Whats wrong with adding an easy mode?

Whats wrong with adding an easy mode?

What if i want to play a game but don't want to invest 8k+ hours into it?

What if you leave normal mode for veterans and let the rest of us have bitch baby mode.

Attached: 1554265614259.jpg (666x720, 123K)

I'm ok with it as long as the hardest difficulty is still well made and enjoyable.

I was thinking they could add a mode in shekiro where enemies do 50% less damage and are 50% slower.

Im not game designer, so this could be adjusted or completely thrown out as not useful, but its a starting idea.

Attached: 1554265502570.jpg (822x720, 225K)

There should be a piss easy mode called faggot mode and then an actual real game that's tough as nails. These are the only two options you so journalists and other fags can still buy your game but actual human beings can enjoy a well made challenge.

Why are you being elitist about video games?

Relax.

You can have easy mode and veteran mode without one hurting the other.

Attached: 01aaa153bbc55c14bdf98d25d1694a1e.png (480x432, 236K)

>bitch baby mode
do this for X game, but disable achievements, disable any unlocks which may transcend a save, disable online play with said character, disable cutscenes, and have every enemy mock you. This doesn't necessarily apply to sekiro

There's nothing wrong with easy mode. But it's pathetic to beg or force a developer to add an easy mode if they don't want to. It's their game. They balance it how they want to. If they don't want to include an easy mode and you think it's too hard, then that's on you.

also right before the final boss it wipes your save

I can't wait until next week when this nontroversy blows over.

Attached: 1.jpg (814x1153, 397K)

Same can be said about wanting a hard mode in games that don't have it. Also all these people wanting an easy mode that mocks people that play it deserve to get a game with a hard mode that mocks them for being tryhards.

>What if i want to play a game but don't want to invest 8k+ hours into it?
Then you download cheats or play another game.

Attached: 2.jpg (814x1153, 294K)

Thats stupid, who cares if some dude got the same meaningless trophy in the same game as you?
Never mentioned begging a developer, its stupid to do that.

Attached: tumblr_mios9ynfPM1ro3irro1_500.png (500x668, 84K)

Having only one difficulty lets everyone know that if you say you beat a game you faced exactly the same challenges that they did and they can understand your achievements.

Easy mode often removes or negates plenty of mechanics, I don't mind it but considering how normal mode is really easy already in most games and reviewers who would probably use it to review games I would make game reviews even more irrelevant than they are now and would also possibly poison higher difficulties.

Attached: 3.jpg (814x1153, 295K)

you are rewarded for overcoming challenges and being good at something, that's where the fun comes from in hard games. If you want to play a watered down version of the game you shouldn't be rewarded the same as the good players.

If you talking about a game, you can still experience the same thing.

Like in Halo, the only difference is that enemies do more damage and take more damange. Other than that, you fundamentally experienced the same thing.

Except for the real cinematic, which you can just watch online now.

Attached: 4.jpg (814x1153, 332K)

Never said they should water it down for everyone.

Have an easy mode, hell, you can even separate mode achievements from hard mode achievements if your trophy is worth so much to you.

Attached: 5.jpg (814x1153, 364K)

What games don't have an easy mode? Every game I can think of has some form of one. Maybe it's just too early here, and I'm forgetting?

Attached: 6.jpg (814x1153, 353K)

easy mode is essentially the watered down version because it deviates from the intended game design to make it easier.

>meleefags

Attached: 7.jpg (814x1153, 349K)

Attached: 8.jpg (814x1153, 337K)

Im trying to say samurai dark souls wouldn't be ruined if they added an easy mode for plebs like me.
Then play the hard/normal mode, for REAL gamers. For plebs like me, watered down is greater nothing.

It does depend on how difficulty is implemented and making enemies just do more damage is a really shit way to do it in my opinion but when I say I beat dark souls for example everyone else that played it knows that it is a fairly difficult game where if it had an easy mode that would be muddled

Attached: 9.jpg (437x1097, 161K)

Hard mode shouldn't exist either, that's just as retarded. Just make one game mode.

Okay, but it is only an option on the first chapter, it is not like journos will play past that point

>"Hey bro, I beat Dark Souls on Normal mode, not baby mode"

Why not further specify?

No. Git gud

I guess my final point in this argument is that anyone with an IQ over room temperature is capable of being good at videogames you just have to actually get good

>Why is game I bought hard
If its too hard just don't buy it retard