What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: genichiro-ashina-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-wiki-guide.jpg (300x168, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rokurokubi
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futakuchi-onna
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally had an old man lodged up his ass

>His land was on the verge of collapse and being taken
>Lost the magical hax child he thought could fix things
>Got BTFO three times (if Sekiro wins the tutorial and lets just say he does)
>Took diluted dragon crack
>On top of an invading force, had other crazy shit like giant ass snakes and gun toting monkeys running around.

I dunno you tell me

Peasant genetics

Why wouldn't Kuro just help restore Ashina to glory?

He was too much of a jobber

He was a patriot

Because the dragon's heritage is not a good thing in the long run
Isshin agrees

where do i go next? i just 'beat' this guy at the top of the tower/castle. my options are;
jump into bottomless pit
go out of the back of the castle and down the path
climb the forest-y looking mountain

which path is easiest

Bottomless pit, it has a varia suit upgrade at the end

Dragon Rot would most likely fuck over everyone and he'd still lose

Forest mountain temple.

He's a jobber. But I guess at least he jobs to Sekiro and not some weak bitch?

Why did Isshin fight Sekiro at the end?

He was a fucking faggot. Hated him all the way through

Bottomless Pit is best option. You get an important ability and avoid a potentially annoying boss if you don't want to deal with it

Cause it was his grandson’s wish to restore ashina and the only way to do so was by killing sekiro and getting the immortality from kuro

I mean. He was honoring a wish but mostly it was "fuck it let's fight dude. It'll be so cash."

It was Genichirou's last wish
Isshin is absolutely disgusted about it but at least he gets to fight. Isshin loves to fight.

>My grandson is a bit of an idiot but had good intentions and he's still family
>Restore family honor
>Yo I just want an awesome fucking fight and you are the only badass mother fucker around with a chance of giving me one

A combination of these

muh ashina

Isshin is the inverse of "King Big Sad Guy" trope from Souls.
Ashina may be fucked but at least everyone will die as humans instead of soul eating zombies or some shit.

he was a manlet that was constantly being bested by a manlettier manlet

>You get an important ability and avoid a potentially annoying boss if you don't want to deal with it
You get a memory for killing him, I don't recommend skipping him

>muh ashina

His heart is in the right place.
He's just a retard too blinded by his love for his land to see the side-effects of saving his people through such corruption.

Important ability? For what is it important?

i prefer the english dub

I prefer english subs because I dunno if japanese can make sandwiches very well.

I've got a question about the final fight:

Why/how was Sword Saint lodged inside of Genichiro?

>play game
>can't customize character
>stuck with one weapon only
>and the same armor

This is a B-team game, isn't it?

For traversing bodies of water

fishing

Black Mortal Blade creates a portal to the underworld. Apparently the portal was the wound Genichiro inflicted on himself.

Oh that one. I was thinking the one you got for the ape which is not very useful. Cool. But not that useful.

Yeah but you can do him any time on revisit. Otherwise you are forced to do him.

Probably connected to why Isshin is suddenly dead.

He wasn't. The black mortal blade acts as a way to open a portal to the underworld. Genichiro literally turned himself into a portal for his grandpap Isshin.

The Black Mortal Blade can open up a portal to the underworld. Just so happened that said portal was opened up in Genichiro's neck.

Why did Isshin attack you?
Why did sculptor become demon?

My first playthrough was in Japanese and now I'm doing it in English. The English dub is very disconcerting and contextually bizarre. I'm only going to get through it so that I can guarantee I hear all of the dialogue in my own tongue rather than worry about missing anything due to reading too quickly.

He sacrificed everything to try to salvage what his grandfather conquered. And you take that away from him

Attached: 1554746653954.jpg (780x768, 279K)

This and this.

Did Genichiro deliberately summon Isshin out of his neck to defeat Sekiro? What was his endgame at that point?

>Why did Isshin attack you?
Genichiros final wish/he wanted to fight you because he's a shonen protagonist
>Why did sculptor become demon?
Years of repressing becoming shura after Isshin cut off his arm

Beckoned by the Black Mortal Blade. It's a combination of Isshin wanting a final good fight before resting for good and bound to honor the wish of his grandson.
The Sculptor was on the verge/became Shura before Isshin BTFO'd him, and he was placed in the temple, carving Buddha to try and soothe his rage and ire. It worked for a time but when Ashina got invaded and went to shit, the repressed wrath of Shura was unleashed in a much worse way and turned him into a full on demon.

ELIPHAAAAS

Attached: 1376328746618s.jpg (499x499, 118K)

Nah, Isshin was sick and on his last legs. There's multiple dialogues about how he ought to be dead already and yet the crazy bastard is running around chopping up ninja to the last moment.
Calling him back for the mother of all duels is probably the nicest thing anyone ever did for him, Isshin is the sort that wanted to die on the battlefield, not sprawled on tatami.

He was already a demon

Attached: 20190408005028_1.jpg (1920x1080, 337K)

he's a jobber

"If I can't do it then grandad can fix this mess!"

>Isshin
read the thread
>Sculptor
He was paying the price for all his crimes (karmic themes and whatnot). He was in the process of becoming shura, that's why Isshin cut his arm, to make him unable to fight. Emma put him in the temple with all those warding tags on the outside and made him carve buddhas in hope of restoring his karma. He says that his buddhas have a hateful form for all the hate he carries.
The game mentions that after the war a demon spirit was roaming the land, like an impersonation of the bloodshed that occured. The sculptor eventually becomes the host for it. In the shura ending you may become the host for it.

>What was his endgame at that point?
He completely lost it, all the characters bring it up at some point prior. The fact that he stabs Kuro once he realizes he'll never get the dragon's heritage: he's forgotten about Ashina completely. Such is the nature of the rejuvenating water.

If the black mortal blade opens portals what does the red one do?

>Nah, Isshin was sick and on his last legs.
You don't just go from being able to walk around and fight to dying in a couple of hours. Isshin had at least a couple of months left and it would make more sense to go a last time to the battlefield since he loved to kill the ministry invaders anyway.

Dying so suddenly and in Kuro's room is really suspicious.

Sever immortality and it can kill mortals who draw it. It's more about the former than the latter.

a shitty weapon art

OoOoOoOo thanks user.

>every game must have a character costumization

Retarded.

It's possible but Emma would've mentioned if Genichiro stormed in and killed Isshin and kidnapped Kuro. Instead she says Kuro left for the secret passage to wait for wolf. It's likely they all congregated there once the fighting outside got fierce and Isshin keeled over while guarding them.
He's a bloodthirsty maniac but he's a responsible guy too.

When you were conceived it was by the B-team parents.

Not an argument. No weapons/armor/customization is an objective downgrade.

Also
> Children keep going missing and there’s rumor that those fucking degenerates at the temple at the mountain nearby are responsible for it
> Rats fucking everywhere in your city

Date Masamune was coming for the rematch and Tokugawa knew the time was right to retake Ashina after the idiots Hideyoshi left in charge lost the territory to Isshin during Sekigahara. He also had a fuck crazy bird man from the woods trying to kill everyone cause he thought he was the new Nobunaga, a pretentious little shit of an immortal that wanted to take the knot instead of glory, and a one armed ninja with a wooden skeleton arm that fucks buddhist lolis for rice and can't die answering a call greater than fighting Tokugawa.

God forbid the devs have an idea that doesn't include those things.

She should have mentioned in any case why Isshin is lying dead on the floor. It's fucking common courtesy to explain how someone died that you knew when you suddenly find their corpse with a person right next to them.

Emma sounded more like an accomplice to Genichiro than anything else, leading you right to him like he wanted. You can fan theorize all you want but the entire lead up to Isshin's rebirth and the result are completely retarded.

She wants the Dickero

Attached: 5E687D10-C7DB-41F4-917A-6F491E79D80F.jpg (800x1119, 137K)

Dragonrot will eventually kill everyone that isn't immortal. Being infested is objectively the better choice between two shitty options

The entire country would get dragonrot if Genichiro got immortality

Not really because everyone looks dead while they have centipedes all over them. Neither are good, but at least with dragonrot they're dead and not filled with centipedes.

Dragonrot is fucking irrelevant. Genichiro would become Shura as he would just continue to kill endlessly with his immortality.

She does. "Lord Isshin finally succumbed to his illness".

You're the only one making retarded fan theories because you didn't understand the story. Thinking she's Genichiro's accomplice is the ultimate "I didn't pay attention."

Is the Interior Ministry suppose to be Tokugawa Ieyasu and his army? I mean the trailer said the game takes place during the ending days of the Sengoku Jidai period. This means most of the fighting and battles have already taken place and it just Tokugawa cleaning up shit now.

I meant better in that infestation won't kill everyone who isn't infested unlike having ashina soldiers constantly sucking everyone's souls little by little each time they die.

I don't know, but I assume that's what happens. Sekiro is kind of just...in the middle of things.

It's an alternate history where Isshin launched a coup during Sekigahara and retook Ashina instead of the Ashina clan faded from existence after getting their asses beat by Data "put ya guns on" Masamune. The ministry flags have a similar, but different symbol to Tokugawa and the game files themselves call the red armored soldiers Tokguawa Samurai.
Basically Isshin got a truce with Ieyasu, but now that Isshin is fucking dead there's no reason to honor the truce and they can force Ashina under Shogunate rule.

