Okay this is getting out of hand now

Okay this is getting out of hand now.

Attached: sekiro easy mode.png (647x604, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IKpA9WM0XSs
youtube.com/watch?v=tso8u4OJLuI&t=5s
youtu.be/tso8u4OJLuI
twitter.com/InsideGaming/status/1115420146556751873
youtube.com/watch?v=hC4F6ctEO4g
youtu.be/bETXq57UQ_8
youtube.com/watch?v=tso8u4OJLuI
youtube.com/watch?v=g2U_7GVHZhI
youtube.com/watch?v=2qVeB_4p0go
youtube.com/watch?v=Kw34SaFOATk
youtube.com/watch?v=YfFF76c1ER0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Did nothing wrong
>Apologizes
Based retard.

Attached: 1534570883369.jpg (600x552, 196K)

who

What exactly are they apologizing for?

For being on the wrong side of history

>apologizing to twitter SJWs
the most retarded thing you could ever do

When will this end? We're at the point where devs are being shit on for making games.

Attached: GameJournalistPlaysSekiro.gif (310x175, 1.89M)

Video game controversies are getting dumber and dumber
who fucking cares

I disagree completely. You deserve all the shit you get for having such blatantly shitty opinions and trying to force video games to cater to YOUR needs despite the fact you never play video games

>one singular dissenting voice is shouted into conformity
great

if artists don't have to compromise for inclusivity, why should game devs
kendrick lamar didn't write TPAB for white people and it's still an amazing album

for being cited to own gamejournos who then, presumably, went straight to that site to tell them about all the mean twitter replies they got about it.

they won't touch the quadriplegic thing with a ten foot pole but they can get the other article people used against them to bend the knee at least

>Our intend wasn't to say "It shouldn't have an easy mode"
>The title of the video is "Sekiro doesn't need an easy mode"
Come again?
Oh they've gone full faggot backpedal. Good for them.

Anyway, exclusivity is fine. People can change. Encouraging people to git gud in order to get rewarded is a positive thing overall because the git gud mentality can help you overcome IRL struggles, in addition to in-game ones.

Negativity is only bad if you consider it in isolation. But with anything, you have to consider not just the thing itself, but the space it occupies. If Negativity is replacing, say, whiny fucks who don't want to get good, then the negativity is better overall.

Attached: question mark.jpg (500x657, 16K)

fuck these pussies
if you're not gonna stand behind your opinion, you keep your fucking retarded nigger mouth shut

>shitters have successfully managed to like "easy mode" with "accessibility options" and now you're a bigot that hates handicapped people if you try and argue against it
I love this age of subterfuge and irony.

Attached: 1406498819028.jpg (500x501, 57K)

>if artists don't have to compromise for inclusivity, why should game devs
Because Artists won't bend under pressure but game devs will.
Your artistic integrity is not protected by a document, or the deeds of your ancestors, or the free market, or the court of public opinion.
Your artistic integrity is protected by the knowledge that, should people try to take it from you, you will FIGHT BACK. With INSULTS.

>be hot shit of the month, either popular due to gameplay or infamous due to difficulty from the developer know for above average difficult games
>everyone wants to cash in on this fotm and join the party
>it's too hard for the average player
>single player so you can't ask for help
>makes noise because the game isn't catered for you
Only their fault

ME WANT PLAY HARD POPULAR GAME TOO

ITS NOT FAIR MOMMY I WANNA PLAY TOOO!!!! MOMMY!!!!!

Let's assume they're right, and that being shit is a handicap.
There are people who fake handicaps all the time as a form of insurance fraud.
I have no doubt that there are people out there who would have a much harder time beating these games than the average person. The quadriplegic lad, for example.
But disability assistance is a double-edged sword, and people who are perfectly capable but who are selfish lazy liars can use it to get rewards but not put in their fair share, ending up as a burden to everyone else.
Assuming being bad at games is a disability.
You'd have to verify that the people in question actually ARE bad at games, and not just too lazy to improve.
Because I've played a ton of multiplayer games with a ton of people. And yes, there are legit Sub-60IQs out there. Most of them are from Latin American or South-east Asian IPs. I can understand them needing assistance.
But other people are just WILLINGLY bad.
They go AFK mid-game for stupid reasons. They use "It's fun" as an excuse for playing sub-optimally. They will -beg for fucking help- in game, but reject if that help comes in the form of telling them how to make better decisions. They think that small, simple changes to their loadout that will greatly increase their effectiveness is exclusively for upper-tier elitists, and they outright reject the idea of staying aware of their surroundings. Not that they -can't-, they just -don't want to-.
These aren't the people who wish they could live a normal life.
These are the people who see a normal life, see that it takes effort of which they are capable but unwilling, and have decided to lie to themselves and those around them, while still begging for the rewards.
That is disability fraud.
I'd wager at least some of the Journalists out there CAN beat the game on normal, but just want it to be easier because they are lazy.
That is also disability fraud.
And fuck them for encouraging it.

Attached: this.png (318x304, 2K)

Reminder that "accessibility" and "inclusion" are nothing but a smokescreen being falsely used to twist their stance to let morality justify it in a snake-like maneuver that has no valid basis. Don't entertain even using those words to describe it as the more they do so the more the argument shifts and the meaning is frayed and blurred, videogames cannot be exclusionist through challenge by their very nature.

It's disgusting that they're getting away with using disabled people as a shield for their easy mode whining.

Attached: 1547344953104.png (640x360, 218K)

Or, are they going to say that it's hatred against handicapped people that you check if a person is actually disabled?
Much like how it's hatred against rape victims if you check if a woman isn't just lying about the sex?
Because that shit can die in a fire, co-opting the struggles of people who are actually having a hard time so you can lie and manipulate others is a scumbag move.
... They're going to do it aren't they.
God damn it.

Attached: angery.jpg (215x234, 4K)

thats kind of demeaning to assume disabled people want a different experience

Now they will smell blood in the water and demand people get fired
This is how GOG lost all it's half-decent people

>have genuine cognitive/comprehension issues
>can play action games/reaction time based stuff, just can't play more mentally intensive strategy games
>just write them off as games that aren't for me, make peace with it
>nobody is using me as an i win button in arguments
should I try to get an opinion piece on Polygon calling for easy modes in strategy games? Though honestly I think the focus on popular action games is because those are the only popular games now and they generate the maximum amount of ad revenue from hate clicks.

Are puzzle games like Baba Is You amd Professor Layton harder for you because of that?

Yeah it's actually kind of ironic, I struggle with cutesy, mild appearing, inoffensive games, but excel in the hyper violent or competitive stuff. Only puzzle game I've ever been able to play is Tetris.

cdpr cucks lol

Inside Gaming, but not the legitimate Inside Gaming team the new interns or whatever the fuck

>should I try to get an opinion piece on Polygon calling for easy modes in strategy games?
(((Paradox Interactive))) and Firaxis Games already have you covered senpai.

It's so fucked up. I felt subconscious about my intelligence when all my friends would play games like that, I'm not invincible to feeling bad about it. But the healthy message should be you're not excluded just for being unable to participate, there's plenty out there for you you ARE good at. Giving me an easy mode and patting me on the head is just patronizing.

>Normalfags avoided Dark Souls like the plague because of scary Prepare 2 Die and 'git gud' memes
>Now the masses are playing Sekiro as an excuse to "finally get into the series"
>buttblasted it's still hard and unforgiving

Fuck all of them.

Attached: accessibility_in_gaming.gif (260x284, 1.02M)

>its another "Yea Forums thinks games journalist hold any sort of power or sway in the industry" episode

Attached: 1554462210185.jpg (267x299, 16K)

I won't read that until they write it out again using more easy to read words.

I understand where you are coming from. But you have to understand that your desire to achieve a victory through great effort is NOT the majority audience. You are in a very small minority, with your desire to still achieve things.
There are still games out there for you to practice your thinking.
But the vast majority of people actually DO want the easy mode. They want to be patted on the head and say "Good boy!" when they perform basic tasks.
It's less that you're being excluded for your inability, it's more that you're excluded because you have to actually -try-, and seeing someone actually -try- to achieve things is humiliating to your average person that wants their 1 a day login reward.
Am I explaining this clearly enough? I'm sorry if I'm not.

They've already managed to frame it as a matter of catering to disabled gamers. You bet your ass the next FromSoft game is having a babby mode in it, especially if they're working with a huge publisher like Activision again.

But Dark Souls I, II and III already HAVE a babby mode! It's playing the game normally!
What, are they aiming for a fetus mode?

Who is this from? Don’t post a link just a name is fine.

>You bet your ass the next FromSoft game is having a babby mode in it, especially if they're working with a huge publisher like Activision again.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha holy fuck you're stupid.
Do you want to know the only thing that Activision put into the game? Literally the subtitle "Shadows Die Twice" and the team liked it anyway.

From isnt going to do anything they dont like and they arent going to take a contract where they're forced to make a game they dont want to make.

Sounds like you're being discriminated against. That's bullshit, user, we should let those devs know that we won't stand for their bigotry

>sell millions because you make uniquely challenging action adventure games
>some people complain on twitter

welp i guess thats it, better pack up the franchise

Have an easy mode but label it "bitch baby mode" and have the character wear a bib and a ribbon on their head to showcase they little bitches they are.

Yeah, as fun as it is to shit on opinions that suck, it's not like difficult games are going to stop existing. Easy modes are extra dev time in a high-pressure industry, and non-lazy easy modes even moreso, and there is a carved market niche for difficult games.

No you're explaining it plenty clear. I don't have reading comprehension issues, it's just strategy and abstract logic problems I have. I think you're right though, audiences expect metered, automatic rewards through meta-systems rather than intrinsic satisfaction from gameplay accomplishments.

>playing puyo puyo tetris
>have disability mode on
>get 4x combos from single puyo stacks cuz i need my idiot crutch
>salty japanese people swear at me

>Implying Japan gives a fuck about that
>Implying From isn't the one with the power in this situation
More like if a huge publisher like Activision wants those weeb dollars again, they're going to bite their lip and not tell Miyazaki shit about shit

Should be a small pacifier icon below the HP bar similar to the demon bell

>muh wave of negativity
literally every time

>it's not like difficult games are going to stop existing.
There will be literally zero change. There has never once been a time where anything a games """""journalist""""" has done anything and make people react.

They are fucking nothing, i thought the faggots that actually read the shit they spew would have realised already that shit only happens when you attack them for being retarded and not when they spew their retarded nonsense. If you let them spew their shit to their circlejerk of retards that actually care about games """""journalism"""" nothing will ever happen.

Attached: 1508045039667.png (500x374, 213K)

Why are games journalists so entitled?

I hate Deadpool, but the tweet where they say "it's for big kids fuck off" seems like it applies

I like how no one thought to mention accessibility issues for all the the other games they wanted easy modes for, which before this shit was just stuff like cleaning up visuals or custom inputs. Someone needs to ask them exactly what is preventing disabled people from playing this so they can't just throw that card around without actually backing it up (saw one article say something about hand cramps from button mashing which doesn't apply here)

Hey man I agree with you. Half of these articles are meant to be incendiary to our demographic to pull ad revenue from our hate clicks.

What I want to know is what these people even want for accessibility via difficulty. If you can't do a parry in Sekiro, you can't do a parry. It doesn't matter if you can take 2 hits or 20, you will not beat the game. Same with if you knock a pip off of all bosses. If you can't get the one down, it really doesn't help.

The fact that you can remap buttons is fantastic, same with the stuff for vision and hearing impaired, but you can only do so much to help people with disabilities play your game.

Attached: GD Look.jpg (184x184, 10K)

WHY CAN’T I BEAT THE GAME WITHOUT PUTTING IN ANY EFFORT?!

that's a fairly mature statement. Good PR. I appreciate more discussion on accessibility.

What happens when you try to play those games? Did you always have this?

tempted to ask these people why, if they want disability to be addressed by allowing for the avoidance of all difficulty, these people can't just watch a lets play or long play

>that feel when miyazaki DIGNITY will never, ever, give in to western journalism
>he will probably put a secret IMPOSSIBLE mode on the next game

Attached: 1528957963462.jpg (600x752, 111K)

Been a thing with me for as long as I can remember. Not a strategy game, but an example is, like, crafting in Subnautica. I can look at a crafting recipe in that game, a really simple one, and forget the ingredients right after reading them, much less a trip to go get the ingredients.
In an RTS, I can't like...think more than a step or two ahead to strategize juggling multiple resources and 'carry in my head' what all my units are doing at once.

