Why are there so many samurai games in development?

Why are there so many samurai games in development?

Attached: 4A96C327-742D-4450-AE05-D295E03134EE.jpg (960x535, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/shogun-tv-series-fx/
youtube.com/watch?v=ITWOTgBNKzY
youtube.com/watch?v=1qiFjN3D8TU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The medieval knight and era was done too much, then the classical era was done too much, now people are ready to overuse samurai

zombie games are on the downturn right now. If days gone does well the zombie game might replace samurai

They already had their turn

Tfw you will never have a realistic kurosawa themed samurai game but just normie batman or simon shit.

Because samurai/medieval japan is the new zombies.

>three games
>so many
I'm sure you can survive this user

a reflection of the current games industry

people got tired of gay elf

Don't forget Samurai World in WestWorld S2, and FX is producing a new TV adaptation of Shogun
collider.com/shogun-tv-series-fx/

Wasn't Nioh originally based on a Kurosawa script that he never got a chance to film during his lifetime, so they made it a video game instead?

It's an attempt by "them" to further push niche Japanese media into the mainstream.

Attached: 016-nagito.png (480x272, 92K)

Yeah but that game is shit and i prefer to forget it like it never existed.

they are shinobi games, not samurai games
2 different lores

even the playstation is about a fallen samurai that starts doing ninja stuff

wish I could read the script somewhere

>FX is producing a new TV adaptation of Shogun
wonder how it'll be, the original wasn't that great but TV is absolute dogshit nowadays

In development? Give me at least 5.

because western society is shit now, they hate themselves so JP developers are tyring to wean JP players away from liking it

Zombie and samurai games aren't a new thing you shit lord. They were common back then and they are common now because they're cookie cutter as fuck.

>Literal decades of non-stop tolkienesque medieval european fantasy games
>Suddenly 3 Samurai games come out and it's "so many"

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

Katana vs Great Sword?

game devs can't into history, they knew about knights, zombies and samurais and ninjas and that's enough

>Nioh 2
>Ghost of Playstation
>...
am I missing something?

There are no real samurai games out or in development either for that matter. Classic samurai films aren't about combat but about the moral and intellectual superiority (or lack thereof) of the samurai class. Bushido, chivalry, whatever. A samurai game that would feel like a Kurosawa movie would have to be an RPG/adventure game with a focus on dialogue and sleuth work and not an action title.

Did Kurosawa really create a script about Wirriam Adams anally fisting a bunch of demon daimyos?

Way of the Samurai, faggot

You have literally no idea about what Samurai stand for, nor do you have any idea what a video game is. Go back to Yea Forums you faggot.

Maybe he counts Samurai Showdown as a "samurai game"

This.

I just wish deep down came out. Shame it's a samurai shit game now.

Attached: 1478379222645.gif (356x418, 2.93M)

Because 80% of gamers are weaboo faggots

Also Sword of the Samurai

they're the new battle royal which is the new minecraft which is the new zombies which is the new modern military shooter which is the new 3d mascot platformer

Its the new hot historical genre since it hasn't been done to death yet like WWII or space shit.

>zombie games
>common now

Is your dilated tranny hole itching?

William-sama is a Samurai and Nioh 2 has custom character creation, meaning you are whatever chink archetype you want

Ghost of Kinoshima. SP said that anything you see in the distance is accessible from the start. No way marks.

Zombie genre is probably the most common genre this generation.

>Tfw no open world ronin game where you can play as a wandering swordsman trying to earn your daily keep, prove your mettle, and earning accolades in the tumultuous Sengoku Jidai
>Tfw no battles against legendary swordsmen, renowned generals, and warrior monks for little other reason than your own phenomenal talent with a blade needing to be tested

Attached: file.png (736x525, 501K)

I'm hoping they do a difficulty setting where both the player AND the enemies have low amounts of health.

I just want a game where swords actually feel dangerous.

You're damn right. Most western games with medieval settings are tolkien rip-offs and most japanese games with medieval settings are Dragon Quest rip-offs. If I asked someone to name 5 good samurai games that came out last year, they fucking can't, but I bet you they can name me 10, 20 good games with Tolkien influences. The world needs more samurai games.

Tolkien influences automatically make a game shit, it inherently makes the world brown and races uninteresting and aesthetically shit

See that Pagoda?

Japan is entering a new era of nationalism. Even the name of then new era has deliberate patriotic connotations. All of this is probably due to the low birthrate so they want to inspire more love of country in the media.

Attached: 1515219331257.jpg (536x767, 116K)

Maybe in the very broadest terms, in that he wanted to do a story about Anjin, but I doubt it had anything to do with Amrita or an evil warlock or spirit animals.

Because only non-european, pre-colonial, pre-imperial masculinity is permitted.

Attached: 7c1.gif (256x192, 1.91M)

I hope it flops.
I'm fucking sick of zombie games. This fad was supposed to die out in the mid 2000s

Hoping to god Ghost of Tsushima scratches this itch a little bit but I know it won't be as slow paced as I want it to be. I just want a super chill ronin game where I do odd jobs for random people.
Then the encounters would just be people hearing of your great deeds that you'd like to keep in your past and they would challenge you at every chance they could. when you just want to help an old lady with her farm for some money to get you to the next town.

Attached: 1533606279703.jpg (262x206, 9K)

There's nothing inherently wrong with using elves, dwarves and shit in a game as long as you don't just copy paste Tolkein (which most people admittedly do) and either put your own twist on them or actually do research into their mythology.

Almost everything you want is in Way of the Samurai, except the open world bullshit

Beating Sekiro and replaying TW Shogun 2 makes me want to watch Seven Samurai, is it good?

Attached: 1544243762486.jpg (900x900, 83K)

If your dumb zoomer ass hasn't seen it by now don't bother

This is a side quest.
youtube.com/watch?v=ITWOTgBNKzY

Fuck off with the wandering Ronin aesthetic and give me a real Samurai protag.

Attached: samurai.jpg (487x765, 86K)

>Redditlettermediamong misusing the term "tolkienesque"
Why do you people do this?

Yeah it's good go watch it and get yourself some culture.

This guy gets it. It's the year of the shadow.
youtube.com/watch?v=1qiFjN3D8TU

Japanese culture is actually entering another boom phase in the west again. A lot of you guys might be thinking that hype for it died back in the 2000's and now it's just weebs but that is very wrong. Japan has become a hot travel destination among normies now (tourism records being broken for each month this year) and they getting infatuated with Japanese culture after coming back.

Exatly, only epic fantasy can be graded as such. There's such a thing as an underwhelming medieval theme.

weeaboos

Millennial weebs are getting old and need a more mature facet of Japs culture to fap over

>Japan attacked Pearl Harbor with gigantic samurai titans

Holy shit. No wonder America had to nuke them twice. Any country that made weapons like these needs to be kept in check.

It’s the in thing to do.

It always kills me when people bitch about how armor in video games is too fantastical and showy (unless we're talking about WoW pauldrons and actual full-retard skull/spikemail) when real historical armor is often insanely colorful and officers wore tons of embellishments to the frontlines of battle with their colorful infantry right behind them.

Attached: file.png (1000x1086, 2.64M)

fucking kek

Trends