Days Gone

Oooooh my god, the Goty is so close I can almost touch it!

Who else is fucking hyped here? Sony wins again, baby!

Attached: 5358601_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550.jpg (550x550, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s_7yRpVu5n8
youtu.be/s_7yRpVu5n8?t=51
youtube.com/watch?v=l2Cf-6vKVWg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_video_games
youtube.com/watch?v=b7Dl2aBONSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that Story, those cinematics, those graphics, that Settings, those freakers, that postapocalpyse, everything I can ask for. this is my dream game.. just release it already sony!

Yeah, only 25 hours until EDF Iron Rain!

>inb4 pcúcks, weebs, nintendorks and xroaches call it bad bcs muh Zombies
First off they are freakers and there a many different Kind of freakers.
Secondly, weren't all of you sucking Resident Evil 2s dick a few weeks ago?

More obvious than Lord of the Fallen shilling years ago.

Not gonna lie pretty pumped fr this one

>8.5/10
>too much white male

This game graphics looks worse than Infamous Second Son, a 2014 game. Wtf Snoy was thinking to let Bend Studio develop this shit? Just a excuse to close them later?

this is gonna be a game i buy, finish, maybe plat and then sell for almost the full price

i'd be 10000% more interested in Days Gone if the zombies weren't called Freakers

dumb shit

I want to be handled by a freaker

this is either some next Level cope or youre seriously blind
youtube.com/watch?v=s_7yRpVu5n8

youtu.be/s_7yRpVu5n8?t=51
Look at the obvious pop in

0:51 if it doesn't work

Are game "journalists" already criticizing this because it features McWhiteguy the protagonist?

Yeah but what else do you fucking expect these days?

I hope Iron Rain gets a lot of players so the online is actually alive.

>Goty
lol
The only one good thing about this game - MC. Everything else is mediocre at best.

>zombie bullshit

Sorry, mate: 2010 called. They want their game back.

Whoops wrong pic

Attached: 1553126285760.png (590x895, 626K)

Looks better than SS

Attached: inFAMOUS™-Second-Son_20140531000741.jpg (1920x1080, 553K)

This game seems like they've just mashed up a bunch of generic trends from a few years ago - zombies, open world, cinematic story etc. The more I see of it the more it looks good though, will wait and see the reception and maybe pick it up after a price drop

see

those are some shitty rock textures.

Attached: 1465138073-1230831355.jpg (1920x1080, 987K)

>weren't all of you sucking Resident Evil 2s dick a few weeks ago?
Oh you mean that remake of a game from over 20 years ago when zombies weren't completely oversaturated in video games?

Yeah, that game.
Why did you suck it's dick? It's just another unnecessary Remake turned into a generic Zombie TPS.

Why suck its dick?

This will be the most "8/10 its okay" tier game of the generation

Solid, but totally forgettable.

People have been complaining about generic gruff white guy protags since last gen at least (pre-SJW bullshit, mind you)

Attached: generic.jpg (545x400, 59K)

Define "unnecessary".
After seeing the reception and praise, I'd dare to say it was pretty necessary.

>After seeing the reception and praise
Because People love Zombie games. they're not dying, it's just Yea Forums who hates everything that's western but as soon as japs make a westernized Zombie game you niggers get down on your knees

>THIS ISN'T A ZOMBIE! IT'S MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER: "FREAKER"
>THEY'RE NOT UNDEAD! THEY'RE INFECTED!

Attached: blails.jpg (460x323, 40K)

but what if they're literally not undead and die like normal humans

Maybe it's because...
now call me crazy...
but maybe it's because...
Resident Evil 2 remake...
was actually....
good?

>western game
>third person, shoot Zombie 3 times in head

>japanese games
>third person, shoot Zombie 3 times in head

>JAPANESE GAME GOOD! WESTERN GAME BAD!

Yeah that explains why people have NEVER complained about Resident Evil 5 and 6, right? RIGHT?
God, you're so lost.

>IT'S MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER: "FREAKER"

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

what makes resi 2 Remake better than let's say.. dying light? absolutely nothing.
resi 2remake is fucking boring and extremely short.

>what makes resi 2 Remake better than let's say.. dying light?
Now you're comparing 3rd person games to first person shooters.
You've completely lost the plot.

