This game has aged like milk

Holy shit, does it feel clunky and outdated in every aspect. Not even the story is that good anymore.

Attached: The-cover-of-Final-Fantasy-VII.jpg (500x478, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nswfLcROs-0
youtube.com/watch?v=NOX4AxH83vo
youtube.com/watch?v=kOjDwfPLRW0
youtube.com/watch?v=3rV40ypje7o
youtube.com/watch?v=J8o9gGOKEg4
youtube.com/watch?v=PANzcFxPOcM
youtube.com/watch?v=oQwQnEfbh0U
youtu.be/MQR6oko6YkE
youtube.com/watch?v=CBRAkpXTmCs
youtube.com/watch?v=lrI8bHs6Qvk
3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/warehouse/v1.0/publiccontent/2fec85c1-371e-4ceb-bf1a-39b31c4a2772
youtube.com/watch?v=ko3FwIgIVoc
youtube.com/watch?v=kLagOCvJAhY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shut up faggot this game is art.

get bent, zoomer

visuals have aged, but the gameplay is still very solid. it offers more than a lot of modern day JRPGS, and that's a fact.

No it doesn't, you just select the strongest attack every turn and use an ether every now and then. And because of the stupid ATB system you can't even take your time to think of the best course of action before the enemy attacks again.

t. gaynigger.
spbp, unironically based

Agreed.

This guy should read this.

I'm not an apologist for shitty FF7, but if you want the ATB to wait for you to make your choices, go into options and turn "Wait" on. if you're a faggot anyway.

t. retard who can't find the wait option

Just emulated this. Hoho God damn, you guys really have some delusions.

Lol no it's still fantastic, I just started a replay now that it's on the switch. Fantastic intro that hooks the player immediately, full of info, and brimming with soul. Seriously one of the best intros in gaming, and the OST and story is still God tier.

You go kiss a dick, OP! That game's MAH CHILDHOOD MANG!

Cool, now all there is to fix is the Materia system. Skyrim gets shit because of how it allows you to use anything regardless of classes, but here it's apparently good?

>wanting easy mode

Time to filter another phrase.

The OST might be good composition wise, I'll give you that, but it sounds too midi-like and artificial for current standards.

You can't jam every materia on one guy, not even on the whole party. End game equpments have more materia slots than the equipment at the start.

>Looks like shit

Fans have recently been able to upgrade the background CGI set pieces using AI and have ported hd models from other gf games for characters like cloud, so u can now play a kind of hd fan remaster for free on steam if u alredy have the game

I used to shit on the Materia system until I really started to pay attention to how drastically it affected your stats. It's arguably the only good thing about the game, aside from the 10/10 soundtrack.

>midi
>industrial music sounds artificial
Fuck it, this is a OST thread now. Post your faves

youtube.com/watch?v=nswfLcROs-0

Attached: (hoo boy).gif (500x522, 1.78M)

I love 7. I HAVE come to the conclusion though that 9 was the best PS Final Fantasy, OVERALL

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_FinalFantasyIX_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 166K)

>sounds too midi-like and artificial
shut the fuck up

>current standards
This is how I know you don't know what you're talking about, and are just trying way too hard. Music is timeless. Same with this game.

Also, all those minigames are terrible. The stealth section in the Shinra building, the fucking bike section...why??

>wtf this game sucks!!
>didn't even check what the options were in config
did you even get past midgar?

Attached: FFVII_Config.png (640x480, 105K)

The bike and snowboarding are fucking great. I can see how you hate the stealth minigame only if you were totally shit in it since it's so short.

go back to twitter if words upset you :)

Just replayed both. IX is good but way too slow. Both in narrative and combat.
youtube.com/watch?v=NOX4AxH83vo

Whoa, this single track playing on repeat during an entire section, even in the middle of a dramatic scene...masterful audio design...there's a reason why Uematsu says FFIX has the better soundtrack, faggot.

ATB is a shitfart, why did Square use it for so long? FFX saved us from the curse, but then they just added it right fucking back for the X-2, 12, 13, and 13-2.

That's not even the problem with ATB, though

Well, yeah, pretty much, welcome to the majority of turn-based RPGs, you hold the button while listening to music.

The story is alright for a JRPG, but the translation was pretty awful from what I recall. Shit is not well explained.

That's not what's wrong with Skyrim, either.

I'd say there is now a problem with game music composers now hiding behind their epic-sounding orchestras and real instruments, though.

Just play New Threat. It fixes the gameplay for the most part.

Look it's the daily contrarian ff7 opinion thread. How exciting.

