Valve gathers huge amounts of data about virtually everything you do with the Steam client

Valve gathers huge amounts of data about virtually everything you do with the Steam client.

Discuss.

Attached: Steam Good.jpg (676x470, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata
mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,190072/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/4zzhjo522wq21 2.jpg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't care I just don't like exclusivity

It's OK when Valve does it

>they gather info on what you do with their tool

Oh word? People are calling Epic spyware because it gathers tons of info on what you do with OTHER programs.

is that "former employee" again?

>Client collects data about the client itself and how you interact with it

Whats wrong with that? Its not scouring your computer like some other clients...

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to be more informed.

>worked
so
got fired, eh?

ok, so why does Steam gathering data about itself justify Epic gathering data about Steam and your PC without your permission?

thread

Attached: 1430976441080.gif (331x197, 1.71M)

Nothing I didn't already know.

All this shittalking EGS about being spyware stems from Chinks nearly having control over Epic, not from EGS doing something that Steam supposedly doesn't.

Tiananmen Square 1989 Free Tibet Hong Kong Winnie The Pooh

Attached: bang bang.jpg (358x429, 51K)

>I can't provide any actual proof or details of how they do it but you should just take my word and switch now because I said so.

It's like he doesn't even understand why these Spyware stories made traction in the first place.

so someone know i only play hentai so what?

No one actually cares whether epic is spyware or not, they just don't want to have to use another launcher because they're invested in Steam.

>Geldreich

The question is whether or not Steam digs through EGS's files, because we know for sure that EGS looks through Steam's and a bunch of other shit.

>Steam gathers info on things you do with THEIR CLIENT
>Epic gathers info on things you do with OTHER CLIENTS
REAL SHIT?

Almost all proprietary software is spyware. Are the people sperging about epic really too dumb to understand that?

Steam literally doesn't do anything like EGS does aside from the opt-in(!) hardware scan.

>steam collects data about steam
woah......... I wouldve never though

Attached: 1507033348879.gif (500x348, 478K)

>epic pulls ex-valve employee out of the trash to deflect everything they did back onto valve
Epic. Truely epic.

>Company that owns client gets user info related to the client
Fucking shocker really. I don't give five flying fucks what info they take about their own product tbqh, it's when it takes other data that I get suspicious.

Attached: 1554175260724.jpg (507x507, 39K)

Were you this mad about Uplay, Microsoft Store, Battle.net, Origins?

When complying with GDPR they added a function that lets you see all data they have collected on you.
Does EGS have such a feature?

Nope. I find it inconvenient, but those are the property owners. I should've specified contractual exclusivity.

Is the complete freakout over Origin not part of your script, or are you just that new?

Link for anyone interested, by the way.
help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata

Attached: 1552906757454.jpg (750x563, 32K)

FREE TIBET WINNIE THE POOH UNIT 731 DID NOTHING WRONG NANKING BEST DAY OF MY LIFE HAHAHA

/thread, everyone can go home now

>Ubisoft
>EA
>Blizzavision
Not him, but I didn't care about those for two reasons. First is because the games are shit anyway so who the fuck cares. The second is that they aren't being massive faggots by putting a magnifying glass up to their chink dick, showing it off, and annoy the fuck out of everyone left and right.

did the chinks get hold of your family user?

i hope they get raped you fag.

>This kills the epic shill

Your lack of common sense is disturbing.
All of those stores are owned by the same developers that make the games. I don't care if Fortnite and Unreal are only on the Epic store. It's that they're paying 3rd parties.

That's rich when Valve actually cares about GDPR unlike Epic "scrapes your steam data for its shareholders" Games.

>Does EGS have such a feature?
Nope, trust me I checked and looked.

The nice part about GDPR it even effected people within the NA region.

Steam has been up front with what data they collect and even how it is used.
Even Gabe Newell came out to tell how Vac collects browser data and how if it detects any cheats being used.

>Steam collect data about what you don the Steam client
>doesn't collect local files
>doesn't do anything beyond that

I highly doubt it

Attached: info2.jpg (540x960, 87K)

>yet no one calls Steam spyware.
But everyone does.

Any eurofags working on filing a suit against Epic for GDPR violations? Would be neat to watch this shit blow up.

you gave your permission in the terms of service you didnt read

If Origin had anything worth downloading.

epic gathers huge amounts of data about your steam client.
discuss.

he looks creepy as fuck

It's kind of like how Steam has DRM but for 95% of people who use it or even care about it, it's so uninvassive and inconsequential that nobody gives a fuck.

doesnt hold up in court.

You can go home now
OP got btfo

Why is "former employee" in bullshit quotes? Are you disputing whether he worked for Valve or not?

>it gathers tons of info on what you do with OTHER programs
Such as?

Ask him why he was fired from Valve and he'll probably block you.

Was it because gamers hate Chinese people?

>FREE TIBET
When you try to be edgy but end up spouting lefty propaganda

>steam gathers data about what you do on steam
Wow...

>forced hardware survey
rofl @ u chink shills

your friends on steam, for example.

>no one calls steam spyware
Com'on you should avoid making any absolute statements

>beleive me
uh...no

Nigga I don’t use Epic for that specific reason

>steam gathers data on what you do on steam
>epic gathers data on what you do on steam

Insects cannot understabd the difference.

