Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods

Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods

What build are you running? OathKeeper: Vire's Might or Eye of Reckoning or Aegis of Mehnir? Pet Build: is it cheese or not? Is soldier pleb choice or patrician?

Attached: 47b43eedd891d7bfd6508aea9ca82de053799ab9bc491f6dbd3ab4315bb2bbe6_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.j (639x361, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/gZwO0YnZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this dlc worth getting? I'm interested but I keep seeing people say that its not worth the money. Also, is the new pet class any good?

Currently trying to make a caster Cabalist.

Which one dlc? Ashes of Malmouth is very big and good, with 2 new jobs, it's awesome. Forgotten Gods not so big and have only 1 new job, it's ok overall.

If you mean Necro with skelles - it's totally ok. New Oathkeeper class is not pet-oriented

the "content" is about ~6hr or so, but the new class is super fun
Oathkeeper isn't a pet class; it has the two dudes you can summon, but they're immortal and scale with player bonuses

something like vitality caster with pentagrams?

Currently just using Eye of Dreeg and Ravenous Earth.

Anyone been playing Sentinel? I've been doing an acid aegis build (farming the Of the Three set rn)
Vulnerability + Divine Presence is some ridiculous RR shred, with Murmur and Manticore you can stack so much RR it's great

>picked vindicator - inquisitor and shaman
>think I made a mistake, thinking of rerolling
Should I reroll or should I stay vindicator?

I don't think that Vire's Might is worth using as a primary damage skill; it seems more like a few-point wonder mobility option. Aegis is really fucking good and worth full investing in, and Eye of Reckoning supports unique damage types

some says Vire's Might is cool imba skill with that fire road and stuff. and with Vires and shadow strike/new rune you can teleport here and there attacking everybody

Doing a spin2win physical/pierce warlord with the shifting sands devotion

Got my vire's might spammer to 100 but to be honest the idea of farming dungeons isn't that appealing. Doesn't help that the steps of torment was cheap as fuck (fighting some heroes outside the end boss room, somehow the fucking cunt of a boss aggros and zaps me from behind the still closed gate - utter bullshit)

I like my word of pain deceiver (elemental seekers are fucking great); would like an elemental cadence build at some point but i'm not too sure about it

Should I waste time with hunting down side quests?

Vire's might is fucking fantastic dude. You pierce through enemies with it. If you focus on fire damage and fire reduction you absolutely melt both trash and bosses

Only if they give equips that twill help you in the short run and aren't a slog.
Unless it's your first play, then you can exhaustively explore every nook and cranny.

Fuck farming for blueprints. So annoying. Can't believe I lost my fucking save with most of this shit unlocked.

Why warlord has so many set items compared to other masteries combination?
-stoneguard for retal
-octavius for cdr physical caster
-warborn for both cadence and EoR
-judgement for fire 2handed forcewave
And lastly 1 mastery set like markovian and virtue.

it's my first play, needed a break from Poe
if there arent lvl points and other build important shit i will pass side quests
also is soldier plus arcanist a good combo?

Where can i see the overall damage of that addon skill?

Attached: sasaas.jpg (1226x632, 292K)

spin2win is ok i think

Soldier + Arcanist is alright. Defensive bonuses of Soldier with the damage shitting of Arcanist, but not much synergy between the two.
Only 4 Quests actually have skill points and such, but some Quests do have some good equipment for filling out your defenses while leveling, such as saving the Skinner family or the Slith Primal Ring, but it's not a huge deal.
4 Quests in Normal/Veteran and Elite that is. There's 10 in Ultimate.
On the skill's tooltip I believe.

My vindicator is my most powerful build right now. The class combo has an amazing amount of lightning support, both damage and resist reduction.

>eye of reckoning Archon (shaman + oathkeeper)
>lightning for days
>everything melts except bosses
>shaman so i have plenty of health regen
>have almost enough energy regen to just hold down the spin2win and race through the entire map with it on
god damn

Attached: 1490399135181.png (1133x671, 581K)

because soldier is the most privileged class in the game bar none

soldier is for child and gays

Any must have skills? I was thinking savagery, all the inq default attack elemental chance on hits, and lightning totem.

if youre within the right level range, its worth the XP to level

Is markovian set just underwhelming? I heard it was OP before they nerfed it.

