Gamers BTFOd?

twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/1109495370688520192
He went on to delete it later on.

How will gamers recover from le based PS4 man's obliteration?

Attached: 997744654654654165465132165.png (540x558, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1113970715173294081
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what i would give to be sitting in my PJs playing SNES and eating Trix

Isn't this the guy who ruined his career?

Literally who?

>epic store is shit
>stadia is a meme
>vr is trash

w-why do gamers dont eat shit?

>Change = Good
Based retard

>twitter screencap thread
kys OP

>BRO ALL GAMERS ARE DUMB RACIST MISOGYNISTS THAT DONT LIKE CHANGE
>THE WORLD IS CHANGING WAKE UP
*buys ouya*

I don't hate VR and as for the other 2 if you know anything about technology at all you'll know they're hot garbage.

>Seems they'd prefer it if they were still sitting in their PJ's, playing SNES, and eating Trix
I WANT TO GO BACK

Attached: 1546991174485.jpg (550x366, 33K)

>hate Vr
Uhh no.
>hate stadia
No I hate people making claims of shit they can’t do then expecting us to eat this shit up
>hate epic store
Am I suppose to like the under developed chink cash grab?

Did this faggot just talk shit about Trix? It's go time

GAMERS, RISE UP!!!

oh let me just go and enjoy david jaffe's latest game, drawn to death
oh wait I can't because it was a multiplayer only game and its servers closed recently
all that work for nothing. but hey, progress right?

If I'm completely honest, I'd prefer if everything was still like it was during the PS2 generation.

us gamers like comfy fun indeed mr boomer game dev

gamers rise up

lol change for change's sake isn't always good
If it ain't broke don't fix it, Faggot Jaffe

who?

>we want improvement
>why are you so entitled?
>Why can't you deal with things change to shit?

I cant believe this fucking retard made Twisted Metal 2.

Imaging saying you wouldn’t want to eat trix and play snes.
Why is the gaming industry full of these prople.

>"LITERAL RACISTS DONT WANT VIDEO GAMES TO BE ADVERTISED FOR ADULTS AND PACKAGED WITH CHINESE SPYWARE"
F

I like change if it's good.
Stadia has terrible delay and is a controller instead of based kb&m.
VR is too expensive.
Epic store has zero ( 0 ) benefits for the consumer.

>another twitter screenshot thread from someone who's been irrelevant so long that that (((they))) won't even give him a blue checkmark
very few people hate VR, most of us just can't afford it, or if we can, we don't have the space to set it up properly. THe few of us who did fall for the VR meme realized that all the games for it fucking suck and no good ones are coming out any time soon. The tech needs to be done better before it can be more than a niche product. Nintendo, Sega, and Atari knew this 30 years ago when the Virtual Boy failed. Don't give people shit and get upset when we don't want it.

I wish Jaffe would just go away already, hasn't been relevant in more than a decade and always has the worst opinions.

He's correct, I do hate change.

>Hate Stadia
>Idiots thinks its because of change.
No it is because its fucking google and nothing they do ever works correctly.

Change doesn't automatically mean good

>Seems they'd prefer it if they were still sitting in their PJ's, playing SNES,and eating Trix.
Yes, and if you say otherwise then you are an enormous faggot.

Attached: 1553128516152.gif (500x281, 992K)

>random guy on twitter thread #962
Really it should be an auto-ban at this point

>tech savvy

I hate this phrase.

Gamers are used to getting fucked at every turn. So they're skeptical when a big corporation claims benevolence.

>go to buy twisted metal 2
>only have a $100 bill on me
>gives me back $40 in quarters one at a time
>ask him to please hurry up
>UGH GAMERS BASICALLY HATE CHANGE

Attached: 1553698502108.jpg (689x540, 33K)

I can only imagine VR will get better overtime. However, currently it is a expensive mess.
Stadia is for people with good internet and shit computers and no one else.
Epic store is for chinese loving yellow fever having gook lovers and nothing will change that.

