What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: tom-clancys-splinter-cell-logo-png-transparent.png (2400x2400, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_GNtBd98TA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Michael Ironside got old. Unavoidable.

Nothing? Great series, with Splinter Cell and especially Chaos Theory being among the best stealth games to this date.

They made Blacklist

They couldn't figure out a way to make it open world so Ubisoft has no interest in making another.

They haven't made conviction 2 yet

Dead genre

Ubishit

Funny, but probably true.

Attached: 1552113885583.jpg (582x468, 20K)

Blacklist was the best one

Assassins Creed happened and it made shit tons of money so they focused on that mostly every other Ubisoft title get close to no budget and team

This is perhaps more true than I would like

They made Coviction, which, while a good game in its own right, took the slow, methodical stealth of the series and replaced it with movie-like action and speed.

Absolutely nothing. Amazing series. There's a reason Ubisoft are bringing it back.
>They couldn't figure out a way to make it open world so Ubisoft has no interest in making another.
They stopped making Splinter Cell games for a few years because Blacklist didn't sell very well. Ubisoft aren't interested in making expensive flops unless it's a Michael Ancel pet project. I'm personally dubious the next Splinter Cell will be open world. They're gonna wanna make it feel different to Watch_Dogs 3.

i spent more time playing spy vs mercs than i did playing halo on the og xbox

Will we ever see Bob and Steve again?

I reckon there's a solid chance the next Splinter Cell will take place after the global nuclear war from Far Cry 5.

Attached: Far-Cry-New-Dawn-war-journal.jpg (1024x576, 72K)

Wasn't Watch Dogs 2 watered down open world Blacklist?

reminder that CT is the best Splinter Cell

I have never played the series. Where should I begin, bros? I think I own all the games in Uplay, iirc

I mean, this is awfully fucking specific for an easter egg, you know.

Attached: 1pkee6mg7cg21.png (896x448, 793K)

Attached: nustealth.jpg (1132x1280, 162K)

Nothing, Ubishit just couldn't figure out a way to force the open world meme

Damn straight user. For proof that Ubishit wants to make their games feel different one only needs to look at their current in house AAA catalogue. Watch Dogs, GR Wildlands, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, The Division, yep, nothing similar going here, all completely different.

Attached: 1554178145968.gif (689x604, 586K)

Why on earth does the "new" version have a minimap? Modern Ubisoft games are all about minimalist as fuck HUDs.

Chasing bigger audience

Have you actually played Far Cry New Dawn and AC: Odyssey? They're chalk and cheese. Also, The Division 2 is extremely different to their other games. It's a looter shooter, yet Watch_Dogs 3 is going to heavily downplay guns to the point that you'll be lucky to get a pistol occasionally. (It's set in London, after all.)

I guess hacking people's phones and then ZDRing them is kinda like crossbow spam

They went action packed bum bum instead of staying true to the original sneaky gameplay. Biggest mistake was enemies being nothing mark them and instakill them. shit design.

Ironside getting cancer was the bigger problem.

A common point of confusion is that some people think that Sam Fisher wrote those notes 17 years after Far Cry 5, which would make him pretty darn old. No, he wrotes those after the Paladin crashed due to Far Cry 5's ending. Which was around 2018-2019.

Chaos theory.
my nostalgia for the first game is pretty strong, but I still can't say that it has aged as well, 3 is still great.
the story is pretty generic espionage stuff so you'll get into it

Splinter Cell was never good. These games were depressing as hell even. So dark, so generic. Very mediocre games. The first game has to be the most saddest game I have ever played. It is such a product of its time. I struggled to get through it. Everything is so dark and drab. Just made me want to kill myself. I've never played any other games that put me in such a low mood like Splinter Cell games did.

>depressing
youtube.com/watch?v=x_GNtBd98TA
Cope

imagine having taste this shit