Ruins your final boss

>Ruins your final boss
Seriously why is he even in the final fight? Either i perfect him or he takes a chunk of health out of me with his random as fuck attacks and follow ups. The REAL final battle is fucking amazing and it sucks that you have to deal with this moron every time.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

>The virgin Genichiro
>The chad Isshin

Reminder that Genichiro did nothing wrong

Attached: 71672556_p0.jpg (2507x3541, 1.25M)

Attached: 1554145975503 (1).png (1486x604, 392K)

We need one with pussy ass Genichiro there.

He did everything wrong. It was clear to any rational person that the immortal juice and all the other heretical shit he was chasing wouldn't actually help save Ashina, it just makes a bunch of monsters

how would it NOT FUCKING SAVE ASHINA TO HAVE A FUCKING ARMY OF UNKILLABLE SOLDIERS?????

Literally the worst final boss in any game I've ever played.

>randomly won't stagger to keep you on your toes
motherfucker

Because what powers their immortality, retard?

Great, you got a bunch of immortal soldiers...who's immortality saps the life force out of those close to them. namely, the citizens OF THE COUNTRY THEY'RE TRYING TO PROTECT.

Eventually they'll just be guarding a giant graveyard when the dragonrot kills everyone.

Also, immortal doesn't mean invincible. Sekiro was already immortal when Genchirou cut his arm off.

>what is centipedes

The shit that makes most people crazy, and is just generally a really awful experience?

And again, undying!=invincible. You can still just hack them to pieces or burn them.

Genchirou didn't want the centipedes, he wanted the Heir's true power. the centipedes are a cheap knockoff

He didn't know about the Dragonrot.

You forgot he also PULL OUT A FUCKING GLOCK FOR NO REASON

It;s because he represents all battle styles seen in Ashina.

Sword, spear and gun. Ashina isn't a purist or a "10,000 TIMES FOLDED NIPPON STEEL!" faggot, he doesn't really care what weapons he uses so long as they're effective. he just wants to fuck shit up

>Random as fuck attacks

*mash R1*
wow thanks for being a pushover and a time waster Genichiro. Now can we please get to the real boss fight? OH WAIT every fucking time I need to go through this pushover. At this point I'm hoping for a mod that keeps him fucking dead after each death to Isshin. At least Emma is a fun fight, Genichiro is trash and boring in every encounter

How come you become a shura if you enjoy killing too much but isshin exists for no other reason than war yet he is fine. He even assists enemies of ashina just for the intrigue.

It's about the emotion. it's not so much that Sculptor enjoyed killing, so much as he enjoyed it because he got to vent his deep rage and hatred.

Isshin wasn't hateful or full of rage, he just loved battle. Sculptor doesn't become "demon of war", he becomes the demon of hatred.

the Sculptor became Demon of Hatred because he's a failed Shura, he couldn't go Shura. Unless if that's a botched localization error

It's a bit disconnected to say he loved battle but not killing. As for the sculptor what actually drove his hate? I know he lost his whistling waifu and emma chose to be raised by dogen but is that it?

Isshin loves battle, not killing. He'd much rather fight worthy foes that test his skills, rather than just butchering random dudes.

in the final fight he's not excited over the prospect of killing Sekiro, just at the idea of fighting someone he sees as a worthy adversary that can push his skills.

Isshin also was constructive minded. He built a nation and had people to protect and take care of.

Sculptor basically became a murderhobo

>Either i perfect him or he takes a chunk of health out of me
That fucking thrust attack that knocks off over half your health REEEEE
Still a fun fight though and only takes about 30 seconds once you get him down
Isshin's second phase was the hardest part of the fight for me

Grove Street for life brother

I really hope Isshin's motivation isn't trying to keep Ashina alive. It would be such a better finale if he only fights you because he was cheated of a Warrior's death if you don't take the Shura ending. He gave the vibe that he wanted Sekiro to kill him

Sculptor was on the way to becoming Shura but Isshin BTFO him before that happened.

His motivation is honoring Genichiro's wish, he says so himself. He did want to fight Wolf though.

