Sekiro difficulty discussion

I love Sekiro. I love Japan. I love ninjas and I love samurais. I love Sekiro's combat system. I love the visuals. I love the soundtrack. I love the story. I want to experience them all, but I'm a neither a casual nor a hardcore gamer. Watching a Let's Play or cheating is not something I want to do. I want to play a game properly, but I'm simply not patient/talented enouhg to learn that much. No, memorizing 50 different enemies' attacks is not fun. No, memorizing weaknesses and gaps in offense of 50 different enemies is not fun. This is also a reason why fighting games are not fun. Why bother learning all that dumb shit if I just want to have fun and experience the atmosphere and the story of the game? It makes a tiny bit more sense in fighting games, because of their competitive nature, but it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense in a pure single player game. I wish there was a difficulty setting for people like me. Something to make the game a bit more forgiving, but still fun. I'm currently fighting picrel and I'm on the verge of quitting the game. It's just not fun anymore. I pray that someone will come up with a mod that'll make the game more accessible. But that's just my two cents.

Attached: 1528674773074.png (1200x675, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GYo_Y-duVM8
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Google
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generic_and_genericized_trademarks
lmgtfy.com/?q=Google as a verb
youtube.com/watch?v=obrhOHwfd9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=DYD-y5vMLxY
youtube.com/watch?v=Oxy-05j0ZTw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just watch the game on youtube, you retard.

Attached: GIT GUD.png (500x616, 108K)

I love all that shit too but I'm not gonna put up with a game that loves rubbing the fact that it is tedious in my face.

Attached: 1554412595823.jpg (532x577, 109K)

don't buy games that don't cater to you

Attached: ea0643aaeeffb9bd6004b1d94e17443b--meme-pictures-reaction-pictures.jpg (236x238, 7K)

honestly as much as I like the difficulty of the souls games (and anything similar), "git gud" is a total game. gaming isnt all about overcoming more and more ridiculous challenges, its about the things you're talking about.
atmosphere is a real close #2 priority for me after gameplay, and desu i'd probably play a really atmospheric walking sim

AND GAMING!

Attached: 1512010010192.jpg (225x224, 5K)

go watch a movie or read a book then, you stupid retard

Accessible and easy are not the same thing. Try again.

The game isn’t that hard. I got through the game without using the prosthetics or buffs that much. I pretty much used the shuriken the whole game. I didn’t even know about the firecracker on my first playthrough. If you are struggling that much on a boss, then look up a guide. If you can’t beat it after looking up a guide, then idk what to say

deflect with the shield, it's really easy and you break his posture in 10 seconds

There is a point (for me at least) when too dificult makes things tedious and not entertaining any more

Souls and Bloodborne were always fun to play to me, Nioh and Sekiro arent.

just type sekiro trainer on google you mental midget

there aren't many games like sekiro out right now, what's wrong with having a game that's hard as fuck to beat? if you don't want to play it then don't fucking play it, ever heard of preferances? god damn it.

>I love Sekiro's combat system
>No, memorizing 50 different enemies' attacks is not fun. No, memorizing weaknesses and gaps in offense of 50 different enemies is not fun
Pick one.

>sekiro is ha-
youtube.com/watch?v=GYo_Y-duVM8

>Watching a Let's Play or cheating is not something I want to do
Why not lol.

Everything you've said that isn't fun, is fun to someone else.

Attached: 1549758233559.jpg (552x524, 25K)

Nothing has surpassed Dark Souls 1, except maybe Bloodborne. From has gotten so arrogant and self-absorbed they've eliminated what made Souls difficulty appealing in the first place and instead made a game that's the equivalent of getting your legs broken and being told to run a race.

Attached: 1457989045405.jpg (1120x1920, 347K)

Please refrain from using "google" as a verb. "Google" is just the name of one particular search among others. I suggest to use the term "search the web" instead.

Its not a discussion

It was already decided when fromsoft followed their own way of doing things

Attached: autism.png (284x115, 3K)

Everytime I died in Souls I thought "Okay, that was my fault, time to git gud and make not the same mistake again"

Everytime I died in Sekiro "Fuck, this shit is so unfair"

>dodgin the iai attack
Parrying it is the most fun and thrilling thing at this boss

Don't care lmao, I use photoshop and xerox too and I find it amusing when Xerox puts out public notices not to use it as a verb/noun because it threatens their trademark.

Literally just fucking git gud. It's not that hard.

the fuck, is this some new pasta? I fully admit I am a shitter, i miss attack opportunities, i fuck up things like jumping away from swinging attacks rather than just mario stomping their asses but so far I have averaged about 4-7 tries on each boss. Just killed lady butterfly, killed every miniboss so far, and I am just exploring the world while enjoying the visuals and playing around with the stealth mechanics.

Stop. Being. Shit.

>No, memorizing 50 different enemies' attacks is not fun. No, memorizing weaknesses and gaps in offense of 50 different enemies is not fun. This is also a reason why fighting games are not fun. Why bother learning all that dumb shit if I just want to have fun and experience the atmosphere and the story of the game? It makes a tiny bit more sense in fighting games, because of their competitive nature, but it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense in a pure single player game. I wish there was a difficulty setting for people like me. Something to make the game a bit more forgiving, but still fun. I'm currently fighting picrel and I'm on the verge of quitting the game. It's just not fun anymore. I pray that someone will come up with a mod that'll make the game more accessible. But that's just my two cents.
It's not remotely that hard though.
Bosses have 3 or so attack chains, easily telegraphed attacks. You learn to click deflect and then you can defeat most bosses on the first try.

Going by what you've written we're just being trolled and you never even downloaded the game

Are you an anti-google guy or just oddly pedantic?

This is bait. Interactive media isnt for you, kys.

You don't need to learn the moves of anyone but the toughest bosses

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Google

don't worry, ghosts of shitshima is going to be the movie for you

Dude just deflect lmao you can beat him in quite literally ten seconds you fucking scrub. Seriously, when I say ten seconds it takes ten.

Attached: 1502676471309.jpg (540x407, 51K)

>I love the soundtrack
Shill detected. Sekiro has one of the most forgettable weak soundtracks of all time. Out of all the stupid comparisons I find it funniest when people bring up Nioh just because id think this would be the one time I get to shit down Niohs throat for Sekiros favor since I think Nioh is better but for fuck sakes Niohs mediocre soundtrack has like 3 good songs and I cannot remember one from Sekiro not even Sword Saints comes into my head.

Alright masters of Sekiro combat, which button EXACTLY do I need to press once a boss's attack knocks me on my knee.
Block, dodge and jump don't seem to do anything and allow the boss to instantly follow up killing me.

This means that a single missed block/deflect means instant death regardless of my HP
I'm playing with no Kuro charm and the Bell, but this is kind of annoying

Attached: 1553507356144.jpg (789x729, 116K)

I agree, when the dragon came out of nowhere and torched me I thought, “this is my fault”

"web" is a term that describes network. I suggest "use search engine of your choice".

verb

search for information about (someone or something) on the Internet using the search engine Google.

"I recently googled my 7th grade teacher and found his current email address"

Memorizing enemy's attacks, getting better, the struggle - it's also part of the amazing experience.

Just dive in and enjoy getting your ass kicked and getting better.

My philosohy is I'd like to threaten google's trademark on the word by making it even more common.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generic_and_genericized_trademarks

I can't tell if this is pasta or not.

Attached: 1552855920858.jpg (1920x1080, 292K)

then quit
dont play it

a quadriplegic beat the game, yet somehow you cant

Got slashed pretty bad till I figured out deflect timings. It's not even hard but can get frustrating as one slash of his takes 90% of your HP (180% when both connects)

Attached: AshinaElite.webm (852x480, 2.86M)

Some assholes you have to cheese, this old man is easy if you run in circles and attack his back after each of his attack

Its a meme fight, really

Blow it out your ass. DS1 Was fun for the time, but it is a jank mess. Half of the game feels like a conceptual design that just got rushed to the end product.

Are you retarded? r just want every thing to cater to you?
The game already only takes 30-40 hours blind. Thats less than what it takes to 100% some mario games for fucks sake.

Removing difficulty would turn that into a 5 hour jog.
Dont you fucking dare claim you dont have 30 extra hours when faggots spend just as much on GoW or 4x that on shit like red dead.

It's not even that difficult. It's easier than any of the Souls games and Nioh.
Especially once you figure out the trick of just keeping your distance from enemies, waiting for them to whiff attacks you know leaves them open with no chance of them being able to counterattack you.

Only Lady Butterly is actually challenging because
>this strat doesn't work against her
>she is sort of an early difficulty spike around the time when you still haven't figured the game out
>you don't have a lot of your ninja tools and shit, which are OP as fuck

Attached: 1545513333816.jpg (554x476, 65K)

i used to brainwash ninja nearby to get first healthbar down easy.

I mean he loves ninjas and japan, send him a medal and easy mode guys

why are his eyes red

>No, memorizing weaknesses and gaps in offense of 50 different enemies is not fun

you watch for the enemy's sword to spark, then you deflect and keep attacking

it's not hard once you learn that tell-all

Given up his humanity to gain power so he might save his land.

Lady Butterfly was actually fairly easy. Her openings are really predictable.

>tricks is whiffing attacks and counterattacking
>when brainlets fell for the HP bar instead of focusing the posture bar

DEATH

Attached: NANI.jpg (413x648, 39K)

>not willing to spend even an inch of effort to become better at something
go watch a 'let's play' then you queer lol
t. someone who sucks ass at the game but still beat every boss on demon bell mode (hard mode) through sheer tenacity

>You cant do posture damage on most bosses until half his lifebar is gone
>They guard everything you throw at them after two hits and rarely get staggered so if you keep attacking you eat a 90% lifebar hit.

