it'll get better."

well
he's right

>ex valve employee
no conflict of interest or bias at all

at this point I'd take literally any store that's not streaming anyway

>chinese man supporting chinese botnet
breaking news, tranny niggerfaggot

>disgruntled employee
Yes, valid opinion

>Richard Gledreich
Such a Chinese name.

Any time someone argues in favor of a corporation, I automatically discard them as a disgusting shill and I wish nothing but bad things upon them. You aren't exempt steam, but for now I hate epic even more. I'm sick of all the bootlicking.

Fuck Steam and fuck Gabe.

The argument falls apart when you realize that publishers don't need to use Steam in the first place.
If the 30% cut is so unsustainable, then why isn't every publisher selling its games directly on their website?

>B-b-but nobody will buy the games on the Epic store! Everyone will just pirate them in protest and the game will flop!

OH NO NO NO AHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1533677976429.jpg (1089x742, 233K)

>Tencent owns shares in Epic, Ubisoft, and partially owns Discord
>Somehow, all of these stores are helping to make choice and not just seeking to establish their own monopoly, with one company behind the curtains owning the majority share.

Nah, absolutely fuck this company that gives even less of a shit about its customers than any other. If 10c comes out on top, it will spell the end of gaming, full stop, as they tighten their hold and control over the market.

Right now, big devs don't care because they're improving their revenue, but wait until Tencent starts throwing its weight around and see how things go. Even worse, Epic's take on indie games is to simply cull all but what's certainly to sell, or in the case of Phoenix Point, take things that have been funded by kickstarter. At the same time, these stores champion themselves as heroes for game devs, when in reality, it's only the publisher that benefits, simply pulling higher profits, which can be noted in any quarterly report they put out.

YAAANG GAAAAANG

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I'd say Epic most likely has a hand in inflating sales numbers to "prove" to publishers it's viable to release on their platform. If they can't manage to show that releasing on the EGS isn't a net loss, no one will use it.

Yeah man I'm sure everyone at Epic was so confident that some coffee making game called "Satisfactory" would sell.

> Olympic runner defeats 5-year-old self in footrace

Still no actual numbers released. So that article means nothing.

Fuck you. It's because of people like you that we can no longer take a fact and debate what it means, because you people have started dismissing everything that doesn't agree with your preconceptions.

>literally chang
kek

fuck off Ching Swiney

>"You should believe Epic blindly; numbers are for faggots!"
You're as much of a cretin as him.

Exactly. Companies are NEVER lying

I'm sorry, I suppose we should take everything at face value. I'm sure no one would post misleading content on the internet.

Attached: Yang Truckers.png (854x3019, 1.19M)

There are no meaningful facts available. Just taglines wrapped in marketing-speak and weasel words.

When you choose not to believe hard numbers directly from the source, you've gone into tinfoil hat land.

He's right. They used a game that only sold 60K copies in launch week to justify itself. They counted all the physical copies they bait and switched too. They also only picked that game from the pack after all the deals they signed. This is gonna fuck them in the ass when the games they bought end up being mediocre or crap since thats all it takes to get people to not touch it after the exclusivity.

Attached: 20190404_135831.jpg (720x1280, 255K)

>hard numbers
>article doesn't mention how many copies were actually sold
hmmm

Eh, it's the exact same thing that happened to consoles 30 years ago when Sega challenged Nintendo.

One only has to wonder if PC gaming is doomed to repeat all the mistakes console market made too.

youtube.com/watch?v=nwd56K7rp7A

>not just seeking to establish their own monopoly
>Epic
Wow

Based.

Yeah because big companies out for profit are oh so honest with its investors

Attached: D22JjUhWsAACsvN.jpg_large.jpg (2048x1152, 156K)

I'm not saying the numbers are wrong. I'm saying the owner of the storefornt has a reason to ensure those numbers reported are high, have the ability to inflate sales, and thus can manipulate opinion that way. It's exceptionally costly to do so, but then again, having one of the first publishers tell everyone how great it is is nearly worth any price, if you're planning on promoting your store.

