Being an Assist Trophy in Smash kills your franchise

This is something I've never noticed until now and something people barely bring up, but being an AT in Smash could seriously kill off your series.

Don't believe me? Look at all the assist trophies from Brawl that are not from series with a playable character, most of these characters got one more game (two for Excitebike) after the release of Brawl, and didn't get anything afterwards. Even Little Mac, who is now playable hasn't had a new game in a decade.

Normally I would say that it's a coincidence, but the fact that most of these died within a few years from each other and in the same console generation really raises some flags. Animal Crossing is the only series that keeps getting games today.

I'm not surprised if they stopped making Dillon's Rolling Western games after Ultimate.

Attached: 1552058078411.jpg (685x599, 71K)

>Only Smash dictates which video game series ever mattered and which ones live or die
Did Smash ruined the general public's prespective on video game history?
Fucking Tetris isn't in, is it dead and irrelevant?

It's not Smash's fault that these series aren't really notable or relevent enough to warrant playable characters in Smash.

And Sakurai has the gall to say he's doing the fans a service.
That fucker is literally the grim reaper.

Attached: 1415308829394.png (1280x720, 1012K)

Name one franchise that's an assist trophy that died after the latest smash released.

Yet captain falcon was?

>Jam with the Band
>Devil's World
>Sin and Punishment
>Drill Dozer
>Kururin
>Excitebike
>Franchises

>Warioware
>Punch Out
>Starfy
>Mario
>Zelda
>Nintendogs
>Metroid
>Animal Crossing
>Star Fox
>dead after Brawl came out

Attached: 1535672393198.png (485x443, 221K)

oh no, i can't believe waluigi won't be in the next mario kart

like shut the fuck up

Read dumbasses
> From a series that doesn't have a playable rep

Yes, Miyamoto developed F-Zero & the original was considered the best Racing game of all time behind Gran Turismo

That, and F-Zero X literally came out a year before Smash 64 was released. F-Zero was plenty relevent during that time.

Why did they cut saki again?

Just wasn't a high priority to bring back I guess

Same reason Isaac, Jill, Barbara, etc were cut from Smash 4

Nobody voted for him.

But fucking Devil was?

Golden Sun being dead is still baffeling, Dark Dawn was not that good, but it still managed to sell many copies.

Hell, it sold more than Xenoblade, yet, that series is still alive and Shulk gets to be in Smash.

>F-Zero has had nothing for 14 years despite Falcon being a perfect attendee
>Nobody wanted to touch Ice Climber for 18 years despite Melee
>Duck Hunt doesn't have a future either
>Kid Icarus Uprising only exists because Sakurai started designing ideas for a shooter game after he was done with Brawl, needed a protagonist for it, and thought Pit would work. If he didn't pick Pit, his series wouldn't have gotten a new game.
>Fire Emblem may have had it's localization inspired by Melee, but it's actual big hit (Awakening) wasn't until 12 years after Melee, and 5 years after Brawl

>Smash fucks still try to push the idea that Smash kills/revives

Attached: god.jpg (1242x1000, 113K)

Well, he’s not relevant anymore and he’s a shell of what his series actually is. People these days only remember him for smash and smash memes.

I fail to see the logic in this, doesn't it make more people to want to buy the games of these characters if they are featured in Smash?

Like, if you saw Starfy as an assist, wouldn't you want to learn more about the character and the games and buy them?

Yeah but he's a veteran and already grandfathered into the series, no point to cutting him

Correlations doesn't mean causation. They are assist trophies because they aren't popular enough to be playable characters. They are from smaller nintendo ips that didn't get as popular as the other nintendo flagship ips or smaller character from the flagship ips.

Then what would be bad about adding in “literal whos” if falcon is just a literal who with “he was in the first game” privileges

Literal whos is basicaly means "I don't like this character, so it's a bad choice". Nobody calls Banjo a literal who despite not having a game in over a decade.

Eh, good point, it just irritates me a lot how much people try to use the whole “side characters and literal whos” argument. I like falcon, I was kind of being rude. Sorry. It feels like people actively try to guilt others if they want a character for smash.

I probably did that with falcon a bit. I’m sorry. I’m probably a bit of a hypocrite.

By the way, these are both me, I was just finishing what I had to say. I’m just making this post in case anyone thinks I’m samefagging.

Welp, threads dead

you can also be like Kid Icarus and Punch Out where your series gets a cool new game after a long absence, and then you get nothing again for several more years