youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfbK4pt7rdhjsMQQ_E5jVe98cNhlrdcle
youtu.be/SD8xfwj1DwM
youtu.be/aOaqSgU382M?t=649
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Beyond Reality is fun.

Sunder

amazing how Doomguy's design has only gotten worse over time

Chris Dorner’s Last Stand

Attached: F33ED758-4ED8-4F74-825C-3A30B74B2573.jpg (686x386, 67K)

Attached: LfyiAMv.png (1152x864, 193K)

those e-tanks better glow when charging

Attached: waitwhat.gif (509x400, 256K)

I think they do, user. And I think the power ups also change color with the weapons you have equipped, but I'm not sure if that. It's been a while since I played.

What the FUCK happened to eternal? Did it get cancelled?

It's still coming, they had footage to show off the Google Stadia (It ran like shit because stadia but I digress)

Anyway, Quake Champions: Doom edition is literally what Quake Champions should have been.

Why is ID so redpilled?
>reboots franchise
>goes through development hell
>pretty modernized in certain ways
>all of the red flags for a shitty cashgrab
>ends up amazing
>makes a sequel in which doomguy becomes the predator

Daily reminder that D44M could've been a whole lot worse
youtube.com/watch?v=8bq1VlSTG1w

The DIO wad is pretty fun, nothing makes my dick harder than time stop mechanics.

Attached: Screenshot_Doom_20190119_205734.png (1920x1018, 1.5M)

>Brings back older designs that are more iconic
>"hurrr why did they make Doom look like Doom? it's outdated, didn't id learned anything from the new God of War?"

Should've been a proper run and gun platformer instead of arenashit.

Just played Dimension of the Boomed, short but very good, if you like Quake you will feel at home.

The wad is shockingly faithful to the source material in most regards.

What's the best TPS wad?

Chainworm Commando. The first maps red door is broken, but other than that the wad is fun, and the final map is amazing.

I blame modern superhero design, this all-over notion that you have to have some stupid overdesigned armor to be able to be a "normal human" and still keep up with the overpowered "classic" heroes. Like everybody in the DC fighting games or the movies having stupid skin-tight metal armor suits.

I just finished Doom 2016, It's great, the gameplay, level design and soundtrack are everything a modern FPS should be. Also what is your exepection on Doom Eternal.

Attached: Doom.jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

>Worse

Yeah okay.

D4D and Quake champions wads

The sprite work on those are amazing.

youtu.be/ietb4JwaaXA

NUTS

They relied on "arenas" a little too heavily. And being able to turn any enemy into a medkit is pretty cheap.

where can i find updates on a WAD in progress if all i know is that it's by the creator of High Noon Drifter?

Doom 64 had a good design, I'm not a big fan of anything after. The 1st Slayer design is ok, Eternal's is shit. Doom 3 wasn't great either.

Just finished THT Threnody last night. Absolutely fantastic. Enjoyed every second of it. Last map had me in awe.

I'm saying that the Doom Eternal design is good

Except it objectively is faggot

>toasterfags immediately port id software assets to doom 2
why, i seriously thought people didn't want to play doom 4 or quake champions

Attached: 776578545.jpg (419x610, 69K)

i'm seriously concerned for doom eternal's storytelling

i know storytelling isn't the point of doom at all but it was nice how doom 2016's writing was almost subdued in a way, self conscious but not completely full of itself and self referential to an obnoxious degree. eternal's doomguy design almost seems like he's trying too hard, like it went from the quintessential space marine design to '80s action figure.

the fact that we're apparently getting more narrative focus in eternal only makes me worry more.

It's definitely trailer fluff, they're obnoxiously self-aware but I can imagine they're not that stupid.
That said, a lot of people reacted well to sucking off the Doomguy in that one scientist part of the trailer so who knows.

And I think your opinion is shit.

Best vanilla+ experience coming through.
babel-mod.neocities.org/

when they first announced it and the director said they're really into lore, that terrified the fuck out of me. i just don't know if Doom is the place for lore. I'm sure the lore might even be good, but I kind of don't want too much lore for Doom of all things.

It's not like there'll be actual fucking cutscenes. They're not that retarded.

If you've ever played the classic side scroller Hocus Pocus, i really recommend giving Hocus Doom wad a go.

Attached: Screenshot_Doom_20190318_230819.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

>ID
It's id lower-case, my man.

Here's a big ol' starter list for you.

Attached: DoomWADS.png (1543x6138, 1.63M)

That's not my fear really. But just the explaining the whole nature of Hell/Heaven and Doomguys role in it all.