This will only be something that can be somewhat noticed down the line, when sales figures fail to meet this continuing trend.

I don't get why it's so hard for retards to understand that while competition IS good, Epic is not good competition.

>Creating a fuckhuge market that promotes even the smallest of games, rebuilt the PC market from basically the ground up, pays to convince games to not be exclusive to a store, and allows the dev/publisher to freely sell their game however they want elsewhere is destroying PC gaming because it warned them a lot of money

Attached: Biggest Nobody.jpg (236x229, 11K)

>Monopoly practices and exclusivity deals will help the industry
how about no

>It's exceptionally costly to do so,
Just to heckle is there any notion of what timed exclusive incentive was given? Or any industry guideline for the like is?

Because I imagine 7 figures could post these numbers.

Even worse, a Chinese Jew

Realistically speaking currently there's no real reason to buy off the EGS since it offers less to you overall. Even the games on it are not a benefit since it's all timed. If people were given the choice between the 2, nobody would touch EGS and it would die off. Even after Epic implements all the proper functions it would still die off since they have policys in place that prevent most indie devs from even selling on the platform plus their refusal to let the buyer say their piece since "lol muh review bombs"

Attached: epicsteamgames.jpg (1340x992, 300K)

Gee I wonder why Valve has a monopoly!

The guy in the OP picture is not Richard Geldreich, you idiot. It's presidential candidate Andrew Yang.

Didn't know Andrew Yang worked for Epic.

The David Hogg games are confirmed not to be coming to Steam at all.

Wasn't this that angry Valve employee who was just looking for justification for his views? Like everything he's spewed on Twitter even prior to EGS was just him being butthurt at Valve for whatever he could use. I imagine the EGS made him cream his pants. I guess the media only takes him seriously because of his past association.

Attached: jyr3PIy.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

This. If steams so bad then sell it off your own site.

Nobody is twisting your arm to use steam. Matter of fact if youre a poorfag indie dev they take a much smaller cut making this selling point pointless.

That sounds like the story of Sergei/SteamSpy guy.

but it's not the 88/12 split that's keeping publishers (and very few developers) on the epic store

it's the millions epic is paying these people for 1-year exclusivity

gledreich has actually spoken to indie developers before. he already knows this.

No it's not him.

Dick riding off of Steam preorders until just a couple of weeks before release and calling them Epic Store sales....pathetic.

>kike drumpf supporter trying to slander based yang's name.
cringe

Why am I not surprised?

Attached: 4e9.jpg (501x585, 42K)

He's not a candidate he's a hopeful

because they lose out on way more money overall since less people buy the game

>discord makes a lower cut
>signs 3 months exclusivity deals
>nobody gives a fuck
>kills its store 5 months later
>people still keep thinking that percent is what attracts devs

Attached: 1366030692720.jpg (500x356, 37K)

I think you need to learn what a fact is.

No one seems to know exactly. I would imagine for larger games, it's less an upfront payment for exclusivity and more a massively reduced cut. It could be anywhere from Epic taking only 8% of sales down to 3%. Epic has tweeted that not all 3rd party deals are profitable for them currently, with the insinuation that they won't always be that good and it's a temporary measure to break Steam's market share.

For smaller games, the minimum sales guarantee is probably the most attractive thing. The cut is smaller than Steam, and ensuring you sell X amount of copies means you can plan around getting Y amount of dollars from sales -- surefire cashflow is one of the most priceless things for any company no matter what they deal in, which is why it's such a tempting offer. It's also why Valve has countered with funding some smaller devs upfront in exchange for non-exclusivity, since they also understand risk management is at the forefront for any smaller publisher/dev's plan.