Attached: 1547169461149.jpg (541x463, 159K)

Fuck. This guy spokes the truth. We need to go back to the era where lootboxes shooter is still not yet a thing.

change that is no calculated is chaos, and chaos is objectively the worst form of evil
as for the health of the industry, this won't be the first company to try and rival steam
the simple fact of the matter is that people have money tied up in the form of games, not invested in, tied up in Steam that could be lost if something else came along

At least look up who this person is...

Gaming has peaked during PS2/GC era, and most of the "changes" since that only brought it downward with gimmicks, mass casualization and monetization of stuff which previously was free as either unlocks or cheats.

>all change is good

Attached: disgruntled.png (261x359, 8K)

its because theyre all things he's vested in for money and he's getting rejected

he is adding vr to the mix in the tweet so it seems like you don't want new things

I hate epic store because it is run by chinks, and I hate Stadia because it is slow and how the hell would dev payment work?

There is no point in adding unnecessary changes just for the sake of change

>Forward thinking and change
Yet another attempt at selling VR to the mass audience, something that has had attempts on and off for 50 years nearly
Streaming games that has been attempted a dozen times and failed because of the same fundamental inability of the service, the lack of FTL networking
Epic Game Store, literally just another storefront with less functions and less features.

What the fuck about all of this is change and forward thinking? It's all step backs and attempts to retry a failed/old system

virtue signalling gamer hate to get the SJW game journos on his side
it'll never work but he'll keep deluding himself that it will

>SNES

Yeah back when actual games were top sellers and not movies or sport games

Attached: 5re.png (794x822, 88K)

>Change automatically means positive change, and new is automatically good
I don't use NPC meme often, but here it describes these people perfectly.

Attached: 1530799231242.png (600x600, 316K)

It's almost as if there are reasons people don't like the shit he mentioned

>Stadia
Stadia sounds amazing, if it was actually possible to get a playable (not buttery, silky smooth 13 fps) framerate without required hundreds of gigs of data per game. I don't it's possible

>EGS
I assume this guy is being paid by the Chinks to shill their spyware?

>VR
Biggest meme in vidya, persistent since the fucking 80s. VR still hasn't progressed to where we were promised 20 years ago and it's still fucking expensive as shit with virtually no games worth buying.

>lootboxes
Actually this retard is outspokenly in favor of lootboxes and said they're art.

>The guy who made some of Sony's biggest selling exclusives in the PS1 and PS2 era is now just a ranting lunatic on the internet
What a shame

Attached: 1500855612973.jpg (589x570, 167K)

>change for the sake of change

bend over goy and hand over 50$ to buy that shitty costume that would be free during ps2 era

I don't care about fortnite
I don't care about tencent or chinks
I don't care about steam monopoly or whatever
I refuse to use the epic store or anything epic related because of what they did to paragon and I will NEVER forgive them

Attached: sevarog-paragon-game-fantasy-(f26).jpg (1920x1080, 401K)

Amen.

Jaffe's a hasbeen and should stfu

Hate vr, stadia and epic store AND love eating trix in pj's playing SNES
Sounds pretty fucking based and comfy to me

>why the fuck do cunts hate change and new ideas?
>STOP TELLING ME TO PLAY GOD OF WAR 2018 IT ISN'T THE SAME

Attached: 98370592890525.jpg (654x477, 58K)

twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1113970715173294081
Sweeney has majority shares on Ebig games
He's the one making all the dumbshit decisions

EGS is bad for consumers and shady.

Streaming only is a bad idea

VR is too expensive, two of the three of the three of these are big companies behaving badly. one is a tech problem. nothing to do with gamers.

"Gamers" left 10 years ago when the market shifted its focus to casuals

All that's left are meat puppets who are so mentally bankrupt that they'd rather experience video games vicariously through twitch than play themselves.

What happens to these older devs who were once celebs? Same shit with Cliffy B

He and the board of directors which has Tencent operatives.