All games should be baby toys since retards can't enjoy them.

>games
>art

Attached: c day.jpg (463x454, 27K)

why doesn't japan or the guy who created this game just say "NO" and put all this shit to rest?

>demon's souls has difficulty options
>game doesnt get nearly as much attention
>franchise never takes off

Make it so holding Select / Share has the AI automatically control your character and perform flawless parries / dodges / positioning and get ideal stealth kills without being spotted.
Sort of like Attract mode or playing a demo.
While this is going on, all audio are replaced with various childrens' toys, such as music boxes, squeaky toys, speak n spell phones, and jack in the boxes.
Hopefully this is humiliating enough that people who use this setting don't get any satisfaction from it, but it's still a way for them to see the ending.

he basically did by saying its part of the experience

If you want to experience the art of the game, there's a thousand LPs of the game already, and a dozen of them have to be good. I'm absolute garbage at character action because I've got a caveman brain, but I thoroughly enjoyed DMC5 by watching someone who knew what they were doing play.

Attached: Too Many Dead Connors.png (388x290, 165K)

As long as he doesn't cave to these retards, I will respect his Dignity.

Literally who made this apology. I'm not into e-celeb bullshit

He did but that isn’t good enough for the cultural imperialists

okay good. i hope sticks to his guns and doesn't cave in to activision if it gets that far.

>modern game comes out
>people spend more time whining about the game, or talking about its story, or someone who created it, or something surrounding it, or something, ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE ACTUAL FUCKING GODDAMN GAME (ITS GAMEPLAY) ITSELF
And this is why modern gaming is a goddamn zombie corpse being fucked by a bunch of stupid little kids who can't admit it's dead.

I'm just sad that this is going to be sekiro's legacy, it you go on google news the feed is dominated by this bullshit. It's an incredible game and it deserves better than this.

What, you think that it's sad that a Miyazaki game is creating these necessary discussions on artistic intent in video games? Why the fuck?

Many strategy games have easy mode. Sometimes it actually makes ai pretty docile, like in Civilization (you could give it a go maybe), sometimes it is just another name for normal, like in Battle Brothers. I guess you could always try to complain about a game not having a mode easy enough, but the devs can always dismiss accessibility concerns citing lack of resources.

my idea for sekiro easy mode:
game is ridiculously easy until sword saint phase 2 which is normal difficulty. when you die at sword saint you get easy mode ending and credits roll.

For victim shaming the lowest common denominators.

AKA jounos that are paid to write reviews for games they can't play too gud.

Better idea: game is exactly the same, except it ends at the Owl choice.

If being published by activision didn't fuck with the fromsoft magic, no way are "game journalists" and sjws be able to. Just let them cry.

What discussion? It’s going to end up with a bunch of fart huffing journalists coming to the conclusion that games need to be accessible or your a bigot

>We're at the point where devs are being shit on for making games.
Some dev's deserve to get shit on. You know, ones who make garbage fucking games, or yearly rehashed shit. But being shit on because your top tier top quality game isn't so easy fucking Hellen Keller could ace it every time, is retarded, and these fucking people need to get the fuck out of gaming or stick to fucking phone games. I'm sick of retards shitting up my fucking hobby with their garbage ideas.

We need another industry crash and a massive drop in games popularity to weed all of these fuckwads out of gaming.

Nah, if you look st credits of Sekiro it’s all Jap and an odd chink name. Considering there’s no anglo/scandinavian last names its safe to assume there wont be a cuck asking for babby mode

>ends at genichiro phase3
>kills you in cutscene with lightning
>a shinobi should know the difference between normal mode and easy mode

So he’s ok with a farting ape that rips a lob of shit from his ass and flings it at yoi, but not with maggot dragon? Or the headless that stick a finger up your ass, rip out your spine and shove it up their own asses?

I like these humorous horror designs btw

Just imagine
>some puzzle game have growing hardcore fanbase that loves all titles
>more normies get heard about this puzzle game
>it's hard to them
>had to google to solve puzzles
>new game have almost no option to google shit, it's full about solving puzzles by themselves
>core audience praise game since it's literally perfect
>normie invasion happens
>can't do anything
>ask about removing puzzles in game since it's too hard and normies "just wanted to read a story"
At first i was about to post it in ironic way, but midway i just got how fucked up humanity is.

Attached: 1507179004490.jpg (550x550, 59K)

lol even dsp is enjoying this game

For not having the right opinions, user. They better get with the program and start being more progressive.

>doesn't need = shouldn't have

Congratulations on failing english

youtube.com/watch?v=tso8u4OJLuI&t=5s

Attached: fucking casul.jpg (903x960, 103K)

>not
>shouldn't
Grammarfags I need help. That' a double negative right? So that means they want an easy mode?

Attached: 1554243480700.jpg (362x346, 38K)

I just had my asshole torn asunder by this game for six straight hours and I was just motivated to get better.

If you want to pay $60-$80 for a game that plays itself why not just watch a LP on youtube?

Attached: clemaftersex.png (852x480, 247K)

dsp not ragequitting so far >>>> disabled kid beating corrupted monk

The Witness should have just done all of the puzzle for me!

Sekiro should have had an easy mode.
And pull the classic stunt where the last 25% of the game is blocked behind a "Play it again on regular difficulty" ball kicker.

Not to state Shekeliro should not have an easy mode, as in we're not stating Sekiro should not receive an easy mode. It's correct.

Sekiro already have easy mode.
You play it by default btw.
Also, this is only easy mode you don't get shamed for.

Ape was dignified, he just wanted to court a lady ape.

>get to genichiro 1
>he just murders you during phase transition and takes kuro
>play game on big boy mode to note die like a bitch

>If you want to pay $60-$80 for a game that plays itself why not just watch a LP on youtube?
Because most gamejourno sites won't pay you to review a Lets Play. (Some will, like Kotaku, but only for a joke)

They will however, still pay you even if you play the game but give up and just call it too hard at the end of your review. I've seen some like Peter Brown get away with this while reviewing hard games like Cuphead (he gave up at the last two bosses)

Illegal opinions

Have you been living under a rock this decade?

Why is everyone obsessing about Sekiro needing an easy mode?

Normies want to get into popular shit by ruining why popular shit got popular.

This happens every time a From Software game comes out. Western onions consumers simply cannot deal with a game that doesn't play itself.

A large fanbase is worried about what a very vocal minority are trying to do.

In dark souls you could cheese any fight with builds, grinding to obscene levels, buying certain consumables, etc.

In sekiro it's literally based off nothing but technical ability. So it's unplayable for normies.

They just gonna be like
>Wahhhh this is game is patronizing me! asshole/10 never gonna recommend this game because it being a meanie bitch to me

from games are popular
onions boys want a piece of that pie
but the games are too hard for them

Normalfags who have started playing video games after Skyrim can't stand something that's popular, and people are having fun and they can't be a part of it due to a lack of skill

There's already various ways to cheese but a majority of these faggots whining probably haven't even played the game

Attached: ogre.png (335x334, 138K)

The irony is that even Sekiro has multiple options to make things easier like clever prosthetic usage, consumables, stealth and even grinding for money and skill points. But much of that still requires the player to actively assess their options and learn how to play the game to a basic degree to make effective use of. And that's just far too much to ask for anyone, trying to learn what a game has to offer when playing it.

Maybe the game is literally impossible?

Literally The Witness.
The Challenge is probably the most strenuous purely mental exercise in a videogame and there was whining about that at the time, too.
Most people who beat the game legitimately can't beat it, so people who've spent most of the time looking up solutions on google (i.e. journalists) have ZERO chance.

Attached: thewitness.jpg (930x168, 28K)

>What exactly are they apologizing for?
For having their arguments twisted out of context by "Gamers" with a Capital, pants-on-head-retarded G.

>Yeah, as fun as it is to shit on opinions that suck, it's not like difficult games are going to stop existing. Easy modes are extra dev time in a high-pressure industry, and non-lazy easy modes even moreso, and there is a carved market niche for difficult games.

if(assist) {
damage = 0.5;
}
else {
damage 1.0;
}

Oh, my geeeeeeeeerd, it's so much work!

Where's the source for this?

>I hate Deadpool, but the tweet where they say "it's for big kids fuck off" seems like it applies
They literally released a PG-13 version of Deadpool 2.

Japanese developers are well known for their spaghetti code.

the best part is governments can now check neet's achievements/trophies and take their autismbux away if they beat any hard modes

Where the fuck have you been, there is a literal war in popular culture about abolishing meritocracy.

The retards in the media think if you pay for a game you are entitled to its ending even if you play on baby mode, use cheats, or whatever.

Sekiro is divided into two distinct parts: The entire rest of the game, and Owl/Genichiro/Hatred Demon/Isshin. Those four bosses are LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for the average fucktard who spends half their time looking at their phone while playing games or watching movies.

Japan actually values the novelty of a challenge, still cares about things like honor and perseverance, so they love Sekiro while Yoshi (a game you basically can't lose) is selling like complete shit there but everyone is gushing about it here in the West.

Uh, no

They were responisble for the voice acting and the terrible english translation. They also advised miyazaki on unspecified game elements which they changed.

>Japan actually values the novelty of a challenge, still cares about things like honor and perseverance, so they love Sekiro
That's because Japanese people live sad, pathetic lives and need videogames to fill that gaping hole. Western people don't feel to fill the emptiness inside with meaningless digital achievements. Partially because their penises are enormous.

So when is Gaming Journalist going to officially become a disability?

That won't help you actually learn how to play the game, you'd just die half as slowly.

Japanese penis vury smorr. American penis so BEEG

>we as consumers of art cannot expect that art to conform to our individual world views and experiences
Expect? No. Demand before you purchase? Yes.

Add regenerating health, then. In the original Halo, dying on Easy takes actual effort. Yet nobody complained that Legendary wasn't hard enough.

Wrongthink

I hope fromsoft makes a Expert Extra Hard Mode to fuck with these people

Attached: xn4cYl4.png (1954x1783, 128K)

>Yet nobody complained that Legendary wasn't hard enough.
You and I apparently knew different people back then.

>Add regenerating health, then.
Why not just remove fighting from the game completely at that point? It's clear anyone advocating for this kind of stuff doesn't actually want to play it in the first place.

The game smacks you over your head with its themes with lines like "undying begets stagnation" yet people are begging for features that would quite literally undermine its entire message and meaning and suck the fun out of the game. You can't "experience" the game if you remove what makes it an experience.

>apologizing over this shit

You know I'm not even mad at the people doing the bitching anymore, it's the pussies who bend knee to them that are the problem.

ANOTHER FUCKING REMINDER THAT EASY MODE DOES _NOT_ IMPROVE ACCESSIBILITY

Improving accessibility entails supporting custom key bindings, providing color blind options, possibly options to add visual cues for the deaf, and promoting the research and development of special controllers for the physically disabled. Improving accessibility does NOT entail diluting the game and telling the disabled that they can only play the diluted version of the game with less depth than the game that the fully abled are playing. That is actually discrimination.

Physical handicap doesn't mean retarded. The physically disabled are perfectly capable of learning the game and developing winning strategies and playing on the level of the physically able. The issue lies in their ability to implement such strategies due to fighting with the controller.

>art

its a goddam video game, treat it as such

>Why not just remove fighting from the game completely at that point?
That's also an option, sure. It's not like hack and slash combat is particularly enjoyable in and of itself.

>You can't "experience" the game if you remove what makes it an experience.
Being punched in the dick is an experience, and some people indeed get off on that experience, but having a handjob as an alternative option never hurt anybody.

Making the game piss easy doesn't remove the experience. It just changes it.

