April 2019... I am forg- STILL THE BEST SPECTACLE FIGHTER! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

April 2019... I am forg- STILL THE BEST SPECTACLE FIGHTER! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Attached: mgrr.jpg (551x827, 89K)

are you fucking ok op

sequel when

ROOLS OF NAYTSJJJJUUUUUUURRRRRRRR

>SPECTACLE FIGHTER
Where do these meme names come from

Attached: 789.jpg (656x465, 26K)

PC Master Race meme man.

Still miles ahead combat wise than Sekiro.

AND IT WILL COME

Attached: 1542879390431.jpg (240x280, 40K)

wonderful 101>>>>

I wish more games had combat this fun. Every action game I have played after has just been a bit of a letdown.

Attached: 1533188708823.jpg (668x651, 111K)

It's also the best MGS game.

DMCV>>>>wonderful 101

>Worse than DMC
>Worse than NGB
>Worse than DMC3
>Worse than God Hand
>Worse than NG2
>Worse than DMC4
>Worse than Bayonetta 1
>Worse than W101
>Worse than Bayonetta 2
>you already know it sits inversely proportional to where DMC5 sits
>unironically less depth to it than DmC
MGR is an action game for people who dont play action games.
Please be trolling

I'd agree if it wasnt for the QTE's every 7 seconds

I liked DMC5. Not even a DMCfag, it was my first one.

Attached: 1553642243390.png (382x383, 181K)

Its trash. The shitty parry system ruins it, instead of a parry button the game just randomly parries when I attack enemies, meaning it takes no skill. Most fights I parried without even meaning to and won easily.

better & makes more sense than fucking "character action" at least.

The most hilarious part about this was when the demo released and first couple weeks, Yea Forums bitched so much about being unable to parry despite the mechanic being braindead. Really goes to show how terrible this place is, not to mention the WAAAAAAAH IMPOSSIBLE threads for fucking bladewolf of all fights

>thinking shitkiro is some deep combat game
MGR isn't as deep as bayonetta but has way more going for it than basic parries the game.

I liked MGS2 so of course nobody ends up liking it and they kneejerk so hard that 4 is just sucking Big Boss dick and amalgamating Raiden with Gay Fox.

Oh well at least Olga's babby didn't get swept under the rug.

What's a spectacle fighter? Don't you mean character action game?

I love the DMC series, but I honestly feel that Metal Gear Rising edges it out for it's speed, fluidity, and parry system.

Sekiro parries take proper timing, which MGR doesn't. Not to mention you dont restore your health to full even with both upgrades to the health on fatal blow. The minibosses alone present a greater challenge than Sam or Armstrong
You're absolutely retarded and should never think you have good opinions of action games.

cool but you have your general here
>

your welcome

>You're absolutely retarded and should never think you have good opinions of action games.

Oops I appear to have triggered you. Do you need a warm bottle of milky and perhaps some talcum powder for our disturbed anus?

Attached: 1550610287598.png (745x748, 882K)

Sekiro babbies get the FUCK off of Yea Forums

The combat is literally just dodge parry dodge parry and then a fucking telegraphed attack that automatically reduces an enemy life bar. Its literally fucking atari tier.

LIKE A FLOOD OF PAIN

I'm just stating facts, you can like MGR all you want and that's fine, just know it's not even close to DmC DE in terms of mechanics and is on the lower end of Platinums games

based

cringe and assblated pilled dmcbaby

And its still leagues better than Sekrio

fucking soulsbabs

I love it though and it's the best MGS

You got me there. It IS a much quicker game. I think the Parry system is kinda replicated by the clash system from DMC, though. I gotta replay MGR to be sure, though.

Imagine hating a series so much that you get triggered when people discuss it in comparison to another game in the same genre

Attached: 1476003116141.jpg (393x395, 30K)

I'm sorry to hear that despite beat Armstrong, Lady Butterly still gave you trouble. I'll pour one out for your lack of skill.
DMC? For sure.

>Stating facts
>about opinions of a video game

Are you sure I am the retard?

Attached: 1547144390308.png (512x512, 83K)

don't reply to me falseflaggin nigger

If you have to ask...

