Why did it never get as much attention as Bioshock when it's just a better game?

Why did it never get as much attention as Bioshock when it's just a better game?

Attached: prey.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YsNvKISFFVA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

most people are playing shit like fortnite or dota 2

the ONLY thing bioshlock had going for it was the 20s decor, the game itself is terribly overrated and it would have gotten 2s or 3s out of 10 if the art was different

it's a single player video game in the era of battle royales and movie games

sekiro

Because we'd already played Bioshock 3 fucking times and Prey did literally nothing new or original.

Only Yea Forums cares about Sekiro

Because it's not a better game.

Reboot that came from a cancelled sequel of a much loved game. If they had disassociated it from Prey from the start, I could have seen it being better received.

Bioshock was just a dumbed down System Shock 2, I don't know why anyone liked it

>Prey did literally nothing new or original.
What new things did Bioshock do besides poorly copying System Shock and set it underwater?

I usually love these games but I couldn't stand the garbage music and bland shadow enemies
LGS they are not

No one remembers the original Prey

The original thing was that it had good map design, unlike bioshock

>much loved game
???

then why wasnt prey a massive success? and why was there numerous people boycotting the game?

Why did they even bother calling it Prey anyway? I love the game but I see no reason to pick that for the title.

because people were to pissed about it not being Prey 2

>why was there numerous people boycotting the game?
I'll take things take never happened for $500, Alex

Because it had no marketing. Bioshock had a good amount of advertising and hype culture cancer going for it.

to keep ips in case they want to use them later or they just believe letting an ip expire makes your company look bad
i suspect thats why Rage 2 is even a sequel to Rage

westerners don't want to play an asian protagonist, even if he's only half asian

then why use the name?

Original Prey-Fans hate them for it, and new players won't associate anything with it. The game could have been called TYPHON for all they care and it would've changed nothing

Literally nothing, which is why Prey was such a bad fucking idea.

It was aping something that was already aping something else resulting in the least original gruel imaginable.

Ahahahahahaha

>Original Prey-Fans hate them for it
Oh no, not all those 5 people!

>I don't know why anyone liked it
Certain foods I used to like a lot 30 years ago are no longer being made. However, I sometimes buy closest modern day analogs, even though they are not as good in my opinion.

Attached: 1404162325514.jpg (1920x1080, 486K)

Prey wasn't aping Bioshock, it's basically System Shock with more freedom to traverse the map

I was looking towards prey 2 and those e3 trailers for it looked amazing. when I saw it getting cancelled and then be repurposed into a soulless bioshit clone I woved not to buy it or even pirate it. simple as

Autism. Prey 2 being cancelled didn't have anything to do with this game.

A dumbed down great game is still a good game. The world doesn't work on some black and white scale.

Nigger it wasn't repurposed. This game was far into production before they ever even considered slapping the Prey name on it. They did so to keep the rights to the IP.

Everything about your posts screams underaged faggot with no understanding of intellectual property who never even played the original Prey, and is just looking for manufactured outrage to pad out your lacking personality.

I'm pretty sure they all but confirmed that NuPrey was under the title of "Typhon" until the last minute.

Even though I would have enjoyed Prey 2, the upsetting thing about it wasn't the loss of what was probably going to be an underperforming if unique game, but the way the devs got screwed as hard as they did.

Arkane didn't deserve that baggage, but hey, there it is.

NuPrey is a refinement of the Bioshock formula. It's not System Shock, (or System Shock 2, which were radically different.)

It's also unironically good. It made a decent compromise between being simple enough to sell for newbies and complicated enough to enjoy for veterans.

cuz it milked the name of a better game that actually deserved a sequel not a rip off

fuck off retard it's people like you who disregarded it because of a fucking name

seriously, I hate you. this game is so fucking good and you can't look past it sharing a name with a game you kinda liked from ten years ago. OG prey is good don't get me wrong tho. but again, fuck you.

Attached: 1482473842101.jpg (454x445, 35K)

Came out at the wrong moment

Masterpiece imo

>blowing up the station is supposed to be the “bad ending”
>everyone on talos 1 has neuromods and every nuerimod has Typhon in it
Explain how it’s wrong

Prey is the only SysShock2 clone that actually builds upon the formula and introduces new elements.
Shame that you can easily break the game in half with human mods.

why did system shock 2 sell 60k copies when it's better than both

prey would have probably been my goty if it had good enemy design.

>Why did it never get as much attention as Bioshock when it's just a better game?
because it was marketed as call of duty in space
whoevere was in charge of at zenimax was an idiot

>dumbed down version of a great game is bad
>implying prey was any better

Lol top retard.