If you take Phoenix Point for example, ensuring, say, 100,000 sales at $50 a pop, even after the 12% is taken out, means $4.4 million can be planned for income. That's a lot of revenue for a small kickstarter dev, something that means you could fund your dev team for the next two years until your next release or expansion. And establishing yourself with your first game means you stand to make more on future releases through word of mouth and good reviews.

Metro is the same way. If, perhaps, Epic purchased several hundred thousand licenses for free advertising from what appears to be a neutral party, it would probably run them around $15-20 million -- far less than what most marketing departments would spend for lesser results.

>nobody gives a fuck
it's because they signed games no one gives a shit about, drones only came out the workshop when it was triple A games getting exclusive deals.

>Before now Steam ruled everything and everyone had to pay the 30% "tax" to sell their games on the store.
Just a reminder that 30% is the standard cut on any store.

That's not the point. There's people spewing that a lower cut somehow gets devs on board to sell the game there but you can see it's not true. This is a platform 10s of millions use daily.

Cool, how is any of this going to help me, the consumer?

yang=based
bernie=cringe
drump=oof

Userbase and publicity. If you sell only in your own site you have a chance of selling your product only to those who are already interested. With steam you can be noticed by 90 million potential buyers who probably didn't even know game exists.

He's just asspained because the last games he worked on bombed.
>BFV
>Anthem

>ex employee tries to publicly discredit his former employer
Why is this so common with game devs?

>go from one shitty project to another
Fucking kek, get fucked

Attached: QT.jpg (508x544, 76K)

Guy could've had a shitty experience unrelated to how they do business and just spew whatever and journalists will megaphone his shit out because of his title. Hell, you could be the guy they use to pick up the take out and still be an employee.

>Valve has enjoyed monopolistic hold over PC gaming for a long time now.

Attached: 1553810426184.png (1268x1186, 233K)

No Zoomer, Nintendo had a real monopoly and forced exclusivity deals on third part devs. Nintendo were absolute sharks in their prime. Steam does not pay bribes or force exclusivity contracts on third party devs for Steam exclusivity, and the likes of Metro wouldn't have been able to do their bait and switch at the last minute if they did. Steam is a fuckin store. Epic trying to shit up PC gaming with gay console tactics.

Apple makes the entire OS and App store, so the 30% is justified.

Google makes the OS and app store as well so 30% is also justified.

Valve just makes an app store, MS makes supports the OS (Windows) .. Valve is not entitled to 30% like the other companies.

If the 30% Steam took was that bad, anyone could make a store and offer a better deal. I don't know about the industry but I'd wager 30% is average for a online store like GoG. Epic can only afford a lower percentage because of Fortnite money, and that will not last forever.

WHERE ARE THE NUMBERS

>Epic store shilling started when Yang shilling started on /pol/
I wonder who could be behind this...

>there's two versions of the game
>redux sold way less than the original
>sales numbers are compared to the verson which sold less
>actual sales numbers never specified
You people are so fucking gullible and genuinely stupid.
It's a case of "Last light sold ~5 million copies but we'll compare our sales numbers to the Redux which sold like 50k copies, look guys, our sales numbers are higher than the last game by 2.5 times!!!!!"

Attached: 124899703059.jpg (640x352, 41K)

Nah.
He’s talking bollocks.
Drawing attention to the split like it means anything.
He mentions the dicksword split, but doesn’t explain why they’re not all there instead because he’d have to focus on the moneyhat, weakening epics appearance as a competitor.
Also, seeding phrases like “greedy” applied to steam, without acknowledging that avarice motivating the move to epic.

I’d be interested to know who this guy works for now and where his investments lie.
His motivation can’t just be a pr excersize for epic unless he’s really down on his luck.

If they released numbers we could.

All we’d be doing is debating a claim and deciding if we believe epic without evidence.

That's future Mr. President to you.

Funny how anytime you mention the (((Chinese))) on Yea Forums your posts get silenced

Timed exclusives.

Epic games sure are new at this. Most steam users buy games like this list - a year or so later when it is on sale.

