The great debate

The great debate

Attached: 123.jpg (1439x546, 345K)

What debate? All VNs are shit and not video games.

>series is called Zero Escape
>you genuinely never escape until the mastermind lets you

For me,its Danganronpa>Zero Escape=Ace Attorney

Danganronpa is a edgy poor man's version of Ace Attorney

why fight when they are all good in what they do?

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney > 999 = Danganronpa

All series are good. AA falls off at some points but generally maintains its quality, DR fluctuates from great to terrible multiple times but definitely has its moments, and the first two ZTD games are fantastic, and while the final game is a sour note to end a series on at least it was amusing to see the shit that came out of it.

There's no debate, Danganronpa isn't bad but it's nowhere near Ace Attorney or 999 in terms of quality
As a franchise, Ace Attorney edges out Zero Escape in quality, but as far as single games go, 999 is the best, even though Trials and Tribulations is fantastic by itself

I like all of them :^)

999>Phoenix Wright>DR
Umineko is better than all of them anyways

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (291x500, 41K)

999 is pretty good as a single game,but zero escape shit itself with 0 time dilemma meanwhile i found the 3 danganronpas pretty good in terms of quality. havent played ace attorney

Hopeman's Wild Ride is the hypest shit in all of those 3 series

Ghost Trick > Hotel Dusk > Ace Attorney > 999 >>> Dangitronpaul

Attached: chendab.jpg (1048x1200, 88K)

For me it's DR > AA >>>>ZE

DR2 is the best game of those three series

I agree but Umineko is also 70 hours long

AA series>DR2>VLR>>>>>>>>DR1/V3=ZTD

If you combine all of the arc in these series it's longer than Umi. 70 hours is from 8 games.

Danganronpa is insanely predictable and easy, whereas 999 and VLR consistenly surprised me and kept me wondering what's gonna happen next.

t.guy who got spoiled

999 isn't anything like Ace Attorney. It's actually more similar to Layton because you have to complete puzzles to progress.

I didn't get spoiled at all. I'm primarily talking about the cases. Every single one is piss easy to solve, and that's with Logic set to mean.

I guess Umineko ruined me in that regard, since Umineko gave me tools to solve it with ease.
Danganronpa murders feels like a saturday morning cartoon in comparison.

as a series ace attorney is better then both of those games, but as a individual game 999 is better the first ace attorney and the other

Attached: 1525125359868.jpg (258x191, 18K)

Not him, but hes completely right.
Every fucking game follows the same formula. They think its "clever" but its lazy as shit.

999>Trials and Tribulations>DR in general

I like Umineko but it has zero gameplay

I kina like how 999 and PW tell a story through you figuring shit out

Ace Attorney > Zero Escape > Danganronpa

Motherfucker if you didn't instantly know the killer from case 2 onward in DR and know EXACTLY who was gonna die, you're fucking stupid. Like possibly mentally handicapped. They linger on the victims and killer EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Doesnt sound like a great debate

most of these replies are
Pw>Ze>Dr

I unironically prefer ZTD to V3.

Story:Danganronpa=Zero Escape>Ace Attorney
Music:Danganronpa>Ace Attorney=Zero Escape
Artsyle:Danganronpa>Ace Attorney>Zero Escape
Gameplay:Ace Attorney>Zero Escape=Danganronpa

ZTD when it came out was fun. I loved making fun of it with the rest of Yea Forums

Holy shit, 999 was a clusterfuck. The first game was okay on its own, but suffered from poor writing. It loves to throw science lectures at you on pseudo-intellectual topics, and these only get worse as the series goes on.

>muh despair
>better story than Ace Attorney

Attached: 1447910616824.png (469x402, 95K)

ELDER GOD TIER: 999, Ever17, Remember11
God tier: PW:T&T, VLR, DR2
High tier: DRV3, DR1, PW:AA, AJ:AA, PW:SOJ, GK2
Flawed but good tier: PW:JFA, DR: UDG, PLvsPW:AA, AAI
Meme tier: ZTD, PW:DD

Attached: 1470010716428.jpg (1280x960, 685K)

>Even comparing DR to either of those
The real debate is 999 vs 428 given they have fairly similar gimmicks

Danganronpa is the only one that did not went to shit (even if you not liked V3 story)

>999 vs 428 given they have fairly similar gimmicks
They don't?

Attached: 1467579469613.png (255x251, 105K)

Me too.
Carlos’s wild ride was insane.

Guess I'll post this OC since i havent seen a zero escape thread where it was relevant in ages

Attached: malcolm_in_the_escape.png (750x422, 329K)

Phoenix wright has fucking charm at least. 999 is a complete fucking book, text gets so stupidly dense and the ending is complete autismo retardation nonsense.

