Grim Dawn thread #2: electric boogaloo

Grim Dawn thread #2: electric boogaloo

post builds

Attached: grim dawn titty.jpg (946x532, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ekPUKMe6ZN8
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52366
grimtools.com/calc/8NKJKyJZ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXcIPtidbsw
grimtools.com/calc/M2gDOOgV
grimtools.com/calc/L2Jb5Pg2
grimtools.com/calc/p253B4mZ
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82771
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82734
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81210
grimtools.com/calc/eZPa3bdN
youtube.com/watch?v=ql9-82oV2JE
grimtools.com/calc/a2d5P58V
grimtools.com/calc/p253BXlZ
youtube.com/watch?v=dmRMv_-GB88
grimtools.com/calc/YZenzMdN
grimtools.com/calc/0V0qlrMZ
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82927
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Posting tits instead

Attached: 229.jpg (362x780, 168K)

I too enjoy path of exile fellow Yea Forumsirgins

MY ADVERTISERS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry advertisers, this is gaymer land :))

*ahem*

FUCK SHATTERED REALM RNG

I saw some whirlwind dude other day. Is this skill new? Any good?

Yeah, the new Mastery (Oathkeeper) has it.

>those women at the end of aom
I remember when ToME 3 had something like this and the dev ended up removing it because it made people upset. Kek.

Based and correctpilled

>Any good?
MAYBE ;)
youtube.com/watch?v=ekPUKMe6ZN8

Just got into Ultimate and my shield throw is starting to chug.. its already at like 22/16, is this skill really just shit?

Based Crate keeping the breeding sows and tiddycows.

Should I make an Eye of Reckoning Warlord or a Skellie Necro dude?

>GrimTools is up

Attached: bacon reads the funnies.jpg (680x510, 60K)

enemies in ultimate just have super inflated health pools. every build feels like it does shit damage until you get a bunch of good legendaries.

aegis needs gear support if you want to make it one of your main damage skills.
it's mostly that enemies in ultimate now have actual resistance against damage types. So you need to get as much -reduce enemy resistance as possible for your main damage to. Nothing to do with super inflated health pools like in borderlands

>oathkeeper completely batshit insane while in comparison my spellbreaker's health, damage and everything else is trash even with the strongest gear it can possibly use
all those alkamos runs I swear to fucking god

Attached: 1440624382303.jpg (1280x1024, 498K)

Anybody playing a vitality caster here? It's not just me who thinks those void leeches & skeleton giants have absolutely insane resists right? Kaisan's green gems also have 95% vit res while everything else is like 15% just what the fuck

!

Is shattered realms shit for reward gains or do I have bad luck?

I have some vit casters yes. I hope you took bat in bound it to RE or storm totem user

Ahem.
Fuck Korvaak.

I find it amazing that enough people used it to make the service provider unhappy and shut it down.

Only if you're at a high enough realm.
>SR75-SR76 > Crucible 150-170+

GT in an extremely useful source of information for the game it's no wonder everybody is using it. Literally never play the game without it up on the other screen
Can you suggest any good SR builds that aren't broken oathkeepers?

Speaking of, I'm surprised that Grimtools is a web-tool and not a downloadable tool, like Path of Exile's Path of Building.

some people spend more time in grimtools than playing the actual game user

So I don't know much about Grim Dawn but is there an "end game" like how Diablo 3 has rifts and PoE has maps?

Ye.

user....
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52366
>Offline/desktop version can be downloaded here (Version 1.7.1 / GD 1.1.1.0 Hotfix 1)

I want to do a ret damage build as warlord. How viable is it endgame?

How do you determine what skills to use when leveling? Doing a Warlord now and not sure what to use.

It's the most broken build in the game currently.

>I'm retarded
Thanks, user.

Give me some advice on improving my build Yea Forums
grimtools.com/calc/8NKJKyJZ
I feel like i'm starting to fall off in the later acts. Perhaps i just need better gear

>Warlord
For the first 40 or so levels, it's just going to be Forcewave if you wanna be efficient about it.

New player here, what should I combine necro with?
Was considering inquisitor for using guns with raising skeles, but I also heard soldier for death knight is pretty beginner friendly.
Or could I make a frost necromancer with a different class instead?

Good to know...

If you proceed with it, expect your build to be nerfed in the near future

What is it?

>Can you suggest any good SR builds that aren't broken oathkeepers?
I definitely cannot.

>Can you suggest any good SR builds that aren't broken oathkeepers?
uhhh, vindicator? youtube.com/watch?v=ZXcIPtidbsw

>Necro
Depends if you wanna be a Summoner or what.
>Summoner choices
Occultist.
Shaman.
Oathkeeper.
Soldier just for the defensive bonuses.
>Meleeshit
Soldier or Shaman.
>Gunstuff
Eh. Necro ain't that good for guns.
>Generic magic
Occultist.
Shaman.
Arcanist.
Soldier just for the defenses.

>switch chaos witch hunter to acid poison witch hunter
>have plenty of +%acid/poison damage items
>somehow I deal 1/3 of what I dealt before
>even the crappiest chaos items give me a huge boost
what the fuck is wrong with this damage calculation, it's too fucking hard

Attached: 1537346586177.jpg (1079x1014, 82K)

Post grimtools nigger how can we help you otherwise

>that retard sub-300hr shitter last thread saying nobody uses GrimTools

Can someone explain to me if the skills that require a previous skill to unlock only affect the previous skill?

The wording in this game is weird as fuck

Attached: Grim Dawn_2019_04_02_00_54_44_090.jpg (1920x1080, 2.02M)

was that you user? cause i'm the one that called him a retarded sub 300 hour shitter. Stop trying to impersonate me

I'll have fun with it while it last.

Likely go back to my main warder by then

That's correct.

Shattered realm, crucible, challenge dungeons, nemesis bosses, superbosses

Is War Cry good? im not sure how much damage -30 physical resistance would give me.

time will tell if it will be nerfed to uselessness or just nerfed into being top tier build instead of HOLY FUCK WHY IS THIS BUILD SO FUCKING RETARDEDLY OVERPOWERED it currently is

how do you guys know how many points to dump in a skill? i'm a brainlet and am not sure.

basically skills connected by branches only affect the one they spawn from. The one in your image basically converts vire's might damage to fire and adds knockdown if and only if you have a shield or a 2-handed

>The burning vengeance of Vire's might knock less resolute foes off their feet
The text makes it pretty clear user. It modifies its related skill.

resistance reduction is the most important thing in the game for dealing high damage in ultimate

>oathkeeper
Really? Why is that combo good? I can make summons that are on fire? Neato.

Ok so how the fuck does this work off an attack? It's not even a proc

Attached: Sw7h4Q9.png (1007x651, 470K)

There was a literal sub-300hr shitter yesterday or the day before acting like he knew the game well so I carried on like it was the same person, may as well have been

grimtools.com/calc/M2gDOOgV
this is the build I'm following
I'm only lvl 62 with two legendaries
everything else is pretty crappy but damage calculations just are really weird and I'm trying to figure them out
I was doing 7k per hit and I'm doing 2,9k now lmao

No that guy is retarded, oathkeeper summon scales off player stats not pet bonuses

Get off of veteran, that difficulty sucks the fun out and provides no extra loot

How important it is and diminishing returns

you again lmao
are you autistic by any chance

Have you tried reading Righteous Fervor?
The gimmick is that it has a series of buffs it grants you if you've used it recently and grants progressively stronger versions of those buffs, up to their listed value at 6 stacks.
That augment adds defensive buffs at the cost of making it expend more energy per-use.

no that's a different user, i'm the one who originally called you a sub 300 hours shitter. Cause that's what you are. Know your fucking place sub 300 hour shitter

do vitality necro/occultist
max drain essence and curse of frailty and everything pet related

The initial skill replaces your auto attack and gives you a stacking buff as you use it. That skill adds more buff to the buff. There are def some confusing bits about grim dawn but that is certainly not one of them.

