Jesus christ Iga

Wtf is this shit?
youtube.com/watch?v=_VXQACZDm1g

After all this time this is the combat system you come up with? Why do you have only one attack with weapons, why not an actual moveset? Why no combos or any advanced mechanics? This is such a huge regression back to SOTN shit for fuck sakes.

This is how the combat should be in Bloodstained, take notes Iga:
youtu.be/GUPsMfiAA60?t=44

THAT is a combat system, not that garbage Bloodstained currently has. You better change that shit for the final release or this game will bomb hard.

Attached: bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night.jpg (1920x1080, 590K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GUPsMfiAA60?t=216
youtube.com/watch?v=e3X9O_ostvI
youtube.com/watch?v=GUPsMfiAA60
youtube.com/watch?v=smN5fB_ROO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let's get this out of the way.
What outfits do you want to see modded in?

Attached: 1528412918256.png (392x566, 176K)

>t. butthurt devil may cry baby

man that's even the worst of it
its actually censored now

Attached: 1521341792904.jpg (1122x1260, 189K)

No, more like someone who doesn't want to replay sotn for the umpteenth time. It's fucking 2019, do BETTER.

an outfit that turns her into Shanoa, because miriam is a shit design

>unironicaly linking markiplier

Did you play the betas? There were secret command attacks for a good bit of weapons.

Someone post the most recently available demo. I only played the original.

fuck markiplier, look at the COMBAT. It shits all over Bloodstained.

How many? Was there an actual combo system or just "you can stab with the spear or twirl it!"

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, OP

you couldn't be more wrong since all the backers are expecting sotn but a new map and that's what we are getting.

Combo systems are shit because you need enemies that stagger easily and don't attack much for it to function. I'd rather have enemies that are actually threatening..

You guys are getting fucking ripped off then, because it looks worse than sotn due to using shitty ass 3d instead of sprites. Least they could do is advance the combat beyond a game from the fucking mid 90s.

the top picture looks like complete shit. they're literally water balloons. get a fucking grip.

Attached: vr.png (855x470, 405K)

>ME ME, CATER TO ME! It's current year, do better (at catering to me!)

exactly i wanted just sotn or aria of sorrow 2.0 i dont want the evolution of the genre i want just sotn in HD ,if it were on my part i will be playing dark souls 9 with dark souls 2 engine in 2032 and wont give a fuck about graphics

Dishwasher Samurai enemies are way more trheatening than any metroidvania style enemies, they have actual movesets and unique attacks and better ai. They don't just march back and forth in one spot and do some canned attack as you shit on them. You can easily get fucked up in Dishwasher Samurai, you'd have to TRY to die in shit like sotn.

IIRC it was usually like one attack per certain weapon. Most were like the latter, a little special attack with more range. I remember her kick books being the equivalent of a fighting game sort of rekka special though. Expecting a full on combo system is bit much but not a bad idea.

They're pretty great despite being surreal

>exactly i wanted just sotn or aria of sorrow 2.0

Then emulate those games with upscaling and play those. Don't let Iga fuck this game up to feed your nostalgia.

The graphics are so fucking weird. What the hell did they do?

OMG IGA HIRE THIS MAN RIGHT NOW

fuck this game up to feed your nostalgia.
every backer wanted an igavania aka sotn 2.0 how is that fucking your game.. if every backer wanted that style of game ,and that "dont let" is way over the game is done and is going to ship this year dont expect anything other than sotn 2.0 because thats what it is nothing more nothing less

Yes i to agree that a spiritual sequel to Castlevania should not have Castlevania combat.

Attached: d2dh0amk.jpg (235x215, 15K)

They kept it at the same pace as the metroidvanias everyone played. Problem is it looks just a bit off in 2.5D. Kinda like when people bitch about her walk speed but it is on par with most SOTN+ paces.

>gains nipples and an actual breast shape
>censored
retard

You don't know wtf you want, you THINK you want sotn 2.0, but you'll get bored of it real fast. With an actual combat system the game will be way better and you'll be less bored of it. SOTN 2.0 means the game will just be piss easy garbage, and you'll likely outlevel and overpower all the enemies and kill the bosses almost instantly, making the game not fun at all.

>cease this at once zangetsu

Attached: zangetsu.png (945x720, 500K)

Castlevania "combat" fucking sucks. So yeah, it shouldn't actually.

Then he can just play the hard or nightmare mode if that becomes a problem.