The whole game is "parry parry hit hit dodge" and if you miss one single parry you are done. Its retarded

lady butterfly is easy. the whole game was easier for me than souls. i'm on ng+ and mowing through enemies and bosses since i learned the combat system
>i don't want to learn in my video games
nigger detected

Well the key to beating butterfly is to just non stop attack her. Basically attack twice and dodge through/towards her endlessly until she dies.
The first time she spawns illusions she always spawns in the same place so you can abort it, so you don't even need to bother using those beans or w/e

Point is even if you're shit at deflecting you can cheese pretty much any boss by just kiting them and waiting for punishable on whiff attacks.
This applies to pretty much any fight. Be it Owl, the Ape or w/e.

Did you even play the game?

>It's easier than any of the Souls games
Why has this become something everyone spouts? Outside some of the end game bosses there's nothing even close, souls bosses attack extremely slowly and roll iframes are very forgiving for the most part.

>No, memorizing 50 different enemies' attacks is not fun. No, memorizing weaknesses and gaps in offense of 50 different enemies is not fun. This is also a reason why fighting games are not fun.
Okay, so the game isn't for you

Evidently not

pure unfiltered autism

Its more like the game plays me

>>i don't want to learn in my video games
Path of least resistance.
Again I don't have any problems with the game at all, I beat pretty much every single boss (didn't bother with some headless and shichien or w/e warriors because the rewards were pointless and they were copypaste).

Because deathblows are ezpz on all mooks and they give you tons of escape routes in case you fuck up.

>you cant do posture damage on most bosses until half their hp is gone.
The only boss where this ever is an issue is Owl if you dont keep pressure up. I deathblowed the first phase of SS with him barely losing any HP

>they guard everything
And? Them guarding increases their posture too and them attacking stops their posture regeneration. You never eat a counterhit unless you are dumb and dont understand that when they deflect it means its usually their turn to attack.

lmgtfy.com/?q=Google as a verb

Because the Souls games have shit like horrid hitboxes and retarded boss design. DS2 being the prime offender.

The patterns are the best thing of bosses fuck off brainlet

LMAOing at your life,i can just imagine you struggling with ashina elite not being able to parry him HAHAHAHAHA

learn to code faggot

this is some next level shill shit

dear god try playing without kuros charm

i dont think you niggers will get past the first samurai

>if you miss one single parry you are done

Attached: 1509014772329.png (403x448, 53K)

>"red eyes fear fire"
>use fire vent to get maybe 2-4 free hits in before he instakills you
eh

>Playing fighting games for the story
Are you fucking kidding me lmao

If you want to just immerse yourself in a setting then watch a fucking movie.

To show a setting is harsh in a movie you show difficulty for the characters, to do the same in a game you make it difficult.

The difficulty is a key part of the setting for this and any FROM software game.

>from software creates base game
>add options to turn off your posture meter, unlimited resurrections, lower health enemies
>not use them

do you see how easy it is to make a game easier for some people? Celeste did it and no one cried foul BUT MUH GAMES BALANCE

>I love Japan.
I LOVE SUSHI

just dont fucking play it, just like how you dont play fight games. I dont understand why you must insist on ruining a game many people enjoy just because you dont

I'm woefully average at games and just stumble my way through ones like this playing entirely on reaction. Maybe if an attack is super unique or obviously telegraphed I'll be genuinely ready for it but I think average reflexes and a bit of patience for when you do inevitably die is more than enough to finish it on normal difficulty.

Anyone actually wish From adds a harder mode where enemies attack faster? I struggled a lot with the game early on but after playing through it twice, it feels like the parry windows are really generous. Would be great to see how far we can push it.

Attached: hDtpS4I.jpg (500x500, 31K)

>playing without kuros charm
i'm saving that for my first real playthrough, ng++.
ng:
>get most skills, gourd seeds, prayer beads, etc
ng+:
>activate demon bell ASAP, finish up getting skills and items
ng++:
>give away kuro's charm, activate demon bell
currently on ng+ and breezing through it. gonna be fun without kuro's charm

>Anyone actually wish From adds a harder mode
give up kuro's charm

Hey idgaf about Sekiro but I'm playing Bloodborne and like always I'm doing solo-only on my first run. I'm curious, do you all count NPC summons as disqualifying a "solo-only"? I've done Gascoigne, Cleric Beast, BSB, and Witches of Hemwick, but Vicar Amelia is really chapping my ass and I'm considering summoning Henriette or whatever

Attached: DD-Star-Spawn-600x800.jpg (600x800, 77K)

there's a mod that let's you speed up the whole game

The core design pillars of these games is "satisfaction from overcoming a challenge".
If you made them too easy the entire game's design would crumble.

Games don't need to appeal or even be playable by everyone.

Did people bitch about Mario games not having a difficulty setting back in the day?

Summoning makes the fight multitudes easier by splitting boss aggro, so yes NPCs will invalidate solo runs

Did you even bother reading the full sentence?

Have you noticed that your sword sparks when you deflect an attack? Enemy weapons do the same thing, and it means they've created an opening to attack. That's your cue to stop swinging your sword around and parry their counterattack.
>>You cant do posture damage on most bosses until half his lifebar is gone
You absolutely can. That is, in fact, the most efficient way to play. You're having trouble accumulating posture damage because you're playing super defensively, relying on chip damage. Sekiro isn't Dark Souls. That isn't going to work.

It’s been over 8 years since Dark Souls released and kids out there STILL buy FROM games thinking it’ll be easy and when they realize it isn’t they come here and bitch
Like fucking clockwork
THESE GAMES ARENT FOR YOU GO AWAY AND STICK TO YOUTUBE AND OVERWATCH REEEEEEEEE FUCK NORMIES

Attached: 53A85244-8AA8-4A01-A602-2970B9D5EBA8.jpg (581x767, 92K)

Wew time to go another round.

nothin personnel kid

Attached: isshin.jpg (2560x1440, 663K)

>games should only cater to MEEEEEE
Guess what faggot.
I would love if nintendo had hard mode that was actually challenging in their games.
They do not because THEY ARE NOT FOR ME
Faggot.

People who enjoy a challenging game are off playing games they enjoy while you faggots have to reee at anything that comes out if you cant beat it in 1 try.
Imagine if the amount of people like you also demanded easy game have harder modes because its not fair that only you get to have fun in the game.
Imagine how entitled those people would sound

Honestly I’ve found that when Icome to a part that seems like an unscalable wall, I just need to put the game down for a day or 2, then pick it up again. Every time I’ve done this I’ve gotten past the part I was stuck on.

>I really like this but I actually hate it so make it something else.
Haha no thanks lol.

>Celeste did it and no one cried foul
Because nobody outside of your clique gives a shit about western sjw indie trash. Quite a bit different when you're trying to pressure developers that clearly don't want to do that.

Entitled lazy bum,you don't love shit.

>people swtill trying to use celeste as an example I swear these retards never even tried to 100% the game.
May as well just add a fucking cutscene only mode to sekiro

Its kind of jarring with everything sped up though. Would be great if it only changed attack/deflect speeds and dodges.

The design philosophy behind Sekiro, Bloodborne, and the Souls games is an old one that relies on players learning from their mistakes so they are better prepared to handle new mechanics and tougher challenges later on. Adding easy modes would not only break these games and deprive less-skilled players the satisfaction of overcoming a challenge, but also damage the industry as a whole.

Imagine if every developer was required to spend time, money, and manpower destroying their initial visions by making sure their latest releases were so easy that even a toddler could play them. Casuals would be so spoiled from "beating" these games that they'll expect the next one to be even easier and, if it's not, complain endlessly unless the developers pacify them with a patch. It wouldn't be long before homogenization caused even remotely challenging games to go extinct.

Video games are just as accessible as any other form of media. The only things keeping casuals from playing are their defeatist attitudes, self-imposed inexperience, and lame excuses. Harder games having a "barrier of entry" is a myth perpetuated by those that have no faith in themselves and people who insist "gatekeeping" is a major problem fail to understand that others telling them to "git gud" aren't necessarily doing it out of spite.

If there's one thing predictable reactions to games like this prove, it's that there are genuinely entitled "gamers" out there who simply can't stand being left out. Everything can't appeal to everyone. The hours these people have spent begging for easy modes online could've been used to practice whichever part of the game was giving them so much trouble OR look for a new game to play instead. With the sheer number of shallow narrative-centric slogs to choose from these days, casuals have more options than ever before.

No one should seriously expect to beat every game they buy simply because they picked up the controller. If you aren't dying, the devs ain't trying.

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190405154523.png (1920x1080, 2.83M)

>I wish to experience the thing
>But don't find it fun to experience the thing or watch an LP of it
>Accomodate your art for me so I can walk around a lot and then feel cheated that it seemed like a waste of time

>I wanted to like Sekiro, I really did, but...
Stick it up your ass, loser.

Bros it all clicked against the demon of hatred and I first tried the 3rd phase. I feel like a god now, nothing can stop me.

Attached: IMG_4638.jpg (620x378, 56K)

He literally used "type" as a verb you fucking retard. Yes I know this is bait.

Same.

you fundamentally misunderstand what from software games are suppose to be

He didn't even use Google as a verb, you fucking aspie.

There should be a NG- with 5 revives that arent limited on use.
Like how Super Ghouls n Ghosts let you crank the initial lives up to 9

You would only get access to the normal ending as well if you did this.

absolutely i agree with you that that is one of the core design pillars, but then thats their loss if they were to use those options and it literally wouldnt affect me

fuck off back to resetera with you shitty tranny platformer

Dude, there isn't even much to learn, it's not like there are complex or intricate comboes, all you have to do is learn the (pretty generous) timing to parry, and learn to watch for the danger animations to figure out if you should jump or dodge. That's it.

>Finish getting skills
>ng+
lol. try ng+6

i dont, im just playing devils advocate, ive played all the souls games (i didnt beat souls 2 just cuz i found it uninteresting and im 30 hours in sekiro) so i know what from soft is trying to achieve

what im saying is i'd care less if they were to implement an "easy" mode or a "god" mode seeing as how i wouldnt toggle those options myself so i could experience from's vision of the game.i can give a shit if someone else doesnt want to experience that.

I hope Isshin kicks your ass and you love it.