Then you have this shit, what the fuck does this even mean, does it only affect the shield?

If it only affects the shield how the fuck can it increase fire and trauma damage?

Attached: GBsauYd.png (1080x696, 528K)

AND ARMOR

wtf shields don't give armor

the passive skill only works if you have a shield equipped. So if you take it and have no shield on you, you won't get any of the bonuses it gives

Are you D3 player by any chance.

god your post hurts to read

Literally every other skill that requires a shield says requires a shield, this one says this is a shield bonus

The wording in this game is fucked up

This game seems a bit complex for you, user. Maybe try diablo 3 if you want to try and ARPG.

>abloo bloo bloo
>i can't admit i'm a stupid retard who admits he's wrong and knows nothing about grim dawn game mechanics so i better just start insulting him instead waaaaahhhhh
Seriously, you're the most pathetic kind of poster on this board. lmao. Fuck off ;)

Hey good to know you also have no idea what the fuck it means

I need yours user, not the one you are following
It could be anything. Perhaps you are undergeared, perhaps you don't have enough resistance reduction, perhaps you like flat acid/poison damage (there is a point where something like +10 acid damage does more for you than +100% acid damage)

holy fuck

Attached: 1530173360543.jpg (874x960, 97K)

Its not that fuckin complex. If you are having trouble understanding basic skills then you are really going to struggle with the more indepth mechanics later like RR and it might be in your best interest to quit while youre ahead. The least you could do is stop blaming everything and everyone else for your own failings.

>perhaps you like
perhaps you lack*

yeah, I just switched a weapon with +% acid and poison that dealt base physical damage, with one that deals base acid, plus bonus to acid and poison
the damage went up a fucking lot

also I finally understood that stuff that gives me damage to cold, frostburn etc, even not having those damage types in my gear, some of my skills deal those type of damages
damn I'm dumb

thanks for the info user
I have two legendaries but the rest are greenies and yellows, forgive me please

As far as skills/devos go, how is this build? I havn't really fucked with OK at all yet so I'm still a bit iffy on what in their tree is worth it. Planning on sheild 1h.

grimtools.com/calc/L2Jb5Pg2

Attached: 2019-04-08 10_09_03-Grim Dawn Build Calculator.png (994x636, 456K)

grimtools.com/calc/p253B4mZ
Made slightly different devotion pathing, it gives you slightly more hp and dps, giant's blood for more survivabilty. With 3 leftover points you can get whatever you want, or ditch meteor shower from torch and get fissure form magi (i prefer that one if you want more damage) or ghoulish hunger for more survivability.

How is 1h ranged + shield now? I know it was pretty meh pre-FG but it seems like they've really tried to make it more viable. I'm looking at this and it seems pretty neat.

Attached: 2019-04-08 10_18_23-Grim Dawn Build Calculator.png (342x1058, 86K)

I can't see how you can balance it without heavily cutting your damage for the sake of having extra defense. Purifiers can work with literally anything but I'd imagine gun+shield would mostly be a hardcore thing

Thanks user, this one has definitely better survivability. though i never really fancied havestman's scythe due to it requiring 6 devotion points. Will give it a go. I do have some questions however

1. What about the skillpoint allocation? Anything i should ditch? Honestly didn't expect shieldbreaker to be this hungry for skill points
2. Why bind thermite mines to solael rather than fiend for the multiple torrents?

>I know it was pretty meh pre-FG
It wasn't though. It was really strong provided you built it right

Depends. Can Oathkeeper's Righteous Fervor be used with a gun?

No reason it couldnt be.

Then the answer is yes, 1H+shield works.
Description talks about building up energy with every STRIKE and you don't strike with a gun. Shrug.

I've tried starting GD like 5 times now. I get to like act 3 and completely drop the game. I just can't get over that bump before I lose interest, but I do want to get to end game. What should I do?

considering how normal difficulty requires zero resistances or good gear just rush that shit rather than wasting time on temporary gear upgrades

Just strike them with bullets. It'd be pretty shitty if cadence/savagry/FS could work with ranged but RF couldnt

>Savagery also uses the word Strike
Well, that settles that, then. Nice.

Still playing my first character which is a pet retaliation build because it’s a lot of fun to me. Wondering what fun combination would go with oathkeeper. Also how fast can you level through the rift things? I want to hit level 100 but can’t find the motivation. Any advice?

Necro is the best pet build, but doesn't really fit with OK very well. Prob Occ? They have pets and mesh with OK great if you're down for acid/poison dmg.

Is the whirlwind skill good?

This determines if I buy the expansion or not

Yes.

see

They never nerf a skill into being unusable so yes it's good and will always be good

wait what

Who in their right fucking mind thought that this was an okay mutator? Fucking 70% are you kidding me?

Attached: CANCER.png (468x179, 80K)

The end of last thread has me thinking about a new class based on chaos damage, since it's very clear it's lacking in class-based skills. How could it work without treading too much on Occultist?

just re-roll user

Demo has some chaos stuff, and there are items/sets that convert to chaos if you want to do soldier or some others.

Most fun subclass for oathkeeper? I want to sword and board

>sword and board
Then go Soldier.

Im playing eye of the reckoning shieldbreaker, so im not sure if shattering smash worth it. You dont have enough physical to fire conversion for it right now and you dont need physical resistence reduction from it. I feel like you went overkill on temper, searing light and celestal presense. I'd use some of those points for divine mandate, crit damage bonus is a huge dps boost. As for procs - you do you, i just like to keep resist reduction in one place so i can get it in 1 button press, and again, im playing eye of the recking vatiant so flame torrent procs like crazy from my main attack so depending on your attack speed it might be better or worse to swap these 2.

you could throw a few points into the demo fire toggled ability

i'll just get some other excellent combo such as 60% crit dmg increase paired with -% health to player. I normally avoid meta builds but it's gonna be hard if you want to farm SR efficiently

at that point you'd just be better off just farming dungeons or crucible. At least with crucible you have banners and blessings to help you out

Attached: 1526598076607.png (558x614, 24K)

anyone doing mods?
im playing with grimarillion and the mob density is fucking insane

It's pretty bullshit so far but I want to at least give it a shot. 150-170 is a joke in comparison to some of the RNG they throw at you here

Making my shield bashing all day everyday oathkeeper a shieldbreaker, yea or nay?

Sorry if I worded that poorly. I’m looking for any kind of fun oathkeeper build maybe a fire damage build. I’m pet classed out after having two lol

Inquisitor is a shit class

Change my mind

Attached: 1391021141528.png (329x377, 121K)

What shard are you even on? Cause even my ret warlord occasionally dies when doing 75-76 runs if i'm careless. I've gone to 86 on her after i decided to call it quits after getting fucked in the ass 4 times on the boss stage by kaisan and his bullshit shard summons

inquisitor has flames of ignaffar, word of pain -resistance, the crit passive is great with doom bolt, and the seal and healing active for health

Firestrike purifier is pretty damn strong.