Attached: EALIN_2.png (368x400, 115K)

>FFIX has the better soundtrack
Yeah they're all hits.
youtube.com/watch?v=kOjDwfPLRW0
>Honeycomb shaped house
>Honeybee inn
It was destiny.

Attached: aer.jpg (1760x2500, 1.74M)

So in your fucked up mind the songs sounding "too midi-like and artificial" is the same as "this single track playing on repeat"?

Are you retarded?

>Whoa, this single track playing on repeat during an entire section, even in the middle of a dramatic scene...masterful audio design...there's a reason why Uematsu says FFIX has the better soundtrack, faggot.¨

Could you point out a section that changes it's music track without certain requirements being met?

OP is seething mad because of this thread
Do not be an OoTfag

Upset? That's a funny way to perceive spam.

Off the top of my head, anytime Kuja shows up in FFIX.

Yeah, those are two things I dislike about the OST.

>kuja shows up
>his theme plays
MASTERFUL

Just did the Reno boss fight where the pillar collapses. Does the fighting get any deeper? Right now all it's based on is those fucking materia slots

Materia effects your stats
Piling on magic and summons make your attack stat take a pretty large hit for instance
Theres also a limit on how much you can equip at once
Which is why enemy skill materia is the best because it takes 1 slot and has no stat changes

>*we will rock you* starts playing
oh lord, this fag again.

Attached: bimbo.png (556x636, 977K)

It's an objective improvement over VII.

>Right now all it's based on is the core mechanic of the game

Maybe Fortnite is more your speed. It's flashy and colorful.

>anytime Kuja shows up in FFIX
>a section that changes it's music track without certain requirements being met

Oh, like in FFVII when Turks enter the scene, Turks theme starts to play stopping the previous music?

(You) read
Also listen
youtube.com/watch?v=3rV40ypje7o

Yeah but is that it? Is leveling up purely for more HP and MP?

Materia's stat effects are pretty negligible and work in your favor most of the time anyways.

>It was destiny.
Please don't disrespect the dead.

Attached: ONNA_52.png (640x384, 206K)

The typical
>Le make a "This game is so shit thread" because a few threads regarding the game has popped up more than usual recently

Attached: 1543921767106.jpg (421x300, 32K)

Basically yes. The stat system in FF7 sucks dick and is basically an afterthought. Some stats don't even do anything.

>clunky

Everyone who say this has an IQ under 90.

It is honestly hard to discuss music on a technical level well because most people probably miss all sorts of things. For instance I only noticed recently (years after playing the game as a kid) that the long intro for the FF8 boss theme is weird as fuck. Some of the instruments are on 5s (kick drum, organ) and some are on 8s (synths, cymbals, snare I think) and then one of the measures has an extra beat (for the 8s I think, so I guess a partial beat for the 5s?). Anyway, don't take my word for that because an analysis like that is so prone to error, but I am sure if you combed through more tracks you'd find ridiculous things like that.

Goddammit, thanks for making me think of that shit

Levelling up raises your characters' stats (Strength, HP, MP, Magic and so on). Levelling up materia makes it stronger depending on materia nad as you go through the game, you find other materias and ways to increase your stats.

Just mash the Attack button and you'll be alright.

My point is, the OST itself is good but the way it's used rarely complements the story beats. It was good for it's time but now it's super basic and boring.

my b.

Attached: dirty.jpg (1410x995, 235K)

>Does the fighting get any deeper? Right now all it's based on is those fucking materia slots
I guess it depends on what you're wanting when you say 'deeper', but materia is always going to be the primary way you kit out your group. Keep in mind that you've barely finished the intro, as the game goes on you get a lot more options (both in amount of materia you can equip at one time, and in the different materia available) and you can pull off some pretty wacky shit with it.

Bullshit.

That must be it, yeah, only a retard would think a 25 year old game is outdated.

FFVII's font for woodwinds sn't the most pleasing on the ears. Always had a soft spot for the strings, though.

Yeah, I get it, you cried when Aeris dies. Now listen to the sountrack during the remaining 95% of the game.

Well maybe you shouldn't expect post 2000's technology and solutions on a game pre-2000's?

Attached: seph.webm (960x720, 1.25M)

This, but unironically.
Some things are timeless.
ok.
youtube.com/watch?v=J8o9gGOKEg4

Attached: no hoops for you.jpg (1429x984, 331K)

Yes, fellow gamer, it is very buzzword, and buzzword.

>treasured nostalgiacow from the awful 32-bit generation doesn't hold up

you don't say!

>IX is good but way too slow. Both in narrative and combat.