I almost gave up on Genichiro last week but kept at it and beat owl today. The game keeps getting better and better once you learn the whole deflect and break posture meta the game is trying to teach you. There are shit parts in the game like pic related but overall it's great fun. Git gud.

Attached: 1492848626790.gif (337x221, 1.12M)

A lot of players that would persevere with the current difficulty, get better and experience the satisfaction the designers intended would most likely have swapped (or selected) and easier difficulty and would've been bored instead since the core appeal of the game would dissapear.

Sekiro is not like the Souls games or even Bloodborne. It pretty much has no RPG elements and a lot of the exploration is fairly unrewarding by itself. Without challenge the game would be very boring.

and we should listen

>Without challenge the game would be very boring
Some people genuinely enjoy playing shit like DMC on the easiest mode

i got all the skills in ng by farming the fountainhead flower viewing stage cheese farm route. only took 2-3 hours of farming and now i don't have to farm for the rest of my ng+++++ runs

Fuck off dude, the game isn't for everyone. If you can't beat it, then don't, move on. Many people, including myself, like dying until we get good at it.Don't ruin our fun, find another game that will hold your hand. There's plenty of those, but not enough actually difficult games that require you to use your head a bit and actually gitgud™ at timings.

Attached: df5a22f055014b31ede796d1be1ffc88.png (1060x1500, 1.34M)

>A lot of players that would persevere with the current difficulty, get better and experience the satisfaction the designers intended would most likely have swapped (or selected) and easier difficulty and would've been bored instead since the core appeal of the game would dissapear.

but how does that affect MY or YOUR gameplay? now if from decided from the get-go that all these were toggled on by default then yeah that'd be some bullshit cuz no one would ever be bothered to toggle those switches off

>baw, the game won't LET me beat it
Nigger, rise to the occasion.

girugamesh?

Because people want to pretend that they are super-skilled masters at videogames who find what others find challenging to be trivial to them. It's just an obnoxious mindset that always crops up whenever a game is considered to be tough by anyone else.

For the record, I don't think this is harder or easier than any of the other games, just different since it has such a different playstyle.

i dont see a point in putting in an option that literally just ruins the experience, if you cant play the game the way it was intended and designed to be played just play something else

OP is badly designed bait which I don't mind necessarily since genuine Sekiro discussion already died what the fuck but I don't consider that good in Souls games but I still got bosses like lmao2ape and gayniggiro down pretty well.

That doesn't mean the game's super easy or anything, but you can get away with observation and patience. Watched a friend mash away at Lady Butterfly and getting shitstomped because they literally just played it like a Souls game and tried to R1 mash through and doing dash dodges when she was doing sweeps which resulted in them just...well, dying.

You need to adjust that Sekiro plays very differently despite having core gameplay similarities to Souls.

Attached: 1535475586671.jpg (450x532, 62K)

>Some people genuinely enjoy playing shit like DMC on the easiest mode
DMC5 has far more variation and depth to the combat that you can play around with, along with it being way flashier (including cutscenes and music).

It would affect their gameplay/experience, which are the people we're talking about. Correct?
The designers have a vision which I think is the right way to go for this game in particular.

but games like devil may cry literally have an easy option that if someone like me or you would were to choose, the experience would be ruined because it wouldnt be difficult in the slightest

>compare from software titles to othe titles
You are asking for trouble.
Thats like comparing their ps1 titles to other shit.
It simple doesnt work

>it would affect their gameplay/experience
i think you misunderstood what i said.
From is creating these games so you can experience a challenge that once overcome, you have this great feeling of achievement

That's how me and you play the game as it currently is.

Now if From were to implement toggles right now in sekiro that would be like "unlimited posture" or "unlimited resurrections" would you or i toggle that feature on? nah cuz it would ruin or experience.
now, or neighbor could toggle those options on, and he wont get that feeling of achievement, but why the fuck would i care? it literally had no affect on me

FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Just beat Demon of Hatred after about 6-7 attempts.

Now that i have beaten his ass i can saftly say that Owl 2 is much harder and much more difficult to predict.
The difficulty from Demon of Hatred is that you have to hug him so closly to hurt him that it fucks with your camera lock on and it makes his tracking weird as fuck sometimes.
Another perfect example of FROMSOFT shitty game decisions.

Really cant stand how dodging certain moves sometimes feels like luck of the draw.

I noticed with Demon Of Hatred that his right foot stomps sometimes track you and other times they can whiff if you are strafing left from a certain angle to his right side depending on when he starts perfomring the move.

Demon of Hatred seems like a very inconsistent fight where as Owl just straight whoops your ass and overwhelms you.

Attached: yeah fuck you'.jpg (980x1308, 315K)

>now, or neighbor could toggle those options on, and he wont get that feeling of achievement, but why the fuck would i care? it literally had no affect on me

Again, this is about the devs wanting as many people as possible to play and experience the game as intended.
They want to stick to the very core idea that they brought with Demon's and Dark Souls. The very thing the industry took as a breath of fresh air because it respected the player once again. This was during a time when coddling, pandering and handholding was at an all-time high.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the devs wanting to stick to this core idea. Also unlike with a game like DMC5 (I already elaborated on why) Sekiro would be ruined by making it too easy. Thus it's entirely understandable and acceptable why the devs wanted to keep their vision and experience intact.

I love how these faggots are more "entitled" than the "entitled" gamers they made fun of for so long

Losing should be part of the fun. All this sekiro tamtrums lately are making me realize how little tolerance to that kind of frustration people has. Losing has been a core mechanic in videogames since their conception and trying to shame devs for making you lose is pathetic. I died against butterfly lady like 20 times and every time i booted up the console i was super hyped because that might be the time i made it. I pity those who cant appreciate such a thing.

the exploration doesnt really feel that great it needed more texts and maybe even findable combat arts and skills

I totally agree with you on all those points and im in no way inferring that From has to include these "easy options"
i just understand why some people would want to go this route, i know people who are fascinated by the lore of shit like dark souls but are totally put off by the difficulty, a strong argument can be made that they could just read the lore from the wiki or watch a lets play, but theyd rather do it with a controller in their hand.

>Sekiro would be ruined by making it too easy.
How would it be ruined if you can just play it on "intended" difficulty? The only reason i see is that you can't brag about beating it on the internet and gatekeep other people.

You speak as if they've stopped. Right after they finished whining about no easy mode they head back to /r/gamingcirclejerk to defend corporations against the evil entitled gamers.

Not him, but at that point the neighbor is playing a completely different game, but when he goes online to talk about it, he is going to be critiquing and explaining something completely different. Reviewers will be little bitches playing with the assists, their reviews will become completely inaccurate. Influencers are typically casuals, and will play with the assists on, advertising to people like "this si the way it should be played" or "look how cool and awesome the game is like this, XD"

And now the game will sell 8 million extra copies to casuals, all praising the assist modes, while condemning the old and outdated normal mode of play. Now when Sekiro 3 comes out, you can bet your ass that what was previously normal mode is now assist, the whole game having assist on and can't be toggled off- to appeal to casuals.

Don't tell me this wouldn't happen. It has happened before, I saw fighting games become infested with casual shit, auto-combos everywhere, fuck this. Don't give an inch for them to ruin our games. I watched it transform from optional "stylish modes" in games, to full on, can't turn it off, BnB comboes and main mechanics are all centered around auto combo in all of the big, popular fighters of our time.

FUCK IT
STOP THEM
DON:T LET THEM RUIN OUR GAMES

>muh gatekeeping
Fuck off. You're like some faggot saying you're a car enthusiast when you can be bothered to learn how to change a tire and rather than take the time to learn you bitch at everyone around you for "gatekeeping" tire changing. Any other hobby would rightfully laugh you out of the building and nobody would blink twice.

Well too bad for them then. Everything can't cater to everyone, nor should it.

Can confirm that is what happened.

lel

And you're a faggot.

but the setting and world of the souls games does cater to them, its the difficulty that doesnt

How do I unsubscribe from your faggot blog?

The entire game is centered around overcoming challenging enemies. If you made them easy there would no longer be any satisfacton to be gained in the game since it's basically a fairly straightforward and shallow action game. In other words these players would just be bored instead, which is even worse.
Boring your players is pretty much the worst thing you can do.

The sound and the cool factor of the guitar caters to a lot of people too, but if they suck and can't play the guitar, then that's too bad for them, they gotta put in the effort to learn, just like everyone else. Fun fact: learning a musical instrument is much harder than any video game.

>but the setting and world of the souls games does cater to them
Imagine being this wrong.
The setting is a harsh land filled with dangers that will murk you if you go the wrong path.
Been that way since fucking ps1 retard.

Oh wait you faggots only started with souls

Again too bad for them. That's their problem.
There isn't a single thing that appeals to everyone, be it games, food, whatever.
If it wasn't the difficulty (again, the game is easier than any of the Souls games) then people would complain about something else. You absolutely can't make everyone happy. People also don't realize what effect making the game easier would have on the game.

At this point I'm just repeating myself over and over, so I fail to see the point of continuing to reply to you.

>don't want to play a game
>want to watch a movie
well do i then retard.

What's a good way to predict rape apes terror scream? First stage is easy, but second stage is just weird

Attached: 1505345434673.png (212x172, 23K)

So a bad player who can't beat anything in a game and dies to first miniboss is having insane amount of fun but then he decides to turn one easy mode option on and suddenly he's oneshotting everyone and is very bored. Gotcha. I guess you literally can't get bored of enemies being too cheap and killing you over and over, its so fun you just can play the game forever.

You still didn't answer how easy mode affects you.

>I want to play a game properly, but I'm simply not patient/talented enouhg to learn that much.
Git gud

How to beat the chained ogre without cheats like stealth execute or oil/fire cheese?

>guess you literally can't get bored of enemies being too cheap and killing you over and over
That's frustration, not boredom.
Also no enemy in this game is cheap. If you think there are then name them. Even a 5 year old can beat enemies in this game by cheesing them if they don't want to fight them "fairly".