It would spread to everyone in Ashina eventually I would think. Then there'd be a real problem. Ministry can't burn the infestation away.

>Is the Interior Ministry suppose to be Tokugawa Ieyasu and his army?
Yes, the invading central army at the end of the game has his Mon.

Historically, the Ashina were stamped out by Date during his unification of the north, though persistent rumors of remnants remained as a subject of folklore. Amusingly enough in one folk tale the remnants of Ashina all trained as Ninja.

Less a truce and more a cease fire because Isshin basically kept fucking single handedly murdering every attempt to take Ashina.

so after the invasion starts at the end, can you enable every buddha statue again? or are there some that are fucked forever?

Attached: 17635200_1371998326192120_6886086631475348005_o.jpg (2048x1638, 186K)

Haha wow, you're pretty illiterate man. Just wait for your favorite lore youtuber to chew the story up and regurgitate it in your mouth, you're not smart enough to absorb it on your own.

Wow rude

The outskirts are pretty much reduced to half the original zones.

Apart from a small handful in the very beginning areas you can more or less get them all back.

He’s a jobber piss child and Isshin probably wished he had adopted Sekiro instead

So what year does Sekiro take place exactly?
I know it's set in the late 1500's.. But I can't exactly work out the exact year.

Didn't know when to let go

Pretty much every person in a position of power understands that Ashina is over except him

> Way of Tomoe makes every boss easier
Did Tomoe train everyone wrong as a joke?

It's in 1620. The game starts twenty years after the battle of Sekigahara.

Yes.

Tomoe was an immortal okami lightning mommy that fucked her beloved shota. Why do you think everyone that was trained by her was cock hungry for Kuro? They needed the shota milk to actually be strong.

HA

Because its a reference to Kuon. Actually, centipedes coming out of neck stumps and a big grey ape boss are also references to Kuon.

Attached: Kuon.jpg (800x650, 88K)

>he thinks it's a reference to Kuon
>and not that Kuon took it from the same stories Sekiro did
Nigga there are only so many ways you can use the same myths and folk stories.

Dude, both are From Software games and they reference both Souls and Kings Field in Sekiro too.

Attached: Kuonboss.jpg (581x800, 118K)

Thanks.

You can dude me all you want but that doesn't change the fact that you're a retard. Were they referencing Onimusha too? Or Brave Fencer Musashi? I bet they were referencing Okami as well!
Nigga they're literally pulling from the same Japanese folk stories.

>people trying to explain the story
story is just bad, it doesn't make any sense

Attached: 798.png (593x540, 306K)

Where was the kings field ref?

>some enemies and Sekiro are missing their arm
>it's their left arm
>branch was taken from the divine dragon tree so the dragon itself is missing its left arm

what does it all mean? why the left hand?

>kill the divine dragon
>stab and slice it in its left eye for the tears
>isshin is dead right after
>he had a scar over his missing left eye

WHAT

DOES

IT

ALL

MEAN??!?!!??

it's extremely straightforward and you're a retard
in fact you probably didn't even play the game and are just shitposting for fun

What part doesn’t make sense?

Nah, you're just autistic

>Nigga they're literally pulling from the same Japanese folk stories.
The area of the game is called ASHina and plenty of other Souls references. But all similarities to Kuon, nope those are just all coincidences that have nothing to do with the fact From has made both games and Kuon has started many trends in their other games (evil tree-idea is from Kuon).

Now explain carefully how they can reference pretty much all of their previous games (even Tenchu which they only published) but purposefully avoided refencing Kuon. Go ahead, brainlet.

Attached: MGSEscape.jpg (610x343, 30K)

Ok but why was it necessary for her to vore Kuro and what happens if they reach their destination and why could Kuro not just go there himself?

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-09 01-23-46-526.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

I cant even imagine being this stupid

Attached: wtf.gif (452x308, 3.25M)

Wasn't Kuro dying?

Don't forget stabbing the Snake and the Bull in their left eye.

>and why could Kuro not just go there himself?
Considering Kuro's body kinda got slashed by the justchiros Mortal blade. He wasn't exactly in the best shape to go

Why did he never learn not to do thrust attacks? He's going to get countered every time.

He wasn't dying until Genichiro fucked him up, but the plan even before then was to shove him inside Magical Rice Girl as though it was necessary somehow.

!

Attached: a1128.png (274x337, 203K)

Ashina clan (蘆名氏) is a Japanese clan that emerged during the Sengoku period.[1]

The clan claims descent from Taira clan through the Miura clan. Sometimes the kanji Kan-on characters "芦名" and "葦名" are used also. The name came from the area called Ashina in the city of Yokosuka in Kanagawa Prefecture.

There were two branches of the clan: Sagami-Ashina (相模蘆名氏) and Aizu-Ashina (会津蘆名氏). Sagami-Ashina originated when Miura Yoshitsugu's third son adopted the name Ashina. Aizu-Ashina was descented from Miura Yoshiaki's seventh son Sawara Yoshitsuru. Some sources disagree however. During the Muromachi period the clan claimed the shugo of Aizu. In 1589 the clan suffered a severe loss against Date Masamune at the Battle of Suriagehara, leading to the demise of the clan.

The Ashina play a prominent role in Futaroh Yamada's novel Yagyu Ninpocho where, following their defeat by Masamune, they went into hiding only to emerge years later as shinobi in service to the daimyō of Aizu.

Attached: 1502574705833.png (192x187, 94K)

Nigger detected, no wonder you done goofed.

Yes, and the game choosin Ashina as a setting and having FISTFUL OF ASH as one of the first fucking items IS JUST A COINCIDENCE GUYS. Jesus fuck people are dumb.

Attached: 1504637624328.png (364x271, 56K)

You got me there. I guess Rice child just needs his soul in her for some reason?

Until the ending I just assumed she would somehow magically extract the dragon stuff from him and he becomes normal but yeah it seemed like the plan was always to absorb Kuro which is just weird. A healthy Kuro would just have needed the location and could have gone there himself

>grandpa conquered shit and keeps it together
>now that he's weak all your enemies are poring in
>too weak to repel them like granpa
what a cuck

I don't think you kill the Divine dragon. If you preform the "execution" when it still has health it doesn't go down. It also doesn't say shinobi execution and the body doesn't disappear. You just cut out it's tears

lmao just abuse the AI and it's just as easy as one

And its filled with Ash because its a cold fucking country so people burn alot of wood.
its in the fucking description for crying out loud.

"Ash gripped into a hardened clump. Throw it at an enemy to temporarily distract them.

In Ashina, the snow falls thick and thus the hearth runs with ash."

not EVERYTHING is connected you mongoloid

Attached: 3cf4c59d0a0019aafa4cb963bf301ca5.png (664x604, 523K)

>kill the divine dragon
nah it's gracious gift of tears

Bad character design

>not EVERYTHING is connected you mongoloid
Yes, From are known for never, ever referencing their older games. Its all just a pure coincidence.

Attached: Moonlightsword.png (1398x1114, 575K)

>Crawls out of your grandson
>Steals his hat
what a fucking dickhead

Attached: 1554484218641.png (1280x720, 1.59M)

it is questionable but I decided on kill because you get a memory and isshin dies as well because there is a connection on some level

Unrelated, Sekiro isnt connected to the older Souls or Kings Field games.

No moonlight sword in Sekiro, closest we got was the dragon’s, but even that’s based on a real life artifact.

Way to miss the whole point. Now tell me why From suddenly decided to not reference anything in Sekiro all of a sudden and all perceived similarities to their previous games are just pure coincidence?

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Attached: GABRAP.png (1123x662, 680K)

MAMMA MIA! PEACH HAS GOTTEN THE DRAGONROT!

Attached: 4769141354.jpg (960x540, 52K)

>all the similarities
>literally just an item named "Ash"
ok autist

It's-a go time!

Attached: 4770170400.jpg (720x405, 32K)

Because they wanted an original new product unrelated to their previous franchise?

Attached: f9b7357861e6c78d3c8981c57c075ec7.png (237x228, 30K)

BING BING WOOOOOOOOOOO

>beat him
>huh where does this shinobi wall go
>it goes to the dilapidated temple
this is iron keep elevator levels of bullshit

it's supposed to be just a hidden escape tunnel so there'd be nothing in it and it is cut short because of it

It's a slide dont worry about it

>just managed to beat him after several hours of trying

I managed to make him stay in his sword form for 2 phases, was that a fucking glitch? I really lucked out there, this fight was fun but the genichiro fight at the start is really unnecessary for the second time onwards, don't think I even used 1 firecracker

Attached: 1484406026193.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

>what kind of attacks do you want the ape to have, miyazaki san
>shit and fart lol

>mfw Saint's second phase
>mfw he just whips out that fucking pistol as I try to evade that fucking spear and heal

Attached: 6DCF658C-2426-462F-92B9-AFFF7DDDC28E.jpg (256x256, 27K)

Being in a linear as fuck game

Attached: 1554756858017.png (497x638, 6K)

>BANG BANG
Hesitation is Defeat

Attached: Sword-Saint Isshin PePe.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

>was that a fucking glitch
Don't think so, that happens sometimes
Someone managed to keep him in sword form for 3 phases, and instead of kicking the bucket, he pulled out a spear and an extra life bar

he needs to have sex

I don't even know why they bothered to have that when there is a shrine warp right fucking there

Baka ass gaijin

Attached: Sekiro power of gun.gif (372x200, 1.32M)

>dragon sakura
>"evil tree"
I'm not brushed up on my gook folklore but Im pretty fucking sure something like that exists outside of some shit reference to a different game, on top of the dragon not really being presented as evil but more of a force of nature, e.g. so fucking godlike it transcends human bullshit. anything evil about the tree is man's doing, not the dragon's.