We must simply have to agree to disagree...I LOVED 9's combat. I agree the pace gets slow in spots, but that's FF for you...exploration. I mean 7 did it too, and holy SHIT did 8 do it...

Chocographs were fun as hell too; superior to the racing/breeding of 7s. Dont get me wrong I loved spending hours getting my wonderful/wonderful chocobo to class S+ and forever kicking Teio's ass...the dude that would ride the black chocobo against you often. I just preferred the thrill of the hunt.

Now, if you wanna know my feelings upon actually reaching the caves in which the colored birds were able to reach and being able to stand on once untouchable turf...then ENTERING...that quiet, peaceful music plays and then you see the big ass HUNK of materia nestled in the corner somewhere...Oh Round Island...

"Over the course of many Years, Mako energy crystallizes into Materia!"

Attached: 115663-1441580400.jpg (2888x1008, 265K)

FF8 was better anyway.

>this isn't symbolic of what Cloud is saying but what Sephiroth is doing that very moment listening from the next room

Attached: worry.jpg (600x762, 41K)

Now, now, children. I think we can all agree that OoT and FFVII have both aged like milk.

not him, but 2d would help out ff7 a lot.

k

Attached: HomerSandwich.png (400x267, 37K)

>yfw you can walk back here

Attached: 7628442c.png (628x442, 530K)

My skinchallenged brother from another mother

Attached: b2f.jpg (680x447, 26K)

Don't even mind the thread in its own right, but it's pussy nigga shit to do it because you're mad about your childhood game getting the works.

Attached: FFVII_Early_Concept.jpg (658x520, 300K)

FF6 > Cross > Trigger > FF9 > Valkyrie Profile > Vagrant Story > FFX > DQ8 > Xenogears > Tactics > KH2 FM > FF7
This is objectively correct

>FF6 anywhere near top
Disregarded and shit opinion

>Chocographs were fun as hell too; superior to the racing/breeding of 7s.

Attached: screenshot0141.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Well of course, 8's the contrarian option. 7 and 9 are top tier regardless.
>all those literal who titles

Attached: smugman.png (500x500, 94K)

Most under appreciated track desu

youtube.com/watch?v=PANzcFxPOcM

Attached: CLSIN2_2.png (480x352, 138K)

>FFX>>>Tactics
BIG time yikes holy shit

Wrong, OOT is literally flawless in 2019 aside from the fact we cannot skip cutscenes, thus making it a pain in the ass to play. FF7 on the other hand aged like shit & was a downgrade from FF6 in every regard

You've gotta begin to think that that enemy you just fought may be questioning whats real or not in HIS "world pov" as well...FF7 is deep; society is replicated honestly. dont look at them as game characters; look at everyone as PEOPLE, like you would IRL. Things change drastically throughout the game; you're not even 10% into it.

Seething
T. Zoomer
Cope more

You know there is a mod of OoT that skips all cutscenes and similar stuff?

FFIV=FFVIII>FFVII>The Rest
That is all

Attached: 1553383344051.png (888x781, 779K)

They're both great I don't get why it needs to be a pissing match

Obscure background.

Attached: GON_WA2.png (320x304, 80K)

A zoomer would list 6 you little shit. Try again.

Attached: tifa tending.jpg (720x990, 88K)

Still has THE MOST ACCOMPLISHED antagonist. Fulfilled each and every goal he ever had, and gained even more than that!

KEFKA "THE GOD OF ALL MAGIC" PALAZZO!!!

Attached: 6198080-ff6+kefka+god+form.png (378x363, 292K)

I used to think this one was bad but I think I just hate the fight.
youtube.com/watch?v=oQwQnEfbh0U

You so dumb. For real.

>after a few nights in a row of FFVII fan threads with a surprising amount of actual discussion and fun speculation, the obligatory thread of naysaying snowflakes pops up
Congrats, you just figured out first-hand what that fancy "contrarian" word means with a textbook example.

Attached: charlie.gif (263x263, 1.11M)

Was pretty much a nobody and most people didn't even take him seriously, until he pulled the mcguffin stunt

I forget the context that plays.

Attached: 1531859407114.png (597x418, 132K)

Just think some artist team had to work on that. And that's a level 2 of Gongaga village, which is skippable, and that room is easy to miss. No guarnatee that you'll even see it.

Oh by the way, the graphics look like SHIT and there is no reason they couldn't have used the in-battle models during normal gameplay, or at least test the waters with another title and get used to 3D modeling before giving us those Minecraft godawful models.

The plot forces you into Gongaga at one point, but yeah, most stuff in Gongaga is missable

But it's not that, it's because someone started a new meme format saying that OoT is dated and in that same thread people agreed that it doesn't hold up well while FFVII does.

