How the fuck is this dying after less than 3 years? This is like Artifact in slow motion

How the fuck is this dying after less than 3 years? This is like Artifact in slow motion.

Attached: zJho2zyv.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hero_shooters
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeroShooter
twitter.com/Slasher/status/1114229329448308736
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is it actually dying though? I certainly hope it is but I have my doubts

esports

low skill ceiling
uncomfy
cancerous online players. a lot of peoples first fps
reported for not playing 'roles'
retarded dev

its like tf2 but take away all the fun and replace it with the worst parts of league. why do you think.

Attached: 1554447539983.png (248x253, 61K)

Because it's the most boring fucking game ever made.

I heard even quickplay is just as sweaty as comp.

If they did what Halo did in terms of customized game modes, I guarantee the game would be much better off. I have no idea why games don't do something like that anymore. CoD comes to mind, but nothing else.

Hero shooters are fucking boring

Some reasons:
>slow updates
>terrible new characters that don't bring much to the lore
>frustrating gameplay with stuns and shit
>forced 6v6 just doesn't work, players never adapted to it
>Blizz caring about e-sport

it is. theres no escape, unless you play the funmodes.

>Hero shooters are fucking boring

Attached: reaction heavy is not amused.jpg (836x770, 66K)

implying it wasnt already dying 6 months after release

I think there are custom games but it's overlooked

You can change the rules?

>Calling TF2 a hero shooter

Attached: 1554529701993.png (914x978, 1M)

im 95% sure its declining but I dont think its dead

Every six hours with this tired fucking thread

The game has no 'vision'. they make changes to the game based entirely on reactionary community feedback with no idea of what they want the game to be, and the game is much worse off for it.
The period right after they added Ana was the golden age, after that none of the decisions they make have been consistent. I bought into OW because I saw what it COULD be, and not what it was; and I managed to hold out hope until they released the fucking hamster (a character with an interesting kit), and I realized that nothing they add to the game could retroactively fix all the garbage they've already put it there. They refuse to admit they're wrong and get rid of things that don't work. Example: competitive points will never be used to buy anything outside of the gold skins because they hate the idea of competitive points making comp the 'default' mode, but they won't just take them out of the game.

I could rant for hours about how bad they fucked this game, I had such high hopes for it and it was squandered by infamous Blizzard mismanagement. Never buying another Blizzard game again.

The one good thing about this game is that I learned to NEVER buy a game based on what I see in it and rather on what it is.

>Overwatch is basically a TF2 clone
>not the same genre

Attached: dancing heavy.gif (256x256, 1.82M)

The whole "hero-shooter" is just PR for "no, really, this is a totally new genre that WE, BLIZZARD, have invented because we're so creative!"
Call it what it is, class based shooter.

I was just on this morning, and I got matches back to back. And I was playing arcade

esports

>The whole "hero-shooter" is just PR for "no, really, this is a totally new genre that WE, BLIZZARD, have invented because we're so creative!"
Imagine being so insecure that you hear things no one ever said

>FPS
>strongest comp right now is one where you don't have to aim

What did Blizzard mean by this?

OBSESSED

Attached: Gangplank_7.jpg (1215x717, 121K)

It's got a stable player base but it's definitely not growing.

Sounds like Overwatch is accomplishing it's goal of appealing to people who are terrible at video games.

Does that make anything I said in my essay untrue? The game is carried entirely by its visual polish--it's the only thing that's remained consistent since launch.

is doomfist meta now? how is the new hero?

Alright then, then what is the fundamental difference between class based shooter and hero shooter? How is that not a PR tactic to make themselves look more innovative than they actually are?
It's the Ubisoft tactic of calling stuff iconic before it's even released.

Attached: uk_vigilantel_edition_99956.jpg (718x404, 240K)

How the fuck is this dying after less than 20 years? This is like Artifact in slow motion. XD

Attached: 456784579831.png (413x549, 54K)

3 years? nigga, this game is dead since year 1

every new character they add either has shields or stuns or both and they're too fucking dumb to understand that those two things are by far the worst parts of the game

they keep on actively discouraging actually killing things but try to make every character good at killing things

it's so fucking backwards and ridiculous i'm surprised it's lived even this long

with league? nah.