The big red Japanese symbols popping up. If you turn around and sprint you should have time to avoid about 90% of the damage even if you're slow to react.

He lifts the head, the thing not to do is press R1 more than 2 times.

What do you mean?.
The animation is pretty obvious.
Just don't attack like a retard so you have to run or if you wanna be extra agressive get the umbrella upgrade.

Nigga just spam block and you will deflect half of the attacks and block the rest, when blocking doesnt work you can also run at fucking lightspeed from every attack, Dark Souls 1 is harder and better.

People have already answered that it affects said players. Read the thread or leave if you can't even be bothered to follow along a basic discussion.

but its only boring because they decided to make it boring for themselves, who literally fuckin cares here?

>No, memorizing weaknesses and gaps in offense of 50 different enemies is not fun
Then don't say you love the combat system you absolute moron. It would be fun if the combat was good, but it just isn'T very good or enticing.

That's why the game should be easier. Only an absolute braindead would "get good" at this boring, repetitive trash.

Attached: dat grab kek.webm (640x360, 1.11M)

no-one cried fowl about celeste but I used those options to complete the last 3/4 C sides to get the trophy, really i never experienced the content they designed. Probably less than 1000 people have experienced that content as intended

FOOD ANALOGY INCOMING

Sekrio is not for everyone and people who want i to be are literally retarded.
The controls are already entirely accessible and its on platforms that are entirely accessible.

If I go to buffalo wild wings I have zero issues, even disabled people have full access to this.
If I order the hottest wings they have on offer that is my decision to try something someone else created for a specific purpose, to challenge taste buds.

Imagine if some retard started sperging out over how he cant handle the spice on the wings and demanding the creator of the recipe make it more accessible so he can say he defeated the challenge as well.
It would quite literally never happen.

Demanding that goods cater to (You) is the most entitled thing a consumer can possibly do.

BINGO. LITERALLY ONLY AUTISTIC FUCKING NERDS WOULD EVER EVEN CONSIDER "STUDYING A VIDEO GAMES PROGRAMMING TO FIND HINTS AND WEAKNESSES ETC"

I FUCKING HATE AUTISTIC VIDEO GAME LOSERS. I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE ALL GOING TO RUN OUT OF MONEY IN THIS CAPITALIST ECONOMY AND BE REPLACED BY MEXICANS AND NIGGERS.

-M-M-M-M-MUH INTELLECTUAL STUDYING GUISE
fucking kill yourselves.

you didnt
if from added an easy mode or cheat toggling i to the game today, it would not affect me or you AT ALL

People only said "but other players...", i don't understand why everyone suddenly cares for "other players" while they can just not play on easy mode? Coincidenally everyone loves to say "git gut aaalalalala" every time someone complains about game being too hard.

>What's a good way to predict rape apes terror scream? First stage is easy, but second stage is just weird

Just use the shield fan. It blocks the attack completely, including the terror buildup.

>I want to play a game properly
No you don't. Opinion discarded.

Attached: 1517655547055.jpg (297x223, 16K)

Killer is Dead has better gameplay than Suckiro:

youtube.com/watch?v=obrhOHwfd9Y

The animation is fairly long. He does it most often after taking a lot of hits from you in succession to make you fuck off. The area of effect is more to his front. If he does it while you're right next to him, run behind him and away.

I QUIT THE GAME AFTER THE FIRST BOSS.

IT'S LITERALLY NOT FUN. VIDEO GAMES AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE WORK.

ONLY AUTISTIC SUICIDAL LOSERS WOULD EVER EVEN CONSIDER "STUDYING" A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

WHAT'S THE POINT? NOTHING. TRY HAVING SEX YOU FUCKING INCEL KEKOLDS.

How are you even supposed to dodge those retarded grabs in this game? They seem to get you no matter what. I just jump away.

you never experienced the content they designed because you made it so that you couldnt experience it the way the designed it, those 1000 people that have could probably care less though

The devs who made the game. They don't need to compromise their vision if they don't want to, for reasons already mentioned.

The people that complain are frankly irrelevant here.

Tone down the autism

>VIDEO GAMES AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE WORK
Every hobby is work you fucking retard.

They need to make the combat like dmc 5, that was good ass combat

literally running far far away, that's the only choice basically.

Every game has better gameplay than Sekiro.

Answer me you ass clowns

>that webm
welp i just spoiled the game for myself T.T

I have spent half this thread repeating myself about these very things over and over. If you're illiterate that's not my problem.
If you're incapable of following along a basic discussion then there really isn't any point in wasting another second on you, since you would most likely ignore or not pay attention to the reply anyway.

it's a bad ending I doubt you'll get it

By no having the reaction time of geriatric patient.

Weird, the tutorial said you have to dodge at the right time.

This game is pure trash desu

>every game needs to be the same so I can look cool and be flashy

theyre compromising their vision to the small minority that want an easier game, yet there are hundreds of thousands of players that literally wouldnt compromise their vision

It's trash so don't worry. YOu should do something else.

Also why T.T? Are you a trap? Post legs with leg wwarmrs

>there are people posting in Sekiro threads who haven't beat Isshin in NG
Shameless casuals

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190331001048.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

Attached: 1554556512743.png (1832x320, 74K)

technically it says you dodge, practically it means dodge away from enemy because if you dodge sideways they just track and grab anyway.

I don't see how you countered anything I said. So my reply is still the same.
The devs didn't want the compromise their vision and they don't have to. The players that complain are irrelevant.

Took a break after the demon wrecked my ass yesterday.
All thats left are the demon and the end though so I'l get there

>if from added an easy mode or cheat toggling
Funny cause nobody is asking for the latter. Even OP said he doesn't want to use cheats. That should clue you in on why shitters want Easy mode.

>Watching a Let's Play or cheating is not something I want to do.
> I pray that someone will come up with a mod that'll make the game more accessible.
so you mean a cheat then?

Attached: 1554509160650.jpg (780x439, 58K)

Literally dodge to the fucking left and follow up with an attack.This guy gets posture broken so fast it's embarrassing.

If that's true then there's even less of a reason for easy mode

>except maybe bloodborne
no, bb has health sponge bosses, an endurance test is not fun, I managed to 4 shot gwyn on an sl1 run in ds1, that game was tough your first time around but it was fair enough that for a casual first time playthrough that isn't minmaxed or anything, you can do decent damage to a boss and see decent chunks of their health being taken away.
Demon's souls was similar, sadly ds3 and bb just made bosses an endurance test and midir being the worst case of those endurance tests, I'm not saying sekiro isn't like that, in fact, some sekiro bosses like the demon might be considered an endurance test, but I personally think demon's souls and dark souls 1 might be the two most fair ones when it comes to boss difficulty.

the game is played "properly" the way the devs intended them to be played, being an entitled little shitheel who seethes and demands the devs cater their games to your needs is not "proper"

Attached: 1516875911082.jpg (1200x787, 410K)

Protip: Most people don't like to admit that they're bad, stupid, wrong, etc.
People instead prefer to place the blame on anything but themselves.
These people don't have the self-insight to realize that the problem lies with themselves, not the world or others.

The sooner you realize how stupid most people are the better.

youve spent half this thread repeating about how optional easy options would ruin OTHER PLAYERS experience but you have not stated how it would ruin YOUR experience, please tell me how its going to ruin YOUR experience, just YOURS no one else's

i do not care about any one else, literally just YOUR experience

>I used those options to complete the last 3/4 C sides to get the trophy

They honestly really should have turned off achievements for assist mode. You didn't achieve ANYTHING. you beat those levels effortlessly because you CHEATED. 5.5% of people "beat" all C-sides and I bet that number would be < 1% if assist mode wasn't in the game. Seeing so many people have that achievement almost cheapens the hard work I did for it.

Pic related would feel meaningless if I didn't struggle to get there.

Attached: 20180224191038_1.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

>medium-hard
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 3
Salt and Sanctuary
>hard-harder
Dark Souls 2 SOTFS
Demons Souls
Hollow Knight
>bashing your head against your desk simulator
Nioh
Bloodborne
Sekiro

Attached: beards.png (1383x1383, 744K)

just cheat lol

Attached: master the blade.png (1280x666, 813K)

game?

Nah sekiro is fine.
The really hard bosses are DLC tier though

Sekiro is one of those games that you have to learn how to play, even if you had an Easy Mode it wouldn't be fun to play because you'd probably still be playing it incorrectly.

Imagine if you could take quadruple as many hits before dying, but you still couldn't comprehend that you have to focus on staying aggressive and deflecting attacks. You might have a chance at beating bosses the "wrong way," poking and then running away constantly, but bosses would still seemingly have a million health.

Attached: Playing The Wrong Way.webm (842x472, 2.9M)

what are you even trying to say with that post?

This. Dark Souls is much greater than the sum of it's parts. There's a certain fundamental tension in knowing you could die to a single player mistake. It was a deliberation of sorts. Getting "Gotcha'd!" By some retardedly fast animation in Sekiro and then dying in one shot because you have shit for health is something a lesser, more amateur developer would do.

Attached: 1537146406182.gif (400x225, 996K)

>you can beat op's boss with the shield fan in a matter of seconds
>no actual skill required

Do you tards even bother to use the ninja tools?

>but I don't want to learn how to play that game

Attached: 1553997351249.jpg (290x324, 23K)

If you're next to him the entire time, he attacks at a regular rhythm. Just wail away at him until you know he's going to throw an attack in which case you dodge.

And oil and fire isn't really a cheese since the game practically yells at you on three separate occasions to use oil and fire on him.

>want to do another playthrough
>remember Folding Screen Monkeys
>urge goes away

>Coincidenally everyone loves to say "git gut aaalalalala" every time someone complains about game being too hard.
Because that's the correct response to someone blaming their own ineptitude on the game instead of themselves. Not coddling players who lack skill is not a design flaw, especially when the game already has tutorials.

After bloodborne and dark souls 3, I'm just happy to play a from game that doesn't punish you for taking your time. Fast combat takes the emphasis away from tactics and makes it all about reflexes.

