The basement. Home

The basement. Home.

Attached: dkush40.jpg (800x592, 80K)

more like the BASEDment, know what I'm saying OP?

How many of you have actually ended up living in a parent's basement? How does that even come about? I understand living in your room at your parents' house, but a basement?

Home sweet insect filled himle

more space and privacy I'm assuming

RAYE SUX

Mommy GETS her exercise room and Davie wont move out so Davie GETS the basement.

Some basements aren't too bad. Gotta have them tested first because some of them literally will kill you because of the air

I've never been able to pin down the game on the TV for sure. Pikmin 2?

Who else livin the bus life?

Attached: 1536550022034.jpg (1024x768, 156K)

Who’s dave

This pic is older than most of Yea Forums users

least it was 'fore I fucked everythang up

Lost a job unexpectedly (company closing), couldn't afford rent, parents had remodeled my old bedroom into an office space when I moved out, so I moved into the basement for a few months while I found another job. Paid them back once I did, very grateful they were cool about it.

>cool in the summer
>relative privacy
>no one goes down there so they cant see fleshlight or drug paraphenalia
>tolerable place to drink with friends

Thought about it but I'd rather invest my time and money into a small house that will appreciate in value.

There's a part of me that wants to live van life. Park next to a Walmart and shit when you need too. My only worry is showers. I would want to shave and take more than sink baths.

Besides how dirty it is, that setup actually looks pretty comfy. How the fuck does electricity work for that though?

Seems complicated.

Finishing a basement is popular in America, in part for tax purposes. Basically, in some areas theres a tax on furnished areas (notably baths). By putting it underground (not 2nd story) the county auditor doesnt technically know they exist, so they dont actually tax you for it.

On top of that, there's heating/cooling benefits, cuz a furnished basement is almost always going to hover around the 60s F depending on local ground temperature.

Basements always seemed super comfy to me, they're a rarity in Texas for a number of reasons. I did get put into a huge expansion room with a windowless bedroom when I was 19, though, which was nice.

Once I have some land, I'll probably try to find a cheap bus to gut and workshop, if only to improve my handyman skills. Seems like a great opportunity to learn and practice all sorts of useful skills.

Living inside a bus when it rains must be top comfy