...You like Sonic Adventure 2, don't you, Yea Forums?

...You like Sonic Adventure 2, don't you, Yea Forums?

Attached: 220px-Sonic_Adventure_2_cover.png (220x220, 101K)

Yes.

No.

Shonen Sonic > Saturday Morning Cartoon Sonic

Did you know sonic adventure 2 is a postmodern masterpiece?

No. It lacks the soul that sa1 has

Attached: sunset amy.jpg (1440x1080, 290K)

Shadow is the best character in the whole franchise.

Attached: I'M THE COOLEST.gif (326x300, 796K)

only the soundtrack

Of course. I like almost all Sonic games, frankly.

Not really. I only like the Sonic/Shadow levels at this point, and 2 Knuckles levels. I can't even enjoy Aquatic Mine like I did when I first played the game, it was first "it's the lesser of the good levels" to "it's shitty corridor shit".

Imo all of the game is just aged cancer. I want these fan games like Islands, Utopia, or Adventure Blast tier polish and presentation and make it SA3 then I'll be happy with 3D Sonic again. SA2 just makes me mad SEGA dropped the ball with Sonic ever since. I'd feel the same for classic era, but Mania fixed that. So give me a 3D version ffs SEGA.

Yes

Attached: 1554588943212m.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

This but less autisticy. SA2 is still the best 3D sanic game and the most one I replay, but the age shows now. Riders is the 2nd best, would be nice if they brought that spin off series back.

>Riders is the 2nd best, would be nice if they brought that spin off series back.
Based and ExtremeGearpilled

Attached: sonicrider.jpg (944x1321, 190K)

Eh, Zero Gravity and Free Riders were such trash that I don't really miss the series. TSR will give me my Sonic racing fix.

>posts Soulless Adventure Deluxe

It's my 4th favorite game of all time, so yes.

Definetely a flawed, janky game, but great in spite of that. People shit on it while praising equally jank and flawed game as industry classics, such as SM64, just because it's hip to hate on sonic and because plebnty of sonic fans are inherently against the idea of alt playstyles regardless of execution

I love SA2.

Agreed. Shounen Sonic isn't always written that well, but it's always a fun ride with fun dramatic stakes to overcome. Really makes the player feel like a cool hero when they play through the game.

it's a love hate thing you know

>With a game as soulful as this, its no wonder the Japanese gaming audience has both Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle as the best games of all time. I mean, with a legendary soundtrack, upgraded Chao garden, and vast multiplayer, the fun never really ends with Sonic Adventure 2, it truly is the best Sonic game.

Attached: 1548711907666m.jpg (912x1024, 64K)

True

I played Adventure 2 for nearly a decade after it came out.

I personally feel Sonic Adventure is better than Sonic Adventure 2 but all in all it's an overall decent game. I wouldn't say it's good, though it's not bad either. The soundtrack has some bangers in it but either than that I'll take SA1 over it any day of the week.

Attached: Sonicadventuredcog.jpg (800x800, 142K)

>tfw you love both Adventures and Shadow

Man I miss the Dreamcast era.

Attached: Sonic&Knuckles.png (1112x1379, 2.52M)

>People shit on it while praising equally jank and flawed game as industry classics, such as SM64, just because it's hip to hate on sonic and because plebnty of sonic fans are inherently against the idea of alt playstyles regardless of execution
No, it's because Mario actually improved from SM64, while Sonic never did. If SA3 was done instead of Heroes and all 3D Sonic games was even better versions of that, no one would bitch about the first two adventures.

Yea but i recognize the level design is terrible and probably wont play through it again

I loved it as a kid then I played it again when I got older and realized there's like 4 shadow stages? Trash

THE STARS DON'T TWINKLE THE MOON DOESN'T SHINE.

I like it but it has a fuck ton of problems
>every space level
>every tails and eggman level
>that animation
>that voice acting

LIVE AND LEARN

>No, it's because Mario actually improved from SM64
Haha what the fuck are you talking about

To date, 64 is the most complex 3D Mario game mechanically, and also offers the widest variety of content with 15 well-crafted courses.

>every space level
yikes
>every tails and eggman level
YIKES
>that animation
>Y I K E S
>that voice acting
pic related

Attached: 1554777934010.gif (480x480, 71K)

>lists the best things about the game
Lmao

>FAKER?
>HAH
>YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO BE MY F
>I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS
no
i'm tired i got it confused with a different line

>samefagging
>and being wrong while doing so

Attached: sonic the laughing.jpg (1172x1274, 480K)

>Haha what the fuck are you talking about
You're a retarded boomer that thinks glitches = better
All sane, normal people will think Odyssey >>> 64. Just like Ultimate is better than Melee. No one is going to say Heroes forward is better than SA1/2, outside of Unleashed/Generations, which is where the boostfags hail from. Mario games past 64, outside of 3D World, is 64 but with some theme gimmick like FLUDD or space. Otherwise, it;s the same formula, just polished and improved.