As are vindicators
As are Tactician
As are Infiltrators

Isn't warlord one of the toughest builds you can make right now? Currently going through shards 50+, I'm screwing around with my soulrend spellbreaker and yeah I know they're paper thin but it managed to roll through mogdrogen & ravager so I thought SR can't possibly that bad haha I was wrong

Yeah stoneguard ret warlord is one of the strongest builds atm. That just goes to show that you can still be fucked in the ass if you don't pay attention. even when just doing 75-76 runs. I can do 150-170 crucible with extra spawns without blessings or banners with no sweat in under 8mins. Higher shards are fucking brutal. I'm pretty sure i could press 90+ on the character

inquisitor makes any mastery viable

Yea i was thinking about the shield passive attacks not doing much, and I already have enough AoE. will change that as soon as I get to the coven.
I have to say the survivability change with this new devotion layout is greater than i had anticipated. it sacrifices a little dps but now i don't have to fall back and kite every so often because blast shield popped so i actually kill stuff better now

One of the most satisfying leveling skills for sure with Word of Pain.
Exclusives are kinda shit, but can be supplemented with those from other classes.

It's not the strongest but it goes pretty well with just about any other class.

On veteran enemies have higher level. they WILL provide better loot, though not by much.
In any case, non-veteran normal is a borefest
Also
>caring for loot drops pre-ultimate
nigga just rush the first 2 difficulties

Does Nightblade actually pair well with anything besides Soldier?

>Exclusives are kinda shit
ahah holy shit no. Aura of censure is one if not the best exclusive in the game.

I'm getting a lot of game crashes tonight
anyone having these as well?

It's usually squshy as all fuck. Works with literally any mastery but you're gonna need to find some way to get health if you're not running soldier

Yes.

>need to drop 66 points into the class for just one skill
The cons out weigh the pros, it's garbage

fucking how?

Hahaha holy another sub 300 hour shitter. Learn to build before responding with this stupid fucking statements you fucking retard. Lmao. Anyone thinking this person has any knowledge on the game, don't listen. He doesn't know shit about anything if he says censure is garbage.

The funny part:
>That's not actually me
I was mulling over your statement and looking at numbers.
You're right, it's not that bad and I'm retarded.

>word of renewal for hp, DA, resists & damage boost
>place seal down to annihilate all incoming DoT damage, boost your own damage & crit damage while damaging the enemy
>aura of censure shreds elemental res like no other, reduces target damage, deals damage and disrupts their skills
haha no clue who the heck would even use this junk?

why do you apologize to that autistic cringelord? geez user

The ones i have tried
>Arcanist + Nightblade has xboxhueg levels of cold damage
>Occultist + Nightblade is debufflord extraordinaire. Lots of OA and resistance shred

I am inclined to try NB+Oathkeeper for dual-wield whirlwind now

these few skills make inquisitor extremely good for support. Add death sentence for -%rr res to pierce/aether/chaos and Biting cold if you need DA shred. Not to mention word of pain, and storm box are top tier for proccing devotions.
Don't forget word of renewal has %xx less damage from eldritch and chthonics and also %xx damage to them in addition to secondary resists

Attached: 2019-04-08_04-34-47-631.jpg (999x643, 399K)

Because I was wrong?
Why would I not side on the path of rationality?
This isn't some "I'm right, you're wrong!" children's fight.

With Oathkeeper, can I finally play a paladin-esqu class with that and warden? I want to be an unstoppable wrecking ball and bash shit in the head with a shield. Is it possible if I do this?

Attached: 1488072236791.jpg (581x494, 42K)

>theory crafter can't read
Dropping 62 points into a class for a SINGLE skill at the very end, is a completely retarded idea.

I meant soldier, not warden. I'm retarded

I know, but that's some shitposter that is just calling everyone a retard
better not give him more attention

It's an extremely strong setup and if built right, so nutbustingly broken that you are borderline unstoppable.

Why would you pick a second mastery for the sole purpose of raising only one node in the entire tree?

Attached: 1463079605457.png (963x720, 602K)

>I'm retarded
yes you are. Since it's called a wardeR and not a warden. Warden is the title of the final boss of act 1. I don't know why people always call a warder a warden. $mh

It's a skill that buffs your shield for attacks that use your shield

My point exactly.

Well, I just bought the latest DLC.
Gonna probably roll a new char.
What should I play?

The skill he's referring to is extremely good but I'm not sure I understand this argument. You climb up the tree grabbing all of the other valuable abilities it brings to the table and get rewarded with the powerful exclusive at the end.

tips for sustaining mana at the start (normal)?

DK all day every day

Ectoplasm socketed into rings

>post build
i have skeletons, a fat guy, a bird, and a poison bomb i occasionally throw at things

i just beat the warden

Nice.

Nice autism

Attached: 1554589998150.jpg (388x471, 44K)

>Want to play OK+Soldier for captain-america-esque shield bashing
>feel like i will be just handicapping myself by not just going retaliation

>frogposter
rather have autism than be a frogposter. Also learn the fucking name of the classes if you don't want to get outed as a fucking retard. Faggot ;)

>Samefagging yourself this hard

People THINK it's powerful, but it's actually not.

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82771
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82734
You should be fine

Rather be a frogposter than have autism
>Also learn the fucking name of the classes if you don't want to get outed as a fucking retard. Faggot ;)
You must be fun at parties PFFT HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1552306002786.jpg (471x388, 94K)

>retard can't even spot the difference between a samefag and the same of his kind.
Color me surprised. Then again grim dawn threads have always had retards coming in thinking they know anything about the game and trying to tell people stuff that is completely wrong. If you don't have any concrete knowledge of the game, shut the fuck up and stop spreading misinformation. Easy as that. Now fuck off off-topic retarded faggot

>keeps giving the kid attention
stop bro

Well shit user give me the hot details what do you consider to be far stronger for an elemental build that offers as much resist reduction

Attached: Ok.jpg (170x213, 11K)

Just bumping my post.
No rush though. My download speed decided to completely fucking gutter to sub 200 KB/s.

I know one thing about grim dawn...you pick up metal objects and beat up monsters till they die!

There's a million different builds and mastery combos to work with dude how are we supposed to know what you wanna play. Pet builds? Casters? Ranged or melee?

You should play whatever class you find interesting and potentially fun and suits your playstyle

>tfw no /gdg/ - grim dawn general #1

Attached: 1548452770036.gif (500x248, 1.94M)

Oath + Soldier it is.

/vg/ generals tend to stagnate due to running 24/7 and people would just lose interest much more quickly rather than having a Yea Forums thread pop up sporadically here and there

>pick skill to reduce enemy resistances
>but have to be close for it to even work
>meaning it's only good on melees
>and melees need survival more than damage
>this skill offers zero survival
>you spent 62 points on this
>50 you can never have back
I can understand putting the points towards Word of Renewal, but not AoC.

Is there any way to blast through the Ashes content as fast as possible or ideally skip it entirely?
This place makes the game feel like a drag.

What he said.
Even the absolute slowest of /vg/ generals have something to post on a regular basis.
But without constant updates like PoE or D3, Grim Dawn can't hold a general for long.

And on top of that, many Yea Forums goers won't go to /vg/ just out of principle, if not for other reasons.

Primal Strike is what convinced me to buy this game but I've never finished a character with it.
Time to do something retarded like skip straight to ultimate and waste a few hours before dropping yet another shaman.

Am I being baited or something? This is what any inquisitor build will likely use. Your ranged build is gonna decide to stop at word of renewal and not climb towards seal and the massive crit/damage buffs it gives? And what is this "62 points" bullshit? Pic related you're 10 points away from reaching a massive RR & enemy damage shred on top of the stats the actual mastery bar is giving you. Holy shit I am being baited why did I write this out

Attached: gd-calc_2019-04-07_23-11-11.png (1024x671, 527K)

>you spent 62 points on this
Thats wrong. You spent 12 points on it. Nobody picks a mastery for a single skill. And there are plenty of good skills that will make you spend those 50 points anyway.

