Fallout 4

Now that the dust has settled, what's the verdict on this so far?

Attached: 7a06bb40-75a6-4e7c-a419-aa432a2217ec.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5x2lrXhi6O8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fucking trash
I regret buying it so much

Fuck you Todd you swine

Great fucking game. Some of the best money I've ever spent and I'm actually playing it through again for the 3rd time and have never used any mods for the game (although weapons mod looks pretty cool)

Frustratingly bad, it had potential but key features are trash

probably the worst fallout to come out besides 76.

Great game. One of the best ever made.

Disclosure: I haven't played Fallout 4.

Attached: 1553969056190.jpg (1920x1080, 229K)

The ultimate pleb filter of Fallout

A game so dumbed down that it fails in almost every aspect
>Gunplay is better but that doesn't matter since combat is still awful
>>>>settlements
>unique locations are a thing of the past
>the few proper towns in the game are smaller than anything from their previous games
>>>>Perks
>Nearly every quest is go from point A to B and shoot these guys
fuck this game. it wasn't even worth playing through steam share.

Really great modded, quite good vanilla if you play on Survival. Generally a better game than Skyrim and FO3, but lacking and unfinished.

Attached: A5eRvj6.jpg (1920x1200, 580K)

Recommend any mods? Doing a 3rd play through (last two were vanilla) I like the weapon mods that give you an AR and a few others but haven't really looked into anything else. I spend countless hours building so don't know if there are any mods that can aid in that aspect but would be nice if there were.

I didn't like it. One of the worst fallout games imo.

It's pretty good, and I love laughing at the Yea Forums contrarian groupthink here who act like it kicked their dog.

How are sex mods now?

Same as all bethesda games, great world building and atmosphere, shite everything else

Attached: 21751855_1484244611664710_2091370032391388091_n.jpg (480x464, 13K)

Both an improvement on the complete garbage heap of Fallout 3 and still shit in it's own right. Far Harbor is alright though

I really recommend Horizon combined with this mod that adds 200 weapons. Really overhauls the game to the point of it feeling like a new game. Am also on my 3rd playthrough now, this time in survival though

NV > 2 = 1 > 3 > 4 > 76

The good
>better gunplay
>reworked armor and reworked power armor are good
>companions are all great and its neat they can hack, lockpick, steal, etc for you
The mixed
>settlements are an okay idea, they fit Fallouts theme of rebuilding of society and its really cool how you build an army, its just too bad it has to be for the minutemen, and thats settlements are pain in the ass to manage and no matter how hard you try without mods they will always looking kinda garbage.
>reworked SPECIAL, it is dumbed down but its a lot more balanced than 3 or NV, there is also less starting points so specialization is more important early on but since there is no level cap by the end you can have everything.
>Aesthetically speaking its good that the outdoors actually has flora this time around but every building and city is still a mess, its ironic that plant life has rebuilt itself better than humans have
The bad
>everything about the main story
>the way there are parts of the map so clustered you run 10 feet from raiders while fighting straight into super mutants
>the excessive crafting and hoarding of junk, the horrible pip boy UI being such a hassle
>the game has less roleplaying than ever, you really can't be evil, the games story assumes you are good.
>The overabundance of dungeons, most feel like copy paste, same with the quests, go here kill this.

BLD is really good vanilla rebalance mod, but a bit cluttery with lots of extra modules and stuff. I haven't played Horizon myself because I don't like overhauls that add lots of new content, but my friend have and he praised it a lot.
Pip-Boy Flashlight is a must imo because vanilla light is extremely bright and kills all the atmosphere. Works especially well with ELFX, but ELFX itself is a very taxing mod with some rare but annoying bugs.
More Attackers - Get Off My Buildzone is great fun, especially if you have access to Vertibird for quick response. Turns settlement defenses into NAM war footage.
Place Everywhere and Scrap Everything are mandatory for building.

