Take me back bros

Take me back bros.

Attached: 10v76dx0fo621.jpg (3024x3024, 902K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Go2e_-2VxX8
youtube.com/watch?v=BQsxclTIHz8
youtube.com/watch?v=eWxLY8lmHbM&list=PL44BA2DDC90692AEF&index=17
youtube.com/watch?v=G91ziPCo39k
youtube.com/watch?v=izALWraI_f4&list=PL44BA2DDC90692AEF&index=51
youtube.com/watch?v=GhSW9vDTRyY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how did you connect the dream cast to the internet?

RJ-45.

>implying this monitor existed in 1999
You can literally copy the image faggot. What you can't do experience the late 90’s ever again

When are we getting a Dreamcast Mini? Who still gives a shit about the Genesis/Megadrive anymore? We've seen it too many times and the games on it were rereleased an assload of times as well.

you can also find some ethernet attachments for it. theres a raspberry pi way to do it too

>playing Phantasy Star Universe on my xbox 360 back in the day

Fuck I miss that, shit was so comfy

Holy fuck this aesthetic tho

All you need now is a hot Asian Gorl bending over the wooden desk.

Attached: b848aaff04c6c1728ce2eb9dc333467e.png (291x506, 18K)

Starting playing again PSO just a few days ago on dolphin, I miss that era of online games.

imaging having the most kino console get last place in its respective generation

youtube.com/watch?v=Go2e_-2VxX8

the second i hear this something triggers inside me

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Dreamcast didn't fail us. We failed the Dreamcast.

you need decent hardware to emulate dreamcast at good framerates. most of those mini consoles have barebones low spec ARM hardware. a dreamcast mini with good ARM hardware would cast way more than a real dreamcast.

What's even better than the lore of the game itself is the background story behind all the private servers, all the bullshit, all the hacking, the terrible admins of SCHT. Being apart of this game for the past 15 years of my life is some of the most unreal shit. I've witnessed so much weird and crazy shit happen in terms of people's behavior on this game and hacking.

Good times.

Can you play PSO solo? This thread gave me the urge to play some Dreamcast and I happen to have some CD-Rs lying around.

Yes. 99% of the time I played it was solo.

comfy dreamcast time
youtube.com/watch?v=BQsxclTIHz8
i miss it

Sega should release some more keyboards for modern systems. I'd buy it.

Attached: 1552167444085.gif (400x226, 535K)

just play blue burst on ephinea

i get the charm of playing on dreamcast, but if you're gonna play PSO you might as well do it online

yeah OPs image made me look for keyboards like that one

>Dreamcast mini with SegaNet mini
HHHNNNGGG

shit, i used to play it on PS2

i still remember finding a party and then at the end of the mission, the people i was grouped with deciding to RP randomly

The mission ended at this landing zone that was a beachside place, and people were legitimately in character talking about how beautiful it was and how the water felt on their feet and legs, one girl was playing a Beast character and was afraid of getting her fur wet

it was really entertaining, and i'm not even remotely an RPfag, it was just a genuinely good time

The 90s are never coming back

Attached: IMG_20190404_111936.jpg (1024x575, 73K)

Imagine PSO on Dreamcast.. but better

Attached: PSO_screenshot.png (1920x1080, 3.57M)

I just can't fathom grinding from square one all over again. A lot like how I'd love to go back to FFXI, but I just can't do the long term grind again unless there's increased exp gain or something. At least with emulators I can just action replay my way to a good spot.

This. Fuck humanity.

I guess we dodged a bullet with PSO2 never getting an English localization, since they ruined the game and it sucks now. Good job Sega, you're keeping your mistakes far away from us.

there's double and quad XP weekends, and some days your player class can have bonus EXP and drop rates

There's also lots of quality of life features, and they smoothed out the post-150 grind by adding Anguish levels which are higher than ultimate difficulty that give boosted exp and drop rates

Plus there's undoubtedly veterans that'd gladly give you boosts and runs through TTF to get your EXP up really, really quickly

thats probably the cleanest dreamcast ive ever seen

>i waited since the announcement of PSO2 for western release, the vita has already died and we still dont have it
i'd love to see a fan port of PSO to vita, thatd be cute

pic hits so close to home

Time for some adventuring music!