Is there anything I should go out of my way for in normal? Should I try to get all the shrines for devotion points?

>responding out of rage
>they don't know their replies are contradicted by the post they replied to

not him but devotion points are super useful.
That's probably the only thing I'd do in normal

Yeah devotion points are a huge deal try to nab them early on to have an easier time later. Pick a single skill and max that fucker out and try to get gear that compliments it damage-wise if not then resists are fine too. Also take note of the faction rep you're raising because later on augments are gonna save you a lot of frustration in ultimate & elite where resists matter

You're right next time around I'll just call the guy a retard and move on with life there's no reason to argue over this nonsense

yes but be sure to call him a 300 hour shitter too.
we all know if you don't have at least 2k hours in this you're shit and don't know nothing

Anyone got a suggestion for a pet cabalist build?

Like what devotion do I get?
And what mastery do I rush?

Also what's a fun class to pair w/ nightblade?

I'm not that guy I dont care how much you've played but saying that you're putting in 60+ points into a tree for a single skill should've clued me in that the guy is baiting for (You)'s

>if I don't like it then it's wrong and the person is stupid

WHAT DO I PAIR WITH SHAMAN
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>caster off-hand for two shield classes
What's the point of this?

Attached: 20190407232250_1.jpg (1600x900, 445K)

>start as an Oathkeeper
>I'm level 44 and have put like 6 points in my other mastery
they really wanted people to play the new mastery huh

can you dual wield shields?

What do you want to do?

DESTROY EVERYTHING WITH LIGHTNING AND TWO HANDERS

no. You can make it so you look like you can dual wield them but you can't actually dual wield 2 shields

no

post fashion
this is my sorcerer

Attached: sorcerer.jpg (845x651, 242K)

>he doesn't play Pistol+offhand warlord exclusively
hell might try that right now

They can be built to work as casters just like any other mastery

>Aura of censure is bad mmkay
I'M SORRY ME AND MY GUARDIAN BUDS CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF C'THONIANS AND AETHERIALS SCREAMING IN AGONY AS THEY BURN IN THE SACRED FIRE OF EMPYRION JUST BY BEING IN OUR PRESENCE. COULD YOU SPEAK A LITTLE LOUDER?!

FUCK inquisitors

Attached: pepe24.jpg (499x499, 26K)

Not really.

Here's my witch god :)

Attached: 2019-03-28_22-38-20-726 (Grim Dawn).jpg (219x298, 48K)

>went full pet damage % build
>can't clear final boss of Ancient Grove on Elite due to low HP and can't survive the flames
>can't clear The Ancient Watcher boss on Elite (was hard on normal, took 3 attempts) in the Bog because of same reason
>managed to clear the other skeleton key dungeons on Elite bar final boss of Harbour due to final boss being three bosses and it killed me
I dunno what to do. Petmancer is for for killing trash but it's useless against bosses if environmental stuff comes into play. Ah well. I'm playing through on Ultimate and will just put up with the fact I won't do many of the bosses.

Shit didn't mean to quote you.

It has +attack speed and cdr and fire/phys damage so I'm assuming soldier+demo or OK+demo could work perfectly well as pistol/offhand or just straight up caster using canister bombs/grenado so yeah really

soldier or demo. Inquisitor if you are also including 2-handed ranged weapons. Oathkeeper can work too but requires you to get fire to lightning conversion

>soldier+demo or OK+demo
Neither of those are casters.

it's okay user thanks for the (You)

Attached: 1337653151391.png (401x400, 35K)

What do you classify BWC, grenado, canister, stun jacks and mortar as?

>demo with shaman for 2 hander melee lightning focus
Fucking why? That sounds retarded.

Tools or equipment. They definitely aren't magic.

Become Warden, smack things with 2H. Closest I could get to a Retadin.

based pedant

in this game, BWC, grenado, canister and stun jacks are all considered caster skills and are affected by cast speed. Stop being retarded anytime

wow this made me think

Shit like Forcewave also scales off cast speed but you'd have to be retarded to call it magic. Same thing with molotovs and grenades. They aren't magic, and thus aren't casters. Fact.

just beat all the expansions on Ultimate. what do I do now? i hate Crucible.

Can you read? In this game. Grim dawn. The game we are discussing. They are considered casters. Stop being autistic anytime. Fucking retard.

I tried out a pet build too, user.
What did you pick? I went Necro + Occult

I quit during the swamp in the beginning of malmouth.

jesus christ user stop

Do it hardcore

The mechanical aspects are irrelevant. Grenades and shit aren't magic. I'm not a wizard if I chuck a molotov at your stupid ass.

>I'm not a wizard
Sucks for you normie OH HO HO HO HU HU HU!

Attached: 1553810323936.png (256x192, 3K)

okay, this is cringe

Try to get to shard 100 in shattered realms

Yup me too. x8 Skeletons, x1 Doggo, x1 Big Bloated Guy, x1 Familar(Raven), x1 Relic Skeleton Thing (forgot its name), x1 Offhand Pet and when I cast Wraith I get another doggo for a few seconds. I forgot where I am at but I think self-buffed I'm around 1000% damage. As long as I don't get hit, I have no issue. I managed to get a single Mythical Beastcallers Chest piece but it doesn't combine with the crafted regular Beastcallers head piece, but I still keep the latter due to +150% pet damage skill buff. Fully buffed, using everything I have (pots, x2 skill procs, skills etc) I have around 1500% pet damage. I think the highest I can get is 1700% but that is for like one second.

>scales off of cast speed
>scales off of cooldown reduction
>affected by stats listed under the "Magic" section
>game considers them to be spells in every way, shape and form
>but user says they're not spells
this is too high IQ for me I'm tapping out

Attached: wew.png (248x82, 41K)

>IT DON'T FEEL LIKE MAGIC
Okay, then go out and carry around an infinite number of molotovs in your pants. Go on, I'll wait.

What the game considers isn't important because it's completely arbitrary.
Do you think real grenades are magic too? Pull the pin and go boom spell? Get an education kid.

Which faction should I choose for Oathkeeper/Soldier? I like throwing shields.

>guns and crossbows are now considered "magic" in GD because you have infinite ammo
Bro...

>Guns can't be magic
Go read or watch the Saga of Tanya the Evil.

Kymon's Chosen

>Get an education kid.
I have a masters degree of wizardry from Hogwarts and I'm qualified to say that the demo's infinite supply of explosive bottles is, in fact magic.

They can be but they aren't in this game. Hitting the ground really hard isn't magic either.

>stationary enemy in the distance being a cunt
>slap down a Torzan's Sky Shard to end it's pathetic life
>all three shards miss

Attached: 1548149938334.png (587x520, 38K)

lob another round on me u little shit and see wht happens

Attached: 20190407235928_1.jpg (600x786, 165K)

>get several crashes
>can't play more than 5-10mins without a crash
>see crash log
>don't understand a thing
I'm gonna kys myself

Attached: 1520992028959.jpg (1014x1024, 60K)

I'm playing a NB+necro for 2h cold dmg, its pretty good.

>Use sky shard on huge pack of enemies
>Blizzard doesn't proc once

>Use it on a single trash mob
>It procs

Bone Harvest spam?

Grim Calc .. please.

Attached: Screenshot_20190408-070107_Chrome~01.jpg (1080x660, 54K)

Just download it from the other place.
Also,
>jsut

Yeah. Bone harvest and shadowstrike as main damage, with veil for the RR and ABB for LA.