Attached: 1532796471976.jpg (680x653, 74K)

And the game takes place in Ashina instead of Date or Uesugi or provinces around Iga which would make more sense for a game about ninjas. You cant say "it just a coincidence" with a straight face when their previous game protagonist was called Ashen One. Like cmon.

Its a little wink-wink for the fans of From, nothing wrong with that. The same as people coming out of each others shoulder wounds and centipedes coming out of peoples necks is a ref to Kuon, there are no japanese mythology equivalent, those were made up by From.

DLC shit I bet. Or cut content. From always cuts cool shit from the game.

Attached: sword saint.gif (500x426, 998K)

Not my point, my point was From likes to reference their old games. "Evil Tree with a monster in it"-trope is absent in Sekiro but it started with Kuon and got continued in Demon's Souls and Souls 1-3. From does this all the time yet some of the chucklefucks here try to claim thats not the case for Sekiro.

>there are no japanese mythology equivalent, those were made up by From.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rokurokubi
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futakuchi-onna

I seriously hope you're not autistic and retarded enough to believe "ashen one" is pronounced remotely the same as ashina in Japanese.

which room was this image taken from?

the only similarity I saw was that the western armor guy was really easy to back stab, which I don't know if that was an intentional joke or just coincidence

Neither are about a person coming out of a shoulder.

he clearly has the smallest penis in ashina

Isshin's room.

Neither is a centipede coming out of the neckhole

Can you argue that these things are FROM references? Yes, but FROM references are fucking Asian references, specifically Buddhist ones

You're autistic enough to claim a clear as crystal reference to their previous game from a game company with a history of referencing their older games is not a reference for no real reason.

Imagine being the grandson of the most badass motherfucker in Japan, and you end up a shitty jobber

>its a reference!!!!
>except it has nothing to do with the previous usage of it other than theres a monster in a tree
im just stating I have my doubts and if it is a reference, meh.

Is it there the entire game or only at a certain point?

Attached: Sekiro Ape PEPE.jpg (559x1078, 341K)

>a clear as crystal reference to their previous game
The reference isn't the ashes, it's the cenipede. Specifically the vermin hunters in Bloodborne. The Samurai, Impurity, etc.

>Can you argue that these things are FROM references?
Read the thread: Those are Kuon boss designs. There is no exact japanese mythology equivalent for either of those things, they're made up by FROM. Now tell me why From would NOT reference an old game of theirs that already kinda looks like Sekiro thanks to the setting, when they throw constant references to their other older games. And not just in Sekiro but Souls games and Bloodborne are also full of FROM referencing their previous games.

Only at certain point I think. At one point the costume is even hung on the wall behind him

Same energy

Attached: kingbradley.png (1280x720, 577K)

Imagine being a badass that forged your own kingdom, creating wealth and prosperity for your family and people, and suddenly being dragged from the afterlife just to find out its all burning to the ground and your grandson is a fucking loser that couldnt defend any of it even with a magical macguffin sword and forbidden lightning techniques.

I actually said "what the fuck dude" out loud when this happened.

centipede was common yokai in old japanese folk-lore you fucking dumbfuck gaijin

Attached: Oomukade.PNG.png (594x538, 816K)

Yes and the ashes. Ninjas are not known for throwing ash around. Heated sand and rocks maybe. The only reason you can throw ASH around in a province called ASHina (which is not known by its ninjas, Iga and its surrounding provinces are) is because From writers got cute with the choice of setting. Nothing wrong with that, by that point complaining that From references their old games too much would redundant since theyve been doing it for so long.

Who was taking over Ashina, the owl and his ninjas?

Yeah, a giant centipede. Smaller centipede infesting a human body and turning it into an immortal monster is a From idea. Both used in Kuon and Sekiro.

>JUST so hard the guy who BTFO you twice (Technically three times if you count winning the very first battle) is treated more like an actual son

Nobody ever figured out jump+R1 until Wolf

>New DLC arrives
>Beat genichiro
>Pulls out the OPEN GATE and drags out his grandpa
>Beat grandpa SS
>Pulls out the OPEN GATE and drags out Tomoe

Attached: 30208a3f555dd1f0e8e3c325a91f09b8.png (399x423, 87K)

Central government trying to unify Japan.

Ok

Attached: sekiro_boss_item_locations_map_lucas_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.02M)

The loaded spear is intended to be used on the big spear fucker located at the place you meet up with Kuro at the beginning of the game, right?

Attached: 1457312302245.jpg (650x416, 40K)

Huuuh this chart is wrong my dude

Nope, Its specifically used to rip off the shitty leather armor that some fatties wear
and for pulling the centipede out of monkeys neck

Attached: Matryoshkajutsu.jpg (407x400, 128K)

No. Fat drunk dudes and ape 2nd phase neck.

Kuro is a commie

The Interior Ministry or whatever. Basically the newformed central japanese government uniting japan, and you cant have a united japan when theres an unwashed backwater of centipede huffing assholes that dont want to do anything but fight, drink, and piss off buddha all day.
Owl wasnt interested in anything but Kuro's immortality and Ashina stood in his way since they had a hold of kuro and its not like genichiro was going to let him walk out the door with the key component to his supposed undying army.

Tomoe was a jobber that couldn't even get the mortal blade from the centipede monks. It's no wonder that Genichiro ended up the failure he is.

Is it possible to get enough lapis luzuil for all the final upgrades in one playthrough?
Casue i need 6 more for my last 2

Underwater boss fights incoming in dlc

no

No. NG+ only. Shouldn't take too long though, you can ignore most things.

>kill isshin 3 times still in his sword phase
>game forces me to fight his last phase regardless

How the fuck else was he supposed to react to his home being invaded and no one else giving a shit except him?

>hesitation is defeat
easy for you to say when you have unbreakable poise old cunt

Isshin refuses to die without showing off some his sick spear moves

It's not possible on a fresh run.

Technically you can get it as a drop in the fountainhead place fighting the blue warriors but you might as well pray for flying pigs because that shit's rare as hell even with a demon bell and item boost.

Better yet
>Defeat Demon of Hatred and get Hatefilled Buddha
>Place it in the bloody shrine of the sculptors temple
>Taken to an older version of Sunken Valley
>At the end of the area waits Orangutan and Kingfisher

Attached: 1f1996765d7dd1cf09da324bb18edc2d.png (554x790, 353K)

>Ashina clan on the brink of collapse
>Neighboring factions preparing to strike while Isshin, head of the clan, is ill
>Genichiro, next in the line of succession, wants to make an immortal army to push back the invasion and restore the clan to glory; seeks Kuro's divine blood for this purpose
>Kuro thinks immortality is bad, probably right
>Sekiro goes on a quest to gather materials necessary to sever Kuro's immortality and so end the divine lineage
>Isshin succumbs to his illness during the assault on Ashina castle
>Genichiro finds the second mortal blade (which Isshin, presumably, kept hidden), capable of opening a portal to the underworld
>Kuro attempts to escape Ashina castle but is found by Genichiro
>Genichiro gets his shit stomped by Sekiro and opens a portal to the underworld while severing his own knock-off immortality
>Isshin crawls through the portal and fights Sekiro because his dumbass grandchild wished it

What part are you confused about, exactly, the whole Sekiro becoming the Sculptor thing? If you haven't noticed, FROM has a huge boner for things coming full-circle. Events aren't literally looping.

Attached: 1537968038583.png (299x105, 72K)

Army led by Date Masamune most likely.

Really? Eavesdropping on the guards made it sound like I needed to use it on seven spears man. I thought I killed him the hard way and felt pretty good about it, but I guess not.

Attached: 1462549597688.jpg (1200x1600, 831K)

After Owl yet before the siege it is even placed in the wall. Guy don´t even care about being discovered lol.
I checked it cause once went back to Tengu after mastering Ashina's style, he coughed, so i went straight to check Issin bedroom and there it was.

Isshin is fucking based. Genichiro is based. Sekiro is aight. Owl is a faggot. Don't @ me

Attached: 163.jpg (345x148, 15K)

The flying twinblade monk dudes wreck my ass really hard and there doesn't seem to be any way to stealth-kill them in there.

why didnt Genichiro and Kuro collaborated with Sekiro to help fend off the Ministry or any other invaders

Sekiro is stronger than Sword Saint at that point right? Or did MC just didn't give a single fuck about Ashina?

I like how the castle gets progressively taken over by ninjas and nobody wants to talk about it
Very Japanese

This game has one of the most straight forward and basic plots imaginable. Especially for a Miyazaki game. You may be mentally retarded, user.