Tell that to GoG and even discord had 30% before EGS showed up

Tiananmen Square is all you need bro

Remember to ignore chink bot shills

Attached: The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989.png (1544x2582, 1.3M)

Sounds like some malcontent nigger running his mouth to me is all.

All it takes to kill the store is stop buying from it and have patience. Tim knows the general consumer is impatient and apathetic and uses this to his advantage

Attached: Untitled_1.png (618x473, 48K)

Nice try rabbi.

Steam isn't going to lose the Epic battle. Most pc gamers are very patient. The only way Epic can really steal any revenue from Steam is to buy permanent exclusivity deals with gaming publishers, not "timed exclusives," of which pc gamers are known for: being patient till the sales, and having a great backlog of games to wait it out.

>free games
What free games? Like those people download for free and sail with skull flag?

They try to get people to build a library with them by giving free games every 2 weeks so people can justify spending money there.

>Chinks supporting Epic Store
COLOR. ME. SURPRISED.

>SJW pandering retard
>buying deals with shit games
>thinks he will make money from day 1 sales when the majority come from late discount sales
lol tim sweeney is a fucking retard. I hope he gets butt hole cancer

This. It's been over a decade for me without buying game for full price. Only because I don't have to since sales keep me supplied.

Because you're racist?

Not really, the way they become larger is by being chink garbage, but in this case even chink insect mindset probably won't save it.
Too many already on Steam because of pubg.

AAHOOOY

Attached: file.png (1920x1280, 3.01M)

I bet the roasties were behind this image.

This thread is bringing out a lot of racists who cannot read.

Yeah more nonsense from some wash out who wants attention, and gladly gets parroted by rebloggers
Oh the revisionism, history is unpredictable as they said in Soviet Union

>giving free games every 2 weeks
Well what the fuck. How is that good for industry? These guys are preaching as if they prevent some massive destruction of everything just by existing. Yet still they hand out free games? Haha good one except it isn't.

1 0 0 0
youtube.com/watch?v=xYBUYJqSMDo

That's not the American way. Giving away free stuff on regular basis. Haha good luck!

Well the free games are completely different games from the ones they sell in the store, and they're always years old games that already made all the money they were going to make.

>shitty game every 2 weeks
Now if they gave people their entire steam library transferred over for free on top of some real games they might win

>Richie Moneyrich
>The guy who worked on web code for valve for almost a year
>complaining that for some reason steam shouldn't adhere to industry standards
>claiming that a company that accounts for 18% of digital distribution sales, 13% if you include retail, has a monopoly
>claiming that a company that allowed enabled countless indie games to be sold, and got third worlders buying games, is killing the industry
>applauds the biggest criticism of consoles, exclusivity, and says it is saving PC gaming
>claims the PC market which is as big and competitive as it has ever been is stagnant and can only be fixed with monopolies on sale
>thinks money made from exclusivity deals will not go to publishers
Literally who appears in Tencent's time of need to help them in their struggle to shill their garbage.

Attached: source.gif (720x480, 2.29M)

You can't be racist against chinks lol.

>David Hogg games
The who what now?

Because steam doesn't deserve that money because it offers nothing in return, oh wait it drastically lowered the publishing costs in the first place

We desperately needed another thread about this

>The guy who worked on web code
Lmfao what? The guy is an OpenGL guru and was brought in when Valve made their Linux push to help with porting their games over.

And then of course, once that project was completed, he was fired. As is Valve tradition.

Who needs facts when we have say so of Sweeney right?

Well yeah, but they can't say that, otherwise it would blow their "Steam is greedy" tagline up in their face. If it was really just about the cut, Discord and itch.io would have put Steam out of business years ago.

>The guy is an OpenGL guru and was brought in when Valve made their Linux push to help with porting their games over.

Hmmm, lets see...
>Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
>Portal 2
>Alien Swarm
>Left 4 Dead 2
Its ok, just try again.