Soul

Attached: Pumpkin Soul.png (256x256, 71K)

here's your (you) dipshit you can leave now

Attached: 1477589321996.png (630x480, 39K)

Its flawed but I love it, real shame Heroes threw all the potential good ideas that 2 improved from 1 that could have continued to be improved into the trash

This, you can argue that going overboard on "serious" Sonic was the most disastrous path (Ow the Edge, 06 controlling for its other fuckups), but 2 felt genuinely compelling in all its anime silliness.

Nice argumentum ad populum - encapsulates the Sonic hatedom pretty well.

Galaxy is objectively a downgrade from 64. Nothing but linear obstacle courses with Mario's moveset simplified to hell and back.

Good argument, underage. No wonder you don't like SA2.

>Hours upon hours of selectively breeding Chao for the ultra-Chao with A's or S's in every stat

I miss that shit. It sucks that adulting and familying mean I can't spend so many hours on stupid shit like that anymore.

>Ow the Edge
What a serious game that was

Attached: GUPE8P-2.png (1748x1080, 1.6M)

WE AT PUMPKIN HILL
YOU READY??

>Galaxy is objectively a downgrade from 64.
Keep telling yourself that Boomer. While people still ask for Galaxy 3, no one is asking for "Mario 128" because it's been surpassed.

The point is Sonic hasn't improved objectively across the board since SA2 for many people, so that's why people look at 64 better than SA1, because the 64 experience has never left Mario and has gotten improved up to Odyssey, while Sonic's nearly 20 years behind fan expectation.

>eggchad levels
>bad
t. only played Hero story

I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep, Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost piece. I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet, The great Emerald's power allows me to feel. I can't see a thing but it's around somewhere, I'm gonna hold my head 'cause I have no fear. This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory, A ghost tried to approach me and got leery. Ask him a question and he vanished in a second, I'm walkin' through valleys cryin' pumpkin in the alley. Didn't seem happy but they sure tried to get me, Had to back 'em up with the fist, metal crack 'em. I'm hearing someone saying you a chicken, don't be scared! It had to be the wind, 'cause nobody wasn't there. I searched and I searched as I climbed up the wall, And then I started to fly, I went in deeper! Let it get to me? I'm just gonna creep, Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost piece. I know that it's here, I sense it in my feet, The great Emerald's power allows me to feel. I can't see a thing but it's around somewhere, I gotta hold my head, I have no fear. It probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory, A ghost tried to approach me, he got leery. (This is Knuckles, who fears none.) (It's real deal when it comes to my name, kid!) I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep, Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost piece. I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet, The great Emerald's power allows me to feel.

Nope. Even the Sonic/Shadow levels are mostly junk. SA1 is a bit better on that front but not great.

I understand wanting more flexibility out of the controls in the boost games, but I still don't find the Adventure games very fun even if they have a higher skill ceiling.
>fan games
I'd be more impressed with them if they ever had actual levels and got released. For a game that's supposedly going to be completed this year we sure haven't seen much out of Utopia.

>SM64
>equally jank and flawed
SM64 has a far more solid core, even if its camera control is lacking. I've played through both recently, and there's really no comparison.

Robo Blast is 20 years still not "completed" Fan games should never be completed, there's no fucking point. Just make it have content and that's all it needs to be. Why are their people like this that seriously think some 1-10 group of people can make a AAA title in like a year's time?

FYI Utopia isn't geting "completed", they are planning to release 2 levels for you to muck around in. If it proves itself to have good level design with good gameplay, then it's already more competently made than all of Sonic Team's tripe. A more sane response would be "I wish fans could get hired to make better Sonic games for the fanbase instead of bitching out with retarded accusations."

Attached: Sonic Islands Expansive Level Design and Air Controls.webm (640x360, 2.7M)

>While people still ask for Galaxy 3
>implying Galaxyfags are 'people'

Cope.

why are there literally almost no good sonic fangames? the best ones out there are time twisted and bts and ats. even those lack imo

also time twisted ost is masterpiece

Attached: sonic-time-twisted-header.jpg (560x293, 31K)

I'm not asking for a AAA title, I'm asking for more than thinly disguised vanity projects propped up as fangames. Engines to dick around in aren't games. If they're enough for you, more power to you.
>FYI Utopia isn't getting "completed"
Maybe not, but according to Lange it is.

Attached: 20190409_121339.jpg (800x889, 458K)

>Eggman fucking kills sonic
>>because you just told me foxboy
It's the only Sonic game where Eggman actually gets shit done

Well then I guess the end goal is going to be the 2 levels then. So I hope people expect that instead of some 20 level shit like a retard.