Attached: 377160_screenshots_20180611220656_1.jpg (1920x1200, 1.34M)

mediocre lootershooter that becomes a good casual timesink after adding a couple hundred mods, just like all bethesda games released in the past 13 years
far harbour had really good writing
> Yea Forums contrarian groupthink here who act like it kicked their dog.
it had a very mixed reception when it launched, casuals loved it but everybody who wanted to play an actual RPG was sorely disappointed

>NV first
>2=1
I love Rick & Morty too, epic!

Good fun action game with decent exploration and characters but a really bad rpg. Oh sorry, Yea Forums only likes New Vegas. Ahem. "SO BAD. TODD BAD. IT STINKY MY MONEY IS KILL NEW BASEDGAS GOOD"

>get tired of babysitting settlers
>join the nukaworld raiders and take over
>now i have to babysit raiders who get a massive morale penalty when i ask them to farm
who thought this was a good idea

Attached: 1538706560608.jpg (600x600, 40K)

This, after they introduced the CC shit, I haven't touched it.

I'll try them out and also give survival a shot. Thanks!

i had fun with it. my main problem with it was how pointless/inconsequential the game systems were. settlement building was very cool but served literally no purpose. the factions were interesting but once again really didnt serve any meaningful purpose as far as gameplay (besides certain armors being available to certain factions i guess, but this was negligible). the world was filled with cool little side areas to explore, but once again, there's rarely anything particularly interesting to find in any of them. it's a shame since the first 10-20 levels or so are always a good time.

Honestly I went from "gonna buy at at half off for the mods in a year" to, "not even worth a pirate" pretty quick.

Hope next one bombs so bad Yea Forums doesn't even make threads about it.

>thought
you take too much for granted user.

The shooting is fun, but the story is shit and it's barely an RPG it also has the best companions in the series

I agree with this. Also its criminal how few game changing decisions are avialable. It seems like the ending is always the same no matter what you do. The only arc with any consequence is Far Harbor and even then there's an option to say "get over it and get along" and that's the end of it.

The real numbers show us the truth

Attached: 1521944458451.png (1511x773, 395K)

>there's an option to say "get over it and get along" and that's the end of it.
What? That "get over it and get along" option requires you to fucking bodysnatch a guy and lie to all his followers, in addition to covering up the murder of an innocent woman and letting the killer get away with it. Getting DiMA to turn himself in and talking Far Harbor out of killing Acadia still requires you to wipe out either Far Harbor or the Children to end the conflict.

Current player base is just in it for running around naked with jiggle physics. and futa

>great world building
i never understood how anybody thinks fallout 4 has good world building when 99% of the map is a hellish orgy of raiders and supermutants that nobody could feasibly travel through, and yet somehow there's a functioning economy and resource supply chain

I'm waiting for KINO to release.
FUCK Fallout 4's story
youtube.com/watch?v=5x2lrXhi6O8

>casual lootershooter with an insane amount of marketing put behind it sells more than a spinoff
woah no way

Yeah but the Children are assholes and the murder took place decades earlier. It just doesn't feel as consequential as it could've.

still garbage. its like the game's been out for a year, not nearly five.

It's fucking shit, the people who still play this trash are either "dood guns" people or bethesda drones.

A very poor Fallout game and a bad rpg but an amazing settlement builder.

I can't believe I have over 700 hours in this game.

Yeah, this too, though admittedly i dont care too much about the story/narrative so this doesnt bother me as much. i find i usually run out of steam around the time i go to the glowing sea for the 1st time, since at that point my weapons/armor are upgraded enough where further upgrades dont make much of a difference and i'm already manhandling encounters without needing further advancement.

the game needed something for the "endgame". for example, after choosing a side, turn the map into a warzone where you actually need to build up settlements to "consolidate" power, and have other factions slowly take over other settlements where you can launch attacks vs. those factions w/ randomized minibosses, etc. where the unofficial goal is to take over the map for your faction. something like that.

the game also needed way more unique weapons/armor, would've been great to have a borderlands-like randomization for loot so you could just explore respawned dungeons if you were bored and find fun stuff.