Legendary was pretty easy, even I beat Halo on legendary and I suck at video games and mostly play on easy.

look at this duuuddeeee

Attached: 1553827356040.png (281x211, 100K)

I like how one of the main people pushing this and giving IndieGamer shit for that article directly mentions mods to make games more accessible when Sekiro is on PC. Just fucking mod the game to make it easier then, who cares stop throwing a shitfest about it.

Attached: sekiroeasymode.png (629x757, 66K)

You realize people can have shitty fine motor skills or reaction times, right? Just slowing down telegraph animations by 50% would constitute an easy mode AND be a literal improvement to accessibility.

So you're analogy is because it's not for some people it should be something else instead?

Literally this. How do journos ignore this video?
youtu.be/tso8u4OJLuI

heres the video if anyone cares

Didnt even know about that forbes guy who thought sekiro didn't need an easy mode too.

Going by your atrocious analogy, a handjob better represents normie games like Assassin’s Creed than an easy mode, retard

What do you think you're missing out on in these hard games? the whole draw is that they are hard, there isn't major story or anything you are missing. I'm not against putting in easy modes but these games aren't going to be very fun if you play them on easy since the difficulty was the entire appeal.

this is the next gamergate

>shitty fine motor skills
that is solved by custom controllers retard.
>reaction times
mental disability. different argument.

>Normalfags avoided Dark Souls like the plague
You're actually retarded if you think Dark souls is an obscure game franchise that the mainstream overlooked.

>Making the game piss easy doesn't remove the experience. It just changes it.
Yeah, that's my point. It changes it into something completely incomprehensible because then the actual experience would be at complete odds with every single element of the story and themes of the game. A story about a struggle to sever immortality at all costs would be made into a mockery.

>So you're analogy is because it's not for some people it should be something else instead?
I mean, if they want some people to buy it? Yes. It's not like it stops being hard if you add an easy mode. Games can provide multiple experiences that cater to multiple audiences.

Single and multiplayer modes are an example of this. They're wildly different experiences, but many games come with both.

>tfw disabled
>tfw better at games than 99% of Yea Forums
No idea how I beat the Boost Guardian in MP2 on my first try when I was a little retard. Now I'm a big retard and just finding out people had trouble with that boss.

Considering how bad Yea Forums is at games, I can only begin to imagine how bad game journos are.

So a product sold to a niche and advertised as being for it should change because people who aren't in it don't want it?

Why can't people just git gud? This is why games suck these day, because of little whiny bitches who just want to press X to win.

GOG fired one guy after he repeatedly made jokes that a social media manager for a big company should know better than to post in the current political climate.

>shitty fine motor skills or reaction times
Fuck off, game journalist.
I have shitty reaction times, and shitty motor skills(i miss all my skillshots in lol, so i played mostly pre-rework Nunu and even playing him sometimes i missed my W), but for god sake, in souls game you just need to recognize enemy attack patterns, then use your brain to learn what you need to do(so if attack1, you parry, if attack2 you jump, if special attack1 you run/use feather/etc), and fucking finally you just try until you get muscle memory. So, by enemy arms you can guess which attack will be.
Yes, with natural talent you can skip some things like muscle memory phase, but fuck off.

Playing Sekiro is nowhere near as satisfying as getting punched in the dick

t. masochist

Because everything has to be made for me. If it isn't it should change to suit me. I am the only person that matters.

Maybe the people who don't like the game shouldn't buy it? I don't buy gone Homo and other shitty walking games because they aren't made for me. Why can't you faggots just stick to your Sony cinematic experiences?

>Where the fuck have you been, there is a literal war in popular culture about abolishing meritocracy
It's not that deep senpai.

M8. People enjoy WATCHING people play games. That's literally zero difficulty. If you think there aren't people that would play a trivial difficulty of a popular game, you are insane.

>that is solved by custom controllers retard.
Custom controllers don't make fingers move faster
>mental disability. different argument.
Slow reaction time isn't a fucking mental disability, but it sounds like you might have one if you believe that.

>A story about a struggle to sever immortality at all costs would be made into a mockery.
That people who give zero shits about themes would pay cash money for.

So what happens when easy is still too hard for brain handicapable journalists?

It's not just games.

underrated post

The CDPR shit actually annoyed me I don't even hate trans people or anything like that. The guy posted "did you just assume his gender" which is a meme and doesn't even really prove he's transphobic or that he has an issues with trans people.

>Western people don't feel to fill the emptiness inside with meaningless digital achievements.
explains instagram dick contests

>yo bro check out this mangy half eaten dingo I took in and nursed to death

breathing the wrong way which of course horribly triggers liberals

>>Implying Japan gives a fuck about that
They actually do give a fuck about the western " games journalist" mafia we have going on
just look at the games that haven't released here, that DoA game in particular. They specifically said they weren't going to release it in the west because they were pussy faggots afraid some twitter journo tranny would rant at them

>So a product sold to a niche and advertised as being for it should change because people who aren't in it don't want it?
If they want to make money outside of that niche? Yes. They're welcome to be content with niche money, but very obviously if they want more than that they should expand their target audience.

You're getting ahead of yourself, first off they'll complain that they have to play on easy because it's demeaning even if it's not explicitly trying to be.

>M8. People enjoy WATCHING people play games. That's literally zero difficulty.

Yeah that is true, people are strange.

How come you're not given a red card for that?

>That people who give zero shits about themes would pay cash money for.
That's the saddest thing I've heard in a long time. If you're playing Sekiro neither for the combat and gameplay challenge nor for the story and themes, what would you be playing for? There's literally nothing else left to the game. The graphics? It's a fucking Fromsoft game.

Attached: hands.png (423x266, 62K)

Why appeal to people outside it? They don't care and you just piss off your dedicated fan base.

From games are known for being fuckin challenging and taking the patience to learn the enemy's movesets in order to counter them. It's a big cockslap to everyone else who had to progress through the game normally and it'd be like taking a dump on the game.

these kinds of people just want to be told they are winning.

>Yes, with natural talent you can skip some things like muscle memory phase, but fuck off.
I'm right but fuck off?

>Maybe the people who don't like the game shouldn't buy it?
Well yeah. That's entirely my point. People that don't like something shouldn't buy it and people that want people to buy their shit should try and get as many people as possible to like it.

This isn't fucking difficult.

Not really, Happens every single time a From game comes out.
>Journos say "games to hard, make easy now!"
>legitimate gamers tell journos to fuck off, stop complaining and get good.
>Journos then whine about racism, sexism ableism, beingbadatgames-ism or Nazi's instead of getting good.

rinse, repeat.

cope harder faggot
challenge strengthens resolve

existing

>Slow reaction time isn't a fucking mental disability, but it sounds like you might have one if you believe that.
yes it is retard.
>Custom controllers don't make fingers move faster
thats why specialized controllers reduce the movements required to press buttons or to move a stick, if it even has a stick at all.

I can hear the bell in the back of my head.

~ 10 tries, tight, but decisive success.

Almost makes me wish I didn't pirate it.

>They don't care and you just piss off your dedicated fan base.
Your dedicated fanbase is full of autists if they would be upset over an easy mode they don't have to turn on.

More to the point, if you could make more money telling your dedicated fan base to piss off, why wouldn't you?

>It's a big cockslap to everyone else who had to progress through the game normally and it'd be like taking a dump on the game.
See, look at this autist right here bitching about the difficulty other people play on in a single player game. I bet this fucker complains about people using mods too cause it dilutes the experience or some shit.

But why do you have to try and appeal to everyone? That's a guaranteed way for nobody to like it.

So is this small time twitter drama because i haven't even seen a single article about this. And I don't go on twitter or know how it works really. Seems like maybe the only people who care about this are the people in these threads and a handful of trannies on twitter.

It's controversial enough that it doesn't belong on the official company profile, especially given the type of people present on twitter. I'm not saying what he did was wrong, but he should've known better if he wanted to keep the job he claimed was his dream job. Surely, you do understand the concept of professionalism? Keep your edgy jokes away from your very public work unless you're a standup comedian or something.

>Western people don't feel to fill the emptiness inside with meaningless digital achievements

Attached: 745687467.png (259x274, 98K)

>I'm right but fuck off?
Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right.
People always have natural talents, different natural talents. Some helps in some genres, other helps in other.
You can't cry for not being able to do simple math, for example.
Real talent tho is not give up and getting better no mater what. This game is simple about accepting it's not a "mashing button simulator", so you need to learn way of a blade. Or fuck off you pussy.

Maybe people who want the game to jerk them off and call them great and amazing for being able to do an input should go play a VN.

They will never touch that whole debacle because the only way to downplay it or retaliate is to accuse them of "internalized ableism" in a vague manner but then block anyone who tries to debate them with it.

There are two things the anti-sekiro journos hate; that video, and the "sekiro doesn't need an easy mode" article. Both are shoved in their faces. Guess which one they talk about-- big surprise it's the article, which they bullied the site into siding with them over instead.

Many bosses have some trick that, if you figure it out, makes them very easy. I kept dying to the second stage of the ape, until I realised that deflecting the overhead attack stuns him so hard you can rip his ass in half.
Or when I kept attacking Genichiro so whenever he tried jumping I knocked him on his ass.
Or when I figured out the bull is super easy if you sprint behind it's ass.
Or the way you can take half of most mini-bosses health off by backstabbing them.
Or the way the sushiman warrior is went from unbeatable to piss easy once I stocked up some confetti and took a tranquiliser.

They literally want to appear to be gamers for some reason and don't want to be excluded from the conversation. It's why you get fags on here talking about games and all they did was speed run on easy or watch a stream. They'd rather shitpost here or on reddit about the game than play it. Shits whack there are so many good games that I still haven't played that I don't understand why people would post about games they forced themselves to play rather than play something they like.

But if you didn't pirate it, you wouldn't have a high enough IQ to beat it.

>But why do you have to try and appeal to everyone? That's a guaranteed way for nobody to like it.
Only if you suck at your job. There are plenty of milquetoast general audiences products that make shitloads of cash because the people in charge of making it told people that wanted them to make niche artsy products to go fuck themselves.

Attached: avengers-endgame-poster-square-crop.jpg (1092x1051, 333K)

I remember seeing people getting genuinely upset at the opinion you aren't a gamer for watching let's plays.

The game has a hardmode.

>Why can't people just git gud?
Because they don't enjoy playing games, they only took this job because it's a way to blog your every inane worthless thought and get paid for it. Many journos openly admit on a regular basis that actually playing video games is their least favorite part of their job.

>still pay you even if you play the game but give up and just call it too hard at the end of your review
This is still less shameful than cheating your way through. At least he tried the game, and review pieces aren't typically meant to be objective but representative of one player's experience. If a game is legitimately too hard for casual players then that's the kind of thing people will want to hear. When you cheat you stop playing by the game's rules and lose a normal perspective on its systems. You can't review a game while removing its gameplay.

Only two arguments matter in this retarded discussion
First; Miyazaki (and FromSoftware) have said they don't want to add easy mode, because the challenge is part of their design choice.
Second; handicapped people CAN already beat Sekiro; The argument now only revolves around people being physically and mentally sound (I know, journos aren't really, but bear with me) complaining a game needs an easy mode because it's too hard FOR THEM, while using disabled people as a shield.
How is nobody telling them how disgusting they are being? Don't they constantly say gamers are entitled when this is textbook definition of entitlement?

Eat my asshole out nigger.

Attached: hogan.jpg (670x351, 31K)

>most other game companies doesn't give a shit about anything other than bland soulless money making, so why can't this game company that gets both money and critical acclaim by staying true to the principles of game development do the same? No I don't want to just learn to play the game or play something else

But avengers is shit? I don't see how scamming Chinese people out of money proves any point.

>Slow reaction time isn't a fucking mental disability
I mean... it kind of is. That's kind of a literal mental deficiency, your brain isn't sending the signals to your fingers fast enough.

Can't cheese it like other souls like games.

yeah but I'm talking about an even harder mode somehow.

That'd be neurologic, not mental. There's a difference.

>Or the headless that stick a finger up your ass, rip out your spine
Is that what they do? I thought it was a reference to the Kappa who rips out a ball that contians your soul from your anus, instantly killing you.

once again, white people ruin everything.
that pathetic weak race needs to die off already.

>the current political climate
What, american millennials being a bunch of autismos?
Who gives a fuck about what they think.