They could still add it in the DLC just like how they did it in Bloodborne.

>This game has one of the most straight forward and basic plots imaginable.
>Especially for a Miyazaki game.
..or does it?

Why is the lore behind the divine dragon so unexplained? What the fuck is the preboss fight, the dragons of the old tree? Why are they all sick and coughing? Who/what is the divine dragon and why are they there in japan? What happened to his arm? Is he bad, good, neutral?

Which part of the area are you talking about? First time you encounter 2 of them they're easy to lure and stealth kill. 2nd time with 3-4 of them its a bit tougher, usually you do it by showing yourself, then go all the way down the stairs and behind the building. Either 1 guy is left as a straggler who you can kill by fighting, or they are all walking back and you can stealth kill them.

Pretty sure he's not the only one that cares, he's just a zealous idiot accruing bad karma by doing insanely stupid shit like channeling lightning or trying to get a goddamn immortal shota to share his life-sucking curse with hundreds of soldiers because he's too proud to admit defeat.

Is there an optimal route?
Like should I do Lady Butterfly before Genichiro?
Hidden Forest before Senpou?

Not him but if you get rid of it and don't have anything worthy in return like a interesting protagonist it's a downgrade
Wolf is extremely uninteresting and can literally be replaced by a cc with just a few line changes

Attached: 1541804390140.jpg (683x670, 42K)

Did Kuro even care? It’s not like the Ministry is going to kill him, he is just some kid with immortality powers dependent on a vassal of Ashina. If Ashina gets conquered, the Ministry are just the new leaders of the clan. Genichiro asked Sekiro to join him when they fight on the castle, but he turns him down because he only cares about Kuro. So it’s all about what Kuro wants.

he's talking about the
"wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
ninja

good luck trying to find an opening for that shit.

Owl is the most based character in the game

Yes. It does.

Maybe the DLC will explain something.

Don't get why we couldn't get an ending where you stop the war, but you had to fulfill a lot of conditions to do it. It would be non canon, but it's retarded that Kuro, Sekiro literally only thought about themselves and just let the whole war blow over

when he's charging his shockwave sweep

Most likely a demon from China, posing as a "divine" being. Basically 1/3rds of demons that appear in Journey To The West are demons in disguise as holy monks or saints, or as nobility.

>that sculptor scene
Unironically kino

Kuro is a fag kid, and Sekiro only cares about the boypucci's desire

Sekiro is only loyal to Kuro, not the whole Ashina clan.

>stuck on demon of hatred
I really do need to kill it before last boss?

Attached: 1549701244899.png (1001x524, 682K)

How the fuck do you propose 1 (ONE) Shinobi stop the war

I think it's supposed to be ambiguous just like The Old One or Formless Odon or whatever. This is a fucking Miyazaki game.
Anyway we can speculate. Perhaps the wizened coughing dragonlets have something to do with dragonrot. But I don't think the dragon is a literal dragon, rather more a conceptualization of the tree's soul.
Most of the "evil" likely stems not from any inherent evil nature but the corruption and stagnation of the dragon's residual power affecting imperfect mortals.

No, but he's easy when you realize what a punk bitch he is.
Hug his belly like a baby chimp and jump whenever he does his charge and you'll be fine.

Attached: 1374255482328.gif (640x420, 2.76M)

You dont have to do anything, It gives another attack boost and 2 lazuli but its entirely optional.

>Don't get why we couldn't get an ending where you stop the war,
It takes place in Sengoku Jidai and we already know how that ends. Nobunaga wins, Hideyoshi finishes Nobunagas work so he can go and butcher koreans, then after him Togukawa finally takes control. Ashina gets buttfucked by Date clan.

not really I did him after the last boss
but last boss is much harder anyways

It seems like the whole reason they attacked was because Isshin was sick. I dunno if he was just a sick general, but he is also a fucking badass so it seems like the whole reason everybody is afraid of Ashina is because of Isshin’s sneaky gun ninjitsu.

How do you propose 1 shinobi to kill a god + a billion other extremely strong people + the strongest fighter that had ever lived in Ashina?

Sekiro's only allegiances are to Kuro and Owl. Kuro just wants to die. Owl is a bandit and mercenary. Sekiro doesn't seem to give a shit about politics and stabs people from every faction all the same.

Kuro (and Takeru) are willing to die to sever the immortality which is about as selfless as it gets. In Kuro's case he lost his idyllic childhood at Hirata and everyone he loved because people desired his power. Isshin has seen his old friends and family suffer because of it. I don't think anyone wants the Interior Ministry to get a hold of it.

It's just lore to show you how Emma travels half-way through the country so fast, she takes the secret tunnels.

Not really, no. Everything sorta bottlenecks up to the point where you interact with kuro at the castle and if you go exploring elsewhere you'll just hit a wall where you cant progress past until you hit up kuro. hirata estate/butterfly can honestly be done at any point.

Kuro is the real villain and Sekiro was a dumb enabler

Attached: ..jpg (530x600, 37K)

They began laying the groundwork for the assault 3 years ago at least, working with Owl to destroy Hirata.
They're not going to stop because they know about the Dragon's Heritage, the rejuvinating water, and they're scared of it as they should be.

Literally The Boss. He would do anything for his country. The question you should be asking is what is Kuro and Shotakiro’s problem.

Where do I go for the dried serpent viscera? I stumbled on it during NG but I can't find the fucking monkeypuppet pit again.

You can just do the feather dodge thing through the snakes attack. It’s actually really ez.

there's a scroll on the wall in ashina castle telling you how to counter it
why didn't Genichiro tear that shit down? the world may never know

Neat I'll try that

If you suppose Ashina was worth preserving, sure, but they're a scummy clan too.
Giving the player the ability to cure Dragonrot was a dumb move, since it kind of makes the whole immortal army thing seem a lot more sensible. It doesn't really matter if all of the civilians get sick when they can be cured so easily.

>objective downgrade
Sekiro is an action game first and foremost so its less dependent on how well you can grind and fudge numbers and just depends on how well you grasp the core mechanics. dark souls customization is limited anyhow since everything bottlenecks down to a handful of the objectively best weapons with 99% of weapons and armor being trash anyway. youre ALWAYS either going to be a flippy dex asshole, a tanky strength asshole, or a glassy magic wielding asshole. everything else is just half-assed mixing of these three archetypes, every fucking time. combat in souls games sucks ass compared to sekiro's.
its only an "objective downgrade" if youre a fucking autistic kid that cant handle change or not being able to wield the same fucking weapon for the third game in a row.

Genichiro wasn't allowed in the dojo because he was scrub, that's why he had to train in the backyard

I want to get all the cheevos on this game, but I prefer not to use guides if I can. Is it feasible for one human to get all of them? The usual From tradition so far is to have a small handful of extremely obscure, obtuse, hard to find bits gating the 100% cheevos.

Kuro deserved to get vored by the rice kid

It's the easiest Miyazaki game to plat, the "hardest" one is grinding out all the skill points

>Dragons fucking tears are so easy to come by that the corpse looting peddlers have a huge stock of them

Easy

The only time consuming one is Height of Technique since you can blitz through the game to get the materials for all prosthetic stuff fairly quickly if you git gud

They're not even Ashina(n?). Kuro is of the Hirata family. Sekiro tells Genichiro that serving him (another Lord) would be heresy. And they're one man and a kid, how the hell do you expect them to stop the war on Ashina and why would they?

I hope the boss of the DLC is the fucking Shogun trying to get immortality.

>meanwhile you have to get a fucking divine emblem of merchantry from japanese Mt. Olympus to authorize access to every merchant's greenbean stock

explains why he's covered in shit and has worms

you need the special cure thingy from Emma to properly use them tho

>There is no exact japanese mythology equivalent for either of those things
The centipede is considered the icon of "kegare" which is Shinto beliefs that purity can become corrupted.

Wish you had the option of shoving Genichiro in a locker and spit on him

guys, the voices of the long neck samurai bitches in the fountainhead palace makes my dick hard.

nope.
He's probably the least technically difficult but tedious fucking bosses ive seen in this game.
>git gud at dodging all of his shit and hope you like staring at hot monkey balls because thats all youre going to be seeing for most of the fight
>attacks from his feet and right arm can be blocked
>buy the flame umbrella upgrade, it is a godsend and his stupid flying flame bellyflop can be completely defended against and gives you a ton of free hits
>also, malcontent whistle nigga
>dont forget the confetti for an attack boost to finish that shit in a decent amount of time

>Tomoe was an immortal okami lightning mommy that fucked her beloved shota.
I'm gonna need a source on that nigga

So someone please spoonfeed me, why (and how) was Isshin inside genichiro? Also why was he suddenly younger, and what about his body in kuro's room that emma was next too?
Please don't bully I've already beaten the game twice and only just realized today that Isshin and the tengu are the same person.

Attached: 1550627844054.jpg (649x676, 63K)

Genichero used the black blade to pull Isshin out of hell.

