Will we ever get a game as homely and soulful as oblivion again?

Will we ever get a game as homely and soulful as oblivion again?

Attached: oblivion2.jpg (1024x768, 223K)

nope

Skyblivion

but Oblivion was already soulless Morrowind

>One of the best games that decade also introduced the downfall of modern gaming

Attached: 1551523172001.jpg (637x771, 80K)

And Morrowind was soulless Daggerfall, what's your point?

As much as I like the melee combat and the environments, morrowind was far more in depth. Maybe I see oblivion in a better light since I never got into morrowind until after playing oblivion.

It was comfy, but if they did more hand crafting instead of relying so much on genning stuff, it would have been outstandingly comfy.
The dungeons were so bland and terrible it almost ruins the game.
Look at Nehrim for a glimpse of what could have been.

the dungeons were never part of the comfy though, to be fair. it was the towns and countryside that were comfy.

Just started playing again on Xbone
Playing on console is more comfy because I'm not tempted to console command

Hopefully

Attached: Oblivion20171107 17.18.57.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

I played Morrowind first and didn't have the same problems. I played it before Oblivion came out and played Oblivion in 2007.

bitch looks like someone hit randomize on the Oblivion character create

Does playing it on XB1 fix the framerate? I know all XB1 BC games are v-synced even if the original wasn't.

It can get pretty wonky at times, I definitely noticed that
Also they of course haven't fixed any of the bugs. Doing the mage guild quest where you leave the inn to travel the road with the merchant killer it froze as soon as I left the inn

Oblivion was the first game I ever bought
It's also the game I regret buying the most
What an abortion, nothing compared to Morrowind

Bugs are part of the experience.

Attached: 1550093977077.gif (500x493, 631K)

What are the essential mods to salvage this trainwreck?

Attached: d.jpg (200x179, 38K)

install button

Reinstalling as we speak nigga.

Attached: 1541626767183.gif (500x275, 264K)

Unique landscapes, Maskars Oblivion Overhaul, OCOv2, Oblivion reloaded/ENB, QTP, Immersive interiors and some individual texture mods and you're set.

Who is this flat faced qt?

Can those run on a toaster or am I stuck with vanilla

Daggerfall was a kilometer wide and a centimeter deep. There's a reason why everyone starts talking about ES with Morrowind.

unofficial patches, darnified ui, unique landscapes, better cities, better dungeons, alive waters, and an overhaul, according to most people.

Depends on what you mean by a toaster. It's a fairly old game so pretty much any system can run it today. If you don't have a very strong GPU i would skip massive texture overhauls, LODs and oblivion reloaded/ENB.

Attached: Oblivion20171109 00.51.19.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

Well it is a 13 year old game so I don't envision you having many problems.

Because that’s when it become digestible normalfag trash? I can’t say if TES was ever good, but I can say Morrowind was just as boring as Oblivion was just as boring as Skyrim will be just as boring as the next game.

my hand is moving towards the mod manager somebody stop me please i dont have enough time to justify spending 10 hours straight downloading and troubleshooting mods

Attached: 1548134056911.jpg (633x758, 105K)

>played the hell out of Oblivion
>couldn't get into Skyirm
What went wrong?

>tfw no jap flat faced gf

Probably never. I like how Bethesda went from claiming that they would never do horse armor again to charing $8 for blue power armor.

it's soulless

Attached: 12367332111.jpg (1242x1022, 100K)

>download legacy of the dragonborn and every compatible mod
>download graphics mods
>download tons of gameplay overhauls
>download plenty of degenerate sex mods
>can no longer play anything but Skyrim

Attached: help.png (220x203, 73K)

God I hope so. As much as Morrowind has the edge in immersive lore, nothing comes close to the music and atmosphere that Oblivion creates.

Attached: Oblivion 2019-04-07 12-49-37-464.jpg (1024x768, 447K)

Just follow Bevilex mod list. It takes a little bit of time but should be working correctly by the end of it. It gives you install instructions and everything. Just skip some of the mods on the list that are optional or that you don't think you need.

Attached: Oblivion20171108 21.37.10.jpg (1920x1080, 448K)

By digestible normalfag trash do you mean made by a competent studio?
Just because you grew up in a time where you had to chew through a turd looking for the chunk of corn doesn't mean everyone should.

I am sorry you grew up in the dark age of gaming but sincerely thank you for beta testing the industry for us.

I was so disappointed when I went from Morrowind to Oblivion and found all the cities locked behind walls and a loading screen.

Pretty much this. Throw in a decent music pack, possibly Oblivion XP.

Attached: 1540673473252.jpg (540x540, 44K)

this nigga knows his shit
Daggerfall is fucking huge but has no depth
Sure there are some great things about it, but still Morrowind is MUCh better

Did you even play the game?

Oblivion is the literal opposite of soulful. The game is practically a vacuum of soul so strong that it tries to steal your soul by pure pressure differential.

lol my skyrim folder is 70 gigs at this point

your post is stupid makes no sense and is wrong in general.

Skyrim is a small improvement over the clusterfuck that was Oblivion though. I usually don't play this card, but in this case I'm sure all the praise for Oblivion is pure nostalgia. Oblivion is literally a broken game, and it feels so god damn hollow, you can just feel the mainstream console-pandering in every step of the game.

>Skyrim is a small improvement over the clusterfuck that was Oblivion though
I agree to an extent but the quests were clearly much better, more memorable and actually interesting in Oblivion.

I was so dissapointed when I noticed all quest-lines were more like individual theme-park rides rather than storylines that felt suitable and grounded in the setting, or when I noticed how the level-scaling (especially for loot) made exploration completely meaningless (there was nothing to find), or when the dark elves had fag-voices instead of the gravelly voices from Morrowind, or when...

>homely
That's a good word to describe it.

Attached: 1525021739540.png (442x509, 328K)

Anyone know a fix to the issue of it crashing when you fast travel? Had a file that was fine until it started doing that 72 hours in, and I started another game that was fine until it too started crashing on fast travel 14 hours in.

Skyrim came out literally 5 years later. A LOT had happened in gaming by then. Personally I was over the formula. Same with new vegas. I cared more in 2008 when it was called Fallout 3.

I agree. It's like the antithesis of Stardew Valley.

They were so pandering though.

>CHOO CHOO, HOP ON THE QUEST TRAIN, HERE'S A MAGICAL PAINTING WORLD, NOW THAT'S DONE, HERE'S A PIRATE SHIP, HERE'S A MAGICAL DREAM, HERE'S A WACKY VILLAGE, etc etc etc

yeah

>tfw to intelligent to play modern wrpg's but to dum to play 90's wrpgs

Then play early 2000's wrpgs

Oblivion was pretty fucking boring for me and I wouldn't have played more than 100 hours if I didn't like the music, the night sky, and the rape mods.

how many mods is that user?

"flat face"
slope head, jutting jaw, lips nose, mongoloid features

>homely

Attached: 1554552696271.jpg (699x749, 116K)

It's such a step down from the writing and creativeness of Morrowind. We went from magical volcanic mushroom land to standard fantasy setting #1234. Plus, no matter how ugly the 3 polygon faces of Morrowind were, there's just something so off about the potatoheads of Oblivion that it looks worse imo.