>from the creators of Bubsy 3D

Attached: 1386779308450.jpg (247x204, 10K)

I don't remember if this was originally supposed to come out before TLoU 2 was first shown off, but to me it just feels of Sony getting some shitty studio to put out a game like TLoU to hold people over until TLoU 2 actually comes, and that they went from having it as their big sendoff at E3 the year or was announced to not even putting it on the mainstage last year, because now they can just show TLoU,is very telling of that. The game looks incredibly mediocre anyway and I imagine it'll quickly be forgotten, unless people use it for shortlisting because it's an exclusive.

Almost definitely won't happen. I advise trying the multiplayer in the first day or two.

>dying light
>shooter
lol
and according to your Statement here Zombies are completely oversaturated... so dying light must be absolute shit but resident evil 2 for some reason is a great game. why?

Attached: 33-tech-wtf.jpg (1080x1080, 38K)

They said single player interactive consumer experiences were over. I said...

Hold. My. Beer.

Attached: E96F863F-FAD1-4E66-A465-D048E35DDBA1.jpg (482x600, 61K)

el rato......

I am literally trembling in anticipation

Attached: 1553621971023.gif (413x243, 51K)

But also the Syphon Filter series and that solid Uncharted game on the Vita

At this point you're just being a dense fuck just to stir up shit
Having fun?

>Zombies are completely oversaturated... so dying light must be absolute shit but resident evil 2 for some reason is a great game. why?
Because that game literally came out 20 years ago, you fucking dunce.
Have you ever by chance been described as "slow" by your peers?

watched new gameplay from today and it looks clunky and unpolished. gunplay and gore/physics seemed pretty janky and underwhelming

youre just proving my Point here. if you like resident evil you dont hate Zombie games, you just hate anything made by westerners

resident evil 2 Remake came out 3 months ago though and you said it's a great game. yet you hate on other Zombie games for having Zombies and say the Zombies are the reason why those games are shit.

then why isnt resi 2 re shit? it's just another third Person Zombie shooter.

Different guy here, just calling you out on your bullshit
I like Dying Light and RE2, but also think Days Gone looks generic as fuck!

>just calling you out on your bullshit
What bullshit? Me asking him why he calls one game shit for having Zombies but praises another game... for having Zombies?

Yep, only resident evil 2 is a remake from an older game which a lot of people on Yea Forums are nostalgic about. People unironically believe in NEW GAME BAD, OLD GAME GOOD

What makes Days Gone good?

It doesn't matter if it's a Remake.
It's still a Zombie game and even Plays more like Resi 4 instead of Resi 2.
It's a generic over the shoulder Zombie TPS just like a Million other games. only reason why Yea Forums sucks its dick is because it's japanese. that's it. dying light is muich better

>it's just another third Person Zombie shooter.
No it's not, it's a remake of a game from 20 years ago that captured the essence of horror and zombies perfectly.
If RE2make was "just another third person zombie shooter" then it would be held with just as much regard as Resident Evil 5 and 6, but it's not, it returns to the roots of survival horror.
Zombies aren't just mindless pinatas that come running at you in droves. They're an actual force in RE2 and a real threat that wont stay down and will just keep getting back up after each bullet, just like an ACTUAL terrifying unkillable zombie, not a fake hollywood action movie zombie that only exists just to be picked off effortlessly by a machine gun with unlimited ammo.
You see, what most, if not all zombie games are missing today is that they're just action games, RE2make was the first zombie game in ages to come along and remind everyone that zombies can actually be scary.

That explains why everyone sucked Resident Evil 5 and 6's dick as well right?
Oh wait.

Attached: XkXPSRLP_400x400.jpg (400x400, 18K)

People shat on them because 5 and 6 tried to be western style action games

Go back to your cardboard kiddo.

Oh Boy Oh Boy I can't wait!!!!

Attached: days gone.png (768x72, 10K)

They're still japanese games, autismo.
Disproving your point that people give japanese games a free pass.

What makes it bad or good is something we can truly know
if the game comes out, so that's why you must hold your defecation
in and shit on it when it's released.

OH GOD THE WAIT IS KILLING ME

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm pretty sure this shit came out like 3 years ago. I remember seeing it at E3 2015 or 16, and there is literally no way a game this generic still isn't released.

In your opinion, what makes Days Gone not generic?

Just an excuse to close them? Lol, wasting that kind of $$$ for an excuse to close an in house studio. Lmao

tps vs fps
singe vs coop
linear vs open world
survival horror vs action with parkour
Are you retarded?

The Argument here is that it's just another third Person Zombie shooter, and the other user has been saying that *X* game is shit for being just that.

If you want to shit on a game get some actual arguments and don't do a 180 for a game you like.