Because a little game called Half-Life came out at the same time.

>Why did it never get as much attention as Bioshock
i wonder why youtube.com/watch?v=YsNvKISFFVA

Attached: 1523359087172.jpg (570x474, 11K)

i got bored soon after i got my first spacewalk quest

I've been in threads when it was announced. It was a huge uproar. You can probably check archive or search forums.

This. I played demo on Xbox 360 back in 2004 and it was shit.

If anything would cause people to boycott the game, it would be denuvo.

>much loved
By all of three people.

It's the bad ending because Alex is looking for a Typhon that's able to empathize with humans and there's no way of knowing if a Typhon that chooses to blow up the station does so because he understands it's saving Earth or even understands the concept of what "Earth" is and how there's more humans on it, or if it's blowing the station because it looks like the best option to get rid of all hostiles in the area.

Prey is one of the best games this gen. Arkane already admitted that late in production Bethesda suggested using the name. All the asshurt over the original and the E3 demo of the cancelled sequel is retarded. Incidentally, that demo looked nothing like the first game but no one cared then, so I don't see why people get so uppity about Arkane's game.

If you fags had bought it maybe we'd get more immersive sims, instead of whatever multi-player shit Arkane is working on now.

>prey (2006)
>much loved game

>immersive sim
>setting is boring as shit

Gameplay is okay, but everything else about the game sucks

because its pretty boring and the jump scare gimmick ruins it

>jump scare
Aren't you supposed to be in your True Horror™ threads, singing praises to excruciatingly slow crawling from one designated hiding spot to another and not being able to even look at the Big Scary Monster™?

Bethesda sends Arkane developed games out to die. I think it's some kind of sick joke. Someone at Arkane must have been the guy who laughed at Todd Howard's dreams as a kid.

>I think it's some kind of sick joke
Or they don't want there to be any good competition. If there's no one out there looking actually good they won't make you look bad in comparison. It's not like BioWare was posing any real threat in the last 10 years.
And it's ZeniMax anyway, I doubt even the ebin mountain climb meme man has as much say as them.

>And it's ZeniMax anyway, I doubt even the ebin mountain climb meme man has as much say as them

I was only joking about Todd. Arkane is just low enough on the totem pole where Zenimax is willing to experiment with minimal marketing on their releases.

Very soulful game. Too bad about the loading screens though.

As long as they keep it like that and don’t interfere with them, I’d be happy.

Won’t happen though

Not marketed well enough, single player focused in an era where playing with 12 year olds is all the rage, and uses the Prey name when it should be it's own IP and not remind people of what could've been.

And it actually was quite well received, 9/10 on steam with 11000 reviews on steam alone, Bioshock had a better story and atmosphere, it also was released in a different much forgiving time.

Attached: 135765243166326.jpg (406x364, 41K)

Fuck this.
I liked Prey and a bunch of anti-shills here called me a shill cuck for liking it because the dev was SJW.

>he
Why not play the cute female protag?

Nigger there were like 2 or 3 jumpscares in the whole game

>jump scare gimmick ruins it
The mimic disguise was one of the best things about the game.
The fact that a fucking coffee mug could be a potential threat was genius

Attached: Ben_(Full_Throttle).jpg (260x195, 7K)

Look at this cuck

Because it looked bland as fuck. I've seriously never seen a more boring looking game world. Bioshock at least had a unique look to it.

I'm sure Human Head's employees are more than 5 people, maybe they're around 6.

Two enemy types, a black crab and a walking black blob. It's boring. What were they thinking? Why couldn't they just add more enemy types?

>Funcom will never stop fucking up TSW

>two enemy types
t. played the game for one hour

>Henry Joseph Darger Jr. (/ˈdɑːrɡər/; c. April 12, 1892 – April 13, 1973) was a reclusive American writer and artist who worked as a hospital custodian in Chicago, Illinois.[1] He has become famous for his posthumously discovered 15,145-page, single-spaced fantasy manuscript called The Story of the Vivian Girls, in What Is Known as the Realms of the Unreal, of the Glandeco-Angelinian War Storm, Caused by the Child Slave Rebellion, along with several hundred drawings and watercolor paintings illustrating the story.

There's an entire chapter on him in Beautiful Fighting Girls

oh fuck wrong thread

Attached: nah.png (488x331, 271K)

space is boring and overused, underwater city like Rapture isn't

almost no marketing

Because it isn't

what game is this

No one cares about the original, stop pretending you do
You only care that the vapourware prey 2 got canceled and you want to blame something so you take it out on a game because it uses the name prey

Originally it was supposed to be called Typhon. Would've been a less confusing and less generic title.

Not being called Psychoshock was the real mistake