Why the fuck is videogame music getting so worse? Outside a few outliners (Nier Automata) everything is becoming shit...

Why the fuck is videogame music getting so worse? Outside a few outliners (Nier Automata) everything is becoming shit, some generations ago we had stuff like this.

youtu.be/qN8pnf1AnUk
youtu.be/fv7c0si2AEo
youtu.be/R8I1Hku8GQk
youtu.be/8Zz1r1WCHvw

They all disappeared for shitty dubstep and trailer horns

Attached: 1458569832477.jpg (242x208, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PlJWyBthPdE
youtube.com/watch?v=NU4am8acLR0
youtube.com/watch?v=kHmNhTY-xS0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhIs6rUn7Pg
youtube.com/watch?v=WiLkUMB_BsM&t=57s
youtube.com/watch?v=B1lNhNHdoPI
youtube.com/watch?v=MyZylLMiFeY
youtube.com/watch?v=XypeYRi2tYs
youtube.com/watch?v=GOaPVvs2DpE
youtube.com/watch?v=TEFnMstBTAc
youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z6vKuJ6_U
youtube.com/watch?v=mvplSkyWgjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tk2eUGISZpk
youtube.com/watch?v=jaIo82uT0qs
youtube.com/watch?v=0UreOvO2z4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=aokKwSgCNqw
youtube.com/watch?v=m9cI4zWDKAM
youtube.com/watch?v=HG7o83Kkquc
youtube.com/watch?v=yufAYNDtoC4
youtube.com/watch?v=at1eCjl3O6M
youtu.be/88IsYnESdu0
youtu.be/s8SGobkfFfo
youtube.com/watch?v=RRPSCXoljkM
youtube.com/watch?v=1CGMk_roNaE
youtube.com/watch?v=sqnFZgRP4l4
youtube.com/watch?v=I2XVnLmG8UE
youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc
youtu.be/Ip3_Lt4eax8
youtu.be/4PSxkcw_Vr0
youtu.be/DNVKadElcKQ
youtu.be/hoh7VEEW2cE
youtu.be/C37PAE0CzTg?list=PL53mjgVKFq7wTRSwKFj3Fdom_wwItnIpg
youtu.be/tQhbktFT7HI?list=PL53mjgVKFq7wTRSwKFj3Fdom_wwItnIpg
youtube.com/watch?v=cGMWL8cOeAU
youtube.com/watch?v=vFrjMq4aL-g
youtube.com/watch?v=f9O2Rjn1azc
youtube.com/watch?v=5328cHtBGUY
youtube.com/watch?v=gUKnARapoWs
youtube.com/watch?v=Cq-l2pHsjUo
youtube.com/watch?v=n-_rFtK4S-g
youtube.com/watch?v=J8QnHuz-YU4
youtube.com/watch?v=NLkb3LWv0bY
youtube.com/watch?v=CzKgOhPN_JY
youtube.com/watch?v=LdVJsDGAEic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because normalfaggots have shit taste, and game companies have to pander to normalfaggots as much as possible for big profits.

Attached: 6937592732b92ffcf31408368cf4bb29d02cad60fd32aa991c12eaa64ed08e5f.png (419x549, 392K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PlJWyBthPdE
youtube.com/watch?v=NU4am8acLR0
youtube.com/watch?v=kHmNhTY-xS0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhIs6rUn7Pg

Stop being a nostalgic faggot. Also, Vergil 2 is better.

The YS one is the only one comparable and that is half cinematic trash too, the other are all of a much different style, also Cuphead music is really not very catchy and memorable as far as swing goes, the standard for the genre is much higher

No fucking way a few carefully selected tunes from the past are better than an ambiguous "now"

>"comparable"
>"much different style"
Motherfucker you were complaining about the lack of variety and quality. If you wanna bitch that the popular style isn't the style YOU like anymore, say that instead of implying game music has homogenized or gotten any worse than it used to be.

It's not getting worse, it's just that you are playing worse games. Read: American games.

With a few exceptions American games always had shit music. If you want good soundtracks, play Japanese games. Or games that emulate those games and their focus on music, see Sonic Mania and Undertale.

Production is definitely up, user. Maybe you are not actually looking.

I don't play American games, and while I agree they have it much worse, I still think jap music quality is declining too ti some degree

Daily reminder that RDR2 won best music over xenoblade 2
Shit taste faggots are the majority now

Do you think awards represent a "majority"?

Yakuza 0 had pretty great music

>he actually thinks some cringe weebshit deserves any music awards, let alone against RDR2
Cope

Yes. That event targets the core gamer nowadays whether you like it or not. That's why it also had fucking mobile shit and best """"content""" creator and fucking esports player.

That weebshit pedobait game didn't even get nominated despite having god tier ost. Its ost is still good enough to deserve a nomination.

>457523263
RDR2 is just as much of a shitty cinematic game as Xenoblade 2 anyway, you obviously never played it or you wouldn't praise it, everything about it is award bait

Because when you've $500 trillion in marketing riding on each entry of a 347 games long IP, you're going to be going for some inoffensive and bland focus tested mass-appeal garbage.
Same reason games suck. Ain't nothing between AAA and indie nowadays.