If this is how you act to existing fans how can you ever expect them to agree with you or convey you have any understanding of the game in question?

Not that user, but he never said it was good, just that it hits a very wide audience and prints money.
If someone wants that for Souls then fuck off. Not everything needs to be a causal appealing moneyprinter. On top of that, it won't work.

Not whites, just millennials who were too afraid of growing up.
The moment all millennials fade away now that they are turning into old farts things will go back to normal.

>saying a company should care about bland soulless money making if it wants to make money is wrong
Look, motherfuckers. I'm not saying I want to play a From easy mode. I'm saying adding an easy mode into their shit is the objectively correct thing to do from a marketing standpoint. It harms nobody but the autists while expanding their potential consumer base.

>Dark Souls 4 has an easy mode
>Due to the variables of this mode certain online features will not be available
>No summoning
>Despite all enemy damage being halved journalists still can't beat it

Attached: laughing tomato.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Companies trying to make money that's who. The manchild demographic is a goldmine for the media industry including vidya games since they have adult incomes but infantile consumer demand.

>More to the point, if you could make more money telling your dedicated fan base to piss off, why wouldn't you?
The entire appeal of From games is that they are hard, that's their audience.
Just buy another game if you are getting your shit pushed in this one, or you know, git gud.

>If this is how you act to existing fans how can you ever expect them to agree with you or convey you have any understanding of the game in question?
I wouldn't. Why would you want autists in charge of your marketing though?

Nigger please blacks and asians are equally to blame. Latino females as well.

>market series about challenge
LOL just market ez mode

don't get mad, just vote trump to get these journos to kill themselves.

Honestly if From is gonna keep shoving out more of the same combat, they should just make it so that default difficulty is easier and NG+3 is Hard, just to fuck with journos

Attached: Heifer Farms Brand Fruit-At-The-Bottom All-Natural-Style Yogurt.jpg (387x354, 23K)

This right here is the important part of all this.

Well, can't wait for these manchildren to hit their 40s and die of colon cancer from their garbage lifestyles.

>The entire appeal of From games is that they are hard, that's their audience.
Exactly. That's all their appeal is. They could expand their appeal with an easy mode.

It's not something they have to do, but it's something they could do.

Are there a group more entitled than games journalists?

I don't think you have ever followed a single business class and should refrain from ever giving a company advice.
Souls games are known for their difficulty. They DO have some kind of entry level into what's considered "hardcore gaming". I agree the term is retarded and I don't agree with it, but that's how it's regarded to a large portion of the audience.
>I beat Dark Souls/BB/Sekiro
>I'm good at video games

They would completely destroy their name and market if they added an easy mode
>The game loses the status mentioned above
>They 'betray' their own vision which they stated multiple times already

It would literally be an uproar and decreased sales at best and career suicide at worst.

>they could expand their appeal by taking away the appeal
???????

No, they couldn't, the only reason they sell is because they are hard.
If they pandered to casuals the game would have diluted into nothingness with no sales because it wouldn't stand out.
This has happened plenty of times, you pander to anyone who isn't your core audience, and your studio's demise is only a matter of time.

>you're excluded because you have to actually -try-, and seeing someone actually -try- to achieve things is humiliating to your average person
>audiences expect metered, automatic rewards through meta-systems rather than intrinsic satisfaction from accomplishments

This sums up our society situation right now accurately when I think about it. The participation award generation doesn't want to actually do anything, just be continuously handed ribbons for existing.

>I'm saying adding an easy mode into their shit is the objectively correct thing to do from a marketing standpoint
Is it, though, when a good chunk of your brand is about creating challenging but rewarding games? You don't think they'd be shooting themselves in the foot by destroying their image and compromising the stories they want to tell and the kind of games they clearly want to make?

It has that too.

>having to add "'s hard mode" to a claim destroys a company's marketing strategy
Sounds like a shit marketing strategy.

Do you people hate that the Konami Code is in Contra?

>adding an easy mode takes away hard mode

Would you honestly trust a review that was played on easy mode?

No? DMC is known for having high difficulty skill based combat at the high end and piss easy you'd have to try to die combat at the low end and it markets itself just fine.

>adding an easy mode takes away hard mode
Pandering to people who are not your audience ends up in your demise.
Want an easy game?
Just buy something else and stop trying to change other people just because you are terrible at playing videogames.

No. I remember seeing a DMC5 review where the indicator for Easy Auto was on and everyone made fun of him, so at least there's something right in this world

That's not a cognitive disability. People who have that aren't too dumb to react fast enough, they physically can't.

You're retarded and have no idea how business works. I'm glad FromSoftware doesn't listen to idiots like you, they'd go bankrupt in a few years.

Trust is a difficult term. If they played on easy, it's difficult to know if you will get the same experience out of the game that the reviewer did.

>>adding an easy mode takes away hard mode
No, it takes away the game

If I was intending to play easy mode? Yes. If not? No.

>Pandering to people who are not your audience ends up in your demise.
It's called attempting to expand your audience.

>Hey did you hear about this game Dark Souls? Its really cool. The game has interesting mechanics and fun enemy patterns
vs
>Lol I played through this knight game where I face tanked all these weird demon enemies and zombos. Basically Dynasty Warriors
YOLO

For having the absolute nerve to say that some products aren't for everyone. Why aren't these twitter retards harassing hiking shoe manufacturers because their products can't be used by paraplegics?

Literally who.

I haven't read anything writen by any mouthbreathing journos since DmC was announced, but I want to make double sure I never read anything by the this faggot or group of faggots.

Whenever you hear something expanding to a broader audience you immediately know its a death sentence.

>It's called attempting to expand your audience.
Yes, and everytime someone has tried that the franchise went to shit.
This games are about being hard, if you can't play hard games, buy something else.
That's the thing about you millennials, you think you are entitled to having everything pander to you.
Learn to accept you are not the center of the world.

>only race that feels guilty about being themselves
>have to make the rest of the world miserable with them
yea, ok cletus

>Whenever you hear something expanding to a broader audience you immediately know its a death sentence.
What about McDonald's all day breakfast?

DMC is not universally renowned as a challenging game. Have you missed that the Souls series are actively marketing on the entire "YOU WILL DIE" stuff? You really think adding an easy mode to their games would not be harmful to their brand and cost them sales?
How dumb are you exactly? Are you the type of corporate suit that sits on board meetings thinking he has figured it all out while running a company into the ground? Do you work for EA?

What are the sales for Sekiro?

I don't see why FROM would ever compromise when their style of accessibility is doing so well.

>Yes, and everytime someone has tried that the franchise went to shit.
>being this delusional
Nintendo literally started out making playing cards and shit for gambling dens.

A massive loss for the company.

Who the fuck goes to MCDonald's you lardomat

>DMC is not universally renowned as a challenging game.
Right, because they aren't dipshits that put all their eggs in one basket.

But people BUY DMC GAMES FOR THE CHALLENGE LIKE FROM GAMES.

You are arguing that a game can't be marketed for more than one thing. You are wrong.

wrongthink

a handicap defeated sekiro what's your excuse

Thats a lot of words to say nothing. I figure that it's supposed to be an apology that doesn't even need to be made, it's just bland and aimless

Remember when Nintendo tried "expanding their audience" with the Wii and WiiU, and turns out the new audience inmediatly abandoned them when they got bored?

Once again, millennial, you are not the center of the world, you are not special.
Buy other games.

Just shut up and fucking use a trainer if you suck that much. Nobody is affected by that apart from your own conscience and experience. What a tiresome, pointless discussion.

>Who the fuck goes to MCDonald's you lardomat
t. hikki

So if Dark Souls had an easy mode, at what point would almost all journalists turn it on?
I'm thinking Bell Gargoyles, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did it after running into skellies 3 times.

Attached: everyone.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Drunks at 3 am.

The Wii was the best selling console of its generation and made them shitloads of cash.

The Wii U explicitly did not sell because people couldn't really tell it apart from the Wii. Effectively they were shot in the foot by not trying to make sure their products were distinct and sticking too close to their brand.

Im argueing DMC never established itself as a challenging game. There's plenty of challenging games with difficulty settings.
However, the Souls series have established themselves in a place where the difficulty is renowned. They are not even particularly hard, but that's how they have established themselves. To now suddenly move away from that by adding an easy mode would destroy their brand. Again, you're clearly not educated enough to make these arguments. They make 0 sense. Please stop embarassing yourself.

Because telling them gets you blocked. It's literally 1984.

Speaking of, how was that Dark Souls Remastered received?

It was a rerelease of the hardest game in the series. I bet it sold a ton, right? Most popular game yet? Fans remained loyal to a fault?

>at what point would almost all journalists turn it on?
Fucking every one of them would play the game on Easy just so they can rush through the game and have the review written immediately

>The Wii was the best selling console of its generation and made them shitloads of cash.
And inmediatly afterwards they left, because this audience is the kind that only buy FOTM trash.
They would buy the next From game, and the one after that would flop because the casuals would be tired, and the hardcore audience would be left behind.

For the third time: you are not the center of the world, you are not special, buy other games.

The knight on the tower. Especially when they get knocked off for the 3rd time.

>Game journalist is now a disability below being quadriplegic and just slightly below the IQ of a bird.

Attached: 1554397063485.jpg (601x449, 71K)

>Im argueing DMC never established itself as a challenging game
Then you're arguing in bad faith.

and saved!

i fucking love this game, it's actually causing journos to have mental breakdowns

Attached: shrekt.gif (444x250, 272K)

See
and get fucked

Why do you casual scum care about Dark Souls at all when the only appeal of the games is that they are hard?
Is this some kind of addiction to ruining everything?
Why don't you stick to Fornite or some shit.
See
They don't want to pander to you, you are not their audience.

DMC was never about the difficulty and never marketed itself in such a way. It's always been about over the top combat and combos. So no, I'm not. Have you even played DMC? Since I've been a lifelong fan.

See
Nobody working in From cares about you, their whole identity is making challenging games.
You are not their audience. What are you gonna do about it, cry on the internet, millennial bitch?

The fucking idiot fell into the trap. The entire reason that hack journos brought up disabled people IS FOR THIS FUCKING REASON. Stop capitulating and tell them to fuck off and argue for themselves.

This kind of fear mongering is literally the only way these cunts can win arguments.

>Have you even played DMC?
I own every game in the series including physical copies of the first 3.

And DMC was very much marketed as a difficult game by word of mouth. Fuck's sake one of their biggest gimmicks is progressively more over the top difficulty.

>Why do you casual scum care about Dark Souls at all when the only appeal of the games is that they are hard?
Why do you care about anything if the only appeal is difficulty?

source: twitter.com/InsideGaming/status/1115420146556751873

they have like 5 retards crying in the tweet leading to the video, the videos comment say nothing in favor of this absurdity and people criticize the apology in this link.

>implying they wouldn't have it on by default

Idiots like this who don't even like games will never understand the motivation pic related will cause in most people. They're just sheeple who only play games because it's trendy.

Attached: 1526056995949.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

>Why do you care about anything if the only appeal is difficulty?
Because I like challenging games.
Why do you care about a game that's all about being challenging if you are afraid of a challenge?

>word of mouth
So not only are you stupid, you're retarded.

Want them to shut the fuck up about it?
Simple just call easy mode
>Games journalist difficulty
They will get the message and will be salty as fuck for the rest of their days.

>By word of mouth
Okay. It was never established as a difficult game. That's the point. Dark Souls is, and its derivatitves are. Adding easy mode would destroy their brand. You can argue all you want, but From knows and understands this, because they don't have retards like you working for them.

I have consistently maintained that I am not claiming From has a moral imperative to make an easy mode in their shit.

They're welcome to not want to make an easy mode. Claiming something is the right thing to do from an economic standpoint is usually not the same thing as claiming it is the right thing to do.

From's opinion on what they want to do is worth dogshit in a discussion of economics.

Wrong think

Economics?
You know what you don't want to do?
Kill your franchise because you pandered to people who are not loyal.
That's why so many franchises nowadays are dying left and right.
Remember when Bioware said they wanted the "Call of Duty audience" when making Mass Effect 3?
Where's Mass Effect now?