Hollow Knight is a hundred times harder than Sekiro or BB.
Nioh is the easiest soulslike.

gachiin sugar and fireworks make quick work of them, git gud.

>I want to play this game but I dont want to learn how to play it!
Do you even listen to yourself?

How about the hilariously long 3 stage telegraph?

this is how i tried beating genchiro for like two hours by poking and running away and man was that stupid, i got aggressive and got all three deathblows in like 5 mins.

Emma was truly a dumb bitch. She thought she could go against an demon (or even a shura lol), but in the end she was a bigger jobber than genichiro. She should just be a breeding slave, since her looks is her only redeeming feature.

Attached: IMG_20190406_222913.jpg (600x660, 129K)

Every game should have good combat, yes. Why do souls games have to be exempt?

yeah the dodge in this game, as far as I can tell, has NO invincibility whatsoever, so it's usually more useful to dodge backwards than too the sides, even if it's a vertical swing coming at you

So you literally are just a retarded fromdrone faggot that can't into basic action games. Amazing the kind of autists you run into on Yea Forums

The game isn't even that fucking hard, i'm so fucking tired of seeing this shit and listening to retards crying about how difficult it is.
Nioh was fucking harder than this but i didn't see anyone crying about it then.

She's a good doctor.

Wait till you get to isshin, hes fight is pure posture battle and at best you would get trough his phases without needing to chip his health

lmao

Attached: darkslip.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Souls games aren't exempt from good combat. Not every action game needs to be a clone of DMC5 even if I like it too.

Bro just stop. There's no way to not sound mad writing shit like this.
I got mad as fuck at drunk fat fuck at the gate and you know what I did? Took a break and came back to it later instead of making a thread about how the level and enemy design sucks ass yada yada

Literally just throw firecrackers or shuriken at them and chase them around. Takes like 3 minutes.

>youve spent half this thread repeating about how optional easy options would ruin OTHER PLAYERS experience but you have not stated how it would ruin YOUR experience, please tell me how its going to ruin YOUR experience, just YOURS no one else's

Because that question is irrelevant. You only ask it because you know you already lost the argument.
It has nothing to do with me or you for that matter. It has to do with the devs, their vision, how it would affect the game as a whole and players as a whole.
The fact of that matter is that it would have an overall negative effect on the game for reasons I have brought up many times. Additionally the only ones that matter here are the devs since at the end of the day what they want to make is all that matters. Since Sekiro is already a financial success the people that complain are 100% irrelevant.

There is absolutely nothing more to say on the matter. What you and I think is irrelevant. I have merely explained how it is. Accept it or not.

dark souls 1 is fucking garbage, 3 is way better both in terms of visuals and combat

>So you literally are just a retarded fromdrone faggot that can't into basic action games.
He's not the one demanding an Easy mode

>Nioh is har-
youtube.com/watch?v=DYD-y5vMLxY

Why are hollow knight and sekiro in that list? They're not souls games.
Also, demon's souls is definitely the easiest seeing how the bosses are limited by the hardware of the time.

Attached: juqRr9x.jpg (1999x1999, 441K)

Fuck off then. Maybe assassin's creed is more your speed.

Don't pay attention to him, he's sperging out in a different thread trying to force this meme that From can do no wrong and that being limited by dumbed down controls for a dumb fanbase is a good thing

To be honest I perfectly understand your frustations. I consider myself an average "gamer" as well and this game is certainly pushing me to become better. I won't quit the game since I like the challenge and I don't mind dying over and over though. I started playing three days ago. I'm at the seven spears miniboss and even though it's hard, I got to say I find fighting him and the other human bosses so far to be fun as fuck. Even lady butt was fun and it was satisfying when I finally got to beat her after like 5 or 6 tries. What I don't like are the "monster" or magic type enemies like the bull, the ogre, that faggot that just spams fear magic and I still haven't figured out how to beat and finally "headless" which just seems impossible. What do you guys think? do you enjoy the human or the monster/magic enemies more?

*8-10 terror monkeys attack you at once*
nothin personnel kid

Not copying dmc fine, but souls games could copy any other game and have better combat

Killer is Dead is better
Dynasty Warriors 9 is better
Samurai Warriors 4 is better

do I need to keep going

DMC5 invented movesets now? You absolute fucking dumb cunt

Attached: 20190406212816_1.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

Sloth and lighting have been nerfed. Get with the times gramps.

And even with that dumbass obscure cheese, it's STILL harder than sekiro is.

Souls combat
>memorize the timings required to dodgeroll an enemy's attack through trial and error because the attack animations themselves are arbitrary as fuck when it comes to telling you when you actually have to roll
>attack as much as your stamina allows before the boss recovery state ends or before a boss' poised charged attack lands
>dodgeroll again when attack lands
>rinse and repeat

Sekiro combat
>memorize the timings required to deflect an enemy's attack through trial and error because the attack animations themselves are arbitrary as fuck when it comes to telling you when you actually have to deflect
>keep spamming R1 on the boss until you see an orange flash, which means it's the boss' turn to attack
>deflect whatever gets thrown at you or input the appropriate action when it's a perilous attack, then keep spamming R1 on the boss again
>rinse and repeat

DMC combat
>memorize the timings required to jump/dodge roll/Trickster/parry/move away/Royal Guard an enemy's attack through trial and error by practicing in The Void because the melee attack animations themselves are arbitrary as fuck when it comes to telling you when you actually have to perform your i-frame dodge move of choice
>when the boss is recovering after doing an attack, execute that one combo you've practiced which generates the most optimal amount of style points for this boss and the amount of time the boss is staggered for
>input the necessary defense move again when it's the boss' turn to attack, then continue doing your most style-optimal combo
>rinse and repeat

what's the difference, really

hollow knight and sekiro are souls likes

I dont like that every new FROM game becomes faster and faster, in 10 years no "souls" game could be played by actual humans.

That's why you turn around and kill the invisible monkey the instant the "fight" starts. How the fuck did you have trouble with a gimmick boss?

>Hollow Knight is a hundred times harder than Sekiro or BB.
Oh fucking please. Maybe if you're a zoomer that isn't used to 2D action games.

Attached: Alucard.jpg (220x290, 27K)

There are still various ways to face roll bosses

the difference is dmc combat feels good and is fun, souls and suckiro combat feels like a slow awkward chore and sucks ass. souls games combat is on the level of a fucking skyrim battle.

That's not even close to what I said you mentally defective illiterate

>I dont like that every new FROM game becomes faster and faster, in 10 years no "souls" game could be played by actual humans.

Sekiro is not even that fast. Nor is it even that challenging.
Fucking God of War 2018 is more difficult, especially the trials and the valkyries.

how is hollow knight a souls like? because you drop money when you die? That's literally the only thing in common, other than that the game is just a metroidvania. By your logic, shovel knight is a soulslike.

>posts a character from the easiest castlevania game ever made

I love sotn but come on now, that game was piss fucking easy, you had to do dumb shit like no weapon no spell runs to even make it a challenge

No you've already shown us you're a dumbass

playing Chopin and Rachmaninoff on the piano
>memorize the required notes to play and then input them at the correct time
WOW SO HARD

Yes, but Nioh is still way more challenging that Sekiro.

In all honesty after the first 2 difficulty spikes with the first spear monk and lady butterfly Sekiro only gets easier and easier.

>game feeling
currently that's beside the point
what I'm wondering here is what it is that makes people think AVOIDING attacks in Sekiro feels like glorified QTEs but not in DMC

>I'm simply not patient/talented enouhg to learn that much.
>I'm a neither a casual
why the fuck you lyin

This coming from the faggot who constantly miquotes people with meme text and then replies to the false argument he himself created. Your newfaggotry in the genre is more than evident

The only "hard" part of Hollow Knight was getting lost and potentially killing yourself early due to not finding a bench.
Once you got the bunny-hopping down with your nail the game became a fun romp with some difficulty.
But hard as piss? Nah.

Attached: 1554436033058.gif (499x499, 1.27M)

I hope you aren't implying SotN is difficult. A senile monkey could beat the game, not to mention how easy it is to break it completely.

How is DeS hard?
I get BB because of D5 FRCs and Sekiro because PoH+Demons Burden.
Also >nioh

Sekiro literally gives u all u need in order to counter everything in the game. What excatly is unfair in this game? the only thing i can think of is the camera fucking u over but thats it.

That was my second post ITT. Thanks for confirming you're a dumb cunt who can't read

>I want to play a game properly, but I'm simply not patient/talented enouhg to learn that much.

The game wasn't made for you, go play something else.

>any game with overleveling
>hard
It just allows bad players to grind like autists to win.

epic win

i already recognized you from the other thread you absolute faggot

Here is a tip for all those who are having problems

If your on pc there are 2 mods you can use to make this game easier. There is one that turns on god mode. But don’t use that it willd just ruin your game.

There is an other one that slows down the game. Use that mod untill you figure out what the devs intended with the combat. This is the fastest way to make the game ‘click’

I sugest you use it before you get too frustrated or your game will be ruined.

I really like how fair Hollow Knight's difficulty is, bosses choreograph their attacks big time. It's just a matter of reacting to their attacks properly. Fighting the Mantis Knights is really satisfying, even when more than one of them is fighting you at once it isn't that hard to weave through all of their attacks.
I've only 100%'d the main game when it first came out. I haven't revisited the game yet to try out all of the new bonus content they've added. I have heard all that stuff is much harder

the game being challenging and hard are what make huge fucking chunk of atmosphere
buckle up and git gud
its not even that hard, shitloads of casuals have beaten it

yeah op should play a game with combat that's actually fun and doesn't feel like a punishment

I've been trying to kill speardude miniboss (the one in "starting area") for so many hours and just dropped the game for now. I just don't get why it was drilled in me to parry everything but then parrying becomes useless so wtf i do then, just run in circles and hit once for 30 miuntes?

Gang culture

>no damage
>clearly takes damage
lol

Is this game harder on base ps4? with it being at 30 fps with drops and all that. What I'm asking is if the game is harder at lower framerates for deflecting/dodging and all that.

