What the FUCK did they do to the halberd?

What the FUCK did they do to the halberd?

Attached: 220px-Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (220x317, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/74/
youtube.com/watch?v=_v-xM2tzljA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

at least the spin is good now

Wait until you get a scythe

Attached: 1523814276536.jpg (354x423, 16K)

Why the fuck did they even make 3 of these games when none of them came close to Demon's Souls and why did people keep buying them when each installment actually got worse?

It was one of the best weapons in ds1 it can't be that bad in ds2.

user...

W-what did they do?

Demon's Souls is poopy, it's level-based and sheit.

They added sweet spot. Don't fight with halberd like it's a fucking short sword and you'll be fine.

>royal rat authority
>actually is a dog

Attached: rrr.jpg (257x196, 9K)

fug off I want my old ds1 moveset back, this is abysmal.

Black Knight Halberd is top tier in the early-mid game.

>They fucked up the longsword moveset by swapping the 1h and 2h r2s with eachother.
But WHY.

Attached: cop.jpg (204x175, 5K)

They fucked up everything in this game if you didn't already notice. Animations are slow and shitty.

Literally the moment I started playing I noticed there was something off with the movement. I googled to see if it was just me and, sure enough, lots of people were complaining about it to the point that there's fanmade mods to fix it. But you get banned online if you use em.

Attached: ds deadzone.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

Level adaptability. Controversial to tie animation speeds to stats but with ADP in the mid-high 20's the sluggish feeling wears off IMO. Especially compared to DS1 and DeS

I think the only thing that WASN'T worse was the covenant and multiplayer stuff in general, even though the netcode is still horrible.

Attached: h-he's fast.webm (478x268, 2.95M)

DS1 has its animations tied to dexterity, you fucking idiot.

My mistake, I will now commit sudoku

What the fuck did they do to every weapon type in the game. Dark Souls 2's animations are so fucking bad

>What the FUCK did they do to the halberd?
changed its moveset and made it require 2 hits to deal max damage

The bigger atrocity was how they fucked up miracles, sorcery, hex's and pyromancy
Pyromancy got shit on the worst, can't start the game with a pyromancer flame and you have to get fire seeds to level up the glove, dark pyromancer flame was OP as fuck though

Dark Pyromancy Flame ended up scaling worse than regular. Casting was actually viable in PvP in 2 though, unlike the others.

/also hexes got fucked in 3./

Not just animations, the game itself is ugly as hell.

Attached: ocarina of time.jpg (1422x800, 369K)

>Dark Pyromancy Flame ended up scaling worse than regular
Did they change it?
From what I remember as long as you were hollow it was stronger than the regular pyromancy flame?

Earthen peak's interior isn't the only area in the game, user.

He is an authority in the royal rats covenant, just like you can join in too, what's the problem?

DS1 halberd (i.e. weapon called "Halberd") had atrociously bad moveset. It was like playing with a spear and not a real halberd.
For some reason when talking about halberds in DS1 every faggot thinks only about Black Knight Halberd which is a fucking random drop and most of the people probably never got it on their first playthrough.

nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/74/

Attached: 74-1-1399328595.png (534x377, 59K)

>1HR2 with the ds2 halberd.
What the fuck

The problem is that they seemingly forgot that there's this thing called lighting.

Attached: hilarious message also ds2 looks ugly as fuck holy hell.jpg (1920x1080, 622K)

They also ruined the Zweihander by swapping the two handed pancake for a thrust

I went through ds1 with the regular halberd no problem, the only black knight weapon I ever got was the black knight sword which was also pretty strong.

>using a halberd
>using a spear
lmao is there an easier way to spot shitters?

If you want the DaS1 halberd farm the Syan Knights with the halberds.

Scythe is literal great in DaS2 though.

Attached: 1523349101178.jpg (1920x1079, 689K)

those aren't even remotely close to the most game breaking weapons in these games.

>is there an easier way to spot shitters
magic

wow das2 looks worse as the years go by

Ironically DaS2 is the only game with actual dynamic lighting.

Attached: thelostcrownDLCs.jpg (1477x983, 893K)

Yeah the dlcs are the least ugly areas in the game, fittingly enough.

>the miracles nerf
Why the fuck did they need to kill all the offensive miracles when they were already average offensive spells at best?

Attached: 1531100752956.jpg (569x872, 206K)

DaS2 is a bad and good game at the same time, just like DaS3

Attached: 1554549984132.png (332x378, 190K)

Attached: das2 before and after.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

There's plenty of great looking areas, there's just a ton of areas that look so fucking terrible that they're permanently burned into your memory.

Attached: 1523347141986.jpg (1920x1000, 1012K)

I never once felt myself enjoying ds2, I just wanted to get it over with.

The fuck happened?

consoles couldn't run it

>plenty
Not really.

PS3

But they could run this?

*Ahem*
FUCK THE RAT COVENANT

this is garbage.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

If you say so.