They'll probably just go the Dark Souls route and drop some hints about what happened here and there.

brutal doom

Back to Saturn

Ancient Aliens

Attached: A E S T H E T I C.png (1280x960, 783K)

wad-archive.com/wad/Doom-Uncut

>soulful
>soul
>soul-lite
>soulless

Deus Vult

>old doomguy
>literally just a guy who's too fucking angry to die
>tears up shit in hell so bad Satan gets scared and kicks him the fuck out
>he's just a regular fucking dude
>NuDOOMSLAYERâ„¢
>is an ancient prophecied hero to fight the ancient evil and has a fancy bulky armor because he's a pussy who's afraid to punch a cyberdemon in the cock with his leather gloved fist

Soiled it.

Attached: Angry Toddler.jpg (1062x1062, 495K)

Incorrect. Top right is the best. If it had the gloves and doom 1's helmet it would hands down be the best design they could ever achieve.

Do you know what the id is?

Calm down Todd, that doesn't make Fallout any less awful.

Fucking classic.

Top right best

Attached: 1504483201487.jpg (1024x770, 22K)

You have the correct opinion.

when's a goddamn commander keen wad, i know hdoomguy was doing something with that idea,

That is Why the fan theory of both being the same is soo great.A normal Man become a imortal legendary demon boogeyman.

this is so nice to play after work. just come home from work and blast some blocks lookin for secrets. definitely up there for me as my favorite total conversion, and ive never even played hocus pocus

I just finished Doom the Way Id Did and god such a great wad especially if you're a fan of the original doom level design.

based, kinoest megawad there is
youtube.com/watch?v=GzF7oAShwfw

maybe its me but i feel like it too often devolves into "heres a bunch of shit, good luck" and i usually like a well paced wad... aesthetics are 10/10 though ,great style

That fucker needs to stop fucking around with other ideas and finish up hdoom.

Reminder that CDLS was made in 4 hours, while the events of the standoff and the cabin catching fire were still happening

Also. No body was ever found. Can’t corner the Dorner

Someone at Bethesda has to fire their marketing guys because the promotion around Doom 2016 was abysmal and Rage 2 is apparently falling for the same trappings.

its not just you, i didn't really enjoy the pace either

He's the same guy. He's literally just ascended from "just a marine" to a literal legend.

I honest to god don't see why this is a bad thing. ID just caved in to the fags who call Doomguy a bad motherfucker.

How hard is it to make wads? And is it possible to transfer all that into another engine?

I fucking hate DOOM guys look in eternal there I said it.

The way they ape'd the blade and shoulder canon from predator, a tactical and cold hunter, and slapped it onto DOOM guy, a force of utter chaos and destruction, is just stupid.

DOOM guy is also characterized by his charming simplicity. No name, no voice, all action. His design should reflect that

I prefer to believe that not only is he the same guy, but he's not actually some holy hero, more like the angels/demons saw him and decided to name him a holy hero.

I'm not even usually a metal guy, but the D44M soundtrack absolutely fucking slaps.

I agree. I like how buff they made him, just to exaggerate the hulking unstoppable force idea, but the rest not so much. Also I don't like that the glory kills will have a more slice and dice thing instead of pure rip and tear. A blade is not as visceral as grabbing a demon's head and ripping it apart like a sheet of paper.
What's kind of a shit move is that the teaser showed the exposed arms, hinting that the design was going to be closer to the original, then they turn around and show this.

Attached: 76u62grzqaf11.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

i think its cool but i also get a real quake 2 vibe from it which i really liked

I just want to see some more gameplay.
All we have is the pre-rendered teaser from E3 2018 and the gameplay at Quakecon. We know absolutely nothing else.

Doomguy doesn't punch with a leather gloved fist, he just punches with brass knuckles and steroids, nothing else.

Also this.

It's not bad by any means, but it's starting to get dangerously close to generic sci-fi halo-esque armor suit. And like the other user said, I also don't dig the predator style shoulder canon and blade. It just doesn't sit right for me.

Rise of the Wool-Ball

Attached: Screenshot_Doom_20190407_042713.png (1920x1080, 537K)

I like the whole cyber-barbarian look this design is going for. Could do without the sword and grenade launcher, but I get that their inclusion was done mainly for gameplay reasons.

Attached: 1536780966700.jpg (572x621, 104K)

that's because D44M's soundtrack isn't really metal, yeah there's metal chugging but that's it, it's closer to industrial/electronica than metal

For some reason I'd really just like a medieval version of Doom, but I feel like Dante's Inferno already fulfills that.
Sadly, it's basically abandonware, given that Visceral is dead and it's never coming to PC.