>Yet no one calls Steam spyware
How do these people manage to put on shoes in the morning

Attached: 1549659997693.jpg (638x633, 32K)

Retard

Attached: yzso.jpg (640x662, 99K)

he was probably one of the shartifact devs kek

Yes, whats wrong with that?

>company that makes sales gather sale data of their own sales to better plan their business

>company spies on someone's else sales data to plan their business

why chinks can't understand the difference? This is why everything including your milk is counterfeit

Isn't this the fucker who ended up working on shitty games like BFV and Anthem? Sounds like he has a bone to pick with valve because his most recent work bombed

mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,190072/

An American company taking data about American consumers vs A Chinese company taking data about American customers.

>look at profile
>formerly worked all these companies
>I-I HAVE AN OPINION!

I'm pretty sure he was fired.

ummm excuse me sweaty, they apologized for that so it's ok!!
>Epic boss Tim Sweeney acknowledged that the Epic launcher should only access the localconfig.vdf from Steam after the user has opted to import their Steam friends list, not before.
>"The current implementation is a remnant left over from our rush to implement social features in the early days of Fortnite. It's actually my fault for pushing the launcher team to support it super quickly and then identifying that we had to change it," he wrote. "Since this issue came to the forefront we're going to fix it."

I agree with you but you type like a fucking autistic retard. Stfu and kill yourself.

大跃进政策The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人权Human Rights 民运Democratization 自由Freedom 独立Independence 多党制Multi-party system 台湾台湾Taiwan Formosa 中华民国Republic of China 西藏土伯特唐古特Tibet 达赖喇嘛Dalai Lama 法轮功Falun Dafa 新疆维吾尔自治区The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 诺贝尔和平奖Nobel Peace Prize 刘暁波Liu Xiaobo 民主言论思想反共反革命抗议运动骚乱暴乱骚扰扰乱抗暴平

压制 统一 监视 镇压 迫害 侵略 掠夺 破坏 拷问 屠杀 活摘器官 诱拐 买卖人口 游进 走私 毒品 卖淫 春画 赌博 六合彩 天安门 天安门 法轮功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 刘晓波动态网自由门

just a coincidence

>steam gathers data about what you do with steam
>spyware
>epic gathers data about everything it can possibly reach, not just concerning itself
>not spyware

No shit, that's why they picked him out of the trash and are shining a spotlight on him.

Why would something like that
bother you user? Are you sure
you're not the one with the
autism?

Attached: 33d7.jpg (576x499, 54K)

>with the steam client

So literally nothing is at risk. Because the only info they got is what games I bought.

Wow, can't believe this chinkshill. Doesn't he know that Reddit has confirmed that the Epic Store spies on your PC?

I mean, c'mon. Reddit confirming something is as good as scientific evidence. Did you guys not see how many upvotes that one thread had? Clearly EGS is spyware.

I forgot steam is US exclusive

no shti, retard

Leave it to consolefags to miss the point.

Attached: 4zzhjo522wq21.jpg (640x640, 164K)

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/4zzhjo522wq21 2.jpg/

Now you can't hate chinks? What are you, a fucking racist?

I don't understand why the Epic shills try so hard when all they ever end up doing is make me associate EGS with their autistic bleating as well make other anons post insanely damning shit about EGS to shut them up.
I can't be the only one, so really what's the point of constantly making a fool of yourself?

>(((geldreich)))

>Steam collects data about Steam client
>Nobody bats an eye

>Epic store collects data about Steam client
>Everybody go insane
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Attached: 1551394965395.gif (320x240, 130K)

>Steam collects data on how Steam is used

Woah...

Why did this get deleted?

Epic shills BTFO AF

I trust gaben, he would never lie to me just like todd howard.

tpbp

>PRO-CONSUMER BAD
>ANTI-CONSUMER GOOD

Attached: 1554299350654.png (210x240, 13K)

/thread.

your doing god's work

Valve is shit, Epic is also shit, but slightly less shitty.

Steam has turned into Facebook with video games. It is cancerous shit unlike the Epic store.

Never trust someone who says "believe me" in a sentence that doesn't end in a question mark.

FIRST POST BEST POST OP BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

They also keeps logs of everything you say in chat.

Steam has a chat?

>Steam has turned into Facebook with video games
lol what?

I think you've mixed up your transcripts somewhere there bud.

It's not even wrong to call EGS spyware. The fact is that everything is spyware and we somehow became completely comfortable with the idea of every piece of software on your PC/phone spying on us as long as it's relatively out-of-sight.
Don't believe anyone arguing against EGS being spyware because they are objectively wrong. It doesn't make it okay for Epic to do it just because some other fags are doing it. If they wanted to give people a reason to switch, they could consider not being spyware.

Do you think you're funny?

>make a shitty text text text lefty style meme
>empty post it into every thread you can

Friendly reminder to only support the most publisher-friendly stores!

>If they wanted to give people a reason to switch, they could consider not being spyware.
but that would benefit the customer and epic hates doing that

Nothing special about it. Literally every website do that. Even Yea Forums right now.

>Friendly reminder to only support the most publisher-friendly/anti-consumer stores!
fix'd