Attached: undead crypt.jpg (1920x2560, 1.61M)

I felt that for 3

Boy does it.

Attached: 2013005.jpg (1920x1080, 406K)

There was a demo with old lighting running on PS3. They let few people play it. Multiple streamers and youtbers shared their video.
PS3 could handle it. They probably scrapped it due to tight schedule.

>One of the very few high punishing coop fights.
>Everyone whine about it ceaselessly.

Are you talking about the network test? Because that was downgraded too, just not as badly as the release build.

What the fuck? It looks like they didn't even try

DaS2 had the best lore hands down.

by far the worst bosses in a souls game
>some of the bosses are modeled after past game bosses just made smaller
>lots of bosses are "fight multiple things at once"
>boss weapons suck ass so it's always better to use the souls for early leveling

Attached: ps1 game.jpg (1600x842, 425K)

DaS2 was chopped down and remade to run on consoles at the last minute. Some areas were more finished than others.

They didn't. The game got scrapped halfway through development and they had to quickly scrape together something semi-coherent.

The real question is what light to mid weapons DaS2 DIDN'T ruin?

For example this:
youtube.com/watch?v=_v-xM2tzljA
The lighting and particles seems to be the same the same as in the reveal trailer.

>just not as badly as the release build.
What? The network test uses the same shitty lighting as in the final game

>DS2 will get a proper remake that has DS3 graphics and better level designs

It hurts because there is some good shit in DS2 like Bonfire Aescetics and Powerstancing.

lmao 2cat

That probably wasn't running on PS3 hardware, there would have been no reason to scrap it

>>DS2 will get a proper remake that has DS3 graphics
That's just a different type of ugly.

*Will never get

This looks like a Resident Evil 4 screenshot.

Attached: Dark_Souls_II.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

It really sucks when a franchise has a flawed but interesting entry but the devs get so scared of it either due to poor sales or backlash that they never look at the mechanics objectively and choose to continue to develop them in future titles. RIP powerstancing, ascetics, covenant of champions and actually fun covenants

>fun covenants
No such thing, what with the netcode being trash, bonus for people constantly alt+f4-ing the moment you invade them.

That's a bullshot, even Scholar's Shaded Woods with max SSAO doesn't look like that.

>low res
>zoomed in
gee I wonder why

memeber the heineken texture?
fucking autismo devs

That's the hilarious part, they sent these bullshots to journalists to promote the game and it still looks ugly.

Attached: 025576.jpg (1200x675, 172K)

CoC was just a cop-out for the garbage limited enemy respawn mechanic. And by the way, FUCK DaS2 covenants.

>cracked orbs only
>150 (one hundred and fifty) wins on duelshit containment chambers for WoG

Halberd was alright, unparriable 2h R1s, but then you got the shitty scythe moveset, and sweetspot mechanics fucking it up. My first complete playthrough was with the halberd, terrible times.

That's a promotional screenshot buddy. It looks better than the actual game in that area.

>not ascending to twinblades

lul

I always thought those guys had huge ballsacks, but it's just their guts

it's still the best weapon in the game

but that's wrong you fucking retard only casting speed is affected by dex

At least the best weapon was still the best weapon

Attached: Claymore DaS2.png (220x165, 6K)

>DaS2 is the only game with actual dynamic lighting.

I'm still pissed about bloodborne and dark souls 3 not having dynamic shadows on your own fucking TORCH, how fucking hard would it be to implement damn hacks

BB engine hardly works as is, I can do without shitty inaccurate shadows.

>DaS2 haters are just grafix whores
Who would've thunk

yeah it's not like people are complaining about weapons too or anything.

What's weird about bloodborne there are some set lightsources in the first area that cast dynamic shadows.
The bonfires and lights in the forbidden woods almost exclusively use dynamic shadows aswell but only in these areas.

Graphics wouldn't have made that abortion any better tbqhwyf.

DS2 is the only game with mo-capped animations and it shows. Shit like the Mace is just awful, you can clearly tell the actor is just randomly swinging a foam thing.

Attached: The_Falconer_Stride.png (418x498, 235K)

yes I remember when you go down the stairs in yosefka's clinic the light from the window has godrays and full dynamic shadow cascading on your character, almost no other light source in the ENTIRE game does it

it's like they could go with global illumination but instead went with some pre-baked trash from the ps2 era, most likely because they wanted to implement those shit meme filters like chromatic aberration that suck RAM like a whore

I don't care much about graphics considering I still have a potato that can only run Sekiro at a buttery smooth 30fps at low settings but DaS2 is legitimately, offensively hideous at times and the animations suck. You don't need high grafixx to make a game look pleasing to the eye, art direction matters more than that.

The rest of the dlc doesn't look nearly as good as that.
Really the only good looking areas are the outside parts of drangleic castle and that cathedral in the tower of flames when looked from afar, no idea why the rest of the game looks so uglier in comparison.

Attached: Dark-Souls-2-DLC.jpg (1920x1080, 986K)