I wish I could seppuku every time this retard hits me once.

But he helps enemies of said nation and thinks genichiro's desperate defence of it is silly.

I wish there was actually some buildup to Sword Saint Isshin.
It comes pretty much out of nowhere, happens, and then the game ends.

It was better than most from games in terms of the boss feeling like a narrative end. Most of the time you have no real idea who it is.

There's more buildup to Gwyn, Gehrman and Soul of Cinder than SS Isshin by far though.
Even Emma/Isshin in the Shura ending are built up better

>That fucking thrust attack that knocks off over half your health REEEEE
Just mikiri counter it

Yeah I get that. I'm not 100% successful though

Attached: 1518470219519.jpg (800x800, 68K)

He was a TILT check. If you die to him while trying Isshin, you take 5 minute break.

It worked.

>Isshin's motivation isn't trying to keep Ashina alive
it's not.
- he enjoys battle most of all things, ofc he wants to fight a man who destroys strongest warriors here and there
- grandson wish and MAGA (comes 2nd)

>he's there for lore reasons
"In addition to the red Mortal Blade, there exists one that is black in color.
The blade's name is "Open Gate", and is said to hold the power to open a gate to the underworld.
It is through this power that it creates life. I beseech you, make offerings for the Dragon's Blood..."
gotta have a way to bring Isshin back from the dead

>genichiro can't be killed, is already immortal
>random dudes in a village are also immortal because parasites live in their bodies
>also some boy has blood immortality which he can give to people if he wants
How was geni immortal if he didn't have a parasite or the divine blood? Why was he seeking the divine blood even when he was already immortal?
And why didn't geni just chug some parasite infected water?

What do you think he thought when he saw gandpa in all his prime losing to Sekiro?

>Shura ending
>Owl had the black blade because ???
>regular endings
>Genichiro had it the entire time

>Seriously why is he even in the final fight?
He is unironically meant to be a pushover, in stark contrast to the first and second times you fought him. He practically admits as much himself after you beat him before he summons grandfather.

Attached: 1554349579346.gif (372x200, 1.32M)

Pretty sure he was dead before he hit the floor. The real question is why Kuro is just left bleeding out in the middle of the field while you and Isshin are throwing shockwaves and lightning about the place.

Sekiro fought old Isshin not in his prime though

I thought Geni was supposed to be centipeded to the tits, he just kept control of himself. He wanted the real immortality from Kuro because he had an impure version.

>Seriously why is he even in the final fight
Because From's B team have really come to love the gimmick of making the player fight several phases/bosses back-to-back.

See also: Abyss Watchers, Nameless King, Princes Lorian and Lothric, Soul of Cinder, Sister Friede, Demon Prince, Gael

>why didn't geni just chug some parasite infected water?
he did....that's how he came back to life after you made him your bitch in the first fight, and how he is able to wield a mortal blade
>Why was he seeking the divine blood even when he was already immortal
because rejuvenating waters immortality eventually corrupts the bodies and minds of those how drink them, see the monks puking insects in senpou temple

Genichiro is such a fuckup. Why do I still find him cool?

Because Sekiro was made by second team with Hanimura in lead, and they fucking love artificial difficulty.
Check DS2 and DS3 in comparison with DS1 and Bloodborne.
Second team is just worse developers than the first one.

Yes he is. He came from underworld through Gen portal. His hair is black, he's like 40-50. You fight old isshin in shura ending and he's way calm there using only sword since he has no power to use both spear and sword

Maybe owl stole it from gen while you fight, can’t remember the first time you see the blade in that ending

I used High Monk to jump over his mortal blade attacks and kick him in the back of the head

kek

>The players in the most popular videos of the final boss battle circle strafe until they can get a punish
>20 minute videos for a boss that can be beaten in less than 3 minutes

Fun fact, they only folded the metal to get rid of impurities to make it stronger. It is a very hard style of smithing to do right. It is, however, completely unnecessary when you have good steel. That and modern techniques have made it entirely pointless and doing it can actually weaken the steel if done incorrectly.

