I finally figured out why I feel like Ive been doing no damage when I hit this thing...

I finally figured out why I feel like Ive been doing no damage when I hit this thing. Because Im literally doing no fucking damage even during its rediculous wind down at the end of it's moves. Im trying to stay in close so I don't miss the half a second window to do my 2 little chips of it's health but it just keeps jumping away and I cant get any hits in

How the fuck should I beat this without cheesing it. I have refused to cheese any boss to this point and I won't start now.

Attached: FCM.jpg (992x558, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/PlausibleGiftedAppleDoubleRainbow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think there is a thing for killing ghosts maybe... hmm I dunno

Confetti

I don't know man, I just kept hitting her until she died.

it's a ghost. look at it. mystery solved. if you're like me you have already wasted the special limited item you need to damage it, so you've just got to get in there and break its posture.

Its not a ghost its an illusion. Also Im out of confetti. Also tying whether or not you can defeat a boss to a limited consumable is fucking retarded and a huge oversight. Regardless there has to be some way of beating her without confetti. I cant deflect shit cause even if I deflect every move in her combos, which i have on lock at this point, the last move in the chain always causes a flinch which takes away my ability to counterattack.

Breaking it's posture is nearly impossible due to it's rediculously high vitality and therefore recovery rate. She just recovers it all when she jumps back. OP needs confetti to win really.

that may be true, but I beat it without confetti so it's entirely possible. obviously I really wish I'd had some confetti left. I just had to be relentless and learn to deal with every she's got.

1. It's not limited to it. You can beat him without confetti or pacify, it just takes like a minute-long fight and makes it several minutes instead. I've done it.
2. Also, you can farm confetti in the castle from the retainer samurai.

actually wrong
just deflect and occasionally hit her with your high damage attack and her posture should go slow eventually, you can also use snap seeds to damage her hp directly. Fight is super easy once you've figured out how to deflect the wombo combo spin attack, it usually build up like a third of her posture if you deflect every spin

This is completely untrue. Deflecting all of her combos will build up posture sure. But she has 2 separate moves at varying distances that will completely recover her posture if she uses them. The back flip spin and a shorter little up swing when close. Both will return her posture to 0 or near it.

Ok. So what attacks do I actually have a window to hit because Ive been attacking now like instantly after some of her attacks and she autoblocks everything

you can use snap seeds 3 times to take her down to 70% health, then use firecrackers to get some free damage

stop being bad, her posture regen rate goes down with her hp, get her to like 70% hp and you can posture break her with deflecting

Fight other bosses first. The difference between having 3 Attack vs. having 5 Attack is like night and day.

You can hit her twice by running under her when she goes into the air just as she lands.

The immortal blade special does pretty decent damage, even if you don't have emblems. Just stand back and hit her during her recovery times.

Stop trying to whittle down boss health.
Keep up the aggression. Her posture only recovers when she idles so you have to never let her idle. If she floats away, sprint and attack. I beat her in about 2 minutes with no confetti, just R1 L1 making sure to never get too far away.

You fucking moron. Look at the OP. Hes already having trouble damaging her vitality so you propose that he just break her posture. But then the only way to do that is to lower her vitality. Please tell me you see the logical problem here,

Is that literally it? I know I can bait her into jumping which Ive been doing and I know after her spin I can get a hit and after a mikiri counter I can maybe get one. But are those the only windows? Cause if so thats some seriously bad boss design.

>the last move in the chain always causes a flinch which takes away my ability to counterattack.
I forget which move that is, but can you dodge that one instead?
it's fine if she blocks, she still takes posture damage. just watch out for her deflects.
this whole conversation is about beating her without doing hp damage. pay attention.

It's all her moves. The last attack in all her chains causes a flinch. Im not sure if it's possible to dodge out of but I've been trying and getting rekt every time so I dunno.

Yeah the 3rd attack against her guard is always a deflect so I've just been double tapping or trying the whirlwind move which does a decent chip but not much

run around like a retard until she does something you can punish, then run in and smack her once.

repeat ad-nauseum.

You are also guaranteed hits if you perfect parry her wide right-side (your left) sweep—perfect parrying the first blow will cause her to recoil past into long recovery. The big overhead is free to dodge and counter too. These are three opportunities for hits.

if you have the monk combo that can be useful to keep the pressure up. the moves can't be deflected, so you can slash twice then combo into the monk attacks for a few extra hits.

but hes not wrong, false/true monk are both bosses that you should be focusing on their posture almost exclusively.

Attack from the sides or behind.

>firecrackers
>whack her a couple of times
Loop until firecrackers stop working
>snap pea
>whack her a couple of times
Loop again.

Even without that it's not fucking hard. She has huge openings, particularly the overhead downward swing.

That's what I did, does that constitute as cheese? Figured that's what they wanted you to do because she hits so hard.
That's also what I did for O'rin and the headless ape, 3 bosses in a row using that boring tequnique, which made me not like this section too much.

clips.twitch.tv/PlausibleGiftedAppleDoubleRainbow

Ill definitely try this on my next attempt thanks.

tell me how to beat emma/ishin please

Emma and isshin are just a memory game, second phase isshin is basically the same as regular isshin except you do a lot more jumping over fire.

Spam shadowrush on Isshin. He is completely free to it. Just use tanto for extra emblems.

So about that whole "unable to be deflected" thing.... The praying strikes got deflected.

I'm full of shit and the wiki lied to me then. I swear I've been using the strikes on a different boss though and not being deflected.

firecrackers whenever isshin is about to do some bullshit fire attack finally got me through the fight.