Using umbrella on flame belly flop is not worth it. You can easily dodge that with just running/dash backward then grapple hook. You get more consistent punish that way too. That way you can sace emblem for whistle for phase 3
However fire umbrella is good for the fire balls throw and the 2nd/3rd phase fire arm aoe at mid range if you can’t close up on him in time. That fireball and arm is fucking hard and unreliable to dodge and give shit load of chip and burn damage even on deflection

There's a treasure chest outside Isshin's room after owl appears, go open it dummy

So who was body?

>Using umbrella on flame belly flop is not worth it
You don't do this for safety, you do it so you can stay in position and immediately start attacking him right after the shockwave

>only just realized today that Isshin and the tengu are the same person.
Where did they reveal this? I missed it

There's a second mortal blade
it opens gates to hell
genny boy used himself as a catalyst for the gate
grandpa climbed out

It's Isshin's body.

I imagine I'll have to go in to NG+ to get 100% anyway, how much do I need to worry about getting everything in NG? Does it get progressively harder with each NG, like previous titles? Does the continual attack/health boosts keep parity or will it get harder with each iteration?

You can do that if you just run away/backdash and grapple. The amount of hit you get in is the same as grappling him pull his head down for some extra time for you to hit

To be fair I've never used it more than 5 times per attempt and by his second phase it just stops being used, so ive always had plenty of spirit emblems left for phase 3 malcontent.

Where is this bottomless pit he's talking about?

Genichiro used the black mortal blade which has the ability to open a portal to the underworld. He used his body as a portal to summon/wish for Isshin in his prime to fight for him, sacrificing himself in the process. Isshin respected his grandson's wish + he really wanted to fight you.
I think the portal is powered by desire, but I'm not sure.

>Emma didn't give me the Tomoe papers now
>mfw I'll have to beat the game two more times to get every achievement now

Attached: 1554411378771.gif (480x377, 262K)

See That's tossed behind a folding screen in Isshin's room
>Tengu names you Sekiro, Isshin calls you Sekiro and is the only one
>Leaves note for Emma saying he's out hunting rats
>have the same hair, voice, body
>Tengu gives you Isshin technique manuals

its not really revealed but just a nice little thing you can find out pretty easily. tengu's clothes are in isshin's room around the time you beat owl.

Oh shit so he was actually dead and came back from the afterlife? Rad. What a cool guy.

Have you not followed the story?
His clan's country is being conquered by Tokugawa Ieyasu, the tyrant, and he wants to protect the independance of his country, and he's prepared to do whatever it takes.
I kind of understand him, Tokugawa Ieyasu (or Toyotomi, whoever was boss during Sekiro's time, but they're all equally terrible) was an immense motherfucker.

You know that hole you start the game in? If you go back there you will find water. If you swim through that you will end up in the abandoned dungeon. You will see a miniboss to your left that you don't have to engage and an idol up ahead. Past that you will see a gate and a hole that looks bottomless. You jump in that and grapple to get to the next area.

It is revealed though. When you meet Isshin, Sekiro's is kind of shocked and says ". . ." "You're. . .", then Isshin cuts you off with "Well done, Sekiro!".
And the only person to call you that should be obvious.

What the fuck does "Sekiro" mean anyway

One-armed wolf.

Tengu literally tells you why he calls you "Sekiro"
It means "one-armed Wolf"

Attached: 1476999758899.png (372x300, 77K)

Why do they have a word for that

>sekiro kills every single general and shinobi that would have defended Ashina from the Ministry invasion

Attached: 1524174853659.gif (256x468, 395K)

What a gay name. Only a high schooler would think that was cool. Or Artorias fanboys I guess.

I just want Tomoe to pull out Genichiro Blanco desu. He deserves some proper AI and moves.

Why doesn't the whole world just speak English?

Attached: smug texhnolyze.png (537x441, 25K)

He also every gate. You are welcome

Judging from how he talks in Japanese. It's a pun.

Why don't they just respawn?

It's not really a "word" that they have. They just combine two different kanji of meanings to make a new made "word."

Attached: 1552009118377.png (467x458, 431K)

>he did it just for this boy
Shota boipussy 2gud

Attached: 1554415139744.png (1300x1300, 803K)

so is isshin a good guy or bad guy

Attached: D8CRtMS_d.jpg (374x374, 14K)

I can understand why Kuro stayed in the castle after beating Genichiro since there was the library there to learn important shit but after that? After Owl attacks you think he'd peace the fuck out.

It wouldn't have mattered. People probably don't fully grasp just how fucked you would have been back in those times. It was like the entire country was a buzzsaw that just fed on human misery.

Main thing you have to worry about is getting Lazulite as there is only a certain amount per run and I think you need like 13 or so overall for the final tier

All the other materials can be farmed pretty easily I think

If you give Isshin unrefined sake after your fight with Genichiro, he tells you that Genichiro was mentored in the lightning art "Way of Tomoe" by the warrior woman it was named for.
The Okami thing is probably just speculation on user's part, considering the Okami warrior women use similar lightning arts.

"Tomoe" was probably also a reference to Tomoe Gozen, a legendary female samurai who may or may not have existed.

Attached: Tomoe Gozen.jpg (1508x1000, 415K)

Probably chaotic neutral. He just likes fighting and drinking. I don't think he cared about the war. Probably only cared about Emma as a daughter

He's a bloodthirsty psychopath with a heart of gold and he tried to avoid becoming one of those ancient immortal god kings who reign over a decrepit hellish wasteland like in all Miyazaki's other games

He's just this guy, you know?

Isshin is Isshin. A dude who just loved fighting all his life.

Thanks amigo.

>It was like the entire country was a buzzsaw that just fed on human misery.
such is life in sengoku jidai

Attached: stihl_warriors2.jpg (1600x1078, 423K)

>30 generals are going to stop the full force of the much better equipped and more powerful Interior Ministry from fucking up your backwater
I don't think so.

There's also a combat art attributed to Tomoe you buy from the guy in the pot, which is a floaty dancing style that looks like the the moves the Okami warrior women do. So that combined with the natural lightning powers make it pretty obvious.

Attached: 1554411105885.jpg (1023x1448, 578K)

bottom of Sunken Valley, in the middle area of the swamp

Relatively neutral with a bit of leaning toward good. His deal is basically

>I love a good fight. Especially ones to the death
>I love good sake
>I hate mindless killers (Shura)
>I hate rats (midgit dudes scurrying into his pad)
>I care for my grandkid even though he is a dope
>I support Kuro's mission of getting that dragon shit out of here

>read the black scroll text
>thinking i can eventually get the black mortal blade and make my way into hell
>it doesnt happen

Warp to Bohdistva Valley and hop down the ledge away from Murder Monkey boss. Entrance is right by a Mob Vendor

I think the Okami women we meet are as badly deformed as the mist nobles

hhuuAAAHHHHH

Beacuse ashina is none of his concern and never will be

seki (隻) from sekiwan (隻腕) meaning one arm and from 狼 which means wolf can be read as "ookami" (what kuro calls him) or "rou". pretty sure that's how it works

They seem to just respawn, both in-game mechanic wise and lore wise.

he was goku

Isshin is THE guy.

Attached: 8F4EBEAC-0445-45B1-A62D-290FDB955EC7.gif (480x270, 2.16M)

>literally all the areas you go to has the theme of immortality corrupting and ruining them
>bruh why didn't they just use the immortality to win the war
Did ANY OF YOU play the game

Attached: 1480258717864.jpg (845x683, 145K)

holy shit you cannot be serious

It's funny because in almlost every single Miyazaki game the kingdom is totally fucked up because they resorted to dark powers a long time ago and everyone regrets it

Attached: demons_souls_screenshot_c2540a64.jpg (1280x720, 295K)

You ever notice those purple-robed Ministry faggots just happen to be around whenever two other factions are attacking one another?

FUCK THE SHOGUNATE

I really feel kind of bad for Genichiro at the end of the day, doesn't seem like he wanted anything besides saving the country.
Yet every named character shits on him as if he was a idiot, when his idea seems rather solid and pretty much the only way for Ashina to be saved.

10/10

They just know he sucks so hard he'd die 100 times and kill everyone with Dragonrot
Emma says it happened in the past, I think it's why Takeru and Tomoe died. Even divine children can get dragonrot.

the dragon immortality was pretty much the only legit one and even dragonrot had a method of being healed, so yeah.

Or he could man up and be a CHAD like his grandpa and single handedly protect Ashina from invading forces. But in the end he was a disappointment and had to rely on immortality to win the war.

So, has anyone found any links to other From games within Sekiro?

I have my doubts about it when one little shinobi with a sketchy hand took down isshin on his prime

I'm sure if you pick through the glut of terrible "lore" videos on Youtube you'll find a few dozen autistic retards reaching just as hard as they can for connections, if that's your thing.

It would inevitably fall apart though. Run out of healing, fall into the wrong hands. Better to just rid of it as soon as possible.

how grug get more persimmon

>looking for links when from specifically said this was going to be a completely separate universe
Yikes and a cringe

Kill monkeys
In fact go blow a whistle by the monkey pack and try not to die laughing

My dude, did you miss the part where Sekiro being able to die and respawn is canon?

>Using the pruple umbrella against the Shichimen Warriors
Absolutely jobbed and BTFO

So i Sekiro connected to Ku-on?