Attached: doubt.png (680x337, 125K)

i work in AAA gaming and this is big news. The 30% Steam tax was a big hindrance for a long time. Steam originally justified it by saying that traditional retailers would charge that much, and they had a point. But you can't honestly expect to charge developers that much as everyone is going digital. Something had to give, and Epic is going to make things more interesting.

>"Steam was killing PC gaming. It was a 30% tax on an entire industry. It was unsustainable. You have no idea how profitable Steam was for Valve. It was a virtual printing press. It distorted the entire company. Epic is fixing this for all gamers," the dev said on Twitter.

True considering they release fuckall any fucking video games with the excuse of, hurr hurr inside fihting or some stupid fucking excuse.

Good luck getting hired in the future

That's literally a picture of Andrew Yang, fuck you retards. He also wants to ban circumcision

Oh some faggot who says who "deserves" what

David Hogg games like Heavy Rain, Detroit, Juno, etc.

>Ex-Valve employee
>taking his word at face value

lol

I bet you believe Sony's PS4 sales numbers, too.

Oh, can I start denying those? The Sonyboys have been pretty smug about that. I didn't know they were actually faked.

Discount sales bad for devs!
Free games good!

It's the other way around. Redux sold millions, but Epic is only comparing to the original release of Last Light

Saying shit about Chinese people isn't racist if it's all true.

What's the weather like in Beijing?

Look at what this PHD has to say about one of the other top 3 Chinese companies.

Attached: do the right thing.png (821x943, 64K)

David Cage, you dumbfuck.

>David Cage
>games

I don't really see the problem with EPIC, aren't they only timed exclusives anyways?

lol says ex gook valve worker

Are shills revved up due to the fact they are losing share of the narrative or is it because they are trying to control the narrative at the source?
I still subscribe to meme waterfall with Yea Forums being higher up in the hierarchy, but it could be bias
Also, if you want to see it in action, make nonpartisan critiques (writing style, slang, use of images) of those pro-Epic and see how little you get noticed because you are outside of their script

Attached: 1520099715290.png (576x768, 538K)

............./´¯/)......................................(\¯`\
............/...//.........................................\\...\
........../....//............TENCENT...............\\ ..\
...../´¯/..../´¯\........................................./¯`\....\¯`\
.././.. /..../..../. |_...EPIC STORE. |..\....\....\...\.\
(.(....(....(..../.) ..)..........................(...(.\....).....)...).)
.\................\/.../.............................\...\/................./
..\.................../................................\..................../
...\.................(.................................)................../

Based

Based Yang, BTFOing Fatty Newell

Attached: BBE1E9EB-DA7D-4D6A-9D95-D2ED028F24BA.jpg (714x603, 73K)

no shills its just memeing friend

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTcxNTM

Shut the fuck up mutt

Is it bad that I didn't realize that this was Yang because Asians look so similar to me?

Shut the fuck up larping faggot.
AAA devs work for hire or for wage, steam cut has fucking zero impact on them.
Go fuck yourself stupid nigger

So when are mods going to stop banning videogame threads and start banning spam and porn threads?

Attached: 1520859606.jpg (900x900, 53K)

>Heavy Rain
> Detroit: Become Human
>Beyond: Two Souls
Sorry, it's "timed exclusives." Nice try, rice fucker. I'll be adding these games to my steam collection a year later on sale.

>Ex-employee says rival is better
Woah, this is newsworthy!

A company spending lods of emone on one of their own products (perhaps a movie) to prove to other business they are in business discussions (perhaps over a giant merger) with that their company is a good investment? PREPOSTEROUS!
I for one am in agreement with this enlightened fellow.

Attached: 35922548_1547321615715500_r.jpg (1200x799, 253K)

Oh.

Who's David Hogg then?

Notice how all the Epic shills ignored this post.

>"this is for the gamers"
>It actually is only good for devs because they get payed off by chink money
>the savings are not passed down to gamers

I saw the KH image and immediately assumed the poster had nothing worthwhile to say.

