Halo thread

>we will never have trailers this good
youtube.com/watch?v=40jdpzrpIps

youtube.com/watch?v=XRMUYpH7bQk

youtube.com/watch?v=yMMDlxYX6WQ

youtube.com/watch?v=BxdvGO1oOF0

>hype for a game will never be this big
>we can't go back to the good ol' days where we had LAN parties/ played split-screen with our friends

Attached: halo-3-teaser-i3556.jpg (480x717, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HaloCodex/status/1049097736211980288
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHhhGiSBedE
soundcloud.com/huntthetruth
youtube.com/watch?v=cmqirS2bNFU
youtube.com/watch?v=vmT2V98zcW4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

go back to plebbit

bros

we're comin' home

Attached: swatfeel.png (586x485, 142K)

>being a zoomer

Attached: 9ae.jpg (1024x521, 43K)

lolololololololo

Halo 2 has some of the best performance in voice acting ever
twitter.com/HaloCodex/status/1049097736211980288

that "song" in the second ad is meant to be Welsh, but the pronunciation is god awful

>SWAT
Disgusting.

Halo 5 marketing was absolutely tip tier, just a shame the actual game was completely different and a steaming pile of shit lmao

Enjoy your diversity filled Infinite

Attached: 1554422244616.jpg (500x666, 130K)

Bros...
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHhhGiSBedE

Attached: 1554531735361.jpg (550x627, 74K)

>Not able to land headshots
Disgusting

>not able to land more than one shot
Typical SWATfag.

>implying that isnt the problem
even an 5 year old can consistently head-shot with how fucking slow Halo is and the map design doesnt help with this at all. It might as well just be instagib with concrete sandals

>I Can't Aim For The Head: The Post

More like Gaylo.

The Hunt the Truth audio series got me really hyped for Halo 5, sucks that it was all just hype and the game didn't deliver on any of it.

Trailers better than final game thread?

So ready to be gaylo again

>This is what SWATfags actually believe
Landing headshots is piss easy. However I prefer my games to have more than one fucking weapon used in a sandbox with a mountain of guns and vehicles. You're literally reducing a stretch of content down to a FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION tier autism pool.

Halo Reach is a broken game. The people who developed Crackdown 2 are the ones responsible for porting it to PC.

The absolute state of you idiots, hyped for the port of a broken game. Fuck 343!

Attached: fwmbag.jpg (227x222, 7K)

HTT was one of the best pieces of work 343 has done. So vexed it meant jack shit in the end...

>announces MCC for steam
>"but you have to wait a while before it comes out"
>okay
>"it'll be an early access game"
>uh...okay
>"sign up for a beta testing key for halo reach. By the way, only halo reach is coming out for MCC first"
Jesus fucking Christ, way to shit on everyone's hype for MCC, they had the big announcement but they petrified the momentum.

>early access
Where’s your proof?

>can't handle using more than one strategy
Would tell you to go play mlg, but at least mlg has more depth than swat

I'm about to listen to it again. When it was live it was one of the few things I've ever made time for and kept up to date with.

>HTT
?

soundcloud.com/huntthetruth

The fucking chills!

Attached: 1548782981022.png (1319x991, 292K)

Houkago Tea Time, don't listen to this guy

Aww I forgot this was a ship. Not a fan of this kind of shit but this is way to cute.

The ign article where she regrets halo 5 was hilarious, to the point she said it should’ve been a spin off

threadly reminder:

Bungie

Attached: 5zlkryovhsh21.jpg (1920x1080, 958K)

343i

Attached: halo4marines.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Gib source

Wait what? An honest studio head? and she's a woman? I've been complaining for weeks about various developers who refuse to admit mistakes and suddenly an actual vagina manages to deliver.

wort wort wort

>500+ years in the future
>Molle webbing

Attached: 1674537890.jpg (632x470, 63K)

Can't wait for the high res spartan booty when reach releases on pc.

Attached: 1554068876347.jpg (640x360, 79K)

what game that?

Reach

>female spartans

???

Attached: Linda.png (939x1080, 701K)

Attached: 1554560877219.jpg (607x591, 188K)

Female Spartans have literally been a thing since the first books. Genetic manipulation combined with destroying their sexual functions pretty much makes male and female Spartan IIs completely identical beyond their voices.

Yes.

Attached: Halo_-_The_Fall_of_Reach.jpg (246x405, 25K)

No, instead of just admitting that 343 fucked up with 4 and 5, she just tried blaming Microsoft and their higherups. She also glanced over the fact that 343 hired people who didn't even like Halo to make the games.