>falseflaggin nigger
Well fuck you too, buddy

Attached: 1274.png (1331x541, 193K)

>ITT platiniggers get BTFO for the thousandth time

KEK stay in denial Platishit kiddies. Keep quiet and enjoy your shallow buttonmashers in peace if you don't want to be fucking HUMILIATED like this again, it's for your own health...

Damn that is one cleaver comeback!

Try againYou can do better, I know you can.

Attached: 1540593672238.png (218x218, 106K)

>can't have MGR threads because dmcucks and sekiniggers start screeching how their games are better for having a general on Yea Forums

can you all drop this shit for real

Attached: 1527667713783.jpg (800x807, 340K)

its a useful term to separate the likes of dmc from souls and other games with stamina meters. you wouldnt call deus ex or system shock first person shooters either. fucking retard

>Someone actually took the time to write this post
I don't care if this post was ironic or not, but you seem to be putting way too much energy into this dick waving contest.

Perhaps you need a more healthy hobby?

Attached: Gtyeehaw+cringing+intensifies+_e2857ecf349c5942dbab655bc1276cec.jpg (480x640, 149K)

Seriously this. It's like trying to have a conversation with a 3rd grader who still doesn't understand that people can like other things.

Why dont you go back to your subreddit safe space niggers

keep crying nerd lmao
you got called out.

You're the one crying tho

Ya'll seem the be the ones getting triggered by different opinions. Just look at this tantrum you are throwing over the assumption that I have ever been to reddit.

I havestay mad snowflake

Attached: 1550706494741.jpg (517x800, 97K)

>calling others triggered after literally being triggered himself
project more lmao

keep crying nerd

Yea Forums is literally a DMC general, I'm sure it's like one or two power autists creating it all. I don't mind dmc but they throw shit in every thread then scapegoat barry. It's fucking stupid.

I will project till the heat death of the universe, but can you admit how mad you are right now? And over what?

Attached: psp-rats05.jpg (322x242, 58K)

There’s no S in the title

POURING DOWN ON ME

I fucking feel you

Attached: 1477905961198.png (205x223, 13K)

>Actually being this mad

Attached: 1533162276309.jpg (348x321, 19K)

ITT: Character Action Games

Attached: 514C0N93CXL.jpg (398x500, 40K)

>this is peak DMC discussion.
Yikes

Spectacle fighter is a retarded name for a genre

MGR was always trash the board forced itself to like to be counter-culture to DmC which released around the same time. That was literally the zeitgest behind its appeal, combat and parting was bland, alternate weapons arent interesting, enough QTE to make even Bayonetta 1 diehards roll their eyes. It's really not a good game, strictly mediocre, and everytime you bring it up the retards who played it as their first game repeat the same mantra of "just turn your brain off" because they cant defend their shitty title and instead move on to spamming lyrics with their fingers in their ears. Fuck you, faggots. Get some taste and play God Hand or DMC or Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden or something.

AND IT WILL NOT LET UP UNTIL THE END IS HERE

why are dmcfags gay

and what if I legitimately feel that MGR is the best action game I have ever played?

Please argue with me about how wrong my opinion is. Ya'll are fucking hilarious

No Yahtzee, the industry has dubbed those character action games

God Hand is in my top 3 favorite games of all time and I just got into DMC.
I still love MGR because it's fun. Shut the fuck up.

Attached: image0.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

>baby is mad he cant discuss his shitty game without people making fun of him
wahhhh

Then you don't understand what makes a good action game.

Please enlighten me.

>ywn fight Armstrong for the first time again

Attached: tfw no new america.jpg (1194x553, 90K)

>Sekiro parries take proper timing, which MGR doesn't.
Please be joking. Sekiro's parry windows are huge, which they have to be since it barely runs at 30fps on consoles and the gameplay revolves around that one mechanic. Perfect parries in MGR actually take a little skill.

Spectacle fighter makes me think of a burly boxer wearing old timey reading glasses

why did they give raiden high heels?
ain't he a guy?

