But really, wtf did he mean by this? Was he joking?

But really, wtf did he mean by this? Was he joking?

Attached: 4FADEC19-FCFD-47DC-B688-AE878009B0E0.png (800x1122, 362K)

yeah, he's a jokester

He was bullshiting, sans had no idea at that time how powerful they were. It's already been established that humans are OP as fuck, even a child could beat their king. One that was trained in combat or brought a powerful weapon like a glock or whatever would kick his ass.

Attached: 1540362324469.png (364x474, 101K)

Oh I just took it as Sans really wants to murder the human but because of his promise to Toriel, who he has respect for, he doesn’t kill them.

He's just holding himself from stopping you already because of the promise he did to toriel. Was it that hard to understand?

So he’s a bad guy? Why does he act so chummy with you in other parts of pacifist run then?

Not necessarily a bad guy, just would be willing to take you out to free the underground. If killing you to free the underground isn't an option then he's just cool with you

He's lazy (depressed) because he always figures the world is going reset anyway so why bother, you're not causing any major trouble in neutral/pacifist so it makes no difference to him if he killed you because it would just restart and you'd come back

Attached: JXqVOV4.gif (390x292, 184K)

Something that disappointed me regarding his character is that from his importance and power, you would expect some meaningful relationship with asgore considering he's pretty much the king and should have been aware of the existence of such monster in depth but sans happens to look like just that random character that happens to be very important and powerful.

After a war wouldnt it make sense if Asgore demanded Alphys to develop some sort of defense just in case something like that could happen again?

Specially that they lost their child, yeah.
I mean even with the resets, they would be aware of this detail or else toriel's motherly instict would make just no sense just as toriel and asgore divorce and the monsters that are aware of what happened in the corridor before asgore.

I played the game a long time ago but I dont remember exactly why asgore was so absent for such a long time considering that he would know right away about the mc (because it's strange to say the least that undyne or alphys wouldnt report it or even discovering it by mettaton's show) and he doesn't change his mind about fighting you right away even in pacifist route, so why didn't him act sooner.

>his importance and power,
Sans is neither important nor powerful.

Important by the sense of actually have such important knowledge and his fight is the hardest of the game for a reason.

I think it makes sense because they moved into the underworld just recently, I think they say that in a conversation with one of the npcs of snowdin

I don't remember this part?

What the fuck is a gaster blaster, anyhow. Is it a dog, or something?

But Asgore isn't privy to any of this knowledge and Sans doesn't share it with anyone. To everyone else he pretty much is an irrelevant mook.

Sans is only a difficult fight because he's aware of the game mechanics. He only has 1 hp, but he's the only enemy that knows to avoid attacks instead of just taking it. He only does 1 damage, but he doesn't give you invincibility frames.

giant goat/dragon skull?

His attacks patterns are harder than most monsters regardless

>But Asgore isn't privy to any of this knowledge
That's the worst part. It makes sans's existence make no sense at all, if he was related in somehow with the dreemurr family in any way, at least in the past, I could actually understand. I mean, for what reason exactly it would be him to have such important plot knowledge? It was someone like asgore or toriel it would make sense but why him exactly?

skull thing
it's hinted that he's related to gaster in some way, and possibly fell into undertale's world from another timeline. maybe we'll find out in deltarune.

>if he was related in somehow with the dreemurr family in any way, at least in the past
He is. He has connections with Gaster who was the old royal scientist before Alphys.

Its because Asgore doesn't really want to kill you, or escape the Underground (since he only needed one other soul to leave and go get the remaining souls from the surface to open the barrier). He just kinda hopes the problem sorts itself out without his involvement.

Sans is the most morally reprehensible character in Undertale. You can slaughter all of his friends and as long as you don't literally purge the world of all life he won't lift a finger, but no matter what you do, he always has the fucking nerve to judge you for your actions, as if his complete pacifism gives him some kind of moral high ground.

The game should make you aware that he's aware about you or about his position regarding it beforehand but we don't see anyone actually reporting him directly, when they even have phones to talk with each other or him actually checking from time to time if everything is fine, heck he's even surprised when he sees you.

