Untitled

Attached: 355F928A-265C-40BF-A317-858FAA63EFC8.jpg (640x248, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclusive_dealing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>dude food metaphors lmao
the other borderlands games aren't even in the epic store

being mad at the Borderlands Epic exclusivity is like being mad a homeless man didn't shit in your sink while memespouting

no, it's like being mad that you can't get onions at a restaurant that only serves pepsi

being mad at the Borderlands Epic exclusivity is like being mad because you can't get an android phone at an apple store

shit b8

Attached: 1520207234200.jpg (227x250, 4K)

Yea Forums BTFO

No. It's like being mad that a Chinese restaurant brings you dog meat when you asked for a fortune cookie. Free Tibet. Free Taiwan. Tianenman Square Massacre 1989.

This is a bad analogy.

It's more like getting mad that Restaurant A, which used to sell both Coke and Pepsi, no longer sells Coke because Restaurant B paid Coke not to do business with Restaurant A.

wait, people are angry they can't play borderlines 3?

IM TIRED OF THE FUCKING FOOD METAPHORS USE ANY OTHER SUBJECT MATTER, PLEASE

Coke is fucking disgusting, so that analogy is shit

Im loving these platformwars PCfags are doing now. After all the years of consolewar shitposting.

More like getting mad at the restaurant that they told you they'll have coke in 6 months. Makes you wonder why they'd say anything

>being mad at the Borderlands Epic exclusivity is like being mad because you can't get an android phone at an apple store
>being mad you cant buy bicycles at a car dealership
>being mad you cant buy guns at the hospital
>being mad you cant buy groceries at radio shack
did i really have to point out how much of a horrible analogy this was or did you say this deliberately as a joke, you xbox hueg faggot

Attached: 1548642783292.jpg (638x558, 29K)

>tfw you only drink Dr Pepper

Attached: 1003028_334017450065507_629693701_n.png (800x800, 14K)

Being mad that Borderlands is an epic store exclusive is like being mad you can't get Nintendo games on a Sony/Microsoft console.

This
They got the tall boys at my local gas station for $1 a pop

There is no actual platform war. There are people who play video games and will use start using Epic on the day that it's actually better than Steam but no sooner, and there are shills and trolls shitting up the board.

based and texaspilled

is being annoyed that a restaurant only serves pepsi somehow bad?

>drinking sugary soda

Attached: microexpressions-contempt.jpg (524x336, 30K)

That doesn't make any fucking sense. Shove these food analogies up your ass, OP.

More like being mad you can't drink coke without the coca cola soda can opener™ that needs online access to use so you don't let your friends drink out of it when before it was one fucking opener that works for everything that was already bullshit you needed one in the first place because you could just fucking open the can of soda yourself with the tool it used to come with but hey at least now that one tells everyone that you're drinking Sprite

Attached: 1553389679817.jpg (620x349, 20K)

It more like the newest burger getting served in a Chinese restaurant instead of an American restaurant.

A lot of Pepsi exclusive restaurants are actually owned by PepsiCo though Yum! Brands.
When I learned this a whole lot of things began to make sense, lime I have literally never met anybody who prefers Pepsi to Coke.

This is a bad analogy, user.

That makes a lot of sense, both Borderlands and Coca Cola are trash

>not drinking banq's

>apple
ANOTHER food analogy? Come on

Imagine paying honest to god money for videogames
Fucking landlubbers man

Attached: 10[1].jpg (852x480, 32K)

Arguments from analogy are always retarded regardless of it being a Food one or not

Who cares, I don't need Epic to play the game.

Fuck chinks and fuck BorderSJW.

Attached: TPB_lives_forever.png (566x469, 100K)

oh look another idiot who can read cursive
it says bangs niggerbrains

Attached: 30 year old banger.jpg (250x229, 17K)

b-but le chinaman is stealing my data, only burger companies are allowed to steal muh data.
t.literal nobody who thinks he is worth shit.

What the fuck is with this "lol food analogy" meme? Are you really that mad that your worldviews can be shattered with such easy analogies? Get BTFO harder.

what

i can go to another restaurant that does serve coke

this analogy fails

exactly
you can just buy the game from the epic store

Being mad that Borderlands is an EGS exclusive is like being mad you didn't get served a lump of shit at a steakhouse

It's stupid because both of them is trash?

>i'm better than console players cause i use steam
while you were downloading a game for 8 hours ps and xbox gamers were having sex with their girlfriends

Don't use good for metaphors, poors won't understand them. Use television networks instead.

That person is an idiot, literally every place only serves Coke products it's Pepsi products you have to go to the store to get.

>kfc
>taco hell
>pizza hut

resturant = epic, only serve pepsi = borderlands. there's a million shoot and loots and they're all trash is what that post is saying

Food metaphors are the sports metaphors of car metaphors.

no its like being mad you couldnt get RC cola.

