Is it really all that good?

is it really all that good?
i don't think so.
i've played it multiple times since it first came out.
sure it's good, but very overrated.

Attached: Untitled.png (427x110, 23K)

Yes, but you gotta understand that 3d games were shit until Mario 64 and this showed everyone how its done.

Is it a 99 by today's standards? Yes because apparently 7 means its shit now

It's a masterpiece, using a number scale is pretty stupid it should be put under different categories,
Shit
Only buy if you're a fan
Okay
Good
Great
Amazing
Masterpiece
That's how it should go, numbers mean shit because people don't understand that 50% is an "average" score

It's very good, but I like TP and BotW even better. I'd rate OOT something like 96 or 97 out of 100.

>is it really all that good?
No, it's even better.

Well you played a game that has absolutely no differences the next time you play multiple times, they seemed to hit that spot. The game is truly remembered for it's distinct environments and events, the level design is much worse than majora's mask if you ask me, but it's the game to revolutionize that fact. The general balance of exploration and utilization of EVERY tool never got boring as you went through the main game.
The bosses you fight or moments you see (meeting ganondorf in person or watching the goron chief go to volvagias chamber and not returning) were impactful to me in my experience and I feel like a lot of the stuff other than BIG EPIC FINAL BOSS BATTLE should be remembered, because there's actually a buildup to it and not just a random ass fight with a random ass nigger.
The game is definitely competitive with games eith better technology and possibilities, but to hold up to those games means it has some credibility to do it.

It's good but has flaws.
It's a 95.

It’s a 7/10 at best

While it has been outdone by many other games when it comes to content, it still holds up pretty well mechanically (which is very impressive for an early 3D game). 99 was a very fair score to give OoT at the time of its release. If it was re-released today, obviously it would get a lower score (which is why the 3DS release only got a rating of 94 despite being objectively better).

Its one of the eariler 3d games and its still one of the best.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!! FUCK YOU!!!!! OOT DOES NOT HAVE ANY FLAWS!!!!! YOU HAVE TO RATE IT 100!!!!!!! STUPID ZOOMER!!!!!! I BET YOU LIKE BOTW!!!!!!!!!!"
- OoT fanboys

50% is only average in mathematics and literal math terminology. Culturally, due to school grading, 70% is average performance, and 50% is the cutoff for failure

It wasn't as embarrassing as it is today to unironically love video games back then.

This but unironically

Take your meds bro

Children that are unable to grasp the concept of how groundbreaking something is. I don’t like Citizen Kane but I can’t deny it’s quality and legacy in its novel film techniques

>because the game was revolutionary when it was released that automatically makes it better than all other games released after it even if they do what it did better in every way

>i've played it multiple times since it first came out.

Then your opinion would be otherswise. Your' re an underaged cumstain.

I'm not saying OoT is bad, but OoT fanboys shouldn't be triggered by the fact BotW exists, and that liking BotW more doesn't mean you hate OoT.
You do know it was ironic, right?

anyone who uses the term overrated in any capacity is a fucking faggot

It's a very good game but yes it's overrated because of its status as a legend. No game can reach the hype and hyperbole of it's reputation, OoT included.

Attached: 1554399053919.jpg (500x388, 37K)

50 - bad
60 - poor
70 - average
80 - good
90 - great

No but that merit alone sets it apart as a legacy title.

Not him, but why do you OoT fanboys think you're required to like it and that if you don't like it you didn't play it? I like the game a lot myself, but I acknowledge you can have a different opnion of it.

That doesn't make sense, 50% is a passing grade in school which means that's middle of the road, it's average

Its pretty great. Still holds up today, more than can be said about other 90s games. Was probably the best game of all time until Resident Evil 4 came out, and then Breath of the Wild after that.

>50% is a passing grade in school which means that's middle of the road, it's average.
Patently false. You need to be less autistic about numbers

Attached: 3B31A97A-9228-4FC5-BAD7-AE9C7DE734B4.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

It's overrated shit.
It's the game that started Nintendo bonus

Culturally, being an average student is being a C student, you can jump through hoops all you want user

>Nintendo bonus
That doesn't exist. Halo and TLOU are an Xbox and PlayStation exclsuive, respectively, and get a higher score than they deserve. Every console has some overrated games.