I wish we got actual FF7 sequels. What we got are these weird things that have nothing to do visually or narratively with FF7. That Advent Children movie was some fanwank nonsense.

Fan wanking = just giving fans what they want instead of actually trying to tell interesting new stories.

That being said, I don't know what a post-Meteor world would need sequels for. Most of the problems are resolved.

>Cross > Trigger
Fucking excuse me

Northern Caves watery area's and other places too... Think it played when Hojo and the rest were at the crater looking at Seph encased before hell broke loose

Always thought this weird junon shop stood out.

Attached: JUN_W.png (512x480, 125K)

Have fun using poison magic on that random encounter with an enemy 7 levels lower than you. I mean, that's how you play it, right?

>You did bring Aeristh with you right, user?
>underage doesn't like the low poly models

Attached: goku suspicious.jpg (713x531, 80K)

yeah it's no longer associated with chadstation so it's shit now.

>Autists getting upset because ATB makes them think and act fast which is a real life skill they blow at
>being this upset you can't sit there for as long as you want

Full autism

You heard'em

Attached: 1527023864287.jpg (1000x1000, 111K)

Faggot, I MAKE low poly videogames. There's low poly and then there's straight up ugly.

The latter is the key moment it plays, since the title refers to the Jenova reunion.

I always wanted there to be a sort of FFVII: Snake Eater where you played as Sephiroth on whatever journey/mission made him such a legend.

I never understood the complaining about it and it's usually framed like they're the "real" jrpgers but I just always assumed they spill spaghetti in real time and can't handle it.

soul

Attached: JUNBIN21.png (512x432, 208K)

No you don't. You have no actual idea what you're talking about.

Attached: cowgirl tifa.jpg (207x442, 43K)

midgar seems like such a comfy place to live

If you're not gonna give me the time to plan my attack at least make easy to navigate menus, not a fucking attack list that takes forever to use.

Troll threads just can't stand in the face of ABSOLUTE TRUTH

Advent children may indeed have sucked as a whole, but I'll admit that I screeched like an animal of some sort when Kadaj landed with the bag at the bottom; Cloud collides, and then...

"Hisashiburidana...Kuroudou..."

Was he blocking your path to the huge materia

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Thinking on your feet and being quick is an alpha male trait and autists cannot deal with the massive failures they are, they lose terribly and hate it.

Tell me how the FFVII models are better than those in Vagrant Story, please.

Sapphire has awoken.

Attached: TRNAD_53.png (320x960, 392K)

>Not even the story is that good anymore.
>anymore
Name one game made in the last five years that has a better story. Just one.

>Not just getting past him from above and descending on the plane

That's literally what everyone did

Attached: ITOWN_M.png (464x416, 149K)

>judging twenty year old games by the standards of today

Literal communism

The issue with AT is that toward the beginning of the game everyone has a low speed stat so everyone awkwardly waits around for the bars to fill. Then, at the end of the game, everyone has high speed stats and they're all already queued up with a move 90% of the time waiting for 4 other characters'/enemies' animations to finish. X-2 was pretty fast for an ATB system, but X-2 sucked in a lot of other ways.

Undertale

Let's go back in time to enjoy it the right way!

8fags are like those annoying hipsters who don't shut up about the obscure "underrated" movie they went to see at the theater that they can barely remember afterwards, the same day there was a major new blockbuster. You already have the concession all the PS1 games are good, but you invite more ire acting like that mess is immune to criticism.

I unironically thought you were the guy rooting for the FF7 models until I reread your little tantrum, because the vagrant story models are the fucking worst I've ever seen.

Well, "seen", not like I could make up much of the jittering pixel soup they are.

Ripoff of Crusader of Centy so no.

Attached: MIDGAL.png (320x720, 248K)

this game is literally perfect in my OPINION

The CRAZIEST shit was exiting the Gelnika and FIRST THING YOU SEE, not even an inch or so away was that big green bastard RIGHT IN FRONT of your sub! You'd have to immediately reenter and then he'd be moved somewhere else.

>Not pressing forward during the loading screen so you move immediatly

>ATB makes them think and act fast which is a real life skill they blow at
The problem isn't that it makes you think or act fast, the problem is that it slaps you across the nuts if you can't immediately find that thing you knew you wanted to use before your turn even came up in your inventory of dozens upon dozens of items. It doesn't test your quick thinking or reflexes, it tests your ability to scroll through a menu, which isn't a super engaging thing in the first place.

