Your low-tier rig

>your low-tier rig
>modern games that it can still run surprisingly well
Post em.

Attached: s287276877890059161_p47_i1_w1000.jpg (1000x669, 392K)

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-to-launch-on-april-22nd
pcpartpicker.com/
pcpartpicker.com/list/WbGmsZ
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-590/4037vs4033
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MGSV holy crap I was amazed how well that ran on my older computer it still had a c2d and 8800 GT

I have a thinkpad x230 from 2012 and it can run some games on pcsx2 at 60fps.

hnnh... hnngngh.. me weewee... ME WEEWEEE!

HHHHHHNNNNNNNNH

You don't need a meme spec to run most games, what a surprise

I've never tried it on PC, but i was shocked how well the PS4 version ran.
You can tell a lot of money went into that game.

>i5 2500 (non K)
>8GB DDR3
>GTX 560ti 1gb
>W7 Ultimate
ran everything up until Resident Evil 7 with it, at 1080p.

Now I got i7 2600K + 1060 6gb, and errything works just fine. Consoles are truly holding back games, again.

Do you mean PS3 version? That's the version I played and more surprising than the 4.

Nahh i meant PS4, good looking games running at 60 fps is way more rare on that console than it should be.

This card + 2500k has been fine for modern games at medium. I remember picking both up a few years back for $200 together. Wonder what the modern day poorfag equivalent would be

>2600k
>290x
It was bretty gud back in 2014 but now its getting old.

I installed a new processor on my pc and now it keeps randomly rebooting.

I was actually considering getting the ps3 version at one point years ago. Watched some gameplay footage on youtube and it looked like it ran like ass. Eventually got it on PC and damn I'm so glad I did.

Did you install the cooler properly?

My X220. Runs Rimworld really well.

I’m not sure.

Is it worth me replacing the paste I have on there? Can that fix it?

Check the temps first.

2500k and 2600k are incredibly good chips user
you did well

how about
>your high-tier rig
>old games that it runs surprisingly poorly
Pic related has trouble keeping up with quite many STALKER mods

Attached: meme.png (658x524, 37K)

>Gtx 1060 6gb
>i7 2600
>DDR3 RAM from same quarter as the CPU

Honestly not sure how I'm running games good considering how much of a bottleneck my cpu must be, but my GPU seems to be carry the weight well enough lmao

Just played Dragon Quest XI on my 2012 PC at 60FPS at 1080p.

Felt nice to know it's not trash.

Idk man could it maybe be your CPU?
I'm not an expert on this stuff, but i don't think yours is a very high tier one, is it?

>how much of a bottleneck my cpu must be
It really isn't. There's very few CPU intensive games out there. You're basically golden with ANY i5/i7 and a good graphics card for 95% of the titles.

A 1600 isn't exactly high-tier, it's more in the mid-range. Stalker being an older game probably doesn't help, it might have quirks that make it run better on intel chips.

Attached: laptop specs.jpg (646x434, 43K)

>stalker mods
>ever running good
The game engine likes single/dual core processors anyway. A dual core i3 @2 GHz might run them better than yours.

>i7-3770 (not 3770K)
>Gigabyte 650Ti 2GB (not that updated 650Ti Boost or whatever it's called)
>8 gigs of DDR3 RAM working on 1333 mhz
Still holds up surprisingly well. Built that rig in the middle of 2013 and don't really care about upgrading and shiet to this day.

the thing is turning down to static lighting in OLR and setting foliage to half allows me to do 60 with occasional 40fps while max settings is 20fps territory

1600 is low range. 2600 is mid

what does that make ryzen 3 chips?

This thread made me feel better about my own device, at least it can run everything i wanna play, even if i have to drop the resolution or frame rate sometimes.

Attached: Capture.png (505x177, 9K)

There's maybe a 10% difference in power between them. Ryzen 2 was a refresh generation with some extra bells and whistles.

>i7-3770
>650 Ti

For what purpose? Great CPU with shit card, you could've went for a much cheaper CPU but far better card and get much better performance out of it.

High end.