Epic store and VR are ok

>hate Epic
I'll like when it provides a service like Steam
>hate VR
VR has no games, except for regular games that also utilize VR as an option for the main campaign. Controls are still rough around the edges, though.
>hate Stadia
Game streaming platforms do not work, or work like shit most of the time. Google didn't adress this issue during the unveil, they just talked about streaming like if it was a brand new tech nobody heard about till now, and that should be a massive red flag for anyone. Unless they come up front and tell us how Stadia will be different, I'll remain skeptic

Jaffe originally shat on VR, who cuckpilled him?

why should we care about this has been?

make an appealing product and i'll check it out. I don't understand this trend of blaming fans of movies and videogames for not liking the products being offered, in the past they would have improved things based on that sort of feedback but now they just double down and keep insulting.

>playing SNES
Hell yeah

>VR
Even people like me who are positive about VR aren't buying in right now because we're waiting on more content and and lower prices
>Stadia
Even if they solved the lag issues, I don't want a future where a game can be taken away and become literally impossible to play, even illegally
>Epic Store
I already use stores other than Steam, EGS offers me nothing but less choice thanks to exclusivity

He's like Schafer except he's not doing anything productive

Attached: Twitterthread.png (775x325, 20K)

>gamers were the ones holding videogames back all along
deepest plets

Attached: how_many_dicks_did_i_suck_today_was_it_5_or_11.856.jpg (640x640, 74K)

>change good
>retro games bad

Yeah enjoy your one good game a year because you listened to people that never made a great game ever aka western developers

Attached: 1c73c8bb-0220-4ae1-9ea7-adf6df9ad99d.png (1470x1627, 175K)

I like VR because it’s legit. The tech is early but it works and opens gaming up to amazing things. Epic and Stadia are soulless company-first shit with no benefits for gamers which is why people hate it.

Twitter has made me realize so many people I used to respect were just trash ape retards. I’m thankful for that honestly.

>Epic
the only thing that i dislike is introducing exclusives into PC, doesn't concern me with anything else
>STADIA
retarded idea until half of the world wouldn't be under Google Friber or something similar, its too early for anyone to try streaming games
>VR
love idea, but its still needs development. Personally i'm waiting for them to make some sort of mmorpg

>Deus Ex
>System Shock
>Tomb Raider series
>Legacy of Kain series
>Spyro
>GTA
>Donkey Kong Country
>Hollow Knight
All of these, and hundreds of other titles and series were not made by japs. Eat shit, weeb.

There was me with the strange opinion that gamers just want to play games to get away from reality for a bit.

>Industry vet who made tons of good games and one of the best selling games of 2018 and became senile
At least look up his name

Please for the love of god send me back!

I’m not paying 10 gorillian dollars on VR jaffe

>Gamers confuse me! They seem to hate every change that's objectively bad!! I DON'T GET IT?!

based retard

We live in a society, and we want to watch it burn. Because that would be based. Rise up!

Man what I would give to get a chance to play Nosgoth again or feel what I felt when I first played Soul Reaver

>one of the best games of 2018
???

>They hate epic store

Malware

>Stadia
Streaming games online only is really fucking dumb and will get fucked by input lag

>VR
I’m not paying 20 gorillian dollars for a an entire room set up to flap like a bird

I liked your joke :)

Attached: file.png (359x61, 6K)

I know who he is, but twitter threads need to fucking die

HOW DOES EPIC STORE BENEFIT ME ME ME ME ME. NOT THE DEVELOPERS. I CARE ABOUT ME.

God I loved the music and presentation of that game. Still not sad to see it go though

Tomb Raider was always trash that only became popular in the 5th gen because

1)Boobs
2)It was made in the west
3)Boobs

If they made games I like I'd buy them more often. I only bought like 4 games since the PS4 released

>le gamers are just entitled manchildren meme
you as a developer are not entitled to my money. what does epic offer the consumer that makes it worth using over other services?

People hate it when big companies pretend to be their friend while also telling them that they're going to have less freedom and choice.
I love the idea of video game streaming but it has huge glaring negatives that absolutely should not be dismissed as "bawww upset gamer boys".
The contempt that this industry has for its audience is appalling because they know exactly what's wrong with it.

thank you friend

Wanna know how I know you never played the games?