>Still has THE MOST ACCOMPLISHED antagonist.
That's not Ardyn "I literally cannot lose" Izunia.
>Fulfilled each and every goal he ever had
Kefka wanted the annihilation of hope, which never happened.
He also wanted to create a monument to nonexistence and didn't get to do that.

Attached: 1487412785473.png (1280x800, 1.1M)

Pareidolia, my friend.

what do

Attached: MTCRL_8.png (320x240, 93K)

And that's why you don't make videogames for a living.

How so?

Attached: ROADEND.png (320x240, 60K)

Attached: NVMKIN23.png (320x240, 61K)

>when you nut but she keep suckin

So yeah, the game is not that good anymore and you're better off playing later FF entries.

So you're telling me the heroes get stronger and faster as you progress the game and fight battle after battle? Remind me how that's a bad thing

>Still has THE MOST ACCOMPLISHED antagonist.
Typical brainlet 6fag who hasn't played 5, nothing to see here

No, that's because I am too lazy to go through the process of learning. If I did, I still wouldn't proudly claim on Yea Forums how great my unity assetflip is, though.

Why Cid why

Attached: CHRIN_2.png (416x592, 213K)

Everyone just waits around like a dumbass and speed stat cannot be properly represented due to animation time. How is this good design?

No, that would be this.
youtu.be/MQR6oko6YkE

He DID though. I think the entire Planet being barren of pretty much EVERYTHING of sustenance except for our elite crack Team of heroes who somehow keep on, keeping on...Yeah, I think the Planet being destroyed, which lasted for WHAT, YEARS? Yes, years! The "World of Ruin" it became. OH YEAH, the crazy fucker straight jacked the entire concept of Magic as a whole and made it his own... Seriously though, even In Jap, what Chadka did was literally referred to as, "Sekai kuzure"...aka, THE END OF THE WORLD.

Yeah he lost cause of plot, and simple lack of fucks to give! In the end he was only trolling to begin with!

With that attitude I kinda doubt you have much to be proud of.

OWA can eat my ass, this is Sephiroth's real fight theme.

Despite being 1 out of 7.7 billion people on Planet earth, OP makes up more than 50% of the faggotry.

Attached: 1526837174945.jpg (655x527, 59K)

who here /played/ shadow madness

Most memorable theme is "You Can Hear The Cry of the Planet" played arriving in Forgotten Capital.

youtube.com/watch?v=CBRAkpXTmCs

You can tell shit has never been THIS serious before.

Attached: yGt4rvaHunWq2eP.jpg (500x700, 106K)

>Not even the story is that good anymore
Does a thing stop being once other things have saturated the environment it helped create?
Kinda like how LotR was one of the first great things in its genre but is now generic as FUCK as a result of its greatness, FF7 did a similar thing with its storytelling
Before then, there weren't many "2deep5you" video games, partially due to the fact the technology just wasn't there to represent it so nobody tried
Lots of people have nostalgia for FF7 not because of the fact it was the best of its kind, but because it helped create its kind

Also it's not outdated in EVERY aspect, the ATB and Materia systems still hold up incredibly strong today

Did you even talk to any NPCs in the World of Ruin? There was plenty of hope. People were getting along despite Kefka's mad rule.
And even if only the heroes were hopeful, that's still a failure. Anyone having hope means hope is not dead, and Kefka wanted the erasure of hope.
Meanwhile Ardyn Izunia got what he wanted. The downfall of the kingdom of Lucis and the end of the line of Kings. He also got the eternal rest that was denied to him.

I love the contrast between this one and the one about OoT. Buttassedmadness off the charts and refusal to believe it's anything but trolling in that one and this one is chill.

And that's saying a lot considering FF fan base is terrible.

nah, you're just a little bitch. ff7 is same as chrono trigger, gameplay is universally good no matter when do you play it.

They knew better than to singularly anger him in any form or fashion though or their little "hopeful" town would be JUSTICED off the map...literally.

Attached: ffvi_kefka_light_of_judgement_ios (1).png (500x334, 298K)

>ff7 is same as chrono trigger
whoah hwoha hwoa whoa let's not fall into that overrating CT trap

8 was better in every single way outside of character development

fuck you

Those are left overs from the war. Japan fired missiles at Midgar, and this one iddn' explode.

>Did you even talk to any NPCs in the World of Ruin? There was plenty of hope. People were getting along despite Kefka's mad rule.

It's pure post apocalypse, and they're just scraping by. Any time they could be killed off by Kefka.

VIII was an insanely fun journey that sputtered at the end. Like Brave Fencer Musashi. Only thing holding them back from true greatness was the ending.

But still, overall VII was still better. Have no issues with people preferring VIII though. Had better although less memorable music.