Eh, I was short on money back then so decided to go for such combo.
With such CPU I can still get a fine GPU even today without any bottlenecking, but that 650Ti is still doing a great job at handling vidya so I'd rather wait for it to die completely and only then I'll start giving a shit.

I'd literally send you my old GTX 760 if the post fee wasn't greater than the card's worth. Having to deal with 650ti in 2019 is a crime

Not a bad choice if you're emulating. 3rd gen i7s still handle Dolphin pretty well on their own.

>tfw Athlon

Attached: just.jpg (250x242, 10K)

I'm not saying that the CPU is bad, because it isn't, my argument was that he went with a really good CPU and shite card.

>FX 6300
>1050 Ti
>8GB

runs any AAA game at medium/high, when next gen consoles come out it's probably over though

>tfw my 760 just died

Probably going to pick up an rx 570 to replace it since I only play old multiplayer games

the most reliable card I ever had was the hd 4850 though, that shit lasted me until 2015

It was a midtier card at that time, probably was able to run games in 60fps. He bet on CPU and won, it's still relevant, he only need to change graphic card instead of the whole pc.

>Having to deal with 650ti in 2019 is a crime
That's what you get for being a poorcuck in a thirld-world country. (A cyka blyad one.)
Still. I'm pretty fine with it, especially when I'm not playing that much of modern vidya anymore. Last thing I've played was RE2make and it was giving me 50-70 fps on mid settings.

I5 2500k
GTX 970
8 gig Corsair DDR3

Battlefront 2

>GTX 2080ti
>i9-9980XE
>Still manage to get 60 fps in Counter Strike: Source in 1080p

That game is mad optimized

videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-to-launch-on-april-22nd

that shit is gonna cost almost as much as 1060, I can guarantee you

>Be poorfag
>Bought new rig in 2013 solely to replace my Pentium 4 which can't even play Half Life 1 well
>Radeon A6-5200
>6 GB RAM (unbalanced)
>No power supply, it's literally a laptop motherboard shoved into a desktop
>Originally came with the Radeon HD 8400, can barely play ASSFAGGOTS 2 on 768p min settings with 24 fps
>Installed the GeForce GT 730 2GB GDDR5 since low power consumption
>Now ASSFAGGOTS 2 runs 1080p max settings with 28 fps, about 50 if lower settings

Being a poorfag sucks, but honestly that was the best upgrades I could've done without buying an entirely new rig. Laughable fps, but the poor man's games I play don't stutter anymore.

1660 costs a little bit over an 1060 so that can't be the case.

>to replace my Pentium 4 which can't even play Half Life 1

Something else had to be a problem with your rig because I ran HL1 just fine on P3

I played HL2 at medium on a 2.6GHz P4.

Exactly my point.

I had a REALLY shit integrated card. Benchmark for it is literally 5.

Well that explains a lot. Time and again I keep telling people that the card is more than a half of the success with your rig nowdays. Games really aren't CPU intensive.

1660Ti is $280, 1660 non-Ti is $220. I can't see the 1650 costing more than $180.

>have that exact card
>not be a 60fps-or-nothing faggot
>enjoy vidya in 2019
feels good man.

Only tried CSGO with this mining card so far. Works well enough.

Attached: speccy.png (786x583, 43K)

Using my student loan money to buy a mined RX 470 and a still-shipping i5-4430 from China instead of paying my current semester fees is the best worst decision I've ever made.

It's the best GPU for Apex Legends IMO and it's the first time I've ever seen Witcher 3 in 1080p60fps.

It's the most YOLO shit I've ever done.

Attached: Speccy 2019.png (819x1077, 50K)

>that mobo

This was 2003 man. I didn't know any better since I was still a dumb teen and poor. Ten years later, considering what I ended up buying as an upgrade, still got plenty of those two. The new rig can at least play Dota and TF2, but low settings with some lag.

The GeForce GT 730 2GB GDRR5 card (which I bought around a year ago after doing research and discovering not all cards are created equal, the 730 is normally is very meh card but the version I got performs much better) was amazing. Difference in quality was incredible from only one change, and even the GDRR5 version is still low-tier compared to most other modern cards.

