Resident Evil

What's the best Resident Evil and why is it 7?

Attached: Ql3q8R4.gif (720x404, 2.87M)

RE7 is literally an anti-Resident Evil game.

That's what they said about 4

Who did and when?
I doubt you were even old enough to legally post on this site back in 2005.

Haha. The zoomer guy. I love it when you post on RE threads.

I'm 100% legit Millennial boomer, m8. Nice try.

But anyway, RE7 captures the survival horror gameplay of classic RE but spruces the formula up with a great story. It'll be looked back on as a classic, but we're still in the cynical phase of the game.

Prove me wrong

>RE7 captures the survival horror gameplay of classic RE
Like hell it does. It's exactly the same shit as Outlast and folks, with slapped on, poor ""combat"".

>with a great story.
Oh sorry, didn't realize you were just b8'ing.

It's not nostalgia if you aren't longing for ye olden days, it's more like a remastering of the original formula than it is a nostalgic pursuit.

Kek. You're a wonder zoomer guy

>but we're still in the cynical phase of the game.
No, we are done with the honeymoon period where the ignorant zoomer homos bite any shill bait there is for the latest, overhyped AAA trash.

It's not like Outlast. Outlast has no combst... or puzzles. Thstvwssca walking simulator. Different game

>It's exactly the same shit as Outlast and folks, with slapped on, poor ""combat"".

Attached: The Great Hollow.jpg (451x432, 24K)

Outlast has no combat. That was a walking simulator. RE7 is a camp masterpiece filled with over-the-top and memorable moments and will eventually be remembered in reverence the way MGS3 was for the stealth action genre.

>It's not like Outlast. Outlast has no combst... or puzzles.
The core design, guidance of the player from set-piece to another, and the overall use of seamless first-person cinematics, are all completely Outlast-like. The addition of "combat" does change this element.

RE7 is unironically one of the worst games this entire decade, and only seem to attract braindead morons like (You), who think that rushed PT-bait trash like such would be even worth mentioning this day and age.

>RE7 one of the worst games of this decade
It's okay to like it, user

And that's a good thing

No, it really is not. That shows some extremely disgusting acceptance of pure mediocrity as the latest "golden standard", AKA enables shitty game design and milking old franchises with rushed, off-the-shelf, hack-job sequels / reboots / remakes.

On the contrary. Even more so when the nufags keep praising that shit to heavens, using the "b-but it's totally like the original game!! It even has a statue puzzle!!" -meme as their argument.

>outlast invented linear video games
>outlast invented first person cutscenes
are you for real?

>Wah Wah why isn't it the same shit over and over again

Attached: 1554403811976.png (625x626, 16K)

You need to get a grip. You sound like you unusually hate it and have therefore thrown objectivity out the window. REmake is a good game, but it loses replay value because the story was designed at the beginning of the 3d era. That's why I wish they would have got Pearsey to spruce up REmake 2's story.

It's remake 1 and 2

Attached: claire_elevator.jpg (687x684, 80K)

I like residemt evil four the most (:

It isn’t but it’s a good game remake is the best
Remake
Re2 remake
Re4
Re7
Re2
The rest

Jack was the best part of the whole game

Maybe. Personally I feel like RE7 just had more character. REmake 1 is definitely immersive the first time through, butwhen I think about replaying it I dread the dogs. The auto aim doesn't work well enough to my liking. REmake 2 might be better than REmake 1 actually. My scores were:

REmake 2 - 7.5/10
REmake 1 - 10/10
RE4 - 9/10
RE7 - 10/10

I think I'm still in the cynical phase for REmake 2.

scary family trope is the best trope

>RE7 is unironically one of the worst games this entire decade

Attached: received_424724371611451.gif (294x233, 376K)

"Zoe, get yo ass back to the house. I will deal with you later!" Like a huge monstrosity is going to punish a girl. Ridiculous. Jack's lines and the chainsaw battle practically carry the game to greatness.

RE7 had a DREADFUL final third that sinks what was otherwise a fantastic return to form. That and the Oo-I mean Molded are the most boring monsters in the series.

What's the matter son, you out of ammo?