Attached: 1552762574628.png (1000x1330, 1.22M)

That pic

Attached: 0571E6CA-6402-47EC-91B6-72134CE999C7.jpg (739x415, 30K)

People legitimately feel Marvel movies are better than anything in a century of cinema before it. You can give a pet water, but you cant force it to drink.

STANDING HEREEEE

The fluidity of having the come to a complete grounded stop and pause the game to switch weapons

shock absorbers I guess, and most likely necessary for the ninja run

ON THE EDGE

and obviously for the epic anime fantasy of slapping his sword to the heel and slashing with your legs

He may be baiting, it's true.
MGR is a great, fun game, but it's really, really simple. It doesn't make it worse, but it's a fact.

You mean Dudley?

You probably didn't play any other action games then. MGR is solid and fun but the near complete absence of air combos makes the game feel really limited, and perfect parrying is a really boring dominant strategy.

Armstrong is actually really hard with KB+M.

Right time presses > holding stick forward while attacking for auto-parries. Wide variety of enemies, minibosses, and bosses all have different windup times which makes parrying tricky despite the obvious telegraph, not to mention there are startup frames for parry/block in Sekiro where you're still vulnerable

I started MGR but so far it's more movie than game. When do the cutscenes stop and I actually get to play?

ok but why does it look like he's wearing a thong?

Attached: 1554808556293.png (403x276, 169K)

Yeah, that's exactly who I was thinking of but couldn't remember his name

Never, enjoy your multiple QTE every mission as well

Just call it hack n' slash like anyone who isn't mentally retarded.

>Great Soundtrack
>Good but no amazing Gameplay due to the lack of Quickswapping weapons
>DLC gives variety with Sam and what the fuck the Wolf is called I can't remember
It's a good game but it feels like Platinum really didn't wanna overwhelm MGS players who probably aren't used to Character Action games.

>MGR releases
>People getting ABSOLUTELY fucking hammered by bladewolf because they refused to learn to parry
>Armstrong assblasts dipshits that didn't both learning the fucking Zandatsu, a gigantic feature of the game
>People getting RAPED by armstrong left right and fucking center
>Months pass
>People come out of the woodwork with "Hurr Armstrong is easy" because they know how to fight him now and act like they didn't get shitter shattered like everyone else, or worse, they started on easy and wondered why people who started on hard that didn't get a chance to upgrade Sam's sword had trouble on hard.
>Sam DLC releases
>I frame cheesing isn't cheesing anymore because they expect you to do it with his arm charge
>People get assblasted again because spamming the dodge isn't a get out of jail free card anymore because they tightened the timings
Armstrong is the most magical boss out there, and they fact they tweaked him to fuck with shitties in the DLC puts him up there with the likes of Vergil 3 in my eyes

Attached: 1553140165752.jpg (462x377, 56K)

Spectacle Fightan makes Testicles lightan

>SPECTACLE FIGHTER
how to spot a zoomer with 2 words

That was more an issue of the game tutorial outright explaining parrying wrong than anything else.

>completely fuck every boss in the mouth
>Monsoon cockblocks me every single time I replay because he's more of a "do this exactly how we want you to do it" boss
Every fucking time. I can no-hit everyone else.

>retards dont know how to play the game therefore it makes the game good
Absolute brainlet. I guess the tutorial fights of Sekiro already make it game of the century then from all the bitching.

>Every fucking time. I can no-hit everyone else.

Attached: axqicju3snl11.png (989x1334, 1.59M)

>you wouldnt call deus ex or system shock first person shooters
yes you would autismo

Hey, could you not respond to me if you're going to get asshurt over your perceived slight over your 6th from title in a decade? Thanks.
I never said it was good because people didn't know how to play, I simply stated the asshurt he generated was entertaining, Armstrong is still a fun boss, autist.

No thanks, you're entitled to like whatever you want.

>Game doesn't have NG or DMC on the cover
>"WHY ISN'T IT NG OR DMC"
Every fucking time, and now Sekiro niggers join they fray because they think anyone gives a shit

Attached: 1552682545901.jpg (500x560, 79K)

>you wouldnt call deus ex or system shock first person shooters either
Yes you would

Nah, Yahtzee is right, spectacle fighter is better.

maybe if you're a raging homosexual

Or maybe if you're a fucking retard who doesn't realize that hack'n'slash is supposed to refer to Diablo style games.

