Persona 4 is way better then Persona 5

Persona 4 is way better then Persona 5.

Attached: 1FA470A7-CEF1-494F-8794-AD7A5C90B242.png (372x776, 153K)

Persona 4 and 5 are pretty much the same game

Well, duh. 5 is just a shitty cosplay of 4.

I mean, I'll respect your opinion but I still enjoyed P5 more.

Attached: image.png (500x512, 272K)

I don't think so, Tim.

yikes!

Attached: personatiers.png (1459x455, 229K)

5 had better gameplay, 4 had better meme characters.

Persona 4 is legitimately underrated now. Ever since P5 came out people think it’s cool to shit on it now.

Yes it is. At least Yu doesn't look like a 15 yo brit.

Attached: 1500245231557.gif (300x168, 1.18M)

Never one, without the other

Attached: D90E314A-B329-498E-AE29-68F8168978D3.jpg (254x198, 6K)

3>5>4

>that zoomer who pretends to have played p2is/ep and thinks p5 is in the same league

Yes.

5 only has better gameplay if you think casualized is good

>that actual zoomer who thinks the series "started at 3"

I don't think you can complain about casualized gameplay in Persona

>that zoomer who pretends to have played p2is/ep and doesn't realise they have sleep inducing gameplay and are easily the worst games in the series because of it

Nah

4 is the most casualized of them all with how stripped down everything is compared to even 3, let alone the other games. More options doesn't necessarily make it bad because MegaTen as a whole is normally good about giving the enemies just as many options.

4 is easily the worst of the Persona games, not counting the non-canon shit ones from before 3.

Yeah you

Yu's weird puppet mouth in PQ art always bothered me so much

Megaten as a whole is casual. Doesnt mean p5 isn't the most casualized piece of shit ever made

5 tries to hit the same light-hearted tone but the characters aren't as fun or likable and the group's whole dynamic is pretty shit

>that zoomer who doesnt realise he's literally talking about P5

I see casual is losing all meaning now too, like so many other good, useful words before it.

Don't move the goalposts user, anyone who has played IS knows it's the easiest and most casual game in the series by far, you're just trying to move the conversation away from that because you haven't actually played it.

Nope that's 5. But of course a P5babby would ignore objective truth.
>More options doesn't necessarily make it bad because MegaTen as a whole is normally good about giving the enemies just as many options
This is the spicy bait I ever seen. Let me guess you think Megaten let alone P5 is hard right? Adding so many little "quality of life" features that it guts all difficulty and strategy doesn't make a good game

Attached: 1554770111466.png (306x347, 226K)

2 IS > Power Gap > 3 > 4 > 5 > Shit > 2 EP > 1 PSP

If you think Megaten is hard you are literally a casual. No way around this.

I fixed it.

Attached: 1554846187501.png (1459x455, 248K)

Hmm... no.

nope. cope with the fact that p2 and p5 are the patrician's persona games.

Ironic. Considering the guy who puts p5 in the same slot as is/ep enough its vastly inferior story wise and can't even compete with EP on gameplay

no, it was right the first time, zoomer.

I wanna see you beat Demifiend in DDS then faggot

t. hasn't play p2 and pretends p5 is like smt
lol you are pathetic

>and can't even compete with EP on gameplay
>spam fusion spells to win is somehow good gameplay

I too miss the strategy of having to constantly back out of a fusion until I get the skill I want.

>He still thinks persona 4 and Persona 5 were peak Persona

Attached: 1554664314380.jpg (480x360, 26K)

P5 is a bad game. Always will be

It's not a case of "quality of life" features you mong. Casual means fewer options because it means fewer things that casual players need to think about. Vanilla 4 is objectively by any measure the single most casual MegaTen game of all time.

There's a reason the red star/sleep strategy is so effective. One "hard" optional boss doesn't make a game hard

P3>P5>P4>P2>P1

t. zoomer weeb who refuses to play the first 3 because "no dating sim mechanics". You're a fucking joke to the fanbase.

People refuse to play those games because they're awful, not because they have no waifu to date. Why would I play garbage like Persona 1 when I could just play Strange Journey or literally any other 90s PS1 JRPG that plays far better?

Based persona 4 chad

This is why no one should listen to P2faggots.

Not even possible.
>p5babby ignoring his shitty ruin time management
>p5 babby ignoring the persona balance is completely fucked up
>p5 babby ignoring merciless mode 3x damage modifier
>p5 babby ignoring all the broken social links like the star
>p5 babby ignoring the addition of baton pass
>p5 babby ignoring the shitty sneak mechanic that bypasses all random encounter
>p5 babby ignoring money drops at your feet
>p5 babby ignoring the game has no resource management
>p5 babby ignoring that the buff timer stacks
Yikes

How do you know how well they played compared to other ps1 jrpgs if you never actually played them? See your contradiction there? Also there are remakes on the psp that improve it for casuals such as yourself. There is literally no excuse.

Most of those aren't actual problems or are things that other games did worse, you're literally scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to complain about because you've never actually played a Persona game and are only complaining about 5 because it's reasonably popular.

Who the fuck cares how they play compared to PS1 jrpgs? The point is it plays awful in comparison with modern games.

It actually is you fucking. P5 is objectively by all measurements the most casual game ever made. Even 3/4 death is possible in hard due to the enemies usinf higher level abilities on lower floors/dungeons. 5 doesn't even get to mid-tier skills till the third dungeon. You can even freely teleport from and to shit while 4 has actual resource management and requires a item.

>"how do you know it's shit when you haven't played it even though you can make a reasonable assumption based on the opinions of those who actually have?"
>"if you don't like this shitty game you're a casual!"