You didn't recognize shit you absolute fucking idiot. I don't care about your autistic obsession with another thread I didn't post in, fuck off.

cool still nothing, got it gatekeeper

when do I use the snap seed when fighting that old hag?

>nuh uh! gatekeeper!

Not him but take the L

You can just.... play another game.

Attached: 1542571595179.gif (480x238, 443K)

This is the best post right here

Attached: 1534621313213.png (274x503, 359K)

they disperse her illusions. Wait until she casts the illusions

In the final half. But you don't need them. Just bait her 4 slash combo and then follow up with 2 mortal blade hits that take massive points off her

When she summons ghosts.
You can also just run around for like 20 secs until she despawns them if you don't have seeds

It's no surprise that your also a coward that doesn't stand by the shit that spews from his mouth too. You're such a fucking mongoloid that you actually thing anyone would share your retarded views and you could pass for anonymous.

it's kinda fucked, you can't use it immediately when she summons, you have to run off and let all the illusions spawn and THEN use it.
to be honest it's not worth waiting until you get snap seeds when you can just run around in circles until the dudes despawn

Godmaster was pretty much made for diehard fans of the series and was clearly not intended for most players to finish. If you love the combat and platforming, you'll have a great time with the DLC. There aren't any more bonus content to come since the Hornet DLC is now a full-fledged game that they're working on.

>no damage

Attached: damage.png (381x73, 45K)

>This is also a reason why fighting games are not fun
Tits or gtfo

>Get past Ogre
>Mostly smooth sailing
>hit some purple looking ninja nigga
>faster, stronger, tougher and skilled than I am
>Get even more Dragonrot.
I get that people like to meme about the soulsgames being hard if you don't know what you're doing but the game feels like it's constantly throwing you into "unfair" battles and punishing you for struggling, the game is fun but god fucking damn is it tedious and every 5 minutes there's a casual filter that makes me want to pull my hair out.

>accessible
Is this the new word they're gonna bastardized next?

speardude is actuly verry easy

Take a blue suger

Then hit him with your axe, hit him twice with your sowrd, reapeat until dead

>Nioh is way more challenging
>googles one shot build
WAO

dont, just hit the illusions once and they die, and you can get spirit emblems from them. When she dismisses them and they become butterflies, just sprint around the arena to advoid them.

>Dynasty Warriors 9 is better
>Samurai Warriors 4 is better
Holy fucking bananas how can a man such shit taste

>Souls games don't have good combat

parroting your favorite Youtuber doesn't make you right, compadre. Souls has excellent combat because of it's encounters and enemy design, and shits on 95% of other RPGs on the market. Mechanically and thematically, Souls combat is actually perfect with only a sparse few design issues. Only a true fool and brainlet would want to infect it with flashy combos and RPS mindgames.

Your statement also implies that because Souls combat is not "the best" (read- most skillful and most technical) that no game with lesser combat can exist. This is clearly not true, otherwise every game in existence would be a fighting game. The fact of the matter is that combat can be simple and simultaneously extremely enjoyable. Dark Souls is not God Hand, and it doesn't need to be.

Attached: 1533521676623.jpg (612x499, 89K)

90% of the retards crying for an easy mode are really plain retarded.

People have been conditioned to think that they just need to spam R1 to win.

Check this youtuber for example: youtube.com/watch?v=Oxy-05j0ZTw

Those are the people that cry about muh difficulty.

>a reason why fighting games are not fun.

Did you really just compare sekiro enemies to fighting game character inputs? you dont even have to learn there are thrusts sweeps and a few attacks to learn thats it.

Stop being a fucking casual then.

What's so hard about spamming L1, jumping over a telegraphed sweep and countering a telegraphed thrust?

It's no surprise that *you're a complete retard who cries samefag because you can't accept multiple people have views you disagree with. You have terminal autism, seek help.

I gave up, but if they didn't give me the option of using those modes I probably would have pushed and improved. If you give players the option, they will rather go through the door instead of over the wall.

Same could be said for every ARPG

People keep saying just L1 and win, but I'm either retarded or somethings amiss, parrying Elite mooks feels like they get little posture damage while you get a fuck ton.

Play a different game then ffs

your posture hardly matters at all

I'm not crying anything, you're literally that faggot.

He's just going to accuse you of being a samefag from a different thread because he has no real argument

NG+ Charmless, Bell Demon, Sword Saint. I gave him the ol' spicy Mist Raven trick
and spicy Umbrella which turned out actually is a strong tool. Want some fun? Use it on that faggot Genchiro when he does the autistic flailing attack and watch his posture gauge completely fill up

Attached: 20190406164435_1.jpg (1920x1080, 383K)

Don't you still take damage from lightning when doing a reversal?

It's like you've just described any game made by From after the 1st Demon's/Dark souls.

I'm literally not though. Stop crying and take your meds.

This and it's hilarious. No enemy has a move made for punishing you getting posture broken, the only way you get hit is if it happens at the start of a long and fast combo which should never happen.

>I sugest you use it before you get too frustrated or your game will be ruined.
Just go to Senpou temple and fight Centipede Sen'Un. He is all you need to understand parrying.

>he
>literally cries samefag while telling others no to

As if you couldn't be any more of a mong

without prosthetics

Attached: 20190404155154_1.jpg (1920x1080, 315K)

He's a pro-google guy. It's the same thing as Lego wanting everyone to call Legos LEGO bricks, it's a copywrite thing.

Great job proving my point you insufferable mong.

I'm new on this game. What does charmless mean? I know about the bell.

I just made it to the Owl boss fight. Are there any tough bosses ahead? Feels like I'm close to the end.

He's (probably just larping as) a freetard, so both.

Charmless makes it so you take damage if you guard so everything needs to be a perfect deflect

>beat Divine Dragon
>all of Ashina is now crawling with elite red assholes with a billion HP and posture
This is some serious B-team design. I'm so bored.

Really?
Damn maybe I should just spam L1 and hope for the best then.

Any other general advice?

>No enemy has a move made for punishing you getting posture broken
Owl initiates an instant kill stomp if your posture is maxed

>drachenlord
lel

>cutest girl From ever made not interactable

Attached: 1505288516712.png (334x166, 66K)

>game progresses, changes and introduces new enemies as you progress
>B-team design
nigga wut?

Attached: durden.jpg (705x960, 89K)

What the fuck am I watching? Is the player mentally handicapped? He's literally just pressing buttons regardless of what's happening on the screen.

use combat arts

lol has that guy mental problems?

We're not talking about every other RPG, we're talking about which is more challenging and NIOH having a way to kill a boss in less than 10 seconds makes it less challenging than Sekiro. Hell, having an item that lets you instantly get back what you lost upon death makes it easier than dark souls.

>Memorizing 50 enemies attacks is not fun
You don’t have to. The most you’ll have to remember is like, 10. Once you persevere after learning from your mistakes, you can forget.

That’s the main problem with you “easy mode” pansies. None of these games are difficult or impossible. They’re hard, but they are SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to force the player to learn from their mistakes. You gotta show honor and respect, much like an actual shinobi.

TLDR: OP is a faggot.

yeah but it's fucking slow and just gives you a free punish

>Is the player mentally handicapped?
Yes, actually. Literally Chris-chan tier. His story is an equally deep rabbit hole.

A reskin of an old enemy with but inflated stats is B-team design.

Deflect

That's accurate, DS2 is the game with the most changes on NG+

Owl is maybe 70% through the game. The hardest bosses in the game come after.

>reskin of old enemies
lmao the ashina soldiers have a completely different model and moveset from the purple shinobis and they both ahve a different model and moveset from the deadpool looking enemies at the end.

it literally has iframes you absolute autist

>You gotta show honor and respect, much like an actual shinobi.
That's the cringiest weeb stuff I've read here in a long time. Also factually wrong. Ninja have a reputation for being dishonorable cowards.

>bloodborne is teh best sulz!

Nobody cares. Take your casual blog somewhere else. This is strictly a trap sharing anime board

prove it gaylord

Dodge and jump both have iframes. Forward (or neutral, same thing) dodge has the most.

>dodge at the right time
Yeah, like before the attack hits you. I hate that gay Souls shit where you teleport through the 20 foot tall bosses sword.

not him but both dodging and jumping in this game have i-frames, they're just less than souls games, since they wanna encourage parrying over dodging.

Whats the point in the huge open area right past after snake eyes shufuji in ashina depths, right before that ghost area?
I thought there would be a boss but maybe i missed something

Getting my shit stomped by Isshin lads, maybe this game does need an easy mode after all.

>shinobi
>assasins and spies
>honor and respect
Fuck off narutard

During his last phase just run around far away from him and attack him once or twice when he jumps in.
It takes awhile but it’s way easier than actually trying to deflect his crazy phase 3 shit.

There is a boss. You'll see. Or maybe you won't. It's missable. Just visit it later after the plot moves forward.

I have never played a game in my life where there is such a sudden jump from finding a boss impossibly hard, then hitting the point where you've memorised all their stages like a fucking rhythm game and perhaps take one or two hits the entire fight and finding them pathetically easy.

I havent beaten genchiro yet but I just ran right through that open area

go there after you beat Guardian Ape

>You gotta show honor and respect, much like an actual shinobi.

Attached: 1519035018110.webm (960x720, 1.98M)

If you run out of posture, then you are open to an attack. If you are just failing to block attacks then that's because you suck.

>shitters having to cheese every single boss WHILE using charm/no bell
absolute shitcans

Is there anyone here that legitimately can't progress in the game because of the difficulty? No memes, just wondering. It's a challenging game for sure and some bosses take a bit longer than others but i feel like every boss is pretty fairly balanced.
>t. killed isshin yesterday

This, but I don't think it's a bad thing. Correctly timing all of your deflections and counters is really satisfying.

I think the red attacks are really poorly thought out, primarily because the game encourages you to be so in the enemy's face that your character model is literally obscuring the majority of any human sized enemy, and it becomes difficult to tell the difference between the attacks, specifically thrusts and grabs, while with sweeps you generally see them swing their sword low to the side of them.