Nope.

Attached: BONEVIL.png (320x480, 210K)

FF7 Fags are the Evacucks of gaming, easily the most abnoxious fandom for any Japanese game. Not even Smash autism is as bad as FF7 fags

>trying to get bahamut zero or whatever in this area
The trials of blind playthrough on first runfagging

The whole part where you played as Laguna I think was his name...that entire segment was just seemingly odd and out of place. imo, that is.

Who else got "The End" on the very first try against Omega? Haha, seriously didnt even mean to.

Attached: example.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Is there a more telltale sign of someone being a underage zoomer than thinking VII is shit?

Attached: 1489983703938.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

Maybe lower your god damn expectations.
Do you watch 80s movies and cry about outdated CGI?
It was a groundbreaking game at the time but unfortunately you weren’t even born then to experience it.
It’s still great but yeah, obviously a 20 year old game is going to look and feel dated in the modern year. Sorry if that’s a dealbreaker to a casual gamer like yourself.

Attached: MKT_S2.png (320x320, 74K)

its not shit, but definitly overhyped.
i actually had more fun with legend of dragoon.

>anymore
?
Stories have been getting worse, not improving.

Unironically this, ATB is a fucking trash system and the one game that didn't have it ended up having the best combat system in the entire series (FFX)

FF7 was and still is a pile of hot steaming garbage.
FF9 was and still is the peak of FF series.
Don't (You) me.

The graphics weren't great when it came out so yes if a movie from the 80s was using 1960's graphics I might say something about it when expressing my opinion.

>that abhorrent spelling mistake
At least try to portray your minority side somewhat well.

not him, but you completely proofed him in 1 single sentence

Kids, take notes, this is how you do edge.

only thin wrong with it were the models, and only on the overworld, it looked great otherwise

>FF9 was and still is the peak of FF series.

More like FPS 9.

I'm just going to assume you're ETL at this point.

I was about to correct you, but instead ended up learning something myself. I never knew that of you don't save the train from crashing, which carries the Blue Huge Materia that you could ever have a chance of getting it again!

Well played user. I knew you could buy the Ultima from the kid if you didn't save the Village but didn't know mighty Bahamut ZERO was able to be gotten again.

when a zoomer try too hard to play a classic and he think "everyone did it so i can do it too" but turn out bitching about a PS1 game

>ff9 the peak of the series
An absolute joke compared to 2004-2009 FFXI. Dirt.

user was and still is a huge gay, his dicksucking was and still is the peak of faggotry. Don't @ him, he'll try and rape himself on your dick.

You're going to be seeing those overworld models a lot though.

>It was a groundbreaking game at the time
dont forget that star ocean 2 belonged to the same era, yet its still not outdated and one of the best jrpgs that exist.

Neither do you since you've neglected to show anything.
Still wrong, ding dong.

You're insane. The graphics were absolutely great when the game was released. No one were doing CGI sequences like Final Fantasy was on the PS1 nor did any game utilize pre-rendered backgrounds nearly as well. It was legitimately using the medium it was meant for better than most titles on the console, the only other titles I could remotely say come close was another Final Fantasy game which was 9.

There was no huge materia in Gelnika that party could pick up. It was shown that Gelnika took off from Juno to deliver the huge materia and your party misses it at Juno. The huge materia was deliver to Rocket Town and Gelnika seemed to be downed on it's way back. You do get good items in the Gelnika though.

well the point was that it is extremely near impossible to get there and I tried a lot and never got it

didn't even know that you have to save/not save a train in order for the chance, from what I read it never said anything about that but maybe I just forgot

kino fantasy territory
youtube.com/watch?v=lrI8bHs6Qvk

Ok, who let the niggers get on this board?

3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/warehouse/v1.0/publiccontent/2fec85c1-371e-4ceb-bf1a-39b31c4a2772

Look at those beautiful graphics

>get blown up
>UH UH N-NIGGERS
lmao stay fucked whiteboi

Attached: simp1.jpg (460x355, 28K)

Which is why you get used to it fast. I originally thought it was laughable when I started playing it myself. And over a decade after it came out.

Star Ocean being a title within a greater lore I feel hurts it more than is a benefit to it. I wish I could've erased the 2nd part of Star Ocean 3 from my mind and further titles after that. They talked about Greeton which they easily could've used as the ultimate antagonist in Star Ocean 3.

Sure lil nigglet. It wasn't me who got his ass blown up in the first place.

>the only other titles I could remotely say come close was another Final Fantasy game which was 9.
yall niggas betta start putting some respek on chrono cross name nigga

Attached: 1538150415982.gif (500x361, 772K)

Attached: ons.webm (720x480, 2.81M)

I didn't even know this option existed and I played it back when it launched.