>wahh its a Remake
It's Resident Evil 4 in the old Locations.
You shoot zombies, who are mostly slow as fuck and not a danger to you 95% of the time in the head and then you walk to the next Zombie and do the same.

It's boring, it's generic, it's been made a hundred of times, there is nothing Special about it. It didn't do anything new at all.

Meanwhile in DL you have parcour and in DG you have the Horde. That's more new stuff than Resi 2 re

The zombie horde physics are revolutionary. Such complex enemy interactions have never been attempted in an open world before, and it's truly amazing. Bend Studio's programmers put a LOT of work into it and you'll see the results for yourself when we release the game on April 26th

His Argument was that zombies are shit.

That was his only Argument, that's my Point.
He's calling Zombie games shit for having zombies but doesn't do the same for other Zombie games.

Gee, another zombie game, yeah, this is truly something unique. GOTY for sure.

>they have a different name so it's ok!

>resident evil 2
>shot zombies in the head
Congratulations, you've just outed yourself as somebody who has literally never touched the game. Good job, champ.

>survival horror vs action with parkour
gee i wonder which one is more fun

>tries to Change the Topic as he realizes he's been btfo'd

Depends.

Everyone in this thread saying this game is good and that they're excited are literally just pretending to make sonyboys look retarded for liking such generic trash. nice thread

Kinda, but they announced it way too early and I've lost hype, also PS4 is covered in metaphorical dust. 2017 was a great year, GoW was fun, waiting for Spider-Man GOTY, about time for something new.
Why are you so angry, friend? And yes RE2 was really fun, you're not one of those people who autisticly screeches when you don't want people to like something, are you?

Attached: garfield.jpg (596x528, 192K)

lmao how am I changing the topic? it's literally the exact same subject matter.
Your kneejerk reaction to that claim pretty much just confirms the suspicions.
You haven't played the game, that's all I need to know, retard.

No you fucking stupid nigger, shooting zombies in the head in RE2make does jack fuck.
You haven't played the game, have you?

>NOOOOOOOOOO YOU SHOOT THEM IN THE LEGS NOT THE HEAD!

And I did Play it for 2 hours until I refunded it because it was so fucking boring. And that "Argument" has nothing to do with it being a generic Zombie shooter.

You call other games shit for having zombies but yet praise others for having zombies.
Braindead weeb.

>Resident Evil 2 Remake is just like any other zombie game, shoot them in the head.
youtube.com/watch?v=l2Cf-6vKVWg

Copied straight from the marketing deck, thanks user!

All shitposting aside, this shit genuinely looks boring as fuck
Like I can't tell if people are serious about it being amazing or anything, not just on here, but everywhere
It's like they tried chasing every shitty trend in the past 5 years in one game. Open world, romance motorcycle, zombies, basically a battle Royale, shit story, fake teammate ai, etc
But it's okay because it's Sony and there's money behind it

It paralyzes them for a few seconds and you can run past them.

More effective than wasting bullets by Shooting all of their limbs off.

Name 1 (one) good zombie game Yea Forums

Yeah it's because some games are better than others, and sometimes those good games just so happen to be made by japanese developers.
I'm sorry that upsets you so much. Why the hateboner for japan? Did a bunch of japs rape your family or something?

Dying light

>Infamous Second Son
they really love beanie hats i guess these Benders
me not so much

Attached: secondson_ban-890x606.jpg (890x606, 96K)

In my opinion? I actually think it's fucking generic but so is every genre
since basically everything has been done already. I'm still waiting for a good gameplay trailer
to see if it tries to do things different by spicing shit up

Sekiro is already out, you dummy

Attached: 1544977766992.gif (250x250, 1.89M)

And other anons also have the capability to come up with better arguments than "ZOMBIES BAD" before starting to defend another Zombie game.

its not zombies its freakers bro

Needs an easy mode before coming even close to being GOTY

>solid uncharted game

Lol

Are you actually trying to suck off Dying Light for having parkour mechanics?
If I recall correctly, that game released around the same time when all western devs were doing were just jerking themselves off to parkour movement.
Shit's oversaturated as fuck, there's absolutely nothing "revolutionary" about putting parkour in a game during that age.

Name some parkour games that came out in the last 5 years.

WTF looks terrible

You're forgetting that Resident Evil 2 is an idea that came out 21 years ago. It was more acceptable then.

>releasing new zombieshit after early 2010s

Attached: images.png (232x217, 9K)

yeah and we havent had WW2 shooters for 10 years as well but CoDWW2 and BF5 were still garbage

Not him but Mirror's Edge Catalyst lmao

Try any first person shooter that came out after Titafall.