I did, and it was a better game

Killer is Dead really does have better combat than any souls game and takes more skill too

Wait, i mean snake eyes shirahagi. The open area right after her

Amelia is really easy to stagger with a charged R2 attack

Yeah. Playing NG+ with no charm and with bell is surprisingly a lot easier than you might think. When you beat a boss in Sekiro, you REALLY beat a boss.

I dunno, I know people get pissy when you mention Dark Souls but I liked the fact that you could replay those games with different builds and find certain bosses way harder or way easier depending on how you're playing, and actually discover neat things about them that you didn't know before. whereas bosses in this game feel like you may as well never play them again after you've worked them out.

>he's still going

It's especially bad when you're fighting the final boss in the flower field since they're waist deep in flowers, making it even harder to see what move they're going for.

>mortal blade
>not finishing hirata estate in one go after getting the bell

Attached: 1529418577352.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

And Miyazaki is still making these tgames, your point being?

I honestly never had a problem with that. It only crops up for those midget fucks with the non-shield hats. I don't look at them at all when I'm fighting them because I can't see them anyway. It's terrible. I just hit them three times, deflect and repeat because they're predictable.

Why cant they do like DMC and put a shitter difficulty like Human or Devil Hunter?

>beat chained ogre without fire
>or with fire
there's your fucking difficulty setting, retard

How the fuck do people get stuck on ogre when its literally the most dark souls boss in sekiro?

I'm stuck on him.
I dont want to cheat with stealth attacks or prosthetic cheesing.

I'm guessing cause it's a big enemy with long reach and a big grab in a small area

If you mean by running out of posture, then don't run out of posture. You also CANNOT run out of posture via deflecting. Your bar can be full and will stay full but you cannot be stunned as long as you're deflecting.

Also just get your posture down again. Holding block will make it drop faster, keeping high health will drop it faster.

Also 19/20 times the boss doesn't even follow-up if you run out of posture anyway, he just stares at you and you roll away.

Grabs always fuck up most players no matter what game. Ogre is a grab spammer.

>Only Lady Butterly is actually challenging
lmfao

how?

Hes probably the easiest boss in the game, if you cant beat him then dont even bother.
U can dodge the grabs?

Go away.

You are not supposed to be knocked down in the first place

>Also no enemy in this game is cheap. If you think there are then name them.
The twinblade faggots at the end of Senpou are kinda cheap desu. Harder than most bosses.

>U can dodge the grabs?

oh boy waiting for incoming hitbox webms

What is tedious about it? Didn't feel that once in the game
Sekiro is way better dude, wake up
There are literally no unfair deaths in Sekiro though lmao

>prosthetic cheesing
>red eyes being weak against fire is literally mentioned in game
>doesn't use this information

sasuga user-kun

>initiates

yes, and it arrives 2 weeks later. Punish implies something that is guaranteed.

Sekiro is absurdly easy
If you've at least reached the Genichiro rematch, start a new file over and see how long it takes you to reach that point again, excluding the side areas about Ashina castle. You can get to Genichiro in under an hour, easy.

But Ape is one of the best bosses ever in any game

I agree, and they're paired from the outset. Luckily there's only 5 of them in the entire game.

If you like dumb button mashers sure. But why compare it to Sekiro where the combat is completely different and more skill based and satisfying?

I didn't play magic or summon in souls games, why should I take the easy baby way out in sekiro? I already downloading Path of Hardships+Demon Bell start mod

This is my first playthrough. So if you dont have anytips beyond cheating, then fuck off

replaying souls game is a pain in the ass because i always forget where all the estus shards are

You get grabbed only if you dodge too late or in wrong direction

Doubt it.

you get grabbed if your shirt sleeve gets brushed by the hair on his knuckles

Wasted

Attached: 1544959858450.jpg (531x405, 35K)

The key is to not be an pussyfaggot, OP. Then the game becomes not that hard.

High skill floor
Astonishly low skill ceiling

Sekiro in a nutshell

Shouldve dodged earlier :^)

You're retarded. It is a Miyazaki game and the enemies at the end are not a reskin of any previous enemies. You must be fucking brain damaged if you can't tell they have completely different movesets from anything else in the game.

it has been added to the list of "hard to learn easy to master" titles

Attached: crusader-kings-cover-cac10[1].jpg (1200x1679, 263K)

>i always play melee
>i can't use prosthetics wtf dark souls didn't have them either
is this what autism is like?
and just back jump the grab lmao it's really not that hard.

When is the owl2 fight closed off? After I fight dragon boi?

>You also CANNOT run out of posture via deflecting. Your bar can be full and will stay full but you cannot be stunned as long as you're deflecting.
Are you shitting me? I never realized that. Just started my 2nd playthrough. Fuck, that would've been nice to know on some of the longer chains.

Soulsfags are used to dealing with enemies with fuck all tracking and dodges that have obscene amounts of i-frames

>back jump
>get grabbed because fromsoft still cant into hitboxes
Nice advice

Hitboxes

but i did and i beat every other available bosses and this game is still the worst from software game i have ever played

this does not slip.webm

That's Dark Souls and Armored Core in a nutshell too. Confusing at the start, but once you make progress you just cheese through the game.

Girugamesh

kys

On NG+ atm. What took me about 20 hours in my 1st playthrough now took me about 3 and I wasn't even speedrunning through anything.

Sekiro really is a Souls game. Refined at some parts, downgraded at others but its core is the same it ever was. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is entirely up to personal preference.

camera and bugged grab attacks

Just beat the game and honestly didn't enjoy it that much. Glad as fuck to be done

if you cant beat these guys at this point in the game you are just bad
plain and simple

Admittedly playing Sekiro made me want to watch a documentary on Senguko Japan. When I did I slowly began to realize how fucking retarded and gay Samurai are but about how kino Ninja are.

Their entire governmental system was a stratocracy ran by warlords that were constantly murdering each other over land. They would (pretend to) impose strict battle-etiquette on their soldiers for virtue signaling but when it came down to loyalty and honoring someone's military superior they would force strict bushido on their warriors to kill themselves if they broke from this vow. Samurai were basically some meme-tier knights being mind-controlled by a warlord following some pseudo-honor code of which really the only real consistent rule of was not breaking your master's wishes much like chivalry.

Then there are ninja. Which are the literal exact opposite, say "fuck battle-etiquette" and are kino. Contrary to pop culture and naruto-faggotry. They would dress in relatively tame garbs, be mostly from poor-middle class backgrounds and would use any assortment of weapons that made them win. They had divisions that would do shit like spy, assassinate, disseminate false information, do terrorist attacks, do false-flag terrorist attacks and just act as a general military police for a warlord. There is even one instance of them dressing up as elite enemy samurai, murdering an undefended village in cold-blood and then the warlord of the opposite faction demanded that the samurai they pretended to be kill themselves. Kino-shit desu senpai.

> I'm a neither a casual nor a hardcore gamer.
....So, you're a person who wants to play games casually, but you're not a casual? You know, there is nothing wrong with being a casual, but there is something wrong with casuals pretending they're not.
>I'm simply not patient/talented enouhg to learn that much
>No, memorizing 50 different enemies' attacks is not fun. No, memorizing weaknesses and gaps in offense of 50 different enemies is not fun
>I just want to have fun and experience the atmosphere and the story of the game
Well then why did buy a game that is obviously not something you'd enjoy. Thats like buying Call of Duty and complaining that it is a bad Kart game or buying MGS1 and complaining that it isn't a good run and gun shooter. Technically you'd be correct, but these games weren't made to be that. So why are you buying Sekiro and expected an atmosphere- and storydriven experience? You're complaining that you have to memorize enemy attacks and are continuously dying, in a game built around memorizing enemy attacks and continuously dying.

Attached: 1553692701813.jpg (640x640, 48K)

>I'm simply not patient/talented enouhg to learn that much

Attached: 4U.jpg (225x225, 6K)

What documentary did you watch and where can I watch it? Sounds pretty dope

And they're more popular and have better combat than any of Suda's games. Deal with it.

>I want to experience them all
There's your problem. The Sekiro experience includes the combat, that is in no way a fault. You gotta face that Sekiro just isn't to your taste and just play something else that you do like. People want to like popular games like it grants access to some secrect club, so if there's a popluar game that they can't enjoy, the game must be faulty. People feel like they SHOULD like Sekiro, so when they realize they don't the game seems worse because of the disappointment. Imo if reviewers were totally honest, Sekiro would probably have a much lower score because a lot of them probably just feel obligated to like it.

I sucked balls at Dark Souls and Im wrecking this game because you dont have to worry about exp farming, gear, builds, etc
Its literally just timing and practice. Its not hard.

Side note:
>Lose to Owldad about 12 times, getting rustled
>Get super determined
>Go in, woop ass, get to second phase
>SECOND PHASE DOESNT POP
>No new moves
>Win easily, feel like I got cheated out of a good fight

I have mixed feels.

Attached: 1482563426206.png (656x368, 236K)

By crying samefag while pretending others are doing the same.

What kind of fucking scrub has to memorize enemy patterns and can't just reflex and read every attack? This isn't a fucking puzzle game its an action game.

I couldn't motivate myself to get past Owl, if that counts. I got burned out hard because the gameplay wasn't fun for me.

>7 spears absolutely fucked my butt raw
>was incredibly mad, literally the hardest boss thus far
>kept trying to cheese him on the stairs but it was taking forever
>he runs off the cliff and "dies" giving me xp
>immediately feel like shit because of the hollow victory
>intense relief when i bonfire and he respawned

professionals have standards.