This thread has been about video games. You guys need to stop being childish about where statements come from. What's important are the words and ideas, not the method of sending them.

best selling games
Fucking read

ive played all of them and hes right

"gamers" are not a class

What?!
A literally-who wrote a tweet with only 140 likes and then deleted it?
MILLENNIALS
IT'S TIME FOR OUR DAILY OUTRAGE

Attached: 1534375255081.jpg (770x578, 19K)

I played pretty much all the PS1 library (including JP releases) and Tomb Raider is pretty much the most overrated videogame series of all time

Yeah let's listen to how games should technologically advance from a film school dropout who desperately, pathetically wishes he could make movies instead

Attached: 1552780946644.jpg (866x607, 46K)

I will never encourage the cancer that is twitter screencap threads

This isn't Jaffe's first stupid statement, and likely won't be his last.

Nothing exciting to see here, folks.

Separate the creator from the creation

Just like that fucking faggot of an indie developer Phil Phish despite Fez being good

That's even worse. It doesn't take a genius to make a simple game that sells a lot. Just look at GoW2018.

>Stadia
Playing with delay, no thx.
>Epic
Not yet at the very least.
>VR
Too expensive for now.

Lol @ tech savvy, fucking humanities brainlets.

That's awful
I love it

Lol no, have you seen the absolute retarded bullshit from then existing Neogaf, now Resetera?

Yes it fucking matters where it comes from

Jaffe is the typical American who feels the need to have an opinion on absolutely everything despite having no insight

you know he didn't make gow 2018 right?

Ah, you're "pretending" to be retarded
Very nice

Leave Kojima alone

>Biggest meme in vidya, persistent since the fucking 80s. VR still hasn't progressed to where we were promised 20 years ago and it's still fucking expensive as shit with virtually no games worth buying.
VR today is actually pretty banging in many ways, but it has a few flaws that will prevent it from achieving mainstream success for the foreseeable future:

1) Space concerns
2) Financial concerns
3) Simplicity

If someone can find a way to address 2 and 3, I think they will hit it big. Make a headset that is self-contained, not an accessory for something else, that costs around $500-$600.

The space concerns may just have to be something we live with. Maybe have one of those omni-treadmills as an addon option.

I'd love to be in PJs playing snes and eating trix.
My issue isn't with change, it's with removing accessibility to games. Stadia makes playing games harder by removing which games you can effectively play due to latency. We're not korea or japan, we don't have connections to servers with ping in the single digit or teens. It's not a thing. There's just inherent delay with any sort of streaming too. Gaming isn't movies/music. You can't fix all your problems by hosting your content out of fucking enormous server farms. You need to make your games good.
Especially you jaffe you fucking hack. drawn to death was aborted then when sony asked where the fuck the game was, you shit out some abomination and did all that you could to suck money from people's wallets.

You're thinking of David Cage, but that's fine because he holds the exact same """"opinions""""

Attached: 1447390968564.gif (250x188, 213K)

Change=turning the videogame industry into the movie industry

Attached: 1524997344509.jpg (681x526, 147K)

Did I say something wrong?
GoW is pretty bad game and isn't shrug like the previous ones in the series but it sold well for two reasons.
Mass marketing and the ps4 drought.

Bring tech savvy and forward thinking is why gamers hate this shit because we know it's dead end fads and bad for the industry

Who is this actual retard?

kek

What about the puzzles? Platforming? Unique environments/settings? Yeah, the tits didn't hurt the game, but it'd still be solid if it were a dude instead. Clearly the soiboys at ND agreed because that's literally Uncharted.

I've played every video game ever created and I can safely say your favorite video game is the most overrated game of all time.

>I'll like when it provides a service like Steam
It already does, doesn't it? Buy, download, install and play video games? Or were you talking about the social networking botnet/bloatware? Don't you kids use instagram for that?

The more I've read up about Fez the more it becomes apparent that Phil Phish did basically nothing more then be the idea guy for the base idea and used money from his rich parents to fund it. Sure, the money has to come from somewhere, but saying he is a developer is a rather extreme stretch.