>just pretending to be retarded

>David Hogg
The guy who capitalized on his classmate's death and got into Harvard even though he has nigger tier IQ because he pleaded for the gubment to take the guns away from whypipo

What does that have to do with video games?

What do 90% of threads on Yea Forums have to do with videogames right now punkass?

Personally, I believe this ex employee who was fired and is unemployed did not receive any monetary compensation for these declarations that are being reproduced and spammed everywhere.

Nothing. You're the one who brought up David Hogg

Because he made Heavy Rain, didn't he?

Fuck YOU, user

facts aren't real anymore until proven otherwise. You can thank the fake news for that.

What kind of retarded bait is this? It's already been pointed out that was David Cage

bro, the advertisers...

lucky enough for me EGS doesn't have anything i really want or can't wait until way later to play, i definitely don't see tim trying to money hat any fighting games on the EGS

When both sides are debating if science is real or not then nothing anybody says can be taken seriously.

Bullshit, David Cage is the guy from Mortal Kombat.

Attached: 1552220783984.jpg (586x858, 114K)

Frankly most of the "exclusive" games are singleplayer that I would have pirated even if they were on Steam so it doesn't really change anything for me.

cliffy b made mortal kombat you faggot

or people would run their own shop with humble

>monopolistic
why does nobody know what this word actually means

I can't believe that in less than a decade it had become so mainstream to hate Israel that counterculture is now being blamed for not being mainstream. What the fuck is going on?

It's simple really making profit=monopoly. There should be no profit ever and all money should be given to me

hating israel have been mainstream for at least the last 30 years. Almost every pro israel resolution is only supported by israel, some meme countries that want money from the USA and the USA

This again?
>55% is the standard for physical distribution
>30% is the standard for digital distribution
>>STEAM IS KILLING THE INDUSTRY 30% IS TOO HIGH!

>70% of games use steam's support structure including servers and investment to prevent exclusivity
>Steam accounts for 18% of all PC sales
>>STEAM IS BLEEDING THE WHOLE INDUSTRY DRY!

>Part of Steam's support structure is dedicated to the ease with which a company can release a game on their store
>Even games from small operations that receive a substantial amount of support from Steam are not locked into exclusivity deals though that doesn't mean other store like Epic won't still reject them
>>STEAM KILLING INDIE DEVS!

>Many other retailers take lower margins, such as Discord's 10%
>These other Retailers do not require or pay for exclusivity deals
>>STEAM'S WHOLE BUSINESS MODEL IS UNSUSTAINABLE, EPIC IS SAVING THE INDUSTRY!

>Literally who the fuck is this?
>This is rather convenient timing considering each day is another failed attempt for Epic to dodge criticism and try to frame everything as being all about Steam.
>>MY NAME IS "DICK MONEYRICH" AND I AM DOING THIS OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF MY HEART!

>...
>...
>>ITS PURE COINCIDENCE!

Attached: Based Black Man.jpg (200x200, 21K)

It says 2.5x
But they never mention the real number

>hating israel have been mainstream for at least the last 30 years
Not for leftists

>Epic Store is fixing PC gaming, says Chinese dude
The Tiananmen Square Massacre of 1989.

That's wrong.

What exactly do consumers get out of Epic that they don't get out of Steam? In what way are Epic's exclusives a value to consumers in creating content that would otherwise not exist?

Based

Attached: 1553905651789.png (3600x2378, 1.72M)

Free games.

Show me mainstream media being anti israel before 9/11

I don't have that problem on consoles I could buy all the games on one platform :)

>ex-employee
This doesn't add credibility, it takes it away.

Epic pays for your copy, so you can pirate with a clean conscience.

Show me a ham sandwich.

