Have you tried programming your own game yet, Yea Forums? If so, what's your current progress on it?

Have you tried programming your own game yet, Yea Forums? If so, what's your current progress on it?

Attached: 1527263057665.jpg (500x700, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0mN2tUlMJvr
vocaroo.com/i/s0z4lEvgDTb2
vocaroo.com/i/s14sFMtwQ7Dm
twitter.com/funktroniclabs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm making a game in 2DFM, but the problem I'm realizing is that I want to make my own game entirely, and fighting game art is really intensive. I'm basically having to teach myself animation, which is pretty tough for someone who's very inexperienced in it. It's a lot of work to sprite just one character.

It's too much work for 1 dev to make something good
>inb4 guy who worked on his game for like 7 years

Nah, im kind've an ideas guy myself actually

I know guys who've worked on their game for 9 years, with barely anything to show for it. I'm realizing now, as I get older, that without a team and rewards, human progress is very difficult.

I would but I don't have any programming socks.

where did the "programmers are traps" meme come from

every fucking time

it's a genuine question

reality, and also /g/, I believe. Speedrunners and programmers are notoriously feminine on average for some reason.

his bulge is too small

the internet hugboxes that technically adept people have ended up with are up to their necks in feminine nonsense, and most of those people yearn to be socially acceptable in some way

Yep, but I'm too lazy to read or learn so whenever I actually make something it's generally not optimized so I'll just say "It's not my problem" if anyone ever asked.

Attached: 1537893646240.png (436x323, 261K)

How many semifamous tranny programmers are out there? So far the most well known (I know) is christine love and her "gf" and plethora of followers. Really, there are like 10 or 20 interacting daily doing "programmer humor" or memes every single day. There are so MANY.

I'm into it desu

Never made a game at all, but have made music for a vidya game. I wish I could make more music for another game. Found the first job in one of these threads, actually. Here's some samples of stuff I did for fun
vocaroo.com/i/s0mN2tUlMJvr
vocaroo.com/i/s0z4lEvgDTb2
vocaroo.com/i/s14sFMtwQ7Dm

How are you supposed to visualize stuff in C/C++ again?

Been working on this, it's basically consumed my life

Attached: michaelbay.webm (964x588, 2.86M)

Attached: 9285g_1.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Seems like it's come a long way since the last posts I saw from you months ago.
Keep up the great work and good luck!

>picked up game programming as a class
>using LWJGL3 instead of an engine
>class is basically "heres what you should do, but you need to find it out yourself :)"
>all tutorials are mixed between old versions of LWJGL3 and newer ones with discrepancies between the functions for certain actions
>class and stuff thats worth marked also uses the old versions
>get told "no this is wrong, you should do it like this" and then explains the way to do it in the old deprecated versions
>completely discouraged from continuing it

Attached: 1437352118075.png (591x716, 322K)

Should post your email, user

Attached: clip_4.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Holy shit! That looks so fun. Do you have a twitter or something so people can keep up with development?

twitter.com/funktroniclabs

Attached: 46gtu.webm (956x538, 2.87M)

>someone recommends Godot for 3D
>lacks basic features like occlusion
Why is freeware open-source stuff always such a fucking meme

I've made a burner email for anyone interested
[email protected]
I'll give another email once things are more set in stone, if at all

I'm just starting. It's mostly syntax-based though and it sounds easy enough since it's a digital card game I'm making. Which programming language would be best for this type of thing?

Haven't touched my dev folder in years.