It gets worse for them if you have the projected force skill, you can just shield their attacks and then hit them with a mini-Divine Confetti buffed slash for as many times as you have spirit emblems.

it's only canon up to a point, considering both Genichiro and Isshin are using a mortal blade which can kill immortals.

No, the centipedes are in reference to the Shinto concept of kegare which was also in Bloodborne.

Sekiro is a prequel. The only undead you see is the start of the Undead Curse from Souls.
Vermins are the same as Bloodborne.
However, at the end of the snow DLC for DaS3, the girl says she'll paint a cold, gentle place. Sekiro starts in a cold area, and the Japanese aesthetic is indeed gentle, which could make it a sequel of sorts.
The plot has no relations whatsoever but so was DaS2 vs the others. It's probably just the faraway eastern land which has been mentioned countless times.

So what's the lore for Sekiro not using the mortal blade at all times?

Nah, takeru committed sudoku (or at least tried to) like kuro so he stop getting forced to hand out immortality and cause dragonrot. He might have succeed or he just fucked off somewhere.

There's NO reason for not having at least recolors of the main outfit. No reason at all.

Drawing it is extremely painful

Odachi doesn't fit his fighting style

It's huge and unwieldy and only effective against immortals and he probably just prefers kusabimaru because he's used to it

He obviously failed at divine severance and the Old Grave is him and Tomoe

>failed divine severance
>is dead

So its like real life, if the ancient civ gossip is true. Supposedly egyptians knew we would use technology for rudimentary personal machinery that would bring about a mental dark ages, so its kind of like a golden age society saw its dark age before it happened and we are now looking at our golden age after making a horrible mistake. Shits fucked, big if true.

Attached: 9C04E0A4-5534-4A4F-81FD-38FC277438FD.jpg (1920x1306, 770K)

I mean doesn’t divine severance kinda kill you? because you aren’t immortal anymore. If it doesn’t kill right then then old age will get you

Is the 3 phase fight the first time you fight genichiro? Beat him in 2 tries, the glutton guy fucked me up more than he did.

do you retards even understand what divine severance is?
If takeru just wanted to die, he'd just need to get shanked by a mortal blade. it's not complicated and there's no need for divine scents and fragrant stones and shit

>just need to get shanked by a mortal blade
>not complicated
>divine severance failed because Tomoe never got a mortal blade
really activates my almonds, your post.

what the fuck does the kite in sennpou temple do?

The Anti-Air Deathblow skill allows you to deathblow them as soon as they jump, regardless of how much posture they have left. It's hilarious.

Yes but IRL technology isn't the civilization-ending problem that our ancestors warned us about, it's women's rights

It's not exactly a hard read to make, greeks used to complain about the youth reading too much which would bring about a dark age because they were too absorbed in reading and written facts to actually use their heads

If divine severance succeeded back then, Sekiro wouldn't have happened

What's with Yea Forums and having mommy issues?

sure and it failed because tomoe never got a mortal blade.

>lose to genchiro once
>say fuck this after hearing how hard he is, go explore other routes and save him for later
>exhaust all alternative paths and git gud at parrying from corrupted monk and both snake eyes
>return to him
>beat him in a single try, only healing once

heh.

Attached: 1536590593683.jpg (448x448, 15K)

>What the fuck is the preboss fight, the dragons of the old tree?
Most likely humans who ascended to "immortality", like final stage of fountainhead nobles. They're sick because immortality is fucked up.
>Who/what is the divine dragon and why are they there in japan?
Some chink divine being that ended up here somehow.
>What happened to his arm?
Emma mentions that Takeru grafted everblossom tree, and IIRC there was also mention taht he has been at Fountainhead. As there were some parallels between dragon and tree, looks like he ripped of this arm and it was the branch he grafted.

They did have mortal blade though, no? He had to cut himself to get to the mystic realm or whatever, and only a mortal blade can do that.

>lighting attacks sucks
>Isshin and Genichiro were teached them by a woman
woman not even once

The monks were hiding the red mortal blade the whole time but the black one seems to have been hidden at Ashina castle and Isshin certainly was aware of it.
Tomoe last we heard, gave Takeru dragonrot and was trying to kill herself unsuccessfully. I don't know if this was before or after his schemes to enact divine severance (and behead himself) but the end result is they're both taking dirtnaps and the dragon's heritage is still fucking Ashina up.
Not sure what happened.

She was a shotacon too

We don’t know for sure. The only part of the game that hinted that he failed because he couldn’t donate his blood due to lack of mortal blade nor the black version at the time of him writing that specific note. However. it was based on an incomplete diary/note and we never know if he succeed in the end and never wrote down that he made it.
Either way, he manage to simply kill himself with a mortal blade or manage perform divine severance but the dragon heir power just get transferred to someone else down the line. Maybe, the only true solution is the return option

Emma said Tomoe was attempting suicide to make the purification happened, but it couldn't happen because she could only do it with a mortal blade, besides that it's not really explained what happens to them.

We all are deep down

Is Lord Takeru even a confirmed shota?
Because travelling around with a cute half-fish older lady as your bodyguard sounds nice.

Attached: Sip_3.png (355x867, 230K)

Everytime he lands a jump he leaves a huge opening

It is assumed that they're dead and buried in old grave where Emma goes when you do dialogues for Owl 2 fight, but actually it's unclear. Most likely DLC will be about this if it happens.

He’s probably a shota

>but actually it's unclear
The sakura droplet comes from a failed pact and Kuro seems to imply it's from Takeru. All evidence points to them being pretty dead.

>the finally found the double rape ape fight
I got got raped pretty hard in the Guardian Ape but I almost killed Headless on my first try.
Finally found out I want to deflect his overhead swing which stuns him and then I can yank out the centipede with my spear for tons of posture.
I think I can do this fight.

Attached: q21.jpg (559x1078, 84K)

Can't wait for DLC skill path to learn lightning slashes, and have to fight bosses that counter them back and you fucking play tennis against them!

>Lord Takeru could have been an immortal shota with an immortal mommy gf
>Kills himself
Absolute faggot

The pussy was rotting

Okay the ninja bitch that can summon infinite dogs is obnoxious

best of luck user

Attached: CVEVV0hUkAAqwd9.png large.png (1268x810, 587K)

just shuriken him so he's forced to block

If you are really having trouble with him, leading him far enough on to the bridge breaks his AI

He wasn't just 'losing it', he was becoming a motherfucking Shura. That's why Isshin was against immortality in the first place; there's no point becoming an inhuman monster to 'protect' your country if you're just going to slaughter everyone yourself anyway.

She gave him (and probably half the kingdom) dragonAIDS
Given the timeframe it may have weakened Ashina to the point where it had trouble defending itself in present day. Emma mentions a past dragonrot epidemic which killed everyone infected.

Fight him on the stairs, if he didn't want to get cheesed he should've put up a fog gate

Yeah but I guess how they died is the question in my head because I don't think either of them got hold of the mortal blade in the end so they must have died using some unmentioned method or just traveled so far from the country that they were assumed dead and the graves were just put up as a memory

this is all a zoolander reference

Attached: wp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F03%2Fblue-steel-2-final.jpg%2Ffit-in__1200x9600.jpg (1184x828, 138K)

Does anyone know if this game emulates well? Looks pretty badass IMO.

It's late and I'm tired
cheese is on the menu thanks boys

>screen fades to black
>history's weakest shura
>2 dogs and small child were killed in the ensuing rampage

Attached: 1211920089224.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

It does. Small file size too.

Sweet. Thanks user

Attached: 1545286326379.jpg (631x637, 163K)

Whom else here beat the game on double hardmode?
did it feel good?
playing through ng+1 I felt like shichika doing a boss rush

Attached: d201ae67d66b36bc3834ffa177d63396.jpg (610x1000, 68K)

I think Emma would be able to kill him.
>Takeru didn't protect his waifu so she'd stop dying

Yfw tomoe was actually jobber like genichiro because shitty lightning style is a meme and only can beat retards who can’t jump.

"Divine Dragon" is a mistranslation. It is more properly "Sakura Dragon," and it's implied that the dragon is basically the spirit of the divine tree that withered after Takeru hacked its branch off. The dragon is missing an arm.
What the Old Dragons are exactly is more nebulous and difficult to say without going into fully autistic lorefaggotry. It's worth noting that the tree is rejuvenated only after they--the sick lesser dragons--are killed. Killing the healthy dark Old Dragons doesn't deplete the health bar at all, just the one who are coughing. Maybe it's related to dragonrot? Who knows.

>tfw cant beat o'rin without cheese
h o l l o w v i c t o r y

I am playing NG+3 with bell and no Kuro charm and I find out I havent been perfect deflecting attacks at all this whole time

Actually, can anyone other than Sekiro deflect in midair?

Remember Artorias?
The Abyss Watchers?
Sif when hurt?

Protagonist is called Wolf now. Symbolic with the Beasts since you heal from deathblows and have no stamina so infinite frenzy mode.

There's a connection between taking a look at the Abyss and tryng to become a dragon/higher being but becoming a wolf/beast instead.

beat ng+ with kuro charm and not upgrading stats once
felt pretty good
owl fights were the best

>whoop every boss' ass
>get stuck on that dickhole with the gun and the bullshit grab

I think the original tree in fountainhead palace is fine, it's the ordinary tree at the Old Grave that takeru grafted the transplanted branch onto that died once Owl stole the branch.