I would love a game to have one and it is basically an empty game and all the enemies applaud how great you are and that you are awesome and the best.
No combat, no interaction with anything just walking through the entire thing.

I swear the inside gaming team probably got told off by Roostersoy or their bosses. Why can’t people get fucking good or don’t play the game. Not every game should cater directly for you.

>Why do you care about a game that's all about being challenging if you are afraid of a challenge?
I'm not afraid of a challenge, but you're getting at my point.

People that are afraid of a challenge would not care about a From game. They would not buy. Money is being left on the table.

It was the same game with some glitches removed and new ones added, why would it have sold particularly well?

As many anons already pointed out; it's definitely not the right thing to do from an economic standpoint.
If it's the right thing to do or not in general is debatable, but it would be retarded from An economic standpoint.

>Kill your franchise because you pandered to people who are not loyal.
Seriously, how did Dark Souls Remastered do?

Muh loyal fans.

>Money is being left on the table.
There's a lot of money on the table from many different people.
There's also those who only play FPS games, for example.
Should Dark Souls 4 be an FPS then?

>If it's the right thing to do or not in general is debatable
It's really fucking not. From has no obligation to include an easy mode if they don't want to. They should do what they fucking want you fucking asshole.

But apparently they do buy them given the people bitching it's too hard.

Is your point seriously that mishandling one rerelease is the same thing as completely changing the image of your brand?

>Should Dark Souls 4 be an FPS then?
I feel like if they somehow included an FPS mode without removing any other elements they would get more sales from that. Not sure that's the best time investment, but I doubt it would hurt sales.

>Seriously, how did Dark Souls Remastered do?
Didn't do too well, people just weren't too interested in a remaster, I guess.
Tell me, how did Dark Souls 1, 2, 3, Bloodborne and Sekiro do?
Sorry millennial, but it's about time you understand that you are not the center of the world and that there's things just not made for you, i'm sure it's hard to understand after growing up being a spoiled little kid who was told he was special and that he would be something, but you are not.

Why are you focusing on DaS remastered and not on the series in general? I'm fairly confident the Souls series have sold more copies than DMC you said was also a challenging game but with a difficulty slider. Meaning having a difficult game apparently draws in more people than adding an easy mode.

No. My point is mishandling one rerelease is caused by being unable or unwilling to change the image of your brand and that their fans are hardly as loyal as people are claiming they are.

>I feel like if they somehow included an FPS mode without removing any other elements they would get more sales from that
Are you some kind of 50 year old executive from EA?

But at least it's debatable. I don't agree with it either, but it's a matter of opinions. It being a bad idea from an economic standpoint is just fact.

>mishandling one rerelease is caused by being unable or unwilling to change the image of your brand
Dark Souls Remastered lacking an easy mode had fuckall to do with why it didn't sell particularly well and much more to do with it being basically the exact same fucking game that PC already had.

Attached: whatamireading.png (195x350, 29K)

Yeah that's what I also thought.
>Let's add in elements from all different games and genres that sold well into one game
What a fucking retard, seriously.

>I'm fairly confident the Souls series have sold more copies than DMC you said was also a challenging game but with a difficulty slider.
Actually DMC has sold 17 million to Soul's 13 million.

So I'm fairly certain you're a dumb bitch.

You forgot to add that it was also worse in some ways

Yes.
Next dark souls will also have loot boxes you need to purchase for flasks.

wrongthink

And that's how, for example, Assassins Creed went from a story focused open world game to some kind of RPG farming simulator focused on getting high rank gear and beating damage sponge bosses.

That's comparing ONLY the Dark Souls trilogy to 6 games of DMC (DMC1-5 and DmC).
So no, you actual retard. That's false.

Dark Souls 3 alone outsold any lifetime sales of a DMC game in its first month user.

Have you?
>Uh, no
>They were responisble for the voice acting and the terrible english translation. They also advised miyazaki on unspecified game elements which they changed.
Got any proof there, faggot?

Id say make it easier but after beating genichiro the game just ends and the shitty ending would have genichiro popping back up over the railing with the immortal blade and murdering you anyways, the just mocking the shut out of the player hard.

1 was designed to be more arcadey by kamiya though.
Sure series deviated more to style first, but it was there.
Plus difficulty's motivated by you getting better, game encourages replaying on higher difficulties

Guy could've had static electricity on his finger.

Is a SINGLE PLAYER GAME, if you care so much about your achievement you can just have them for hard difficulty only? Why do you have to be such elitist pricks?

The lot of you are just whining to whine, like when I saw an handful of people that would play in assist mode, but that shows up in screenshots.
Beside do you really feel so better than someone for having finished Sekiro that you need to make it an exclusive club?

I have seen "oh these people just want to have life being easy we can't allow that" or disability fraud.

>It's disgusting that they're getting away with using disabled people as a shield for their easy mode whining.
Yes, let's pretend anyone on Yea Forums gives a shit about the disabled.

Yes that happened a while ago. Then there was them being anti skill shaming "don't call us shit because we are shit our opinions are just as valid as yours" now it's literally add an easy mode so we can talk as if we've played the same game as you. They just don't want to be laughed out of a discussion when they can't say they played through something which is fucking retarded because you can just talk about the games you have played.

I wonder if these idiots think Getting Over It needs an easy mode, too.

Attached: goldpot.png (444x374, 187K)

Why are you so mad you can't play a game?

Sup game journo

They don't really care since it's not a flavor of the month now.

Name a single thing this decade that games """""""""journalists""""""""" have changed in the industry.

I don't think anyone cares outside of it being a pathetic excuse for their ineptitude

Didn't last long enough for them to feel neglected in online discussions. They only care when it's a big enough title that tons of people enjoy so they can try and latch on like a leech to its popularity.

>says others are whining
>is also whining
What did he mean by this?

what a godawful world we live in, that this shit is even controversial, salt the earth and push the survivors into the sea, it's no good anymore.

They made it so people unironically shill for multi million dollar corporations and completely undermined their status to the people who actually play games. Who even uses a game reviews to judge if they should buy a game? You can literally watch gameplay by a non mentally handicapped person before launch. You don't need someone who couldn't beat donkey Kong country to tell you that the new super Mario is too hard.

I swear to fuck Celeste started this shit.

Attached: 4242413321.png (230x208, 84K)

So, after getting beaten by a 5yo in that infamous cuphead jump tutorial, journalists are beaten once again, this time by a disabled quadriplegic.
What's up next? A literal blind/deaf person?
youtube.com/watch?v=hC4F6ctEO4g

Yeah they got thrust into the lime light about their tranny faggot and now are being put in a position of power by retards that play on easy and worship ripped inside out dicks.

I'm not sure why it's so controversial that other people would like to play on an easymode. Given that it's a *mode*, it shouldn't effect you if other people use an option that you don't have to use. In a multiplayer game, then maybe, but since Sekiro is singleplayer, it wouldn't hurt to let people who don't like hard games get to play something.
I mean, the devs don't HAVE to, and I get that it's -supposed- to be hard, but it would be nice. Not everyone has fun in quite the same way you do, and it's not an evil thing that's hurting you if they want to have fun in ways that you disapprove of.

What's the point of games journalism nowadays anyway?

I am not, I have not played Sekiro, I am talking generally, I have seen even a guy who had finished it, saying that the game should have an easy mode, and he did not finish it with cheats.

I could play it, just like I finished Dark Souls in spite of the poor collision detection and framerate on my XBOX, but there are times where games get inreasonably hard, if you want to deny that, I guess you haven't played for too long, unfortunately every FROM game is considered perfect and can hardly be discussed on Yea Forums, clearly if you "git gud" blight town on ps3/xbox360 will improve.

I have used cheats, everyone used cheats in GTA, because they are fun, I used cheats in Return to Castle Wolfenstein after you defeat the uber soldier there is a giant spike in difficulty when fighting the legless guys to whom you are made of glass. I like knowing that I finished Stalker at Master with AMK, or Halo 1-3,ODST,Reach at Legendary, but I also like to replay some of those levels at easy because is funny being able to act carelessly, and not everyone will finish a game at higher difficulty, and that's okay.

Infact, you feel even better having beaten Sekiro at hard compared to those who went with easy.
Making the game easy usually in an action game is just a matter of changing values, enemy health's and damage and the same for the player, they don't need to change the map, this is not a platformer based game.

>Tu quoque (/tjuːˈkwoʊkwi, tuːˈkwoʊkweJ/;[1] Latin for "you also"), or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a fallacy that intends to discredit the opponent's argument by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with its conclusion(s).

FIFA is so fucking gay

>fallacy fallacy

>They made it so people unironically shill for multi million dollar corporations
Wrong
>Everything else thats completely irrelevant
Correct, but irrelevant
Again, game """""""journalists"""""""" are fucking nothing to people that are actually in the business of making games. Shit pieces on dying circle jerk sites mean fucking nothing to suits in charge of game development.

Attached: 747jIcC.jpg (960x540, 122K)

>female streamers want to play the game to make money
>can't play it, they're shit
>press make up excuses

How was he supposed to know it was edgy?
The problem with outrage culture and especially in this specific predicament is that there is a lack of precadent. We don't know what is edgy(or rather too edgy) until the snowflakes get outraged over it and once they've gotten pissed its over. The did you just assume my gender even today still sounds pretty tame to me.

In Sekiro, the difficulty is not an obstacle that is keeping you from other parts of the game. It is a defining feature of the game. Suggesting that a mode be put in that removes a defining feature of the game means you have missed the point entirely.

>Fallacy Fallacy Fallacy

Attached: you-amp-039-ve-just-activated-my-trap-card_o_4015157.jpg (450x699, 35K)

youtu.be/bETXq57UQ_8
Even girls are learning to beat bosses in dark souls while blindfolded. It's not an actual blind person but the fact that someone can learn audio queues to beat a boss most shitters summoned to beat days a lot.
I don't want devs wasting time making other difficulties it never works, they should craft a difficulty for the game and everyone just needs to deal with it. I don't want people who are worse at games than my grandparent's to be voicing their opinion because they don't deserve to have any input on how a game is made. Stick to children's games and sports games don't beg for an easy mode in fucking DCS. You don't see people begging for retard modes in sim games that much and when they do they are laughed at because they just need to play a different game. Anyone that needs a lower difficulty than what's in the game just needs to play a different game because it isn't for them. Unless you want to start adding guns to gone Homo.

sekiro is not unreasonably hard. I am casual and was shit when I started. 50 hours later I have killed all bosses and seen all content in the game. people just dont want to do the time investment and quite frankly I dont think they deserve to beat the game unless theyre willing to do that.

>Why do you have to be such elitist pricks?
There's no elitism involved, the point of arguing against an easy mode isn't to prevent people from playing Sekiro, but to point out that removing the difficulty would alter the experience, story and the foundational mechanics that the game was built on to the point of inrecognizability meaning that the game you would be playing wouldn't actually be Sekiro

A huge reason why Japanese game design is so inferior to, for example, Ubisoft's is because Ubisoft listen to feedback to create better games, while Japanese developers are stuck in the 90s.

Around the time they're in the main menu for the first time.

>phallus fallacy

I'm sorry that you don't like it when other people have fun in ways that you don't have fun.

Then let people play this edited thing that 'isn't actually sekiro'.
Who cares if it's -really- sekiro or not if the players are having fun?

>I can only begin to imagine how bad game journos are.
So far they're mentally below a quadriplegic, a 5yo, and a blind girl. how they even got their jobs in the first place is a mystery.

Who cares about artistic integrity when you can change everything about your music so it's radio friendly. More people are enjoying it.

>Who cares if it's -really- sekiro or not if the players are having fun?
Fun doing what? We're talking about trivializing the core gameplay loop here.

1) Providing coverage to people who can't just subscribe to the newsletter of every single developer in existence and or visit E3 and the various other avenues, there are so many small games that one would know not about unless they visited every little cranny of Itch.io and even then it would not cover them all.