>3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/warehouse/v1.0/publiccontent/2fec85c1-371e-4ceb-bf1a-39b31c4a2772

Yes but that's not a repudiation of my comment. Again, the CGI sequences and the pre rendered background set it apart from titles on the console, there was nothing like it in 1997.

Interestingly, if you don't attack, Seph will attack, and Cloud counters.

imagine being such a cuck you can't even talk about video games without being threatened by black people

How do you sink hours into an RPG and not think to check the options menu at any point?

thanks for the destruct materia. will be sure to use it on you during your safer sephiroth battle!

Attached: cloud destruct.webm (640x360, 423K)

probably the best looking game on ps1

Attached: 1549566517230.gif (500x236, 357K)

>Pierre
Stop renaming your characters.

Attached: ps7r0.webm (352x288, 1.16M)

last one with in-game models

Attached: 1548496626083.gif (500x375, 297K)

Hey nigger, your owner won't be happy that you are not working.
Go on, make your life shorter, I'll be sure to enjoy the best FF game and not even touch that nigger trash called FF7.

You didn't refute the FFXIchad anyway, because you know you can't. It's out of your depth to do.

You seriously expect me to out myself on an anonymous board, retard?

>he's still going

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Wtf why is this cutscene different? What version is this?

>And because of the stupid ATB system you can't even take your time to think of the best course of action before the enemy attacks again

wat

>I didn't even know this option existed and I played it back when it launched.

How the fuck do people not know that you can play ff7 as turn based at this point?

It's probably cutting floor content from the Japanese version that was cut out for the international version and someone modded it back in.

>it's in the past
>one sector is still fucked up
What did they mean by this?

NO TUCH BIRB!

That's good, they should've kept that.

>oh no people will know I use Yea Forums
Get fucked. You've got nothing to lose and nothing to share.

>story is good
>+22 years
>the exact same story is no longer good
What the fuck logic is this?

Cut content.

What part are you referring to? I see a single normal looking sector in the middle and the (still incomplete) one to the right

Attached: haeey.png (412x133, 76K)

Oh, trust me, I got plenty to lose lmao

I was literally 8

Jokes that were funny 70 years ago are not funny in this day and age.

A lot of us were literally 8 and we still checked the fucking options menu

Pretty sure the shinra theme did the same thing. Seems like a very minor thing to praise.

Because jokes have deteriorated in quality generally, yes.

I was literally 5
>lmao
lmao

Attached: ps1 hearts.png (1016x750, 612K)

I'm still right. Your opinion is shit.

Hey fucker. Enjoy them both. I'm the one earlier who said IX is the best OVERALL PS FF game, but 7 is like RIGHT fucking there man...it was the first I ever played and owns the majority of my nostalgia... Though Playing IX through again in '17 and perfecting it, which in my initial playthrough year's ago I didn't do. Only thing I never did in IX was...you guessed it.

Fuck going through all that jargon for Excalibur II! Yeah, 108 attack is great; Ragnarok has 87. The REAL REASON why there's NO reason for anyone other than a perfectionist+ to get it, is that it teaches ZERO new skills; Climhazzard can be learned from the original Excalibur weapon in the game trading Treno items. And Stock Break can be learned by the Ultima Sword bought from Daguerreo on DISC 4 ONLY. Psht...Minus Strike?! That can be learned relatively early in the game from the Iron Sword. The ONLY cool thing it slightly differs from the rest by is it's native "Element" which is Holy. What does that equal? NO BIG DEAL!

Serious though why didn't they give such a mighty weapon that...NOT HARD TO GET, more annoying...it's OWN signature attack? Weird.

I don't know. I didnt like chocobo hot and cold and I thought 9 was kinda lean on content compared to 7. There was never an ff that was so feature rich after 7. At least not a single player one.

Attached: pathetic.jpg (540x540, 155K)

ff6 is the patrician choice

>can hear the black from across the internet

>Not even the story is that good anymore.

it's more relevant than ever. kys faggot.

That's your mom getting fucked in the other room

*blocks your pat-

Attached: SICHI.png (320x512, 180K)

I don't think star ocean 2 is that fun to play. And the early game is a very generic slog. Still a good game, but to say it hasn't aged is a bit of a stretch.

At least I'm not deluded thinking this piece of shit looks good just because I played the game when I was 5.

Attached: 149-1494353_cloud-strife-field-ffvii-cloud-strife-in-game.jpg (300x561, 56K)

That's not my mom that's my sister!