>food analogy

Sign of the brainlet.

>.
People that just post an image with a period as the OP need to fucking hang.

>there are people here that unironically defend the epic games store and bordershit 3.

An analogy that actually makes sense would be if there was already both a pepsi and coca cola machine in the restaurant and people were mad they weren't in one machine.

A while ago the epic store got hacked and someone in russia tried to log on it several times and they wouldn't let me change emails.
They can go fuck themselves.

>food analogy

Attached: 2E4AEF3D-7123-43FA-ADAC-72D6503838C2.jpg (750x719, 366K)

A valid comparison, because pepsi is an overall shittier product that buys itself into exclusivity rather than just trying to set itself apart from something that does the exact same thing better in every way. I don't get *mad* when a restaurant serves exclusively pepsi, because I don't drink soda, same reason I don't get mad when shitty games become epic store exclusive: because I don't play shitty games.

Attached: 1549174998323.jpg (1024x682, 75K)

No, it's like being mad you can't get coke anywhere in town except for Chang the fat cat's restaurant, because he paid off Coca Cola.

fuck off chinese shill

I miss the subway sandwich artisan memes

The security weakness is the ony valid complaint. Everything else is excited 15-year-old mayoboys who think they sound cool when they say "THIS IS ANTI-CONSUMER".

It's a step below Harry Potter metaphors in political discussion.

Seems you are retarded, epic is buying exclusivity, he can't get it anywhere else, you can get coke on a shitton of other restaurants, moron.

I don't eat at those places so I wouldn't know, I tried ordering a burrito at Taco Bell and I got nachos instead so I never went again. I literally ordered just two of the same item and they couldn't even do that right. I'm convinced people that eat at Taco Bell go there for the random dice roll of whatever you'll get served.

There are restaurants that only serve Pepsi?

>go to costco
>want to get a case of coke
>"SORRY SIR, WALMART BOUGHT OUT ALL THE COKE, YOU'LL HAVE TO GO THERE INSTEAD"
>"WHY ARE YOU MAD BRO, COSTCO HAD A MONOPOLY ON COKE SO WALMART BREAKING ANTI TRUST LAWS IS FINE BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT A MONOPOLY IS"
>"ALSO HURR ITS JUST A DIFFERENT STORE ITS FREE TO ENTER HURR"
>"ALSO PRAISE XI WESTERN FOREIGNER GWEILLO"

there, that's more accurate

Attached: 1542572079614.jpg (700x700, 153K)

Pizza Hut is owned by Bepis, I think.

It’s a simile, retard.

Food analogies are only used by burgers, because they're the only ones so stupid that they can't think of anything except for food.

Pizza hut is a restaurant?

Is that really a restaurant? That's a fast food joint.

>the only thing mexican about taco bell is the people who mess up your order
ok i thought this was just a problem at my local taco bell

IMAGINE COMPUTERS

its more like
>we are currently out of stock
>come back in 6 months

americans cant into smart analogy or simile or metaphor unless food involved

umm
thats a nice image you got there
mind telling me where you got it

Attached: 1525906407280.jpg (800x600, 159K)

i hate gearbox ubisoft for ar becase they smoothie must keep their jacks tradess inn the store always on dr M. never buy purchase game ever again never unless changes their footprint stances on drm then.

Can we talk about subway?
Why are there so much pajeets?

>and we're only out of stock because walmart paid us to only supply them for a year
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclusive_dealing

Attached: 1552684163215.jpg (400x400, 30K)

le china dog meat meme
pigs are smarterthan dogs

>It's like [other industry]
Fuck other industries, I'm talking about video games here.

Food analogies are like fast food restaurants, cheap, not that tasty, but everyone knows them and what they offer.

You can get pepsi at competing restaurants too though.
This is more like being mad that one particular restaurant paid pepsi off and now noone else is allowed to have it.

I would rather drink lego than that toxic fucking pisswater

>breaking anti-trust laws
Then report it.

>downloading a game for 8 hours
>Being from a 3rd world shithole
lmaoing @ ur life

Analogy only works if you go to the restaurant for coke, NOT for food.

>go to favourite food place
>it has a good reputation, knows what i like
>always serves up that refreshing coca cola
>one day i walk in and ask for the usual
>given pepsi instead
>"excuse me waitor, this isn't my normal coke."
>"sorry sir, a new restaurant opened up and bought all the coka cola shipments. if you want coke you'll need to eat there instead."
>"but i prefer to eat here..."
>some autist from across the room starts calling you entitled and that it promotes healthy competition, no matter how much it inconveniences you

Little ceasers. Not a restaurant really but still

Is this you?

Attached: 1430641336581.png (1243x559, 98K)

Because they are almost always bad analogies anyway.

This thread doesn't help your social credit score you dumb chinkposter.