Okay but those are new games while Resident Evil 2 Remake is a REMAKE of a game that came out 20 years ago.
Are you just acting dense on purpose to stretch this out as long as possible?
The lost the argument before it even begun.

Sony always wins baby.

Attached: cc794fbc067f5d8867f745e27185bd4b_400x400.png (400x400, 208K)

You mean the game that sold 500k copies?
2 games in 5 years, truly an oversaturated market.

If you think the gameplay of this or any of these fuckin games is fun, give yourself a real treat and go for a walk at night in say, san francisco - there's hundreds of people dedicated to enacting this mechanic in live action
>stand idle when nothing's happening
>can't seem to see you even right in front of them unless triggered
>will rear up and attempt to attack but simply moving away foils them
>can't really hurt you individually because of shambling movement and no senses

Why do you Keep mentioning resi 2 when the Remake is literally Resi 4 in the old Locations?
we've had plenty of over the shoulder Zombie tps in those last 20 years that make resi 2 re not impressive at all. it's a 6 hour long clunky Piece of shit Zombie shooter with nothing that makes it stand out.

Press Square to open trunk - The game

Titan Fall
Call of Duty Black Ops 3
Call of Duty Infinite Warefare
Dying Light
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Titan Fall 2
Apex Legends

Probably still missing a few.

>we've had plenty of over the shoulder Zombie tps in those last 20 years that make resi 2 re not impressive at all
Could you name a few?

>freakers

Attached: 1539640777942.jpg (363x363, 15K)

>grappling hooks, double jumps and sliding is parkour

Attached: photo.jpg (900x900, 60K)

>game from 20 years ago hasn't done anything new by today's standards
holy shit no way

Attached: 1527483901423.jpg (226x314, 11K)

Im honestly pretty interested in it. since it's at redbox I'll just drop a tenner on it for the weekend and see if it's fun. If it is I'll keep it, if not, fuck it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_video_games

there's about 500 more.

Attached: definition.png (427x86, 4K)

resi 2 re is from 3 months ago.

nice damage control

>jumping and sliding isn't parkour
based retard

Sup bitches, sup bitches.
It's chair wood

>wikipedia
Nah. Name them, please.

thanks for showing everyone that grappling hooks, sliding on the ground and double jumps aren't parkour

explain to me why a remake of a 20 year old product needs to break new grounds

You can't double jump in real life, sliding on the ground in a desert isn't parkour, using jetpacks to jump high isn't parkour as you're using assistive Equipment. See

>jumping and sliding isn't parkour
Okay, I'm curious. What drugs are you using right now?
Can I have some?

Attached: 1539503866318.gif (202x175, 1.86M)

they changed the camera and behaviour of mr. x
why not Change something else or add something new that makes it more interesting?

So tell me. What makes Days Gone the exception then?

YOU CANT DOUBLE JUMP IN REAL LIFE

SLIDING ON THE FUCKING GROUND ISNT PARKOUR WHEN THERE'S NO OBSTACLE TO GET AROUND.

god damn Retard by your Definition max payne is a parkour game because you can jump

>why not Change something else or add something new that makes it more interesting?
You literally just described that with the camera and mr x, you fucking special child.

oh yeah changing the camera perspective to that of Resident evil 4s is truly innovative, new and sets it apart from other games...............

not really, Retard.

Yes, changing the camera made the remake drastically different from the original ps1 game.
You'd be a moron in denial to say otherwise.

I don't care about days gone, it's about calling one game bad for having a Feature and yet praising another for the same Feature.

So if the Remake is drastically different from the original ps1 game why do you Keep bringing up the original when we discuss resi 2 re?

What feature? You mean the inclusion of zombies?
Resident Evil 2 Remake is based off a 20 year old game, kiddo.

But apparently it's drastically different compared to the original ps1 game, see

Because that's when the idea for the game was conceived, in 1998, before the market got overssatured in the 2010's.

So why didn't Capcom Remake another game, something that isn't oversaturated in todays market?

How does that change the fact that it's based off the ps1 game?

Attached: 1528737955129.png (349x446, 173K)

I actually forgot that I pre-ordered it.

I'm definitely going to play it though. Not extremely hyped, but will probably be enjoyable.

How does it Change the fact that in todays market it's just another Zombie game?

They showed how a real zombie game is made.
And of course, everyone turned their heads and came to acknowledge that RE2 was better than the rest.

