Mako energy is totally safe and Shin Ra is doing the best they can to deal with leftist environmental extremists

Mako energy is totally safe and Shin Ra is doing the best they can to deal with leftist environmental extremists.
Who else /shinradicals/?
Pic related, a terrorist training camp

Attached: Sector7-ffvii.png (512x512, 273K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/197344-final-fantasy-x/44422174
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shinra blows rotting pizza slice on a whole sector and everyone dies,how is this ok?

This game has aged like dogshit.

Your mom has aged like dogshit.

How different would the world be if FF7 had been made for the N64 instead?

WHY IS IT ALL GLOWING GREEN

Its burning peoples souls for energy

>aeris dies
>insert cartridge #15 to continue

mako energy involved sucking the life force out of the planet. did you even play the game?

To be fair dogshit becomes less disgusting with age due to drying out and becoming less smelly.

And turning from.black to white

>mako energy involved sucking the life force out of the planet.
And that's a good thing.

Too bad the Turks get some shit phone game, instead of a PSP or console game. Playing as the Turks (not necessarily the ones from 7) seems like it would be fun

Attached: TurksFF7.jpg (900x516, 456K)

The Turks were in the wrong.

Still a cool bunch, don't need no enhancements to do their job which is a cross being espionage, and assassination. Also cute girls.

Attached: Cissnei beach.jpg (402x229, 36K)

heh boobies

ff7 has aged like fine wine

>no fmv
>botched music
>god knows how many cartridges
>ugly textures
>weak 2d

Attached: spokenlikeatruemaverick.png (540x313, 227K)

Can you believe terrorists want to destroy this?

Attached: Elena.jpg (282x436, 50K)

AVALANCHE are terrorists. They want people deadeded.

FF7 is mostly shit, it hit's it's high point climbing Shinra Tower and then tapers off after there, not to say that story elements are inherently worse than those at the start, they are all pretty bland, which is standard for Final Fantasy games which are elaborate but with 0 depth. No the true problem is that Midgar is the true stroke of genius within the games world and a game set around only Midgar where you slowly open up districts and shortcuts and work to uncover the truth about Mako, how it works, and to expose the Shinra corporation would have been an infinitely better game, you could even have locked many of the locations as outer districts of Shinra, at least Junon, Gold Saucer, the camp at the base of Gold Saucer and Rocket town all could have been squished in around Midgar.

I want to as well

FF7 world seems to be the 19th century, except Shinra discovered what amounts to Oil-Nuclear power all of a sudden. So there's been sudden rapid industrialization. But the cost is that mako is not renewable, and burning it up will eventually lead to the planet's death (and all life with it).

Burning Mako = literally less life can be created on the world. It's a pretty clear parallel with pollusion.

The entire score of FF7 is like 350 kb. Without the FMVs the game could fit on one disk. So no FMVs, lower texture quality, and it could work.

>killing Costa del Sol, Cosmo Canyon, Wutai Village, and the Mountain
unacceptabru

>19th century
>he doesn't know his centuries

Attached: 40keks.jpg (292x257, 16K)

All environments would have been 3d but also far less varied, there would have been no FMV which would have legitimately have been no loss, the game would have traded pre rendered cutscenes for real time ones similar to Ocarina of Time, the soundtrack would be midi but in your mind it would have played out mostly the same since the actual soundtrack could absolutely have worked in midi. You would have basically have ended up with a game that's more like Chrono Trigger but with ATB combat, the game wouldn't have sold anywhere near as much since FF7's biggest innovation was it's enormous marketing budget which SE was able to do thanks to Sony's investment in them as a company, so the game wouldn't be anywhere near as legendary.

I unironically believe that FF7 on N64 would have ended up as a far better game.

Might have been in Smash sooner

I never got why people thought the Turks were such tough badasses.

What do you mean? It's 19th century. FF7-World skipped coal entirely, and went into the equivalent of nuclear power and oil, to get 1950's level tech. It's why there's such a discrepency in some areas (19th cen looking) and others are 20th century looking.

No FMVs.
Which might mean a completely different game, since they were a huge part of FF7's concept

>All environments would have been 3d but also far less varied,

You can do pre-rendered backgrounds in the N64.

>Chrono Trigger but with ATB combat
Chronot Tigger already has ATB combat

Attached: cat.jpg (367x446, 41K)

I live in wall market and I saw a shinra helicopter leaving the plate support the day of the incident WAKE THE FUCK UP SHEEPLE

don't forget that shinra was proven to be right in ffx

Attached: Shinra.jpg (290x500, 150K)

>FF7-World skipped coal entirely
wut, play the game you fucking idiot. barret's town was a coal mining town before shinra came alone. that was a MAJOR plot point

imagine is she kissed you on the lips haha

I absolutely understand this, and really I just consider it the cost of such things, not that you couldn't mish mash things have have Costa Del Sol sit on the far end of Junon the face of which is now welded onto Midgar itself forming one of it's districts that is directly on the sea itself, then you could have placed Cosmo Canyon of the far side of the Golden Saucer, Wutai Village, I guess you'd need to look at dropping that or hiding an oriental village beneath Midgar.

