BOTW going VR

>you have to hold the switch to your face and hold the joycons up like a periscope the entire time
>not even first person VR, just some shitty camera
>not compatible for cutscenes
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This can't be real, right?

Attached: Untitled.png (641x662, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/switch/features/tech-specs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: laughingwhores.jpg (446x400, 134K)

that sounds weird as heck

>it's the virtual boy all over again
How can Nintendo keep making the same mistakes over and over again?

Attached: 126543345.png (1045x1008, 1.7M)

meh
might be interesting for a kid
That's all labo is for really, don't be surprised if the ideas seem childish

Calm down it's just a bonus feature
Personally I think it's neat that Nintendo extends Labo support to their actual games, like being able to use the wheel/motorcycle handles for Mario Kart 8

SEETHING

>sub 30fps on a split 720p screen

Attached: MADMAN.jpg (640x640, 50K)

Kids won't know the difference.

Attached: viewfinder-flash.png (290x264, 81K)

Why would I be seething? I did not purchase labo and wasn't invested in any developments from it. Our lives don't depend on whatever Nintendo chooses to market next you know.

This.

Nintendo probably could have done differently but if you actually read the fucking articles

It's meant to be passed around in a group of friends, not a complete escape from reality.. the one thing Nintendo has always avoided

well when the switch emulator is good enough that'll mean oculus support :)

>VR mode for Zelda is just the regular game held closer to your face
>Mario Odyssey actually gets some new moons
I hope the latter lets you play these without the Labo shit, more SMO content is always nice

Nintendo once again shows they are completely detached from their actual userbase. This is going to flop like the Switch flopped.

S-SHUT UP! THIS PRODUCT WAS MEANT FOR YOU AND YOU'VE BEEN BTFO'D! N-NINTENDIES SEETHINGS!!

Once again random Yea Forums poster shows that he's completely detached from reality

It's not like it can tell if you're using the VR kit or not (unless there's somehow an NFC chip in that cardboard), so even if not, you can just do it with fish-vision.

It's only 40 dollars so I'll give it a try. Really need a head strap though

the userbase of kids? this is for them even if you manchildren buy anything and everything by nintendo

Kids want to play fortnite and pubg, they don't give a shit about a virtualboy shitty clone

>unless there's somehow an NFC chip in that cardboard
Previous Labo sets used magnetic tape for sensors so it's likely the headset will use some as well.

It woundn't be that hard to mod in your own headstrap, I mean it's fucking cardboard

nah my little bro plays mario and pac man at the moment

Well how much does it cost? 20$?

The VR Starter Kit with just the Headset and blaster is $40

I actually have magnetic tape lying around.

>v-v-v-vr is only a meme when Nintendo d-d-does i-i-it

that could work

That was for the joycons IR sensor last I checked, but for the VR labo kit for gaming purposes you have both joycons attached to the Switch, so it's unable to use that.

Literally everyone here has always said VR is a meme you fucking retard

>everyone
>"So, we now have room scale VR, we're slowly working on higher quality screens for better resolutions and we're about to integrate individual finger/grip tracking in the next generation of VR games"
>Nintendo
>"dude, lmao, remember Google Cardboard 10 years ago?"

Attached: smug_cry.png (660x618, 769K)

The fact that Nintendo can release a full VR system for just $40 just speaks a lot about how much of a scam Sony, Oculus and HTC are running with their overpriced VR garbage.

damn right

nah, only disgusting poorfags say it

genuinely surprised switch will even be able to handle botw rendered twice even though it'll definitely still be 30fps and 720p split into two

>Nintendo once again shows they are completely detached from their actual userbase.
Yeah which is why they're the only ones that have never stopped catering to their actual userbase.

I'm going to buy the full set when it comes out next friday and there's nothing you can do about it Yea Forums. It will be my first and only VR setup.

ok loser

isnt the headset only like 40$ though? sounds okay for children, youre not gonna seethe over a childs product, roght Yea Forums?

>People eat it up this time however

Imagine how many Voodoo dolls of Nintendo there must exist under crying seether bedpillows. Just imagine.

I'll never understand why people still make VR trash. There's no market for it and as it is now its just an expensive screen taped too your head with waggle.

Perhaps the plastic eyepiece in the kit has some means of telling the Switch that it's being used.

>$40 for piece of cardboard is fine

It can't even hold 30FPS on a single render, there's no way this isn't going to be a shitty 12FPS slideshow in VR mode. I can't wait to hear the buyer's remorse and parents complaining as kids start puking left and right due to motion sickness and nausea because of it.

>Switch is the fastest selling console of all time
You mad? :)

that's probably why you have to hold it like a periscope, to keep you from playing it for many minutes straight

>720p
>60fps
Oh no.

Have some damn respect! High end VR sets are some of the most lush and most expensive dust-collectors around!

>falling for VR garbage in the first place
you deserve every cent stolen from you

>implying anyone is even going to buy this shit

>d-d-d-dead on a-a-arrival

I am :^)

>admitting of being a retard
nice

Attached: smug_nep.jpg (614x491, 110K)

What will happen if i detach joy con while in VR mode?

I'll have fun with it while you complain about it online

You die in real life

Mustard gas

Nintendo is just testing the waters. The inevitable switch hardware revision will have a proper vr headset that it works with.

Switch will never get actual VR

doubt it. VR has been stillborn since 1991 it's just a gimmick it makes much more sense buying google carboard or labo to dick about with than throwing money down the drain with a "real" rig that is still a meme at best.

u still need to leave the joycons attached, since they detect motion.
you cant use a 2nd set of joycons.

The Switch console itself has gyro built into it, you could play with detached joycon

if stadia did take off as everyones prefered form of gaming (if)
then the only way console companies could still make future sales, is through hardware that cant be done through streaming, which VR is one of those things.
so they would need to start making 1st party vr exclusives.

Just lie down bro

I dont see the issue?

I didn't know this but it is true
nintendo.com/switch/features/tech-specs/

PSVR is the industry leader.

>lie down
>camera is constantly pointing at the sky and can't move around because gyro tracking

Attached: CjcQBE6.jpg (362x346, 38K)

The difference between this and Virtual Boy is that the Switch actually has good games.

And it's not an eye-straining mess of black and red lines.

>the Switch actually has good games
LMFAO

>he didn’t play VB Wario Land

Maybe not if you're a tastelet