Yeah "don't get hit ever" sure is a fun mode. How about a real combat system so the game won't need retarded modes like that slapped on?

Found the shitter who couldn't git gud

why the fuck is a vampire hunter using a goddamn katana?

Crying about Castlvania combat is like crying that dark souls doesn't have devil may cry combat.
Its never bean about cool combos but more about proper moment.
Hollow night has no combos and simple and its boss figths are way more memorable than any Stylish combat 2d game.
Imagine if i demanded a game you liked had its combat replaced by combat from another game i like.

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 79K)

That hit sound and blood is so satisfying. Shame about the backgrounds and lighting, they are still garbage.

Oh well, day one purchase from me anyway. The 2D game was good.

There are no vampire hunters in Bloodstained because there are no actual vampires in it.
Its mostly alchemy and homonculusses or daemons.

Attached: 1553966026211.jpg (749x780, 114K)

>Hollow Knight has more memorable boss fights than Viewtiful Joe

You are either 15 or retarded.

Looks great. Probably one of the few games I'm actually looking forward to aside from Streets of Rage 4.

the thumbnail looks like a rock band game kek

>why not an actual moveset?
fuck off devil may cuck boy

>talking about The Dishwasher
Wow didn't think I'd see the day it would be brought up here

You probably need to just go find some other game that suits your needs then. This game seems to be hitting it for people that were interested. You just sound like what is describing.

Fuck off Mark

>git gud at castlevania
>the games so easy you can cheese bosses in their intros and kill them

Come on now.

Focus on single attacks (especially if they have windup and recovery animations that can't be canceled) is always better than wonky combo shit.

>fuck markiplier, look at the COMBAT.
It's fucking shit

UH WAIT A SECOND
IS THAT MOTHERFUCKING DAVID HAYTER?

>Hollow night has no combos and simple and its boss figths are way more memorable than any Stylish combat 2d game.

Hollow Knight isn't as good as Dishwasher Samurai Vampire Smile.

>about to post argument
>realize that I'm tired of discussing bad vibes with anons here
>stop typing and restart list
I hope I can make Miriam fully blonde. My only gripe with her is her hair color

Attached: 1554781309675.jpg (1200x642, 66K)

>Focus on single attacks (especially if they have windup and recovery animations that can't be canceled) is always better than wonky combo shit.

Objectively wrong. You sound like the kind of person who prefers vanilla ice cream over ben and jerry's crazy flavors.

This
>I know they sold this as basically a SoTN remake but they should change everything up

SOTN's one flaw was the gameplay, so why not fix that?

is it really that hard to do sprites? I mean if every indie game can do it on a shoestring budget why cant a kickstarted game do it?

Attached: 1541201900795.jpg (462x429, 25K)

>they're literally water balloons
>monster is made of water
Really activates my almonds.

The gameplay was great you spaz, not everyone likes your favorite type of gameplay.

Sometimes I wonder if this why there is so much titty discussion instead of real vidya talk. People froth too hard around here. That and I love saving big titties and THICC asses.

Laziness. They also lied, the initial concepts shown were sprites.

Attached: bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night_concept_1.jpg (1920x1080, 457K)

>muh cuhrayze
Focusing on fundamentals is always better than adding fluff for "style"

>gameplay was great
>each weapon has only one, maybe 2 attacks, no combos
>no juggles, launchers, or advanced techniques
>shield rod combo obliterates all enemies easily
>can easily outlevel enemies and use items and spells that allow you to instakill bosses

The gameplay was trash. It controlled well but the actual mechanics were garbo, kid.

It's concept art, not "this is a promise of exactly what the finished product will look like" art. I hope you get just as angry when you see character concept art from other games and they look completely different from the final product.

>still not aware that Iga was a fraud from the start and that he never made SOTN

But Dishwasher does focus on fundamentals, and adds MORE. You're like someone who orders vanilla ice cream then says "no sprinkles, I want only the fundamentals".

I do actually, ever see concept art in league of legends? Always looks better than the final product. Game companies love to lie to gamers with "concept arts".

I love how this hack Iga makes a demon by just taking a generic anime waifu design and slapping rape horse on the lower half from berserk.

Attached: Gremory_-_01.jpg (639x792, 101K)

I wonder how active the nun will be in the game.
Will she just be an on-the-side merchant like the characters in OoE?