2) Investigate through its sources the way a game was made, finding what went wrong or right, since hardly any game has developer's commentary or behind the scenes, and can also ask the sort of questions you would like to know but can't because of physical/time/money restrictions
3) Highlight certain game features that were obscure
4) Highlight mods, and the way a game has been changed by updates after a long time
5) Report misconduct by developers/publishers
6) Give what is hopefully an informed opinion about a game's quality, of course varies from person to person, the IGN review of GTA IV for PC gave an afterthought to the bugs that infamously plagued the game.
And some other stuff, it was a stupid question though.

This, but unironically.
I don't really care about the Artist's Intent.

Some people think that that would be fun. They just... have fun in different ways to you.

>Who cares if it's -really- sekiro or not if the players are having fun?
because who cares about whether or not other people are having fun playing it? It's not a multiplayer game. I couldn't give less of a shit if other people don't like a game that I enjoy. They can go and play the game same as anybody else. If they like it then cool if they don't then they don't.

>It is a defining feature of the game
Making a game hard is easy though, you could modify any game yourself to make it hard with the cheat engine, if that's all there is to it, then is not much of a game, and just one among many other difficult games.

The way I see it there are two sides to this debate..

Sekiro needs an easy mode is equivalent to saying video games are toys and should not be exclusive. This argument operates off the premise that video games are not art.

Sekiro does not need an easy mode. This is equivalent to saying Video games are capable of being developed with artistic vision. This argument relies on the premise that video games are art.

Which side are you Yea Forums?

Also feel free to use this for the next sekiro bait thread. I was gonna but I want the (you)'s now

>game about immortality, death, buddhist reincarnation and samsara
>easymode please I'm dying too much

They aren't having fun they are groveling for table scraps to try and pretend they played a game to post about it. We already had inclusive and broad audience games, they fucking sucked and are making long standing franchises die off. You ever heard someone who's 2-35 in battlefield in VC talking about how much fun they are having? No they are non responsive mentally handicapped retards who are just playing to fill an empty time slot in their life. You cannot have fun at something if you are well below average skill level and surrounded by people who are at least average, unless you are mentally handicapped and can't notice your poor performance. If you went to play beach volleyball and didn't hit the ball once yours stop and step out in shame unless you are a games journalist who would ask to play something else that's easier to not be excluded. You dipshits are the nigger that shows up to game night and wants to play go fish rather than poker because you, have no shame to just not do something that you can't do or don't enjoy.

It might seem nice but the main draw of the games they make is overcoming the shared challenge that is so interwoven through the narrative and atmosphere. Having an easy mode completely removes that and the people who think they need an easy mode shouldn't have to downgrade their experience, everyone is believing in them and wants them to succeed because they can, everyone was there before and kept playing regardless. Otherwise there are different games, playing those is fine too.

Now the "controversial" part is journalists being so disgustingly entitled that they're trying to drag disabled people out as a scapegoat to avoid having to play a game as intended and stub out unique artistic merit.

>Making a game hard is easy though,
Making it balanced without being complete bullshit is harder, they made it for that sort of experience.
Might as well say the same for easy mode beggers, just cheat the game
oh wait

This is why games changed the labels years ago. Instead of Easy-Medium-Hard it's been Normal-Hard-Extreme for a while now.

I have a degenerative nerve condition that makes my coordination shit. I can't play Dark Souls-esq games or shit like Super Meat Boy, I just don't have the coordination.

I also don't care there's plenty of other shit to play.

Attached: 1553401744695.jpg (447x596, 57K)

He's not wrong, but it's because massive corporations have to constantly expand their potential market in order to please their shareholders with ever increasing profits. It's easiest to see this in video games with the rise of rng based reward systems, steep grind walls, and freemium models that let you buy progression.

>Some people think that that would be fun. They just... have fun in different ways to you.
Rrright, "some people". Regardless, I'm not against it if these "some people" turn on godmode and instakills, I'm saying that there's no point in doing that and pretending you're playing the same videogame or that it has no effect on the experience, which is exactly what the actual argument has been about. I'm sure some people have fun by reading spoiler summaries but I would hope that nobody in their right mind would be writing articles about how that's a perfectly valid way of watching movies. Not so with videogames, apparently.

No you can't think that. You should be upset that companies aren't bending over backwards to appeal to you.

It's a single player game, dude. Other people's experiences won't affect your hardcore gaming cred at all.

I mean...I guess I'd like to play Bloodborne, but...I also don't really care.

You're pretty much just demonstrating that you missed the point. Sekiro's difficulty is a defining feature of the game, but it's not JUST the fact that it's hard. Anyone can make a game that's "hard", or "easy". What's difficult is making a hard game that's enjoyable, where the struggle is simply your own need to get better at it rather than the game simply pulling the rug out from under you every now and then.

It's also not, by any stretch, the only defining feature of the game. But it is central enough to the experience that removing it would create something entirely different, which is why they didn't include an easy mode to begin with.

Well what about when we translate movies and books? That is to reach a wider audience, but things are lost in translation, Byron's poetry in my language is nothing like the original, Dante's translation of the Inferno feels sterile compared to the original and I would argue that you need the original to appreciate it, but I would not outright forbid translations, that would be inane, they get interested in the works and then they might even learn the original language and read it as it should be.

But people using cheat has no effect on me playing a single player game, is like when people about

Art has to be exclusive? Why?

Giving an inch to the lowest common denomimator leads to games being turned into casualized shit no matter how hard you pretend it doesn't. It doesn't effect me that a shitter cheated in sekiro... Until all those shitters start complaining and get a bunch of organized losers who are shitters to start saying games need to be made easier. After they already ruined plenty of other games mind you. Shitters play whatever game releases no matter the quality and then they see people playing something else in large enough numbers and then force themselves in and beg for it to be changed to their standards. Not like we don't have tribes and titanfall as perfect examples of murdering off games by listening to the lowest common denomimator. Literally any time from soft spends making an easy mode is development time taken away from making a better game for their fans.

It would just be nice if they could have fun with it as well.

So... people who are bad at games just don't deserve to have fun, then, because they are bad people? Bear in mind that Sekiro is a singleplayer game, and them playing an easy mode won't effect you in any way that matters.

I dunno, I never found the difficulty all that -fun-.
I think you're assuming that other people have fun in the same way that you do, which is understandable (it happens a lot), but a lot of people sincerely don't like things that way.

>which is exactly what the actual argument has been about
Uh, I guess THOSE people are probably wrong, like how it's probably dumb to drag disabled people into the argument (on both sides, really), but yeah, having an accessible easy mode would be nice.
And I dunno what you or the journalists mean by 'Valid', or why something being 'valid' is at all important.

Yeah the elder scrolls and fallout series are such great game now that they've been dumbed down for casuals. I'm glad those single player role playing games are losing all the role playing because people who are mentally handicapped can't handle choices or consequences even with quick saving m

>So... people who are bad at games just don't deserve to have fun
Good thing this is a free market with something for all people, if you can't get into the game, then play something else instead of whining, is what I think.

>I don't really care about the Artist's Intent.
Then why ask for an easy mode? Instead of demanding the creators change their vision, simply alter your own experience with cheat engine or what have you and call it a day.

>So... people who are bad at games just don't deserve to have fun, then, because they are bad people?
Not at all, it's that the fun that Sekiro offers IS the challenge. There's no secret fun hidden behind the difficulty from people who are bad at games. You're asking for something that doesn't exist in the first place.

If you can't have fun with the game, don't play it, it isn't for you and you have an entire market for games, If you don't like bananas, don't demand the banana be made more accessible, just enjoy a nice orange instead.

>It would just be nice if they could have fun with it as well.
They can, playing something else. If they don't want to put in the time to improve, what are they gaining from it? The story? Look up the cutscenes on youtube. The gameplay? Hard to do if it's "press one button to win".
Maybe it's to be able to talk with the community about the game, which is one of the things Miyazaki wants, like what happened with Dark Souls. But part of that community is knowing that we all got through the same challenge. We all got our asses kicked and got better. It's like having the rich kid talk about the struggles in life when he has experienced none.

Literally every boss in Sekiro can be cheesed.

>gyoubu: firecrackers
>butterfly: nightjar stunlock; sidestep cheese
>bull: firecrackers, mist raven
>genichiro: attacking him interrupts 90% of his moves
>ape: oil+fire, spear, and purple umbrella
>fake monk: snap seed, firecrackers, fistful of ash, divine confetti
>true monk: grapple deathblow cheese
>owl: dodge the overhead for 20 minutes
>demon of hatred: fire umbrella and malcontent
>isshin: dodge the overhead for 30 minutes

There you just beat the entire game with ZERO mechanical skill.

Correct if you are too bad to enjoy something companies are not obligated to make it so you can enjoy it. You literally do not deserve to have fun with anything actually, you have to be able to enjoy it. You have no right to be catered to, nothing has to be made for you and nothing needs to be changed for you. It's why, you don't see people asking for gone home and other walking sims to add combat. You only see losers who can't play actual games asking for those games to be dumbed down so people don't just immediately void their opinion due to their lack of skill.
You do not deserve to have fun. People have fun playing smite but there are hundreds of millions of people who do not like. Those people dot deserve to have fun by having the game changed to cater for them. They need to find something they enjoy. Literally just swap this to wanting ass and titties in games. Are the people who want boob physics and scantily clad women in thier games to have fun any less valid in deserving games to be changed for them?

They had an opinion and are white. This is automatic heresy to black and brown people. They want you to shut up and die.

They can have fun as long as they pay more attention and get good, because most games aren't taxing enough on your body unless you are literally disabled in some way. There's nothing wrong with accepting that every game isn't for you, and luckily for them, there are endless braindead power fantasy games that they can faceroll to the end.

What would journos do if From gave Sekiro an easy mode, but they still couldn't beat it? Would they demand an even easier mode? And what happens if some people can't beat that? In that case, the whole argument continues until they just enable godmode where you can't lose (and eliminate the entire point of the game).

On the other hand, if they don't complain, then what's the difference between having a new easy mode and calling base difficulty 'easy mode'?

Why would it be bad for there to be an option that they might also find fun?

I don't really know enough about the game to know what to use cheat engine on.

That's a decent point - I don't really know that much about the game (since I never got very far), but the exploration and the baddies and the base combat *Does* look pretty fun in of itself.

Maybe if there was an OPTIONAL different thing, I might be able to enjoy it. With a food metaphor it'd be like, if I don't like black coffee, it'd be nice to be able to add some milk & sugar.

>The gameplay? Hard to do if it's "press one button to win".
I think that's somewhat exaggerating what it means to have an easymode - there can still be gameplay, it's just that it'd be a less punishing version.

I wouldn't 'demand' that they change it, and it's not the end of the world if they don't. But it would be nice if they did.

To be fair, that does require knowledge of the game, which is a thing in of itself.

Smart. We should start demanding every game have a nude mode with ass and tiddy jiggle. It doesn't effect anyone else so why shouldn't they do it?

At some point I'd like to see them put an easy mode option that changes nothing, just a placebo.

If they don't have fun that way and can't figure out the methods already in the game that make it easier, then they can simply play something else. I'm only assuming the person buying a game understands what the game is intending to be and is willing to engage with it to that end, otherwise they shouldn't have bought it to begin with. But I'd like people to have fun the way I do as it means they're having more fun.

Well difficulty settings allow one to find the sweet spot between "too easy" "challenging" and "too hard", there are many games whose hard is simply bullshit, and I think that another thing that makes it hard discussing difficulty is FROM games itself, like the archers in Londo, or Blight town which looked poor and ran worse, unless you played on PC, and how excused it is.
If Timesplitters only had hard difficulty, which is a important one, because, at least in TS1 and 2 it shows the full level, I might have given up earlier, there is some stuff that you need to know about before you can finish it at hard.

I like Stalker's difficulty, because unlike so many other games, you are not just a glass cannon, everyone can be as weak as you are, and to improve, you can't just grind away like in Dark Souls or Demon souls, you need to get better equipment, to play it safe, either daring to fight against better armored weapons or learning to aim with the limited weaker weapons you have and even then you still have to stay on your toes with the environment which is ever changing, although I am partially biased because I last played it with difficulty modes, but that one accounts SoC, but the environment was not static, simply respawning the same enemies in the same position is just boring and cheap, so many games did it before, Stalker at least has different Stalkers coming and going.

