Is it too late to get into Monster Hunter World?

Attached: MHW.jpg (460x215, 53K)

Yes, everyone is so far ahead you'll never catch up.

Darn, just what I feared.

A big expansion is coming in Q3 2019, you have plenty of time to do everything there is to do since it only takes a hundred or so hours to do everything there is currently.

Are there still people to play with? I doubt I can rope my friends into getting this one.

Yes it's a mediocre MH and dead

Play an alive and good one like MHGU on the Nintendo Switch instead

Why would that matter?
Can't you play single player or are you memeing?

Well theres 20,000 playing on steam right now so even if only 10% of those are playing online than you should have no problem finding people to play with. I'm sure the console populations are even bigger.

It never too late, user. The game is made with soloing in mind, and SoSing is a thing.

I am pretty sure he is memeing

It's more or less a single player game. It also helps that it's a savefile based game. So you can never really be behind. Capcom doesn't even give a fuck if you cheat.

If it was an online only game, little kids would've cried on reddit about it nonstop like they do with Anthem.

I want to get it on PC since I don't want to pay for online. As long as there are people to play with, then I think I will probably get it now since it is on sale.

mhgu is dead compared to MHW

It's mainly single player game
And playing multi with pubs doesn't really add any significantly different experience

I played through the story solo all the way through to xeno'jiiva without touching the multiplayer. You don't need to play with other people if you don't want to.

I didn't realize it was mostly a SP game. I thought it was a squad based MP game.

I can confirm this. Unless its Behemoth, Kulve, or some Arch Tempered, everything is soloable, and even those are soloable if you're skill enough.

Attached: 1547957852865.jpg (711x1114, 419K)

Play during Asian prime time
I summon a whole squad while i poke the monster with my bow

Good MH players solo
Bad ones need rooms
Mega awful ones play MHW

There will always be people who play MHW on PC.
New event is coming soon which should increase the playerbase again for at least 2 weeks.
Numbers will explode as soon as the expansion gets released.

If you're not playing with friends there's really nothing gained from playing multiplayer

For 2 weeks until everyone finished everything from the few new xpac monsters

Where the fuck is the Iceborne news?

The game itself is worth the price consider everything it offers. While padding, Tempered Hunts, gear grind, and events help add in more hours, for better or worse. Some of the negative flack this game gets is from older MH players that complains about the lack of content (it not), G-rank (which wasn't even a thing until later and they're adding that rank to the expansion, anyways), and how easy it is with the quest (why these older MH players thought doing all those gathering and shit is a good ideas, who knows.)

Attached: 1548144248104.png (1827x1080, 813K)

Well I beat Bloodborne all by myself without summoning or anything like that.

MH is harder than souls series, though.

Most people are probably waiting for Arch Tempered Nergigante to drop so probably not. I think what they're doing is going through all the other previous tempered before finally releasing him.

They're already on Kushala, then Lunastra next week, then after that Zora Magdaros, if Xeno is after that then Nerg should follow afterwards. So if you mean beating single player you should be good.

actually bad players solo. monster HP is severely nerfed and it's stupid easy to exploit the dumb AI because it's only targeting you instead of random people.

I played 95% of it Solo with no problem at all
Monster health scales with player amount

Well I like a challenge, so that is fine.

Not Worlds though if i'm honest

As long as a MH game has a functioning online and isn't directly invalidated by a later MH game, it will have at the very least a small community. Even MHFU still has a community with fanmade servers.

and a few people still play portable 3rd online with xlink kai and sony's adhoc party service.

Post solo behemoth time.

Who else /mh4u/ here

I haven't fought him

Then you have no right of saying it's easier.

why

Never too late to get into World since you can play singleplayer just fine.

>why these older MH players thought doing all those gathering and shit is a good ideas

Ah yes. The two required gathering quests.

only journo tier cucks play multiplayer MH.

You can play single. I soloed up to hr. Even then I would hunt kulve solo if it was an option with my build.

online in mhw is literally charge blade finisher spam. it does stupid amounts of damage and knocks them to the ground too.