Attached: 1554176002053.png (988x1065, 628K)

Zangetsu is literally a shitty ripoff of Vergil holy shit

>it has no mechanics from this completely unrelated series of games
>thus, it is trash

The "mechanics" of sotn are fundamentally FLAWED. Why are you defending badly designed gameplay?

is this game gonna be open world like the other castlevanias? cuz I hate open world games

Looks like a good h-game. That character shading is really stupid

>good h-game

ie. it looks like shit lol

>Linking Markiplier

I don’t give a fuck what argument you are trying to make as it has been invalidated by your tremendous faggotry.

Attached: AC494B57-F64C-425A-A440-3A13186E7B1C.gif (500x288, 1.54M)

>not enjoying creepypastas read by Markiplier

You don't know wtf you're missing

>zangetsu

Don't you mean Yhwach?

youtu.be/GUPsMfiAA60?t=216

the gameplay rocks, quit using the guy playing it as a strawman

>open world

You mean Metroidvania. Open world implies freedom to go anywhere where this game will likely have some clear stopgaps that require certain key items in order to continue progression.

Also if you're not a fan of Metroidvania, I recommend trying one of the many classicvania games as those are more straight-forward action platformers with lots of challenge.

>Zangetsu has Omnia Vanitas
Holy fuck that's great, hope he has it in his playable mode as well.

but that is open world, I can't go anywhere I want in skyrim without leveling or getting certain items first

Pretty much

Mark's not too bad, but there's no way other gameplay videos didn't come up first.

>Why do you have only one attack with weapons
>Why not an actual moveset
>Why no combos or any advanced mechanics

>Yea Forums praises another game that does the same with an arguably boring setting
>This game only lets you attack once
>No other weapon just upgrades to the one weapon
>Your only other bonus that helps you is dashing

Wonder what game I'm talking about.

Attached: hollowknight-1280-1529623462572_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Forget the combat, why does it look like fucking mat_fullbright 1?

wtf is mat fullbright 1

If you didn't want to play sotn for the umpteenth time, why did you back bloodstained: the game for people who want to play sotn for the umpteenth time?

I didn't back it, I dont waste money on kikestarter scam shit

3D games are the big thing nowadays, which means artists who want to get in the industry will learn how to work in 3D, which means more games get made in 3D, which means artists who want to get into the industry will learn how to work in 3D, which means etc etc etc

It's a terrible feedback loop. If you want quality 2D sprites in this day and age you either pray that you get your hands on a god-tier artist who can also animate at extreme speeds, or you hire an animation studio.

OK so why are you here making a fuss about it? There are some great crazy action games out right now that seem more your style of game, why not just play those? Or you can always make your own game and show everyone up

Attached: 1521524018465.png (418x771, 254K)

UH SEKIRO

>This game only lets you attack once
>Your only other bonus that helps you is dashing
Want to know how I know you didn't play it?

Because you watched a different Let's Play.

>It's not DMC or Bayonetta so it's trash
Okay

Why does the boss seem so passive he's missing one or two moves. Also the animations look really slow and clunky. The game should be sped up 20%

>make your own game
>implying the average man has the resources, time, and money to create a video game

LOL

>what are nail arts
>what is parrying
>what are the other spells
There are more dynamics than you're giving credit to

>implying I consider Bayonetta to be good

Bayonetta is a joke and got trounced by both DMC and Ninja Gaiden. Kamiya is a hack. God Hand sucks too.

Okay so instead I should have just typed
>It's not DMC or Ninja Gaiden so it's trash

This guy is making his own cyberpunk dmc game all by himself, why can't you? There's no excuse.

youtube.com/watch?v=e3X9O_ostvI

No just
>It's not Ninja Gaiden so it's trash

So the point's still the same. You just want to play a different game

But Ninja Gaiden IS trash, and got beasted on by DMC.

Nah I'm not him. I backed and am very much looking forward to Bloodstained.

DMC hasn't been good since the original. The only NG games that any DMC can beat are vanilla 3 and Yaiba.

>DMC hasn't been good since the original
It's okay to be wrong, but you need to admit you're wrong first

dmc 5 and dmc 3 are the best dmc games buddy

>Mark's not too bad,
Judging from OP's video alone he is a fake overacting faggot. That shit is unwatchable.

>DMC hasn't been good since the original.

Hi Kamiya. Block any insects today? How's Failyonetta 3 coming along?

Dishwasher, and everythign else by that studio besides, was fucking trash.

>having personality means you're a fake overacting faggot

good one

3 is overrated garbage and only circlejerked because it looked great in comparison to 2.