That's Luke Cage brainlet

1. No one is forcing developers/publishers to sell their game through steam on PC, if they want to save up the 30%, then they can always sell their own game through their own website or through physical media (lol)
2. So why don't devs/publishers do this in the first place then? Because it's definitely worth it to lose out on 30% of your profits to gain access to Steam's userbase and the advertisement they get from selling their game through steam
3. It's also very likely that it will cost more than 30% of their profit if they self publish/advertise their own games, and also lose out on potential customers without access to steam's massive userbase
4. So at the end of the day, the 30% profit loss is balanced out by getting more sales and is likely a better profit margin than self publishing/advertising their games without steam.
5. 30% is also the industry standard when devs/publishers want to sell their games on consoles, so no, Valve isn't ripping anyone off.

Though with EGS, devs/publishers it's too early to see what kind of profit margin they can get by being exclusive to it, even for a few months. While it's nice that they get paid upfront for exclusivity, the long term sale might get hurt because of "Steam loyalists" refusing to buy PC games outside of Steam.

Obama and Clinton were obviously anti israel, but that was within the last 5-10 years. You said 30, and 9/11 wasn't 18 years ago. Show me something from at least 20 years ago from mainstream media or the established left being anti israel and I might take your post seriously.

>18% of pc sales
>like 13 if counting physical sales
>monopoly
???

Based and redpilled

Attached: 1518132460341.jpg (2259x580, 862K)

I found the second time so anyone can include the links to the other threads next time this is brought up in order demonstrate the epic shilling.

Attached: 1478819996959.jpg (720x720, 74K)

It should say "18% of all digital sales on PC", because if we are talking all PC sales then it is 13%. I mean you could talk about all PC sales but hey.

Sounds like someone is salty about being fired.

Critical thinking bad

no, FUCK YOU retard
it's because of retards like you that take warped statistics at face value that shock headlines work so well
NEVER in the history of gaming was it a fair comparison to take two completely separate games, of which one is newer and is riding the previous one's wave and say it sold more, retard

Epic is a shitty store and I'm never going to install it faggot

because the equate being the best option to being a monopoly

maybe if steam was as shitty as origin or uplay then people wouldn't say there's no competition

mr. xi we need to have a word

Attached: big_1490670345_image.jpg (1280x720, 33K)

This guy just says whatever he thinks will get him headlines.

>Says Valve reinvesting the money they made from Steam into GNU/Linux was a good move
Didn't get mainstream gaming media attention.

So now he trots out
>Valve is taxing devs, Epic is good competition
Despite the fact that directly contradicts his earlier point because
>Epic takes games that had Linux versions and locks them to Windows
>discouraging devs from considering issues of Linux game development

This at exactly the time when Linux needs to be getting users or we risk a much longer and more painful transition period after the Windows 7 End of Life early next year.

Half-Life 3 is never happening. Valve's putting all of their resources on their digital storefront now (and some multiplayer games).

I wish TF2 was one of those games.
>Heavy update never
>last chapter of the comic never

>release shit game
>it's poorly reviewed
>"E-EPIC'S GONNA BE THE STEAM KILLER!"
Just like TOR killed WoW, and Haze killed Halo, I'm sure if you keep saying so it'll come tru

I understand your pain. It had an excellent run though.

The only people who are bitter when they leave Valve are blue haired faggots and progressive cunts that don't like their libertarian culture that doesn't coddle them.

Attached: ahmed.png (286x288, 86K)

silence children, go back to your unoptimized censored garbage, the men are talking in this thread

>because it's in China
>it's more secure
Is this what Sinaboos actually believe?

>paid for and sponsored by Huawei
He knew exactly what he was writing.

>those comments on those articles
Why is is so easy to tell when a poster is a Chinese shill?

I constantly use epic store for the free games. Ask Me Anything.

how often do pajeets, ching changs and ivans try to get into your accounts

Its true though

that page clearly shows that he did not work on those games, he developed open source middleware that the games are using
you guys are retarded, as expected

Is it bad I thought this looked like Yang but second guessed myself for the same reason?

None yet.

Well you should have still been suspicious when you saw the name "Gledreich" with a picture of an Asian.

I just want Valve to update TF2.