>house of horror simulator for the first half hour
>heavily scripted events all throughout the game, player often feels like a passenger instead of the driver
>very little enemy variety and the few enemies the game does have are not interesting to interact with
>first person perspective very clearly chosen to support the VR gimmick
>terrible main character whose barely says anything besides fuck
it's definitely a step in the right direction compared to 6, they brought back a lot of the core mechanics of the franchise and at least attempted to make it a horror game, it's a really mediocre resident evil game but I think it lays a good groundwork for 8 being potentially really good

Ooaa boy, now look whatcha done mother fucker

I still think we're in the cynical phase. I thought the third act was bad the first time I played it too, but then I played through it again and found the simplest of things that made that plot twist section worth it: the orchestra hits as you take down Evie's final form. And the creepy somewhat comical line, "I just wanted a family!"

And 4, 5 and 6 weren't?

Attached: 1364808951130.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

RE7 is great, on par with RE4

If it was 3rd person, it'd by my favorite horror game lately. But this 1st person horror stuff is modern found footage tier. Lazy and stream bait.

Evie was a terrible final boss too, which I'm convinced you cannot die to. The first The Evil Within had a horrible final boss, but you could at least die to it and shooting rockets at it's big ass and then shooting it right in the fucking head was satisfying.

I'M AN OLD MAN SON
YOU CAN'T TAKE AN OLD MAN

Attached: Jack.png (278x258, 88K)

Yeah, third person with fixed camera angles would have made RE7 better, I do agree. I lower my RE7 score from 10 to 9

So basically RE7, REmake 1, REmake 2, and RE4 are all 9/10 .

They're all really close to perfection in the survival horror genre, but I do think had RE7 a fixed camera it'd be perfect.

GROOOOOOVY

Attached: groovyjack.jpg (520x483, 63K)

>re4 and re7 are amazing

Attached: becca_face_unimpressed3.jpg (354x390, 25K)

>I base my opinions off of youtube video essays

Attached: jill_sandwich.jpg (320x281, 16K)

Essentially, all four of the big ones (REmake 1, REmake 2, RE4, RE7) are good in their own right, they just offer slightly different experiences. Probably because no studio wants to waste all their good ideas in one game.

RE7 is still my favorite because of the story, characters and the chainsaw showdown. And literally everything else.

i liked the moldy monster and the part where you get to pretend like you are driving the car vroom vroom

>Projecting this hard

Attached: claire_face_phone.jpg (1077x1080, 145K)

Claire. Claire Redfield.

Attached: 1552098012288.jpg (652x1024, 100K)

Now you're just being silly, like the game, and I love it.

>>heavily scripted events all throughout the game, player often feels like a passenger instead of the driver
this is what bothered me the most. Replaying was a chore since you're forced to watch at least 30minutes of unskippable cutscenes.

RE7
>cut out the best parts to put in DLC
>credfield punching the piss out of molted
>hick uncle punching the fuck out of everything to protect waifu/niece
Fuck capcom

Anyway, I beat REmake 1 twice since I got Origins Collection on Wednesday and now I get to play RE0 and see how it holds up! Yay!

But the game does the cutscene thing as good as MGS. Yes, I like MGS cutscenes, yet most movies bore me.

>re7
>Hallway simulator
>Boring molded enemy that isn't scary
>1/3 of the game is playable scripted cutscene

Attached: jill_face_disgust3.jpg (494x612, 130K)

Have sex

Attached: claire_face_suprised1.jpg (674x490, 35K)

Can you imagine the chainsaw fight in third person? It would have been Metal Gear Solid-tier, which is a good thing.

>1/3 of the game is playable scripted cutscene
>1/3 unskippable cutscene

/3 of the game is playable scripted cutscene
Literally RE series as a whole

Claire is adorable.

Attached: 1549431767657.jpg (925x852, 140K)

It's a good game. With my scoring I was trying to be objective. All the big REs are the epitome of either 9s or 10, depending on how you look at it. They all have good ideas and are each a unique experience. I just feel that had RE7 been fixed camera third person, it would be the 10 surrounded by 9s.

t. Chris Redfield

Yeah it's not skippable, that's why it's bad. In any other re game you can skip it. In re7 it's part of the "gameplay"

Attached: becca_scold.gif (340x231, 2.66M)

We're nit-picking a bit. I would be angered if those cutscenes were slow and unentertaining, but they're not.

>Re4
>9 or 10

Attached: becca_lab_yousure.gif (320x389, 1.85M)

Maybe not. I've had time to think in this thread. I really like RE4's combat - it feels crunchy and satisfying to get headshots. I think it's worthy of a 9, but with more time spent with the series, it might go lower. I try to base my scores on replayability focused on immersion - asking: do I want to return to this world again?

yeah posting on Yea Forums gets you arrested

To be honest I think Resident Evil might be the most consistently good game series. From the mainline series you could really only call 6 a bad game. Yes 5 is good. I enjoyed every single Resident Evil game I played except 6.