Unfortunately Kamiya hasn't made a great game since DMC. W101 fags can get fucked.

>dishwasher was trash

More like you sucked at it, GIT GUD

Are they on the Moon?

Guess i'll bite your bait OP

Why do you need movesets? While I prefer them not having them doesn't automatically mean the combat is going to be dogshit.
>Why no combos or any advanced mechanics?
Why are they vital inclusions? Again these would be nice but this doesn't automatically mean the game is going to be awful.

That being said I'm still cautiously optimistic after all this time and the fact that there's been almost nothing good coming out of kickstarter campaigns and the actual idea of kickstarter shit and Patreon is retarded.

because they add more variety to gameplay and allow you to be more creative, also they force developers to make more challenging enemies, as is they're gonna be sotn style enemies meaning they'll have like 1 or 2 attacks and that's it. And you'll just plow through them once you get a bs weapon or outlevel them. They need to remove the level system and add real action combat.

Goddamny Hayter sounds terrible these days.

>Combos
Fuck you, in a single player game it would mean that the enemies would become a ragdoll as soon as they got hit and would stop fighting back. Staggering enemies over and over does not work well in platformer games, it was tried, didn't work.

It works fine in Dishwasher Samurai and the enemies DO fight back

awesome and looks way more fun than shitstained

>he keeps posting it

Attached: d5a7b0a2759174a15b5b7deed454d32bc7240128.png (598x667, 267K)

OK know another game with better combat than bloodstained? This:

>this entire thread has mostly just been one guy continuously posting a shitty e-celeb's video on a game that barely anyone played
That studio makes some cool games but come on now, at least use better bait.

He needs images of cute girls is what he needs.

Attached: Shanoa.jpg (907x966, 83K)

Why is he messing with her face, that's rude as hell

He wants to see her smile, but she keeps insisting on getting more tattoos.
I bet the next one is going over her womb.

Attached: 44321641_p0.jpg (785x870, 310K)

What is going with this trend of random autist stealing ideas from japanese then selling it to zoomers?
Stardey Valley, Undertale,Hollow knight,etc.
Meanwhile Harvest Moon, Mother and Castlevania are literal dead because bad sales and their western reskins are selling millions.

The reskins want $20 whereas the originals want $40-60.

the so called reskins do actual advancements in gameplay

meanwhile bloodstained is sotn with the same shit gameplay too

>concept art
>concept mockup
>subject to change
Really makes you think

youtube.com/watch?v=smN5fB_ROO0 markiplier is BASED

Not sure I'd call it an actual parry. I've tried getting hit while parrying. Unsure if it's because I stand to close

All those companies that changed gaming, lost their artistic legacy which earned with year of self-sacrifice to furries with kickstarter money...

And there it is, the ass pain of “muh 2d”
Go play hollow knight then, stop bitching about a game that doesn’t interest you

why would they make another bloodstained game I passed it and never thought about it again the game is just forgetable

>posts the same link 4 times in the same thread
Calm down autist

>sotn has shit gameplay
ohhh and now the truth comes out.
go ahead and tell them how you feel. zoom like you've never zoomed before.

bloodstaine dlooks like shit, 3d models on a 2d plane looks like SHIT

>the so called reskins do actual advancements in gameplay
Stardew Valley's gameplay is on tier with the 64 HM, Undertale's gameplay is simpler than fucking NES Final Fantasy, and Hollow Knight has far less complexity than pretty much any of the DS metroidvanias, let alone Order of Ecclesia.

Bleach sure was awful.

Take it back!

I’m glad you capitalised the word shit, it really shows that opinion is valid

>responding to every single reply in the topic
yeah you sure are an epic troll, definitely doesn't come off as pathetic or anthing

I think the reason the game looks so funky is because its 16:9 instead of 4:3. When you think of SOTN the camera never really pans out as far as it does for Bloodstained. So the camera is pretty zoomed in on Alucard and you see so little of the level especially horizontally that everything looks normal.

Thats one of the new games main problem (besides being ugly 3d)

Attached: jpeg.jpg (1592x1778, 414K)

Sprites are hard work all the way through
3D models are only hard work up front
You're also downplaying just how much work there is to be done on a castlevania game compared to other sprite based games
Do you realize how long it takes to fully sprite a game like Aria of Sorrow?

Are you actually retarded? Do you know what genre this is?
>Why do you have only one attack with weapons, why not an actual moveset
Ok you are retarded