Not really medieval but Serious Sam could scratch that itch.

Attached: 1534373940641.png (2560x1440, 3.83M)

>but it's starting to get dangerously close to generic sci-fi halo-esque armor suit
I felt they already achieved that with 2016's armor. I think Eternal's design is a step in the right direction, but it's still a bit over-detailed for my tastes.

well the overdetailed shit actually has a function as an ingame mechanic, so im fine with it.

>well the overdetailed shit actually has a function as an ingame mechanic
I was talking about the suit itself, not the cannon and blade.

They are getting better in some parts, like the exposed forearms are a nice detail, and the art they showed does show that even enemies are getting a face lift to look closer to the original games, but the armor still isn't quite right. Too many random creases and tacti-cool details that don't really add anything. It just makes it seem like he could be a generic sci-fi enemy.
The blade and shoulder launcher do, not everything else.

Christchurch .wad when? Some motherfuckers make these for every possible shooting

Still looks like the demon slayer we all know and love.

Attached: the_slayer_by_kelvinhiu-dcmu0wb.png (2025x2061, 1.63M)

What's your favorite demon designs Yea Forums? I've downloaded a lot of WADs for it, and there seems to be a dozen variations of Barons, Cacodemons, Spider, etc.

DOOM wads have kino music youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfbK4pt7rdhjsMQQ_E5jVe98cNhlrdcle

you are objectively wrong, retard

i think the 2016 armor is perfect, personally. the fully obscuring but still bulky and muscular-looking armor nails that unstoppable demigod force-of-nature feel.

>ends up amazing
>everything a modern FPS should be
god no, it's fucking atrocious
>expectation on Doom Eternal.
more of the same, they are doubling down on the gimmicks
It ain't Doom

Sure, he's built like a brick wall now and I know that too simple a design for his suit, like the original, would come across as kinda cheap and not as intimidating, but it's just way too much. I wasn't excited at first but the one in 2016 grew on me. Not too much, not too little. Now it feels too much.

Attached: e2f.png (1247x1013, 1.11M)

Shut the fuck up Boomer.

Blue cacodemeons with 3 assholes

Christ, don't remind me. Call of Doom would've fucking killed me.
Also the lines in Eternal.
>Demons are just mortally challenged

I thought it was mostly fine. If most of your enemy encounters are sprinkled throughout the level rather than telegraphed, that can punish aggression and moving fast if you go around a corner right into a revenant.

People exaggerate the benefit of glory kills too, I think. If you go for one at higher health, you get like 5-15 health for your effort, which is almost nothing on higher difficulties. At lower health, you generally get enough to survive like one or two weak hits. Enemies also get a chance to reposition and advance on you, which if you're playing on a higher difficulty where a lot of attacks can one-shot you from close to full health without armor, is a very very bad thing. You want to keep track of everyone at all times.

truth hurts
Doom is just disposable AAA console shit now

>V7

Update your shit, user.

Attached: DOOM.png (1543x6892, 1.67M)

You got the non blurry version?

Meant for

Is there any Christchurch NZ mods yet?

Attached: 1553281540740.jpg (977x566, 64K)

>tfw always imagine a timeline where Quake gets a similar treatment
>it gets modded into Team Fortress 2.0
>the cycle begins anew

Then again, it's just a fantasy from somebody that wishes Valve gave any and all shits about the TF IP again.

Attached: 1551973571036.jpg (780x846, 53K)

>wanting a low quality jokewad over playing solid mapsets

Attached: magazine.jpg (640x295, 65K)

no, but we have this youtu.be/SD8xfwj1DwM

It just doesn't feel like Doomguy to me if his ridiculous arms aren't exposed. It's just one of those small details that makes the character, imo.

Attached: 1541938277066.jpg (500x600, 238K)

throw in more buzzwords next time, boomy

it's alright buddy, you'll grow out of that retardation

Honestly it's the same for the new design for me. The new look will grow on me. I'm not exactly a hardcore doomfag like you guys so design changes don't effect me.

Attached: fba.jpg (680x459, 56K)

Wasn't there a rumor that id was working on giving Quake the D44M treatment?
Is Daisy going to make an appearance this time around?
Also I kinda want to see them announce a Collector's Edition with a Daisy plushie. Plot twist, it's just Daisy's head.

u guys r so stupid!!!! -.-

>the D44M treatment

Attached: disgusting.jpg (908x730, 137K)

What makes him wrong?

>Is Daisy going to make an appearance this time around?
Daisy's been dead since Doom 2, user.