After I got better at him I didn’t understand why so many played that way either unless it was a low health run

he never gives up like your favorite shonen mc

Attached: 1554375599422.png (1280x738, 786K)

You can

Attached: tooth.png (730x660, 670K)

They will never know the joy of parrying Ashina Cross or that charged aoe

Pop ungabunga sugar and spam the axe. It's over in like 15 sec.

He kind of does though, when he concedes that he'll never measure up to grandfather, or even Sekiro.

Gael is one bar of HP though.

Because according to Isshin, Sekiro is the only one who CAN measure up to Isshin.

SHALL
NEVER
BE
INFRINGED

Exactly. Which means that Genichiro doesn't measure up to either of them. Which Genichiro admits before he sacrifices himself.

>was literally just on this fight thinking something similar
>get on Yea Forums looking for the Sekihelp thread
>see this
Pottery. Anyway general tips for Isshin? I'm starting to get used to him, I actually managed to stomp him, mikiri him and parry his Cross, but any advice is appreciated

Attached: 1551559671896.jpg (680x453, 36K)

OP

Attached: s.jpg (569x374, 52K)

>Just mikiri counter it
not when it's obscured by those shitty flowers so you can't figure out whether it's a thrust or sweep.

how do I counter genchiro's fake blade black flame 2 hit combo?
can it be parried without taking damage?

Genichiro can't measure up to Emma.

post yfw WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 193741.gif (287x216, 914K)

Emma had her reasons to get good after all.

as the fight starts, lock on and literally just run to his back from the right side, he always misses you. punish him, and if he decides to do the other one, just circle over to the right a little bit and keep hitting. same thing if he decides to do it during battle.

Genichiro is Vegeta only even more of a jobber.

Attached: 1554464964559.gif (500x426, 998K)

I'm probably an idiot, but did it occur to anyone else that you can just Mortal Draw before he does? Stops him hard every time.
It also consistently damages Isshin which makes sense, I mean this is basically Tessaiga vs Tenseiga

After you rape Genichiro the first time he leaves to search for the blade. After you beat Owl you can eavesdrop on Isshin and you hear him talking about how someone found the mortal blade and something big is about to happen. At the time you are lead to believe he's talking about you, but he actually means Genichiro

Is there multiple possible final bosses for different endings? Are there optional post Isshin bosses?

You usually don't see what he's doing when he goes for thrust, but you do see when he's going for a sweep so if you can't see shit then mikiri

Phase 1 just be aggressive and parry a lot.
Like genichiro, it usually goes 2 hits, parry, 2 hits, parry.
>If he decides to do the cross, then just stand still, recover your posture and time it right than double tap parry
>If he pushes you with air effects, get ready to mikiri, then 2 hits
>if he just clangs swords, IMMEDIATELY do the 2 hits
>goomba stomp him whenever he charges for the big AOE spin (usually when you're up close)
>dodge and punish when he does the big charged downward swing with air (usually he gets some distance before doing it), same for the double ichimonjis
>when you kill him, go nuts and keep hitting him. you can even get phase 2 done before he pulls out the spear/gun if you keep him busy

Phase 2-3 gets a lot harder
>capitalize on dodging his plunges and punishing them
>bait his thrust attacks and that longer combo by keeping a medium distance
>run and recover posture if you're near staggering
>use the rock to get cover to heal and avoid being rushed at or shot in the face
>jump into his lightning swing and try to get lightning reversal (though most times the swing will just go through you and miss)

here, I cut out this part of the fight in webm

Attached: genicheese2.webm (1280x720, 2.39M)

Grandpa is cool and hard boss, but the hardest boss in soulsborne series is Orphan of Kos

I mean can we talk about why his forearms are so long?

To kick shinobi's ass.

Lightning Reversal is the most satisfying thing in the game

Attached: █▀█ █▄█ ▀█▀.jpg (680x558, 57K)

He'd be a hell of a boxer. He could keep anyone at bay all day with his jab

>keeps his right fist tucked in his left armpit
>signature move is basically his mortal draw but instead he uses his fist