Man I wish Linda was player 2 in CE like this book hinted at. It probably would have stopped the need for feminism in gaming... and she's just cool af anyway

>book Linda
>classic Mark V armor, uses a sniper without a scope because she can just use her helmets visor-link software
>343i Linda
>5 retarded lenses slapped onto her ugly tan armor, two on her sniper
Should have just given her GUNGNIR.

>a book nobody read means that there's definitely female spartans, even though the games specifically state Master Chief is the last spartan
ok.jpg

Ehhh that sucks, still a "bit" more transparency than I'm used to. Bethesda and Bioware still refuse to admit they ever made a bad game

>even though the games specifically state Master Chief is the last spartan
lmao

The book came first and from the characters perspective Chief is the last spartan because they don't know the outcome for a battle they didn't witness.

to be fair, Linda was officially dead during the events of Pillar of Autumn being attacked during Halo: CE. The only reason she survived was that they found her cryostasis pod that was ejected before Pillar of Autumn landed on the Halo ring, and resuscitated her

343 even did a little nod to her by having her pod status next to Chief's in Halo CE:A

Attached: n0NWt1Y.png (1920x1080, 1.82M)

What about Kelly's fore head visor lel?

Attached: Kelly.png (558x1044, 575K)

We won't, but the zoomers will. Our time is over, all we can do is wistfully remember when we used to actually feel things.

>WAHHHHH IT'S A DIFFERENT COLOUR!!!!!
So this is the power of nostalgia babbies...

Attached: v in a nutshell.jpg (590x385, 15K)

>Male and female spartans looking identical

Attached: cw005.jpg (1164x693, 354K)

neat!

Even if Chief is the last spartan, which is never stated in the games, Reach is a prequel.

Attached: master chief.png (1922x599, 1.49M)

The book *literally* came before Halo: Combat Evolved. Not even joking. The Fall of Reach is widely accepted as absolute canon next to the games.

Sure you can argue about the authenticity of the lore and canon of the other books, but The Fall of Reach is the sole book that is 100% officially undeniably canon.

>halo 5: Guardians

Attached: 1552608740009.gif (720x348, 1.33M)

Yeah I guess she was dead, but It would have been way better than two chiefs

fuck off zoomer

Attached: 624.gif (1133x845, 2.7M)

>Genetic manipulation combined with destroying their sexual functions pretty much makes male and female Spartan IIs completely identical beyond their voices.
Funny, I mentioned nothing about looks or appearance and yet your quote that materialised out of nothing states I did.

I'm quite clearly hinting at combat performance, dude.

>classic Mark V armor, uses a sniper without a scope because she can just use her helmets visor-link software
How does that work? Even mister chief needed to use the scope on the sniper rifle.

What do you mean how does that work? The helmet's targeting software does all the aiming, the scope is pointless and is only attached to the weapon in-game because marines are using it.

Fuck halo 5, the books have continued to maintain that Spartan IIs are strong faced baldies with semitransparent skin like a heroin addict.

They're pale because they get zero sun exposure. How is that not believable? They're in their suits for so long that I dread to imagine what the inside would smell like when they finally take it off.

Chief was in his suit for how long between the beginning of Halo 2 to the end of Halo 4?

Hmm, no I mean that that pic depicts Linda as a normal looking female when the books have always said even the females look practically alien to normal soldiers. Some Spartans even keep their helmets on because it helps them relate to the marines easier.

DMR SWAT is so fucked based, fek you

Probably never because Microsoft is now playing it smart and putting the money where it needs to be, the game development over the stupid lying advertisements.

This

Just to cover my ass, I really dislike Halo 5.
But am I the only one who actually enjoyed breakout?

same fag

youtube.com/watch?v=cmqirS2bNFU
take me back

breakout was the only good mode in Halo 5. A return to pure arena shooter style gameplay.

FUCK what they did with Warzone though.

Sorry I was too busy playing the superior game mode for people with exquisite taste - Invasion.

Attached: 1554299136314.jpg (2779x1696, 334K)

Actually a bit better, not sure why it's so domed though. It's like they wanted to just give her pilot or EVA but couldn't resist fucking it up a bit.

Oh thank god, I said this elsewhere and I got swarmed by retards.
I wish they kept it the way it was in beta, where we had clear squads of two on each team, felt fucking cool to be on teal squad with my bro, while cyan squad watched our backs.