Speculations. He better come up with actual writing and specially regarding papyrus (which makes him the most questionable, really)

even if it's poor writing it's good to know that at least there's some link, because like I said, it would make no sense for him to not have anything and have such knowledge for some reason.

>Speculations. He better come up with actual writing
I mean I guess? Undertale is a character driven narrative; Sans knowing that shit isn't overly important to narrative, just the background lore of the game. Also, why would it not make sense for him to have that knowledge and not be connected to the Dreemurs?

He's surprised to see you because he expected someone else would have wasted you instead, like the other souls. He's probably tending to his garden to avoid the reality of the whole situation, to get his mind off the fact that a child is gonna fucking die and he's gonna have to wage a war his ass can't check

You looking too deep into it, like, really. Alphys literally knows that youre on your way with meeting with him and she does not tell him for some reason.

I am just pointing out some details that makes no sense at all.

Toriel pretty much says it in the Pacifist version
>You pathetic whelp. If you really wanted to free our kind... You could have gone through the barrier after you got ONE SOUL... Taken SIX SOULS from the humans, then free us all... instead just waiting here, meekly waiting for another human to come.

>I am just pointing out some details that makes no sense at all.
I just asked you why it don't make sense though. Being connected with the Dreemurs isn't a prerequisite to gain knowledge about the timeline mechanics, Sans doesn't need any connection with them to know about that stuff.

Why she didnt told it to him soon then? He would have done something sooner specially because he still clearly likes toriel. I have seen self awareness so many times in stories as way of excusing poor writting that honestly it doesn't meant anything

She presumably did. That was why she left him.

A weapon that looks like a skull that shoots lasers. The game doesn't tell you this. It's how they're named in the game files.

Like I said, Because it would make no sense for him to have such power and not have asgore's awareness of his nature.

The real question is why asgore even have so many followers if he's such a shit king desu

He only reveals that he's as strong as he is when you've literally fucking killed everyone else besides him, Asgore and Flowey. Its safe to assume no one knew about it because he was outwardly lazy.

>Like I said, Because it would make no sense for him to have such power and not have asgore's awareness of his nature.
That has already been countered though. Sans doesn't fight anyone besides you in the genocide route and he isn't actually powerful; he only knows how to cheat the system. No one is aware of his ability to do this because he doesn't tell anyone. There aren't any circumstances where anyone knows about him being able to do this.

So again, why does it not make sense?

Thank you. Finally someone who remembers the most defining line about Asgore. After killing children he's a broken man. He doesn't do what would be logical. He doesn't leaves the underground to hunt for more souls in the human world, he doesn't hunt you down in the underworld either, he hopes other monsters kill you before you reach him, he stares at the ground during his fight and he breaks the mercy button because he doesn't want to be forgiven.

She didn't want him to do it, she was just calling him out on being wishy-washy.

He's a nice guy. He visits schools and shit.

He's a boss monster. The fuck are they gonna do

did you played the fucking game?

his wife

You would think that he would request alphys to make a more powerful creation or maybe train/reinforce monsters just so he could cover his ass in any case the monsters werent able to stop the children beforehand

He's good for the day-to-day stuff. He just can't deal with big decisions.

>Speculations
Speculations that is pretty much all but confirmed, especially considering his skulls things he uses as laser cannons are called Gaster Blasters. And it's pretty much confirmed Sans is some kind of scientist considering the secret room you can access with the key you find in his bedroom.

Not that they moved in recently.
That their history was unspecified.
That's because the other skeleton, the Royal Scientist, and presumably the one who supplied all the money for them to move in the first place, happened to seppuku himself and erase himself from existence.
Thus, instead of a Skeleton family moving into Snowdin for a clearly-explained reason by a person with clear intentions, those explanations and intentions were erased from history, and now they've just sort of ... spontaneously existed.

Their other options are Toriel, Papyrus, Undyne, and Mettaton.
... Kind of makes me wonder, what if Muffet became king of the Underground?