Neat. I was wondering how I might make Bone Harvest not shit and that does sound neat.

It's not a top tier build, like prob not gonna kill ravager or set crucible records, but it's pretty fast paced, has a lot of RR and I enjoy it.

I was rolling with a conduit converting SS damage to aether on my reaper. Was pretty neat but a bit too much button mashing to keep up both lethal assault, bone harvest buffs and ring of steel fumbles

Yeah, the only real issue I see is no basic attack replacement, so you can't use say, Reaping Strike or Necrotic Edge.
Can't even consider NB's dual wield path.

Oathkeeper + Inquisitor = Templar
Doing a run through on one now and pretty much all I do is drop seal on the ground and the fire rune ability from inq and everything just explodes. Really the only issue I've come up against is dealing with ranged shit since I don't really have any tools for it at the moment, but otherwise you're just a big beefy tank standing in the middle of righteous fire.

And for people more knowledgeable, if you pick up Safeguard does that apply the bonus damage if you're using a ranged weapon along with the shield?

>not being JSUTED
user...

>he doesn't play in colorblind mode

Attached: 20190408002019_1.jpg (1600x900, 285K)

gonna get high and try this later
if only i knew someone who could sell me anything i could actually get high on

How do I fix the random freezing in this game?

thanks doctor

Oh jesus I opened this and my fucking eyes

Thank you doctor

Attached: 20190408002655_1.jpg (1920x1080, 762K)

How do you get all that extra info on the side and above mobs?

Grim Internals. You'll find it in the forums

Why not? Demo grants a lot of useful stuff for that build. DA shred, Resistance reduction, a circuit breaker and OA needed for ultos proc. Granted he will probably need damage conversion. Either physical to fire or fire to lightning/physical

What's the best class to pair with Oathkeeper if I want to eye of reckoning spin2win but I have basically no gear farmed for 80-100 endgame.

>playing the game for the first time
>following a build guide
>level 53
>go on forum to check the guide for something
>guide deleted
>guide creator deleted all his shit because someone on forum made a hate thread on him

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81210

Explain how can a molotov deal "chaos damage" if it is not magic

It's also the worst combination for a savagery/primal strike build. Better options are Inquisitor, Soldier, Conjurer, Arcanist. Then lastly a demo.
t. have a primal strike build with each of those masteries.

That said, demo received some changes to thermite mines so it might be a bit better now.

You the same person who said this exact same thing in the previous thread?

Nope

No because I posted that on the other thread and that's not me

obvious and pathetic samefag

i know it's you malawiglenn trying to attention whore more. BEGONE

Attached: Ye9V5qZ.png?1.png (1901x895, 85K)

>shattered realm
>get shit mutators
>die on shard 45
>get good mutators
>blasting through shard 60 with eyes closed
this place is a mess

Attached: 1525806071876.png (446x447, 190K)

t. malawiglenn

t: mad 300 hour shitter

>tfw your inventory is full
>tfw you can't carry anymore
>tfw that skill's not ready

Attached: 1388693525575.jpg (465x472, 144K)

>can't even banter correctly
t. malawiglenn

I'm not entirely sure if they considered how adding crucible's mutators into base game would cause some wild RNG rides. Some combinations make it easier for the player and same are just a big "fuck you"

t. sub 500 hour shitter

lad give it a rest just look at other vindicator builds you'll figure your way out through the game

The fuck is that?

Attached: 20190407022348_1.jpg (1600x900, 478K)

I'm not user. Are you retarded? I have like 5 vindicators that can all farm crucible 150-170. Why don't you stop throwing bitch fits and deleting entire guides cause someone doesn't like you on the forums malawiglenn? Fucking baby ;)

a fur-lined cap

Solid Solider build is OP as fuck. I'm level 26 killing level 36's. It's dumb lol

Magic.

I believe you user. Now deep breaths and settle down. You can play the game without guides I'm confident you can do it.

literally any fucking mastery at level 26 can kill trash mods 10 levels higher than them on normal/veteran.

>"Hello do you have a moment? I would like to talk to you today about our lord and savior Dreeg."

Just bought this. Gonna go hardcore for first playthrough. Any special items/abilities that are specifically good for HC?

Just re-up the guide mala and stop being such a baby :(

hang in there pardner

>hardcore
No one plays tediumcore.

>add goat piss to my molotov
>satania is pleased with how devilish the cocktail is now and blesses it with chaos damage

Give this filthy pirate a download link for the GoG version.

Attached: IMG_20190327_114007.jpg (910x823, 113K)

>Look, there was so many complaints about this forum not having enough beginner friendly guides and content. Then someone made some kind of hate thread about me that was not deleted directly.

>I am doing this to partially to see how many will be missing my guides and if it is worth the freaking time to updating the old ones and making new ones. And I am also doing this to show that the forum do have plenty of good beginner friendly content and that I am not someone you fuck around with.

hahaha holy shit this fucking guy. And he's supposed to be a fucking teacher too?

>tfw you're given a good price on what's left

This should be obvious, but Health and damage mitigation > damage.
You're not going to kill the toughest content unless you're fucking insane.
If you want a lot of defenses, start Soldier and get Necromancer (assuming you have Ashes of Malmouth DLC) as your second class. Soldier gives you the most health out of any class and a ton of strong defensive boosts. Necromancer offers some good key abilities such as Spectral Binding and Mark of Torment, which grant you extra Health and mitigate a lot of damage, respectively.

Eat several hundred dicks.
This is one of those games that is so good, people don't want to pirate it.

>tfw you have a look at their wares

holy shit the autistic shitposting retard is the guy who deleted the guide? fucking lol

Speak for yourself loser.

>tfw he'll see me around

Attached: 1442337337635.jpg (351x325, 27K)

>being so braindead you can't even pirate a game
thanks for the laugh

nah, we are just having some friendly banter. Thread was kinda slow so we just shitposted some. It's all good

Occultist/Necro poop master is pretty fun.

grimtools.com/calc/eZPa3bdN

Attached: Nurgle.png (1367x1088, 1.45M)

What is the general consensus on the shattered realm?

>being okay with dying

i don't even know what its like to roll a normal character anymore in any of these games

>poop master
Where are ye trousers?

>started game last night
>dualgun demolition
>get to elite difficulty
>bored of autoattacking everypack and triggering procs that just do extra damage
send help

RNG: The realm
It's fine though, since penalty if you die is non existent so you can just throw yourself at it until you die or crash. Wouldn't recommend taking a hc char there outside for the first 25 levels for the skill/attribute points though

I'm too lazy to actually setup optimal gear sets in Grim Tools.

I'll believe you for now

Attached: 1531443244816.png (453x477, 164K)

>tfw I have something to stash

add in some nades and mortars and shit then?

I finished the game with two more friends with that build
it's pretty strong but holy shit it's fucking boring

user, there's an upload character from file function in grimtools

A rollercoaster shitstorm ranging between calm stroll through a field of flowers and a raging inferno of nemesis bosses remodelling your ass in some cramped corner of the arena

Attached: 1489118800678.jpg (681x681, 75K)

>tfw you have turmoil within you

I know I don't actually have the soiled trousers yet though. I'm only level 30.

i feel you brother, playing spellbreaker these days feels so bad

why the fuck are there so many quests in this game where you have to confront some jackass over allegedly committing a crime but have no proof about what happened and can't get any?

>this guy shot me over a business deal
>no he's lying he tried to rape my daughter
>the guy's daughter isn't even there but then you find out he was right an act later and he acts smug as fuck about it

>tediumcore
what a brainlet

Is full lightningdmg ultos warder with primalstrike or savagery viable?

i just dont know what to play but 2handed with elemental shit is what i want probably.