Keep pressure on him so he cant use the whistle.

WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE SO MANY MONKEYS I DONT GET IT

You DO end the war in the Shura ending, by killing literally everyone who stands in your way. Ashina gets turned into a condemned wasteland, with a population of one murderous demon.

Is the Flower in the Valley after killing the ape the same as the Everblossom flower?

And they probably wanted the Dragon's blood for themselves too, hence the attack at the Hirata estate which was orchestrated by Ministry agents. Yes, Juzou was a goddamn Fed. The irony was that the attack was probably the catalyst that led to Kuro bestowing the Blood on Sekiro, throwing a wrench into everyone's plans.

There's only a finite supply of them in any playthrough, meaning you only have so many chances to fix your mistakes.

No, the everblossom is a cherry tree and the valley flower is a lily.

Owl fucked up so bad

I still dont understand how Kuro get out of Hirata estate. I mean everything literally on fire and Owl right next to him.

>regular monkeys
>monkeys with swords
>monkeys with guns
>giant monkey
>TWO giant monkeys
>master dual wielding swordsman monkeys

Nothing about that memory stands up to scrutiny
I call shenanigans

Attached: 20190408033046_1.jpg (1920x1080, 615K)

He's a wily motherfucker who wanted to die with honor and wasn't gonna miss his second chance after pathetically sharting himself and dying of old age while the war was exploding just outside his window

For you

He likely had a heart attack given his position where you find him lying down dead, sword just out in front of him with him pointing towards the window. He was probably thinking 'Oh shit! Oh shit! They're attacking! Fuck yeah! I can die on the battlefield! I can die-'
insert hnnggggg

>Genichiro is Wimp-lo
At last I truly see

he coughs violently as tengu of ashina when you get the mushin esoteric text. and I'm pretty sure emma says that he succumbed to his illness when he dies in part 3 of the story.

I beat the Double Rape Ape Gang Bang!
Took me a few tries, but both are a couple of bitches when the other starts to protect one another.
Otherwise alone they suck massive dong.
Guardian Ape was more difficult.

Attached: there_is_no_need_to_be_upset.jpg (900x816, 345K)

Kuro recalls that Owl died in the memory so the Owl backstab and Kuro saving Wolf might be a long time apart. I think Kuro was probably found and rescued by the samurai guards shortly after Butterfly fight, but ran back to find Wolf who sacrficed his life to protect him, giving him the deagon's power as a form of appreciation

Who says he didn't get captured? There's a reason why he ended up in Ashina in the first place.

True. You'd think Owl of all people would be able to make a stealth-kill stick. As it is, he's the biggest sucker in the game for betraying his clan, son and lord and getting used by all sides for absolutely nothing. Even the worst ending has him win for exactly ten seconds before he gets backstabbed by his son returning the favour. Guess that 'Iron Code' was pretty rusty after all.

You're a fucking turbo autist.
Does it also reference Dark Souls because you have a sword and you use a SWORD in dark souls? Jesus christ.

There's that vision of Emma and Kuro in Ashina outskirts, she may have retrieved him and escorted him to Ashina Castle.
The early game is designed to create a misconception, that Ashina is the enemy. It's weird and doesn't hold up sometimes.
Still wondering why Innosuke and his mom are in a fucked up house with what seems like fresh wounds on Innosuke's eyes three fucking years later. They were loyal Hirata retainers, they would have been taken care of, not left to wander for three years and die.

Imagine having the fucking nerd arrogance to presume Japanese writers are intentionally making English puns and wordplays. Not to say it doesn't happen, but it's extremely unlikely considering Ashina was a real historical province of Japan.

>isshin agrees
>yet isshin fights sekiro in the end in order to fulfill genichiro's dream to become immortal and single-handedly fight off the interior ministry

Just because Genichiro Ashina is a sympathetic antagonist doesn't mean he's NOT an antagonist. He's willing to commit atrocities and 'heresy' to keep his misguided dreams alive, despite even his grandfather urging him not to discard his humanity. The whole point of the game is that nothing lasts forever, nor should it, because mortality is what gives life and duty meaning.

If I do the Shura route next will I keep One Mind after I start the next NG+

If you get summoned as an undead thrall you don't get much say in the matter
That being said he was summoned to fight Wolf, not the ministry because Genichiro lost his path.
Oh yeah Genichiro is fucking dead and he killed Kuro too.

Reason I most agree with to fight

Why is the translation in this game so inconsistent?

>Armored Warrior literally screams "Robert!" when he dies, referring to his son
>Firecracker's name and description write it as "Robato" instead

Attached: bebe.jpg (300x364, 40K)

I think the timeline in the memory goes like this:
>Wolf and the estate guards were led away from the estate by another errand or something (setup)
>The ministry sets the bandits loose to kill everyone and had Owl retrieve Kuro for the dragon blood
>Owl feigned death and sent Butterfly to pick up Kuro instead so he can do his own secret planning over the years
>Wolf returned (but as his future self)
>"what the fuck I thought I sent him away?"
>"whatever Butterfly will kill him"
>fakes death and sends Wolf to his death at Butterfly (he didn't know it was the future Wolf who is more skilled)
>Wolf saves Kuro and sends him off, he probably went to hide
>Owl didn't think Wolf could kill Butterfly, so backstabbed him after he won and ran off
>Kuro, thinking he died while fending off Butterfly, made Wolf immortal so he could live again
>they both get picked up by Ashina dudes later, Kuro is kept in the Moonlit Tower while Wolf, thinking he failed his mission, lost his will to live until Emma gave him the motivation to head out

Attached: 1554662732547.webm (476x422, 2.13M)

He's a particularly murdery shonen protagonist
I think he's good as one could be given his position in that time period

Innosuke and his mom are reasonable. Ashina just recently turn against the Hirata and kidnapped Kuro under genichiro’s order.
Also, ashina was under attack the whole time in the game. You can see obvious sign of battle infront of the ashina gate. It wasn’t just in the bad shape at the beginning compared to the end.

Cannon happening in the hirata estate is that Owl’s force is weakened after Granny Butterfly die. He couldn’t extract Kuro and was thought to be dead. Maybe Sekiro got revived and beat him that night then lost his memory. Maybe someone else beat Owl that night and sekiro was living in that person’s memory that night for 2nd visit. Either way Owl got BTFO and the world thought he was dead

Even better, the original Japanese is actually Roberto. The armored warrior is a Jesuit Catholic from Spain.

Well yeah, his role never changes throughout the game but the context of everything else does.
But it's ridiculous that the game keeps putting Ashina personnel in your path despite the fact that you're indirectly working for Isshin. There's no reason we needed to kill Gyoubu except the game demands it and it's never acknowledged.
There's some weird narrative disconnects like the castle being gradually overrun by ninjas but not being able to do anything about it or even have it acknowledged by any characters.

Attached: 1546110126662.jpg (680x691, 153K)

>opening cinematic translates kensei isshin "master swordsman isshin"
>last boss is called sword saint isshin

y

Genichiro is HUGE compared to pocket size Sekiro

>Ashina just recently turn against the Hirata and kidnapped Kuro under genichiro’s order.
Uh no, Hirata was destroyed by bandits and the interior ministry with help from Owl, Ashina absolutely didn't want that to happen.
Genichiro isn't kidnapping Kuro, Wolf is. Genichiro is ruling a wartime Ashina with Isshin incapacitated from old age and Kuro is his charge, he locks him in the tower because Kuro has some crazy ideas of fleeing but being indirectly a member of Isshin's house is a vassal.

Well the true form of the dark was basically bugs (I think that’s what the locusts were?)
And then bugs grant immortality and corruption in sekiro

Someone can comment on that maybe?

Nah, he fights Wolf because A. Hes an actual challenge and B. he fee's obligated to fulfill his son's last wish. Isshin is fully aware of Wolf's blood making him immorta'. He knew he would lose. Its kino

Again, Isshin isn't in charge of Ashina anymore; Genichiro is, as heir to the Clan. He doesn't answer to the old man, and by extension neither are all of his generals, who're sworn to protect Ashina from all invaders anyway. And since Isshin can't very well kill his own grandson, he's got no choice but to send you to do the ugly deed, then kill you to maintain face.

Why do people keep saying jobber

Probably a youtuber meme, this place is reddit now

Jobbers means to frequently lose, which Genichiro jobs a lot.

why didn't genichiro just shove some centipedes up his mens asses?

Technically, seizing and holding anyone against their will is kidnapping, even if they're your vassal. Eastern kings used to hold the children of lords hostage annually in order to force compliance.

It's a pro wrestling term...

When you gotta do it it's better to do it yourself

Absolute zoomer desperately pretending he's an oldfag. Anyone old enough to remember the Attitude Era knows what a jobber is.

Where did the motherfucker manage to get a semi-automatic pistol in Sengoku Japan anyway?

Its a wrasslin term
Every time without fail its the zoomers ousting themselves as sub-18 children while making some self-righteous claim about reddit

Is this guy suppose to be Hanbei before he got infected with centipedes? He has the same hairstyle of armor as well. We also see Isshin Ashina in his prime during the opening cinematic killing some giant general.