AND
IT
WILL
COME

IN THE DARKEST DAY

which is why DMC and the likes should be called beat em ups
i'll take hack n slash over whatever these zoomers have been calling it though

THROUGH MY FINAL HOUR

>SPECTACLE FIGHTER!

Attached: 1547227345430.jpg (300x300, 19K)

IN MY FINAL HOUR

imagine having this thought process

Attached: dan.png (400x400, 263K)

GOLDEN RAYS OF THE GLORIOUS SUNSHINE

>WAAAAAAHHHH WHY CANT I ENJOY MY MEDIOCRITY IN PEACE DESOITE LOUDLY ADVERTISING I LOVE MEDIOCRITY ON Yea Forums THE VIDYA WHERE I WILL BE NITPICKED TO DEATH EVEN IF I WANT TO TALK ABOUT DEUS EX OR STALKER

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LITTLE BITCH YOU KNEW IT WAS COMING YOURE LIKE A WHITE TRASH WHORE WHO COMPLAINS SHE WAS RAPED WALKING DOWN A DARK ALLEY WEARING TRASHY CLOTHES AND A 'RAPE ME' SIGN AS WELL

>DMC and the likes should be called beat em ups

Attached: brrrr.jpg (1462x2046, 121K)

Autism: the post

HEAT OF THE DESERT

MGR is a mediocre action game elevated by having the GOAT soundtrack

>wojak posting zoomer
exactly who i figured the 'spectacle fighter' audience was

>DMC3
>NGB

Fixed,

I DID MY TIME

DMC plays like a 3D version of beat em ups so it make sense to call it that. Most of the game consists of moving between different arenas that lock you in and don't let you progress until you kill all the enemies. Slapping a ranking system doesn't magically change the core gameplay loop.

SETTING DOWN SUCH A BLOODRED LIGHT

Attached: 1522802313632.jpg (500x573, 281K)

AND IT WILL NEVER REST UNTIL THE CLOUDE ARE CLEAR

>SPECTACLE FIGHTER
That's the most retarded thing I've heard all day.

gruhhh... simple equals bad...

Attached: 535DF7C1-C798-464D-ACB2-0EB99C6B1AF5.png (211x239, 31K)

Pray more action games then brainlet-san

You fucking retards. You don't beat things up in DMC games, you kill them. Hack n' slash is literally the most apropros term you can use for it.

NOW THE ANIMALS SLOWLY RETREAT TO THE SHADOWS, OUT OF SIGHT

>parroting yatzee of all people

>The combat is literally just dodge parry dodge parry
stop pretending you played the game you absolute souls brainlet

ARID BREEZE BLOWS ACROSS THE MOUNTAINS
GIVING FLIGHT TO THE BIRDS OF PRAY

>You fucking retards. You don't beat things up in DMC games

Attached: image.png (354x364, 177K)

>You don't beat things up in DMC games, you kill them.
You kill things in beat em ups too. Even if you're getting into retarded semantics about fists vs sword every single DMC game has a punch/kick weapon.

MGR is better than DMC4 purely for it's second half not being a literal copy and paste

Hack n' Slash is a term derived from a playstyle for DnD, you dumb nigger. It refers to Diablo-type games.

I did stormbringer with kbm and armstrong was easier than monsoon and 9/11 man to me

Lol no, 4 has a couple big faults but it's still a better game than MGR. Longer, too

>You should try fighting for what you believe in sometime, Jack. Not for a company, or a nation, or for anyone else.

Attached: empowered wojak.jpg (646x720, 25K)

Attached: 1511324281218.png (800x833, 490K)

I love both games but MGR also has the problem of it being obvious that the budget ran out halfway through the game. The last three chapters are just playing through an earlier level in reverse and then two boss fights.

what does forg-still mean?

Yahtzee

Thankfully that name didn't caught on. Sounds like shit.

meme game

Great Soundtrack, Great Bosses, Great Memes
Weak environments, enemies, and combat depth compared to peers

DMC3 > MGR > Sekiro > power gap > DMC4 > DMC5 > power gap > God Hand > NG > Bayonetta

>muh complex systems
Play some fighting games from time to time, scrubs. Maybe then you'll realize that ability to combo mobs is not some great game design achievement and single player game should have way more aspects to it.