Attached: 1551292378.jpg (531x558, 77K)

You're not omniscient, in life you have to make choices with the information you have.

>ughhh decisions are haaaard if I don't have 100% of the information available to make an informed decision groaaaannnnn

You'll understand when you reach Act II why playing with tediumcore is a bad idea.

Aether splotches on the ground deal a set chunk of your health regardless of your resistances and maximum health, they kill me at least once per playthrough.

i do, its still boring desu.

>available evidence actively contradicts the correct answer

shits happens son

I've finished the game ultimate hardcore so yeah I don't see how it's a bad idea.

>spoiler
literally anyone with a brain knew that, just don't stand on them bruh :^)

So just fucking avoid standing in them? I mean come on user, you should have learned that the first time around lol

yea just like don't do that, auto attack builds are painfully boring

You know you don't have to do the Conflagration when you first find it.

you fellas got a real knack for this comedy thing you're gonna go far

>item skills have better animations than actual skills

why is this allowed? i just got a hammer that spews flame all around you, regular skills look like shit in comparison.

Attached: 1508950256687.png (483x470, 184K)

here's our theme song :)
youtube.com/watch?v=ql9-82oV2JE

Anyone tried being friendly with Kymon before finishing the DLC? What happens?

Also the 3 heads of the factions in Forgotten Gods are not-so-secretly the witch god themselves right?

Is going single class going to mess me up in ultimate? Currently playing a Demo shotgunner at level 66 and I can still handle most of the content aside from stuff that I have low resists (poison, bleeding)

>Made a spellbinder DE build
>Get lvl 80
>Expansion release, there's a cold DE set
>Make a new apostate DE build
>Kinda wanna start a new character but I gotta get those xp potions first

Why do I hate myself holy shit
Any recommendation for a melee build? To spices things up.
Also is Leviathan devotion worth it?

Yeah and Crate Entertainment are adding a new Plumber class next week in preparation for the switch port of Grim Dawn.

Doing it later on doesn't reduce it's damage.
>pretending it's only in the Conflagration

>pure demo
how are you alive with no healing

Yes, you meet a group of Kymon's followers that abandonned Father Kymon because he's batshit insane and you can rift them back to sorrow's bastion so that they can try to convince the rest that Kymon is bullshit.

Yes

>Also is Leviathan devotion worth it?
eeeehhh i think it's a bit too costly for what it offers

Not him but Flashbang baby

I took most of those devotions that procs heal when hit + that life steal one on hit. Also potions.

i really like the whirlpools from it but if you need to go out of your way to get it, it's not really worth it

>Doing it later on doesn't reduce it's damage
Yes, and? It's the first area that outright requires you to swim in Aetherfire to explore it. Krieg's place, a bit of Cronley's hideout, and the parts in the Underground can all be avoided, but Conflagration, you can't avoid it and a quest sends you right out into the heart of it. Sure not a mandatory quest, but we're talking relative to a new player's perspective, who will want to do all the Quests.
Alternatively, you can also use Potions aggressively and then chill in the open spaces. Unless you are trying to do the run to that one gate with a mile of Aetherfire down in the underground in A3 (which you won't unless you're retarded that early on), potions are usually enough.

if im playing pet cabalist do I go beeline 50 necro or 50 occult first?

grimtools.com/calc/a2d5P58V

What would you change?

>save little girl
>she wasn't a little girl

HELP

Attached: 1549971314395.gif (512x288, 1.08M)

Go occult and make beeline for some actual spells, do NOT go pure pet, you will get FUCKED.

No. You need to actually have some pets while leveling.
Start Necro and cap Skeletons. Your team comp isn't too important early on, but do try to get a Death Knight or 2 in your party early-on.
Then get Birb when you get Occultist. Grab Mend Flesh whenever so it can keep your party going without having to resummon your Skellies.
If you're feeling squishy, 1 or 2 points in Spectral Binding can help.
Alternatively if you don't mind having to transition your build later, but less rocky sections in higher difficulties, this.
Come on user. What would a little girl be doing in a SEALED TOMB?

>little girl stuck in cave for days all on her own tricks user into freeing her with rock cds

Still very early on, playing occultist. Liking the dot and debuff aspect, what goes well with that? Find pets super boring, so probably not shaman. Maybe necro?

Shaman only has one pet.

I think it could be a cap with a fur lining

grimtools.com/calc/p253BXlZ
nothing that significant. But that's what i would do. I only have tried a 2h physical forcewave witchblade and tactician though.

Right.
Also, is there a good noob guide? Reading up on builds and everyone in the forums are talking fluent grim Dawn acronyms, doesn't make any goddamned sense.

Belt is kind of a sidegrade, so I can see that working, but why Bone Harvest?

>Righteous Fervor isn't a basic attack replacer
Oh.

Yeah it is.

No wait.
I'm retarded.
I think.

Thank you.

im making a necro/shaman vit caster this will probably work

It's guaranteed to work. Ravenous Earth is like one of the most powerful spells in the game, and there are like 2 end game sets that suport it.

I need a funbuild that isn't autoattack for a newguy

Occultist Dreeg's Evil Eye spam.

Look at the belt again. Specifically the 100% vitality converted to physical. Then look at the soul harvest buff. You're using 2 pieces of octavius set and both chest and helm converts some elemental to physical. And soul harvest also has cold flat on it. Not sure how much of a difference the damage will be despite having 14.4k-23k damage in grimtools compared to your original 11.2k-19.6k. And almost 30k with all procs active

What qualifies as a basic attack replacement anyway?
>Cadence
>Fire Strike
>Savagery
>Righteous Fervor
>A couple item abilities
>?

>I think.
you think, i know ;)

Still dunno what build I wanna play.

So I've never played Grim Dawn just D3 and PoE how does it compare to those two? If so what build is good for beginners?

Cadence Soldier+Whatever

It's the slowest of the three and nowhere near as flashy early-on.
But it's also good in its own way.
Soldier/whatever is a good starting class because Soldier is just very strong.

I think you're looking at it wrong.

When you convert X to Y, then "+Z% to Y damage" is the stat that increases it, not "+Z% to X damage". So the Vit damage buff on Bone Harvest wouldn't give me any damage. Conversion is the absolute first thing that happens in damage calculation.

I might get this game next sale, is there a fun summoner class?

>telling him the easiest way to get bored and turned off from the game
shameful user

hell yeah there is, there are multiple summoner classes actually

It is the most basic bitch beginner build one could do.

I'll look into it, third user what would you suggest then? Also heard that grim dawn has some more attention to story than the others, is that true?

>story
Yes. But additionally, most of the story is in pieces of paper you find and have to manually read and less told to you by rocks or a storyteller like in PoE and D3 respectively.

Fuck yeah

um, no user. soul harvest is a temporary buff just like lethal assualt. That buff grants you the flat damage listed on the skill. That flat damage gets converted to physical damage. 100% of that vitality gets converted to physical and the some of the cold damage also gets converted (not all) to physical from octavius pieces.
z% damage has absolutely no place when converting damage. Not sure where you got that from

what casters use cold damage?

Yes, but it's also the most boring fucking build to start with

Ah, my mistake, I was looking at the +vit damage on the buff.

>when you get -15% health mutator but the monsters get -60% health mutator as a tradeoff
>watching your health bounce between 100% and triple digits every nanosecond
>but had to take the run because they aren't packing a million health+resist buffs like usual
haha send help

Attached: 20190408021541_1.jpg (1920x1080, 568K)

Ugh jeez then Savagery Shaman or something.

