Expected to flop

>Expected to flop
>Becomes a modest success with potential for a sequel
What is the Alita of video games?

Attached: IMG_8896.png (896x1060, 1.19M)

D44M.
Bethesda botched marketing of it so hard that up until release no one was expecting it to be as good as it was

NieR: Automata
Everyone, including Squeenix, expected it to appeal only to some old Nier fan and it was basically only an operation to keep the DQ director from leaving

>54% rating
>didn't even break even
>not even getting a sequel
>modest success

Ahahahhahahahahahahahha

Bethesda's own fault for their stupid ass blackout policy that requires complete media silence before release and doesn't give out any advance review copies.
It used to be that when no advance review copies of a game were sent out you knew it was fucking awful. With Bethesda games now you just assume it's fucking awful unless proven otherwise.
D44M was a victim of this unfortunate policy.

The ass saved it

My big issue with the movie is that it's a big frankenstein monster of the manga, the OVA, and all the other side material

Like why the fuck is Desty Nova in Zalem, he was exiled in the comic because he's a fucking nutter, but in the movie he's apparently the biggest bad and can mindjack people

Oh and they crammed part of the motorball arc in for some reason, despite that not happening until after Hugo bites it

The flashbacks were okay I guess. A bit too 'show, don't tell' compared to the manga, but then again that didn't get fleshed out till much later

Because it's an adaptation, and I think Cameron wanted the motorball scenes.
[spoilers]And better than the first 2 volumes[/spoilers]

demon's souls

Fair enough
Does seem like with Alita's motivation being revenge instead of trying to find herself through motorball and the champion getting to go to Zalem bit that if they do make a sequel they'll be skipping a lot of the stuff that happens in the wasteland, and probably the stuff where she ends up working for Zalem for a while.

>not using the user ratings
look at this retard

Ace Combat 7

The producer had to basically beg to get the resources to make it and it was expected to be the last hurrah for the series as it's too niche to sell well

>An awful adaptation

Any of the HD phoenix wright games

Yeah, Cameron stated that if we get a trilogy, the ending would be too different from volumes 8 & 9.
Sequel is confirmed to be about Alita vs Jashugan tho

So the second film is gonna be a sports movie then if they dedicate all of it to her motorball career

You’re a moron if you think this

>modest success
it's a flop. they only make like 30% of the gross, man. Especially with that fucking aggressive marketing campaign it got.

>b.b.but look at thos chinese bots!

I seriously did not see that Edward Norton coming

fitting that they're both robos

You literally fell for a meme. It needed 400 million, it got 400 million. No one's going to call it a smash-hit success, but it's not the blunder of the century either.

350m was the breaking point according to FOX Insiders

No one expected anything out of it. Not the devs, not the VAs. Maybe just MS dishing out marketing money.

Attached: 1539209466350.png (1920x1080, 2.61M)

Film budgets are massive lies created to make money when it doesn't meet that budget and make more when it does. Fuck, manufacturing a flop with a hugely inflated budget is how you keep your taxes down for everything else.

I thought it looked pretty good, it just Yea Forums that thought it would be a flop

The actual video game.

Attached: 1223241455763.webm (1920x1080, 710K)

>Sequel is confirmed to be about Alita vs Jashugan tho
Wait, sequel IS confirmed?

Attached: 15542843256820.jpg (434x393, 40K)

I refuse to watch this before reading the manga

reminds me of megaman 64
is it good?

Do it, the manga is great and you will appreciate all the sly nods to obscure stuff from the manga

What even is there about it to sustain a fucking general on Yea Forums?

It's an early PS1-era action game

Attached: 1223241455768.webm (900x506, 2.94M)

Someone expected something but with how m$ was handing out cash, you're right. I'd call the success more than modest though.

Read the first 2 volumes and the first 2 chapters of the 3rd one, it's what the movie adapts

Attached: 1223241455154.webm (900x506, 2.86M)

Robert Rodriguez and Cameron have stated that Jashugan will have a major role in the next film, but answering your question: no

this movie was shit fuck you Yea Forums for memeing me into seeing it

Yes the Desty Nova is kinda strange. But overall is a very good movie.

I'll take your word for before I see it, eventually

Nah, fuck that. If I'm gonna read it, I'm gonna read the whole thing.

This. Based atlus usa for saving it.

Translation never ever.
It's a fun game.

Attached: 12232414553456.webm (640x358, 2.96M)

Attached: 165165461564.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

I want to say Dragon's Dogma, but nothing was really ever expected of it but it did become a success.

Attached: 122445874713.webm (900x506, 2.99M)

>US box office: 85 million
>China box office: 130 million
What is wrong with China? Why do they keep sponsoring bad movies? They almost made Terminator Genysis profitable and sequel-worthy.

that's actually probably true.
a lot of cosplay thots, who never played the game, cosplayed 2B for the ass, and so people got interested to the character and the game.

Its budget was 170 million and it had a box office of 402.7 million, am I missing something?

the movie (Alita) is pretty good tho.
and chineses like cute girls.

Movie was really good, what are you on about?

>US population: 327 million
>China population: 1.38 billion
Really makes you think.

Attached: i5ewp51fqt311.png (600x862, 1008K)

You fucking burgers made every Resident Evil movie sequel worthy because you just mindlessly consume any form of media.

2B is the Bayonetta of the current console gen

It's not like you need it, it follows the manga so closely you'll always have a pretty good idea of what's going on.

Attached: pcsxr-pgxp_2019_03_17_08_22_24_818.png (3840x2160, 646K)

The whole thing isn't finished.

Yeah but the last part is exclusive content.

Basically every digimon game has gotten just enough money to guarantee the company can make another game

production budget doesn't include advertising. Box office isn't given 100% to the producers since the theaters are going to take around half of the ticket price. This can be worse in China depending on how it is distributed.

I did not think it was gonna be a success, even the devs were surprised

Attached: splatoon1.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

Then I'll read enough to be caught up

Yeah but it still hit it's number, which was 350 million, which was not something any expected from it.

Is this the same basic gameplay of Sekiro?

It's fucking true and if you don't think so you're a retard. Surely the *exciting* gameplay didn't entice people to buy the game, neither did the story. NieR: Automata only reached normies because of sex appeal.

Splatoon.

Said normies didn't even finish the game, most turned it off after "ending" A, they have no clue what the game is really about

what is the game really about user?
what do you find in ending A vs what you find after?
honestly asking

Androids have next to no development in the first third of the game.
Only after Ending A their reality is crumbling and they get hit with the deepest sense of despair and meaninglessness

Her

Attached: 1552800928274.png (1920x1200, 1.09M)