It's pretty good! I thorougly enjoyed my first introduction to the MH series! Looking forward to the expansion and MHW2

Attached: ss+(2019-04-07+at+02.11.07).jpg (396x153, 26K)

weak bait but ok
>bad players solo
>monster hp "nerfed" by 2.6x
>super easy to exploit the dumb ai because it's only targetting you instead of the other random other people that will likely triple cart instantly
volatility in a run doesn't make it easier or harder

everything about the monster is nerfed in solo. hp, stagger values, stun values, break values, etc. it's the equivalent of playing on easy mode in monster hunter.

People should just go back to MH for PS2 when they want a challenge
>4x HP even in single player
>everything hits like a truck
>some materials are only available in online mode so you cannot fully upgrade your weapons
>no farm or any shit like that so you have to grind shit for every potion and item you want to make
>attack with right analog stick
>only way to turn the camera is to press L1

Just because the monster is weaker in solo doesn't necessarily make it more difficult in multiplayer. In fact it's even easier in multiplayer because 4 players completely surpass a 2.2x scaling in hp and status thresholds. If I solo a monster at 1x scaling, do you really think the math works out in such a way that 4 players have more difficulty fighting a monster at 2.2x?

Do note that the hp scales up even with 2 players coz of the two cats. Argueably, it is way easier to solo a monster because it gets knocked down easier. Thus you can output more damage compared to multiplayer mode.

If you really think two cats offer so little utility that they can't make up for an addition 20% dps, then you'd be very surprised how quickly cats can kill elder dragons with palico rally and molotovs. Cats are a constant in multiplayer because they can't fail your run by dying. If the two players output is constant between solos and multiplayer, then at worst you would get a 2 player clear time that's equal to solo. 3 or 4 players would surpass a 2 player or solo clear time.

I sank 120h in the game in the last two months it's very much alive.
You might have to do standard difficulty missions alone but after that no problem.

MHW high rank is equivalent to other MH low rank

None of that is challenge, though. It's just tedious grind.

It's not an mmo, the multiplayer is easy mode for people that can't do anything by themselves

People only do High Rank to get materials.

Did they ever add a skip cutscene option for PC? I played on Xbone and want to dip into that sweet 60fps, but everytime I hover over the buy button, I remember having to sit through all those shit cutscenes.

Attached: raw.png (500x580, 264K)

It's not.

this guy is a total retard.

It doesn't matter at all "how far" others are, the whole point of MH is fighting cool monsters you enjoy fighting and getting good, the rest is secondary.

Besides it's not like people who started playing on day 1 are still playing 24/7, most of them take a break til Iceborne, in that time you could easily "catch up" anyways.

It's hardly even a multiplayer game ffs

Attached: 2bd5bcb263403e3582c977ba046a3d2b017783df94f014ae1cc1484d796e36e3.jpg (1000x1110, 871K)

retard

MHW will never die, Capcom will milk it for the next 20 years until it has all the monsters

A year later, and you're still mad

I can actually see this happening. MHW is actually a decent base canvas to build around it.

>It doesn't matter at all "how far" others are, the whole point of MH is fighting cool monsters you enjoy fighting and getting good, the rest is secondary.
Not in MHW, where monsters are too weak to be fun and everything is gated behind RNG so the entire game becomes about the grind, and all the important content is gated behind time limited events.

>complainging about grind in monhun
>complaining about grind in MON HUN WORLD

fucking new hunters

>MHW is actually a decent base canvas to build around it
Not really. Making every solo quest village difficulty turns the game into a joke, the revamped weapon movesets are really flawed, and mantles are broken and need to be removed.

>gated behind RNG
Let me guess, you're the type of user that bitch about Kulve Tarath.

>literally complaining about mantle
I would post an image, but it already taken

The old games didn't really have all that much grind, outside of MH1. It's only MH4 where they started making the games about endlessly chasing RNG drops.