>''critic'' score
You having a giggle there m8?
Actual metacritic scores for PC versions:
>New Vegas: 8.7
>Fallout 3: 7.8
>Fallout 4: 5.5
This accurately represents the game quality. What you posted has less credibility than a shitstain on my underwear.

Attached: 1551206985977.png (480x475, 266K)

>nigga don't know 'bout my AAF

>metacritic

Attached: 1460054004015.jpg (1000x750, 230K)

>fuck story about finding your child
>wow story about finding your delivery, so profound!

once i finished it a week or two after release i've never again touched it and have no intention to

i do though, ive been following the sex modding scene somewhat consistently since the very start
there are barely any quality animations, people are still making plugins or ports for the abandoned framework, etc. skyrim after five years of release (2016) already had a super thriving sex modding community

>scores of butthurt fanboys who might not even own or played the game

Attached: 1509727430489.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

Yeah, that's why ''critic'' score is laughable. Glad you agree too.

Empty, soulless cash grab where only the art team cared, and maybe a few game designers.

even with a shitty premise NV executes narrative miles better than the slop of 4

not him but i'll bite
>the Children are assholes
only their leader is an asshole, most of the Children are normal people who adopted the faith because it gave them a sense of family
> the murder took place decades earlier.
dima murdered avery, manipulated far harbour for decades with a synth clone of her, and then erased his memories so he wouldnt feel bad (and only after plotting two genocides)
when you confront him he acts like he's sorry and then immediately tells you to murder another influential figure for the sole purpose of manipulating people into an artificial peace purely for the benefit of arcadia
the peace route isnt at all a "get over it and get along" option

>wow story about finding your delivery, so profound!
>implying that the concept of stumbling into & becoming a major influencer in a gigantic conflict after fucking up a delivery isnt better than "where's my son"

>NV executes narrative miles better
You mean when the story completely stops after you meet Benny and game forces you to go through most available side quests in the game and then gives you a retarded EPIC ending where you defeat literally who you never even heard of and can tell entire army to fuck off because your speech skill is high enough? Because it really isn't.

yes that's the one

Thanks for clearing that out, now I can properly laugh at stupidity of obsidiots. Once again.

Attached: 1531394494718.jpg (370x370, 25K)

samefag

>You mean when the story completely stops after you meet Benny and game forces you to go through most available side quests in the game
lol omg you have to beat quests to complete the game, obsidiots bfo

i liked the shooting, not so much anything else.

>tfw went full roleplay autismo with the settlement stuff
>houses in Sanctuary all belong to companions/major chararacters and I went around making them all feel lived in based on the occupants' personalities (Cait and Curie live together, so I put beer bottles all over the living room but made other rooms neater, to give the impression Cait makes a mess and Curie cleans it up)
>turned Red Rocket into the Minutemen supply depot, set up an office for Sheffield (who I use as Chief Provisioner) in the back, all the supply routes spider out from there
>Vault 88 has a wing containing the Minutemen R&D labs, Curie has an office there and the labs are filled with special equipment like the Cryolator to be studied and prepared for mass production/miniaturization
>With Automatron, built a new Sarge to guard the Castle and also built a bunch of generic Minutemen Protectrons to guard settlements
>built a cozy family diner in Sanctuary, and a grimy dive bar for caravaners in Starlight, and a big resort-style hotel/bar on Spectacle Island along with an arena

Attached: 1356231263547.jpg (456x628, 606K)

i refuse to believe that anyone of your alleged opinion is being sincere and in place is merely pretending for the sake of an interesting argument. The only nigger in real life i know who prefers 3 hasn't played NV - 4 isn't even worth bringing up since no one likes that piece of shit, nevermind it being their favourite

If you're like me and don't give a shit about settlement building I'd highly recommend Sim Settlements. It turns the entire mechanic into a Sim City type of thing where your settlers actually do shit on their own while you go and play the game. You can set a few building plots, leave, do a quest, and then come back to find a small city already built for you. And you can even tax them for a constant cap stream, which is a neat little touch. There's also a bunch of add ons for it which all have themes.