Attached: 57g6c3uvz4o21.jpg (450x482, 32K)

>le food analogy
Can't Americans go even one sentence without thinking of something high in calories?

Attached: 1527336334359.jpg (407x428, 20K)

>try out this new place
>it's full of children who aren't even interested in Coca Cola, they're all drinking some new "Fantanite" shit
>can only pay by card
>order my food
>half way through eating, some russian comes up to me and steals it
>i can't get it back so i talk to customer service
>they are slow and completely unhelpful
>give up and just buy the same meal again
>turns out my bank details were stolen and all my money is now gone
>ask to talk to the manager
>"Sorry we don't allow people to discuss their negative experience."

This. It's like if every separate grocery was exclusive to one store chain, so you have to travel to two or three fucking separate grocery stores just to get all you need instead of just heading to one and getting all of them there. For instance, you want to make pancakes, but only store A has eggs, and only store B has milk. It would be one thing if store A just had run out of milk stock, but this is more akin to store B paying money to make sure the milk companies don't stock milk to store A. And now imagine people defending this bullshit, and you'll see exactly how stupid the Epicdrones look to the Valvechads.
>Inb4 "food analogy"

>PC constantly lording over console wars saying how dumb it is to have one over the other when you can just get a PC
>PC gets their own version of console wars, over which fucking launcher client to use
>thread after thread after thread
It's like poetry.

Attached: 1538683779395.gif (200x200, 1.87M)

Being mad at the Borderlands Epic exclusivity is like taking your brand new gas-guzzling BMW to the mechanics and getting upset when they give you back a Lambolinguine.

This is Randy Pitchford. He just got a nice personal bonus from Epic Games for an exclusivity deal on the Epic Games Store. Give a congratulations to him!

Attached: CuHtNgEVMAEUyyp.jpg (901x1200, 141K)

I am. It's bullshit there and bullshit here.
Next.

>restaurant makes a deal with Pepsi
>saves them some money at the price of customer options
>"You're not allowed to be upset about our decision to save money at customer's expense!!"

Welcome to peak capitalism, boys.

Attached: mfw.jpg (250x323, 24K)

Not at all.

Being mad at the Borderlands Epic exclusivity is like giving your sister her weekly, condom-less pounding, fucking her in the ass that day instead, and then getting upset when she tells you she's pregnant.

It's like getting mad about the nanjing massacre because your side was the side that got massacred

They're being released in the epic store shortly, steam gets to bug test all of them.

Because false equivalency. An analogy is supposed to be used for easier understanding of a concept when details, sometimes even the minute ones, are either irrelevant or can be included in the analogy themselves.
More often than not however, ridiculously so even, these analogies are used despite the fact that details that set the concepts apart make all the difference, thus falsely equivaleting them.

Let's take OP for example: issues people have with Epic forcing exclusivity are with the launcher for it lacking many features others have and trust, either with its security or with Tencent. That coke/pepsi analogy however lacks any elements that equate those issues making it an entirely different matter, conceptually speaking, thus making it false

Attached: ponder this hypothesis.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Congratulations, Randy! How's this feeling compared to his bonus from SEGA, I wonder.

Attached: 1545928742258.jpg (276x322, 21K)

>leave restaurant
>outside is some guy who tells me that i shouldn't go in there
>he points at a security camera from the building that was just watching me
>explains that the chinese government owns this building, and their notorious for spying
>the same autist from before rolls out from around the corner
>"ACTUALLY YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT, JUST BECAUSE THEY'VE DONE IT IN THE PAST DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE DOING IT NOW."
>ask him why he even wants to support this new restaurant
>"IT'S BETTER FOR INDEPENDANT DRINK MAKERS, THE OTHER PLACE TAKES 30% OF PROFIT FOR EVERY SALE WHILE THIS PLACE ONLY TAKES 10%. PLUS IF YOUR DRINK DOESN'T SELL, THEY'LL GIVE YOU MONEY TO MAKE UP FOR IT."
>other guy explains that the only people who benefit from this are the big drink corporations who were going to make an enormous amount of money regardless
>"YEAH BUT IT'S BETTER FOR INDIE DRINK MAKERS."
>he says as several indie drink makers were just denied being allowed to sell their drinks in the restaurants
>the autist walks towards the restaurant, but trips over and a mask falls off
>it's cheng chong, the sneaky bugman
>he shits himself and scurries inside

More like
>Someone bought all the stock promised to us
>And dealer will only give deliver it after 6~12 months

>thread after thread after thread condoning company that brought it upon them
It's almost like you have selective understanding of what is happening.

Yes, most restaurant chains, movie theaters, sport stadiums/arenas, and other entertainment venues sign exclusivity deals with either PepsiCo or the Coca-Cola Company.