MHW is the first MH since the PS2 games to really feel like a grind too, because the monsters are so braindead easy, so you're just going through the motions with zero effort for hundreds of hours.

I miss playing this game on PC with /mhg/...
The PC lobbies just got absolutely nuked and killed by discordtrannies and now the game is dead as fuck. Haven't even done any of the last three AT monsters.
Fun game though

Attached: sad.jpg (476x471, 19K)

>defending evasion mantle giving you iframes beyond evasion+3 or adept with a free 30% raw boost on top
>defending impact mantle on bow letting you stunlock almost every monster in the entire game
>defending temporal mantle literally turning you fucking invulnerable

>because the monsters are so braindead easy, so you're just going through the motions with zero effort for hundreds of hours
MH has always been like that. It's always been piss easy with shit gameplay, the grind was always the whole point.

If you start now and play through the story until the 19th you'll be just in time for the spring festival with ATKT and all other AT elders coming back.

Mantles are there to make the grind fast and easy, why the fuck would you want to remove them? It would just make everything a huge hassle.

>defending temporal mantle literally turning you fucking invulnerable
As a Block user, it useless.

>As a Block user
lmao what the fuck are you talking about
"a Block user", nigga what

I enjoyed Tri and it's the only MH I've played, should I buy MHW?

Oh so you're just a copypasta nintendofags. Okay.

Did they make it run better or is it still the same? I played for 440 hours on a craptop before finally giving up since any monster shitting particles turned the game into a slideshow.

Attached: 15545627400180.jpg (1920x1200, 380K)

this is some advanced level of shitposting

what the fuck happened to MH threads

>(why these older MH players thought doing all those gathering and shit is a good ideas, who knows.)
Gathering is comfy and really helps you feel like yiure building yourself up from scratch with healthy loops of preparation before fighting the big guys.

Attached: D3TVp7bU4AAw5Ca.jpg (899x1200, 95K)

does this game have a good story? is it good play solo?
is it good as an entry point to the series?

He retarded and will never bring up shit like Style and Arts.

I would recommend it if you want more MH stuff, especially on the PC.

The story is meh and players don't play it for the Story. World is very soloable, to a point where you're better off soloing stuff instead of teaming up with players that would potentially die and use up all those lives.

>is it good as an entry point to the series?
Its the easiest but you might not be able to play the previous installment if you play World first. World is mostly QoL: The Game that streamline the series.

>I hate MH gameplay so I'm glad to have the option to skip it

Yeah, I like having the option to just turn my brain off and completely destroy a monster with no effort. What about it?

Mantles are far more overpowered than styles or arts are, even if I'm not a fan of them either. Styles and arts were also very clearly a one time thing only, while mantles might stay around in future entries.

I'm not sure if the Desire Sensor is real in this game or I'm just unlucky. Been trying to get the Dragoon armor but Behemoth has yet to drop a Mane or break a claw yet, but somehow I have 3 fucking gems.

Well at the very least you cant be later than capcom is with the PC patches.

seriously dont even bother with the PC version. all you will get is lies and false promises from capcom

If you start now you'll be ready to go well before next year when PC finally gets the leshen patch

Shitty story. Game is soloable but they scale so you're always fighting the weakest versions of the monsters. good entry point

Scaling is the worst fucking shit they've ever introduced in this series. The difficulty when soloing hub quests was perfect in the previous games.

How do I fix the 100% CPU usage?

Attached: Nergigante.png (408x360, 122K)

buy a bigger cpu

game is so short you'll catch up easily

Can I download a fix?

>use LS for the first time against anything outside of training dummy, on Dodo arena quest
>bodies it easily while barely knowing how the spirit gauge works
So is this the EZ mode melee weapon or something. I'm a GL shield babby so my knowledge of other weapons is very limited

pm'd ;)

Yes, LS is by far the most OP melee weapon in the game. Still garbage compared to ranged, there's literally no reason to play melee at all in World.

Just imagine game is that bad, that "its too late" to play it. Yikes.