>tfw still have the meme card aka gtx 970 3.5gb
>never have any issues
Give me a reason to upgrade

>those temps

Attached: 1553411537043.jpg (204x200, 23K)

Have to run modern games at 720p to get a smooth experience, cpu and 7770 videocard are from aliexpress.
Currently enjoying risk of rain 2.

Attached: toast.png (528x360, 22K)

terrible rig my man.

Don't know if a 1050ti is considered low tier, but it can play anything I throw at it. Sometimes I'll have to go maybe to medium settings to get 60 frames, but that's fine.

same setup i used to have, now i got a rx 580 8gb
the 560ti is the goat gpu

>My build

Attached: 2012 parts.png (564x432, 25K)

Because it isn't a 1080 Ti?

always wonder if a ram upgrade would actually have any noticeable benefits at all

Attached: tfwshitram.png (701x480, 39K)

>want more SATA ports since motherboard only had 5
>CPU is so old that there's no new boards that'll take the socket, have to buy new CPU too then
>750Ti still going strong but won't cut it for most newer stuff, would have to upgrade the card
>most new cards are too long for my case, so will have to upgrade the case too
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Yeah it actually sounds like a thermal problem. Check those temps while gaming and if they are above 90°C there's a problem.

always ran into this sort of problem with upgrading individual parts

No space for an add in card?

Attached: IMG_20190406_115701.jpg (1000x750, 237K)

Dude you can just replace your GPU and maybe if you're needy, find another 8GB ddr3 stick. That CPU still kicks those days.

That's what you get for skimping on motherboards.

Always remember to treat yourself to a good board and PSU

>1200MHz
If you're still on DDR3, and you probably are, upgrading to DDR4 will also mean a new mobo and CPU. Just so you know.

I don't think I've ever used more than 5 SATA ports. Even less now that I have an M.2 SSD. One or two storage drives, a disc drive of some kind, what else do you need?

SSD, 4-5 storage drives, Bluray drive.
I can't use M2 because Windows 7 doesn't support them.

Ideapad barely runs new vegas on low settings kek
Its my dedicated aoe2 machine basically

It would also mean, you have to upgrade your CPU. At that point you've basically just gotten a new pc

Stalker likes high core performance though, doubt it even takes advantage of more than two cores.

>CPU 74°C
>MOBO 116°C
Have you even applied thermal paste?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

It doesn't show them right.

Once I get my i5 soon

>8800 GT
>graphic card from 12 years ago
>can run MGSV
ok, that's kinda impressive... are graphic cards just getting smaller increments over the years?

My last computer had a problem with the mobo temp sensor, it can happen. Would always show as 104 or more, even if everything else was in the 30s or 40s.

Ace combat 7 / geforce gt 710 1gb

>PCIe x4
So they truly exist.
I never saw them on a mobo, only x1, x8 and the normal x16

DDR4 dual channel 2400mhz my man

the question is wether to gto 3200mhz

No it's just the 8800GT that has truly something magical inside. It's the Crysis of videocards

>Install new CPU
>Speccy tell me it's idling at 95°C
Speccy is a fucking liar when it come to temps, keep that in mind.

Attached: 1554085334504.gif (540x304, 2.79M)

No, the game is just very scalable so you can get it to run decently on old hardware by making it look like shit.

I'm starting to get that feeling as well.
How's CoreTemp?

user how poor are you if you have to take a loan to buy a 100€ video card?

Oh lol I'm fucking dumb

Nah, it doesn't make that big of a difference. Maybe a few fps. Not worth spending $100 on new RAM.

>GTX 1080
>1680x1050/60fps display
Nigger, what the fuck are you doing?

There is one on my 1366 board, little orange one, it even has the end of the slot open so you can fit bigger cards in.

Attached: ga-ex58-extreme.jpg (1904x1568, 578K)

Ah yes the slot open it's a common thing, I have it as well on my z170 on the x1.

Attached: 1306602-n0.jpg (520x700, 139K)

I know, it's still fun to look at.