>Alright then, then what is the fundamental difference between class based shooter and hero shooter?
No one said there was one
>How is that not a PR tactic to make themselves look more innovative than they actually are?
Prove your own retarded claim first, valvecuck

All I said was that it wasn't dead like you seething faggots claim it is every day. I don't care about your autistic essay

>not even 3 posts in and someone mentions TF2 already
O B S E S S E D
S E E T H I N G
T F 2 F A G S

Attached: 1554361467327.png (500x562, 560K)

Blizzard Balance™ and community management made it so that the only people that still play are the most deluded of blizzdrones, tranny healsluts, and waifuniggers

Attached: nice hussle tons of fun.gif (640x360, 2.85M)

RENT FREE

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 67K)

nah.

Why should a game last more than a year at most? Life is too short to stick to the same stuff for too long.

i wished OW was a better tf2

it was not, clearly

>every new character they add either has shields or stuns or both
Ashe and Baptiste have neither of those things
>they keep on actively discouraging actually killing things
What does that even mean?

get over it
league is a good game and will be played for the next 100 years

Yeah, you can change most values or even what the objective of the match is. But getting 12 people together is kinda tough, and you don't gain EXP through it so most people ignore it.

Attached: sym.jpg (5511x4566, 926K)

*le yawwwwn*
You guys been saying this been dying since launch.

so will gacha

but gacha aint good

just accept you like a shitty thing

Boring. He's essentially a diversity hire that's only in the game because their carefully crafted diversity schedule requires them to have a black man.

Which would suck if you actually wanted to play a black dude because he's boring as fuck. He's a hero based entirely around a glorified soldier-heal.

He's not wrong

Why are you asking that faggot for a definition he never claimed and it was made by you to prove your own point?
Is this next gen strawmanning?

Honestly the skill ceiling is low as fuck. I play maybe once every 2-3 seasons and just play until I hit top 500 then quit. I am EU though which I think is a bit easier than NA.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>league is a good game
TOPPEST kek.
Leddit's that way, Mr. Tienenman Square Massacre

Attached: ose.jpg (468x571, 57K)

Calm down, I wasn't even the one you were talking to with the Heavy posts.
Second, all you have to do is look at how the term even came into use. Blizzard were the ones to start using it as if it was a new genre, but it means nothing. All other vidya terms are neutral. FPS, TPS, cover-based shooter, class-based shooter, etc. Then you have exceptions like Metroidvania or Soulsborne, terms that just caught on before a more neutral name could be found.
Then you have hero shooter, a meaningless term that doesn't say anything about what the gameplay is beyond, it's a shooter. It'd be like if Valve called TF2 a mercenary shooter, or EA called Battlefront a space shooter. It's a meaningless term that only a PR guy could've come up with.

I remember there's a widow training lobby where only headshots do damage and her hook as no cooldown. It goes forever too so you can play until you're bored.

But like the other user says you don't get xp here.

'dead' and 'dying' are terms used more relatively than objectively. You can still get into games of Fucking Dirty Bomb even though they discontinued development.
>I don't care about your autistic essay
That's fine. Probably my fault for not mentioning that I didn't think the game was dying or dead in said autistic essay. Still doesn't excuse any of the terrible management decisions they made. OW could be much bigger if they made better decisions with what to do with it, but it still has enough money poured into development and marketing to keep it going.

The biggest OW supporters were likely people hoping for an improved, or at least modern TF2. So seeing how none of that came to be, it's understandable the comparison.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26K)

>Game designed around having 2 of each hero type on each team
>twice as many dps heroes as tank or healers
>have to pick either qp,comp, or arcade
>everyone in qp and arcade is worse than a bronze competitive player besides ffa tryhards
>stuck playing the same few heroes in comp, the worst players on the team always hoard the dps slots
>All updates are designed around promoting an esports league that'd have 0 viewers if not for free skins
>QP is a shitshow where nobody cares
Designing an online game around teamwork is a fucking mistake, making difficult classes attractive to bad players is a mistake, splitting your best and worst players into two separate gamemodes with no intermediate is a mistake

TF2 has never called itself a "hero shooter", it is a class-based hat-based shooter.

league used to be a good game in season 2 to 5, it's shit now get over it. every champion """rework""" they do is dogshit and ruins the game further

It's not and has more players than almost any other game, you just hate it specifically because it's popular. Ironically if it was dead you'd want edgy cred by defending it as too hard for normies for whatever drivel.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hero_shooters
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeroShooter

>game designed around 2 of each hero type on each team

It hasn't been that way for almost a year

>citing wikipedia

Literally the only place it's called that. Find me 1 piece of official media where TF2 is called a "hero shooter."