It's excused because it's an idea that was conceived in the 90's and it's also better than every other aimless action game that labels itself as a "zombie game".

>everyone turned their heads and came to acknowledge that RE2 was better than the rest.
The Last of Us is still seen as the best Zombie game by the majority of People though?

I really like the weather in this game.

Yeah and that idea should have stayed in the 90s.
It does nothing new, nothing Special. why do you like it? because of nostalgia for a game you never played ?

You would have a point if it were an actual game.

REfags think their game is the next coming of christ, when really even normies agree that RE4 is the only thing that was even decent.

>It does nothing new, nothing Special.
It didn't have to. There was no need to rely on gimmicks, it just simply thrived off being a good game.

Fucking gottem.
We can now end this shit thread.

Attached: K4c69Yp.jpg (279x304, 29K)

>go on howlongtobeat
>tlou 16 hours, 90 minutes of cutscenes
>resi 2 7 hours, 80 minutes of cutscenes
Looks like Resi 2 is the actual movie here.

the STATE of snoyshils lmaoi

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 5.11.13 PM.png (1486x1420, 877K)

>Being excited for "Video Game:The Game"
Haven't seen a piece of Vidya this generic since Anthem.

Attached: D2nCahIX0AAsDfT.jpg (1000x752, 40K)

>over the shoulder Zombie survival shooter
>good

What do you get out of lying?

Attached: howlongtobeat.png (579x156, 86K)

Does that include all those moments where the characters just walk slowly and exchange dialogue while the player is forced down a hallway?

Are they gonna release a PS4 Pro bundle with this game included?

This looks so good yet so generic. It's just the same heading out, gathering supplies, kill humans, kill zombies, progress the story, repeat until end, then it's just discovering all camps and bases or whatever. I think it will become a good example of a "great game that nobody remembers".
Calling zombies other names and giving them gimmicks and unique skills has been done before. At least Horizon had robot dinosaurs which is much cooler

Wont TLoU2 win goty?

Go play FnaF VR snoy

Zombies, not-zombies, undead and the rest of their ilk are the lowest hanging fruit of the horror genre in every form of entertainment.

>8 hours and 80 minutes of cutscenes
vs
>16 hours and 90 minutes of cutscenes
>TLOU IS THE MOVIE!!!

I actually want to play it but I dont have a ps4.

Trying too hard, Xcuck.

It'll probably be OK.

It looks like the most average game ever made.

Looks like a fun game, sorry you bros won't be able to play it.

Will buy after discount and goty edition. Not being a sucker this time.

You are just an autistic retard with terrible taste.

Here you go user!
youtube.com/watch?v=b7Dl2aBONSQ

What the fuck do you even do in this game?

Attached: IMG_3441.jpg (280x259, 21K)

>Freakers
Actual cringe. Who thought that name was a good idea

Fight against the freaker hoard to save your friends

Attached: 1554274384188.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

No one thinks hes bland cuz hes 'white'. People think he's bland cuz he's got the short brown hair grizzled self-insert look of 2011 games. Nobody complained about leon in remake because he looks different enough. People are attracted to him, even. Meanwhile, nobody likes nu-chris redfield from RE7.

>weebs and sonygros hyping up zambie shootan while based Xchads play Halo and Ori

Attached: xbrop.png (488x663, 103K)

the vast majority of white people have brown hair

Nice “exclusives” you got there

Is that you Tim?

Since this is a dedotated zombie game thread, how's State of Decay 2? And how excited are you for Dying Light 2?

I am aware of that. If you're gonna have brown haired dude, at least make the overall character design more interesting. Bitch in OP looks like the fucking ride to hell guy. Better yet, if you're gonna subbscribe to the "majority appeal", then just make your character customizable. If your character is a self-insert, it should be custom, otherwise have an actual character design. The only excuse to not have one is in FPS games or non-stories.

Attached: tumblr_p2thpyRRhN1r7sijxo1_500.gif (500x271, 3.75M)

I'll gladly share Ori 2 and Halo Infinite with my fellow Windows 10 bros as long as I don't get forced to shill for trash like Gays Done.

Attached: 220d50b8d00bf57d1b7b1bc9c66a4fcac0d51a3c.jpg (487x498, 78K)

A mix of Deadrising with the unpredictability of Fallout. The fact that there's RNG in it, means no two play throughs will ever be the same.

There's RNG? I honestly hate that kind of shit. Just screams laziness to me.

Just remembered this was coming out this month and got hyped, thanks Yea Forums!