What was Yea Forums's reaction to MGR when it released?

What was Yea Forums's reaction to MGR when it released?

Attached: 1536542349478.png (460x215, 281K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U9v41R2jr9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ok this is epic

AND IT WILL COME

Attached: 911.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

I thought it was 6/10. Yea Forums really liked the music.

Better than what I expected genuinely.

Didn't Yea Forums go apeshit over the first mission? Everything about it was godtier. Not only the "rules of nature" but also the segments in the train fight.

liked the cyborg ninja aesthetic and music sucked that there was never and is never gonna be a sequel again.

Attached: 72596201_p0_master1200.jpg (800x1091, 492K)

Pleased, but nowadays in retrospect it ain't that amazing.

Best platinum game

During the build up, there were threads about how it's incredibly short, loads of threads about that. Always a screen cap of the 'total report' from the end of the game showing it was beaten in about six hours or something. After release, there was not much praise, just loads of shitters complaining about the parry system while others told them it's fucking easy, just loads of arguments about that. It wasn't until everything settled that it became generally beloved, though only for the music and characters as you'll most likely see in this thread.

patrician opinion

>it ain't that amazing
boot it up, boss rush and tell me it still isn't better than anything released ever since

Attached: 1539736215838.gif (390x219, 1016K)

a lot of people bitched about not being a "true metal gear with true stealth", which is retarded since everyone knew it was a spin off from the start. and a lot of people started getting mad about the parry system. the rest found it a fun game, nothing groundbraking, but pretty good

tldr: shitters got mad, stupid fanboys expected other type of game and cool people enjoyed for what it was

mostly NEVER EVER to PC fags.

Other than that it was tons of retards complaining about the first boss because they didnt know how to parry

I can't anyways. For some reason on my current PC it's running worse than ages ago. There's a constant stutter going on.

Better stealth than MGS4

We created a ton of the RULES OF NATURE memes. It was a great time for meme production back then.

>having trouble with the parry system
I played it on PC and it's just a matter of spamming W + left click to be virtually immune to any attack, what the fuck are people having trouble with?
This game only has three mechanically difficult moments:
>cutting Sundowner's shields to enjoy fighting while listening to his theme's vocals
>cutting Armstrong's healing factor, sometimes it's hard to aim and if you miss you get damage
>cutting the objects Armstrong throws at you, even after beating him dozens of times I still occasionally fail

Attached: 1543359572644.jpg (480x360, 16K)

weird because there's a lot of optional fights in the game you can skip.

didn't say it was the case, I love the game. but a lot of people complained, or some people kept complaining a lot, idk

POGGERS

People essentially treated MGR as a substituent for DMC5.

A lot of the MGR posting was heavily linked with how terrible DmC was.

A lot of praising, memes, and one troll calling Yea Forums hypocrites because they liked MGR and hated DmC because troll thinks that MGR was ruining the Metal Gear name like how DmC ruined DMC. Most of the troll's "complaints" were dismissed as "MGR is a side story and at the end of the MG timeline, so nothing is affected"

Didn't help that MGR came out like a month after DmC.

Attached: RaidenvsDonte.png (590x960, 1.32M)

So, you people watching the same stream?

Endless threads about LE RULES OF NATURE and salty faggots like me shitting on it because it was an insult to the series. Of course later I played through it and loved the thing, and we didn't know the horrible shit that was to come.

YOUR MEMES
END
HERE

MY SWORD IS A TOOL OF JUSTICE

Attached: 1524508075880.png (1129x635, 1.57M)

Now that's a pretty meme. Exquisite!

Name me a game with better boss fights
You can't

Attached: mistral, the cold wind of france.gif (500x281, 994K)

STANDING HERE, I REALISE

Attached: Mad.gif (500x800, 94K)

Remember when the bad guy said make america great again?

Isn't she a tranny tho

Metal gear fans were shitting on it hard, in part because it wasn't an exclusive.

Yeah, then he got elected.

