Is this the power of a PC gamer??

Is this the power of a PC gamer??

Attached: 0F1316FA-35EA-43F3-AA27-A8DBDC104B78.jpg (1242x1376, 584K)

You got called a noob for all of that too
Getting called a faggot for cheating is a core part of what it means to be a gamer too

He's not wrong about personal choice being important, but there has never been a time in vidya history where you wouldn't have been called a faggot for saying you beat a game with cheats on.

"gamers" is not a thing
stop trying to make it a thing

choosing to cheat because you are incapable of understanding simple game mechanics is not "choosing how to play"
you have to be mentally rotted in some way to not get it

>winner of the most punchable face award three years in a row

Attached: evan-lahti.jpg (256x256, 43K)

I hate that dude but he has a fucking good point.
Plus all old PC games had cheats integrated, all of them.

>personal attacks
>gatekeeping
>culture war
>hate

Strawberry generation, everyone.

Attached: Untitled 1.jpg (628x701, 231K)

>He's not wrong about personal choice being important, but there has never been a time in vidya history where you wouldn't have been called a faggot for saying you beat a game with cheats on.
Name a single person who finished Turok 2 with cheats.

Also, why the fuck do Americans refer to finishing games as "beating" them?

Hahaha looks like a cocksucking faggot sodomite

What a giant faggot

what?
you didn't think that he wrote this shite because he has an opinion right?
he wrote it because his clique is running this narrative

Someone post the compilation. I refuse to have this faggot on my HDD.

There are quite a few games I only finished with cheats on. But I was a literal child and still understood that I wasn't actually beating the game or getting the full experience.

Attached: 1542758506642.gif (360x360, 1.5M)

>Name a single person who finished Turok 2 with cheats.
Did you mean "without"?

>Also, why the fuck do Americans refer to finishing games as "beating" them?
I assumed everyone did this. That's been common vidya vernacular since like the 80s.

He wrote it because he was paid to play devil's advocate.

uh huh

The fact that he tried to invoke 1984 at the end literally made me gag. Disgusting hypocrite.

do games even have cheats anymore? I can't remember the last game with legit cheat codes

If you weren't so new you'd remember when the meme was popular.

>I assumed everyone did this. That's been common vidya vernacular since like the 80s.
I'm pretty sure it's a weird overhang of how Americans tended to always conflate videogames with sports. They refer to videogames as being a sort of contest where the point of the game is to overcome a challenge and "win".

You don't "beat" Planescape Torment. You don't "beat" Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Play how you want, but don't be a faggot about it. I cheated with trainers all the time as a kid, yet he goes and makes it a big spectacle.

This kind of asshole would write an article in the past about how using a Game Genie is virtuous and shit, justifying how much he sucks at playing Super Mario Bros.

Every individual working for PCG needs to be killed

uh huh

Is he the same guy who wrote the Seikiro article about using cheats and “feeling fine”?
I’ll say he has a point that cheats are part of gaming. There are some parts where it’s ok and others where it’s not but that depends from person to person.
This however, usually happens. People will call someone a faggot for not playing the game without cheats.

Haven’t read the article but I will say I hate the title of the article because it added the “I feel fine for using cheats” at the end which makes it sound smug.
I will say they’re good at making click-bait titles that get people’s shit in a twist so I guess they got me there.
Anyone who kicks up a shit storm to send threats to a person for a article about using cheats in games are shitters though

If you care at all what people have to say about you then you simply aren't cut out to be an Elite Cheat Chad and you should stop gaming and kill yourself.

Evan has always been a faggot. PCGamer in general stopped being good in like 1999.

Fpbp
When someone calls you a faggot for cheating it's the best because you know for sure they are mad and can't do anything about it

Seconding the compilation, he's a gigantic faggot that supports every cancerous practice imaginable.

This dude fucks

This cunt's opinion is worthless.

Attached: 1536375633478.jpg (1299x1169, 507K)

fuck pc gamers, they need to cheat to win, use hacks online, hell early pc games it was okay to save scum. why even play games anymore if you need THIS much of a crutch

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.

How can a man be so wrong all the time hahah

>what is gameshark

FromSoft needs to develop exclusively for Sony. Pc gamers are cancer

Holy fuck, his face is the definition of punchable

He was right about RTS though.

>i'm a pc gamer
>i can mod my game any way i want
>but if you tell me i shouldn't, that's gatekeeping REEE
ok

If you get paid to review a gane you should do it while playing like your average Joe. Thats like reviewing a fully modded Stalker that fixes alot of bad things and adds a lot compated to the base game which most people will play unmodded.

In short your opinion on the game will be worthless.

yeah, it's prob shit like that that is resulting in the backlash
I botted and hacked all the time in RuneScape and MapleStory to sell gold for USD, but I made sure to keep my bots hidden as well as possible, because once you piss off the legits, you're going to get fucked

This guy's got him beat.

Attached: 1A87882K_400x400.jpg (400x400, 25K)

This has absolutely nothing to do with reviews.

Nah, that guy looks like he's at the very least ashamed of how much of a loser he is, Evan has an air of smug superiority.

No. You're just a moron. Single player video games (with endings) were literally designed as a challenge to players. Sports? Stupid ass. You don't beat basketball.

Why is gatekeeping a bad thing?

arr rook the same

it isn't but it goes against their inclusivity dogma

It isn't, but it is the "Bad word of the week", so you're gonna hear that a lot.

do poople actually watch blatant ad revenue trash like this?

>able bodied man cant beat sekiro without cheating
>brags about it
>acts surprised when people shit on him
how soon is this pansy going to transition?

Cheats are for fucking around with, not for using to finish a game and claiming it's a legitimate way to complete the game.

You don't "finish" Flight Simulator either, fagmo.

if cheating is bad, then how come its a bannable offense?

Attached: 1463258805592.png (397x402, 357K)

?

good*

fuck I need sleep

god damn evan is such baby face