I haven't seen this game talked about at all. What do you all think of it...

I haven't seen this game talked about at all. What do you all think of it? I'm having more fun with it than slay the spire i can it's an excellent card game, i like the experimentation aspect of it.

Attached: download (71).jpg (297x170, 11K)

was anticipating it. Played it on release. Played for a day straight and never opened it again, I hate it.

Why?

I didn't get what I was doing so I dropped it after an hour

it has that humble shovelware trash aura so I haven't even looked at it

That's part of the fun user, the game even says you won't know what you're doing and to experiment and fail at the start screen.

I got it with the humble monthly, played it for 17 hours until I beat one path. I really enjoyed it for the same reason you said, the experimentation felt fantastic. I honestly didn't think the writing was anything to write home about, but it did the job fine. the real meat was exploring and figuring shit out, although that was incredibly daunting at first and I almost gave up. I watched an intro video that specified it'd be spoiler free and that really helped me out

It's fun if you're not a troglodyte and actually read everything. Has some pretty decent writing too.

everything terrible about Alexis' game design is turned up to 11. Little snippets of cool stuff littered between hours of tedium, but this time those snippets aren't cool enough for me to justify dragging cards on top of one another for hours. I hated Cultist Simulator so much I swore off everything Failbetter and Kennedy since.

to be fair he's not involved in failbetter anymore

I don't think it's tedious at all, that implies the game makes you grind and you have nothing to do. On my playthrough i'm on the verge of failure all the time and the fact the game is timed and pushes you forward constantly makes it feel fun and face paced. But i'm only 6 hours in and haven't finished a run yet so i can't say for sure end or even mid game isn't tedious.

>But i'm only 6 hours in
Yeah, my experience around that time was the same. My excitement ran out about ten hours later.

What exactly is tedious about end game?

I will say getting a good ending without a bit of cheese can be tedious. slight mechanical spoilers about a card you'll encounter later, I don't think it's a big deal but who knows
later on you encounter a patron whose sole purpose without the dlc is to keep a card busy for 60 seconds so it doesn't decay while you acquire other needed cards. that on its own is no big deal, but juggling multiple cards before you can research them together can be a chore
still, a lot of late game tedium can be bypassed once you realize that summons are more important than crazy high level lore since they can be sacrificed

>on the verge of failure all the time and the fact the game is timed and pushes you forward constantly makes it feel fun and face paced
tedious might not have been the best word I could have chosen, but after the honeymoon phase passed, I felt like a hamster in a wheel. The bits of carrot that I got along the way were alright, but nowhere near good enough for me to keep running.

Extreme buyers remorse. The game is mostly busywork.

Attached: 1530148656586.jpg (1024x1024, 83K)

I want to play it again and try out the DLC since I have the eternal edition, but honestly I want to wait for some brave soul to try making a mod to make it turn based rather than stuck to the pointless time grind its on now. It'd be in a much better place if you had some way of just converting 30 seconds into one turn and being able to get everything done in one go instead of ending up with dread because you forgot a card that proc'd and shuffled to a place where you didn't see it, forgetting to work once and having to beg for your job back, etc etc
That said I put around 60 or so hours into it between pirating and actually buying it that first week it was out

This is one of the worst games I've played, and even worse a huge disappointment since I was looking forward to it. This spinning plates shit is so annoying.

Yeah it not being turn based almost turned me off the game, but with the option to fast forward and pause it's fine. I would've refunded if it didn't have the option for both.

Same exact experience, holy fuck it's so frustrating and disappointing
>make Fallen London and Sunless Sea, cool as fuck writing but bad gameplay
>leave and make Cultist Simulator
>exceptionally interesting writing but so scattered and vague that it becomes meaningless, plus hilariously retarded game design
>everyone else makes Sunless Skies
>improved in every way except the writing which is now mediocre at best
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT ALEXIS

Attached: more anger.jpg (763x1280, 130K)

It's kind of cool but there's so much repetition in it. I wish there was a more efficient way to have money than to repeatedly keep putting cards back in the work slot every few seconds. Managing like 20 different timers at once gets pretty annoying.

Glorified idle game.

Figuring what you need to do is fun.
Actually doing it isn't.