Plenty of games where bosses are more mechanically fun to fight. For me it's Touhou. But MGR has the most fun bosses because of how cinematic it is. I'll never not feel like a kid when jumping from missile to missile as the clock tower explodes. The sheer way characters shitpost in their dialogue, the cheesiness in how edgy Raiden is when going jack the ripper mode, everything is so lovable and fun despite having no mechanical depth.
it made me feel like playing MGS3 for the first time and appreciating the amazing characters in awe, especially Ocelot

Attached: 1542166131793.jpg (1024x576, 170K)

>Metal gear fans were shitting on it hard,

Mainly fanboys from 2 because they think that this game ruined Raiden and that "fans" are liking Raiden for the wrong reasons.

>MFW macfags who bought this game can't play it anymore because of DRM
LAFFO

Attached: 1539909305961.jpg (1448x1080, 301K)

>Memes lol
Ok, you can stop now it's been over 5 years.

That's bullshit, nobody ever liked Raiden, even in 2. If anything MGR and MGS4 redeemed him a little.

quentin and Kojimafags were shitposting it not being a real MGS game, and even saying DmC was better

I think most people realize it's good now, especially since MGSV blew ass

>That's bullshit, nobody ever liked Raiden, even in 2.

elitist fanboys did.

>If anything MGR and MGS4 redeemed him a little.
that is what the rest of the MGS fanbase can agree on. That Raiden sucked in 2 and got better in 4 and MGR

Attached: okay.jpg (245x184, 36K)

Mainly fanboys from 4 I'd say. It was during some of the peak gold face meme era.

Raiden was still shit in MGS4 and his "closure" in MGS4 was hollow.

>dude just stand in the one clear pixel amidst the rainbow-colored diarrhea of ten different simultaneous attack patterns
autism

Reminder that this filthy fully human BR defeated highly trained and enhanced cyborgs that eats metal gears for breakfast.

it's incredibly fun to stand in that one pixel

>mfw this isn't my sword

Attached: 1493350470163.jpg (960x960, 87K)

The board getting spammed by this guy was the reaction.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

>Sam was brazilian
Holy shit I had no idea
Finally my country has a nice character. And he's a Southern Brazilian too, explains why he's white.

Attached: 1549682390628.jpg (749x923, 94K)

10/10 - masterpiece

STANDING HERE

Attached: ding.gif (500x300, 971K)

he was right

At first there was a lot of shit talking because it was some how a betrayal to the MG series, even though its a non-canon spinoff that Kojima signed off on.

Then there was a lot of raging faggots complaining it was too hard and that blade wolf was "literally impossible" and that parrying is a stupid mechanic.

Then memes and enlightenment.

Attached: monsoon.gif (287x200, 720K)

Many of us were mocking Raiden for the choice of leading character.
But boy were we wrong about Jack.

Attached: mgrr-raiden.jpg (1000x1450, 217K)

His Japanese ancestry was actively working against his shitty huehue genes, so that's nothing to be proud of

>mfw this is the only metal gear game I played

Attached: 9BB6E05E-E8CC-47EE-910D-4C09D77E2756.jpg (640x640, 79K)

The music actually has serious problems. 90% of the time you're just hearing instrumentals of the songs, with the vocals literally cut out. Like it's meant for karaoke, so it genuinely sounds weird. Like it's missing something- because it is.

It has nothing to do with your skill level, or how well you're doing. You're literally waiting for certain trigger points in the boss structure.

WE'RE BRINGING FREEF EVEN IT KILLS SUS

Great now I have to fight Armstrong again.

>mfw I go back and play Raiden' original game
>mfw it's also god tier

Attached: 1473486528944.jpg (410x308, 79K)

first - shitting on it.
then - embracing how amazing of a game it is.

truly, the duality of man.

Attached: 1541600358735.png (515x590, 158K)

For me it was awesome the first time, now replaying it after 6 years already jesus christ it's not that fun

Actually Brazil has alot of japanese immigrants.

>Brazil is home to the largest Japanese population outside Japan. According to the IBGE, as of 2009 there were approximately1.6 millionpeople of Japanese descent in Brazil, and estimated at just under1.5 millionas of 2014.