Ignore the P2fag. They know their game is the worst in the Persona franchise, they just want a reaction out of you.

>literally no argument
P5babbies are fucking pathetic. Imagine liking the wish Megaten game ever made and pretending it's good.

If you played other Shin Megami Tenseis you would instantly notice how big those flaws are. Don't act like you are on par with the core fanbase.

The real list is accepting all Personas are good in their own ways.
You people are worse than the Fire Emblem fanbase desu.

Attached: junpei.png (600x450, 477K)

In terms of characters and story, then yeah. Persona 5 does everything else better though.

>"this game sucks because of [thing that literally is not a problem at all]!"
>"but that's not a problem"
>"FUCKING GAMEFAG HOW FUCKING DARE YOU"

You have literally never played a single MegaTen game in your life and are pretending to act cool on the Internet.

Because you gave the comparison yourself, dipshit. Or do you have the memory of a goldfish?

The fact that you keep backpedaling and moving the goalpost makes me think you never even touched a ps1 jrpg.

Says the person accusing others of never playing Persona 5

I mean this is Yea Forums so the likelihood of anyone in this thread actually playing a single Atlus game ever is about 5%.

>the game sucks because poorly designed, here's some reasons why
>NOOOOOOO THAT DOESN'T COUNT P5 ISN'T CASUALIZED GARBAGE IT'S THE ONLY MEGATEN I PLAYED STOP INSULTING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The state of P5babbies. Try defending the shitty combat that makes 3/4 look like a masterpiece. Or the awful dungeon with them all being all linear and horizontally designed, mostly consisting of corridors. Madarame has the painting gimmick which is just a visual effect for two rooms and the tired "pick the right path" warp room cliche. Kaneshiro has you go up a floor to take a down elevator and the rest of it is a linear ass path. Okumura's is nothing but corridors with a few cute transitions to make it feel more dynamic. Sae is yet more corridors with gimmick rooms planted at each end. Shido is literally two decently designed ship rooms and the same couple of corridors copy-pasted over and over again, also a pool. Or the final dungeon and don't even get started on that piece of shit.

Attached: 1554746275370.jpg (960x711, 43K)

Are there any more subtle references to P3 in P4?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.22M)

I cant do that because IS is garbage

>P5 is objectively by all measurements the most casual game ever made.
p5 isn't even the most casual jrpg of the past decade. that would be ffxv, aka "hold o to win: the movie."

1-4 is good. P5 shits on the series name and attracted the biggest fucking cockroaches who defend how blatant terrible it is.

>complains about the combat when it's 95% the same as 3 and 4
>complains about the dungeons being corridors when 3 and 4 are literally just RNG corridors
So you admit you never actually played 3 and 4, awesome.

>People refuse to play those games because they're awful
no, zoomers think they're awful because they're parroting e-celebs. and e-celebs think they're awful because they aren't gary stu simulators with a cast full of beta orbiters kissing their self-insert mc's ass at all times. they're the same people who complain that p5 doesn't have as many lighthearted slice-of-life filler events as p4 did, completely missing the point of what megaten games are supposed to be like.

>complains about the combat when it's 95% the same as 3 and 4
It's 4 but casualized you fucking retard. How dumb are you. That's why it's shit
>it's okay for the dungeons in p3/p4 to be shit
>b-but not p5, you aren't allowed to shit on bad games
Pathetic. Give a proper reply or just fully accept p5 is complete shit.

No e-celebs have played persona 1/2, all they do is ignore it

>completely missing the point of what megaten games are supposed to be like.
Yeah they are supposed to be good. P5 wasn't

Nice try you delusional P5fag. P5 is all style no substance. Story is shit. More importantly, the pacing is all fucked up, one moment you're waiting a month for Futaba to wake up, another month you're literally locked out of anything for story reasons. Characters are garbage with a few exceptions like Sojiro. Makoto literally kills the team dynamic. Faggot can should've died at the end of Kamoshida palace
Gameplay is TRASH. Random encounters are 95% all outs. Even if element resistant enemies are present, it's just a crit into all out or Baton pass to -> Physical AOE spam. Guns are trash outside of maybe Haru and Joker's specials. Bosses are nothing interesting to speak about as well. Exploration is incredibly samey, puzzles are primitive, interesting environment hazards stop existing after the second dungeon. Entire dungeons are puke worthy like space port. Don't get me started about the Mementos, a fucking Compile Hearts game puts more effort into their content.

Attached: 1554444810792.gif (701x720, 288K)

>It's 4 but casualized
You still have no clue what that word means and are just throwing around buzzwords because you don't have an argument.

>Give a proper reply
Give a proper argument first dipshit.

>Story is shit.
story runs circles around 4's glorified scooby-doo plotline.
>More importantly, the pacing is all fucked up
pacing is easily better than 3, which is a glacial borefest for 90% of the game.
>Characters are garbage with a few exceptions like Sojiro.
characters are much better than 4's, but still pale in comparison to 2's.
>Gameplay is TRASH.
gameplay is automatically better than 3's just by virtue of controlling your other party members like a normal jrpg instead of a shitty gimmick.
>Exploration is incredibly samey
nothing is more "samey" than tartarus, arguably the worst dungeon in any jrpg.

>still no argument
P5babbies are fucking pathetic. Multiple objective points attacking a shit game and you refuse acknowledge. It's literally P4, with new features to make it piss easy so even the most braindead of retards like you can enjoy. It's 4 but casualized. Come with a proper argument. Or just kill yourself. There needs to be less p5babbies in this world.

The only thing 4 has over 3 and 5 is it's Dancing game. and Chie.
Literally everything else is shit.

>Multiple objective points
Too bad that didn't happen. Go back to bing bing wahooing and being mad you won't get it on Switch.