Attached: Untitled.png (1870x903, 2.29M)

Because even if his men didn't refuse such a gruesome fate, he'd be giving the monks even more power when they've already got aces like the Rejuvenating Waters.

When did they fall for the immortality meme anyway? Seems like they were doing great before any of that happened.

Dude loves fighting with literally anything and probably bought like 300 weapons from foreign traders and buried into the ground in the backyard. He just happened to canonically dig out a spear and a gun on that spot

He got it in hell where time is irrelevant from tupac
Ashina style is all about just winning no matter what so he decided he'd come strapped with the heater in case his bitch grandson tried shenanigans with the BBC blade

Technically Kuro is a minor and Genichiro is his guardian. Hirata was described as a cadet clan of Ashina's royal family.
That being said Genichiro for the most part doesn't even treat him poorly and tries to reason with him, but Wolf putting enough holes in him and the ministry pressing in drives him desperate and insane enough to stab the kid.
While I think Genichiro is pretty pathetic he probably wouldn't have resorted to the rejuvenating water had Kuro made a pact with him. Of course that ship sailed and it's dear Wolf spreading the dragonrot instead...

>Not using backup saves

Sucks that you had to play the game more than twice.

No. They just arr rook arike.

Worshipping the water is Ashina's religion and one of the reasons they were conquered and also the reason they rebelled and won back their independence. It's a deeply troubled land.

The immortality meme is exactly why they're in this mess; even if they weren't interested in actually using their ace, the Ministry would still be concerned enough to pre-emptively seize it, and wipe out one of the last remaining clans as well. And Isshin probably didn't mind if Genichiro failed to defend Ashina when it was doomed anyway. It would honestly be better for the people to join a unified Japan than suffer an even more prolonged war under an immortal tyrant.

Would the game have been better if Genichiro was a girl?

take the L

A cute loser girl just trying her best would be nice.

Did the return ending and something tells me it's not that good of an ending, Kuro still dies and I feel like the little girl has ill intentions absorbing him

why the fuck does a fun have that much chip damage?

It's the only way to not only end his immortality, but break the cycle so no one gets the Blood again by conclusively 'returning' the gift. Other endings just conclude Sekiro's story while perpetuating the constant struggle for immortality.

Nah rice girl is pure. Maybe too pure, she was sheltered her whole life and locked away probably to keep naughty monks from centipede-raping her.
I was worried she'd transform into a monster having misinterpreted the writings but she's okay.
Do the purification ending, it seems like one of the more plot intensive ones.

The loli is just pregnant with the shota, he will be reborn as a mortal after they return the heritage power to the dragon

Is there literally any move that's as satisfying as the fucking mikiri counter? It's the ultimate fuck you move

Attached: owl.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

That's because you're a retard that doesn't understand Shinto-Buddhism. It's the only actual good ending because you're following the path of the Buddha. The entire dragon heritage and shura shit is all just one aspect of Shinto-Buddhism's version of Samsara.

Isn't this supposed to be standard samurai hairstyle, with shaved head symbolizing servitude or something like that.

>mfw

Attached: 20190403045754_1.jpg (1920x1080, 418K)

That doesn't make any fucking sense.

A shinobi should know the difference between honor and victory user-kun

begone with your faggotry

Yes

>using thrust to owl
why son

Attached: disappointed owl.jpg (645x959, 314K)

>killed Kuro

No he didn't. Kuro lives in all but one ending. Well...maybe he dies in Shura but we never see it.

>She was a shotacon too
I need empirical proof of this. For reasons.

Attached: Minamoto-No-Raikou-8PagH3aH4-b.jpg (420x600, 64K)

>Genichiro is in charge
>He locks Kuro up in the tower
>You break Kuro out and try to escape
>Genichiro stops you; you are now a known enemy of the Ashina
>You : "BUT WHY ARE THE ASHINA TRYINA STOP YOU FROM KIDNAPPING AND KILLING THEIR IMMORTAL HEIR?!"

Fucking I don't know man.

Attached: rush down.webm (600x338, 2.91M)

Sekiro is tiny as fuck. Chickens are as big as him.

It's a term used in wrestling to refer to people who's job is to lose to another guy to make that other guy seem stronger. People tend to apply it to anime since it's a fairly common trope there.

One of my favorite bosses in the game, truly a fun battle once you get the hang of his moveset. I'm sure Owl liked it too

why is shurinken so godlike?
i luv my ninja throwing shit

Ape 2: Monkeyplier seems harder on paper, but if you've cleared Ape 1: Return of the Kong, you've gotten over the hump of learning. Also, the headless move set is easier than the natural one, provided you aren't a dumbass getting caught in the roar.

Isshin wanted to fight. Everything we learn about him, everything he is, everything that ever drove him, was the desire for physical power. The guy was like 90 years old and dying and he still ran around murdering elite assassins for the fuck of it. Isshin followed his grandson's last wish but even then called him pitiful; he fought Wolf because he wanted to fight him and because it was his grandson's wish.

I mean, we know from the way the fight ends that Isshin was literally immortal in his returning form, if he really wanted to save Ashina, he would have just fucked off. Wolf had no reason to fight him, all wolf cared about was Kuro so if Isshin had just been like "Well that was weird. Whatever, I'm gonna go murder the shit out of a bunch of ministry rats, later" that fight would have never happened.

Just took down Demon of Hatred but now I'm stuck the first phase of Sword Saint
Any tips? Does this guy have any openings or am I expected to parry everything? I can't even make it past the first phase

Huh, I did not know the flame owl was a sweep. I just stepped behind a pillar whenever it happened.

The other tools have their uses but are very situational while Shuriken is good against pretty much anything especially with chasing slice.

>That look on his face when you stomp on his faggot ass sword.
Finishing Owl 2 with a Mikiri counter is the only way to do it.

Attached: 1553872603444.png (413x549, 342K)

>stuck the first phase of Sword Saint
>first phase
Haha oh man

Attached: 1520382400163.gif (500x455, 496K)

>Owl's 'oh shit' face once he realizes he's being Mikiri Countered
Good shit, Fromsoft.

why didn't he save his country first and then fight wolf?

m-muscle memory

Attached: 20190403051222_1.jpg (1920x1080, 327K)

Look I'll be the first to admit I'm terrible at this game and it has been a huge struggle for me but I'm so close to the end help a guy out

Your ichimonji comes out faster than his ichimonji.
Just use the same tactic as every humanoid boss; attack until he parries, then punish what he throws out.

Why do you think he refuses to do it in Owl 1 in the future?

Sword Saint is a posture battle. You gotta perfect deflect everything and punish his perilous attacks.
There is a way to cheese all of his phases with chip damage on his health bar, but I ain't telling you. You beat that fucker fair and square like a real man. I believe in you.

If you're really awful at pressing your advantages and learning tells, just run circles around him until he does his triple slice, which you can punish.
Second phase can be geeked out in a similar way.
Third phase requires you to actually fight.
If you ever want to make a phase a little easier, the phantom butterfly kunai will hit him even if he blocks.

Ashina was doomed from the start

All these fags not paying attention to two of the three times the word "Sekiro" is said in a game called Sekiro

Which ending do I want? Return or purification?

1st phase is dead simple even a tard like me can stand toe to toe and just have it out with him. Helps that the BAD END path trains you to deal with this moveset pretty well.
There's no trick, you have to learn his moveset. The laughter is because of Phase 2/3

If you just wanna go in with small jabs, he has big openings on his ichimonji and the end of his three-hit combo. After he parries you he can push you backwards and do a thrust, you can mikiri that attack

Do the prereqs for both

When he sheathes his sword, stay near him to encourage him to do whack into sweep attack, then punish with High Monk or Senpou Leaping Kicks for some
massive posture damage.
If you run away when he sheathes his sword he will more likely do Ashina Cross.

Attached: sweep punish.webm (880x494, 2.94M)

I'm unsure if we actually defeated him in the past.
I think it's more like
>Wolf actually did go to Hirata and actually did save Kuro from Butterfly, but got 'killed' by Owl. He lost his memory because of the trauma of death.
>Wolf reflects on the memory and recalls Owl dying instead of Lone Shadow
>Wolf later reflects on the memory and recalls it as it actually was and is able to overcome the Owl in his memory, but this doesn't mean he actually beat Owl in the past, just in the memory.

well you also get a memory from genichiro & guardian ape so it's questionable how memories are gotten canonically

>Bad-End path trains you to deal with his moveset?
Does it? He doesn't do the throw or the side-step counter as Sword Saint. I also don't remember him doing the walk-around-you thrust as sword saint, either.

It's the same as Demon of Hatred's tackle attack. It's also registered as a sweep in the game

The memory timeline shit is weird because Anayama remembers you from the memory and if you kill him in Hirata Estate he disappears from Ashina in the future

It's just your memory of overcoming the fight that strengthens you, not the memory of killing them.

You can also stay back and deflect ashina cross based on the glint instead. Both way do really decent posture damage.

Most of the moves are the same, enough that Phase 1 was completely trivial as most of the punish window are intact.
He does do the walk around thrust, rarely.

Shura ending Isshin also has Spicy Phase 2 which is pretty unique