Transformers Devastation because it's by the same director. Every single boss fight in that game is either a 1v1 with a Decepticon, a 1v2, or a 1v1 against a giant Combiner that's still humanoid. Every single one is mechanically distinct (The other Decepticon jet bosses like Thundercracker have Starscream's moveset but Starscream's AI is designed to be more cowardly) and a joy to fight. Optimus & Megatron slugging it out in Earth's orbit while arguing philosophy and semantics as an orchestral mix of Megatron's boss theme from earlier plays is 10/10.

FUCK I love Devastation.

Attached: 1549509502133.jpg (726x430, 41K)

>ywn play it for the first time and be amazed when RULES OF NATURE kick in again
what an amazing game

Attached: 338_1362815725808.jpg (1000x800, 218K)

I always heard all of Platinum's licensed games were trash but this sounds interesting

The Virgin MGS4

MGS4fags and BiBofags were butthurt and in denial over the fact that MGR, a game made to shitpost about, was more fun and more loyal to the MGS series than any MGS title after MGS2.

Attached: 1554568952228.png (1040x445, 168K)

The three southern Brazil states are composed of japs + europeans, especially germans, it's the best mix, and most cities are over 90% white
But all other 24 ones are nigger shitholes

I thought it was a bad idea at first, but then I played it. Fucking 10/10. Parrying makes the game ez pz on any difficulty but its still fun as a motherfucker. My only real problem is how many times you have to beat the game to get max difficulty.

Brazil is a favorite in japanese media, the nips always have some westaboos that likes to mention something from the country. I bet it's also a big reason why they have plenty of ambiguous brown characters since their xenophic asses bugs out when seeing a hue. It's part of the reason why this hellhole is infested with BRs
Brazil is Japan's delinquent self-deprecating brown senpai.

I only played 2 recently for the first time and maybe it's because of everyone building an expectation but I didn't find him that bad honestly

Attached: kawaii.png (1270x663, 1.55M)

This but unironically

hot foh dayz

Attached: 1442945591941.jpg (400x578, 84K)

mgr2 when

Attached: Ray Revengeance Sam.webm (640x360, 2.84M)

He wasn't wrong

when you see it...

Only TMNT was trash because it was uninspired and balanced around 4-player which made running it by yourself a slog. Korra was a solid 6/10 which is fine given it had practically zero budget.

TF Devastation is fantastic though. I think it's better than either Bayonetta, and I say that because it takes the formula and both refines and adds to it. It's similar to Bayo mechanically (Dodge on R2, Offset, Witch Time equivalent, parries work the same, Vehicle Attacks are your string enders instead of Wicked Weaves) but with Light/Heavy instead of Punch/Kick. It has 5 characters with unique stats, weapon drops that cover several types with elemental and unique variants that you feed other weapons to get better stats and attach passives, Third Person Shooter mechanics, Vehicle Mode, Character-specific cooldown abilities, a super meter, craftable TECH that give stat bonuses, and Overdrive which is like a Style Meter that when maxed out gives you more combo routes by opening up when you get access to Vehicle Attacks. Unlike Wicked Weaves, Vehicle Attacks aren't combo enders but combo extenders, as most of them involve ramming into enemies or peeling out to slam into them; your guns (or Sideswipe's flashstep) let you follow up even if you knock them away, and in Overdrive things like quickscoping and headshots give you Vehicle Attacks.

There's just so many mechanics but they flow into each other so much better than you'd expect. On top of that it has Challenge Mode which just lets you drop into enemy encounters, bosses, combinations of multiple bosses at once, unique boss fights against the playable characters, and gimmick challenges like overhead view, races, mazes, and "Punt The Decepticon".

I shill for TFD whenever I can because it's fucking dead otherwise. You can't buy it officially anymore and the source code was fucking deleted from Activision's servers. Pirate it, find a used disc copy, whatever you need to. Play this game.

Attached: 1530888672639.gif (932x992, 288K)

>tell me it still isn't better than anything released ever since
DMC 5

There is no Boss Rush though

>armpit hair
excellent taste.

Attached: iwtftr.jpg (542x616, 55K)

>Doesn't go for brown eyepatch girl with the best swimsuit
What a pleb.