You b8ed me user. I can never forgive this slight

Ignore them.
Get under her when she's in the air: free hits as she lands. You can slash her in the air here, but you have to be careful or you'll get shot.
When she does the overhead: dodge and counter.
When she does the big vertical slash, parry. If you perfect parry, she over swing for free hits. If not, expect a follow up swing and try to perfect parry that.
When she points the staff forward, she'll do a little volley of spells which you can skirt around for free hits (stay on her).
When she swings the staff around, she'll spread her little balls... you can't safely do anything.
When she smacks the staff vertically, it means a big fuck you ball is being summoned (run).

This is all without combat arts, snap pea, confetti, tools, etc.

I'm sorry user. the wiki burnt us both.

lol

Attached: 1488850652499.png (420x420, 31K)

stop spelling it 'rediculous' you fucking retard

so what's with all the items? do you need to position her just right?

Shitty fight but easy. You need patience

I don't get why people wan't an easy mode in these games when they're so goddamn exploitable.

based retard, you're gonna have more fun in a bit

This is what I like about the game frankly. There is crazy bullshit exploits for every boss if you suck donkey dick

Yeah just looks like he's moving her closer.
If anything sekiro has the least ambiguous methods of beating bosses, everything has some dumb tool that gives you free damage.

stop being such a coward, then

I DID IT BOIS. I BEAT HER. NO PROSTHETICS (mostly cause I used up all my spirits on previous attempts), NO CONFETTI NOTHIN. WOOOOO THIS GAME IS SATISFYING.

>All these posts about not being able to counter attack or hit back
There are plenty of chances to get a hit or two in. Also like OP said it's an illusion. If only there was an item designed to counter illusions. If only there was a tool that does something similar. If only you could beat a boss just by getting it's posture to max instead of getting it's vitality to 0.

Deflect and stick on her so her posture won't go down, use snap seeds/firecrackers to make openings if you can't read them yourself

proud

Attached: 13985526170713.png (680x497, 528K)

Its because Miyazaki loves his puzzle boss shit, but for every Old Hero there's like 5 bed of chaos. This is a nice compromise since everyone just wants Flamelukers and Allants.

Was I right or was I right?

But it's not even a fucking puzzle, a literal brainlet could figure out the """counter""" to every single encounter.
Every prosthetic has a stupidly handholdy tip on what type of enemy it's most likely to stun for free damage, every other eavesdrop event I've seen went along the lines of
>MAN, THAT [X] ENEMY UP AHEAD SURE IS WEAK TO [Y], HOPEFULLY NOBODY EXPLOITS THIS KNOWLEDGE

Same.
Good job.
Also did it to final boss, finally time to end him
>accidentally jump off the cliff
Well, whatever, i solved final boss puzzle, so it will take not that much tomorrow. Fighting bosses in Sekino is cool

I'm not sure what you were getting at with the spells. Maybe you were referring to true monk? I was fighting the ghost version. Other than that yeah it helped a bunch big thnx.

rolled my eyes when I just so happened to walk into the guy who fitted the armor for the guy 5 meters up ahead and he immediately starts talking about how if you give it a good yank it will probably come off. And then he JUST SO HAPPENS to drop the keys to the door that has the prosthetic that pulls things off people.

Attached: d10.gif (200x138, 126K)

I think you can spam her with fistfuls of ash as well to give you a few more hits each time. Combine with confetti.
She's quite easy to avoid taking damage though so if you have the patience you don't need any extras.

Probably Activision job to make early bosses less hard to brainlets.
Late game bosses doesn't have this sort of advices, you have to solve things by yourself.

Go to another area and defeat more bosses for more damage?
It's totally doable and she only has so much hp because it's a one phase boss
Or just use snap seeds if you're having so much trouble
It's not cheese if it's an intended mechanic

Maybe, activision was supposedly completely hands off thought so I don't want to completely discount Miyazaki just doing that himself.

>From Software said Activision is giving the studio "much-needed support" on Sekiro's tutorial system.
It's literally Activison fault about all these pop-outs/probably Activision also told to make game more easy to casual players/game journalists/other kinds of brainlets.

Good job user

Attached: phil dunphy.webm (624x296, 173K)

You can use 3 snap seeds on her and it'll take off half of her life for free.

Snap Seeds, it'll do a huge chunk of damage and let you do damage.

I believe you can only do it three times though.

Attached: Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice-Snap-Seeds-Lady-Butterfly.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 117K)

what enemy was that? I remember wanting to pull off armor but just didn't for some reason

the bell chucking guy, except armored. I think he's infront of a bridge with two guys you eavesdrop. You need to pull the spear twice to pull things off.

weird I never saw an armored one

I think he was infront of the abandoned dungeon? easy to skip and there's two ways into it

maybe my game is fucked up and not showing the armor, I stealth killed him every time but then when I tried to actually fight him I was doing fuck all damage

the "armor" is just a chestplate strapped on with some rope

well fuck

Attached: 1526608686303.png (565x564, 497K)

The prayer strikes skill in the menu states it can't be counterattacked. Maybe the wiki was interpreting that as beating deflects without testing. If that's not what it does, maybe it does something else like it can't be interrupted? I'll try next time I play.

Literally doesn't matter, you can kill an enemy at 100% health by breaking their posture. Always be attacking and perfect parrying.
And yes, it will reset if you have to back off to heal. Just do it again.

You only have to do about a quarter of the health in damage then you should be able to work on the posture without it recovering too quickly.