Hey Yea Forums, i wanna build a PC for around 1000 euro (assuming all parts are new), could you give me some recommendations for parts that i should go for?
I think for the GPU i want a 1660ti, it seems pretty good for the price.

I have no ideas.
I'm an absolute brainlet when it come to computers, I just know that Speccy isn't accurate because a group of friends sent me an entire rig to replace ol' toasty and I was checking shit out, thus my "discovery"

pcpartpicker.com/

Zen 2 in 3 months.

I find MSI Afterburner's overlay pretty useful for keeping an eye on my temps, idk how to make it visible outside of games tho.

That and GPU-Z are really useful.

>tfw been a 1050ti and FX8350 poorfag for a while now
>RE2 and DMC5 ran great
I'm planning to finally bite the bullet and get a new rig soon but I felt so happy that I got those two running, RE engine is black magic.

Attached: 1542408314817.png (587x715, 871K)

unless you do animations or photography just buy a 1080

Yeah, I'm glad I got i7-3770 back then instead of banking in a better GPU.
Finding 8 gigs of DDR3 1333 RAM is an easy task. There's like the ocean upon ocean of those in my area, and they are cheap af.
The GPU however... Now that is some hard shit. Brand new GPUs are too expensive and 99% of used were in hands of cryptofuckers.

Here's something quick I threw together. Should be about 800 euro if google is giving me proper conversions.
pcpartpicker.com/list/WbGmsZ

Obviously you can opt for cheaper or more expensive parts as you like, but this will be pretty functional at the mid-range. I use a 1660Ti as well and it gets solid 60fps at 1440p in most games with the rest of my rig being not too far off from that list.

I built a cute mini-itx PC with pic related, anyone else with a mini-itx?

Attached: product_9_20180716112044_5b4c0f0c42fcc.png (1024x820, 741K)

I wanted good performance

Almost all of them if you're willing to turn the settings down.

Especially right now; games are basically pegged to run on the latest consoles and those are over half a decade old now.

But the 1660ti is like 100-150 cheaper than the 1080, it's enough for what i want out of games i'm pretty sure.

Hmm yeah i've been told that before, maybe that's a good idea.

Ohhh sick, thank you very much user!
Which of these parts should i look at first if i wanna go slightly more expensive? I'm not very familiar with most of this..

Can Hitman 2 run on 1440p 60fps on Ryzen 2600x, Vega 56?

Some guy near me is selling a mobo with i7 2600 and 16gb ram for 150 bucks, should I grab it?

Until I finally fucking upgraded I had Xrd Rev 2 running nicely on an old potato with an 8800gt. Those cards were something else.

>upgrade
>Don't know what to play
>Don't even feel like pirating anything to try it out since NOTHING is interesting me
>Go back to M&B
At least I'm butterlard ready

Attached: 1529615227149.png (400x400, 575K)

Me. I built it for easy transport, so the case is one of the thinner cases with a riser card so the GPU sits parallel to the motherboard, and it has a handle.

I just realized looking at the specs that I've had this rig for 2 years and never got into the BIOS to change the RAM clock speed. It's been at its lowest since I got it, but I'm pretty sure it goes up to 3000 or even 3200.

The biggest impact you'll get out of more expensive parts will be in the CPU or GPU. Either a Ryzen 7 2700 or an RTX 2070 will probably put you right into the 1000 euro range.

Attached: specss.png (740x559, 40K)

That's suspiciously cheap.

sounds too good to be true

Win 10 64
Intel Core i7-6500U
8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
1 TB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce 940M

Ran MGSV and REmake2 like a dream. Cautiously optimistic about DMCV.

Attached: 41fjvnOwPaL._AC_SY400_.jpg (492x351, 20K)

So that's a yes then?

Yeah, probably.

I have and it can run DMC5 at 60 fps at 720p.
It crashed quite frequently tho so i ended up uninstalling it.

Is the 1660ti heavy? My case manufacturer warned me about using some kind of a gpu brace if I were to use stronger GPUs, otherwise it might bend the metal support underneath it.