STANDING

Vergil is a good final boss, but nothing can take DON’T FUCK WITH THIS SENATOR from my heart

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 35K)

Once you complete every chapter on every difficulty, or use the konami code, you can access all the bosses individually, that's probably what he means.

Attached: Wolf Hard NG.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

>the source code was fucking deleted
Whoever did this needs to be publicly executed

Mostly positive, you'd know if you wasn't a newfriend

>Once you complete every chapter on every difficulty
seriously? Why the fuck would they lock something so important behind that much bullshit?

>Tfw Soundwave fight
youtu.be/U9v41R2jr9E

Attached: 4E48A980-8017-4C3C-98BD-AE577BD8BE1C.jpg (863x1024, 36K)

STANDING HERE

What made Activision erase it?

I was extremely against the game because I thought it "ruined" the point of MGS4's ending for Raiden. Upon playing it though I realized that the plot isn't really something worth taking seriously and the gameplay was very fun and fluid.

I never got into it. It was too linear, short, and just basic. Maybe I wouldve liked it a bit more if I didnt already know what the final boss was going to be like

How were not able to take the plot seriously?

You know, it'd be cool if one of these fucking games had alternative fight sequences. So if you take some motherfucker out real quick he changes his fucking strategy.

I'll see if I can track it down sounds like it's worth a try

I have the feeling that if MGR2 is going to be released, it is going to be the complete opposite of MGR1. All just to continue the MG tradition of the second game being completely different from the first

Wasn't the point of MGS2 to subtly do all the same shit as the first game?

post yfw senator armstrong fight for the first time

RULES OF NATURE

When did you realized that revengeance was better than 5 ?

DmC vs MGR...now that's a battle long since passed.

>When did you realized that revengeance was better than 5 ?

While playing 5

Hasbro pulled the license so they couldn't sell the game anymore. They must've figured they would never get the TF license again, or if they did that re-releasing Devastation wouldn't make money, so they just deleted it (or maybe it was required by Hasbro, not sure how that works). I don't know if Platinum keeps source code, especially for licensed games, but I doubt it.

I didn't even get into how good the music, voice acting, and models/color palette are for this game. The only faults it has are a lack of asset variety in terms of locations and not having a way to just craft the exact weapon you want and instead waiting for it to drop.

Godspeed. Keep in mind that your level cap for each character increases when you beat Commander and Magnus difficulties, and any part of the story that requires your alt mode wasn't designed with Grimlock in mind. You're probably better off learning Optimus first since he's the 2nd best at everything, his cooldown & super are just AoEs, and has no restrictions on what weapons he can equip. Sideswipe and Bumblebee are two different approaches to a more mobile character than Optimus, Wheeljack focuses on the gunplay, and Grimlock is a grappler (the only real grappler in these kinds of action games besides maybe Nero).

Attached: 1518233070792.png (500x500, 328K)

DmC even got another release that improved most things and it still wasn't as good.

Subtly do it, but worse, all as some canon-aiming commentary on the nature of sequels, in contrast to MGS’s straightforward nature. I guess the MGr equivalent will be Raiden going pretty much the same as he did in MGR, only for his actions to lead to the exact opposite of his intentions and Raiden to become a depressed, degenerating husk

>that time based Burrito Pope tried to probe Sony about MGR2

I realized he just said yes to get Geoff off his back but it was nice to pretend

I S Ranked Every difficulty and there's no Boss Rush, what are you talking about?

How is MGR more loyal than MGS3 literal retard

Sunny is the best

I'm right with you there brother.

Attached: 1539288955801.png (600x1078, 485K)

STANDING HERE

Literally the first game in history where the game made it because of the sound track

Yeah, the gameplay is fun and the bosses are cool but overall it's a pretty mediocre game.

But God damnit. That soundtrack.

>how is a game about the staging of a political false flag to kick start a new war and the dangers of technological warfare more loyal than a james bond reskin

Attached: 1551486735006.png (720x589, 74K)

As I said, in the chapter select you can individually select every boss, that's probably what he meant.
Literally just start the game, put in the konami code, and go to chapter select it unlocks it too.

Attached: VR01 Revengeance Sam.webm (852x480, 2.84M)