Attached: CfyhCyyWQAEHQF5.jpg (840x840, 76K)

Yeah. Learned that after I killed dragon :(

I dont want manpower that could've been spent on the main game pulled away to balance the easy mode. And unfortunately there are a couple times when I probably wouldve switched to easy mode and then not enjoyed it enough to play again on normal. I like that I dont have a choice but to become proficient. I made the mistake of playing DMC5 on easy because I havent played a dmc game in a decade and I've pretty much played nothing but bloodborne for the last 5 years and monster hunter world. Beat it then just didnt feel like picking it up again. That's a personal flaw and not a solid argument against easy mode but I'm sure I'm not the only one

>I sucked balls at Dark Souls and Im wrecking this game because you dont have to worry about exp farming, gear, builds, etc

I beat my first run of dark souls 1 with a +3 longsword because I didn't understand the upgrading process.

Guys I have an interesting story to share.So I just reached the Genichiro Ashina boss and after quiting the game I had a huge wave of Dejavu come over me. I immediately after that I had flashbacks of a dream I had severall years ago, where I saw that I was playing a game at a very similar part as the Genichiro fight and after that I shared it on an imageboard or similar. But then I didnt understand shit and the noly thing i got was the whole fighting mechanic of the game was to time your attack in sync with your opponents attack so that you would deflect them.
/End of blog.

It was the opposite for me

Git

typical phoneposter

From soft games unironically taught me how fun hard games are. Now I pick the hardest difficulty in most games. I hope they never add a difficulty slider.
If you stopped bitching and tried, you would understand that fun too. i'm convinced being good in from games is within everybody's reach, you just need to persevere, you don't wanna go hollow, do you?

Attached: 1472256980850.jpg (277x277, 75K)

The only ones I'd even say it was somewhat harder than was Demon's Souls and 2, but 2 even had bosses that gave me more trouble than anything in Sekiro.

Daily reminder that 80% of people who talk about Sekiro on this board have either just watched videos of it on YouTube or used a trainer to beat it.

Telling weebs how real samurai and ninjas were is like telling a 5 year old that Santa doesn't exist.

Based.

I am glad Sekiro exposed the amount of casual trashcans that infest this board.

>Can't summon/overlevel/cheese
>Yea Forums calls it unfair bullshit

With the big bosses in bloodborne, some of their body parts have their own hidden health bars. If you deplete one, it stuns them for a while, allowing a lot of free hits
A good strategy is to hit the same limb here and there while keeping your stamina bar near topped out, then once you break it immediately start slapping another one

I've found that I'm incapable of playing simon says thanks to Sekiro. Thanks fromsoft.
But seriously though I'm glad these games are finally challenging for me again, I got through all of the previous ones really easily because I played Demon's Souls a ton back in the day. Sekiro finally changes up the combat enough

I have the same feeling.
>close to release
>people on Yea Forums say it's harder than all souls games combined
>prepare lube for my ass rape
>game is actually not harder, if not easier, than any souls game
>no boss in sekiro raped me as much as O&S, fume knight, or sister friede
Did you guys really summon/overlevel in souls and thought that counted as finishing the game?

Attached: a55d694a82623f0525c397f780b4565b0edd06a5_00.jpg (424x400, 36K)

>use game mechanic
>i-it doesn't count as beating the game!

Guess everything that isn't SL1 no hit isn't beating the game.

The game isn't for you. Quit crying faggot and go play something else.

It's true that was a harsh way of putting it. But then don't be surprised if sekiro rapes you, because it's about the same difficulty as souls solo without overleveling. If you've never experienced it, it makes sense that you feel like it's harder.

I didn't try Sekiro myself. I'm notorious among those who know me as a really shit person at videogames. I'm terrible at every genre except puzzles and I still try my best to enjoy some games that people find hard somehow, such as dark souls or bayonetta.

I believe games should not get easier to pander to me. I can only finish DMC5 on human, but that's because I suck, not because the game is unfair. I can only finish Dark Souls because in Dark Souls a lot of the difficulty comes from not expecting things to come at you at certain points and having a proper build. I finished Gothic 1 because I learned I could have some NPC killed and grab his overpowered fucking weapon. Videogames teach some skills that people underestimate and feel like shitting on because they seem to think their lives are so fulfilling by doing the same bullshit everyday at their job they must also do the same bullshit everyday at videogames without any sense of reward or accomplishment.

>I can only finish DMC5 on human
jesus how bad are you
just press dodge when it looks like enemies are about to do something

You don't know. I had a lot of trouble even beating the second boss on devil hunter.

Same

Why are there so many DMC annoying fans in sekiro's thread?

Attached: 1452353205739.gif (169x164, 345K)

>Grab animation starts and Kanji appears
>blocks like a retard

git gud

You could probably drag yourself across the finish line if you didn't focus on doing insane multi-string combos and instead just mashed basic moves.

>they just track and grab anyway.
I am so sick of seeing people peddle this garbage. Learn the fucking timing you mong. It's not the game's fault that you did it too early, it's yours.

Yeah, but at that point it's more like work and less like fun. There's 2 million games out there where I can just mash to win.

I like your post, you have a good hindsight
>they seem to think their lives are so fulfilling by doing the same bullshit everyday at their job they must also do the same bullshit everyday at videogames without any sense of reward or accomplishment.
That's a good point but I think it's slightly amiss, people don't "enjoy" doing mind numbing shit at their jobs, they just don't have a choice, so when they go home they want insipid, quickly rewarding casual shit, like BR, MOBAs, card games. That's why those are the most popular genres

I just don't get it. I like getting home and watching a new decent movie, something I can talk or think about. Something to chew on that isn't the same shit every single day.

>When I did I slowly began to realize how fucking retarded and gay Samurai are
But that's the fun of samurai. Films like Harakiri are the best because they're all about the hypocrisy and weakness of the samurai class (and by extension humanity)

>Harakiri
Top tier taste. I hope you saw the original and not the gay remake.

You mean you love the idea of it. I'm not trusting you to critique something you can't engage with at even a decent level.
>No, memorizing 50 different enemies' attacks is not fun
Good thing you don't need to
>No, memorizing weaknesses and gaps in offense of 50 different enemies is not fun.
see above
>This is also a reason why fighting games are not fun.
t. scrub
>Why bother learning all that dumb shit if I just want to have fun and experience the atmosphere and the story of the game?
Watch a let's play zoomer
>I'm currently fighting picrel
It's not a fight, it's a parry test

Sekiro was too easy and From should patch in a harder mode that doesn't require knowledge of the demon bell or playing through once first.

Attached: Mibu Balloon of Tears.png (739x545, 528K)

Obviously the original. I'd also recommend everyone watches Sword of Doom. I'm not sure if the fact that the sequels were never made adds or detracts from the ending.

Sekiro is just carving me into cutlets
>started reading Vagabond

Attached: Vagabond.jpg (2000x800, 1.33M)

Sekiro is more similar to Blade of the Immortal

Attached: Blade of the Immortal.jpg (500x721, 114K)

I think one of first retextures I've seen was Blade of the Immortal Coat for Sekiro.

Honestly, it's amazing how quickly that manga improves. The first 5 or so chapters are complete shit - incomprehensible, terrible artwork then it suddenly gets way better. Everything from the dungeon onwards is 1000% pure kino.

The movie was a disgrace desu, not sure why anyone would try to adapt an enormous manga into 1.5-2h of screentime.

The first time I saw the centipedes in immortal enemies this is what i thought of

Severely underrated post.
There are plenty of other ninja games that are a power fantasy. Go play those and stop whining about not liking something that was never meant for you.

Attached: 1554587380532.jpg (680x385, 27K)

>WAAAAHH ;___; T____T *sniff*
Just finished NG+ in 3 hours eat my ass lmao

Attached: 1507519643129.jpg (720x720, 240K)

I'm sure that was intentional.

>tfw chose the iron code
fuck

Attached: 85647655554.jpg (480x480, 27K)

Cuck
You would probably also listen to your mom if she told you to stop dating that anime girl

>2nd phase ape is easier than 1st
To be fair he can't really see shit but my guess is the intention was to make that phase harder

I love DaS1 but I fully admit it's probably because it was my first foray into the series and I have so many fond memories of early blind playthroughs where I had no fucking clue what I was doing or why.

>playing with the charm

> I'm neither a casual

clearly that's not the case.

> imagine thinking Sekiro is more difficult than other Souls games

step up, you fucking pussy.

You know that hitting their guard is a good thing, right?

Have you actually played the game? This is a blatant lie. Just because you have a learning disability doesn't mean Sekiro asking you to play differently than soulsborne is a bad thing.

Before launch:
>the revive mechanic is gonna make this game so easy, fucking FROM casualized it all
After launch:
>fucking soulless, literally impossible. what do you mean I can't roll through everything?!
Like fucking pottery with you faggots, and this thread proves it. Literally adapt and git fucking good, lmao at all of you absolute retarded whiners.

>Everytime I died in Sekiro "Fuck, this shit is so unfair"
And then i realized the game lets me resurrect and the perfect block timing is ridiculously generous
Stop being lazy and bad, git gud is unironically good advice

>No, memorizing 50 different enemies' attacks is not fun.
Opinion.
>No, memorizing weaknesses and gaps in offense of 50 different enemies is not fun.
Opinion.

What do you like? Mashing a button and QTE?

Dunno why everyone had trouple with guardian ape, I beat him in 4 tries. Hard is the Shadow Swardsman in the resovoir and trying to learn his pattern with the camera fucking you over.

>sekiro literally gives you a free pass for deaths with resurrection
>Everytime I died in Sekiro "Fuck, this shit is so unfair"
You have to be a massive retard.

This. I haven't bought Darkest Dungeon because it doesn't appeal to me. Looks like a cool game, but it seems like it'll be too punishing for my liking.

My buddy said the dlc fixed some of the issues I had with it, I cant bring myself to buy the dlc though. I want to like it so bad but just cant.

>they've eliminated what made Souls difficulty appealing in the first place
What made the difficulty of DaS appealing to me was that it was challenging, but ultimately fair and something I could overcome. Sekiro is much the same in that regard.

Once you know how the fights work there is no really dangerous threat so long as you have a well put together team.

it's clearly the game they wanted to make
they're entitled to do whatever they want and you're free to hate or enjoy it
why people want a dev to change a game for the sake of inclusiveness is beyond me