The absolute fucking mad-lad.

You can check the 'weapon attack' numbers in the second tab and hover over it if you have any doubt. Swap the belt back to oleron and you'll suddenly see the vit damage.
The downside though is that you'll have to cast bone harvest every 5 seconds for the buff. But i think it'll could be worth it for the additional damage it provides. Besides you should already have super high cast speed.

That all said, physical 2h forcewave are the slower killers of the 2h forcewave builds. Especially compared to the elemental ones

arcanist nightblade inquisitor

Nah i'd say go primal strike, people always find lighting bolts from the sky and clearing rooms pretty fun. It's also just left click to victory, with the option of throwing totems out every now and then. But it's still much more fun than fucking cadence

>haven't played Grim Dawn in a LONG time
>boot it up after buying the new expansion
>make an Oathkeeper/Soldier because I wanted to play a Paladin and the actual Paladin combo, Oathkeeper/Inquisitor is awful and doesn't make sense (oathkeeper is sword+shield and inquisitor is for ranged characters)
>oh shit this is pretty good, can just spin to win

>next character is a Nightblade/Soldier
>does about twice as much damage but takes a bit more (doesn't matter because Nightblade has the most OP heal in the game with a 5 second cooldown)

Blademaster > Warlord

>decide to respec my demo/occult build
>original had the eye, pets, and fire strike
>respec into blood of dreege, fire strike, witchfire, flame touched, and some of the upgrade paths
>Suddenly doing 2k dps at lvl 39 when my old build would only do 2k with a super slow eye and maybe 200 dmg per shot.

I happy that i respeced now..

Well, you aren't entirely wrong.
But there's something you forgot about.
Retaliation damage is overpowered.

how do i make grim internals works with pirated (steam) version?

Can I do Nightblade + Demo?

What's a good pair w/ Nightblade that likes to dual wield?

well i mean spin2win warborn/beronath warlord > blademasters too. and they aren't exactly overpowered, just strong and mobile

>Can
Yes.
>Good idea
No.
Soldier is a good generic combo piece.

Angrim buddy old pal lets be generous today on the stoneplate greaves okay? p-please

Attached: oh no.png (85x75, 19K)

>bored of gun autoattack demolition
>make a gun autoattack shaman
which devotion/constellations have procs that fill the screen with lightning damage

nobody?
another component auto pickup tool hp bars?

>mfw soldier + Oathbreaker

Attached: 1529932137996.jpg (237x237, 48K)

google cs rin ru grim dawn and look through the last bunch of pages

>no
>They don't know that you can dual-wield shields

>lets make a game bois...
>okay the world is gonna be named.... okay think of cool videogamey places..... okay remember diablo.... cain.... LMAO CAIRN
epic game bro

What are some caster builds that are actually fucking good in this game?

The only "Shield" you can dual wield is this fucking thing last I checked.

Attached: Untitled.png (1080x153, 44K)

technically it's a mace though. just looks like a shield fám

>he isn't an Oathkeeper+Soldier
>he has less than 20k health
>he isn't completely impervious to all damage

oh no no no

Started playing frostburn Inq+NB, and cant decide what aura is better in a long run. Conviction gives nice fat % and reduce in burning time, but -30% resist on Censure sounds bonkers when mobs start to have resists.
Scrolled thread for a bit and sounds like Censure is definite choice, is it right?

Ok just dropping in to tell you about our lord and savior the virtue set and the great shield bonk.

go SR90+ and attempt to facetank kaisan/grava/anasteria see how impervious to damage you are. Or Callagadra who also can dish out some nasty damage

>he doesn't know

nightblades were real hit and run types, preddy fun but occasionally it's like SPLAT
their heal is good. i like my pyromaniac's blood of dreeg since it lets me skimp so much on bothering to get poison/acid resist on my gear in favor of just having toxic blood

I do know about stoneguard ret warlord. Lets see that video of you being impervious to damage against the things i listed. Go ahead, i'll wait

Maybe its due to Cairns being used for Astronomical purposes in some ancient cultures and the abundance of man made shrines in game that are tied to the constellations.

You nigger

I hear pet builds have been nerfed. How bad is it? Is cabalist no longer the objectively best option for pets?

thanks it borked

Ravenous Earth Necromancer for massive damage over time and lifesteal

Word of Pain Inquisitor to kill dozens of monsters in seconds

then for your secondary class just pick one with the same damage type as the spell you want to use

>he doesn't know what a cairn is

Attached: images[1].jpg (220x230, 9K)

>457757375
damn what a...................................................coincidence amiright..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Started a Shieldbreaker straight into Elite, it's actually surprisingly smooth and with the Malmouth XP Potions you end up at like level 50 by the end of Act 1 easily
Not really sure exactly how I want to build this guy though, retaliation is obviously going to be a big factor but beyond that I dunno if I want to use spin2win or the auto attack replacer or just spam dash everywhere. For now I've just been using the dash to clear mobs quickly while my bullshit golden god pets do all the work on single targets with their resist reduction aura and Flame Torrent strapped to them.

Whoops didn't mean to make that a reply

Attached: 1527906685168.png (500x500, 580K)

>Word of Pain Inquisitor to kill dozens of monsters in seconds
and kill bosses in an hour
storm totem/wind devil vindicator
youtube.com/watch?v=dmRMv_-GB88

I know Malmouth was the aether expansion but I'm kinda sad there's absolutely zero new items for my Krieg battlemage.

AIDSmancer with Vitality transmuted Storm Totems

Attached: 1439244745096.jpg (400x273, 9K)

Attached: my bad side.jpg (640x481, 201K)

I'm staying away from OK & the new sets for a little while until all of the balance patches shuffle all that stuff around. Pretty sure we'll be seeing some nerfs so don't wanna invest in em yet

Wasn't the helm for the wind devil build nerfed?

Give me a neat oathkeeper build you nerds.

Whats the best way to farm once you are farming ready? Are the new shattered realms efficient, or should you be farming nemeses or crucible or what?

he's using trozan's set though. and i can't find anything about any nerfs to the trozan helm

Attached: ab7.jpg (624x401, 25K)

SR75-76>Crucible 150-170>Skeleton Key dungeon speedruns
65-66>100-150>skeleton key dungeon speedruns
Dunno how the troves in SR looks like at 50-51

max Celestial Presence and Shattering Smash, 1 point in the Aegis and Righteous Fervor skill lines, go Soldier and get all the survivability skills from it, stack Retaliation Damage and laugh as everything dies while hitting you. Also does surprisingly high single target damage because all your shit scales with Retaliation.

Yeah I thought he was using cyclone mask like most builds I've seen.

>But without constant updates like PoE or D3
>constant updates
>D3
m8

>imagine playing this game without grim dawn item assistant

I mean technically he is right. D3 does get constant updates. Its just that they are worth fucking nothing.

what does the item assistant do?

>imagine playing this game

Any minion build where I can play the game like a walking simulator where I ocassionally press the summon button to respawn/heal a minion?

D3 gets new content every season.

>2 shitty goblins instead of 1
epic update

>new content
>just a new set that improves a skill like +40.000% so you must make that build that season
okay this... this is... cringe....

Picked up this game and the first expansion. What's a good build for someone who's never played this game or anything like it before?

Attached: Fran concerned.png (500x598, 520K)

Its basically infinite stash. Takes items out of your stash tab #4 and saves them. Then you can just put them back into your stash when you need them.