Halo was always diversed, faggot. Don't expect any gays or trannies to show up in the game, 343 don't do that, also, if you think this means Locke and Osiris are returning, then you're also wrong, those fuck bags got shoved into the books and are never returning to the games. Halo Infinite is a Chief only game, Blue Team may not even make it in.

That was hilarious, glad she called Brian Reed and Josh Holmes on their bullshit.

It's a well fact that Microsoft fucked up their game development, just look how many games they canceled and studios they closed down this gen, what you gonna try to say Microsoft wasn't responsible for that. I didn't think Yea Forums would start sucking old Microsoft dick when they were cancer until Phil finally took over in 2017.

I'm 27 and I've been playing Halo ever since I bought Halo: Combat Evolved with an original Xbox back in 2002 (when it was released in Europe; it was 2001 in North America).

Face it, you nostalgia fags have no argument whatsoever. "WAHHH HALO 4 AND 5 ARE DIFFERENT FROM GAMES I PLAYED FIFTEEN YEARS AGO, WAHHHHHHH"

I mean how pathetic is that? If you want to play Halo 3 then go and play Halo 3, who the fuck do you think is stopping you? The old games are great but so are the new games. Thank God they brought Halo up to date and didn't just release the same game over and over like you manchildren seem to want. Christ that would have killed the franchise instantly.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (558x614, 18K)

apparently the total budget for halo infinite is half a billion dollars according to several sources. that includes development for the new slipspace engine, marketing and obviously the game development. we'll get high quality trailers without a doubt. everyone keeps forgetting that there's going to be a halo tv series on showtime so there's defo going to be some high quality trailer productions.

I think EVA would have been great. Although Scout is my favorite and she is a scout after all so I wish they just gave me that.

this really what you're gonna do with your entire Saturday man?

Glad the books never matter then, if a female Spartan isn't hot, she doesn't belong on the battlefield or games.

>s-s-samefag
Go the fuck back.

You ruined the other thread with your incessant shitposting, so please do everybody a favour and fuck off from this one.

Vale was based and wouldn't mind her returning, she holds a lot of the core features of halo. Locke though I would have liked to return but they really didn't use him well so he could fuck off like the rest. If Locke changed heart during the fight scene with the armor lockdown thingy I would have loved that.

Attached: Olympia.png (675x1080, 590K)

You can't even argue a comparison between 343i's armor design and Bungie's. 343i seemed to think Halo was an anime or something because they made half their armor needlessly spiky and impractical. If you read Halo Reach's armor descriptions, all of them make a degree of sense. For instance one helmet (don't remember what it was called) said it was made to reduce the odds of decapitation, and the neck and chin armor was bulky to reflect that. Meanwhile, 343i armor will claim to "increase aggression" or some retarded shit, and it will reflect that by putting a giant spike on your head because that makes perfect sense and wouldn't slow down a warfighter at all.

Is this another circlejerk halo thread where everyone says Halo 4's campaign is terrible.

Or is this the thread with people that have actual good taste?

Attached: halo4_455371b.jpg (1200x714, 140K)

Spartans aren't quantifiable in a way like that, each one brings something different to the table. It's silly to even consider them male or female, they aren't even human anymore.

She was just some damn Elite bitch, if I wanted a Covenant Encyclopedia I would just go to Halopedia.

No one reads your gay ass books, glad Bungie and 343i ignore them for the most part because even they no parts of them were shit.

>i cant out strafe and out shoot anyone else the post

shit was for cod kiddies

I want to fucking cry. This song brings me back too much memories.
Just give us Halo 2 on Steam god damn.

How much longer till homecoming lads?

Attached: 23434.png (664x793, 58K)

That's what made her COOL! She's an honorary Sangheili and I would raise her hybrid babies, okay maybe that's too far.

Attached: Olympia2.png (500x381, 178K)

he is complaining about the "free" insider testing that people like me are going to play in a week or two.

the same program they used for mcc on consoles. which i was also in from the beginning.

seeing halo 3 in 4k and hdr for the first time was pretty fucking sick desu cant wait to enjoy reach with m/kb though

Why do I feel like you're this faggot trying to get (you)s in another format? Your retarded ass didn't show up until he did.

Seriously dude, it's the weekend. Jerk off, play games, do something else besides being a monstrous queer for once in your life.