Would have been an infinitely superior game if they did this however.

The 19th century was between 1801 - 1900. FF7 was more 20th century. It's basically the present with all of the modern features (Cars, Planes, television, cell phones, computers).

It's late 20th very early 21st century to be quite honest.

only if you're a brainlet

Even if they somehow fused every location into one central hellish Myst island, the journey of the game would feel really small and the scope of the world and the stakes would be limited. When one of the central themes is environmentalism, you gotta show how the world is not just one dense hell hole.

god I really wonder how they'll handle the overworld in FF7R though. I kinda want to just drive around at a 1:1 scale but I don't want it being empty.

Okay, coal existed but instead of spending like a century on it, they moved onwards.

Yeah, because of Mako. Most of the world is 19th century still (like the coal mining town) and then Mako allowed the production of all this advanced tech.

I know you could but then you would have filled the game cart up with these scenes, if you want to imagine what it would have looked like more accurately as a flat evolution of Former Final Fantasy titles with some aspects of Chrono Trigger, think Harvest Moon 64 mixed with Breath of Fire 4.

Thanks for the correction cat.

You have literally no idea how long they were mining coal for

t. zoomer

>When one of the central themes is environmentalism, you gotta show how the world is
Not entirely true, you could have the entire game framed through this mega city with small snippets of an environment that seems both so distant and also unimportant to a poulace far more interested in it's creature comforts, things like Aeris the flower girl not being able to sell flowers because these things are no longer considered to hold value, parks being demolished for more concrete jungle. You don't even need to go on a worldwide adventure for this sort of game, that at the time was kind of an overused trope, and I'm absolutely certain based on current trends that an environment that loops back in on itself with characters having that "i know where i am" moment after spending the last 3 hours in lost in unknown territory would have lead to an objectively better game, but at the same time I don't consider FF7 to be a good game in the first place, it's success is entirely on it's marketing campaign and it's approach to visuals and it's FMV sequences were part of it's marketing.

I just want to live the peaceful life mining mithril, in a small town named Kalm.

Is it ever explained what energy source they all use after meteorfall? I know Barret strikes oil, but there are bikes and cars still moving before we are given that info.

and they look like fucking ass, compare ff7s prerendered backgrounds to hyrule or wherever in oot

it would be shit with MIDIs and no fmvs

The FMVs in FFVII are already shit, the game would have been fine, with a midi soundtrack, just not the PC's super shit quality midi, I guess it was because it was a lazy port it sound so bad.

Being a huge, varied adventure where you go all over the world is one of the core appeals of Final Fantasy series. What you describe might or might not be a better game (and there definitely isn't any objective metric for that), but it wouldn't be what people want out of a Final Fantasy game

Actually what I described is objectively better and far more timeless than Final Fantasy VII ever could be, a game that only holds it's position because it's 100m marketing campaign lead to it becoming a major success in spite of it being lackluster.

>Being a huge, varied adventure where you go all over the world is one of the core appeals of Final Fantasy series
Not really, it's core appeal has been at least before FFVII, it's levelling system which draws a beeline to your brains pleasure centers, it's emphasis on "mature" storytelling which fulfills any child's desire for adulthood, and starting with FFVII it's quality visuals which were a pay off for all the long hours slugging through enemies, especially in an age where not only these were a rarity, but where quality ones were even rarer.

no they arent, they are integral to the game without the fmvs it wouldnt even be the same game

Normal electricity most likely

Maybe. Do you have any examples of games that do this?

That's the sort of marketing first mentality to made Final Fantasy the undewhelming monolith it is now, only spectacle holds value in this series, and spectacle is what sells. There's no reason why you couldn't have made real time cutscenes in place of the shitty pre rendered ones, the real time cutscenes in Ocarina of time even aged better than the ones in FFVII, which have those fucking laughable subs, man that shit disappointed me when at the end characters speak during a cutscene and it's fucking subbed instead of voiced, what a joke.

Actually Shin_Ra from FFX built a space ship and colonized the planet FF7 takes place on. The entire population of FF7 are descended crom the Al Bhed

No such game exists because RPG makers are a series of pretentious cuckolds with no actual ability, wannabe film directors with no passion for the medium. closest I can think of is maybe Seiken Densetsu 3, an objectively superior game to FFVII.

most of FF7 looks like ass today.
pic related is what actually good backgrounds looked like in the late 90's

Attached: planescapetorment-15.png (2560x1440, 3.63M)

Anyone else think the higher ups don't know what they're doing? I mean, I'm fairly sure Hojo doesn't even have a PhD.

Fuck off, I was a fan of the series since I played VI, and I couldn't care less about leveling.
You write like a typical pseudo-intellectual nerd who thinks he has the "objective truth" figured out, complete with calling people with a different opinion dumb

>fan theory

lol no

it doesn't have to be an RPG?

why are western games so soulless?

i bet you played the shitty pc port of ff7 too faggot

i was a retarded child when i played this and have forgotten most everything
quick rundown?