>pedobait
Bitch about Xeno2 all you want I don't care, your taste, but having Pyra and Mythra's "assets" before fully going over puberty is simply impossible

>generic weeb jrpg orchestra and electric guitar
>god tier
Come on now. Persona 5 is an example of a jrpg with good soundtrack, Xenoblade 2 is just bland weeb garbage.

Cope

Still better than RDR2's and AC's shitty generic atmospheric ambient "music"

>Daily reminder that RDR2 won best music over xenoblade 2
I'd say RDR2's soundtrack is on par with that game. But that's comparing apples and oranges when it comes to music direction and feel.

>Cope
The two games are cinematic garbage, you're the one who can't accept the fact that your "superior" American game is just as bad as weebshit

I swear this post is proof Yea Forums has become just as bad as reddit, just throw some common buzzwords and insults in like "cope", "cringe" and "weeb" and it is a downvote

>normalfaggots
I don't think normalfag means what you think it means.

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=WiLkUMB_BsM&t=57s
youtube.com/watch?v=B1lNhNHdoPI
youtube.com/watch?v=MyZylLMiFeY
youtube.com/watch?v=XypeYRi2tYs

Attached: 12165189764.jpg (622x350, 63K)

The Lethal League theme proves more games need soundtracks like Jet Set Radio.

Speedrunners has the greatest soundtrack of all time. Prove me wrong.

Surprisingly Far Cry 5 had the best soundtrack of 2018
youtube.com/watch?v=GOaPVvs2DpE
youtube.com/watch?v=TEFnMstBTAc
youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z6vKuJ6_U
youtube.com/watch?v=mvplSkyWgjQ

You're playing the wrong games.
youtube.com/watch?v=tk2eUGISZpk
youtube.com/watch?v=jaIo82uT0qs
youtube.com/watch?v=0UreOvO2z4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=aokKwSgCNqw
youtube.com/watch?v=m9cI4zWDKAM
youtube.com/watch?v=HG7o83Kkquc
youtube.com/watch?v=yufAYNDtoC4

youtube.com/watch?v=at1eCjl3O6M

The Ratchet and Clank remake is a perfect example of this
Compare the music from the original Metropolis to the soulless track in the remake
youtu.be/88IsYnESdu0
youtu.be/s8SGobkfFfo

Obama won Nobel Peace prize.

Is this the designated "shit on OP with good music from the last few years" thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=RRPSCXoljkM
youtube.com/watch?v=1CGMk_roNaE
youtube.com/watch?v=sqnFZgRP4l4
youtube.com/watch?v=I2XVnLmG8UE

Bruce won woman of the year.

Same reason every single other thing in gaming industry's been steadily declining for the past decade and so.

Attached: buying games now.png (950x600, 180K)

Why's he asking the question of whether or not a Bethesda game is a buggy mess when he knows the answer already.

Videogame music generally died after the 5th gen,DVDs were a mistake

video game music was never good.
>inb4 a youtube link
I won't listen to it.

Not him, but hearing samples of the soundtrack on the Switch's news app convinced me to buy the game. I hadn't bought a JRPG since Bloodborne, if that even counts.

Attached: chad.jpg (433x650, 75K)

And even he mocked him getting it, yes awards today mean nothing, but then again movie awards are incestuous today.

THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEEEEE

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK
IT'S TOO LATE

music in general has become worse and less complex and more samey, especially pop
there's studies about it

RDR2's soundtrack was great and one of the games few redeeming qualities, only a weeb shitter would think it was bad.

These awards are just commercials
Just notice that even though they should cover the whole year, they actually just cover the last two months of release, with some pity nominated that never gets the award.
This is probably the reason we are always having enormous release gaps and then everything for the year goes out all at once

Final Fantasy 15 had great music, so did mgs5.

>half cinematic trash
what does this even mean

Red Dead 2's soundtrack is pure kino. You didn't even play it, fag

>but then again movie awards are incestuous today
What? They were an even bigger circle jerk a few decades ago.

What kind of autist likes donkey Kong music

SMTIV was goddamn great
youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc

Suda's games always get banging soundtracks.
youtu.be/Ip3_Lt4eax8
youtu.be/4PSxkcw_Vr0
youtu.be/DNVKadElcKQ
youtu.be/hoh7VEEW2cE

Pyre was also a good one, Supergiant games never had bad music.
youtu.be/C37PAE0CzTg?list=PL53mjgVKFq7wTRSwKFj3Fdom_wwItnIpg
youtu.be/tQhbktFT7HI?list=PL53mjgVKFq7wTRSwKFj3Fdom_wwItnIpg

>Is this game a terrible port? (Chrono Trigger)
>Now

Attached: 61VBQ11Q9ML.jpg (500x496, 68K)

you forgot seething

Then why don't you like it user?

First of all you are a huge gaylord faggot. Secondly music in videos games are just becoming more and more like movie bgm in which it is not really supposed to sound good on its own, but instead are meant more to enhance the scene or situations at hand instead of just being a good song on its own. So the music is meant to enhance everything around it more so than anything else of focus on being a good song to be heard on its own.