Attached: 1551832863343.jpg (215x204, 6K)

Reach flighting this month

>Infinite is a soft reboot, mainly a gameplay/mechanics reboot that gets rid of armor abilities but keeps sprint
>campaign is made with sprint in mind
>sprint functions in gametypes that support more players in a map as once such as BTB
>smaller 4v4 and 2v2 gametypes as well as lone wolves however does not have sprint
>these smaller maps are also designed to work without sprint in mind while bigger maps are designed with it in mind
>armor abilities must go since they are more cancerous in actuality

What you guys think? They are going to at least keep some things left over from their Halo games and I would suspect they keep sprint so lets be realistic here.

Halo 4's campaign was okay-ish. Not awful but not great. There were too many things that brought the campaign down
>The entirety of Spartan-IV's
>Sarah Palmer
>Captain Del Rio
>too many FUCKING Prometheans, literally zero enemy variation outside the first 2-3 levels
>Final boss fight being a fucking QTE

However I can recognize Halo 4 brought some good concepts to the table:
>deep dive into the Forerunners and extended Lore
>excellent Master Chief and Cortana moments
>Chief faced with morality, questioning his beliefs -- becoming more human than just another cog in the machine like a robot
>Requiem is fucking amazing to explore
>Focus on Dr Halsey, finally

Unfortunately Halo 5 takes everything good about Halo 4 and completely throws all that out the window and essentially "reboots" the series for no fucking reason instead of building upon what Halo 4 introduced

Halo 4 was alright.
Halo 5 was absolute dogshit.

I'm not him but I'm in favor of bookshit stying out of the games.

Of course you guys like the bitch, she's all you, Xenophile faggots that want to hump a fucking alien.

Yeah after that second comment I realized he was just fishing for my (you)s, sucks that I lost a few but you live and learn.

>the newfag who doesn't remember midnight Halo threads

Attached: 1432945754330.jpg (533x452, 23K)

>he doesnt want the bac BIG ARBITER COCK

what are you a fucking homo?

desu i blame halo and mass effect for my xeno fetish and faggotry honestly

Reach's trailer has a very cool premise in the first half, but gets more and more retarded at the end. Noble 6 just using a jet pack to get into the Covenant ship with no resistance. It's like the script writers for the commercial couldn't think of a good conclusion.

This

Best spartan from the side stories.

Attached: 1355533942964.jpg (840x540, 347K)

>hump a fucking alien
*blush* N-no!
Really though I just have a big interest in anthropology and I was born to late for the human kind so xenoanthropology it is.

Attached: 1449595934037.png (918x889, 526K)

>homo calling anyone a homo
You need to be gassed with the Elite bitch from Halo 5, glad she's stuck in the books forever.

ehhhhhhhhhhhh im the same age and have played halo just as long.

h2a is literally what halo 4 should have been.

but i will admit halo 5 multiplayer is actually fun. it just needs a few tweaks. remove sprint and thruster charge. rest can stay desu even the ads system

but in the end the original trilogy shits on the new series and 5 has an unforgivable single player

>tfw they kill Jul'Mdama within SECONDS of Halo 5, making that entire arc completely pointless
>they kill the Didact in a fucking COMIC
I have a feeling Halo 5 suffered an Anthem development like Bioware. How do you fuck up this badly

That dosen't look like Lucy's armor... I sure hope you meant best Spartan II

Attached: 300px-HM-Ash-cropped.png (300x314, 159K)

you want me to tongue your butt hole faggot?

Who cares about nu-Halo? I just want to play Halo 3 again on PC.

Imagine the smell.

Attached: 1554339452657.jpg (267x270, 24K)

Jul was a book villain for three whole books, I think they didn't want to confuse the non reader plebs with a huge data dump

Attached: DMIRBJEX4AAXgRc.png (746x512, 105K)

>Giving half a soggy shit about halo post Reach
The fuck are you on about, we're only hyped for the real (Bungie) games coming to PC.
I know for sure I won't be touching Infinite, not when I'm busy reliving my glory days with my bros.

Attached: 1370807545825.jpg (431x415, 20K)

YOU NIGGAS SAID THAT LAST MONTH

If they did they're retarded emails just went out a few days ago.

Attached: 1554232219582.jpg (1080x1657, 500K)

None of those are even good. This was the good one: youtube.com/watch?v=vmT2V98zcW4

>FINISH THE FIGHT 2007
There should have been no more Halo after that. Well it's the last one I played anyway.

thanks for the goosebumps and streams of tears

Remeber hearing everywhere this was in-engine? LMAO

Attached: ComeWithMeIfYouWantToLive.jpg (1536x1152, 217K)

in-engine =/= running in real time