Prove to me that the original Halo trilogy wasn't the greatest trilogy in not just the FPS genre but also sci-fi gaming...

Prove to me that the original Halo trilogy wasn't the greatest trilogy in not just the FPS genre but also sci-fi gaming.

You literally can't.

Attached: halo-ce-hero-large-800x675-2c02d3b6c93c4c83b3b333becf9010ab.jpg (800x675, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHhhGiSBedE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its the greatest trilogy in all of gaming.

the gameplay is casual garbage lmao
play an fps that isn't dog slow

I liked the Metroid Prime Trilogy better.
I don't care for online FPSs

Dog's aren't slow retard.

>no scopes, not even medium range ones for assault rifle
>just spray and pray, inaccurately and kill the flood
>handgun has scope that can 'zoom' like high tech rifle scope

It was the worst of the era of video games

Attached: 1505874513945.jpg (480x480, 45K)

i'd argue the era where everything was trying to be a modern military shooter was worse

They weren't just online fps moron. The story was incredible

I think Metroid Prime is the best sci-fi FPS trilogy personally.
My favorite trilogy in general is the Jak and Daxter trilogy.

why the fuck would an assault style rifle NOT have even iron sights or a mid-range scope, and a handgun have zoomable scope though?

it doesnt make any fucking sense

>sci-fi gaming
the super star wars trilogy exists

LMAO you fucking retard. The pistol does not have a scope it has a camera. How about learn what the lore of Halo actually is before running your stupid mouth?

that makes it SO much better, and less of a game for complete casuals

Attached: 1461917430483.jpg (352x395, 45K)

Settle down, it's only noteworthy as a console shooter when it comes to mechanics, because it embraces the controller and builds its mechanics for it. The worldbuilding and setting are also remarkable but very derivative.

The Halo campaign has never been topped

Marty O'Donnel made pure kino with his music/cutscenes

gameplay wise the ar having a scope would be fucking pointless. but lorewise, every soldier has a hud provided by neural implants or a visor that links up with their weaponry so ironsights are largely redundant.

Lorefag here.

The key thing to keep in mind is that while the UNSC"s firearms seem primtiive given the game takes place 500 years in the future, they consistently are shown to be more complex in a few ways, most notably the fact that they use much larger cartridges and fire at higher bullet velocity then each gun's modern equailvent (The Assault rifle in Halo, which occupies a role sort of like the modern M4, uses a full size, 7x64mm round, their shotgun is 8 guage, their standard sniper rifle is an Anti material rifle, etc), alongside the implication and statements elsewhere that materials science has advanced and body arrmor and just general materials for equipment in general is much stronger, and that the guns havre advanced recoil migiation technology

The second, and where your question becomes relavenant, is stuff like intergerated electronics and digital logistics technology is super common. All guns have smart link systems to link up to the HUD of the wearer, (be it MJOLNIR's helmet, the ODST helmet, combat goggles, or even, assumedly, through a person's neural link they have installed on their neck), there's integeratef friend or foe tags, there's electronic/digital scopes that feed the zoom directly to the use'rs hud as well, ammo counters, etc.

So to answer your question, the reason is because electronic/digital systems and logistics is fully intergerated into the entire UNSC armed forces, so there's no need for actual iron sights. That vbeing said, we see in concept art (pic related), that if you remove the electronics suite, there's a sight under thewre

Attached: ODST.jpg (1280x1600, 152K)

he strollin'!

Lol video games have such low fucking standards.

That shitty Sunshine movie is a better sci-fi story than fucking Halo.

Bioshock exists
Metroid Prime exists
Honestly even Mass Effect exists even with a weak third entry (you know, just like halo)

oh yea and what hardcore fps you play back then?

turok exists
timesplitters exists
HL2 itself is basically a trilogy

CE barely has a story and 3 is generic as hell

2 has legitimately good writing, though.

Marathon
Time Splitters
Quake

BioShock had a weak 3rd entry too. Infinite was shit. Still, I think all 3 trilogies you named are better than Halo even with that in mind.

q3 didnt even have a campaign...you guys are brutal

>he plays FPS for the campaigns

2 is really quotable.

Bros...
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHhhGiSBedE

when you think of a trilogy usually people are talking about the story/sp not the mp
quake trilogy cant be the best because each game is totally different and 3 didn't have a campaign lol

no...its been like 10 fucking years since the population dropped drastically...no other fps has had a higher fall from grace...move on user

Q3

so doubtful
you probably played cs 1.6

ME2 and ME3 were the weak entries. Halo 3 wasn't even close to being as bad as ME3.

Yeah Marathon had a much better story. Durandal makes Cortana look like a dumb floozy.

Ate you retarded? Have you ever played a video game older than yourself?

>described as "a towering biochemically and cybernetically-enhanced supersoldier, raised and trained from an early age to be a weapon"
>moves slower than any FPS protagonist of his era, even a fucking female librarian (e.g. the protagonist of the Wheel of Time FPS) runs circles around him
What did Bungie mean by this?

Attached: 1542803428213.png (466x492, 187K)

Gameplay fun initially but repetitive. Difficult to get through playing all three games back to back.

Some noticable retcons that creates some confusion. Prophet of Truth is an example of this, I cannot make sense of his motivation and whether or not he knows what the rings do

They're good but far from perfect

>Halo
>greatest FPS

Movement in Halo games is slow as molasses, weapon diversity and control is extremely narrow, rocket splash is so huge you only need to lead on vehicles, and the crosshair magnetism is way too heavy-handed and not in-line with advances in manual gamepad aiming since 2001. Things like the BR and removal of health packs took the game backwards after CE, and yet the fans still argue for a Halo 3 clone.

The thing is, Halo isn't just slow compared to arena FPS; it's slow compared to other console shooters. Everything from the movement speeds, to the physics, to the ultra-heavy crosshair magnetism, is all a relic of a by-gone era where no one knew how to make FPS control smoothly on gamepads. By the 360 era, things improved enough to support the much faster gameplay of later COD games, BF series, UT3, even some Quake 4 console tournaments in France, etc.

So yeah, you can call Halo whatever you want, whether it's "tactical arena FPS" or whatever, but it's really its own thing which bears limited appeal either to PC arena FPS players or even people used to the later console military shooters.

Attached: 1j9ywu.jpg (400x369, 77K)

Why are you acting like Call of Duty is any faster than Halo? The walking speed is much slower and you have to practically stand still to aim your weapon.

Honestly halo 3 doesn't feel very sci-fi. The African shithole maps look quite modern and you don't really go on board ships like halo CE, 2 and 4

I thought it was bland back then. Compared to the shit show we're in now, it actually was a pretty good game trilogy

marathon had better story