It's like watching a horror movie, not liking it because it wasn't fun, and demanding a new cut that removes all the scary stuff because you believe that would somehow make it a comedy you could enjoy

The original would still exist so it wouldn't take away the experience of people who like it while people who don't like scary things could enjoy the comedy movie instead!

How badly could you possibly miss the point

You can very much add "Milk and sugar" with a trainer. The coffee maker isn't obligated to provide you with those. You can make the game as easy as you want for yourself if for some reason playing it like it's meant to be is beyond your ken, but you don't get to demand it be designed for you.
>it's just a less punishing version
I.E completely different gameplay.

This world fucking sucks right now and I want the pendulum to swing back.

You are aware the reason they are apologising is because of the fuckers who used their piece to be asshole, right ? Not because of the SJW.

>because people complained that their point was used against them

Endless inclusivity ruins hobbies.

>Put in ez mode
>halve all damage taken and double all damage given

wow so much dev time so difficult
the only people offended by the idea of an easy mode are virgin incels upset their videogame achievement might possibly be diminished by some unworthy non-gaymer, or they lack so much self control they can't help but choose ez mode when the game gets hard

literally no reason not to put one in any singleplayer game

How about the fact that it fundamentally ruins the entire experience of the game?

>wow so much dev time so difficult
The problem is that won't actually help you beat the game because you need to actually how to play it and no amount of damage tweaking can make you do that

lmao how does it
your choice to use easy mode if you want baby

*actually learn how to play it

They need to make the story less dark and happier for the last of us 2. Actually they need to make it a rom com because I feel bad when I see people die. While we are at it God of War needs to be goddess of war because I can't enjoy games with male MCs. I wish they would just let me press 1 button and watch the game be played out.

>there can still be gameplay, it's just that it'd be a less punishing version.
I've used cheats in games before. I told myself I didn't want to put in the time to improve but my completionist brain didn't let me just give up on it. You know what I got from it? Nothing. I can barely remember what those games were about because I was mindlessly going through them without any actual challenge. I would've been better off masturbating for a while.
>But it can be a less punishing version
Let me tell you, once you're willing to use a cheat, there's no challenge. You can tell yourself that it's only slightly easier but the moment an enemy/boss kills you, you just give up and put on a one hit kill, or worse, god mode and just spam attack. You gain nothing, and I'm saying this from experience. You're better off just realizing that the game isn't for you if you're not willing to put in the time to get better.
When Dark Souls was kicking my ass, I looked up tips, I practiced for a while, I improved and every second of that was memorable. Some other random game that I used cheats might as well not exist. I wasn't having fun, I was just bored out of my mind.

Yes, and everyone who uses it doesn't get what trhe game is trying to offer. the "Story about consistent struggle, death and rebirth" doesn't exactly land if there's no struggle for death. Look at Rainworld, nobody suggests anybody play on Monk first time through.

like bonuses tied to metacritic scores?

and if they don't like it they can choose normal mode
they weren't gonna complete it without an easy mode anyway so what's the harm

>or they lack so much self control they can't help but choose ez mode
Who do you think is begging for it in the first place?

If they are playing on easy because they can't put up with normal, they definitely won't put it on normal. IF they complete it on easy, they have completed an inferior version of the game and diluted the pool of enthusiasts.

>Well difficulty settings allow one to find the sweet spot between "too easy" "challenging" and "too hard"
That's exactly the characteristic that sets Sekiro and other From titles apart. Rather than implicitly saying "we don't really care, pick the one you like the most", it's "this is the singular experience we intended, a difficult experience involving overcoming the obstacles in front of you and gaining satisfaction from improvement."

If you're arguing "more players would be able to enjoy other aspects of the game if they could bypass that", sure, but that's not what From wants to do. Scaling and eventually reaching the top of the proverbial cliff is essential to the experience they want to create.

>diluted the pool of enthusiasts
sorry this game is for hardcore serious gamers only, people bad at games can get out reeeee

Where are all the pussies complaining about Baba is You being too hard for brainlets? The late-game shit in that is harder than all of Sekiro.

Let me guess. It's because they can just google the "walkthrough" for it, right?
Unlike in Sekiro where you're actually forced to perform the mechanical inputs to pass a boss.

The issue with some of these other games is that the devs really only worked on Normal. Do you think anyone at id did a full Ultra Nightmare run? Likely not, they just made every stat more extreme, tested it for a while, and let the diehard fans do the rest. Same for Easy mode, just give enemies less health, give the player more health/ammo, call it a day.
But for Sekiro and Dark Souls, it's the one difficulty they worked on. That issue of finding the sweet spot isn't a problem because it's exactly what the devs intended.

Start putting ass and titties in your walking sims. It's what is fun to me. I demand mk12 have nude fighters with rape fatalities.

Yes, I think that a community should be filled with enthusiasts, not casuals. It seems healthier for the community to be a majority of people that deeply care rather than a sea of dabblers.

>they weren't gonna complete it without an easy mode anyway so what's the harm
The harm is the same as writing a version of LotR where Frodo just puts on the ring and waltzes straight into Mordor because they weren't going to read three whole books anyway

you are, but it depends on what the referee sees

I think you'll find you're considered an asshole just for contradicting someone these days.

Attached: blobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.gif (128x128, 10K)

It’s interesting reading about the places people get stuck in the game, it’s always
>Chained Ogre
>Blazing Bull
>Lady Butterfly
>Genichiro
But after that people seems to be able to do the rest of the game and enjoy it. Occasionally people get stuck at guardian ape and monk, but they don’t tend to complain about it. After that I’ve only seen people complain about Demon of Hatred for being too much like a Bloodborne boss. People admit Isshin is hard, but nobody who's gotten to him hasn’t been willing to fight him until they beat him.

It’s also funny seeing twitch streamers max out their health, poise and items and still get bodied by the game.

sorry those games are for hardcore serious faggots only, nazi gamers can get out reeeee

It's more like "people not willing to get better can get out reeeee", and it's From Software saying it

All games should have easy mode or cheats

>implying those virtue signaling retards are brown people

nigga are you for real?
Almost without exception it is always white folks that shit on their own.

It's all so tiresome.
I'm just glad that From have some standards and trust they know more about game design than journalists that never made it in the industry.

Attached: 1456522943035.jpg (1337x990, 302K)

Sekiro has convinced me that a lot of people who finished the Souls games did it by summoning help. If Sekiro had a summon system you wouldn’t see nearly as much complaining.

Challenge is at the core of Sekiro and Souls games and without it, you would fundamentally change the game to something else.
It would be like changing a horror game to a lighthearted game.

See this is what I don't get at all.

Have none of these people tried to actually experiment with the prosthetics or something?
Abusing stealth and prosthetic weaknesses IS Sekiro's easy mode. It's actually crazy how easy it makes most of the game if you actually use what the game gives you. Hey. Just like in Dark Souls even.

Miyazaki and some other staff have done interviews and come off as very self critical when it comes to game balance. And they always insist that the games are not made to be purposefully hard, the player is supposed to find a mechanism to overcome the challenges they face and an NPC or item description will hint at this.

Yeah cheesing bosses is the Shinobi way, critics should really understand this.

It even has Puppeteer Ninjutsu.

Most telling is the ceramic tiles that people stop using almost immediately, you can chuck them to pull an enemy to a secluded spot and shank them easily. But no, people want to run in and slash away at enemies but also have unlimited poise so they can just hold block forever.

But then how do you expect them to get past Genichiro, Owl, DoH, and all that?

this

Attached: 1554752883090.jpg (859x348, 22K)

The developers can say "I think you should play at X", just like I can choose which language to see/play something even if the developers intended it for that to be their language. You can be the hardcore black coffee drinker but someone might rather choose to add sugar.

Well that's your personal experience and is okay, I played Doom with cheats when I was little and under cortisone and heavy antibiotics, years later I played both Dooms at Ultra violence, but I still enjoyed and enjoy playing with cheats, you mean you never played with big heads mode? Or gave everyone rocket launchers in Goldeneye? Or sent GTA pedestrians into a riot? Or used Notarget to explore the world and look at the various NPCs? Played the Half Life 2 campaign with the Gmod or just randomly spawning extra stuff for the heck of it? Changing physics, or speed?
I found Shao Khan hard, but it simply was unfair, when I did finally beat him, it was more like removing snot from my nose, one less annoying thing over me, it was not enjoyable just "finally this boring boss is over".

I played Enter the matrix with infinite ammo and slow mo and enjoyed the hell of it, except for those stupid turret sections.

Yeah but at least they're not bending backwards and saying how sorry they are. They know what they're doing, they know the experience they're crafting, and that's it. I do agree that the games aren't hard, they're challenging. Big difference.
I Wanna Be the Guy is hard because it constantly throws in shit that you couldn't anticipate.
Sekiro/Dark Souls gives every single bit of information needed ahead of time. Anyone who's god tier could get through these games without dying while playing for the first time.

youtube.com/watch?v=tso8u4OJLuI

>You can be the hardcore black coffee drinker but someone might rather choose to add sugar.
Unfortunately we're out of sugar. Try the Starbucks across the road.

Attached: garbage.png (645x491, 78K)

You sound like a guy I know, who sees summoning not as a way to play with friends, but as a way to let someone else play the game for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=g2U_7GVHZhI

>You can be the hardcore black coffee drinker but someone might rather choose to add sugar.

You could also be the guy that wants to try, or review which is the case for all these """journalists""", the spiciest ramen challenge but asking the chef to give you mildly spicy instead.

so literally none whatsoever? who would be annoyed by this except hardcore lotr spergs who don't want anyone reading or writing fanfiction of their sacred trilogy

youtube.com/watch?v=2qVeB_4p0go
youtube.com/watch?v=Kw34SaFOATk

Why don't you just use cheats, then? Just like you can add your own sugar to the coffee you bought.

what kind of shitty bar does not have sugar? You would lose a lot of customers for something that everybody has, what a poor analogy, I bet you also eat on a table like a casual, with fork and knife, and use subtitles instead of reading the lips or learning the original language of a movie.

Reason why souls games should not have an easy mode is because I would use it.

Thats it. Literally. Im that kind of guy who goes where the fence is the lowest. If i could play souls game with less effort put to it than normally I would use it. But in deel down i dont want it. Because then, it wouldnt be a souls game anymore.

They even give an undying punching bag at the start of the game to practice on which people have been begging for since DS.

I think you replied the wrong post or did not finish reading.

But the bar is specifically for black coffee only, people go there for it. If you want sugar you can go to a hundred other places to get it.

Does it ever get tiring to keep intentionally misunderstanding the point? The harm would be on the reader

I'm sorry sir but you went to the no sugar bistro I don't know what you expected. Our sister shop gay sugary slop is right next door though if you don't like our style you are more than welcome to start your own business or give your patronage to another store.

At the risk of giving credence to a >food analogy by expanding on it, if somebody walks into my Black Coffee Only shop, where I believe sugar ruins the experience of a good cup and thus serve none of it, then starts demanding I add a sugar mode, I'm not the idiot here.

>some heavily paralyzed fuck is getting in the public eye because he got better at a video game during a time that the fucking media of said medium demand that games be torn down

and it's one hundred percent the choice of the consumer if they want to "damage" their own experience or not

literally exercise self control

The best part is that Sekiro isn't even intentionally obtuse like the Souls games. They specifically made most of the things in the game clear as fuck and retards still refused to just read what items do let alone actually try them out.

Those examples are more about breaking the game, you're purposely using it as a toy, just something to mess around in. Which is fine, I've done the same, but that's not the game, it's a game engine you're messing around in.

No, I read your drivel and replied to it.

Sir, we pride ourselves on the quality of the coffee we serve and we've brewed to according to very specific qualifications, so if you keep making a scene I must ask you to leave

summons are basically easy mode im0

This is why Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne don't have respec

I want a tea.

Yeah, it is, but it's not necessary for the author to let you damage his work for yourself.

Yes, and that's true and it's why I don't mind if you use cheats or mods or whatever, but it's not the argument these articles are making - they're claiming the easy mode should be added because it would allow more people to experience the game which just isn't how it works

Why are you even here, did you not read the sign?

I want a veggie burger

this also rape and pedo content. if it bothers you you can just toggle it off. everyone wins.