Dangan 1
Miles
VLR

There, only play these.

While obviously executed very differently (most importantly with 999 having it be an in-universe thing, while other timelines are never acknowledged in 428), swapping in 428 to continue is similar to the whole "restarting and retaining knowledge of other routes" idea of 999

>Be me
>A cute snail
>Minding my own business
>Suddenly people start killing themselves
>Nuclear war starts
>Some old man blames me for all of the chaos
what the fuck bros

Attached: Color-in-your-snail-drawing.jpg (700x600, 69K)

999 is good throughout, although it's not as good at its peak.
428 fucking shits itself halfway through, hard. You realize a bit in that Achi's route is the same thing over and over for every hour, Osawa's route wraps up quickly and was thin on substance compared to word count, Tama route ends first despite her being the most interesting character because the writers couldn't figure out how to make her active up until she NEEDS to be dragged off screen, Minorikawa's excellent route ends on a wet fart, and Kano's route is the worst route throughout. As soon as Canaan gets involved the story starts to crumble into stupidity and by the final two hour block the story is basically done anyway, it's more a puzzle to get through now to push the theme of the story. Jack FUCKING Stanley just barely saves it.

It's a real shame, because the first three/four hour blocks are absolutely perfect.

That's because it started as shit. DR2 is the only good thing to come from the series.

Why the fuck were you on that woman's path home, fag?

DR3 was an excellent fuck you to blind fanboys, and I'll always respect it for that.

Although I agree the route to the conclusion in 428 isn't great, I think when the story reaches its climax it definitely gets back on track. Usually when a VN drops in quality I fall off it hard, but 428 kept its momentum for me (better than 999 in fact).
And the fucking Suzune end killed me.

Played the most recen AA and Zero Escape games?

That's shit

Even those are better than anything in ronpaul
>>>/tumblr/

Whats wrong with the most recent AA.

That shit was a ride and a half

That's kind of what I meant when I said the ending is basically just a puzzle and themes being reinforced. There's no more development at that point, just trying to figure things out and payoff. The execution of the final two hour block and the extra goodies (holy SHIT does that game have a lot of secrets and goodies) is great (minus Nasu's part, that man can't write), it's just that the game starts falling apart by the midpoint and progressively gets worse until that final block. First Achi's problems, then Tama ending early, then Osawa ends for justifiable reasons but you're left thinking his route was a bit thin, and finally Minorikawa ends in the worst way possible, all while Achi and Kano's routes are going full shitty telenovela on your ass. May as well have not bothered with half of it and jumped to the finale more quickly, or made each block two hours from the get-go.

Danganronpa is my favorite but they're all fun

Attached: __fukawa_touko_genocider_shou_kirigiri_kyouko_naegi_makoto_and_togami_byakuya_danganronpa_and_dangan (1087x1600, 536K)

If you're talking about the anime, it was terrible that ruined the story of DR2.
If you're talking about DRv3, I didnt even bother to finish it. Got really fucked tired of them recycling the same fucking case formula 3 games in a row. Didnt care for most of cast outside a few characters and they all died, so I just dropped it.

>that ruined the story of DR2
There wasn't much to ruin to begin with.

Give your rankings boys

AA3 > AAI2 > SoJ > AA1 > DD > AA2 > AJ > AAI

Just finished the new games and really loved this shit out of them. Can't wait for a new game. Athena a cute

As for the other two games itt I've only played 999 which was pretty good. Don't know if I'll ever try Dangnaropa, but I do play on picking up The Nonary Games and getting 999 + VLR on Steam.

Attached: Thats+from+a+game+called+apollo+justice+the+fourth+game+_5e9dde7a1b31f4113a3a5f07956dd422.jpg (986x553, 117K)

>And the fucking Suzune end killed me.
Better not be implying you liked it because it was shit
>really fucking obvious
>really fucking convenient
>doesn't even make sense and a couple minutes in google reveals the illness the boy had would have damaged his heart

>please care about these characters!!!
>every single character is either a caricature, pop culture reference or just plain boring
I will never get Danganronpas rapid fanbase. 90% of the characters suck ass, seriously. They're written so insanely shallow.

Before ZTD:
999>AA>DR
After ZTD:
AA>DR>999
After: DR3:
AA>999>DR

The ending of v3 is a meta acknowledgement that DanganRonpa is a stale, tired formula and that the demand for more is absolutely stupid and we should move on with our lives. The game is actually a bunch of super fans "playing" DanganRonpa for the billionthtrillionth time because people just can't get enough of it.