Why not play the game, pick what looks cool to you and enjoy yourself by discovering the ins and outs yourself?

infnite stash tabs
it will pull items you put in the last shared stash tab to an external file so you can store every item you want without mulling and then when you need the item you click stuff in the program and it will put items in the 4th shared tab
you can also sort all your stuff by damage types etc it also has neat crafting tab that tell you what are you missing for certain recipes
games is unplayable without that thing imo
also install grim internals (auto pickup for compontents)

1st build, pretty comfy
Still on normal veteran
Just a little bit after I arrived at Homestead
Do I play veteran or just rush and unlock the harder difficulties?
grimtools.com/calc/YZenzMdN

Nightblade/Oathbreaker

max Blade Spirit and Guardian of Empyreon, stack physical damage

guardians are invincible and you only need to summon a blade spirit once every 18 seconds, so its very low maintenance. and you are tanky so there is little risk of dying.

>it's not good enough because I said so!
I'm going to be honest though, I didn't know what the general was called, so I went to find it on /vg/, but it wasn't there.

So actually no, I was wrong, Diablo 3 can't keep a general going.

having general or not, do you really think the content they put in every season is worth it? they just take out a set that makes one skill super retarded
you don't even need to try builds or anything, just get the set of the season and pump that skill
feels lazy as fuck for me (I played some seasons)

Assuming you want to dabble with that character into end game farming, and then reroll characters I would recommend doing everything you can on normal for reputation (especially for that one fraction in act 6 they sell a potion that gives 100% increased exp you can use on other characters) and then rushing through acts on elite to unlock ultimate
and doing everything again on ultimate
also on ultimate dont open one shot chests untill you are 94 so you can get the best legendaries from them

>having general or not, do you really think the content they put in every season is worth it?
no of course not, this wasn't about personal opinion, it was about D3 being able to maintain a general on /vg/, which I've now found out it couldn't.

PoE is still there though.

When you clear the game and unlock a difficulty, you only unlock it for that one character?

>When you clear the game and unlock a difficulty, you only unlock it for that one character?
if you have forgotten gods you can buy something called merit that allows you to skip difficutiles on your new characters so you can go straight to elite or ultimate but imo going to ultimate is preety bad even if you have op lvling gear due to the fact you will get fucked on reputations, going to elite is fine but you gotta have some nice lvling gear

Nice. Thanks for the tips.

Does finishing the 'Forgotten Gods' content count as a story completion (for going into elite)

i think you need to kill loghorrean for elite to unlock

nope
you gotta kill a boss in act 4 to unlock next difficulty, forgotten gods content can be done at any point the game after you finish act 1

Dang, I made a new character hoping I could just jump to forgotten gods asap. Is it better to finish normal malmouth/forgotten gods or just do elite story>malmouth>forgotten gods

You can jump into FG as soon as you kill the first acts boss. But i would advise you to get a few inventory bags before you go to FG since you dont get any from the quests there.

I can onyl get 5 shards into the new marathon thing and I've finished elite. Am I a super baddie?

>finished Elite
>am I a super baddie?
No, just woefully unprepared and doing endgame content at not-endgame.

So finish ultimate first then?

Yes and get some good solid legendaries

If you had fun it doesnt matter :)

Alright. I've got like two stash tabs worth of the fucking things but nothing useful for my build.

I can apparently do it any time, but what level is everything in FG?
Does it scale to my level?

>Does it scale to my level?
yes

What build you running?

I want brainlet tier mostly auto attack build for ultimate, any ideas? And is ret damage shit? Seems like its shit, ranged and magic doesn't get hit by ret and its terrible for bosses.

>Diablo 3 fan
>Give Grim Dawn a try
>Unable to go back to D3
This shit is amazing but its a little annoying that its made D3 unplayable.

Attached: 1492447659763.jpg (597x597, 54K)

necro pets. I fucking love pet builds in these kinds of games.

There are skills that add your ret damage to your attacks, which makes it good even for just hitting shit.

im running conjurer pet build shit is so fucking fun to fight against bosses when those retards smack you pets and you stand behind and cast debuffs but aoe clear is kind of shit

What Masteries? I'll check my Stash and see if i have anything useful for you.

When does that bitch inventor gets the ability to transmute legendaries? Do i have to do some quest or some shit?

yes

>you can control wind devils with pet attack
oh shit

Would full ret with captain america shield to hit ranged/deal with bosses work?

You don't know what it means do you

i just like to press 1 button and do nothing

They shove a tiny Cthonian into the bottle.

One of the dumbest encounters for sure. Tried to rape a daughter but for some reason she isn't anywhere nearby.

When you put soap into gasoline it becomes chaos damage, learn your gorilla warfare

I just finished the vanilla game and i enjoyed it. But why is the DLC so expensive? Is it worth it?

That pissed me off, he should have had the daughter npc somewhere nearby off the beaten path at least, where you could talk to her and she'd say she was told to hide after dad his friend got into a fight, or whatever.

Lots of nice details in the game but things like that really rub my autism.

you don't even need aegis of menhir to kill ranged/deal with bosses. Ret currently does so much damage with retribution and anvil constellation that all you need is to run up to them and left click

So maybe Rightous Fervor line instead of Shield?

Grimtools is back up, so maybe you feggits can help me see where my shitty build needs improvement
Already know I'm going to drop all points in Soulfire since it seems to do fuck all damage, but I'm wondering what other points I can move around, especially my devotions because I'm pretty sure outside of taking Kraken and some others I'm fucking them up
grimtools.com/calc/0V0qlrMZ

Attached: grim derp.jpg (1920x1080, 1.09M)

So what is a good retaliation build? I have never done one. What are the core skills and constellations?

Retribution is in the Righteous fervor line user. It's the thing that adds %retaliation damage to attack. 1 point in righteous fervor, max retribution and get conscretion as high as you can afford because of it's bonuses

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: Capture.jpg (384x114, 8K)

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82927

I still like D3. Nothing in the genre comes even sort of close to its combat feel and visual impact. Destructible scenery, the physics, and the over the top gore and enemy deaths coupled with the snappiness and impact of the entire game's skill roster all make combat in D3 feel amazing.

What you literally just said
>Fan of hitting myself in the head with a hammer
>Give not hitting myself in the head with a hammer a try
>Unable to hit myself in the head with a hammer anymore
I bought Diablo 3 too, it's just not any fun when you've played vastly better games.

Is this build viable for a new character with no stash, or do you need super items?

D3 is fun for about 3-4 days each season and that's about it. The skill use feels nice, if anything.
The problem is that they didn't add anything new in two years now.

Well it's been fun chatting with you all, but we've reached bump limit and it is 6am here, so goodnight.

>Open door to Krieg's quarters
>walk in
>he's right fucking there

Attached: 20190408055505_1.jpg (1600x900, 269K)

>Is this build viable for a new character with no stash
Unless you plan to snail farm skeleton key dungeons or challenger crucible 100/150 for weeks until your find most items for it. No, you won't be able to do what he's doing in that vid.
You should still be able to make a viable ret warlord that can farm campaign content though

>The problem is that they didn't add anything new in two years now.
Can't really blame that on the Diablo team, Blizzard basically cut their budget and manpower so hard after D3 faltered thanks to ERROR 30 FUCKING 7, backlash over the RMAH and the clear shittery the game design had to push you towards it, and the general 'streamlining' of the game compared to when it was first showed off, so hard they had to can the second xpac they were working on. I'm sure if they could they would have been giving us more than basic bitch seasons but shit sucks.

start with fixing your god awful resistances.

Can I do Necro with only zombos as pets? What other class would support this?

ocultist with lots of buffs and pets. helhound with flat damage, green dreeg with lots of healing and flat damage. it s too imba