YIIK is a good game and if it weren't for the ginger characters design Yea Forums would love it

>YIIK is a good game and if it weren't for the ginger characters design Yea Forums would love it

You know it to be true.

Attached: yiik-a-postmodern-rpg-squareboxart-01-ps4-us-17jan2018.jpg (1000x1000, 411K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1H4s6EQ2tZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WwCKPhlyU5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

YIIK? more like YUCK

YIIKES

YIIKES

Stop copying me.

>61 reviews
lmao! probably didn't sell more than a couple of thousands

The combat is unforgivably bad, I hate that even more than the shitty characters.

>ginger characters design
If by that you mean cal arts vector shit, then sure. By the way, postmodern is not a word to be attached as a positive. It always means shit, no exceptions

There's a dirty word in the title guaranteeing Yea Forums would never like this game, and I don't mean the YIIK part.

The developers literally stated that they didn't know what to name the game. Because YIIK didn't sound good enough so they just slapped the Post Modern part on there even though there was nothing about the game that was post modern.

>cal arts
Don't just throw buzzwords around user.

Attached: 51b65954-898c-4732-ad53-2d4626a4ab37.sized-1000x1000.png (800x450, 554K)

Not a valid excuse

is this game good?

YIIK would be a good game if it didn't have godawful gameplay and narrative. Yea Forums would still hate it for le hipster soiboi but it wouldn't be a pile of dogshit.

Attached: 20141107_130408_foxinfonet.jpg (900x601, 428K)

YIIK is a good game. . . for me to poop on.

Attached: Triumph.jpg (1140x700, 100K)

I watched some of a longplay of it for shits and giggles, couldn't find any redeeming qualities

pretentious garbage with terrible writing and "voice acting"
also shitty mini-games during fights

based

The game could have an anime artstyle for all I care but by god the combat, story, and dungeon design makes this a horrible ass game.

The game has minigames for every combat action AND IS A DIFFERENT MINIGAME FOR EACH ACTION.

Plus said minigames can stop working and forces you to reset the game:
youtube.com/watch?v=1H4s6EQ2tZQ

>That fucking loading time for a random encounter
what the actual fuck

Who are you quoting?

Post modernism is super interesting though

>15+ seconds of loading for a random encounter
>that music

Attached: むー.png (640x480, 150K)

>postmodern is not a word to be attached as a positive
That is not a very postmodern thing to say.

>Game during late 90's
>No one is wearing hawaiian shirt
>No Star Trek references
>No Star Wars references
>No MIB reference
>No Matrix reference
>No tamagotchi
>No Gundam, Evangelion reference
>No IRC or USENET reference
>Nothing related to late 90's media or culture
Looks like a shit hipster crap, I want an actual game based on the 90's.

Attached: 1528721927189.jpg (548x644, 86K)

you forgot the worst offender

>a tombstone to a guy who died IN 2015 that is DATED 1956-2015

it's my biggest guilty pleasure

Attached: yiik town.jpg (1920x1080, 572K)

YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKES

like i get that the point of the video is to display the mini games not working but who in the fuck loads a random encounter for 15 seconds

Is this a Joke?

>ginger is bad
You fucking subhuman female gingers are sometimes the hottest thing on earth. Yikes is bad because it‘s sjw self insert indie shit.

>but who in the fuck loads a random encounter for 15 seconds

ACK studios

Get over yourself faggot and get better reading comprehension. In short, kys.

I actually finished it. There are aspects to both the writing and the visuals that I'd defend but it's not good. And I approached it with a lot of good will. The combat is tedious to the point that they could have really only saved it by making it skippable and the writing, while certainly aiming high, is so full of redundant dialogue and needlessly complicated indulgences that all that is actually interesting about it just comes off as tiresome.

I didn't hate it and I don't think it deserves to be the laughing stock it is, there's obviously some creativity there, but it's simply not a good game.

Attached: w6tytd5r1071qufhftwd.gif (800x461, 607K)

A?

The random encounters look like ultra cancer, is it actually that bad or do the trailers and shit show a distorted view?

I never had that long loading times when I played through it. Yeah that's right, I played through YIIK, ama.

Also here's couple thoughts. The minigames are horrendous and actively make you work against them. This means you soon start doing nothing but abusing main characters EP strike, Claudios bugged basic attack and Essentias basic attack while doing fucking nothing with the fourth one since those attacks hit the hardest and are the easiest to do. Any other attack just takes way too long and do fucking nothing.

The ending is also a disaster. The "main" end is basically a hallway that is so predictable you can figure it out in the first five minutes. Also hilariously breaks it's own established rules. I don't understand what the dev was thinking. The "secret" end is even more of a clusterfuck that makes even less sense and I want to throw up just thinking back on it. There might be a third "super secret" end where everything is fine in the world but there's no facts to back this shit up except some voicelines in the data.

And to tell you the truth I actually liked the game at first. I still dig the artstyle, setting and the most of the story. Only the ending goes absolutely nuts. The music is so so, there's shit in there like LEMONADE and then there's Tobys song which is way above the quality of the rest. Also fun fact, Jill from VA-11 HALL-A is ingame and has a small part in the story.

Attached: 1547829872262.jpg (416x279, 39K)

>Someone though this was good
>Someone composed that music
>Someone though was okay to wait 15 secs to load a battle
>Someone though that shit battle was fun
>Someone designed those characters

Also, no reference to the millennium bug.

Attached: 1544428591398.gif (488x519, 415K)

Today I will remind them

youtube.com/watch?v=WwCKPhlyU5M

>Also, no reference to the millennium bug.

There actually was a type of enemy called the "Millennium Bug"

if it wasnt indie hipster garbage maybe I'd bother taking more than a brief glance

lllllllllllllllLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEMONADE

>A good game
The combat is just fucking awful, the story is literal 2deep4u bullshit with just a few bright spots here and there, writing is all over the place and the music is hit or miss (mostly miss).

It's one of the worst games in one of the most recently over-saturated niche genres.

I hate gingers so much why do they exist why do they think they're allowed to just live like the rest of us why

>it's set in 1999 but everybody dresses like its 2019 and has 2019 sensibilities
No thanks