Hmm thank you user, i think i'll consider the 2070 then.
My first impressions with pc gaming so far lead me to believe that games are far heavier on GPU than CPU, so i guess that's probably more important to keep updated.

All the 1660Tis I've seen have been smaller form-factor cards, around 8 inches vs the standard 13, mine included. So no, you shouldn't have a problem.

My case manufacturer (Silverstone) recommended the same thing, but I used a full-size RX 480 and later a 580 for close to two years with no problems.

Dayum. Maybe I should get on with buying it then.

What should I upgrade first bros?

Attached: speccy.png (660x461, 32K)

i don't think you understand how much of a difference you'll feel with an ssd and they're so fucking cheap atm

The monitor. It's 2019, stop living in 2007.

Get another stick of RAM after that. Maybe an SSD.

This. SSD is fucking snappy and I can't believe I went so long without one.

This
SSDs are the biggest and the best price/performace ratio upgrade you can make
That was true when they were twice the price they are now and it still is
8gb of ram is acceptable, but many modern games will want 16. You want this if you do other things such as keep the browser going while gaming

Attached: 1520580185187.png (600x587, 362K)

If you want to get killed, maybe.

Absolutely fucking this. I used my very first SSD back in January to upgrade my PC and installed my OS on it.

Windows would load in literal seconds and load screens are pretty much nonexistent in Monster Hunter World. It was insane.

Not those user, but that's your call. And, no I don't think that's suspiciously cheap. That's fair. A full built optiplex with i7 2600 is around $200 in my 3rd world shithole.

>i5-2520M, GTX 1060 3GB

Are you running a laptop with an external GPU or something?

>tfw mobo only supports sata2

How easy would it be to "move" Windows to an SSD if i get one?
Would i have to reinstall it?

You don't need a beefy GPU necessary. That can be upgraded later.

CPU however is harder to upgrade.

Honey Select ran on my shitty laptop from 2010.

10 series laptop GPUs dropped the M, they're all "desktop equivalent" in both drivers and performance. On paper. Half of the times.
In truth they have way lower thermal and power limits, plus the cooling is shit-ther, but they aren't called mobile versions anymore.

this was a few years ago but i had a garbage tier laptop that could run mgs5 on medium at 30+fps
the same computer could barely run any other modern game over 20fps

Pretty easy. I use a software called mini partition wizard or something. It is a freeware. It got wizard for is migration.

Just looked it up, that's about the same for me. Shit ok, gonna go with something like that instead and get a good gpu to go with it instead.

>550ti
>can run mgsv on high with 60fps stable
Holy hell

Working on a inexpensive Video Toaster for some artwork, screen recording, and light gaming, since I'm moving to my own place at the same time as building this, can't afford to break the bank. I started with a $100 HP Refurbished EliteDesk and have been upgrading from there:

> AMD Athlon X4 845
> 16GB RAM
> Radeon R7 240
> 1TB Mechanical, 500GB SSD

I'm going to be running Linux out of the box, since my work software is all FOSS, but I'll grab Windows later. Thought?

But that's a second generation mobile i5, no way 1060s were around when they were still sticking them in laptops surely?

How the fuck is that possible

You'll want to clone the HDD using a tool like EaseUS. If the SSD you buy has less space than the data you have on your current drive, you're gonna have to either move some shit to a different drive, or delete files if they're things you can redownload, like Steam games.

Ryzen chipset, unlike Intel, is supposed to remain the same until 2021 at least. Intel changes their shit every generation just to get you to buy new processors. Upgrading Ryzen processors is supposed to be way easier.

I think that's a thinkpad. Either x230 or T430 with egpu.
Fox engine is some black magic shit.

i5 3.5Ghz from 2016 i dont remember the model
770GTX 2GB
8GB RAM

im struggling at 1080p on medium setting for most modern games, have to set everything on medium/low if i want to gayme at 60fps

would a AMD 590 improve anything for me or should i just stard saving money for a new build?

The CPU is an i3 8100.