Attached: 62c4628630b615ddb924d3b182eaf503.jpg (500x708, 68K)

felt clunky as fuck when i played it
dmc is smooth

You still kill with those weapons and they are only secondary weapons to begin with. The primary weapon is always a sword.

I don't give a shit what you call Diablo playstyle, faggot. It applies to DMC as well.

IN THE DISTANCE MACHINES COME TO TRANSFORM EDEN, DAY BY DAY

>DMC4 over 5
>or even over 3
Why the fuck?

Attached: 1545902710651.jpg (400x524, 91K)

This is the most retarded post in the thread.

You're dumb as frick.

He runs on the balls of his feet. Heals are for grabbing his sword and heel kicking

4 doesn't have shitty "mash random buttons and get sss ranks all the way to DMD" V missions.
Otherwise they're both games where the only area that wasn't completely half assed was the combat system.

Based

How isn't deus ex a first person shooter

>ya'll
HARD YIKES AM I RIGHT FELLOW REDDITOR
HAHAH AT WHAT HOUR DOES NARWHAL BACON
LOL UPDOOTED AND GIFTED Yea Forums PLATINUM MY FRIEND, USE IT WELL :)

Wow, you are legitimately autistic

>name dropping God Hand
>the most forced, counter culture game in the entire genre

lol

Attached: sigh.webm (1088x720, 1.51M)

>anime avatar has terrible post
Checks out

Caught you mirin'

lrn2 smoke grenades, humman

no

Attached: 1553107605330.webm (600x338, 1.21M)

Don't try to make us believe you can do guard flying yourself.

God Hand is a cult classic, not counter culture you retard. You know what would be counter culture? If people started saying PN03 was a good game. God Hand has unconventional controls, but everything else about it is good

UNTIL IT FINDS MY DREAMS HAVE DISAPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARED

Weebs run this shithole, reddit scum.

Attached: 1554069382996.png (590x848, 695K)

Stop having fun!

>SPECTACLE FIGHTER

Attached: 1531638439365.jpg (450x450, 29K)

gimme the Asura's Wrath Blu ray

>mobiletrash weeb image
I love it, thanks for continuing to prove my point.

>getting triggered by weeb images

Attached: images.jpg (243x208, 10K)

He got triggered by mobile not weeb as he should. Mobile is for scum.

>worse than all of these good games
>somehow that means it's also not a good game
You can say DMC is worse than Bayonetta or vice versa but that doesn't mean either one is a bad game. They're all great. Miss me with that retardation.

>reading that much into a reaction pic
Sounds like you just looking for a way to get mad.

Literally almost nothing about it is good and it's not a cult classic at all, it's the very definition of counter culture. Only this place worships that turd and it's largely thanks to the work of 1 autist with a youtube channel.

>OP declares it's the best
>say it's not
>UH ACTUALLY NO ONE SAID IT WAS THE BEST LIKE OMG IT CAN STILL BE GOOD
shut up clown, backpedal off a cliff

ONLY LOVE IS WITH US NOW, SOMETHING WARM AND PURE

>nothing about it is good
Thank you for confirming you haven't played it, your posts are t worth replying to from this point on but as a reminder to other newfags, God Hand has been discussed on this site for over a decade now. It's not some new thing, so dont embarass yourself like this one user

FIND THE PEACE WITHIN OURSELVES, NO NEED FOR A CUREE

>it's time for jack to let er rip!

Attached: 4624646246.jpg (500x327, 50K)

>DMCfags

Attached: Shut up.webm (900x506, 755K)

>misquoting

Classic God Hand retard.

>didn't caught
You don't get to have opinions about my language, Huemonkey.

Because there can only ever be one opinion, right?

>NGfags are out of the woodwork now too
The biggest retards of the cuhrazy genre. Claiming their game is so hard core when you can spam flying swallow into ultimate through entire game and never have problem with it. All the bosses suck too.

American education