Any retard that can tolerate her crazy ass is a godsent.

Do you think I became a hero?

Attached: 9k=.jpg (219x231, 10K)

FF9fags are way worse. I've never experienced a more fanatical group of hipsters than fans of that game.

Saved this from 2channel maybe in 2009 or so.

Attached: 11185264366772lv.gif (350x350, 101K)

Getting there and beating the first disc for the first time as a kid was an indescribable joy.

Why did he throw a random materia at him?

That's not how you use materia, ya silly!

6 and 9 fags are the objectively worst fanbases in FF threads

Your whole existence could he considered spam, another worthless NEET nigger

>it offers more than a lot of modern day JRPGS, and that's a fact.
It's true. That being said modern day JRPGS are glorified VNs with fancier graphics gameplay-wise, so it's not saying much.

>VI
WoR is a triumph in open world game design

Attached: fuckhugh.gif (480x368, 2.65M)

Jenova detects Sephiroth's will is taking over and she uses her last bit of control to give Cloud Destruct to use against Safer Sephiroth since he casts Wall every turn.

FF5 and (partially) FF3 did the overworld change thing before, so try again

Haha seems we both learned something! Yeah, if Cid doesn't stop the train, it'll wreck into North Corel and everyone who lives there hates you for the rest of the game. AND you don't get the Blue Huge Materia. The normal way of getting B.0 is going up into Nanakis grandfather's observation deck where the huge materia are kept after you get them all and they'll be floating there. You just go check out the Blue one and it gives you Bahamut ZERO. Wayyy back when, I messed the fucking order to press the buttons in and hadn't saved for quite awhile and was fuckkkkkked. And I just read on the Wikia that it's possible to not catch up to the first train Completely making you permanently lose both chances of ever getting either Bahamut or Ultima at all. From what I just read it seems that you didn't get one of the 4 available huge materia evidently. i
It says the only way it's still available at all in Bone Village is if you got all 3 of the other and have the first two Bahamut summons.

I learned something today.

That's a funny way to say worse than contemporary SaGa games at open world in every way.

Ay...Did y'all know Jenova SYNTHESIS was capable of attacking with Ultima?

It's funny! Cause...you know! She's so easy to beat and stuff..

I legit want to see how Tifa acts while working. I want to see the fake personality she uses to attract customers

Kill yourself zoomer cancer
Stick to your Shitnite

Any FF game that doesn't have Eyes on Me simply can't be the best FF game. It's that simple

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

How the fuck was it joy? Cloud gets mindraped again, then Aeris fucking dies

True
It's hard for me to say one is better than the other but I place 8 and 4 as my two favorite FF's of all time at number one spot
youtube.com/watch?v=ko3FwIgIVoc

It may be odd but my favorite tracks from 8 are...Waltz for the Moon; that'd be a beautiful tune to have played at your Wedding, and the quirky “Dance with the Balamb Fish”.

Is it just me or has the quality of posts gotten considerably worse throughout the past couple of days? Did Spring Break for kiddies start somewhere major?

ff8 is the biggest pile of shit squaresoft ever cut off.

>people who didn’t grow up with ff7

Feel bad for you guys. You will never be able to enjoy this masterpiece.

FF8 had a fucking amazing sound track.

Ff6 is based this game is overrated in every regard

IX also had THE BEST card game, hands down. Tetra Master was great! I actually felt like I accomplished something when I got a couple perfects against the ghosts of the "Card Masters" found in Memoria.

Honestly the only thing that holds up is the story and I doubt Nomura's remake will keep that intact because he couldn't write his way out of a paper bag.

Honestly, which FF HASN'T? Uematsu is a genius at his craft.

Honestly which Final Fantasy game DIDN'T have a gorgeous beyond words OST...Uematsu is a genius at his craft, that's for certain.

So you admit it's just nostalgia then?

You're lying if you don't think this wasn't the hypest shit.

Attached: giphy.gif (600x419, 1.82M)

Square's FMVs peaked at 8.

you might be right with that though, last time i played it was on the psp remake

>playing the switch version
>Screenshots and recording are disabled during THAT scene and the one afterwards and only those scenes

I didn't know developers could do that. especially for a game this old.also never saw yuffie break down at her death. hit me right in the feels

Attached: sad roxas.gif (500x250, 472K)

Truth

Attached: Tier ff.png (1526x1523, 2.55M)

>but it sounds too midi-like and artificial for current standards.

Hard fucking nope. Get out of here with that crap. youtube.com/watch?v=kLagOCvJAhY

Attached: marina what.jpg (500x385, 50K)

fun game

It's settled