I never owned a N64 (only played it at friends’ houses), and only played it for the first time last year. I agree it holds up fairly well for being otherwise outdated

Super Mario 64 was way more important and revolutionary than Ocarina of Time, so why is it only a 94?

You didn’t even mention how CoD gets 90s all the time, and are multiplats on everything but Nintendo consoles

obsessed and rent free

We asked historians and it’s 100% verifiable the game lost 5 points because Yoshi’s butt cheeks weren’t defined enough

50% is a passing mark, once you graduate from Primary into High School and stop using letter grades you'll see for yourself.

You'd have to be delusional or a fanboy to think they don't get bonus points, especially Mario and 3d Zelda games with their nostalgia factor.

It deserves a 100. It's the best video game that could possibly have been made at its time of release.

You’re an idiot. I can only assume you are from a different country with different grading. If you’re somehow talking about GPA here’s an excerpt on its scale:
>The national average for a GPA is around 3.0 and a 2.0 GPA puts you below that average
You:
>REEEE why isn’t 2.0 “average”?!

What the fuck is a GPA?

What is this supposed to mean?

new. It was Twilight Princess's rating when it came out and was a shitstorm used to troll Nintendo fans.

Zoom zoom.

I never said OoT was bad. It's great. It just has overzealous fans.

Okay you’re from Europe or something. Regardless, the perception of games at 50 being bad, 70 being decent, and 80/90 being good falls in line perfectly with the American grading system. Japanese, too

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

That's definitely true. I was only trying to come up with a few examples but that's a good one.
I'm an idort.

not as good as MM or either oracles but it was alright. the music was probably some of the best in the series

FPBP

OoT is one of the greatest and most important video games ever made. That is it.

>tfw when you'll never be able to experience the unabashed majesty that is OoT for the first time again.

Fuck man, fuck this reality.

Haven't been to Europe since 1993 mate

Have a kid. Seriously. Getting to see them experience these things for the first time is amazing. There’s so many movies I can’t wait for them to see

>it isn't good
>I played it multiple times
you should be banned for this.

>review: this game fucking sucks
>200 hours played on steam
These people are kind of stupid

I have over 2000 hours into DotA and that game is objectively shit

Fuck lol I don't know if that's the road I want to go down. Even watching my niece part time is a handful, and if she's taught me anything, it's that kids don't always give cool shit a chance. Most times they do, but they can also choose to lose interest in 10 seconds and go back to watching retarded as fuck youtube videos about roblox and minecraft and all other kinds of inane bullshit. Also I'm a forever alone with no GF. Not a virgin by any means and even find it decently easy to befriend females but for some reason or multitude of reasons I'm just cursed apparently in so far as no one wants to be me with me in that kind of relationship. It sucks but I deal... kinda
>like I said fuck this reality.

It wasn't even good when it comes out, no Nintendo games are good, you've just got to ignore, shill reviewers and nostalgia drone fans, most people will agree that it wasnt a good game and that most nintendo games are shit. Outside of NA Nintendo is dead already.

>most people will agree that it wasn't a good game
OoT isn't even my favorite Zelda but this is just delusional. It's the go-to pick for greatest game of all time for many, many people.

>lose interest in 10 seconds and go back to watching retarded as fuck youtube videos
I’m sure I watched some dumb programming on tv but this shit seriously goes beyond. I’ve observed my one nephew watch on YouTube:
>someone revealing objects hidden in play dough
>someone revealing objects hidden in opaque liquid
>dancing cg Spider-Man in front of various static Cars vehicles
>Mario Party Switch gameplay (more forgivable but they had an actual switch with the game less than 10 ft away)
>etc

Attached: D10FF8D4-141A-4CD8-9050-CCF9547FB885.gif (480x270, 2.03M)

The irony is that you can’t even step back and recognize how stupid your post makes you seem

>It wasn't even good when it came out

Neither were you.

Brutal

>people only use 5-10 to rate things on a 0-10 scale because of school grading
How much of a fucking brainlet am I if I never made this connection?

It's still really good, but pretty much every subsequent 3D Zelda improved on the formula it set. It's mostly considered a goat because of nostalgia and how revolutionizing it was.

It’s okay user, now you know. There are plenty of people that don’t seem to realize this.

Attached: 8AE6022D-E4F8-453F-85E1-8A364C40C644.jpg (1024x640, 98K)