Attached: Untitled.png (1592x862, 342K)

Well, who am I to argue against tvtropes or a list that someone half-assed on Wikipedia.

cringe assfaggots players

name one team comp that works that doesn't have at least 2 tanks and healers

Attached: P31acYBRd-3D6aEfq1W3JZrQuTWb8_DQPEBwn8HY4pA.jpg (500x701, 86K)

>trash community
>forced esports league
>recycled content
>bland characters
>bland maps
>shitty skins
>goats meta
>blizzard's absolute refusal to aknowledge that goats is absolute abhorrent trash and needs to be removed
>Overwatch Gamer Social Score(TM)

yadee yadee yadda

That's not what I meant, DPS heroes are rarely played

Unfortunately no its not. A few of my friends and this one fucking Chad I work with play it daily and I always ask if they have issues finding a game and they never do. I have to hold in my rage.

>claim TF2 was never called a hero shooter
>see it being called a hero shooter
>no argument
>discredit the source
Nice.

?????????????????

Delete this right fucking now. Do NOT make me repeat myself this is your fault if you are harmed.

You asking that made me realize that there is a big distinction between the two.

Because it’s managed by blizzard, the company that banned some random basedboy from the crowd at event for making an sign because they thought he was a white nationalist. The company is run by Kotaku people now, it’s no surprise the quality of their games has went downhill.

>overwatch
>tf2 clone
they aren't even similar

And Brianna Wu quoting her own article on wikipedia is a valid source as well.

>That image
Why are you posting a racist white power symbol?

Again, not an argument

Overwatch is ASSFAGGOTS made from TF2 map instead of WC3 map.

Attached: 2grzgx.jpg (679x867, 83K)

Didn't your teacher ever tell you that Wikipedia is not a valid source?

Because blizz forgot what makes stuff fun and pandered to shitty balance suggestions by esports and pro scene so the general userbase stopped having fun.

>trying to make Blizzturd's marketing gimmick into legitimate genre
Please stop. It's moba. If game is entirely focused around five drooling retards pressing ult button to win after doing literally nothing for a few minutes, it's moba.

Attached: 1538840394139.jpg (599x624, 112K)

>i dont care about your autistic essay
Go back to Twitter if you can't read anything longer than whatever the fuck limit twitter is then you giant fucking lovely person

Good thing I also used a source that WASN'T wikipedia. Not that it matters, because you can't argue against the facts, only the source. Didn't YOUR teach you that's a logical fallacy
>number of actual arguments in this post: 0

ironically most of the pro scene is starting to dislike the game as well

The game is too sterilized. Any bug, any glitch that breaks how a character is supposed to be played is fixed in a week. There is no player creativity, no freedom. They saw that TF2 had characters with different roles, but never understood why and how they work to compliment each other. Playing as a tank is fucking boring, you just stand there and take the hits for your team, hoping that they can do better than the other team. Same thing with healing, it's a no brainer. There's no penalty for healing someone under fire, or overhealing. Map design is shit all over with most maps having chokepoints for Reinhardt, which in turn makes most skirmishes two teams attacking the enemy's Reinhardt. The least Blizz could do is give people the option to make their own maps and host their servers, but they are too sterilized for that.

They made a game without understand why people liked TF2. They took everything that was fun in TF2, and made it clean for your average normie, dumbing down any complexity and fun that the game has. Can't have any character swearing, making fun of one another, people inventing stuff, can't do nothing besides pick a character, play that role and god forbid you as much as think about playing Torbjorn on attack or you will be reported and you WILL be banned.

I don't even hate Overwatch, I quite liked once it came out, but then I started to noticed it's flaw, and why I still come back to play TF2 every so often. It's not a bad game per say, it's squandered potential. That's even worse.

Attached: 1554079256506.png (127x122, 14K)

No.