The whole game is one long "It only works twice at most, stop asking for more you fucking retards." You dropping it is exactly what they wanted anyway.

>The ending of v3 is a meta acknowledgement that DanganRonpa is a stale, tired formula and that the demand for more is absolutely stupid and we should move on with our lives
>The whole game is one long "It only works twice at most, stop asking for more you fucking retards." You dropping it is exactly what they wanted anyway.

Attached: 1507442371008.png (485x443, 25K)

Story:
ZE >> AA >>>>>>> DR
Music:
DR > AA >> ZE
Artstyle:
AA > ZE > DR
Gameplay:
they all suck ass, but DR's trial gameplay made me wanna fucking kill myself, fuck PTA

>ZTD fans constantly excuse their terrible, shitty third game
It amazes me how much of a double standard you guys have

Prove me wrong.

>Changed the cast of DR2 from being willing participants to LOL BRAINWASH
>Chiaki being a real person

>minus Nasu's part, that man can't write
Which one was that? Didn't know he wrote anything for it.
But yeah, out of the things you complain about Osawa is definitely the one I felt the most, his was the one I was most interested in so it really sucked they didn't have more for him.
The dungeon crawl end of Minorikawa's route was so good that I honestly forget how I felt about the actual end to his route.
I didn't mind Achi and Kano's ends, though I can see why people would have issues with them.
Of course it was obvious but that didn't make it hurt any less.
>expecting a vn to get science right
next you're going to complain about Phoenix Wright's legal system being inaccurate

>doesn't realize the action part with anime art done by Fate's main artist was made by Nasu
user....

Attached: brown shiki.png (1277x716, 486K)

what about Professor Layton?

Maybe it's because I got into the series after the dust had settled, I just didn't take ZTD seriously so I was never disappointed. I wasn't trying to excuse it at all, just saying that at least something good came from that mess, which was shit to laugh at.

>implying I read fateshit
I knew type/moon did the canaan art but nothing outside of that. I agree the writing was shit though, I had to force myself through that just to get the entire game finished.

>Danganronpa
Amazing style and music. Some good character designs and fun character interactions. Terrible "story" thats at least ignorable. Its mini games are either stylized multiple choice or make you want to kill yourself. Trials can only surprise mouth breathing retards who don't pay attention. I wish we got DISTRUST instead.
>AA
Great music. Fun characters. Some really amazing trials. The only real problem is how the trials are linear and will only accept very specific evidence to answer its questions. It will penalize you and ignore relevant evidence because its used later in the trial.
>ZE
Good music. Some okay character designs. Pretty boring character interactions. You can do 9/10 of the puzzles with your brain off. Cool setting but I personally like when murder mysterys are grounded so I hate ZE.

I like them all equally.

Attached: nyeh.png (1000x800, 103K)

Easy.
In terms of pictured games:
AA > 999 > DGR
In terms of franchises overall:
AA > DGR > Zero Escape
ZTD was such a disgrace that it retroactively ruined the entire series as it exposed the fact that writer wrote himself into a corner and made shit up as it went.

Attached: 1554701437786.jpg (556x552, 32K)

The Canaan scenario.
By the way, watch the anime, it's dreadful.

>Image
I agree, The Silver Case is better than all of them.

Phoenix Wright >> Zero Escape >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Danganronpa

Umineko>Layton>999>Danganronpa>Ace Attorney>the rest of the ZE games

even ZTD is better than the silver case

Imagine being this much of a contrarian.

You must have misunderstood me, I'm not contrarian enough to like the Silver Case even thought it's shit

There is literally no debate. Every game has a completely different audience.

>AA
>story
you are more or less just an average lawyer. The reason why you want to continue playing is because you want to explore new environment and meet new people.
>gameplay
not bad. It just works for a VN.
>music
it get's the job done

>DR
>story
Just edge. You want to continue playing just for the edge. Also you hope that this game will turn into an eroge.
>gameplay
The class trials were always shit. On paper this is the best thing they could have done, but I still hate them.
>music
gets the job done

>999
>story
You are just in there for the SAW feeling.
>gameplay
not bad
>music
nothing special, but it had its moment

All games are great if you love VN, but if you only want to play one game, you have to decide between Maya's feet, detective waifu, or some strange plot twist.

For me it's all of them.

AAI2 > 999 > DR2 > PWAA > SoJ > VLR > T&T > DRV3 > DGS2 > DR1 > AJAA > PLvPW > DD > JFA > DGS1 > DRAE > AAI > ZTD
So, all told: AA > DR > ZE, though I enjoy them all greatly. Still, it's hard to understate how badly ZTD shit the bed.

Nekopara is a VN. These are just text-heavy adventure titles.