youtube.com/watch?v=eWxLY8lmHbM&list=PL44BA2DDC90692AEF&index=17

>inb4 some homo brings up the soulless gaycube version

Attached: skies-of-arcadia-pic2_zpsfaab3d8f.jpg (480x360, 47K)

i've actually been hurting for an MMO to play lately, i'm waiting for both WoW Classic and FFXIV Shadowbringers to come out, and nothing is really scratching the itch; i'm debating downloading the english translated PSO2 and just fucking around there for a while since i can't play it on my fucking Switch because of region locks

I know there's a new story episode and things, PSO2 might be fun at least for a little while

You can easily get to Lv80 in a week,in any case what you can do is wait a little while since Ephinea has an event for the anniversary of the server where there is EXP x2.
Sadly I don't know when that is coming but if you check the forum you will probably get more info about it.

Oh man, more people talking about the past through rose tinted glasses.

HEY HEY COME ON OVER HAVE SOME FUN WITH CRAZY TAXI
youtube.com/watch?v=G91ziPCo39k

Yeah, it's still easily possible and still a fun game. It's neat playing it on the hardware but you really should play on ephinea and see what you can do about maybe just using a USB dreamcast controller or modifying one. It's a pain in the ass to play on a DC then switch to PC to do it all over again.

You can get an arm development board for 100 usd than will run games at 1080p.
Nvivida nano which is coming out soon and redream has no online so use retroarchs dreamcast emulation.

Elaborate

>oh no no no!
youtube.com/watch?v=izALWraI_f4&list=PL44BA2DDC90692AEF&index=51

Attached: 81-076.jpg (568x432, 42K)

>that boomer that still cant get dreamcast out of his head in 2019
>that boomer that wants dreamcast mini

I'm pretty sure those cheese sega arcade games aged well boomer

Attached: pathetic.png (672x787, 979K)

>HD monitor

also there's a jedi in my captcha lol

Attached: IMG_20190406_162904.jpg (893x1230, 140K)

It's hard to explain, you kinda just had to be there.

People hacking on the dreamcast to corrupt other players characters, people ddos'ing private servers and getting arrested for it, people doxxing each other, SCHT just randomly closing down for a while and deleting their entire playerbase's accounts. A lot of the people on the private servers are the same people who were on sega servers back in the day. The history of the player base is ridiculous.

I suppose these things happen in any online game though and I'm just looking at it with nostalgia.

Sega can't even make proper Mega Drive minis.

Silly to post a pro-boomer image when you're disparaging boomers. Here's a better one for you.

Attached: 1546981942635.png (1199x630, 1.19M)

I am curious how an mmo would have played out on my childhood's available tech. Modems kinda suck, but if bandwidth requirements were low enough, it might have been fine.

Attached: cbm_vic-20_system.jpg (2048x1536, 620K)

Attached: 1526653531213.png (1244x717, 931K)

>crazy taxi
>chu chu rocket
>daytona usa
>house of the dead/typing of the dead
>afterburner 2
>outrun
>and more
they did

you're forgetting Sega Bass Fishing

Pso2 or pso3 to the west never
Thanks Sega I love sonic

>got my brothers C64 plus a carton of disks full of shit, because he wanted to throw it away
>still havent touched it 10 years lated
I wonder if that thing's still working.

i also forgot samba de amigo
classics

I miss v1 when hunters could equip spread needle and shit, fucking blue burst is fun at first but the more you play it the more you realize the various class nerfs (some unneeded) shit all over the high level experience, also needing shit to have 80% hit on it to make contact with anything was aids

Attached: 1543655381978.jpg (651x493, 32K)

or EGG

>region lock
there isn't one. It's just the Switch is streaming it and it's absolute shit even in Japan it's supposedly absolute poop to play. But yeah the PC english patch is alright.

And Yakuza and Miku and Total War

you can grind easy in PSO and FFXI now, FFXI isn't quite the same but no longer requires xp parties and once you start the rhapsodies quests you get permanent key items that increase your xp gain by a shit load

Don't turn it on cold after this many years. Replace the capacitors before you try, or you may fry some rare chips. It's worth fixing the thing up.

Why the fuck would you need 80 hit? Are you trying to melee with a fucking fonewm or something?