Attached: DQYb6egWAAAIA9K.png (848x560, 336K)

its fucking embarrassing it takes more time to find a match in this shit game than fucking titanfall 2 in ps4

Should've played Battleborn, Paladins or TF2
This is the future you chose

>. Any bug, any glitch that breaks how a character is supposed to be played is fixed in a week.
>WOOOOOOOW I CAN'T BELIEVE I CAN'T AUTO WIN BY HIDING IN THE WALLS AND INSTAKILLING EVERYONE BY PRESSING R2

Can you go post shitty bait in a console war thread or something? Nobody is laughing.

I mean you made the bigger shitpost my dude. Literally everything you posted was stupid.

It's not supposed to be funny, Turd Fartress cuck. And just because you got called out on your retardation doesn't mean it's bait. Go back to your leddit circlejerk hugbox if you're triggered. MY Yea Forums is not your nanny

this honestly, the players are by far the worst thing about it though.

But their names are Lena and Jeremy...

>Yea Forums dooms Overwatch as its league is currently the most popular stream on twitch

seriously what is up with you guys constantly calling the game dead when there's zero indication for it?
also big lol at the people going "well I cant find a match", that's brainlet reasoning and you retards actually bought the game, yikes

>all class-based shooters are now hero shooters because Blizzturd's marketing team convinced me it's a thing
Fuck off nigger. TF Classic is a hero shooter? Star Wars Battlefront is a hero shooter? C&C Renegade is a hero shooter?
What about WASD-ASSFAGGOTS? Was Gigantic a hero shooter? Or maybe Smite?
And what about Battlerite?

Attached: 1383681790718.gif (315x315, 1.34M)

Overwatch only seems to be alive because blizzard is pumping so much money into esports

It's not even that. I remember back when there was a bug that allow Genji to propel himself into the air if he used his dash at the right angle at a edge. That was some nice tech that took skill, didn't break the game, allowed the player to get to places without engaging with the enemy, etc. They took it out because it wasn't intended.

Fucking half the things in TF2 aren't as intended. But they are fun things to do that don't break the game. That's what Blizz doesn't understand. They want to make sure that you only play as they intended to, nothing more. It's boring after a while.

Yeah, just ignore the OTHER sources saying the same thing. You still have no argument.

>Gigantic
it didn't deserve it's fate in the slightest.

Attached: 1546403588484.png (300x300, 8K)

Explain. What's stupid about his post? OW IS sterile. Genji's animation cancels were one of the first things they ever patched out of the game because they didn't want Genji to be played that way. Anything that strays from how they view the game should be played is removed. Characters have a a distinct role and if you want to play a different role, you swap characters. Comparatively, in TF2 you can customize your loadout to craft your own playstyle and your cosmetics to make your scout feel different than Pablo.hernandez.2011's.

The character designs and dialogue in Overwatch are also sterilized. The game has to have something to appeal to everybody, so nothing that would alienate someone is in the game. Mei is chinese but what chinese characteristics does she have? What's her personality or interests? Characters are harder to idenitfy with because there's nothing there to identify with. The most developed characters are the ones with comics--even then Zarya has a comic but what more to her is there other than "athlete that hates robots". Most of the characters are one dimensional unless you go far out of your way to investigate who they are, which most players won't do. They find a character they like because of the visual design or their kit.
In TF2, the personalities of the characters are apparent from their voicelines, the callout menu, their taunts, etc.

>Try playing OW again after two years
>Symmetra was one of my favorites to play
>mfw those changes
I can deal with trading half of the turrets for being able to place them from far away, but what were they thinking with that teleporter? What use could it possible have?

Attached: 1525989674956.jpg (675x625, 45K)

>Another ow bashing thread with no proof that the game is dying
Don't worry I'm sure one of these years you'll be right Yea Forums

>symmetra player is a brainlet
It checks out chief

Not that guy but you're really grasping with those two sources. "Hero Shooter" was never an actual term up until Overwatch. Since Overwatch recyles a lot of gameplay elements of TF2, I guess people later on decided to classify them as the same genre.
I mean those sources you listed tried calling Primal Carnage and Star Wars Battlefront "Hero Shooters" when those are clearly very class based, not character based.