This is the reason you can't get a Pepsi product in an AMC movie theater or Coke products in a KFC. Though granted, Coca-Cola has a much larger share of the restaurant soft drink business.

Why don’t you fags blame epic instead for not improving their store? Of course developers want less money taken from them. You guys should go and cry to epic to improve their platform and not bully developers. Retards

I know exactly what's going on, that doesn't make it not funny to see the group that routinely laughs at console wars lose their shit over this.

No, it's like being mad that you walk into walmart and they don't sell fucking cheese

Because many would prefer steam get better and epic in turn burning to the ground.
Or GoG shitting on all of them but that's a mere dream.

Stupid analogy.

What people forget is that this is a "format war." The only people who win in a format war are the ones who guessed right. Everyone else loses. If you guess Betamax, you lose. If you guess HD-DVD, you lose. Laserdisc? Lose.

Format wars do not create a better product because, in this case, the "product" (the game) is exactly the same but it's the delivery system that is different. You are voting on which delivery system is better, not the product.

Someday, you guys will figure it out. Or not. Gamers are pretty stupid.

Who cares? Nobody needs another borderlands. Game wasn't that great to begin with

So perfectly reasonable and a problem that shouldnt exist and only exists because of corporate pissing contests? Finally a tweet I can get behind!

It's more like walking into an electronics store, seeing an android you want on display and before you can ask to purchase it, someone comes into the store, takes all the androids in stock and moves them to their store.

People are particular where they spend their money regardless of where the majority of it goes or not. I like spending my money on select stores in my city because I have a good relationship with the owners or employees

Pepsi is shit
Pepsifags are philistines

Where are my freschads at?

Attached: file.png (488x488, 271K)

Fuck off dobson.
Imagine being so fat you look at computers and see food.

It's not a format war though, the format is identical, it's a store war. It's not like picking betamax over VHS, it's like picking target over walmart. If target starts being shit, you move to the other one.

typing in pepsi does not spell coke

Based

>zoomers on Yea Forums care about memelands

reddit, its your home. go back

Attached: 1347542086976.jpg (365x450, 75K)

This is the correct response. I got the first game free as a gift, and forced myself through it. I tried the second game because a friend asked me to, and was amazed at how much worse it was. Why would anyone want a 3rd game after even casual contact with the first 2?

Is it validhunting to be suspicious of someone wearing a gasmask?

I was going to reply to your response with snark. Instead, let me educate:

Your analogy is flawed. Stores that sell physical products sell identical physical products.

That is not the case with Steam & Epic. The Steam version of Game X will only run on Steam. The Epic version of Game X will only run on Epic.

Suppose Epic goes kaput. Big scandal, major losses, they have to close shop. How are you going to play your game? You can't. The end.

If I buy a spatula from Store X and Store X goes under... I can keep the spatula and use it unabated.

If I buy [movie title] for a Betamax player, I can't play that unless I use a Betamax player. I can't use a VHS player to play a Betamax movie. And if that Betamax player breaks...

Guess wrong at a few format wars and you'll figure it out.

Just ignore the fact that it's missing a shitton of standard features other stores have and there's no benefit to epic store other than just exclusives. Even console store's have more functionality than Epic's, that's just fucking sad.

Subway's franchising agreements are written in a way that franchise-owners are in no way protected from corporate stores being placed nearby.

Subway sells franchise rights cheap, pajeets buy them with subsidied loans from the feds. Then Subway puts a corporate store essentially on top of any successful franchise and kills it.

How is that not a valid complaint?

The customer loses out on choices.

Attached: 1550454483176.png (584x562, 276K)

Apple makes iPhones though. They don't buy exclusive rights to phones they didn't own

It's not valid because there is no functional difference between Pepsi and Coke.
There is, however, a noticeable functional difference between Steam and Epic, the former being obviously better.

Kinda like how PC constantly lords over consoles saying how dumb it is to have to pay for online.
PC got their own version of paid online when Microsoft tried to force Xbox Live on Windows Live.

And they still pay for Windows Live today and can't play online without it. Like pottery

>there is no functional difference between Pepsi and Coke.
pepsi tastes like shit

What the FUCK does this even mean?

based man with taste buds

>tfw you understand that all games in the current year are dogshit, so it really doesnt matter if the industry canabalizes itself with shady business practices.
>china has already won.

Attached: A C C E L E R A T E.jpg (416x404, 82K)

user they only know Food and Harry Potty metaphors. Please try and refrain from making fun of the mentally retarded.

>A product being limited to 1 store is the same as a product that is in too many stores to count
okay

This. No one cared about EA selling their own games through their own store. Epic moneyhatting publishers for exclusivity is anti-competitive, and bad for consumer choice.

It's more like having to go to a shitty, run down gas station shop to get something instead of a supermarket, even though other things made by them are in the supermarket.

>monopoly is good
You are a retard