Attached: 1551681349841.png (600x812, 374K)

final fantasy 7 is better than oot

Say no more

Attached: aidyn chronicles.jpg (640x468, 46K)

I have a great idea, what if we get a lion to impregnate a woman? I really believe this will lead to great scientific progress.

JRPGs can have good game mechanics. Recent example of a game that does that really well would be Shin Megami Tensei: Apocalypse.
Square and games that imitate their style is pretty much a subgenre that has more of a "cinematic" approach.
You clearly have very limited experience with JRPGs. Playing one semi-obscure game with an untranslated title doesn't make you an expert

Thanks for pointing out your own subjective experience with Final Fantasy, but all the things I pointed out are known things, we've known about the effects of marketing first design for decades, FFVII was on of the earlier games like this and it's FMVS and environments were certainly part of this, on top of that the way that games hand out experience is a much exploited system used to boost interest in these games, I'm applying already known things to Final Fantasy as an explanation for the popularity of a mostly lackluster IP. While the way it handles character development is a part of it's popularity, at it's core FFVII's massive marketing budget is really what made the series what it would become.

Nothing that I'm stating is trying to take an intellectual angle on the subject, I am merely stating the facts of the situation.

Well thanks for your subjective opinion with no relevance to the statement made.

Considering the bad guy summons a meteor to destroy the planet, in your vision we would only see 1 city that is huge. It would make the meteor pretty much meaningless since you cant see what is outside the walls of Midgar.

Now you at least get to see what Sephirot is trying to destroy in full scale which makes the meteor all more meaningful and powerful.

Just my 2 cents, i love midgar too but not that much. The journey in ff7 is the best thing there is

Planescape Torment does have some great looking scenes, but other times it looks like a brown mess where it's impossible to have even an illusion of perspective.
FFVII actually does perspective really well, and it's much more varied and colorful in its visual than Planescape

No I've played more than that, which includes SMT Apocalypse, Seiken Densetsu 3 was just the game that came to mind first because of it's interwoven maps, SMTIV:A is probably a better example though now that you point it out.

Who /AVALANCHE/ here? Fuck Midgard, fuck Mako, and FUCK SHINRA.

Newp. Confirmed by Square.
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/197344-final-fantasy-x/44422174

"we need to do this," hojo said, "we'll make great progress," he said again, dick in hand

only way to be sure

The al bhed built a space ship and colonized the world of FF7. Shin-Ra is not only the same name but explicitly mentions life stream energy

that's a pretty miniscule flaw in the story, there's no reason why you can look out over the Golden Saucer and see distant towns you can't visit, the world in FFVII is miniscule anyway with most "major" hubs being small villages with populations smaller than 100 people.

>you play as a scrawny white twink and with the help of a black panther and an asian prostitute, you commit terrorist acts to save the planet and take down a mostly white male owned megacorp
nu/v/ would flip if it was released today, holy shit. literally every thread would be like god of war 4 but 10x worse.

> This post was typed on a shin ra computer, om shin ras internet, using a shin ra phone
Fuck off hippie. Go get some coffee at ShinRa Buxks, faggot

Aeris wasnt asian

Oh dang thats pretty cool. So the people in FF7 are pretty much all Al Bhed descent?

Attached: 1523179523460.png (127x187, 11K)

>implying I'm not using a coal powered PC
Mako power is DESTROYING the planet, you dumb corporate bootlicker.

Man, this game is sooo godamn tedious and slow. Why were my familu such Nintendo fags.

what you're asking for is the game adaptation of The Lorax 2015.

How's that boot taste?

I think this is the worst RPG I’ve ever played. Thanks for reminding me.

Yup except for the Cetra. Space travel is a massive yet underappreciated part of FF. Cid was using an Al Bhed design for his ship which he partially got from shin ra

FF7 has big tits. Yea Forums would still like it.

Enjoy that power and police forces, faggot?

How's that plate you dumbasses dropped on your fellow poorfags taste?

Attached: part 1.jpg (960x510, 44K)

Attached: part 2.jpg (604x335, 19K)

and is a jap game which means everyone agrees that it wasnt forced politics shit

On weekends I like to throw rocks at the poorfags below, it's not even a crime. Anyone interested in joining me this weekend?

Attached: part 3.jpg (541x334, 29K)

rufus only did what was best for the greatest number of people. who knows, maybe if he managed to destroy the lifestream jenova and sephiroth would have been snuffed out too and all that destruction wouldn't have had to happen. thanks to avalanch, we will never know

Love you man

>23 years
>no autist has ported FF7 to n64 yet

BASED FUCKING BILLY GUNN

Reminder that the creators of the games have explicitly stated that the name Shinra was a nod to the company in FFVII but that every numbered entry to the series is in it's own universe and nothing is a sequel or forebear of each other.