Excuse me but can I have a glass of water instead?

Good thing "gamers" will swallow any manufactured outrage and keep breathing new life into it so they can milk it for weeks. But hey, you faggots get faked outrage in return! It's a win win

I also can't read. But I refuse to leave until you give me tea. And a free biscuit as your way to apologize.

Yeah, if you just ignore it they will go away. Just like always, nothing bad ever happens.

Games are to be messed around, they are interactive, you can deactivate music, change resolution, fov, lower and higher the volume, change the aesthetics of the game, the light, would you argue that you are supposed to play Dark souls at 30 fps because the developers could not be assed to make it run properly at 60?
Dead Space 2 did not even let you customize your keybinds, until a guy with mobility problems asked them for it because he could not otherwise use his special controller, would you argue that the developers want you to use certain keys and you must not change them?

>ignore it, it will go away
>just ignore it
I'm not giving them any clicks, but they are forcing a narrative.

Why don't you Dox the cheat engine website? People can use it to cheat and destroy Sekiro, if you loved FROM you would do everything in your power to stop them, but I guess you don't like the game as much as you say you do.

Yes, that's how journalism works, kiddo. But nah, gotta sate that outrage addiction, even if you're being their walking paycheck.

On the bright side no matter how much these shitters whine that something that wasn’t made for them is surprisingly not to their tastes From won’t bend to their bullshit.

Attached: E6258769-E224-4270-A151-6F4041FA9A76.jpg (1024x934, 122K)

I'm just going to make a wild guess since I haven't played Dead Space 2 but presumably its story and gameplay mechanics weren't based around specific keybinds

Accessibility Options =/= Difficulty

Yeah, Yea Forums is very clearly their main source of revenue.

Yea Forums gets thousands of thousands visitors, most who lurk. You don't think a single one of you gullible little shits will be curious to read the whole thing?
Hell, every single time a site mentions Yea Forums, 8ch or some subreddit, daily page views blast up.
Fucking retarded internet kids

Look at that, they're trying to shift the narrative again to claim a false sense of moral superiority at the expense of the disabled.

>Journalists who lied and cheated their way into their position cheat at video games and then lie about their lack of talent by hiding behind the disabled
Does this honestly surprise anybody? If you cheat at fucking video games because you can't complete it properly, you're the kind of loser who cheats in other aspects of life too. Look at trannies, we all know they're so obsessed with coasting through life that they snip off their own dick so they can be coddled like a child.

Attached: 1548868246603.png (738x669, 186K)

Fuck this shit. These people are fucking degenerate scum for using disabled people as a shield to hide their shitty agenda.

Look at Brolylegs, motherfucker plays fighting games and does well despite his condition. That isn't to say that all disabled people are Brolylegs, but to say that they're all DIFFERENT, just like the fucking rest of us. Some of them would be able to play Sekiro with/without easy mode just like some wouldn't be able to play it at all regardless of either of those things.

The "book should have ez-read, movie should skip to the parts I like" argument doesn't really hold weight because vidya is an entirely different beast due to being interactive. In an ideal world, every game would have an easy mode, but that doesn't guarantee jackshit and we don't live in an ideal world. And at the end of the day, it's a bunch of virtue-signaling shitflingers with white guilt that are no better than Yea Forums trying to hide the fact that they only want it to be easy so they don't have to fucking work hard and because they refuse to fucking practice and learn since "IT'S A VIDEO GAME IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THAT HARRRRD I NEED TO REVIEW IIIIIIIT" despite that LITERALLY being these jackasses jobs.

Attached: brolylegs.jpg (600x450, 30K)

You're confusing creative design with technical/money limitations and overlooking issues during production.

Its not really cheese if using your tools is the point of the game.

Attached: 1552421341562.png (709x513, 300K)

If it's 100% fundamental for the experience they want then yes. Simple as that. You want to change something? Use a cheat.
Games like Serious Sam let you change just about any variable you can think of. That's the experience the devs want to give you. Complete freedom to fuck around in.
Games like Sekiro aren't about complete freedom because it'd go against the most basic concept in their worldbuilding. It's not the expeirence the devs want you to have. If you want to go against that, the least you can do is cheat and stay quiet. To ask them to change is ridiculous.

Hitman Blood money has various level of difficulties, I played it at the basic, that way I could make mistakes and save, and now I play the 2016 one, aiming for SA, but I would have stopped earlier if the game had not gave me a leeway, just think of the say where you need to walk before you can run, you can't just learn how the game works right away.

>Well that's your personal experience and is okay, I played Doom with cheats when I was little and under cortisone and heavy antibiotics, years later I played both Dooms at Ultra violence, but I still enjoyed and enjoy playing with cheats, you mean you never played with big heads mode? Or gave everyone rocket launchers in Goldeneye? Or sent GTA pedestrians into a riot? Or used Notarget to explore the world and look at the various NPCs? Played the Half Life 2 campaign with the Gmod or just randomly spawning extra stuff for the heck of it? Changing physics, or speed
It's not the fucking same as making an easy mode.
Your examples are more like adding broccoli and meat to coffee and wondering what they taste like.

I thought all these people always wanted to have games be considered as art? Is there nothing more artistic than a piece of interactive art that plays to its medium's strength?

After all you can watch a movie completely.
You can read a book completely.
But only in video games are you forced to jump through the artist's hoops to be able to fully experience it.

>you can't just learn the game right away
But you can, though. You can learn literally every aspect of the game immediately after its introduction. If YOU can't, you might have a learning disorder.

At this point I'd rather trust a guy like that with reviewing games than gaming "journos".

Attached: 1553796015282.webm (640x360, 2.32M)

>In an ideal world, every game would have an easy mode
I think a good counterexample to this is Getting Over It. An easy mode for that game would remove basically the only thing that game is. For some games, the difficulty IS the game.

Imagine being forced to use claw mode and then discovering it was actually the superior option all along.

you can always watch someone better than you are play and complete sekrio if you're lacking the skill and intelligence to do so yourself.

What do you mean "At this point" I'd take 100 heavily disabled reviews over one modern journalist. Dude's playing the video game, something they can barely claim.

That was exactly my point too.

>Why don't you do completely unrelated thing? Checkmate, retard.

Yeah, just be an unthinking, unfeeling faggot drone like yourself that looks down his nose while these people are clearly trying to influence things and succeeding in a lot of cases.

Yeah, but I'd trust him more than Cupheadman long before I even identified that all modern journalists were worthless. Being a quadraplegic is a hell of a reviewer hook.

Surprise, if nobody bothered to click it, they'd get bankrupt like thousands of media sites does every year.
And yes, sorry kid, but your opinion isn't more worth than the next. And if they're two, then shit, guess you just gotta live with it. Or better yet, go to their site, give them a click and impotently cry over it, further alienating and informing people who'll check it out, from curiosity or seeking outrage.

I'm pissed that people patronize the disabled as if they think video games is a VERY BIG ISSUE for them.
Compared to anything else.

t. subhuman schizo tranny

Would you say you read Ulysses if you don't understand a single word? Would you say you watched a movie if you fell asleep halfway through?
Every art form has an entry bar, games are just the only ones that require more active input to get through them.

Literally the only thing this controversy tells me is that there are normal non-disabled people out there who have skills equal to if not worse than literal disabled individuals.

>it's all just a work, they don't believe this, and leaving them alone wouldn't have a negative impact even though they obviously have supporters, it's just a BIG work

Fuck off, coward.

>Would you say you read Ulysses if you don't understand a single word?
Well Sekiro has an english dub and subtitles doesn't it? That's already accessibility in action.

Nobody here is giving them clicks. Is your skull caved in? There's a reason there's no link to it here. Sorry faggot, people can say something is retarded and mock it and that is a far more effective deterrent that just looking away and pretending these people don't do what they do.

The translation is as exact as it could be to the original work. Difficulties are obviously radically disparate from the original difficulty and by their very nature cannot be exactly similar.

Lawrence from Funhaus is a fucking bitch, who would've known? What a faggot.

Literally not what I said, third worlder. Fuck off with your fake narrative.
Now that's just adorable naivety, as expected of kids not used to how idiots act, and Yea Forums is full of them.
You helpless faggots still scream sauce at anything, while people who been on the net longer than 6 months know how to find sources.
Are you so deluded as to think nobody knows OPs site after this shit being spammed here for all week?

Accessibility options are one thing, difficulty is something completely different. You can add every accessibility option you can think of to Sekiro without changing a single parameter in the difficulty.
Blind players can compete in fighting games if the sound design is good enough. They don't need to change the actual difficulty for that.

Just a heads up lads. I'm not advocating for an easy mode.

There is literally nothing hard about Sekiro because of the stealth deathblow mechanic. The only thing you need to actually fight are bosses, most of which is just rock-paper-scissors press the correct button during a perilous, and a rhythm game for parries. THAT'S IT. That's the entire game's "difficulty". You can unironically stand still for most of the boss fights.

>that's not what I SAID
>Yea Forums gets thousands of thousands visitors, most who lurk. You don't think a single one of you gullible little shits will be curious to read the whole thing?
>not implying it's a work
You are literally just saying "Ignore it and stop talking about it, they have no goal but to enrage you enough to give them clicks"

>fetus mode

That got a chuckle out of me.

>adorable naivety
From the faggot that still thinks that never acknowledging these people is the right move. You made up this retarded notion in your head that people look at the shit in the OP and go look for the source when the reality is most people will sit here and shitpost about it. I don't know what site it's from and I don't care.

>makes journalists mad
>panders to both lolicons and shotacons
>empowers disabled people by outing the virtuesignalling bastards using them as shields
How can Sekiro be so based?

Why should they have fun if they don't want to learn how to play the game? If they don't care enough to acquire the skills necessary to beat the game, they don't deserve to see the ending. If you just want to swing your sword like a retard without understanding the mechanics of the game, you can just grapple around and giggle at all the fun you are having.

This is just gatekeeping, my dude.

Gatekeeping is great, fuck people who demand entry with no investment.

If you thought Shao Khan was unfair, and you felt no satisfaction after beating him, why did you even try to beat him in the first place? Making Shao Khan easier wouldn't make him any less of a bullshit fight, it would just mean fighting him is irrelevant. Do you need to finish every game?

Says the guy who elevated Anita into stardom the first place by sperging at her instead of ignoring her.

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Are Casuals Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Play A Different Game Like Nigga Git Gud Haha

Exactly. That's the point of a hard boss in a game - gatekeeping. You have to overcome a challenge to proceed further. What would be the point of a boss if you could just steamroll him?

The shitposters who stay on Yea Forums didn't do that, the retards like yourself that want to sit around and pretend like nothing is happening and are fervently against mocking anyone allowed this shit to go on. Always comes back to "just ignore it, it will go away" which never actually works.

And over the last decade you've proven that giving all the attention to something only makes it worse. But you want that, don't you? So you can feel like an underdog victim with a clear enemy every day. Like a movie hero.

The fuck are you going on about? I want to shitpost on the shitposting website. If you can't handle that, go back to whatever site you came from.

In the general sense that difficulty is gatekeeping, yes.

>shitpost on the shitposting website
>this is the actual current default mentality of zoomers
Inviting reddit kids was the biggest mistake /pol/ and Yea Forums ever did, holy shit

Pretending to be an oldfag doesn't work when you get offended by people calling retarded shit retarded.

I hate what this world has become

Honesty how did we let it get so bad bros? We need to take back the baton and stop paying attention to this outrage culture

Anyone with half a brain knows no one is even offended by any of this shit they just think they can dictate what should and shouldn't be said so they can feel an ounce of power

Wish people would stop giving these fools attention

Attached: qdhbnnelp0o21.jpg (725x1020, 109K)

If Team Ninja could do it, why not From?

youtube.com/watch?v=YfFF76c1ER0

>Mocking the disabled by giving them a ribbon
This is toxic.

No, I'm just pointing out that shitkids these days genuinely act and think like you, thus killing the board.
Fucking kill yourself, not even Yea Forumstards were this cancerous

You are trying to play a game, not get a office job.

Keep pretending like you belong here, faggot. What kills this board are moral scolds like you and everyone sees right through it.