What are video game conventions like?

Attached: 1533801889970.jpg (650x1156, 91K)

I wouldn't know, I don't go to them. I'm straight btw.

probably shit like every other kind of convention

Filles with degens drinking and looking for attention with their cosplays
Panels on many vidya/internet culture subjects mostly ran by fans, most are really bad some are based
Actually a lot of games, some cons setup arcades filled with imported arcade cabs like japanese rhythm games
Lots of small tournaments to enter, small prizes
Every con has merch booths that sell art prints and keychains, sometimes higher ticket items
Video game cons are fun. You should go to one every year or so

Went to my first one at PAX last Sunday. Games were lackluster, really crowded, but people were fascinating and it was interesting to see what showed up, (Square Enix had Left Alive stations. Wut?).

I'm lucky that I live in Boston because if I flew for several hours to go, I would have been really disenchanted.

That's a byeah.

Stinky.

haha

Chipman is the untermensch personified

Video game conventions are for nerds. You don't see the target audience for Fifa, Call of Duty, GTA, or Madden NFL attending them for obvious reasons.

I pray to christ that I never find out.

ok, what's the problem exactly?

when pax was just starting it was amazing. companies giving out swag at nearly every booth, and not just shirts and shit. EA's skate 3 booths were giving away actual skate decks to people playing the fucking game early. how fucking awesome was that?

couple years in you still had big companies making great games people were looking forward to, showing them off early and giving you swag just for waiting around to watch. shit like portal 2 and ass creed games when people were still interested in them. not as much swag, but more going on in the expo halls than otherwise.

then sjw shit started setting in, panels became a fucking joke and companies raffled off swag or gave away the same useless shit that no one wanted like pens and keychains and gay shit you'd never actually use with their shitty company logos on them. most of them also stopped giving shirts away. most if not all games being shown were also gay as fuck and no one gave a shit about waiting in line to see them. people who attended got more and more weird and you with a genuine interest feel more and more out of touch as time goes on. then you just stop going because less about the community and more about it being a huge marketing racket while trying to keep mentally ill people from shitting all over your expo halls or suing you for trauma.

Don't like his looks fool you. Bob is legit an evil person.

They smell funny

i only ever went to 2 vidya conventions, one ehre in Brazil and Tokyo game show.

BGS was awful, the lines were fucking huge for everything and it was noisy as fuck. TGS was fucking awesome though.

More than anything I miss the booth babes. Glad I got a chance to go before they all got tossed out. They were all cool about taking pictures and would even let me get lewd shots with them like being in the middle of two girls with my arms around them and one of legs up on me. Also got some shot with them bullying me. It's way the best day of my life.

Attached: 1290423.jpg (680x671, 121K)

I went to an anime and game convention in Florida dressed up as something for the first time. Was fun taking pictures with people. It had a dedicated arcade room too where I played some Initial D.

Attached: 20181215_203002_1545277389564.jpg (1504x2016, 402K)

Fuck, I miss old PAX.
It started going to shit circa 2014, just like the rest of videogaming.

>Square Enix had Left Alive stations. Wut?
Square Enix's NA community team is notoriously retarded

Pretty neat, describes it perfectly, at least the one I attended in some wearhouse outside of Philly that is

Nigga that shits pure capitalism, shit sells so they gear more towards that.
You're just angry your shit got popular and the things you like need money to keep going.

The smell is terrible. It's a bit like CEX, but on an industrial scale.

All bong conventions are terrible

I want to show that Polnareff my Silver Chariot.

have sex

it smells like SHIT