I haven't had any issues with any games except Nier Automata

Attached: Speccy64_nhAh4UOtda.png (514x402, 18K)

Rx 590 is a meme. Just get an used gtx 1070 if you want upgrade.

EU fags form where do you buy PC parts? Amazon?
there is a good German online shop that i found that has good prices (Mindfactory) but it doesn't ship outside Germany sadly

The 590 is $100 cheaper, and with used 1070s you run the risk of getting a mining card.

Yup, fox engine is truly wonderful. Imagine if Konami didn't have his claw on it

1070 is horribly priced new. And few used.

why is 590 a meme, not calling you out just wondering, i have seen some fps charts and it looks pretty good for the price

fuck used*

Why not just get a 1660ti at that point?

because of this

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-590/4037vs4033

That's 10$ more for 16% improvement, seems more than worth it to me. lol

>modern games

Attached: trash.jpg (1240x786, 222K)

nah those prices are bullshit, i can buy a 590 for 200€

>old laptop with gtx 950m and 16 gb ram
>can run alien isolation on ultra settings

Both MGSV and PREY surprised me with how well they ran on my 940M-8GB-6200U laptop.
I'm planning on swapping the optical drive out with an SSD.

Attached: laptop.jpg (940x540, 37K)

Tons of used card for under $200 in my place. Goes without saying, they were used for mining for few months before cryptomeme crashed. Some still have warranty until 2020.
Wait for Navi™

Having a decent rig for old games is not a bad thing. That and I play a lot of indies and while those are generally light, a bit of juice does not hurt for them.

Im still rocking a i7 930 from 2010. I upgraded the GPU from a gtx 9800 to a 780 in October 2013. Still giving me near 60 fps at 1080p. I kinda want to upgrade to a 1440p gaming rig though maybe after the next gen consoles are released

wHat is your gimp opinion on ivy bridge
im 3700k and i upgradedto a 480 from 7870
my ram eats ass i need to upgrade that but FUCK me i dont want to go nvidia because those cunts want 2k for a gpu
suck my dick
but also how tf do i upgrade this

DMC5 is the most recent game I ran on this system and had absolutely no problems running it on medium settings.

Attached: Speccy64_2019-04-06_13-48-44.png (426x458, 26K)

>maxtor HDD

jesus user how is that thing still alive and does it sound like a jet engine?

I have pretty much the same system except I had a gtx 760 up until recently and I have a 1tb SSD and 2 2tb hdds

Those fags who told me 16gb was overkill years ago can go fuck themselves

It was overkill years ago. It isn't now.

its slow and I use it only for torrented stuff where fast access speed isnt needed
also its a 2nd hand hdd, I have no idea how old it is

To be completely fair, even 8 gigs was more than enough during the 360/ps3 era.
First half of the xbone/ps4 era you could still comfortably get by with 8 gigs
These days fucking everything is bloated as fuck, if you have the cancer that is killer networking, you already lose 1-2 gigs just to the drivers they ship.

I am suck with this setup in BF4

>if you have the cancer that is killer networking, you already lose 1-2 gigs just to the drivers they ship

Fuck, really? The laptop I bought a week ago has it. Good thing I was planning to shove another 16GB stick in there, then. Why the fuck Dell ships their shit with 1x16 instead of 2x8 is beyond me.

Yes, various reports around the web report a significant reduction of ram usage after boot when they're uninstalled and replaced with the windows defaults.
You have to download the "killer software uninstaller" tool if you want to get rid of them. Just going to the device manager and/or programs and features doesn't cut it.

Sekiro runs at 60 on high with the SpecialK mod
GTX 1060 3GB, i7 4790k, 8GB RAM

Attached: 1551358752943.jpg (1019x1199, 265K)

Haven't upgraded anything since 2012. In just a few hours I'll be a cardlet no longer.

Attached: gpu order.jpg (608x296, 20K)

Ryzen 3 2200G
No dedicated GPU, integrated Vega 8
8GB RAM(6 available, 2 VRAM)

Most recent games i played is DMCV and it runs no issue at medium settings, 60fps with several dips in the mid 40s at 1080p, stable 60fps at low settings 1080 or mid settings 720
Im not interested in games like Sekiro, but it'd be cool to see if i can run it decently

I got this on release and regretted it ever since. what did you pay for it?