I bet he has a terrific tax policy.

Ok but why doesn't it make any sense? Why would asgore automatically know about it?

Most monsters aren't attacking you.

They clearly are, apart from maybe the plane and to an extend toriel and papyrus

Monsters can totally bring down humans, they got 7 coffins to show for it.
But also I'm sure he's aware of their destructive potential, which gives him more the reason to want to nip it in the bud.

pretty sure in the game it states that most monsters are just passing by, merely being in their presence is an assault on your soul or something

Some monsters are attacking you, but that's kind of their civic duty. It just straight business sometimes too, like with the guards.

> wants to
Could have.

yes SOME monsters are legitimately trying to kill you

Monsters have a weaknesss against humans and everyone is afraid of them

Have you fought sans before? dude is fucking OP

Only because he was abusing the game mechanics themselves yet he is useless without it
Remember he has only 1 HP

The humans don't exactly have a good reputation in Undertale.

>Sans is only a difficult fight because he's aware of the game mechanics.
That's still great power though.

>Sans is only a difficult fight because he's aware of the game mechanics.
You're only a protag for the same reasons

She left him for the exact opposite; for him being willing to kill and reap souls to liberate all of monsterkind
"My wife, however, became disgusted with my actions. She left this place, never to be seen again."
When she says that, it's purely out of frustration, just to shove Asgore somewhat down, even tho it's essentially contradicting her original views, which, one would assume, she still holds
They're both broken, almost beyond any help and they both paid incredible toll. And how both of them behaved is just consequence of tragedy

I dunno
Sexy, cannibalistic, ultracapitalist jewry?

False, Asgore actualy knows about resets, he nods when you say that he killed you X times.

Why did I read "joestar" I hate this place.

Toriel asked him to not hurt any humans came down here, because she believed they were harmless and meant well. Sans really liked Toriel and decided to hold up that promise to her. If he never made that promise, Frisk would be mince meat the second he saw him/her.

Maybe if you played the game or read into the story, you'd KNOW this.

Attached: 1553999706011.jpg (720x720, 66K)

I'm sure if he wanted to he could have abused the game's mechanics when he first met you. Assuming this is your first playthrough, you would definitely get your shit slapped. Anyone would. That's kind of the point of that little comment. All of us would get our asses whooped.

Attached: 1554689478217.png (451x639, 195K)

Those were all human children who fell 50ft into a cave, plus they all made it pretty far in the underground as we can tell from the items they left behind.

>sans bothering to kill a kid for no reason
he made a promise to protect frisk, not killing him was just part of that even though he's too lazy to do it anyway.

Sans uses karma to attack, assuming you haven't done anything wrong it would be ineffective against you. Fris is a kid so they couldn't have done much wrong, even if they killed all the monsters in the ruins sans would be too weak as Chara is pretty much satan and sans still has to resort to abusing the game to beat them

>no reason
To be fair, he's a HUMAN child. And to Monsters, humans are cold hearted beasts from the depths of hell. And if human children in Undertale are stronger than they look, then no wonder they're afraid.

Because he'll get fish lady to kick their ass if they revolt

Sans doesn't want to kill Frisk for no reason. Sans knows about chara, asriel, flowey and genocide routes. He knows everything going on. The exact reason why is unclear, the game hints about it with his hidden scientific equipment and his comment about receiving "reports", but the result is unmistakable. He knows everything. If you genocided the monsters in the ruins, he already knows. He's the character that judges you in the golden corridor at the end of the game because he watches your conduct the whole time. If he wanted the current timeline to be safe he would kill you immediately at the start of the game but he promised Toriel he would give you a fair chance, and he won't do anything unless you are absolutely irredeemable.

So, he has what they call "skills" ?

Not really sure why everyone creamed themselves over this game, it has some neat ideas but it's not that crazy. The story is omg you're such a piece of shit if you kill everyone or friendship is power if you don't. It also delves into being meta but what doesn't these days? The music was alright but honestly I just found myself more annoyed with the game than anything. It's also only like 5 hours on the hardest play through