I can use 0 hit weapons with my HUcast on ultimate just fine in blue burst. Unless you're on ultima server where they fucked up the balance and every attack misses unless you have their stupid ass custom gear.

We get all of those though
Also
>total war
Hello incel

And yet it surprisingly doesn't clash too much, at least with this lighting. But yeah, given the autistic choice I'd probably go for a CRT or an older, 4:3 LCD monitor.

>crazy taxi
>daytona USA

>sega bass fishing

all remade on modern systems. Sip harder.

it depends on your class I guess, and how fast you are trying to progress in ultimate outside of being carried. If you are patient and just grind out levels you don't need insane hit but it makes the pacing of ultimate so much less painful if you have high hit weapons

okay real talks 00s>90s

I meant those are games we get along with Sonic in the west. They're the only ones Sega really gives a hoot about.

Yeah I guess. Ultimate does suck in the beginning. I usually grind very hard til like 100. If you get units like God/Arm and God/Power though, it's not too bad.

nvidia nano does seem good, but at $100 for only the board itself it's going to be very expensive for a mini console after they throw in the controller, games, custom housing, and paying retailers to stock it. easily pushing it to $150+ which is already way more than people would pay for a mini console, for instance ps classic is now $40 at gamestop.

Schthack didn't delete the playerbase accounts on purpose, their hard drive failed and they literally didn't have a backup because they spent all the donation money on themselves.

With older game engines like the og unity build you can get bandwidth in the kbps. Quake three uses almost no kbps.

I was about to start it just right now.
>after this many years
I said I got from him about ten years ago which is true, but I think the last time it got used was in the early 90s. Thanks for the advice.

Attached: [Exiled-Destiny]_Ninja_Nonsense_Ep04_(5F5A0BE7).mkv_20181012_155854.443.png (640x480, 408K)

Anyone play this shit back in the day? This along with things like grandia 2, PSO and tech romancer justified my purchase of the dreamcast

Attached: record of lodoss war.jpg (300x300, 33K)

For that old tech, the game would have to function when limited between 300 and 9600 bits per second. Not saying it couldn't be done, but it would take some magical voodoo.

PSO2 is fun

It was made in the late 70's or early 80's so it was old when you got it from him. The original capacitors are made of oil and paper, which go acidic internally and start to leak excess power. There is also a voltage rugulator in there that could stand to be replaced with something newer and cooler. Also the RF modulators are notorious for rusting. HUGE HUGE issue, the power bricks are ticking time bombs that are waiting for a chance to fry the thing.

They're done with AtGames so the new MegaDrive Mini should be fine. Hopefully.

>crazy taxi
>daytona USA
what about them, they play great still

No, SoJ fucked around too much and by the time Sega finally released a decent console without any faggotry, it was too late.
On launch there were also a lot of faulty units, that didn't help either.
The death of the Dreamcast was entirely Sega's fault

post more 10/10 comfy images

Attached: 1428814328222.jpg (2334x3500, 3.06M)

No, but from what I've seen it reminds me alot of the Blood Omen.

What was the last good/real era with soul here?

Attached: eraszoomer.png (1400x1039, 3.15M)

What happened to bakugun?

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

It's worth protecting its good parts. Building a machine from new parts can run upwards of $600.

Of course you could just emulate to play all the games, and any computer can do that.

OP is a hot girl

Late Gen Y (although there was some trickle of soul into early Gen Z). 2008 is about the point where things took the biggest nosedive into shitness that we've only recently begun to break from (and not entirely for the better).

its more of a diablo clone really but still one of the more fun ones I've played, its sorta like shining force neo and exa, where its still story driven and what not but just uses the diablo arpg style and items and shit

Sega Ass Fisting

there was a recent reboot on cartoon network this year. look up bakugan battle planet

WHY DO YOU BRING ME SO MUCH ANGUISH

Attached: 1540687394832.jpg (580x548, 34K)

youtube.com/watch?v=GhSW9vDTRyY

where's the psp2i patch

Attached: 1551388052802.jpg (240x240, 19K)

how would you describe pso art style and aesthetics?
how to recreate?

Is it worth getting one of those wireless internet adaptors for the Dreamcast?
I've heard PSO is still alive but wasn't sure how big the population is.

google "y2k aesthetic"