>mining card

Mining cards are usually undervolted to reduce cost and prob ran cooler than some gamer mutt

Got it for $110. What was wrong with yours?

fucking retard, minin cards work at 100% 24/7 and gayming cards maybe 2-3h per day

Forgot to say, surprisingly Bayonetta runs at an incredibly varied framerate, mostly around the 30 with several dips in the 20s and occasional spikes in the 50s, and even when the counter shows stable 30fps, i can stil see some stutter that is way worse than other games running at 30fps.

Also, GTAV runs easily at 60, but for some reason it occasionally locks at 30 and im forced to alt tab out and back again to fix it.

nothing, it served me well and games ran well I guess. but it didn't give me the ''wow'' factor I was expecting and like after a year there were already games I couldn't max out

that's a good price tho

For that price you should be looking at a 1070 for a little more juice, might end up going 100 bucks over budget though. Otherwise is decent, except I would never ever dream of skimping on PSU, always get a Seasonic like the FOCUS 850 Gold for 20 bucks more or at the very least a gold-rated one since you'd you just spend that much money and more on wasted electricity, and since that alone will determine how long all your other components will last (due to voltage stability and such). Also I'd never get a case without built-in HEPA dust filters but that's at least twice as expensive so you might consider that a non-essential luxury.

I have a 1 TB HDD and a RX 570 to install. Don't ask why I haven't yet

Attached: wow.png (662x524, 36K)

with a mining card you have 100% chances of getting a card that is tens times more used and worn out than an older gen card used for several years.
As in, a 2 years old used 1070ti mining card is way more used than a 5 years old used 970

It's still going strong.

Attached: Speccy64_2019-04-06_15-35-31.png (682x472, 27K)

I5-2500k 16GB Ram RX 480 runs just about everything in 1080p just fine. E3-1220 16GB Ram 1050TI Runs just about everything in 1080p fine. I5-2320 8GB Ram Radeon 6670 Runs 1080p in medium low settings on most stuff, just needs a slightly better card.

I really want a reason to upgrade and all I can manage to do is tell everyone I know not to spend more than 400 dollars putting a PC together right now unless they specifically want to do 1440 or above.

tBh the only reason I could think of for an upgrade is one of those super fancy 800$ monitors. maybe a 1440p/144hz one or that 3440x1440 100hz monitor from asus. but they all have massive bleeding so what's the point of paying that much money for flawed tech???

maybe, a TN, but idk, the colours will suck no? have they fixed latency on VA yet?

>graphic cards just getting smaller increments over the years?
yes its called diminishing returns

>GTX 1050 Ti
>8GB RAM
>i3-7100
Good enough for games a few to over a decade old.

Attached: 1346063149325.jpg (500x600, 95K)

>R5 1600X
>RX 580 8GB
>8GB DDR4 RAM

shit is good enough for proper 1080p gaming

My GTX 960 could play Nier Automata at 60fps with low-mid settings desu

i7-8600K
Gtx 1080

I don’t even like modern games

I don't think they have fixed much of anything desu. I would like to do 1440/60 FPS after Zen2 drops, with a big IF depending on how video cards go. Probably going to have to wait awhile to justify a card upgrade. I will probably wind up sticking with 1080p for awhile yet because i've gotten used to playing on a 40'' TV that has

Sony vaio VP13z craptop. To my surprise, it can run starcraft1 remastered and cuphead pretty well, but other than that, is just a weak workstation

Attached: My PC.jpg (659x835, 258K)

>all these people with midrange+ cards but no ssd

Attached: 1376302803440.jpg (640x560, 58K)

Sorry but I'm paranoid about the wear and tear of SSDs

>[email protected]
>770gtx 2gb
EDF 4.1, vermintide 2, sc2, astroneer all run just fine

Dont be, even since win7 theres been trim and controller level wear levelling. Even during heavy write loads, the drive will only every end up in read only. You will still be able to copy everything off it.