Much like Skyrim, despite its problems I love it and have poured hundreds of hours into it.

The game was a fantastic first play through but it was more of an openworld shooter than a Fallout game or RPG. The lack of interesting designs and lack of player choice and stats, it all just showed how weak Bethesda really is at creating a good RPG experience outside of Morrowind. The plot was also a rehash of 3 but worse and the Far Harbor DLC picked it up a little.

played 120 hours then got board
will probably never play a video game again

How do you get to run this on pc?
I tried it ~month after release and I had problems with unlocking it to a playable framerate. Downloaded like 2 third-party programms to fix that, just to be kinda dissapointed and drop it.

Attached: 1541659434201.png (500x522, 154K)

what are your specs? werks on my machine

Shit.

I'm guilty of a lot of similar things. I build houses and stories for npc's. I turned Spectacle Island into a massive shipping port as well as a vertibird base.

I turned my vault 88 into a synth production farm black-site in which I take my best Minutemen, kill them and produce synth super-soldier copies in their image - sending them to high profile sites that their human counterparts weren't at before so no-one recognizes them.

Most of them at the moment are just ideas though, and I always build with god mode on because fuck actually playing the game to get the crafting materials.

I should get a life

Attached: srs.png (687x652, 602K)

my specs should be fine but iirc the game is capped on 30 fps, which makes it feel really bad to play

>iirc the game is capped on 30 fps
nah

Attached: shrug.png (599x412, 199K)

Better gameplay and map design than the other Fallout games, obscenely shit writing and quest design. Bethsoft desperately needs to stop making its mappers run triple-duty as dialogue and quest designers.

Attached: 1550122353979.png (800x800, 369K)

when you goggle fo4 30 fps the first thing that comes up is an article explaining how to unlock it through editing .ini files
it's from 2015, so maybe they changed that?

Pretty bad, but at least better than fallout 3

With a fuck ton of mods it approaches the dizzying heights of "an immersive distraction."

Just like every single other Bethesda game.

I know you loved it

Attached: 91C2778A-4CB0-4825-9381-5751546FD0A7.jpg (600x610, 38K)

they must have, i get 60fps in most places and 40 in downtown boston

Dude that sounds awesome

The mods on xbone kinda make this an amazing game if iam being honest. You get potentially hundreds of dollars of what would be dlc bullshit. No body gives the them any credit for doing something like this on console. I have like 10 radio stations, complete foliage overhauls so many cool things. It's actually a very good game, underrated.

Attached: DyEVBtAUUAASgCP.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

Shit and a waste of space

Best action of any Fallout I've played, I liked the settlement system, but everything else just fell flat for me. I enjoyed the game, but after going through the main quests and even side quests long enough I got so tired of how dry they all were that I couldn't bring myself to finish the game. I miss the RPG elements and I hope the series returns to form a little bit.

But hey it has pretty good spectacle imo, I have the fondest memory of stumbling upon a a 4 way battle of raiders, gunners, BoS, and ghouls all fighting between a run down church, a quarry, and the swamp between. The sky flashed red with musket fire, screams and battle crys echoed all around, a vertibird circled around and crashed into the tower sending down hunks of burning scrap. I remember popping off a flare to get the Minutemen in on the fight, and gunning down some ghouls as they swarmed from the flanks of the church. I remember the rain coming down hard, seeing dead BoS floating in the shallow swamp, I remember trying to pull out one fallen comrade with full power armor save for a blown off helmet that was stuck in the mud, to no avail. All the while the hoots and jeers of raiders assaulted us along with hails of rifle fire from the safety of their quarry fortress.

Honestly that truly was a magical moment for me, and I'll always have a lot of respect for the game for that alone.

I can't stand it. It's so intolerably boring.

its max 60fps. if you unlock that the game JUSTS itself due to the ductaped together engine

thanks friend
here's a picture of the cozy diner I mentioned

Attached: diner.jpg (1600x900, 333K)

that was the faggiest thing i've ever read

Nuka World was an afterthought and was thrown in at the last minute to appeal people who wanted to be evil.