Attached: 1549981993349.png (665x538, 128K)

Mother fuckers gonna pay.

Attached: 848.jpg (680x383, 55K)

>Those angel like creatures in the trailer decide to fuck with Doomguy's mind
>He sees Daisy in the Doom 2 field
>Quick flash to her head on a spike
>Doomguy goes full rip and tear mode
Daisy might be dead but it'd be curious to see if they only leave it as a lore thing that only more diehard fans will know about or if they try to make it more known.

Attached: 1528560506_1528423659846.png (635x795, 384K)

>nuDoom fags are more obnoxious than halo fags
embarrassing desu

is the Doom Hunter the Titian but raised from the dead?

Attached: wa4qw7kwvqi21.jpg (1024x576, 227K)

I'm amazed how a silent protagonist can be so likable and interesting. Also on an unrelated note, Doom Slayer/Doomguy has a (sorta) canon voice now.

youtu.be/aOaqSgU382M?t=649

Fun fact: The dude who voices GS did the mo-cap for Doom Slayer.

Attached: 8ea.jpg (680x1364, 131K)

>using 2009 meme speak
kys oldfag

Attached: 131223744554.png (327x316, 208K)

He's too emotive and empathetic. Jap Gobbo Slayer is pretty obviously detached and and distant. Because that's the core of his character.

Weird.

What is? They explain Goblin Slayer's backstory. It's pretty obvious why he would be detached after his horrific childhood trauma. Enough that murdering goblins is all that remains of his desires as a person.

Not really a wad, but Robo Blast 2 Kart is pretty fun.

OLD GOOD
NEW BAD

Desu? It's a filter, newfag.

>That 4th design

Who made that awful "Look at my OC" design for Doomguy?

Attached: 1455680077554.png (398x505, 245K)

Best WAD coming thru.

Attached: blowawad.jpg (1200x675, 62K)

The literal same people who made the 2016 design.

Don't look up anything about Doom Eternal I guess.

Oh Nooooooo. We need to go back!

Is it completed? I remember a trickle of news about it.

Not even boomer, just a zoomer who tries to act contrarian and decided to play the old games so they can justify hating the new ones

I like the shoulder-cannon flamethrower. And at least the blade will add some variety to the finishers.

keep seething, boomer

Thank goodness for buzzwords, or you would have had to face the fact you said something fucking stupid.

Attached: 1525243603494.gif (300x300, 1.99M)

Is he basically Doomguy's Cortana now?

Attached: vega_symbol.png (211x209, 63K)

OG > Quake 3 > Doom 64 > nuDoom

Attached: one_doomed_space_marine_by_deimos_remus-d77lhfs.jpg (1024x1366, 189K)

I'm playing this right now. God it's so great. I fucking love the characters.

I just got through playing Doom 2016. The lore was pretty cool, but it was all background text-log stuff. You won't be exposed to the lore unless you really want to. Some of the experiments and stuff described were metal as fuck. They did a really good job of not doing masturbatory lore.

Overall, the game was pretty fun, especially the Cyberdemon boss fight. It takes a few missions before things pick up, but once you go to hell things start to get very fun.

The entire 1st game is, he's still working on Doom 2 tho. I think he had just gotten the succubus done and was working on the mini master minds.

I had low hopes because of the techno-dubstep-metal that the game uses. Thank god for Spotify. Playing through Doom 2016 while playing a Big 4 playlist was a lot more fun.

Play Moon Man Doom.

So this man has: a wrist blade AND a demonic energy blade?

Well, no. Didn't you complete D44M? The energy blade was taken from him.

Crtl + F "eviternity"
>Phrase not found.

Attached: ne_ov3ulhfPct1s4w1av_1280.png (472x352, 167K)

But he took it back or has one in the reveal for Eternal

>1543x6138
>Blurry
Stupid phoneposter

You will probably end up beating the robot dude halfway through the game and taking the blade from him.

He's still a normal guy, just armed up on demon gear. All the shit about him being a hero of prophecy and divine rite is literally in-universe propaganda and speculation.

this. People who complain about glory kills have obviously never played at high difficulty.

GMOTA

Are you a bad enough dude to pistol start in all of Plutonia's maps?

Attached: All Chaingunners go to Plutonia.png (1224x1084, 1.07M)

>acting like going to hell in a doom game is a spoiler

Attached: 1547047534830.png (500x480, 193K)

Is it good

not him but its a gameplay mod. good weapon feel, nice characters and decent spritework. can be really annoying at times given that each enemy can say the same shit over and over again but other than that i think its fun

DoomRL Arsenal is great.