So many people with outdated i5's. I hope you guys at least pick up a used i7 sometime. Your min fps will thank you.

i probably wont upgrade for a long time

Attached: my pc.jpg (889x512, 48K)

>bought an i7 3960x in 2012
>runs game with ease

>buy gtx 1080 last year
>struggled to run re7 with good graphics

whats the last good i7 that was solder so I dont have to delid

>Ryzen 3 2200g
>GTX 1050
>8gb drr4
>Can still run most games at decent fps
Poorfags win again baby

Attached: 1550684135983.jpg (331x370, 22K)

Τhat 7750 kills me.

Attached: 1542484112122.png (625x304, 19K)

It's not much and it's a bit old but it still runs most new games really well. I'll probably upgrade in a year or so, please no bully.

Attached: Untitled.png (769x590, 42K)

I'm the user that asked about the mini itx and I'm using the same casing as you. I fucking love it. Do you always keep it open like that though?

Pretty much the same specs as yours except that I'm using an AMD 5 2600.

Attached: 1517030689126.png (450x413, 338K)

I'm still too FUD to go through the process of cloning the drive and whatnot.
Also, I'm sure it'll cause some performance improvements in vidya, but maybe not enough to justify the expense and time.

I have a 980 and it runs everything but I can feel it starting to age. I have to fiddle with the settings and bump down a few sliders to get a smooth 60. Feels bad man.

>12GB RAM dual channel

wut?

he doesnt care about losing some useless file idiot
an ssd costs money

Dont clone if its from a hdd to an ssd. Reinstall everything or just use the ssd as a secondary drive you install games and software onto.

RAM price are failing. If you don't have pressing need just wait it out.

>an ssd costs money
half a tb costs like $100 now days fucko

Are they? I was thinking of going to 16gig since I fell for the 8gigs is enough meme back in 2015 but ram prices atm are over 2x what they were back then

>switched to ssd
>now can't stop talking about it
Is this what being evangelist feels like?
Get an SSD, good anons.

Depends on your socket what you can upgrade to. If you don't have any then buy something new.

i tried to play the BFV 10h demo and i got cuck so hard by 8GB of RAM

Built in 2012 and still running today.

Back then I built this with my low paying job just to get started on PC gaming and editing.

I can still play shit like Witcher 3 on Medium settings at a solid 30fps, which is fine for me. I actually play Apex at 60fps on Low, but that's okay because I was never too much of a graphicsfag, but now I have a salaried position at a big company that pays well and will probably build a high end system soon.

But this little machine has also treated me really well, so it's like a dog that won't give up on you. I sort of want to keep it around and maybe have it running as a server or something. Any ideas, anons?

Attached: 057983251640654.jpg (585x233, 18K)

I do feel like I'm going back in time to when people have scurvy on boats to tell them to eat some fucking oranges and lemons

AFAIK there's a new chink player in the market soon to ruin Korean cartel.

>Reinstall everything
Hell no.

Attached: 1463239590006.gif (400x225, 1.08M)

Home theater PC?
Or, figure if you have some (older) PC games that use a controller, set it up as a "console" in the living room. Just an idea, don't take it seriously.

What do I replace next boys, I got an RX580 not long ago (keeping it)

UserBenchmarks: Game 50%, Desk 38%, Work 31%
CPU: AMD FX-8300 - 47.5%
GPU: AMD RX 580 - 68.8%
HDD: Seagate ST2000NM0011 2TB - 53.3%
HDD: JMicron 1TB - 67.1%
RAM: Samsung M378B1G73DB0-CK0 1x8GB - 31.2%
MBD: Asus M52BC

Pull out the GPU to reduce the electricity usage, max the sata slot with HDD, start becoming data hoarder?

That's sort of what I was thinking. Treat it as a seedbox and put Plex on it for media streaming

You are going to absolutely hate yourself in 3 years minimum, and likely be poor forever with that level of money management.

770 GTX reporting in
Planetside2 and sekiro still running gud

Attached: IMG_20181217_095650.jpg (851x484, 61K)