>not slow and un-entertaining,
stop it

6 was good though.

That's how I'm starting to feel. All of the main games in the series are good so far. I still have 5, 6 and 0 to go. They're as consistent as MGS, except for MGS2. I hate MGS2

>Yes 5 is good
Now that's more like it

Attached: jillbutts6.jpg (1312x1400, 974K)

Fair enough but you still get what I'm saying. Resident Evil is a consistently good game series.

Finally stopped gimping people by forcing them to equip weapons but now "too easy"

so we get RNG gun damage.. awesome.

Metal Gear is my favourite game series but I still think Resident Evil is more consistently good. MG, MG2, MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 are all good but 4, PO, Peace Walker and 5 are not good.

I like 4 and 5. My favorite is 3 though. 5 was carried by the gameplay, and 4 by the cutscenes, which a lot of people didn't like it seems

For me it's resident evil remake

Attached: Jillvoth_talk_A1.webm (576x720, 463K)

Claire is the best resident evil

Attached: claire_face_cute992.jpg (773x767, 92K)

Claire is for loving forever.

Attached: 1551864747740.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

DAB ON THEM LUL

>one campaign (RE1 had 2, RE2 had 4 + 2, RE3 wasn't planned to be a sequel and was still longer than the average campaign plus Mercs)
>no extra modes
>Madhouse only moves one key item location, literally just making it a glorified hard mode
>majority of the game is linear, the Guest House being a scripted mess both times you're in there, the Funhouse being a quite literal straight line and the boat being a confusing mess of rooms that look exactly the same
>more DLC than just about every RE game (and no, RE6's costumes isn't comparable to RE7's locked off content)
>incredibly short for an RE game while also being incredibly unmemorable past the Funhouse
>final boss is a joke
>characters are flat and dull outside of Jack and Zoe (and before you say "Just like RE1!!!11!1", they still joked with each other, gave a shit when somebody died (those descriptions of the body's are their thoughts), etc.)
>story is shit, only good part is referencing HCF
>DLC creates plotholes about Evelyn

Attached: 1441776653018.jpg (650x368, 63K)

Going to play SH2 in a bit. Just beat 1 and loved it. Probably one of the best games for PS1

Yeah, the mainline RE games are surprisingly all great. Only outliers would be 6 and 0 is a bit mediocre all in all.
The fact that when there are discussions about the best game in the series and we see at least one post for each of the mainline games is a testament to that. Only issue is the faggots who constantly try to play it safe and just post "REmake>4>2". They're like the generic Butter My Biscuit Shinji 3x3 Yea Forums fucking hates.

Attached: 36096039_p1_master1200.jpg (600x800, 355K)

RE2 Remake hardcore mode is too hard, sometimes zombies take 17 bullets to the head to die what the fuck, I'm in the sewers and I'm fucked ;_;

except no one says Code Veronica X, RE5, RE3, RE0 or RE6 is the best game, so no

Shoot out their legs then either get behind them and knife them, or just run past them. It's a lot easier if you get the infinite knife first.

Kill yourself Steve, your game is worse than eating raw dog shit.

Claire cares

Attached: claire_face_happy.jpg (629x683, 65K)

BasicallI look for games that create comfy little worlds with my own game design theory influencing it. Dark Souls woke me up to the fact that there are good single player games out there. I was in high school during the COD/Halo era, and there weren't many noteworthy games coming out then.

First I asked myself what I liked about Dark Souls, which mainly came to be the world design. It's relatively open world yet not so open world as to be a borin repetitive slog like I find Fallout to be, for example. They keep the world nice and comfy. So I looked at games and played MGS3, and yet again I found a similar world design to DaS. It also had boss battles and a good story. All the MGS games are solid to me except 2 and PW.

Then I found Yakuza, Monster Hunter World, Persona 5, and of course, Resident Evil. Most Resident Evil games keep to a Souls-like world design.

I missed a lot of good games due to growing up during the Halo/COD craze

>TLDR: Games with great design follow a simple formula. Open yet small open worlds with shortcuts opening up as you progress and some sort of survival element that provides tension

>except no one says Code Veronica X,
I mean, I used to, and when I go to /vr/ I see some people
>RE5,
Newfag
>RE3,
Newfag
>RE0
Beccafags do
>RE6
Newfag

Claire a cutie.

Attached: 1552758790196.jpg (1080x810, 42K)

Play resident evil remake

Attached: becca_runtowards.webm (1920x1080, 246K)