Oathkeeper autoattack, or super burnout for my main attack on Shieldbreaker? I guess I'd use Blackwater Cocktail or something between dashes to just burn the world down.

Primal Strike or Savagery for left-click. I prefer Savagery because the later nodes gives you offensive and defensive ability. Wind Devil is a must. Put points into the node reduces elemental resistance. I also use Srorm Totems for extra dps. Apart from that, Mogdrogen's Pact and Wendigo Totem for survivability. As for Inquisitor, use Word of Renewal and Inquisitor Seal for durability. Definitely take Aura of Censure. I put points into Storm Box of Elgoloth but the elemental procs are fine. For devotions the most important ones are Rhowan's Crown and Widow for even more resist reduction, and then Ultos to top it off.

It takes good gear to get decent single target damage, i'm just starting to get to that point. Honestly it might be better to go 1h + shield (though thats a lot more skill point heavy) because that way you can just use beronath's ability to get 100% elemental to physical for max spinny damage

grimtools.com/calc/gZwO0YnZ

This is me at the moment and i'm melting through trash so far. Might consider focusing more on pierce and changing to a paladin though; nadaan's reach is pretty good for that.

So I just killed loghaanh or whatever that big tentacle monster was and it's telling me I can jump into elite but I haven't started aom or fg. Should I just go right to elite and rush to ultimate or am I missing anything important? This is my first char so it's not like I've got crazy pre farmed gear or anything waiting for me in stash.

The expansions aren't worth doing on normal and the level scaling gets all wonky if you do em. Just go into Elite
Once you get into FG on Elite you can buy an item to start future characters on Elite.

>the level scaling gets all wonky if you do em
This. The DLC were balanced around higher difficulties so you'll end up usually getting instagibbed by the Malmouth abominations.

Think he meant more that if you go through FG on normal, by the end of FG you'll outlevel pretty much all content until malmouth

then when you do malmouth you'll get into elite at like level 70

>start future characters on elite
That's amazing, I really didint want to make more characters and have to slog through 3 different difficulties to get end game. Is there a similar item for ultimate?

>pick any class
>end up hating it after a while
Every time. My crusader of AIDS was kinda fun for the most part but i missed dedicated AoE clearers outside of the pets.

actually you can play everything on normal. if you would want to complete everything on normal - you will end on some level70

Yeah but starting on Ultimate is a good way to get your ass beat since you don't get the devotion points from earlier difficultues for free and won't have access to the resist boosting powder because no rep

Yep.

Not only do they unlock ultimate/elite on a new character, but they:

>give character all skill points from quests in previous difficulties
>same as above but with attribute points
>give character all bags

And you can power level too. Get to Ultimate on a new character, complete a few of the basic quests (where they don't even require you to kill anything) and you end up at like level 20 just from those. Much easier to see if prospective builds work.

Rep grind is so fucking annoying, even with the Rep boosts from other characters.

Rovers are easy as fuck but yeah the factions that actually matter annoy me to hell

How does the war cry modifier work?

reduces resistances by 10, but the final mod reduces just physical resist. I know reduces resistance by X doesn't stack (only the most powerful one applies), but how does it work when they both modify the same ability? Am I getting -40 target's physical resistance?

The Mandates usually let you get revered with everyone except Kymon's/Death's Vigil in 2 runs, which is why I'm just going to start on Elite from now on
Nemesis spawns are a pain in the ass though, I never get any warrants besides Beast Warrants

The uninstall wizard. Got bored of it. My bad for starting 5 characters at the same time

>Slogging through Normal Act 1 5 times before doing anything else
Yeah, that's a good way to get bored.

Reduces all resistances applies first and only applies the highest active one
-X% Resistance applies next and stacks with itself forever
Reduce resistance by Y% applies last to reduce the remaining amount and only applies the highest instance

this drop on my fire shieldbreaker yesterday.
nothing could be more perfect

Attached: 20190408203243_1.jpg (2560x1440, 786K)

Damn, that's hot.