I bet Jaffe was excited for Ouya as well

I don't understand this meme about Kojima making movies instead. He's a huge film buff but he very clearly enjoys the interactive elements of games. MGS1, 2, and 3 were some of the most technologically forward-thinking games of their times, it wasn't until 4 - when Kojima very obviously wanted to start a new project that wasn't MGS - that they started to crater into the ground.

Attached: 1410493882445.png (608x600, 213K)

>out of touch hasbeen
why wouldn't we want to be back in the age of games for the sake of games before the industry mutated into what it is today

>these replies
Fucking sickening, that's worse than CP. How the fuck do you report piece of shit like that on twitter? This is just NOT right.

Man he nailed his post because it applies to 90% of Yea Forums
LMAO

>shrug
That's what I get for switching to phone to take a shit.

>puzzles? Platforming? Unique environments/settings?
5/10 completely average but forgettable
tits was the only real selling point
Uncharted is not Tomb Raider, it has the same setting but that's it, it's a naughty dog movie-game

you're such a faggot user jesus christ

Why do these idiots always spout the absolutely stupidest shit and act like gamers are some hivemind, also all of those are trash, maybe VR has some potential.

Attached: 1529195453871.jpg (1024x862, 96K)

Stupid retard dev doesn't know what people want. More at 8

Stadia is 200% DRM no ownership, online requirement, no mod supporr ever, will have noticable input lag, image & sound compression, and no game preservation for the future. Wow, what a great hill die on mister!

VR is antisocial, only first person view, no real AAA game, and accessory required to mount on your head. Goddamn, future is progressive just say yes to everything!

You can't offer people inferior alternatives to things they already have and expect them to treat it as the second coming of Christ. Epic's just another store front with less user features. Stadia's just another console with built-in Always Online and input lag as a fundamental feature. VR's at least unique, but is basically just motion controls with a screen strapped to your face.

Honestly right now is the best era of gaming I've experienced and I'm 33. I have a huge backlog of quality Japanese games to play, dirty cheap and i get to catalogue them all with the trophy/achievement systems.

Attached: 1546768192691.jpg (1287x772, 515K)

Without the tits Tomb Raider wouldn't be remembered today

How many of those games were made this gen.

I don't hate VR, I just think is not for every one...

As for Ebbin Gay Store, and Goolag Stadia, they can go fuck themselves with Triangle Man's Sword.

>why no buy shit product?
>bad consumer! baaaad!
t-think of the economy!

Epic Games Store only buys third-party games who had already promised releases in key stores. Also, the whole spyware thing and flagrant security issues.
Stadia it's the supreme form of cancer. Locking out player's control over the games it's fucking horrifying.
Nothing wrong with VR. Not my cup of tea, but nothing wrong with it.

Yeah, but he also made Calling All Cars and Drawn to Death.

That and the mass marketing.

I don't hate change. I hate stupid fucking ideas headed by idiocy. Also, whoever said they hated VR?

I am tech savvy and that's why I know that stadia and VR suck.
Being tech savvy doesn't mean buying into every latest gimmick gadget that comes out

>playing SNES and eating Trix.
Yeah, people like him would do much better if they stick to just that.

>them all with the trophy/achievement systems.

You are either not 33 or you started playing videogames recently,no respectable boomer would care about cheevos at all

>mods allow this shit but delete video game threads

i don't hate change i just hate minorities

Attached: t74fjx7v8sqz.png (754x734, 768K)

>EPIC
Its an outright downgrade from Steam, and it tries to force itself into the market with exclusives without offering anything.
>Stadia
People like to actually own what they purchase and connection speeds arent up to the level where streaming videogames at 1080p doesn't give you a shitton of input lag.
>VR
Because it's not VR, it's AR. Also it has done nothing but spawn memes like ugandan knuckles.

What are these replies ? Why is some shooting spammed on a gaming tweet from 2 weeks ago

>Thing comes out
>is shit
>air grievances with shit thing
>wtf you hate change?!?!?!?+?

Are these people intentionally misleading or just stupid? I cant tell anymore.

Fucking this