Of course I know there is some use for it, but how could placing the two teleporters in a straight line of sight be more useful than placing one wherever in the map?

Covering itself in bandaids (additional meme characters, artificial e-sports league) rather than treating any of its infections (decaying character balance, undeveloped map design, anti-consumer shit like lootbox leashes and legacy game modes turned closed events that would have never been tolerated by the industry a decade ago etc. etc.)

>I think there are custom games but it's poorly implemented and the userbase can't be bothered to do anything remotely enjoyable with it
Fixte.
That's the long and short of it; flashy skins (and e-sports buxxx) are the only reason to continue playing such a hollow borefest.

The loot system is demotivating and doesn't really have any good rewards to it, in fact, they don't even make it easy for you to get gold, it's random as well.

They are trying so hard to force diversity and changing everyone's sexuality for absolutely no reason. Lastly, they're focused on purging "Toxicity" but their system would just warn/ban anything remotely aggressive and people take advantage of it. It died fast.

>that's remained consistent since launch.
have you seen baptiste?

There's no map queue because blizzard doesn't like the idea of certain maps being out of the rotation for players.

That one tidbit should explain to you everything wrong with OW development

>Okay everyone, the setting is a futuristic world where robots exist, people create things from literal light, and most anything can be possible, we can create any mechanic we want as long as we can conceive it in our heads
>I KNOW, HOW ABOUT A DUDE WITH A GUN LMAO

Attached: ownewcharacters.jpg (986x675, 751K)

Sombra and Ana are great. Ashe is a good concept but a bad design. Baptiste is just overall bad.

Attached: 3F87734E-319B-4618-ABBB-434F588EEC00.gif (400x276, 1.57M)

Idk if you saw, but they recently banned the emoji from tournaments because it symbolizes "White Power". You can't make this shit up.
Check it out : twitter.com/Slasher/status/1114229329448308736

Attached: thinking.png (2048x2048, 145K)

My bad, I meant this emoji. They banned the OK hand.

Attached: Ok.png (120x120, 12K)

Maybe OW isn't for you. There's plenty of Skyrim!

Attached: stupid i apologize.gif (500x372, 962K)

Didn't they banned Pepe because muh nazis or something?

It would've dies faster without the enormous staying power of waifus.

They really need to make more waifus. I don't think as many people came back when ratball and generic black man released versus when Brigitte did.

how much longer until speaking is banned in tournaments?
White Supremacists speak, therefore it's a symbol of supremacy to say anything out loud.

Attached: 1536017200273.jpg (960x745, 45K)

>Banning the OK hand because of that
It'd be a shame if people started finding out that the overwatch logo was also a racist white power symbol. Kinda looks like two hands of the same color giving a high five under a golden sun. That probably means something sinister.

It's a multiplayer paid game that focuses specifically on pvp, of course it's dying. Beyond that there's blizz retarded design decisions such as making the core game designed for casual play WHILE trying to push competitive play. Then there's another retarded mentality, that it's possible to have competitive anything without people being rude, so they keep banning people who are actually interested on the competitive focus. Then there's the retarded decision to not implement more game modes for different crowds such as deathmatches and PvE modes, both of which are popular when they appear but are only temporary. Then there's the snail pace for the updates.

Attached: 1554284735175.gif (498x376, 3.47M)

What the fuck? That's stupid as hell.
As long as I still get free skin tokens for having the OWL open I don't care how stupid cringesports gets

>Got banned for playing Torbjorn
Yeah fuck these people.

Jesus don't reproduce you're literally destroying humanity.

Well let’s start with the obvious. Overwatch never cared to copy TF2. TF2 never had a huge player base and it died out super fucking fast, there was nothing they would have wanted to learn other than “retards will pay for cosmetics”. Overwatch started super sterilized, so the idea that sterilizing it killed it is just totally fucking retarded. Overwatch maps are super simple, sure, but overly complex maps aren’t really a net gain. Each area has a choke and two to three gank paths, that’s all the map needs. Rein hasn’t been meta in a long time.

Nothing he said was true.

I think people who say OW is dead/dying are retarded but to say TF2 is dead/dying is equally retarded.

pharah is a disgusting nigger
and the only one nigger. the rest dont count

>I have to hold in my rage.
But that doesn't stop the anal bleeding