The only way it enhances anything is it sounds like shit and makes me which there were proper tracks like in the old days

Sadly, ocarina of time, Mario 64, etc are long gone & ambient sound is the norm.
...You cant be serious. David Wise is amazing!

It's a shame Hideki Naganuma is the only composer going for that sound, and he's only ever getting guest spots/single tracks in games these days

>(Nier Automata)
Opinion trashed

>Nier
>Terrible port
You what?

Author was probably referring to Nier Automata, which is notoriously broken on PC

youtube.com/watch?v=cGMWL8cOeAU
youtube.com/watch?v=vFrjMq4aL-g
youtube.com/watch?v=f9O2Rjn1azc

Attached: transistor.png (600x600, 497K)

because dumb fucks on the internet flock to spread their dumbest take without spending a moment to consider what they're doing in the world
>WELL actually IF I wanted GOOD music I would be GOING to a CONCERT
>My PeRfEcT ViDeO GaMe WoUlD JuSt Be StIcKfIgUrEs fIgHtInG

>convinced me to buy the game
My condolences

I actually loved it. Xenogears is my favorite game, but every JRPG I played after that didn't compare. XC2 almost brought back the same feeling I had when playing gears for the first time.

Attached: Dance.gif (388x393, 4M)

youtube.com/watch?v=5328cHtBGUY
youtube.com/watch?v=gUKnARapoWs
youtube.com/watch?v=Cq-l2pHsjUo
youtube.com/watch?v=n-_rFtK4S-g
youtube.com/watch?v=J8QnHuz-YU4

>I actually loved it.
>XC2 almost brought back the same feeling I had when playing gears for the first time.
That'll be a yikes from me famalam. I don't think you actually get Gears.

All faggots. Vergil 1 is the only good theme of the 3, the rest are only considered better because of the moments they're attached to

RDR2's soundtrack was great because it was woven into the game extremely well, which is something of a rarity these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=NLkb3LWv0bY

Attached: 1550434679104.gif (500x324, 2.49M)

Because stop playing western AAA shit

Assassin's Creed games have generic cinematic scores

Attached: 13243535.jpg (480x480, 24K)

sounds like some shitty anime music

Reminder that civ 4 is the only game that has ever won a grammy and your weeb trash doesn't matter.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Based, fuck weebs

Composers stopped being influenced by jazz, prog rock and other music genres and creating music that's either snappy and catchy or sets the atmosphere of the scenes they're played in and instead decided everything needs to be boring "epic" music where everything blends together and sounds like things made for trailers on youtube.

Same reason film scores are shit now. Just non-descript "epic" music instead of being inspired by actual classical music, ballet scores and whatever. People forgot that background music is made to compliment.

>Persona 5
Shit Vocals as always, but this time around it ruin the song, not campy like p4 or p3 to save it.
>Blazblue
Poppy streamlined Riffs that have no bite whatsoever
>Touhou and Bloodstained
Pretty Good

>literal monkey beats
is 95% of the board underage niggers

>is 95% of the board underage
at least 50%

Music is getting shittier user
>t. Boomer

I really like dragon nests login themes
youtube.com/watch?v=CzKgOhPN_JY
youtube.com/watch?v=LdVJsDGAEic

Yeah, everything is just EDM and trap derivatives it's fucking lame. There's no real genre differentation anymore. There's the story from this week or last week about Billboard removing some song from the country charts because it's "not country enough" and I saw people defending it even though it's literally just a generic trap song with not a single country element in it beyond the guy kind of jokingly singing about tractors or something. Rock music is completely fucking dead and all the big or upcoming rock acts are garbage like Imagine Dragons and Grandson which is just EDM bullshit.

At this point the only enjoyment I get out of newer music is alt-idol since I enjoy the blendings of idol singing and image and different musical genres and the way it's all twisted around and stuff.

t. shit eating skrillex zoomer

There's fewer professionally made games. A and AA studios died, and only a few indies hire good composers.

I'd prefer if we went back to music from the 40/50s, but we don't get everything we want now. Just accept the zoomer world we have to deal with now.

True

Hopefully we will get a Cuphead sequel

Attached: cuphead_ost.jpg (700x700, 75K)

>if we went back to music from the 40/50s
Contrarian zoomer position. You're literally the retarded kid in youtube comment sections of older songs that cries about being born in the wrong generation.

>Assassin's Creed games have generic cinematic scores
The thing that amazes me is that AC4's soundtrack is pretty damn good, even ignoring the shanties, and doesn't quite have that generic modern film score quality despite being done by Bryan Tyler who's one of the worst offenders of modern lifeless film scores.

Attached: generator.jpg (1242x316, 32K)

Is it the same one in this album?
If so then it's pretty nice

Attached: cover.jpg (640x660, 248K)

your playing the wrong games op

Attached: DB29A2A7-361C-4C80-9C2D-83DB48A9312C.jpg (1332x1828, 1.64M)

Gears had some nice music.
Though I didn't like most of them because I don't like faux orchestral synths.

Attached: SBPS-0015_bk_1718.jpg (2872x1384, 424K)