Problem is that I feel most characters have 3 builds but 2 skills on each. Leveled an arcanist before uninstalling and it was the aoe freeze and the cold meteor. Other options were magic missile or the ray. Then sustains or passives. Pet builds were max one or two pets and their passives. Melees are one aoe passive skill and autoattack. Diablo 3 had 2 to 4 active skills and each has their runes to modify them

You forgot that by X% is literally by X%

E.g.

-20% resistance: 20 resist becomes 0 resist
reduce by 20%: 20 resist becomes 16 resist

But yeah the question was because it modifies a skill rather than it being from two separate sources, but according to a thread on the official forums i'll just get -30 phys and -10 to everything else.

Mythical Infernal Brimstone can.

Enjoy only ever changing weapon when you get the mythical version

My shieldbreaker is level 100 and still uses the lvl 65 one because the upgrade has yet to drop

If you got into Elite onwards you'd start finding sets that expand possibilities a lot more
And at higher difficulties you need to make a lot more use of defensive abilities and picking the right constellations and such instead of just cruising through with Turtle and maybe one damage constellation

I wish I would stop getting the same 3 Epic items to drop constantly.
I fucking had it with Turin's step and Revenant's Edge.

Shadeleather Leggings won't leave me alone

I would if I could choose a class. I have a tendency of creating 20+ characters on arpgs. Had like 3 of each classes in d2 on level 24

>not a pet class
>has invulnerable pet

I dont know what youre trying to say. You can have as many skills as you'd like

>pet
>doesn't scale with pet bonuses

Just try sticking with one and it'll be a lot better, trust me. Just pick Soldier and then either Nightblade or Necromancer as your secondary depending on if you have Ashes of Malmouth or not. Cause I doubt you have the latest DLC.

Only crucible, no ashes nor gods. Max I got was a 2H Shaman to lvl 30 but ended up being Savagery autoattack plus wind devil, wendigo and storm totem here and there.

Leveling with vire and judgment. Boss damage sucks but it's satisfying as hell to throw enemies into my fire when they're out of it.

vire has great boss damage though. Best way to use it is to have something like elemental storm on it, then you right click behind the target, not with them highlighted, charging through them (dealing the contact damage) and leaving them trapped in the flames. Combine it with some more reduction resist (my shieldbreaker has the guardian aura, elemental storm, and thermite mines) and bosses melt

The loghorrean is fucking me on elite

What class are you playing as?

Bump up your Chaos/Vit resist
Slap a Sanctified Bone on your helmet if you need it

Ashes of Malmouth was too long. Forgotten gods is just right.

Forgotten Gods is pretty mediocre. There are only a handful of enemy types that you'll see over and over for 4-6 hours even when it doesn't make thematic sense, and its location on the map is ugly as fuck. Ashes of Malmouth feels more like an extension of the proper game than a tacked on DLC.

Any changes to Necromancer Class? Oathkeeper seems like it would be pretty boring to play

Attached: 1516268682619.jpg (713x918, 127K)

Nothing major, no.

I want to play something with massive aoe like shitting fire/poison/lightning/whatever all over the screen, what's the best option? I imagine it's something like arcanist/demolitionist.

>Oathkeeper seems like it would be pretty boring to play
Spin to win + low cd aoe devotion proc is absolutely amazing.

who else wants to play this game but can't because of the horrible art style?

Thanks for the info, amigo.

Fuck stun. Fucking cheap ass artificial difficulty bullshit.

So it's true they aren't making any more because they can't think of new class? I haven't played FG yet, but from what i gather it seems hugely on the side. The main story is barely starting to get going now that we put some dent in aetherial invansion they felt at least a little bit, and the chthon threat seems to be far from over too. Not to talk about all the loose plots with friendly aetherials, Ulgrim and whatnot.
There better will be grim dawn 2 then or something.

I'm playing pyromancer and with brimstone and a few skills granted by devotion and components and thermite mines the screen is constantly drowned in fire and meteors. Clears packs beautifully

[Padded Leather]

I got most of the way through the base game as a cabalist pet build but I switched to a Sorcerer build I found using blackwater bombs and canister bombs as my two main attacks. I'm still only in Act 3 but I'm blowing up pretty much everything in one hit.

is fucking amazon a pet class just because you can summon valkyries? no. it isn't. fuck you.

You know who is also not a pet class? Fucking druid